PDA

View Full Version : Multiclassed Arcane channeling

Matamane
2010-11-18, 06:39 PM
Would a multiclass duskblade wizard be able to channel his wizard spells?

Tvtyrant
2010-11-19, 02:05 AM
No, they have different spell lists so I don't think so. Otherwise people would take a few levels of Duskblade and go Wizard the rest for the power.

Boci
2010-11-19, 02:19 AM
Yes you can, but you won't be able to wear armour and ignore the ASF from another class's spells. As for above, it costs 3 levels, and isn't very powerful (You gain weapon damage to touch spell in return for hitting regular AC). Gestalt on the other hand...

HunterOfJello
2010-11-19, 02:27 AM
For a gestalt build this is viable, for wizard/duskblade, not so much. Duskblade has full BAB where wizard only has 1/2 BAB making your attacks unlikely to hit. Your d4 hit points also won't make you an ideal candidate for front line fighting.

fireinakasha
2010-11-19, 02:29 AM
Well, since most of the other duskblade abilities go out of their way to say that they can only be used with duskblade spells, but arcane channeling doesn't say that, I think you have a pretty good case.

But as has been mentioned, arcane spell failure could be a problem. Or you could be a battle sorcerer, or splash a level of spellthief and grab master spellthief, or a level of fighter and use the armored mage ACF from complete mage.... add in practiced spellcaster and I'm willing to bet it would have potential.