PDA

View Full Version : The Countryside II



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-14, 02:04 AM
Outisde the busy bustle of the Town, in the idyllic fields that feed the chaotic mess, farmers busily go about their lives.

Generally oblivious to the struggles of gods and greater mortals, they peacefully earn their living from the fertile soil and gentle climate.
[hr]
Well, the Dancing Man came into Trog's one day and threw this cloth over me, pulled it off, and then there were three of me. I'm not sure how he did it. He's very mysterious, the Dancing Man.

AmberVael
2006-10-14, 02:07 AM
And these three are each aspects of you as a whole? Verdandi grapples with the little information she has.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-14, 02:10 AM
Yes. There is the Light, me, the Dark, who is sadistic and cruel, and the Grey, who is - or was - everything else.

AmberVael
2006-10-14, 02:14 AM
So what were you like when you were one person?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-14, 02:19 AM
Very much the same as I, the Light, am, actually. My dark side tended to come to the surface only when I allowed it to, and the Grey, my other... splinter... tended to agree with the Light on most things. He still does, actually.

AmberVael
2006-10-14, 02:23 AM
Oh, ok. Verdandi manages to say before she is seized by a yawn. She closes her eyes and continues to rest on Iames's shoulder.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-14, 02:30 AM
Iames looks down at Verdandi. Are you asleep, Vera? he asks quietly, so he won't wake her up if she is.

AmberVael
2006-10-14, 02:30 AM
She shakes her head a little and cuddles up next to him.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-14, 02:32 AM
Iames holds her close and kisses the top of her head.

AmberVael
2006-10-14, 02:36 AM
Verdandi smiles peacefully and puts an arm across his chest.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-14, 02:43 AM
Iames smiles, then yawns himself. I think it's time for bed for both of us. Iames's eyes glow violet, and he teleports them away.

Deadly
2006-10-14, 09:53 AM
A white wolf exits the Town and runs across the countryside with incredible speed. It lets out a long howl, then leaps into the air and disappears in a flash of lightning.

Hoseki
2006-10-14, 10:01 AM
With a flash of light, a purple many-tentacled creature with no obvious mouth of eyes appears. It spins around frantically for a few seconds, then sighs somehow. Not here again. it thinks mournfully to itself. Hoseki never taught me how to grow a time travel device. The creature sighs again, and changes into a pretty Asian girl. She holds out her hand, and a blue bicycle appears in it. She mounts the bike and pedals off toward Town.

Deadly
2006-10-14, 10:13 AM
There's a flash of lightning and the wolf appears in a large cloud of golden sand. It runs back towards Town, the sand slowly falling to the ground.

Pinky and Brain
2006-10-14, 02:55 PM
Two small mice lead a group of gnomish constuction workers into a small unused field. %, 6, 7, 8,9, Right here! The towers center must be right here to get the correct frequency. Begin work imediatly! The gnomes get to work constructin the tower. Come pinky, we must return to the town and begin work on the final phase! The two mice return to town, leaving the gnomes to finish construction.

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 10:06 PM
Verdandi returns to the small pond and tree, and leans against the tree, stretching her wings and letting the tears flow from her as she searches her turmoil of emotions.
Why can things not be simple like before? She asks the sky, sobbing.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-17, 10:19 PM
A slightly see-through version of Iames appears next to Vera. (think spirit Obi-wan from Star Wars) Because that's the way things work, Vera. I must confess, I was observing your conversation with the Captain, and his advice is sound. We should wait before we get married. I'm still coming back tomorrow, but I think we should wait a while between my return and the wedding. It will give us - all three of us - time to adjust to the situation.

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 10:21 PM
Vera wraps her arms around herself, and her wings fold in slightly. She appears small and lost, not to mention a little afraid.
I was not expecting an answer.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-17, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry. Would you like me to go away?

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 10:37 PM
Verdandi considers for a long time, staying in her huddled position. She stares at the lake, and then looks back to Iames.
No. She replies shyly.
((I had a phone call. :P))

Pinky and Brain
2006-10-17, 10:44 PM
The ground near the tower begins to shake. A machine that looks like a zamboni with a drill attatched to the front erupts from the ground. The contraption is driven by Brain, while Pinky sits in back. The machine comes to a stop and the two mice dissembark. Holding a rolled up iece of paper, Brain walks to the base of the tower followed closely by Pinky. They ride a lift to the top of the struture. Once at the top, Brain begins to flip switches and turn knobs. The whole tower begins to vibrate rapidly. Trooooooz! This feels like the bed at that hotel Brain! Quiet Pinky! If these abjustments are even off by a little, the supersonic wave will double back and destroy this tower instead of stunning everyone in the town! Brain continues to work the equipment. This has to work the first time! Even the design of the tunnel system is precise to within an inch! Even the slightest discrepancy would be disasterous! Ummm, Brian.... about those plans... Not now Pinky! But Brain! Not Now Pinky!!! Ok, then can I at least have my picture back? I said, Not- what picture? The one I drew that you took before we went under ground. Brain stops and blinks a few times. He slowy unrolls the piece of paper. On the paper is the badly drawn picture of a swan. Brain slowly lowers the paper. Pinky. Yes Brain. I hate you. The tower stops shaking as it hits the critical frequency. An invisible supersonic blast issues from the tower and races into the tunnle.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-17, 10:47 PM
The vision of Iames moves next to her and sits down. I'm afraid that since this projection is immaterial, I can't offer you any physical comforting. But I want to. Iames sighs. I'm sorry this is all so shocked up. Aerin is still unhappy about it all, but she's agreed to come back here with me tomorrow and meet you. And I got you a really good present. He smiles, then sighs again. As I said before, Aerin is likely to be a little hostile when she meets you tomorrow. Try not to let it get to you; think how she feels about this situation.

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 10:53 PM
Verdandi looks at Iames uncertainly, and looks at him wishing that he was there. Her wings open a little more, but her arms do not relax. I do not blame her at all. This just is so unexpected, and very hard, I am sure. Verdandi sighs and looks out over the pond, then at her feet. How angry is she?

Pinky and Brain
2006-10-17, 10:57 PM
Brain and Pinky rush for the lift but before they reach it the ground begins shaking violently. A massive cloud of dust shoots from the tunnel as the supersonic blast exits the tunnel and heads straight for the tower. Drat. The tower explodes in a violent windstorm of shattering wood and shredded steel. The debris flies into the air and rains down all over the countryside. Two small white spots can be seen hurtling across the countyside and landing in the far off distance.

CabbageTheif
2006-10-17, 11:03 PM
the kender finds the collapsed tower, the zambini, and the gaping tunnel. *after rolling a knowledge (deduction) check, the kender comes to a conclusion

THE BUILDING_VEHICLE WAR IS UPON US!. *as everyone knows, people ussually spent time in buildings. *the buildings loved the attention, but after cars were invented,, buildings received less and elss attention as the cars received more and more. *then the buildings had it. *garages started to digest the cars that they were fed every night before the humans went to bed, and cars started to 'hydroplane', or so the humans would call it, right into buildings! *there has been a tenative peace after the treaty of ford, but there is clearly a new uprising. and the cars have won this round.

i must tell the world!!!

v((noted. doesnt change the end result, but noted))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-17, 11:05 PM
It was worse last night. This morning the school was attacked by some demons, so she got to take out a lot of her anger on them. The thing about Aerin is that she's very fiery. In more than one way. But however hot her temper flares, she can't keep it up for long. Actually, I think she's more angry at me than she is at you.

Pinky and Brain
2006-10-17, 11:07 PM
((Actually, the tunnle is still intact.))

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 11:12 PM
Verdandi is uncertain of how to respond, and so she goes with what she can understand.
Demons attacked the school? What happened?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-17, 11:18 PM
*Atreyu, carrying Kenyon and Hawkeye, runs after hopefully the kender's path and some small signs of a tremor running through the area. They appear on the scene of the hole. Atreyu looks quite worn out. and panting heavily.*

Jacklu
2006-10-17, 11:19 PM
Rouk emerges from the tunnel and looks around. Llama? where are we?

Hawkeye
2006-10-17, 11:20 PM
Hawkeye hops off Atreyu's back. "You ok there Atreyu? You look a bit tired." he begins examining the hole

Kenyon
2006-10-17, 11:21 PM
Kenyon hops off Atreyu, and inspects the hole.

"Well, this is interestin'."

Jacklu
2006-10-17, 11:22 PM
It runs clear to Trog's and branched off hundreds of times. I bet it reaches every edge of the Town... I wonder who dug it?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-17, 11:23 PM
They came out of the gate, they attacked, we killed them. Iames shrugs. The only difficult thing was preventing damage to the buildings. Anyway, the important thing is that Aerin got to work off some steam. ((Sorry I took so long))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-17, 11:24 PM
*trying to not appear exhausted* "yeah pant...I'm fine. pant Just a little pant ummm....pant...I'm okay."

*He looks around*

Hawkeye
2006-10-17, 11:25 PM
It runs clear to Trog's and branched off hundreds of times. I bet it reaches every edge of the Town... I wonder who dug it?

((ok, repost from my one in trogs in case you missed it
((The tavern is indestructible you can't pick off the floorboards))))

CabbageTheif
2006-10-17, 11:26 PM
the kender, seeing so many people here, calmly explains the terrible building-on-car plight the town has found itself in.

....and there was one time that the houses wanted to become mobile, so they experimented with building genes and created RVs! *hey...... whats the tunnel for?

((one could roleplay that the tunnel made a possible crack? i mean, calling a building indestructable is kinda godmodding anyways, isnt it?))

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 11:28 PM
Verdandi looks a bit disappointed at the lack of description and interest. Oh. Well I hope that makes things easier for you and her then. Her tone of voice shows that she feels the conversation awkward, but she persists nonetheless.

Kenyon
2006-10-17, 11:29 PM
Kenyon pokes his head into the hole, and marvels at the size of the tunnel.

"Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't think of a critter that makes tunnels THIS large in this neck of the woods."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-17, 11:29 PM
*still panting * "hiya Rouk. I don't know. We just felt this tremor and followed it to here."

*he lays down, exhausted.* "Should we follow it to try to find its source?"

Jacklu
2006-10-17, 11:30 PM
((@ Hawkolas yeah I saw. I was hoping no one would notice and I'd get away with it as long as I made a point to put them back afterwards. It was kind of like plane shifting.... or something.... ok, maybe not......))

The only place I saw it surface was in the middle of the streets near that Acme place and here.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-17, 11:32 PM
*Atreyu nods with worry at Kenyon's comment*

CabbageTheif
2006-10-17, 11:32 PM
the kender succeeds on a search check and discovered the real plans.

hey! i found what looks like a picture of a swan overlapping a map of the town! what does it mean!?

Jacklu
2006-10-17, 11:35 PM
Rouk looks at the piece of paper. I don't know, but it looks like this part that says Narf runs under Inari's temple.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-17, 11:38 PM
"that weird lab place? I've never been there. Should we check it out? Wait? Narf the kingdom? No. They've disbanded. It's gotta mean something else."

Kenyon
2006-10-17, 11:38 PM
Kenyon inspects the paper.

"...what's a 'troz'?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-17, 11:39 PM
Iames realizes that he's erred. I'm sorry. Can I try that again?

Jacklu
2006-10-17, 11:41 PM
Hold on! Rouk holds the paper up to a polished piece of metal. Its Zort backwards!
((Verdandi, I hope we aren't ruining a special moment or anything....))

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 11:42 PM
Verdandi smiles at him. Its okay Iames. I really do not need to know. She relaxes and leans against the tree.
((^: Just a little. :P))

CabbageTheif
2006-10-17, 11:45 PM
the kender hums a little ditty. anyone with ranks in knowledge (warner brothers) would recognize it as the P&B theme.

the kender, for the record, does not have ranks and cannot recall where it heard the song

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-17, 11:51 PM
*Atreyu finally feels rested enough to get up and stick his head down the hole looking for anything else.*

"What should we do? Check the labs?"

Jacklu
2006-10-17, 11:53 PM
Rouk observes the map carefully. I wonder if we could use this to start a business?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-17, 11:53 PM
Iames looks slightly relieved and smiles. Are you feeling better? I really wish I could be there with you. Hang on... After a pause, Iames appears in the flesh, grinning. I can only be here for a moment, but... He takes the place of his projected double beside Vera and puts an arm around her.

CabbageTheif
2006-10-17, 11:53 PM
i dunno. i think i am going back to sneaks milk bar to think this over with a little home-brewed coffee. later!

((bed))

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 11:57 PM
Verdandi smiles back at him and hugs him tightly. I have been wanting you to hold me ever since you left.

Kenyon
2006-10-17, 11:58 PM
Kenyon stands up, and thinks for a bit.

"Checking the labs would be the best bet, I think."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-18, 12:01 AM
(I have about enough time to get kenyon to the labs before bed. what say you, Rouk?)

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 12:01 AM
Iames gives her a kiss. Me too.

Jacklu
2006-10-18, 12:06 AM
((Sure. That will work for me too.))
Ok, follow me, but stay close, these tunnles are pretty elaborit. Rouk heads into the tunnle.

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 12:07 AM
Verdandi kisses him back. I think I will be okay for a while now.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-18, 12:10 AM
*Atreyu waits for Kenyon to get on*

(He'll be too tired to continue when you reach your destination.

goodnight)

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 12:10 AM
Kenyon jumps on, and follows Rouk to the labs.

((@^ G'night!))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 12:14 AM
Iames smiles at her, then his eyes widen. Whoops! I have to go! Remember that I love you... And then Iames disappears.

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 12:15 AM
I love you too Iames... Verdandi hopes that she did not get him in trouble. She waits a little longer and then picks herself up and flies off towards Trog's Tavern.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2006-10-19, 07:50 PM
There is a whoosh of wind, and aereshaa appears at the edge of the fields, and produces a staff with a sapphire on the end. he waves it, and bricks appear, slowly forming a house about 4 metres on each side. He mutters: I need a house...

Sonic_Moronic
2006-10-20, 11:59 AM
Zed enters some farm. He notices a few trees, and takes some apples.

He quickly escapes to avoid being noticed stealing the apples.

Seren
2006-10-28, 03:46 PM
As Seren and Vael walk from town out into the countryside, Seren turns, a look of concern on her face, "Are you alright?"

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 03:48 PM
Vael seems a little confused.
I'm fine, Seren. Or I think I'm fine, at the very least. I know that what I think is not always correct. Why do you ask?

Seren
2006-10-28, 03:51 PM
"You seemed a bit preoccupied, lost....I don't know...never mind."
She glances out at some trees and fields. "Lovely out today."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 03:54 PM
Vael considers her first words, and then dismisses them, unsure of what she is talking about.
It is indeed.
He turns his gaze back to her and falls silent.

Seren
2006-10-28, 04:01 PM
Seren continues to hold his hand and walk silently for awhile.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 04:06 PM
Vael smoothly steps in front of her and stops. He smiles at her and takes her other hand as well.
You mean so much to me, Seren.

Seren
2006-10-28, 04:08 PM
Seren smiles up at him, "I'm glad."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 04:14 PM
Vael leans closer and kisses her passionately.

Seren
2006-10-28, 04:18 PM
Seren returns his kiss, looking into his eyes searchingly.

(sorry, somehow i fell asleep between posts there)

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 04:24 PM
Vael slowly ends the kiss and looks back at her. His eyes are their normal soft amber. He notes her gaze.
Yes, Seren?

Seren
2006-10-28, 04:24 PM
"Nothing. Just looking at you." She smiles warmly.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 04:29 PM
Vael smiles back at her and seems content merely to stand there and look at her as well.

Seren
2006-10-28, 04:33 PM
After a few seconds, Seren appears to get uncomfortable with the just standing there, staring thing and looks away. She takes her hand from his and plucks a leaf from a nearby bush and studies it for a time. She moves to continue walking down the path.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 04:37 PM
Vael follows after her, and eventually asks something that he had wondered for a long time.
Seren, what was it like, to be a star?

Seren
2006-10-28, 04:43 PM
"It's....kind of hard to explain....lonely I suppose. Kind of cold and dark....the surroundings, I mean, not that I was cold and dark, I was bright and warm, like a star should be. I mean, how effective of a star could I have been if I was cold and dark? But then clearly I couldn't have been that effective of a star anyway if I've been replaced with angry darkness and no ones even noticed..."

Seren realizes she's started babbling on again and trails off. She pauses for a moment.

"I felt important, as a star...like I was doing something worthwhile...shining light on the night sky, helping sailors navigate, well, somewhat anyway....I don't know...like I said...it's hard to explain.

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 04:47 PM
Vael squeezes her hand comfortingly.
But now you would rather stay here if you could?

Seren
2006-10-28, 04:49 PM
"Yes. I would."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 04:51 PM
Why?
Vael seems genuinely curious.

Seren
2006-10-28, 04:55 PM
"There's so much more interraction down here, so many more people. It gets very lonely up there, and it's very quiet."
She pauses for a bit before looking at him.
"And there's you, of course...I wouldn't want to leave you."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 04:59 PM
I would never leave you on your own, Seren, no matter where you were. You know that.
He smiles at her and puts a hand in his pocket absently. He touches the gem and remembers it, and his gaze seems to focus somewhere else.

Seren
2006-10-28, 05:04 PM
Seren looks down to the ground and smiles not seeing his look, "I'm glad to know that."

She looks up and notes the sun lower in the sky, "I should probably be getting back."

AmberVael
2006-10-28, 05:08 PM
What? Oh, of course.
Vael hurriedly pulls himself back to reality and takes his hand out of his pocket.
Let us go then.
He shifts his coporealness to allow him access to his psionics, and teleports them away.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-30, 06:21 PM
*Atreyu and the two elven kids trot along through the country side. Ala and Kint are not riding on his back, they are walking alongside, each carrying a back pack. The llama is loaded down with camping gear.*

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/laborday.gif

*They go watching around examining the different fields. Kint lets out an excited shout There it is. That has to be it. Its the most sincere pumpkin patch. Look around you. Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see!" *The elven boy takes off running for the patch, a blue blanket gripped in his right hand flies behind him as he runs.*

*The llama shakes his head, laughs, and turns to Ala* "So, he does this every year? The blanket is part of this tradition? I'm really confused? How does a pumpkin give presents?"

*The elven girl, a frustrated and embarrassed look on her face, just sighs* " I don't know. But he does this every year. He's acting like a blockhead."

"In this Town, anything can happen. Let's go set up camp. This stuff is really heavy."

*The two join Kint in the pumpkin patch, and soon the trio are setting up a tent .*
_______________________________
*The next morning, the three of them are sitting around in the pumpkin patch and the kids are explaining the tradition of dressing up in costume. *

"So, you dress up as something scary, usually? Or something you want to be? Elves are weird."

It's fun, Muffy. Please! We want werefox costumes. Please.

"ummm...sure. Someplace around here has to sell costumes. Stay here. I'll go see what I can find."

*the llama trots off quickly,thinking frantically.*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-10-31, 05:39 PM
*Atreyu enters the pumpkin patch, 2 realistic werefox costumes draped over his back, he notices that the kids are not were they should be, scanning the place he notices a familiar form huddled behind a large pumpkin and another on the opposite side of the path. The long ears pick up muffled giggling and, grinning, he walks toward the "trap."

Suddenly two young blurs of energy leap out and wrap start wrapping strips of white cloth around the quadraped. Kint leaps up and grabs the costumes while Atreyu bluffs that he rolled low on his initative and lets the kids finish mummifying him before he can react.

He then shows the elves the werefox costumes he found and they try them on, fitting perfectly. The two "werefoxes" scamper around and the llama tries to get used to walking in his costume.*

Alarra
2006-10-31, 09:22 PM
Alarra and El J come heading through the countryside, "There should be a pumpkin patch around here somewhere......Oh...there it is!" Alarra skips over calling for Kint and Ala. "You guys want to go trick or treating?"

Two werefoxes come bouncing from their hiding places behind pumpkins and practically knock Alarra and El J over. "Yeah!"

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-31, 09:25 PM
Yay! At last, we've been waiting for hours!

And you're already wearing costumes!

El Jaspero looks at his uniform, but decides not to argue the points of dressing as a pirate versus being one.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 07:36 PM
Iames and Aerin walk through the Countryside.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 07:39 PM
So what happened then?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 07:41 PM
He caught me searching his room and we had an argument. A pretty bad one.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 07:43 PM
Did you ever find out if your suspicions were correct?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 07:50 PM
Yes. But by that point he had already decided to move away from his evil ways. And now, we're pretty good friends.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 07:57 PM
That's good. Who is it? Have I met him?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 07:59 PM
That was Vael, and no, you haven't met him. That's something I need to arrange...

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 08:03 PM
Oh. So now where do we go?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-01, 08:05 PM
This way, Iames says with a smile, leading Aerin to The Romantic Pond.

Fen3
2006-11-02, 01:34 PM
*In a flash of sulphorous flames, a hellhound appears in the Pumpkin Patch and wanders over to Llama*

Hey there, Llama priest!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-02, 01:37 PM
*The llama, deep in thought as to why a beagle wearing flying goggles rose out of the pumpkin patch on Halloween night, looks up and wags to see his friend.* "Hi Myobu. Haven't seen you lately. How's it going?"

Fen3
2006-11-02, 01:52 PM
*mMyobu smiles*

It's going rather well. I hope to get revenge on some folks who actually had the audacity to kill me a few weeks back. It's going to be a big battle, so you might want to stay out here and away from town for a bit.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-02, 02:01 PM
*Atreyu looks shocked and angry*

"That's terrible. Do you want any help? I still owe you for all you did for me in ...well, when you helped me. I still have that Wish, too. Maybe that can do something."

*his ears draw back and a scowl appears on his muzzle, genuinely angry.*

Fen3
2006-11-02, 02:21 PM
*mMyobu tilts his head to the side*

It's already started, and I'm late! It's at that fox temple!

*mMyobu disappears in a swirl of sulphurous flames*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-02, 02:28 PM
"Then you'd better get to the fox...temple? Inari's?" *Anger turns to confusion* "You'll have lots of help there. Our Mybobu is strong and Inari is really powerful. You probably don't need my help, then."
*he shrugs as the hound disappears before Atreyu can say anything.*

*he lays back down, but can't quite ignore the nagging feeling of something odd in the back of his mind.
****The Next Day******

*having decided that whatever danger was going on has pasted and getting hungry for something other than pumpkin, which is getting moldy, Atreyu heads back into town to see how the battle went.*

Seft Sirag
2006-11-09, 08:51 AM
Val walks through the countryside, eventually arriving at the site of the battle with the masters. Quite why he chose this area he isn't sure, but it seems right somehow.

Spread around the area are more piles of metal, and a lightning rod. Val adds the metal in his arms to one of the piles, and draws his sword.

Walking into a bare patch of land, he begins to draw in the earth with the sword, creating a rough square apporximately 10ft by 10ft. He then draws a large circle around this, and steps back, thinking.

vegetable_sorbet
2006-11-09, 09:14 AM
A portal opens close behind Val, and Zimbraw steps out, and through Val, who shivers slightly. The portal closes, and Zimbraw turns to face Val. Hello, Valthera. I have a favour to ask. I don't think I need to tell you what it is.

Seft Sirag
2006-11-09, 09:16 AM
Val stares at him for a couple of minutes. I'm afraid I can't help you, Zimbraw. I don't deal with resurrections. Try one of the temples in town.

vegetable_sorbet
2006-11-09, 09:24 AM
I'm not dead, you imbecile! the gauntlets did this to me! some ghost woman came to me, and they were speaking through her. they turned me incorporeal so I could help her get some things from a particular world the corpreal can't access, then promptly took off before she could sort me out. Zimbraw replies angrily. I would be grateful if you could ammend this!

Seft Sirag
2006-11-09, 09:31 AM
Val gives him a stony look, then, without speaking, waves a gauntlet in his general direction, and his corporeal state is restored. I apologise. I'm not entirely sure why they keep managing to take control in this world. before I came here, I didn't even realise they were independantly sentient.

He pauses, staring at the piles of metal. I don't suppose you would mind letting me use one of your portals to get back into the town? I have a few things I need to get hold of.

vegetable_sorbet
2006-11-09, 09:35 AM
Zimbraw considers this for a moment. Well, I'm in need of a good smoke, it wouldn't hurt for me to spend a couple of hours in Hank's. He opens up a portal, now silver-rimmed again, leading into Hank's. After you.

Val nods politely to him, and steps through. Zimbraw follows, and the portal closes.

Seft Sirag
2006-11-09, 06:16 PM
Val hikes back through the countryside again, a heavy pack on his back. when he reaches the site again, he puts the pack down, and pulls two large crates out, followed by a tent.

He spends half an hour setting this up, then sets about making the place feel a little more homely. He cuts down a small tree with his sword, and uses it to set up a small fire.

The rest of the tree, he somehow carves into a stool, which he places close to the fire. then, turning to the crates, he encases one in ice, and takes the other into the tent.

He emerges with a bottle of fireamber, which he places on the stool. Using some more wood, he creates a low bed and a set of crude plates and cooking utensils, as well as a frame to fit over and around the fire to hold a large tray.

He takes some raw bamhacon out from the box he encased in ice, places this on a tray, and places this on the framework around the fire. Though it blackens slightly, it does not burn. Val sits back on the stool, watching the fire, and sipping fireamber from a wooden cup.

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 08:28 PM
Verdandi walks out into the countryside and stops on a random hill. She sits down, drawing her legs up under her chin, and wraps her arms around herself. Her wings spread and halfway fold around her. The valkyrie resembles nothing more than a lost child trying to comfort herself.

Seft Sirag
2006-11-10, 08:45 PM
Val spends a day working hard, building the foundations of a large arch made of the metal within the square he outlined the day before.

At the end of the day, he settles down by the fire again, sipping fireamber and cooking bamhacon. Eventually, he retreats into his tent for rest.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 09:06 PM
Iames appears behind Vera. Vera, I'm here if you'd like to talk to me. If you'd rather be alone, I'll let you be.

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 09:09 PM
Verdandi continues to sit as she is. There is no movement or sound to even indicate that she heard Iames.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 09:14 PM
Iames's concern grows. He walks up beside her, making no effort to conceal his presence, and sits down next to her. Vera? Are you alright?

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 09:22 PM
Verdandi does not look at him, but he sees her blink, and her wings draw back from her very slightly. What if I don't really love you?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 09:33 PM
Iames sighs. If it's a magical effect, it will go away in an antimagic field. Iames produces an antimagic field. What do you feel now?

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 09:36 PM
In a sudden display of speed, Verdandi jumps to her feet and uses her wings to fly away from the field before it does more than graze her. She stands outside of it, fear in her eyes.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 09:46 PM
Iames dismisses the field. I'm sorry, Vera. But is it really better to continue, unsure if one is living a lie, or to discover that our feelings were brought on by an outside influence, and part amicably?

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 09:50 PM
Verdandi's wings shake and her entire body is trembling. I- I- I don't want this to go away. What if it does?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 10:12 PM
I don't want it to go away either, Vera. And if you ask me, that means that it won't. But... if it is false, I don't want to keep on living a lie.

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 10:16 PM
Verdandi shudders and then walks up to Iames. She kisses him, crying to herself.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 10:32 PM
Iames wraps her in his arms and kisses her back.

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 10:35 PM
Verdandi shudders again in his arms, then looks into his eyes. I am ready to find out now. Her voice is small and shaking.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 10:36 PM
Iames creates an antimagic field. ... Do... do you still love me?

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 10:38 PM
Verdandi just tightens her grip on him and cries.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 10:53 PM
In the antimagic field, Iames can't tell what that means. He continues to hold her. Vera?

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 10:59 PM
Verdandi continues to sob, but kisses him again.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 11:02 PM
Iames dismisses the antimagic field and kisses her back, beginning to cry in relief.

AmberVael
2006-11-10, 11:13 PM
Verdandi sighs and relaxes in his arms. I think we should go back now.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 11:16 PM
Yes, we probably should. Iames teleports them to Trog's.

Seft Sirag
2006-11-11, 03:13 PM
Val wakes up late. He crawls out of the tent, and grabs some leftover bamhacon from the tray. H eats this whilst reviewing the drawing he made in Trog's several days before.

He grabs a mug of fireamber, and slowly sips it whilst he reviews his previous day's work. Two six-foot high columns of intricate, cross-crossing metal beams stand waiting to be worked on.

After finishing the fireamber, Val pulls some welding equipment from his backpack, and begins to hover, so that his chest is level with the top of the structure. He holds an arm out to one side, and a piece of metal rises from a pile, and flies into the outstreched hand.

He begins working again.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 02:51 PM
Kyrian wanders out to the countryside. I hope she got the message...

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 05:47 PM
Kyrian appears out in the countryside, and begins wandering off.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-12, 05:54 PM
Iames appears. Sorry, Kyrian. I'm leaving again just as soon as we're finished here, so I had to say goodbye to Aerin and Vera. He holds out the coin. Vera says this is yours.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 05:55 PM
Kyrian sighs as he takes the coin. Damn you....for being so lucky.....

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-12, 06:02 PM
Iames smiles sympathetically. I'm sorry. What was it you wanted to talk to me about?

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 06:07 PM
I.....fell for Vera....I even...kissed her.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-12, 06:08 PM
Iames nods. I know. And?

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 06:12 PM
That's it? "I know. And?" This Town is so shocked up.... Kyrian growls and sends a fire ball high into the sky.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-12, 06:17 PM
Iames sighs. Kyrian, I don't blame you, or her. You don't have to apologize. Iames grins. Vera is a very beautiful woman, and I understand why you would be attracted to her. If that's all you wanted to say, then I should be going... Iames waits.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 06:19 PM
Iames...I love her...I'd be willing to give everything......but all she sees is you....maybe I'm just not meant to find anyone....not after...

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-12, 06:28 PM
Kyrian, I'm sorry you can't have the woman you want without me giving her up, but neither she nor I want to break apart. There are others out there, Kyrian. What about that blue girl? Or you could try to reconcile with Phoenixineohp. But ultimately it's up to you.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 06:30 PM
Kyrian stands still and silent.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-12, 06:32 PM
Iames sighs. I know that nothing I just said helped you. How about this: What's the name of the woman you're pining after? Besides Vera?

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 06:36 PM
Ceika Ceiblayde

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-12, 06:46 PM
Iames nods, his eyes on the middle distance as he commits the name to memory. Ceika Ceiblayde... Ceika Ceiblayde... She's on the list of inactive officers. The notation says "MIA". He shrugs. I'll have my minions listening for her name. If they find her, I'll tell you where she is, and you'll be able to go to her. Is that fair?

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 06:47 PM
Kyrian is busy looking off into the distance.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-12, 06:51 PM
Kyrian? Iames looks where Kyrian is looking.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 06:53 PM
I don't know...I've ruined things today...

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-12, 06:56 PM
Iames sighs again. Well, I don't know what else I can do to help you, Kyrian. I must say it's been a pleasant change, talking with you rather than fighting, but I must be going. Iames disappears.

Kyrian
2006-11-12, 07:03 PM
Kyrian leaves.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2006-11-12, 10:16 PM
a raven slowly flits across the landscape, heading directly for the Town.

Seft Sirag
2006-11-13, 02:37 PM
Val's structure has now reached almost 17 feet in height. Sweating slightly from the heat of his welding gear, Val descends from the top of the structure, and places the equipment on the ground beside it.

He heads over, and relights the fire, but keeps some distance from it for a while whilst he cools off. He grabs a bottle of fireamber from the tent, and swigs from the bottle.

Once he has cooled down, he returns, and begins cooking more bamhacon. He sits on the small stool, sipping fireamber, and reading the massive glowing book.

Xerillum
2006-11-13, 06:09 PM
A team of engineers walks to a deserted spot, and beginsa assembling wires and a strange putty.


_____________

The wires and putty are completed and placed gently in a barrel. FIRE IN THE HOLE! 3...2...1...0! A large plume of black smoke rises from the site as an explosion rips the earh and prairie grasses into oblivion. Dust is thrown into the air, and the team cheers. Eureka! It works! Oh, god, it works! Quick! Gather the bomb's remnants! We can build others!

vegetable_sorbet
2006-11-13, 07:31 PM
Anna drifts briskly trhough the countryside, searching for something. Eventually, she spots Val's campfire, and the start of the large arch. she heads towards it, and soon comes across Val, dozing by the fire. She smiles, but doesn't attempt to wake him. least I know where to find you in future, love. she says, before shimmering out of existance. [hr]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Anna.gif

Renrik
2006-11-14, 12:49 PM
A group of goblin from the town, a cart in tow, stop at an abandoned farmhouse, and unload their cart. They move in.

Kantur
2006-11-14, 07:48 PM
Kantur wanders through the countryside towards the woods

Seft Sirag
2006-11-15, 08:25 PM
After sleeping for three days, Val gets up, groggily, wondering whether someone managed to slip water into his fireamber. He grabs a fresh bottle of the wine, and sips it, as he looks up at his semi-complete arch. He gives some left-over bamhacon a look, and decides not to touch it.

He speed-cooks a fresh slab of raw meat using a lightball, and snacks on it whilst consulting his sketches of the archway.

A short while later, he rises off the ground, and gets to work again.

Renrik
2006-11-16, 12:47 PM
The goblins continue to fix up their new home. A large amount of dirt is piling up outside, and then being moved off elsewhere.

Seft Sirag
2006-11-16, 09:00 PM
Val welds the final piece of the arch into place, and drops to the ground, exhausted, but satisfied. Now all I'll need is a suitably stormy day. He says to himself, taking up his seat by the fire, and relighting it.

((My last post until the lycanthrope party. taking some time off to get back on track with uni work... hopefully.))

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 04:27 PM
Verdandi comes out into the countryside and sits on a hill for a while, thinking silently.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 05:00 PM
Iames appears on the hill next to Vera. Afternoon, Vera. I got some news while I was sleeping in Trog's.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 05:01 PM
Verdandi looks up at Iames. News? From where? What of?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 05:10 PM
Iames looks away. Of the village you dreamed about. My celestials found it. What was left of it, anyway. They couldn't discover anything about what caused it, but if I go in person, I might be able to find things they missed. I figured you should know since it was so important to you. And I want you to come with me for the same reason. He looks at her guiltily. My selfishness may have cost them their lives. The least I can do is try to avenge their deaths and make amends as best I can.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 05:13 PM
Verdandi curls her wings and arms around herself and also looks away.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 05:16 PM
Iames looks at the ground for a moment, then gets up. I'm sorry, Vera. He turns and begins to walk away.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 05:18 PM
No. Iames, please come back. Verdandi turns her head and looks at him with pleading eyes.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 05:21 PM
Iames turns back around and goes back to Vera. He sits down next to her. Yes? He sounds and looks very guilty.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 05:22 PM
Verdandi just puts her arms around him and lays her head on his shoulder.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 05:28 PM
Iames smiles sadly and holds her in his arms.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 05:33 PM
Do not blame yourself for this, Iames. Verdani puts a wing behind his back and folds the other into a relaxed position.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 05:37 PM
Iames sighs. Part of me knows I shouldn't, but another part of me can't help feeling guilty.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 05:40 PM
Verdandi is on the verge of saying something, but instead of speaking she kisses Iames.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 05:48 PM
Iames is surprised at first, then kisses her back.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 05:52 PM
Verdandi breaks off the kiss after a few moments. It was not your fault, Iames. Her voice is soft but certain. The valkyrie stands up and her hand naturally drifts to her sword. She looks off into the distance.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 05:53 PM
Iames smiles. Thank you.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 05:58 PM
Verdandi gives him a small, soft smile. Iames, there is something I have to do. I do not know when I will be back, but I think it will be soon.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 06:02 PM
Alright. I won't try to stop you this time.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 06:06 PM
Verdandi nods once. If all goes well, I will be back before sunset. I love you, Iames. She unfurls her wings and prepares to fly.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 06:07 PM
I love you, my Necessity.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 06:10 PM
Verdandi smiles at that, and flies off towards the mountains.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-17, 06:42 PM
Iames sits for a while, then teleports away.

AmberVael
2006-11-17, 07:25 PM
A strange, red and black winged valkyrie flies unknowingly to the same spot where Verdandi took off an hour earlier. She unceremoniously drops Verdandi's sword, and then Verdandi herself. After stretching her arms for a moment, she shakes Verdandi to no effect. With a sigh she limbers her wings and arms again and flies towards the town after picking up Verdandi and her sword.

McBish
2006-11-18, 12:47 PM
((I decieded to skip the streets.))

McBish leads Natalie on a walk through the countryside.

Clover
2006-11-18, 12:49 PM
As he leads her through the countryside she closes her eyes and smiles, listening to the sound of him

McBish
2006-11-18, 12:50 PM
He points out several interseting plants and animals, and seems to know a lot about the wilderness.

Clover
2006-11-18, 12:52 PM
I love this...

she looms at what he points at, but mainly keeps her eyes on him...

McBish
2006-11-18, 12:53 PM
He smiles back at her. Me to. He continues to show her around.

((I'm going to go eat, I'll be back in about an hour.))

Clover
2006-11-18, 12:55 PM
((okay then... I might be off to go and eat by the time you get back actually))

She leans up and pecks him on the cheek

McBish
2006-11-18, 12:57 PM
((Ok I'll be back.))

He smiles at her and kisses her back.

Clover
2006-11-18, 12:58 PM
She huggles into him and closes her eyes...

((I'm off to eat now... back soon...))

McBish
2006-11-18, 01:42 PM
((Back))
He sits there with her waiting for her to be ready to move again.

Clover
2006-11-18, 01:56 PM
((back))

She stretches her arms and smiles at him again

McBish
2006-11-18, 01:57 PM
Are you still hungry?

Clover
2006-11-18, 01:59 PM
Maybe a little... but everything seems to lose importance with you around...

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:01 PM
Your going to give me a big head if you keep talking like that. He leads her to a small stream. When he gets there he pulls off his shoes and rolls up his pants and wades into the stream. He starts to hum softly.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:03 PM
She watches him wade out into the water for a minute, then walks to the edge and steps in slowly.

It's cold...

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:05 PM
Yeah I'm used to it though. Suddenenly his hands flash and he tosses a fish out of the stream.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:06 PM
woah!

She dodges out of the way

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:07 PM
I can get one more if you could start up a fire. He says with a smile.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:08 PM
erm... okay then...

She goes out of the water and collects some random twigs and dry leaves

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:10 PM
He quickly catchs another fish and goes and helps her start a fire, You don't spend much time outdoors do you?

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:11 PM
She shakes her head and laughs

How can you tell?

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:13 PM
Oh I just had a feeling. He laughs and smiles at her. He quickly starts up a fire using two rocks and starts to cook the fish whole.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:14 PM
She sits down next to the fire

If you know so much about nature and stuff, why do you live in the Town?

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:17 PM
Well I guess you could say I went there to die. My heart attacks were getting worse and I didn't want to die alone in the woods. But than Iames healed me so now I'm just sticking around since I don't really know what to do now.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:19 PM
well...

She leans closer to him

...I'm glad you chose the Town... and I'm glad you got better

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:21 PM
Me to, me to. He hands her a fish on a stick that is now nice and cooked.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:22 PM
She takes it and nibbles a bit off

Thanks... :smallsmile:

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:23 PM
No problem, anything for you.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:24 PM
You're too sweet

She leans over and kisses him

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:27 PM
He kisses her back. Nope I'm just sweet enough. He eats his fish.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:28 PM
She sits back and smiles, then eats the fish

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:29 PM
He finishes his fish. So what do you want to do now?

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:31 PM
I don't know

She lies down and rests her head in his lap

Why don't you pick this time?

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:32 PM
Ok how about... ok I really have no idea. The only place I know besides Trog's is a temple.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:33 PM
What temple?

She picks a few daisy's and begins threading them together

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:34 PM
A temple of Inari. They were helping out with my heart problem.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:36 PM
aww... that'd be nice then...

She makes a chain of about twenty daisys and puts the two ends together

I made you a necklace

She holds it out for him

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:38 PM
Why thank you. He puts it on. Well than my lady if you will give me the honor. He stands up and offers his arm to her.

Clover
2006-11-18, 02:39 PM
She takes his arm as she stands up

Such a gentleman

McBish
2006-11-18, 02:40 PM
Only when the mood takes me. He leads her towards Inari's.

Xerillum
2006-11-18, 11:02 PM
A large army of dwarves marches and sets up camp in the countryside

Hoseki
2006-11-19, 12:55 PM
Having forcibly silenced the Prior, the Tarrasque storm across the Countryside. Eventually it comes across a small house that is inhabited by NPCs.

The Tarrasque leaves the splintered ex-home and the mangled bodies of NPCs as it continues its 'stroll'.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:10 PM
Xerillum approaches the dwarves, as two regiments rejoin the army. Hello, Tor, clan Liek. it has been a while.

Yes, friend xerillum. We have some information for you. Our spies have located the grave robbers in the slums. We would be happy to assist.

Thank you.
the army marches towards the town.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:12 PM
((... except, you know, that no one ever saw them enter or leave the warehouse))

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:13 PM
((Well, you know... raising undead skeletons and disintegrating their bodies does make a lot of noise... ))

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:14 PM
((Um, not really))

Exachix
2006-11-19, 01:15 PM
((want bodies? Employ the *name torn off* to kill for you! It's fun and legal. I swear!))

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:17 PM
((Since when don't warehouses have windows? and since when do armies not have well traineed intelligence reporters?))

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:20 PM
((Since when did you not read the description that says the warehouse is IDENTICAL to the one beside it (because of illusion)? That means that looking in the window shows what is in the other one))

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:21 PM
((since when is there no amulets of true seeing, and no will saves?))

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:23 PM
((Then there you go, but I would have liked it if you had actually, you know, POSTED about these intelligence reporters))

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:25 PM
Well, I DID post about a dwarven regiment.

AmberVael
2006-11-19, 01:26 PM
((Yes, one that came in and ended up in the wrong warehouse, and then left. Nothing about intelligence people))

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 01:28 PM
((whatever.))

Renrik
2006-11-19, 02:56 PM
The goblins in the farmhouse keep watch on the dwarves from afar. One of them leaves and rides towards the city on a small pony.

Xerillum
2006-11-19, 03:33 PM
The rest of the dwarven army marches for the mountains.

Renrik
2006-11-20, 01:02 PM
A rider goes by a different route to the mountains.

Hoseki
2006-11-20, 04:03 PM
Much farther away from the Town now, the Tarrasque plods steadily along. The Prior and the Previous still bicker in the head of the great beast, though now they simply can't decide which direction to go.

Seft Sirag
2006-11-20, 06:39 PM
Anna materialises close to Val's campsite, and looks around for signs of life. She sighs when she hears Val's loud, rhythmic snoring. Is he ever awake these days?She asks herself, as she moves through the site, casually strolling right through the smouldering fire, and on into the tent. Almost reminds me of the early days at Bahamutte's. She thinks, as she gently lowers herself to the ground.[hr]
Eventually, Val stirs, and sits up without opening his eyes. That you there, Anna? He mumbles sleepily. Anna grins. Hey there. Was wondering if you were ever going to wake up. Val grins. Yeah, well, I kind of used up all my energy reserves putting that arch together.

He rises, and goes out to observe his fire. So, you're all good to go, then? Anna asks, styepping out of the tent, and staring up at the large metal arch. Val nods, poking the dead fire with a singed branch. All I need is a nice electrical storm to power the gateway, and I'll be good to go. He says, begining to move around, looking for kindling, to relight the fire.

Anna smiles at him, slightly amused at something. So, you're just going to sit around here waiting for a storm, then? She asks. That was the plan, yeah. Val replies, bending to grab a handful of small twigs, and casually flicking his ponytail back out of his face as it swings around. Wouldn't you be more comfortable relaxing in Trog's instead? and actually doing your job? Anna asks. Val laughs. I hadn't thought of that. I guess I got carried away with the construction work. He dumps the kindling, and heads into his tent to grab the book. Anna stays outside, looking up at the large arch.

How long have you been around for, by the way? Val asks, as he comes back out of the tent a short while later. Anna shrugs just under a day She smiles. why d'you ask? Val grins so, you finally got over the manifesting problem, then? Anna nods. Congratulations. you'll be able to see me off, then. Anna sighs slightly, but continues to smile. I was thinking of dropping by, yeah.

Val sighs as well, and begins walking back towards the town. Its strange, there's part of me that really doesn't want to leave. Anna drifts beside him, laughing slightly. funny you should say that. there's kind of all of me doesn't want to leave... She pauses, debating whether or not to finish the sentence she'd planned to say. and a rather large part of me doesn't want to see you go either. Val sighs, and responds to her in Kroizian. They continue to walk towards the town.

Flabbicus
2006-11-22, 02:00 PM
A gust of wind swept through the fields, causing the wheat to undulate in a calm manner. A snowy raven glided far above the fields and quickly descended, landing atop a large boulder. The thrumming of iron hoofs could be heard as a silhouette halted near the raven. The raven departed, it flew into the air in a flurry of feathers and dirt, all the while remaining as pristine as untread snow.

The silhouette's attention was fixed on another body however, it snorted and then suddenly a part moved. The man shifted on its mount and fixed his eyes upon the Town for many minutes. Unsatisfied with what he saw, he pulled on the reins and led the horse forward in a trot. Five words escaped from the cowled riders lips as he moved closer to his destination.

I will maintain the balance.

The rider slowly moved towards the conurbation, images of snow and blood playing and replaying within his tortured mind.

Hoseki
2006-11-22, 02:02 PM
((That's five words.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-22, 02:08 PM
(( You saw nothing. *Shambles away* ))

AmberVael
2006-11-24, 06:12 PM
Elya appears in the countryside. She looks around and decides that there is nothing that would be a shame to lose in the area, and then begins to recall some of her long unused spells. She murmurs a few sift words, and wind begins stirring around her, and then rages as she lifts into the air on the wings of storm. After a moment she raises a hand which crackles with electricity and launches a bolt of lightning at the ground.
Satisfied, the cleric casts another spell, and a glowing mote of light hangs over her shoulder. It flashes silver, then gold, then vivd red as it launches a bolt of fire and disappears.
Elya nods to herself and goes through a few more spells before vanishing.