PDA

View Full Version : The Slanty Shanty II [town]



Pages : [1] 2 3

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 11:47 AM
One stormy night, when the wind was whistling around the eaves and the thunder was rattling the window panes. A particularly bright flash of lightening lit up the sky and far above the old quarter of town, a large shape could be seen by those brave enough to venture out into the storm.

With a loud crash and the sound of splintering wood, it hit the ground. The next morning, when the dust had cleared and the storm abated the shape turned out to be a large sailing ship - sails and all - now nestling in what was once an abandoned flop house.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few days of furious clearing up, the building looks completed. The walls of the building still stand, but instead of a roof, there is a ship sticking out of the top of it (the top of the walls are about a foot beneath the deck). The sails are still unfolded and blow gently in the breeze. Cannon sit upon the deck and individuals with particulary good vision can spot what appear to be tables and a bar as well. There is also a 12ft sculpture of the owner, Sillyphia Bean, made of crystal out in the street. ((If you ask inside, someone will tell you it was made by Ghost Warlock, a regualer, as an ice sculpture during the 'Snow Oracle' event. It's crystalised to make it permanent.)) Above the door is a hastily scribbled sign stating that the... establishment....is called 'The Slanty Shanty' which is odd because it looks perfectly level to you.....

Upon entering the building, some of the first things that may strike you include the fact that the bottom of the ship is sticking through the ceiling of the ground floor. A grand staircase rises up into it and, presumably, up to the deck. Secondly, the extremely busty bar wenches - or if you are not that way inclined - the general decor. Various nautical-related items adorn the walls - stuffed fish, ancors, rope, nets - and heavy chandeliers (the type you can swing on) hang from the celing. The rest of the room is typical of bars everywhere i.e. tables, chairs, a bar etc. and is very neat and tidy. You also notice, through the paraphernalia, another room leading off this one but you can't quite make out what's behind there......

Here are some of the staff seen walking around ((NPC's. Don't abuse them please)).
- Busty Wenches. Nina, Tracy, Donna and Stacey. All young free and single. For the right price of course.
- Barman Pete. Has an eye-patch, peg leg and a hook on one of his hands. Nobody knows how he is such a good barman.
- Fishsteak Bill . The chef. Will and can cook anything so long as it’s got fish in it.
- There are some hairy, but otherwise non-descript, men wandering around doing odd jobs. Most of them have tattoos.

A notice on the bar says:

SERVICES AND PRICE LIST

Food and drink – see other price list
Rooms - 1CP. 8 Hammock in a communal room #1
* * * * *- 1SP. Small, but clean linen and towels daily. #2-6
* * * * *- 1GP. Clean linen and towels. Complimentary mint. #7-10
* * * * *- 5 GP. As above but with a rope in the corner with the label ROOM SERVICE written on it. Pull it and someone will come. #11-13
* * * * *- 15GP. The Honeymoon Suite. Red and Pink satin sheets. Flowers. Complimentary meal and bottle of wine. #14
Baths – 1CP. Includes towels.
* * * * *- 1SP. As above but with bath salts and oils. *
Card Tables – Go through to the back room.
Any and all breakages caused by persons fighting in the premises must be paid for, in full, by the parties concerned.
Functions may be held here. Price negotiable
Those who want a job may leave their name and a contact address at the bar ((i.e. PM me please)).

FOOD AND DRINK

Apple Juice - 1cp
Boatsberg (‘Brewed on boats for boaters!’) – Strong Ale. Tastes slightly of seaweed. 1sp
Cider – 1cp
Ginger Beer - 1cp
Grog – thin and watery 1cp.
Homebrew – not to be drunk if suffering from any of the following conditions: Living
Mead - 1sp
Milk - 1cp
Rum – black and white. 1sp.
Seamans Bane – *Ale.1cp
Water - free
Whiskey – 1sp
Wine – Red, White, Rose in 1sp, 1gp and 2gp varities. Wine especially from the cellar starts from 5gp.


Baked Stuffed Trout 1sp
Devilled Fish 1sp
Devilled Lobster 1gp
Fish Curry 1cp
Fish envelopes 1sp
Fish Soup 1cp
Fish Stew 1cp
Fish and Chips 1cp
Herrings with Mustard Cream 1gp
Oyster, Mussel and Mushroom Pie 1sp
Scallops an gratin 1gp
Sauteed Sqiud 1gp
Sushi platter 1sp, 2gp or 5gp to share
Sweet and Sour Fish 1sp
Tuna Bake 1cp
(any fish dish may be requested and the chef will prepare it)

Cigars may be ordered from the bar starting from 1GP

Back Room

The back room has a smoky haze hanging over a couple of card tables. Some non-descript members of staff attend games already in session whilst busty wenches bustle around them with drinks. The games set up already are black jack and poker but a Craps table is also in the corner.

A sign on the wall says:
All card games must be held in this room and supervised by a member of staff.
Cheaters will be made to walk the plank
Any games involving over 10 players must be sanctioned by the owner [Sillyphia Bean].
Members of staff run games of Poker and Black Jack as well as Craps throughout the day. Tables are available for customer use if you do not wish to participate in the aforementioned games.

First Floor

The bedrooms are on this floor at rear of the ship, the baths are at the front and the stairs continue up onto the deck. The baths are separated into ladies, gents and misc with each area is the same. All are very clean and contain a small area for changing, an appropriate member of staff ready to administer bath salts and towels. The water is on tap using an elaborate system in which both hot and cold water is available. Special….needs…..may be catered for upon request. *

Deck

The cabins up here are accommodation for the staff and the kitchen. All are out of bounds to guests. A few tables are up here for those whom wish to eat or drink outside; a small pulley system going over the side of the ship seems to be used to bring food or drink up and down. There is a bar in the corner but it would appear that it only gets used for functions. The view of the town is unsurpassed and is very pleasant in the evening twilight.

_____________________________________________

A new notice appears on the bar. It says

THIS BAR IS NOW PROTECTED. However, this does not excuse fighting etc. Any such activity will be dealt with appropriatly.

((OC - the whole place can not be damaged by magical energy and is indestructable.))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 11:47 AM
((WOOOOOT!!! Didn't think it would have been this popular but here we go...)))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 12:02 PM
Ghost Warlock lounges about the Slanty Shanty, idly flipping through an obviously well-read book.

((FYI - Slightly preoccupied at the moment.))

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 12:33 PM
A loud *BANG* echoes through the Slanty Shanty, and a well dressed man appears flying out of one of the walls and bounces of the wall on the other side. He whips in cane around in an odd manner and lands on it pulling it up to a 45 degree angle to the ground as if braking.

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 12:50 PM
Ghost Warlock raises an eyebrow at the lively newcomer.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 01:39 PM
((There you go Ghost - the statue is in the description ;D OOOOO look it hatched. It's a dragon. YAY!!!!))

~ Sillyphia turns to the newcomer ~

Are you ok? That looked like it may have hurt

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 01:47 PM
(( ;D ))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 01:51 PM
~ After not getting a rtesponse, Sillyphia turns back to GW and says...~

Hello. How are you today?

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 01:51 PM
The Dancing Man gets up, shakes himself, and vanishes in another puff of smoke.
((Work attacked me today... sorry))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 01:52 PM
I am doing quite well. Yourself?

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 01:54 PM
((what literally or metaphorically?))

Good thanks.

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 01:59 PM
Gezina and Karsen

*Gezina and Karsen walk in, Gezina seems like she's staring straight ahead and feels with a stick before every step, Karsen makes sure she doesn't fall*

Anyone here?

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 02:06 PM
GW looks at Gezina and Karsen.

Oh, my! Gezina, what happened?

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 02:06 PM
~ Sillyphia waves at Gezina and Karson ~

Hello

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 02:07 PM
Gezina

Two things, one I'm pregnant, two I'm blind.

*Karsen leads Gezina to a chair*

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 02:12 PM
Well, congratulations! How long have you got to go?

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 02:13 PM
Obviously a bit flustered:
My goodness! How did that happen?
Um, the blindness, I mean.
I already understand the basic mechanics behind pregnancy.

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 02:16 PM
Gezina

I'm not sure on how long I've got to go, it seems to go faster than it's supposed to, I discovered I was pregnant last friday, and it feels like I'm almost halfway through it. For the blindness, it was some strange poison, the poison is gone but the blindness is still here.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 02:21 PM
Wow! That is fast. Do you think you can get something for the blindness?

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 02:22 PM
Ghost Warlock moves closer, concerned.
Was the poison and its subsequent blindness magical in nature? Have you seen a priest about either the poison or the rapidly advancing pregnancy?

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 02:22 PM
Gezina

I don't know, my father was powerless and he's a greater god. And the posion didn't appear magical, I haven't seen a doctor though.

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 02:29 PM
Hmm. *
If a god was powerless to help, I'm not sure what good mortal powers will be.
And I doubt the only god I know would really help matters, even if I had a means by which to contact him.

Exachix
2006-10-02, 02:30 PM
Karsen smiles faintly.

"It may heal over time, But it may not."

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 02:34 PM
If it was a poison, maybe there's an anti-dote. I know you said the poison was gone but the anti-dote may still work.

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 02:35 PM
Gezina

It might, but I wouldn't know where to look.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't know either sorry. Maybe someone in town may help. I heard rumours there is an apothecary somewhere. Not sure if it is still open though.

Exachix
2006-10-02, 02:39 PM
Karsen thinks.

"There may not be one, an antidote that is. Fenric may know, but he may not. Cathridar said he couldn't find what the poison was so he couldn't work out how to fight it."

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 02:40 PM
Gezina

*Gezina sits down and sighs*

Exachix
2006-10-02, 02:41 PM
Karsen stands by her.

"It'll be ok. As a small point, can you see anything blurry or something?"

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 02:41 PM
Gezina

No, I can't.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 02:47 PM
~Sillyphia looks slightly uncomfortable~

If there is anything I can do to help...

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 02:49 PM
Gezina

I'll be sure to contact you, though I might contact Ghost first, by the way, did I tell you Karsen and I got married recently?

Exachix
2006-10-02, 02:49 PM
Karsen sighs and looks quite sad. he rests his head on Gezina.

"I don't know. I really don't know."

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 02:58 PM
No you didn't. Was it a nice ceremony? Tell you what, you can have a free meal with drinks to celebrate. How does that sound?

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 02:59 PM
((what literally or metaphorically?))

((A little of both))

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:00 PM
Gezina

*Gezina smiles*

That would be great, in fact we came here to have something to eat*

*Gezina rubs her very much grown stomach*

Exachix
2006-10-02, 03:01 PM
Karsen smiles.

"Thank you."

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 03:02 PM
Yes, I will lend assistance in any way I can.
And congratulations on your marriage, and on the little one.
I always wondered what it would be like to be a parent. My Ayita was taken from me before we had the chance to find out.

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:04 PM
Gezina

It's probably little ones, I'm a fox after all.

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 03:06 PM
Yes, I suppose that makes sense!
...
I just had a troubling thought, though.
I wonder if the blindness and the pregnancy are somehow linked.

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:08 PM
Gezina

I don't think so, holy exachix was affected by the same poison and he's also blind.

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 03:12 PM
Well, I suppose that's a small blessing, then.

Exachix
2006-10-02, 03:12 PM
Karsen nodds.

"I belive ultimatly it was him the poison was after, and so he has sustained greater damage than Gezina."

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 03:13 PM
~ Pete comes over to the table Gezina and Karson are at and says ~

So what do ye want then?

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:14 PM
Gezina

What shall we have, Karsy?

Exachix
2006-10-02, 03:17 PM
Karsen looks at a menu.

"Foodwise? I don't know...."

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:18 PM
Gezina

Even if there was braille on this chart I couldn't read it, I have never learned braille.

Exachix
2006-10-02, 03:25 PM
Karsen smiles.

"Well, what do you want, Sweet and Sour Fish, Tuna Bake, Sushi Platter, Squid..." Karsen proceeds to outline the fish part of the menu.

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:26 PM
Gezina

Lobster would be nice for a change.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 03:29 PM
Lobster 'tis then!. An' what about ye sir. What be ye havin'?

Exachix
2006-10-02, 03:31 PM
Karsen thinks.

"I'll have lobster too. I've never had lobster."

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 03:34 PM
Good. I`ll get Fishsteak Bill t' cook 't immediatly.

~ He shuffles off to tell Bill ~

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:36 PM
Gezina

*Gezina smiles and waits for her dinner*

Exachix
2006-10-02, 03:37 PM
Karsen smiles and nuzzles Gezina.

"I love you Gezina."

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:38 PM
Gezina

Yes, I know.

*Gezina's mind seems to be someplace else*

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 03:38 PM
Gezina, you are capable of manifesting psionic powers, correct?

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:39 PM
Gezina

Yes

*Gezina says this very abrupt and her mind still seems someplace else*

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 03:40 PM
I am not capable of curing your blindness, but I believe I may have a dveised a method of working around the condition.

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:41 PM
Gezina

What?

*Gezina still doesn't seem really here*

Exachix
2006-10-02, 03:42 PM
Karsen looks at Gezina.

"What are you thinking about?"

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:43 PM
Gezina

I just realised, my mother thinks I'm dead, she doesn't realize she's going to be a grandmother.

*Gezina sighs*

Exachix
2006-10-02, 03:44 PM
Karsen sighs.

"Well, we could find and tell her."

He looks back at GW.

"Sorry about that, what were you saying?"

InaVegt
2006-10-02, 03:46 PM
((Sorry, just realised I have to get up really early tomorrow, so I'll just say goodnight, Exy has permission to NPC Gez))

Kyrian
2006-10-02, 03:48 PM
((Exachix: That's a little easier said than done...Gez's mother is in the future...))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 03:49 PM
((ok. Bye!))

~Pete comes over with the food ~

Thar ye go. Would ye like some drinks?

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 03:50 PM
I have the ability to grant knowledge of powers I know to others with psionic ability.
One of the powers that I know, that I could bestow to you, allows the manifester to alter the way their senses function. *You could adjust your sense of touch so that it would be sensitive to light or sound. *In this way, you would be able to, in effect, see with your sense of touch. *I believe it is sensitive enough that you would even be able to read.
How long the effect would last would be based on your own power, and its duration would be limited to tens of minutes, but it would be better than nothing and would allow you a bit more independence and safety.

Exachix
2006-10-02, 03:51 PM
Karsen shakes his head and they begin to eat.

"No, but thank you though"

((Oh right. That complicates matters.

Nite Gez.))

Gezina thinks for a second.

"That would help. Could I think about it and get back to you?"

((I.e. when she gets back.))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 03:55 PM
Certainly, you know where to find me.

Exachix
2006-10-02, 04:00 PM
Gezina smiles as she eats her lobster. Sometimes Karsen has a slight problem, but gets over it quite well.

[hr]

Soon the pair finish and Karsen pays for it. Karsen leads Gezina to the door, as the prepare to leave.

"Thank you very much."
"Goodbye!"

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 04:13 PM
Ghost Warlock waves at them as they leave.

((Waits for Krod to finish his stuff. *sigh*))

Exachix
2006-10-02, 04:14 PM
Karsen nods to GW and leaves, Gezina follows him out as they head towards Inari's temple.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 04:21 PM
~Sillyphia says as they leave~

Goodbye! Come again at any time

((hey gw. Thought you'd gone somewhere))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 04:24 PM
((Nope, I probably should have gone to bed a while ago but sleep is overrated anyway. Besides, I'm starting to get kinda hungry...))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 04:28 PM
((D'ya know when Krod will be on?))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 04:38 PM
((Well, he's been working on his characters on-and-off for a while now. *It doesn't help that he keeps having to leave to do other things. *I've been trying to speed things along but I can only do so much. :-/ I think he's technically already signed in but hasn't posted to my knowledge. *I think, when he gets back this time, I'm going to have him get signed in and posting so we can at least get started. *He can finish his characters later.))

Ghost Warlock puts away his book in his extradimensional vest pocket.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 04:50 PM
((that's cool))

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 05:03 PM
Another puff of smoke announces the Dancing Man's return. Unfortunately, he seems to appear in a table, causing him to bounce out of it strangely. This oddity also causes him to leave nine of himself behind. They all look at each other, shrug, and pair up to play rock-paper-scissors.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 05:08 PM
~Pete looks up and says ~

Do any o' ye want a drink?

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 05:12 PM
Half of the men lose, look down, and vanish in puffs of smoke. The others pair up quickly, leaving one man behind. He shrugs and vanishes as well.

One pair begins an impromptu tap dancing contest, while the other pair seems to be flourishing and juggling scissors quite dangerously.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 05:17 PM
~ Pete waits for an answer ~

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 05:21 PM
One of the tap dancers concedes and vanishes when the other starts dancing on top of his cane.

In the meantime, the scissor wielders begin juggling the scissors in between them while spinning them around their fingers. It gets faster and faster until the scissors are merely blurs. Finally, one of the two catches all the scissors (ten pairs) and spins them at once, then hurls them at his opponent, who dodges and vanishes.

The two finalists crack their knuckles and turn to one another. Each eyes his opponent, waiting for something to happen.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 05:28 PM
~ The bar goes silent and watches the two fighting ~

ghost_warlock
2006-10-02, 05:30 PM
((Almost done! :D Except for equipment... :'())

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 05:30 PM
The first man begins spinning his cane ominously, while the second takes off his jacket (tossing it on an empty chair) and tugs off his hat (putting it next to the jacket).

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 05:36 PM
((are you having a dance off in my bar? Maybe I should have a dance floor put in......))

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 05:39 PM
((More of a dance duel))
The first man does a crazy spinning leap through the air, followed by a backflip as he touches down. He swings his cane towards the seconds legs.

Expecting his attack, the second man jumps onto the ceiling and does an elaborate tap dancing step that shakes the tavern, but somehow only affects his adversary. The first man falls towards the ground before collapsing into a ball and springing on top of a table.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 05:41 PM
((well at least you can't destroy my bar))

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 05:51 PM
((Thats not his style anyways))

The second man grins and jumps down towards the table, spinning like a top with his cane held out perpindicular to his body. The first man pulls a few cards out of his sleeve and flings them at his foe, but before they reach him they stop and stick in the air.

The second man crashes into the floating cards as if they were solid, supported metal chunks, and then falls towards the ceiling. Gravity twists, and then he falls back towards the ground again, landing on his feet without any harm. He swings his cane up onto his shoulder and beckons towards the first man.

As if he had been waiting, the first man throws his cane to the ground and skates on it to the second, who braces himself and tenses his arms.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 06:00 PM
((good good))

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 06:04 PM
The second man swiftly jabs his cane in the way of the skating man, who leaps into the air over the cane, pulls off his hat, and throws it at the second man. It hits, wraps around him, and it and the second man vanish. The first man picks up his cane, and the other man's hat. He shrugs and puts the extra jacket in his pocket.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 06:06 PM
~ Pete peers over the bar from where he was hidding.~

So do ye want a drink now?

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 06:09 PM
The man nods and puts a few gold pieces on the bartop.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 06:10 PM
~ Pete hands over the drink ~

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 06:12 PM
The Dancing Man takes the drink, smiles politely and sits at one of the tables.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-02, 06:31 PM
((going now. Am falling asleep at the keyboard. Bye!))

~ Sillyphia goes and has a long bath before heading off to bed ~

AmberVael
2006-10-02, 06:33 PM
((See ya))
The Dancing Man looks into his drink nods appreciatively and explodes into hundreds of gold coins. Unfortunately, the coins all vanish before people can pick them up.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 10:13 AM
~Sillyphia comes downstairs after a good nights sleep ~

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 10:15 AM
((Whereas I got about 3 hours... urgh! :'())

AmberVael
2006-10-03, 10:16 AM
((Whereas I got 6. Say, I don't have any avatar requests at the moment...))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-03, 10:20 AM
((Must resist custom avatar))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 10:22 AM
((Oooo! *Does that mean you're going to open a pet shop? *:o *Sorry, when I suffer from exhaustion I become terminally silly. *My brain feels like tapioca! *Wanna taste?))

Ghost Warlock waves good morning to Sillyphia.
Sleep well?

AmberVael
2006-10-03, 10:27 AM
((... for the benefit of your terminally unfocused brain, I was hinting that I could try making that avatar for you, if you wanted me to))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 10:32 AM
((I requested something. However, it's a big project so.......))

Yes thankyou. Have you seen Krod around today?

((that question can be oc as well. As for brains, yeah sure I'm up for brains.There is an ale in Britain called Brains...it's not very nice.))

((As for myself, i live so far from my uni i hang out in the bar between lectures. However, this does tend to end up with me getting horrendously drunk before 3pm. In a desparate attempt to stop drinking alcohol i drank tea today so am now extremely wired. garg!))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 10:36 AM
(( :) Yeah, I kind of figured but I couldn't resist the pet shop comment. :P Yeah, I'd really appreciate it if you could give it a shot. *I haven't really played much with InkScape/GIMP since the other day - been too busy with other things Town-related. *Also, I seem to be having trouble getting GIMP to do, ,well, anything. *I need to download something else to make it work but I've been too preoccuped to actually do so.))

AmberVael
2006-10-03, 10:38 AM
((Gimp is an evil program from the abyss. I'll take a shot at it, and if I feel lucky I'll try out the tavern/ship))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 10:39 AM
((heeehee GIMP))

Supagoof
2006-10-03, 10:40 AM
((Sorry to interupt, but I'm going to post this reminder on the forums on the first page. Be sure to vote for the new councilmember if you haven't done so already. Details here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1159284773;s tart=32).

Please send votes to both Exachix and me. Copy and paste the names in bold below into a PM with your choice for council.

Exachix, Supagoof

Voting ends Thursday 11:59 PM Forum time.

Thank you for your time, we now continue with you regular broadcast schedule.))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 10:41 AM
((I'm pretty sure Krod/Jeder/Gric is enjoying the sweet embrace of restful unconsciousness. >:( The last time I saw him he was unsuccessfully trying to install a network receiver on one of our various quasi-antique computers as I left for work.))

No, I haven't seen Jeder, but I hope I do so soon.
I received some troubling news during the night and I'm hoping I can put his talents, and his brother's, to good use.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 10:52 AM
Oh? And what problem is this?

((what i think i may do is go away and get over this overdose of tea because i am being a bit stupid. If you want to meet up again in a few hours - say 4/5 - i should be sane(ish) again. hopefully. how does that sound? Krod should be awake then right?))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 11:09 AM
I received a sending from the record keeper at the monastery I trained at to learn some of my psionic techniques, Master Archivus.
This is what it said:

Gawonii.
Monastery’s under siege.
Undead lead by vampire priest.
Managed to grab major relics.
Retreated to vault.
They know I’m here.
Come quickly, bring reinforcements.

I sent this as the reply:

How many attackers?
What are they after?
I know just the group, we'll be on our way soon.
Send word if situation changes.
Keep safe.

I'm hoping that Jeder and Gric will show soon so we can go and assist my former colleagues. *That is, if you wouldn't mind helping?
((Yeah, sounds like a plan. *I can take a nap! :D Then I'll see about Krod.))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 11:12 AM
Sure no problem.

((I'll finish deciding what weapons I'm gonna have. Did you give me rights to the character sheet on Sylnaes'?))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 11:14 AM
Thank you, I really appreciate your helpfulness.
((I certainly can. What username?))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 11:16 AM
((It's SillyBean. Thankyou ;D.))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 11:24 AM
((Okay, it's all yours! :D I have completely transferred ownership of the sheet to you, meaning it is no longer listed in my profile and I can no longer make changes. It is also no longer a public sheet (you'll need to make it public if you want it to be). If you want to re-establish my editing rights, for whatever reason, my profile name is ghostwarlock.))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 11:26 AM
((ok thanks again. I'm going offline now but will be online later (probably 8 my time)))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 11:27 AM
((Okay, see you then!))

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 11:34 AM
*A werefox that vaguely resembles Fenric walks in and sits at a table. He orders a drink and sips at it sourly.

After a while, another fox that looks exactly like Myobi except for her clothes and mannerisms walks in. She sees the first fox and walks over to him*

Fenric?

What? No. I am not Fenric... My name is Fendran, and that loser is my brother. Who are you?

My name was Myobi... it's a long story, but the short version is that I fell afoul of him and had to run for my life from his friends... especially that Kyrian

Then we have much in common. Thanks to his scheming, I ended up losing my job and being banished. Come, tell me all about it

*Fendran orders a drink for mMyobi, and they have a long chat*

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 11:35 AM
mKyrian enters and looks around, spotting mMyobi, he heads over.

So it seems I wasn't the only one to pass between worlds...

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 11:40 AM
*mMyobi's ears and whiskers tremble*

K... K... Kyrian! please... don't kill me!

*Fendran looks bemused at the newcomer, then turns to mMyobi with a sneer*

I can see why they didn't require long to discover you. His aura is not of this plane, and his greeting is heavy with implications

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 11:43 AM
Please, sister, if I'd wanted you dead, you would have been. No, I'm just here to make sure that the opening between our worlds stays there.

mKyrian pulls up a chair and sits.

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 11:45 AM
*mMyobi looks confused*

Someone is trying to repair the ways? But how?

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 11:46 AM
Thankfully, the damned fool has no clue what he's doing, but if word got to this world's Kyrian, he would likely rush in to help. So I came to make sure that didn't happen.

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 11:51 AM
*Fendran chuckles*

That one always was ready to rush in with blades drawn. So, what is your plan?

*mMyobi looks at Fendran with surprise. Fendran shakes his head at her*

Sit quietly and let people with something between their ears besides fluff discuss matters. You have already told me enough that I can easily guess the parts you have left out. Karai Tenjin is not as forgiving as your Inari was.

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 11:53 AM
Well, I've already banished Kyrian to the Phantom Zone, and no one's escaped from there, so he is out of our hands. As for a plan? I don't really know what move is next.

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 12:00 PM
*Fendran contemplates matters*

Before that awful phoenix woman showed up and sealed my fate with the lord, we were investigating the ways. From what I saw, there was no mechanism to even alter the paths themselves.

The only possibility would be for someone to attempt to afflict the endpoints of the permanent gates. I take it you are aware of someone making such an attempt?

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 12:03 PM
I am.

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 12:07 PM
*Fendran smiles*

The best thing to do is find out what he's trying to do. Sometimes it is easier to let such a fool succeed if you can take advantage of his inexperience. After all, there's no such thing as a weave that cannot be manipulated: even the magic of the gods can be twisted if you are cautious.

Fenric and Phoenix may have defeated my master; but in doing so, they released a legion of evil spell-weavers on the multiverse.

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 12:13 PM
mKyrian returns the smile, and pats mMyobi's hand.

Then let us show them, just how powerful we are.

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 12:17 PM
*mMyobi looks between the two with a confused look. Fendran chuckles*

That sounds like a most excellant idea

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 12:20 PM
Without warning, mKyrian kisses mMyobi full on the mouth. As he finishes, he gives a laugh.

Always wanted to try that at least once...now back on to business?

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 12:24 PM
*mMyobi splutters in shock and consternation. Fendran laughs out loud*

Of course... Kyrian wants to kill you, so this guy...

*mMyobi continues to gape in astonishment, Fendran turns from her with a smirk*

Ideally, we need him to finish one of his structures and use a shadowtracer on it. He would need to be distracted from completing others until our analysis was complete.

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 12:27 PM
mKyrian throws mMyobi a wink, before turning back towards the task at hand.

Sounds about good...any clue where this first structure is being placed?

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 12:35 PM
*Fendran gives mKyrian a look that plainly says "be serious"*

I've been in town for almost three hours now. I found this new tavern which didn't reek of my brother, so I came in for a drink. Since then: I have met an incarnated, rejected avatar of the enemy of my brother's goddess who was originally an avatar of the now-deceased mirror version of that rice goddess, and you.

If he's not working in Sneak's, Trog's, or Fenric's temple, he'll be in the mirror version of one those places. And since I rather doubt Fenric would allow him to do anything there, you can eliminate the temple on this side.

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 12:37 PM
mKyrian smiles and cracks his knuckles.

Now that...sounds like a plan.

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 12:38 PM
*Fendran takes a smoky grey crystal from his pocket and hands it to mKyrian*

This needs to be touched to a completed spell. We can then analyze the spell for exploitable weaknesses

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 12:42 PM
mKyrian takes the gem, and pockets it.

This should be fun....

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 12:45 PM
*Fendran grins*

My brother has never been here, and doesn't get out much anymore: so I'll lie low here with 'Myobi', for whom we will have to choose a new name.

*Fendran turns to Myobi and abruptly casts Polymorph Other on her, changing her features significantly*

Wouldn't want you being recognized too swiftly, now would we?

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 12:49 PM
((Good timing....going to be having class soon.))

mKyrian finds "Myobi's" lips with his a second time, smiling at her.

Don't miss me too much while I'm gone, eh love?

He turns and heads towards the door.

DarkHunter
2006-10-03, 12:57 PM
*mMyobi is reduced to spluttering again as Kyrian heads out. She watches him leave then rounds on Fendran*

That... that... human god.. thing... kissed me twice!

*Fendran chuckles*

What's so bad about that? There are worse things to happen - and you may yet get to experience them.

*mMyobi's ears fold down, and Fendran looks at her seriously*

For now, you will get used to being with me. If the god wants you later, that's between you two. But I remind you that "short leash" is an understatement for how closely you will be watched, and if you fail again I assure you that the little chip of a soul you stole will do you no good at all

*mMyobi nods timidly, and Fendran smiles*

Drink up, "dear", and remember your part well. I am not Fendran: I am Fenric's cousin Hideaki, and you are my wife, Sayuri

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 03:40 PM
((hey I'm back now))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 03:43 PM
((So am I, looking spiffy with my new Earin-atar! ;D))

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-03, 03:44 PM
A shadow looms over the building, and a loud buzzing noise is heard, followed by loud voices of a soldier yelling "Sir Yes Sir!" and an Admiral speaking. (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1159904262)

judge_krod
2006-10-03, 03:51 PM
((Here comes Krod to save the daaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Hehe, always wanted to do that.))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 03:52 PM
((GW-I am assuming it is you and not GW.))
((Hey Krod how is it going?))

~ Sillyphia looks up ~

What the hell was that?

judge_krod
2006-10-03, 03:54 PM
((Yes, tis me. GW and I are working on the final touches for my guys' equipment, then we should be good to go.))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 03:55 PM
How odd...And loud.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 03:58 PM
((argh! Quickly finishing my equipment list....too many magic items...so...little..time......))

~ Sillyphia looks concerned. The rest of the crew change their activities and begin to 'baten down the hatches' - the door is still usable tho. Sillyphia makes her way onto the deck to see what's going on ~

((hang-on quick question. If i alter one of my ability scores in the sylnae sheet, does it update the skills automatically?))

Fenric
2006-10-03, 04:02 PM
*The two foxes who have been quietly conversing in the corner look up at the sudden bustle of activity, but soon go back to talking*

AmberVael
2006-10-03, 04:04 PM
((hang-on quick question. If i alter one of my ability scores in the sylnae sheet, does it update the skills automatically?))

((Yes))
((*Returns to helpful lurker mode*))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 04:08 PM
((that.is.amazing. :'( - this is a cry of joy not sadness))

judge_krod
2006-10-03, 04:12 PM
((I know exactly how you feel...))

Jeder and Gric walk into the tavern, Shirik riding, unusually, on Gric's shoulder. The giant seems tickled that the bird is riding on him today.

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 04:27 PM
Ghost Warlock looks up as Jeder and Gric enter the room.
Ah, just the adventurous types I was hoping to see!

judge_krod
2006-10-03, 04:33 PM
Gric grins as he sees GW, bounding over to him, which shakes the building a bit. Shirik, alarmed by the sudden movement, flies up to the deck of the ship and watches from above.
Mr. Ghostie! What's ya up ta!?
Jeder follows his brother more slowly, nodding to GW.
Allo. Whut can we do fer ya?

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 04:45 PM
I have some unfortunte news.
A few hours ago I received a sending from a friend and former intructor of mine. It seems that the monastery at which I trained has been besieged by undead. My friend, rather urgently, requested that I bring reenforcements help fend off the attack.
I asked him to contact me again but he has not done so. Admittedly, this could mean a number of things but I fear the worst.
Would you and your brother be willing to come with Sillyphia and I to help defend the monastery?

Fenric
2006-10-03, 04:46 PM
(( Was all that "out loud", or private? Your tavern's not empty today... :) ))

judge_krod
2006-10-03, 04:48 PM
Jeder's brow furrows in a questioning manner, but before he can say a word, his brother speaks up.
A'course we'll help ya, Ghostie. Ya made me me 'gain, an I do love bein' me!
Jeder sighs a bit, but nods to GW, his hand dropping down to the hilt of his bastard sword.

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 04:49 PM
((Mostly to Sillyphia, Jeder, and Gric. *But GW's kind of frazzled and worried so he's not being particularly secretive.))

I suggest we leave immediately, then.
Who know what could have transpired since I last heard news...

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 04:59 PM
~ Sillyphia comes downstairs ~

Oh hello Krod and Gric. How are you guys today?

((I've done the character equipment except little bits that are compulsary for adventuring. Do I REALLY have to write them in?))

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 05:02 PM
((I think I just put something like "miscellaneous adventuring gear." *;) *Probably should note anything really out-of-the ordinary or expensive, though.))

judge_krod
2006-10-03, 05:07 PM
Jeder and Gric turn to Sillyphia. Gric grins widely.
Is'a good day fer crushin'!
Jeder chuckles, but it is rather humorless.
Seems as if we got some bisnis ta take care of. Ya with us?

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 05:12 PM
Sure let me get my stuff

~She signals to Pete to arrange forsupplies to be brought into the bar and vanishes. She appears some time later with a backpack full of stuff and a sword at her side.

Pete has meanwhile put some rations and drinks (in appropriate containers) on one of the tables for the rest to help themselves too.

When Sillyphia returns she begins to fill her pack with what is left on the table ~

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 05:15 PM
((Oooo! Free food! Too bad GW can't eat... :-/))

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 05:18 PM
((i put my D&D version of me on my character post. It is however, only for reference purposes because I prefer my GURPS character WAY more. I suppose the equipment will be the same for both))

~Pete also brings food and drink to eat before setting off (there is a larger protion for Gric.). Sillyphia settles down to eat~

So we nearly ready to go then? Where are we going exactly Ghost?

judge_krod
2006-10-03, 05:19 PM
Jeder begins placing rations in his pack. Gric, on the other hand, turns to Pete.
'Eya, how 'bout a good luck drink, ol' boy?

((Ack, already done!!)

As Jeder packs his and Gric's packs with rations, Gric shovels down food and slams a pitcher of ale.

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 05:25 PM
I am ready whenever the three of you are. *
We're going to the Monastery of the Great Light. *It's located in a moutain range far away from here. *I trained there serveral years ago but I have maintained contact and have returned to visit on a few occasions.
I'm afraid that it would take far too long to make the jouney on foot, though, so I will need to incarnate so that I can transport us there.

judge_krod
2006-10-03, 05:28 PM
Jeder finishes packing his and Gric's packs with rations and grabs a quick bite to eat. Soon enough, he and Gric stands ready, Gric's jolly nature gone to the combat brute within him.
We're ready as we'll ever be.

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 05:39 PM
Once everyone is ready, Ghost Warlock concentrates for a few seconds and becomes corporeal.
I can only remain corporeal for a minute.
We'll need to link hands in order for me to transport us.
If you want him to come with us, Jeder, your hawk can also make the trip by perching on your shoulder.He holds out his hands for them to take.

Fenric
2006-10-03, 05:41 PM
*The foxes watch with their natural curiousity*

Wonder what they're up to?
Does it really matter?
I guess not.
Good choice.

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 05:41 PM
((so sorry - was ranting on another thread *:-/ :-X))

~ Sillyphia picks up all her gear and takes his hands ~

Watch the bar whilst I'm away Pete

~ Pete nods ~

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 05:45 PM
mKyrian enters and takes a seat next to mMyobi.

judge_krod
2006-10-03, 05:49 PM
Jeder whistles for Shirik, who lands on his shoulder. He then takes GW's hand. Gric, ever ready, draws his Huge greatsword and engulfs his brother's hand in his massive on.
Let's go.

Fenric
2006-10-03, 05:49 PM
*Fendran looks at mMyobi with a smirk*

Why look, Sayuri my dear, our good friend Kyrian is here to visit us again.

Of course! *How could he avoid visiting his good friend Hideaki

*Fendran rolls his eyes*

Thank the gods of darkness this place is empty. *You know what - plan B: *if anyone comes to talk to us, you just keep quiet.

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 05:51 PM
mKryian just laughs.

Inari's seems pretty packed about now...else I'd be in there having some fun.

Fenric
2006-10-03, 05:55 PM
*mMyobi looks surprised*

But... but... you just said her name! *That's bad!

*Fendran looks at her in disbelief*

How did you live so long? *One god can say another god's name without attracting attention. *You can't say it, I can't say it, but he certainly can.

*Fendran looks at Kyrian*

Oh? *What sort of fun would you have in my brother's stuffy temple?

ghost_warlock
2006-10-03, 05:55 PM
You may feel a slight sensation of teleportation.Ghost Warlock concentrates for a moment and then his eyes glow violent and a rainbow-colored burst flashes out away from him, encompassing the group.

When the flash fades, they are gone.

((Here we go! (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1159912535;s tart=0#0)))

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 05:58 PM
Besides showing this one the alter? He smirks and points to mMyobi.

Let's see...there's lots of stuff to destroy in there, a bunch of priests and priestesses. I'd think of something...

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 05:59 PM
~ Pete looks a bit taken aback by the group disappearing but soon gets round to clearing the tables ~

Fenric
2006-10-03, 06:00 PM
(( Evening stuff -- be back later, I hope: otherwise, tomorrow ))

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-03, 06:43 PM
Squad four of the SKYE Armada enter, searching through all of the books and desks. Two guards stand at the entrance.

"Keep looking. We might find Daedrous in here."

Silly_Bean
2006-10-03, 06:49 PM
~ Pete looks up from the bar and says ~

Ahoy! What do ye think ye be doin'?

Fenric
2006-10-03, 06:57 PM
*After a horribly delayed reaction, mMyobi looks considerably offended at mKyrian's suggestion, although she only splutters. Fendran looks bemused. They both watch the troopers search the tavern*

Never a dull moment...

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 06:58 PM
mKyrian smiles at mMyobi.

Well, apparently you wouldn't mind too much....

Murky_Pool
2006-10-03, 07:01 PM
((Exactly what are you considering sacrificing on the altar Kyrian, not borrowing my ideas I hope ;D ))

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-03, 07:01 PM
The trooper looks up. "I'm sorry, but we're examining the area in order to find Daedrous and his outcasts. Please comply or we will take offensive action."

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 07:03 PM
((Exactly what are you considering sacrificing on the altar Kyrian, not borrowing my ideas I hope ;D ))

((Possibly...I'll never tell.. ;D))

Fenric
2006-10-03, 07:10 PM
*Fendran chuckles*

You hear that, Kryian? They'll take offensive action. I find that offensive

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 07:11 PM
mKyrian looks up from staring at mMyobi.

What? Oh...those fools, yea..they were saying something about everyone being quarantined inside the town...bunch of IDIOTS if you ask me.

He yells when he says idiots.

Reeksofdung
2006-10-03, 07:12 PM
Reeksofdung and kompany approach from the streets, noting the strange flying ship.

What`s that noisy thin'? I hope they's nay here t' take away all th' tasty garbage!

They enter the Shanty, karrying the smell of rotten eggs with them, and look around.

Ahoy, Pete, who be all o' these soldier boys? *They's nay here fer th' garbage, be they?

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-03, 07:14 PM
The two guards grab their rifles and set it to kill. "Back away, citizen. We ask you to comply." He says to MKyrian. "We may actually have to start the quarantine if you continue."

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 07:16 PM
Comply this.

mKyrian gives the troopers the finger.

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-03, 07:17 PM
The trooper fires his rifle upon Mirror Kyrian. Six energy blasts come from it, heading for his eye and face.

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 07:18 PM
mKyrian laughs as he absorbs all six shots.

Again...you prove me point, of just how stupid you are.

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-03, 07:21 PM
"Oh (@$#!"

He takes out a transmission device. "Que the quarantine.

[I hate how all of your characters are gods/super powerful...]

Reeksofdung
2006-10-03, 07:21 PM
Eek! Protekt th' garbage! *An' Pete, too, while ye`re at 't!

On command, Kassandra and the Stentkh rush to the bakk of the bar, placing themselves to prevent attacks on the back room or the bar man. The air suddenly begins to smell strongly of raw sewage (in addition to rotten eggs).

Reeksofdung stands imposingly near the door, not preventing anyone from leaving, but attempting to blokk entry.

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 07:22 PM
mKyrian turns his attention back to the werefoxes, and takes mMyobi's hand.

Sorry for that...now where were we?

Fenric
2006-10-03, 07:23 PM
*Fendran spits on the floor*

Citizen? Not shocking likely!

*mMyobi hides under the table with a yip*

You have got to be kidding me... Sayuri, why are you hiding under the table?

They'll shoot me!

I'd imagine they could shoot you under the table, too.

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-03, 07:24 PM
"Also, kill Considered Caution 13."

The soldiers take a few paperwork from the table, something recording who has entered here in the last three days, and leave.

Fenric
2006-10-03, 07:26 PM
*Fendran smirks at Kyrian*

You're only 13th on the list? How sad.

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 07:28 PM
mKyrian laughs.

Hell, I'll off the first twelve if it means more fun for me later. Hey love...while you're down there....

Reeksofdung
2006-10-03, 07:30 PM
Reeksofdung watkhs the soldiers leave and then approakhes the bar. *

I`ve kome fer yer garbage.

Then, he looks closer at the terrified barman and the man's soiled pants.

Oh, look, ye`ve been prayin' t' me again! How konsiderate o' ye!

The danger apparently passed, the air begins to smell less like raw sewage, although the smell of rotten eggs remains.

Fenric
2006-10-03, 07:32 PM
*mMyobi squawks and shoots up from under the table, opposite mKyrian, and sits there fuming. Fendran laughs again.*

I haven't had this much fun since I set that village mob after Fenric.

*mMyobi glares at Fendran*

I thought you were going to take care of me?

*Fendran laughs even harder*

I said I'd keep an eye on you. If I have to "take care" of you, you won't like it very much... for a few minutes anyway. I was never good at keeping victims alive very long.

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 07:33 PM
mKyrian leans onto the table.

I'll be glad to take care of you..

Reeksofdung
2006-10-03, 07:37 PM
Reeksofdung pays Pete 10 gp for the day's garbage and then heads outside with his followers to enjoy the feast.

Pete leaves briefly to go put on a fresh pair of underpants and trousers.

Fenric
2006-10-03, 07:40 PM
*mMyobi glares at Fendran, then pulls a sour face at mKyrian, then sits in her chair and pouts.*

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 07:41 PM
mKyrian puts on a sad face.

What's wrong....afraid to admit the truth?

Fenric
2006-10-03, 07:48 PM
*mMyobi scowls*

The truth? It's not like you came courting me when I was still a hellhound and a facet of the goddess! Now that I've got... my own soul...

*mMyobi glares again*

It's mine!

*Fendran laughs again*

Somebody has delusions of innocence.

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 07:49 PM
It's not that I didn't want to love...I just was busy destroying other towns and such.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-03, 08:00 PM
The red thing lands outside and walks in, turning slightly to avoid catching it's wings on the doorframe.

It walks over to Pete at the bar
"Everything alright?" it asks

"Actually we had some guys with energy wands come in, but Kyrian there sent them away"

The red thing looks over and does a double take. Two strokes of luck in one night. "Thanks Pete" it says and walks over to the table.

Fenric
2006-10-03, 08:02 PM
*mMyobi scowls some more, and Fendran shakes his head at mMyobi*

This is the part where you demand some outrageous gift in order for him to prove his love. *You get a gift out of it, and somehow I would imagine that Kyrian is better than Fenric was

*Fendran winks at Kyrian. *mMyobi gasps and just barely restrains herself from slapping Fendran clean out of his chair*

Why did you stop? *It was refreshing to see that you might actually have something resembling a backbone after all. *Looks like I was mistaken: you really are a spineless wimp.

*Fendran looks over and sees the Red Thing and goes abruptly silent. mMyobi also sits perfectly still*

Murky_Pool
2006-10-03, 08:09 PM
"Good Evening" the red thing says to the lady and her companion fox "Good evening to you as well Kyrian, I couldn't borrow you for a moment could I please? *Police matter it shouldn't take long"

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 08:10 PM
((Unfort. I'm heading out for about an hour...sorry))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-03, 08:13 PM
((Hells Teeth, I'll catch you another time))

The red thing looks at Kyrian's expression, then at Myobi and Fendran ((I assume Fendran doesn't look like anyone the red thing would recognise)) and shrugs, quite impressively

Fenric
2006-10-03, 08:17 PM
(( Actually, mMyobi's been "Polymorph Other"-ed, too. Fendran bears a family resembelence to Fenric, but he hasn't been in Town for a long time. ))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-03, 08:20 PM
((Blast, so she doesn't look like Myobi anymore? Oh well, I'll edit my greeting post then. *sorry for killing your conversation))

The red thing shows all three people some large pointy teeth and walks towards the door. It has to turn again to get out

((This wasn't the stroke of luck I'd thought it was. Night all))

Fenric
2006-10-03, 08:24 PM
(( Heh, actually, it would be fun to be interfered with.

Fendran is an assassin and all around nasty guy. Mirror-Kyrian is being simply awful, and mirror-Myobi was trying to get away from this sort of thing. She's not in a happy place right now. ))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-03, 08:28 PM
((An assassin and Kyrian with no brakes. Lovely, I think we need an army more than a police force. mMyobi isn't really having a good existence then, I hope things get better for her, remember the station door is always open for a Grass

Must stop checking threads))

Fen3
2006-10-03, 08:51 PM
*The wraith drifts into the tavern and looks around, hoping for a less unsettling place than Trog's or the Milk Bar. Instead, it sees...*

FENDRAN! You miserable, worthless traitor!

*Fendran looks at the wraith in puzzlement and anger*

Who and what exactly are you?

*The wraith glows brightly and tendrils begin to extend toward Fendran*

What's the matter, traitor? Don't recognize your own sister?

*Fendran's eyes go wide with horror*

Yectas? !

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 09:17 PM
mKyrian looks to the wraith.

Fenric
2006-10-03, 09:19 PM
(( poor Kyrian ))

*Fendran casts a spell and disappears. mMyobi shifts into a fox and runs for the door with all her might, disappearing into the night.*

(( Sorry, a three-year-old wants story time ))

Fen3
2006-10-03, 09:19 PM
*The wraith snarls and drifts out of the tavern, right through the wall and out into the night*

(( goodnight ))

Kyrian
2006-10-03, 09:20 PM
mKyrian smirks, makes a list of things he could possibly get mMyobi, and leaves.

Fenric
2006-10-04, 10:40 AM
*Fendran pokes his head in, then comes in and sits back down*

It is getting to be a freaking family reunion in this town. *I wonder what in the nine hells managed to make Yectas show up here, though...
[hr]
*Fendran watches mKyrian and mMyobi chattering away through the shadowtracer*

How precious. *Shoot me in the head and dump me in the temple, hmm? *I haven't avoided Fenric this long by being trusting, you two...
[hr]*Fendran curses under his breath when mKyrian shatters the gem*

Good choice, my dear, but considerably too late. Clear your names, is it? Too bad for you two that I've made a lifetime's study of muddying names!

Fen3
2006-10-04, 02:18 PM
*The wraith glides in silently, although the mingled blue and green glow rather gives it away.

Tendrils of absolute darkness reach out to Fendran and take hold before he can yip.*

NOW I HAVE YOU, TRAITOR

Fenric
2006-10-04, 02:22 PM
*Fendran twitches and makes choking sounds. Soon he fades from color to black and white, but the tendrils continue to drain him*

Fen3
2006-10-04, 02:23 PM
*The wraith chuckles and gloats*

The fun of being a shadow wraith is that I can drain you until you are a shadow, and then drain you still until you are nothing. Goodbye, Fendran

Fenric
2006-10-04, 02:24 PM
(( A moment of silence for Fendran. :O ))

*Fendran's black and white form fades from existance as well, leaving nothing*

Fen3
2006-10-04, 02:24 PM
*The wraith withdraws its tendrils, and drifts out through the wall.*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-04, 02:54 PM
(*moment of silence* I didn't see that coming.)

Fenric
2006-10-04, 02:55 PM
(( That's what happens when you don't have a plan. *Oh well... *There are plenty more evil folks where he came from ;)

Besides, the Wraith hadn't done anything sinister lately ))

[hr]

*mMyobi comes back in and looks around. *At first she sees no sign of Fendran, but upon going over to the table he had been at, she finds a shadowy mirror.*

So it wasn't really about the spell at all... he was spying on Kyrian. * Good riddance to him, then.

*mMyobi sits down and waits for mKyrian*

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 03:18 PM
((Oops...didn't see that you were the last one to post...hehe))

mKyrian enters, and takes a seat near mMyobi. He has a big smile on his face.

Want anything?

Fenric
2006-10-04, 03:26 PM
*mMyobi smiles*

A rum and cola... And I found this

*mMyobi hands mKyrian the shadowy mirror*

I have a feeling that shocker was spying on us up until we broke that gem. If you would be so kind as to dispose of this thing, too...

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 03:28 PM
mKyrian nods, crushing the mirror before he gets mMyobi's drinks. He grabs a rum for himself, lays coins on the bar, and returns to his table.

Here you go.

He smiles as he hands her drinks over.

Fenric
2006-10-04, 03:32 PM
*mMyobi smiles and sips at her drink*

Now... how to deal with the rest of the details? Seeing as we'd rather keep ourselves un-perforated, we need to come up with something.

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 03:33 PM
I don't know what we should do...I just know that it doesn't involve hiding here for the rest of our lives....

Fenric
2006-10-04, 03:42 PM
*mMyobi slides her chair around to be next to mKyrian, as a shadow appears at the door, pausing at the sound of her voice*

We're not going to hide forever. *We just need to keep a low profile until we can convince them that we aren't a threat. Unfortunately, we've both done some things lately that make it a bit tougher of a sale.

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 03:43 PM
Sounds good to me....I guess all I can do now is hope Kyrian manages to be the only person to escape the Phantom Zone...

Fenric
2006-10-04, 03:47 PM
That explains several things, I suppose.

*mMyobi's ears perk up, then fold down at the sound of that voice. Fenric finishes walking into the room*

I saw you two going down the street and was coming to try to convince Kyrian to not kill you, Myobi.

*Fenric takes a seat*

But it sounds like that isn't really an issue here, is it?

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 03:48 PM
Kyrian looks worried, then glares at Fenric.

I won't let you hurt her...

Fenric
2006-10-04, 03:57 PM
*Fenric smiles*

As I said, I was coming to ensure that Kyrian did not hurt her. I am not here to exact vengence on an unfortunate pawn of greater powers.

Myobi did what she had to do, and has shared things with me that I had not meant to be shared... therefore I am unwilling to see her harmed.

*Fenric looks at mMyobi, and she looks torn*

Myobi, if you truly have found love with this Kyrian then do not pass it by on any false hope.

*mMyobi nods with a small sniffle, and Fenric turns to mKyrian*

If you want to begin to redeem yourself in Kyrian's eyes, help me recover my Myobi.

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 03:59 PM
mKyrian thinks for a moment, and looks at mMyobi.

Is that ok with you?

Fenric
2006-10-04, 04:02 PM
*mMyobi gives one last sad look to Fenric, then takes mKyrian's hand*

I will choose hope rather than foolishness

*Fenric nods and smiles gently*

Thank you.

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 04:03 PM
mKyrian smiles, hoping that what he thinks just happened did, and turns back to Fenric.

I'll help.

he gives mMyobi's hand a small squeeze and smiles at her.

((And I have to run out to class...skipped 2 already today...back in a lil over an hour))

Fenric
2006-10-04, 04:05 PM
(( No problem. I have a meeting to leave to in a hour, so we're looking at after dinner. I'm sticking up the teaser now, though... ))

*Fenric nods*

And thank you.

*mMyobi snuggles up to mKyrian, and Fenric grins*

Like the others who choose to stay on this side, I'd recommend picking new names.

Deadly
2006-10-04, 04:14 PM
((But... damn, I was planning to get my plot finished today (finally)... it's the only day I really have time to do it :())

Fenric
2006-10-04, 04:18 PM
(( I still lurk... how long do you think we need? ))

Deadly
2006-10-04, 04:19 PM
((I don't know... It seems every time I try to estimate how long a plot takes, it ends up taking far longer.))

Fenric
2006-10-04, 04:21 PM
(( Well... *argh. * I don't really want you to have to cheese up your ending, either... *

You need to get onto AIM or MSN, by the way... this sort of conversation goes easier in real time ))

Deadly
2006-10-04, 04:25 PM
((And I don't want you to push your own plots in the background... I just had hoped to finish it by now.

Hmm... the only IM I've ever used is ICQ... a long time ago. I could reinstall it, but do you have it too?))

Exachix
2006-10-04, 04:25 PM
((Hmm. I sorta have to go to bed soon. Therefore I may not be around for it unless I cheat.

And MSN is easy to get and use. I think.))

Fenric
2006-10-04, 04:27 PM
(( This was just side-stuff... *The thread can sit for now and mKyrian can help with mArslan first. *How much longer can you stick around, Ilias? *I've no hope of being back in time for Exachix... sorry :(

Never used ICQ :-/ ))