PDA

View Full Version : Zuggtmoy, the Lady of Fungi (3.5)

Balor01
2010-11-19, 04:29 AM
Where can I find proper stats for this thing for 3.5? I have been browsing around, but stat blocks found online differ much one from another. Also, what are pseudopods? :smallyuk:

Serpentine
2010-11-19, 04:35 AM
Pseudopod means false (or was it half?) foot. It's what single-celled organisms form instead of a limb. So, when a gelatinous ooze whacks someone with a pseudopod, it shapes its "body" into a whapping projection. Like this:http://shs.westport.k12.ct.us/mjvl/biology/cells/amoeba.gifDunno Zuggtmoy, sorry.

Xefas
2010-11-19, 04:44 AM
Where can I find proper stats for this thing for 3.5? I have been browsing around, but stat blocks found online differ much one from another. Also, what are pseudopods? :smallyuk:

Zuggtmoy's statblock is featured on page 79 of Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss.

A pseudopod is like a tentacle, but made of you squishing your body into the shape of a tentacle, rather than it being a separate limb.

Killer Angel
2010-11-19, 05:33 AM
Zuggtmoy's statblock is featured on page 79 of Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss.

Yep, here you'll find the official ones.
BTW, the whole Codex is a must have, togheter with Codex II.
A pity they didn't publish FC III - Rift's mercenaries....

Callos_DeTerran
2010-11-19, 01:09 PM
You can also look in Dragon Magazine for a...more impressive Zuggtmoy based on the one in the Fiendish Codex I. Because a below CR 25 demon lord is a bit sad.

arguskos
2010-11-19, 01:52 PM
You can also look in Dragon Magazine for a...more impressive Zuggtmoy based on the one in the Fiendish Codex I. Because a below CR 25 demon lord is a bit sad.
You're aware that the Dragon Magazine Queen of Fungus *is* CR 25, right? She's still frankly pathetic as a Demon Lord, befitting her role as one of the weaker of the known lords.

Also, that Dragon Magazine is #337.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-11-19, 02:30 PM
You're aware that the Dragon Magazine Queen of Fungus *is* CR 25, right? She's still frankly pathetic as a Demon Lord, befitting her role as one of the weaker of the known lords.

Also, that Dragon Magazine is #337.

Really? I was not aware. I only knew that she IS in Dragon Magazine, I don't actually know her stats from it (only have the one's with Dagon, Demogorgon, and Malchanthet). Still...that's better then what's in Fiendish Codex I.

The Tygre
2010-11-19, 04:09 PM
And if none of those do it for you, here's a healthy CR 35 version from Dicefreaks. (http://dicefreaks.superforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5&start=261)

Tvtyrant
2010-11-19, 04:18 PM
There is also a CR 9 version!

Mordokai
2010-11-19, 06:18 PM
There is also a CR 9 version!

An aspect I presume?

I mean, come on, how much of a treat can a Lady of Fungi be anyway? :smalltongue:

ZeroNumerous
2010-11-19, 06:21 PM
I mean, come on, how much of a treat can a Lady of Fungi be anyway? :smalltongue:

Surprisingly not much of one. Fragrach lets you(assuming you are a fairly well built fighter type) solo Zuggtmoy in Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil(the game, that is).

Starbuck_II
2010-11-19, 06:48 PM
A party of level 10's can beat her up in the video game based on the module.

And it wasn't an aspect (endings make that clear).

Sure, she was toughs she summons every round those fungus things, high SR, and AC but still beatable.

Tvtyrant
2010-11-19, 10:20 PM
Yeah, the CR 9 is an aspect. I like to use aspects as ways to draw the attention of Archfiends to my party (they killed an aspect and disrupted the true forms plot). Then you get fiends that attempt to assassinate the party :D

You could always give her a bunch of fungi and plant minions (re-fluffed Treants as Mushroom Treepeople, etc). Then she stands behind her army and uses Sporegate, so that she can tele-engulf enemies and then retreat back through her lines with them!

Thurbane
2010-11-19, 10:33 PM
Surprisingly not much of one. Fragrach lets you(assuming you are a fairly well built fighter type) solo Zuggtmoy in Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil(the game, that is).
Yeah, a sword that literally never misses (meaning you can full PA with impunity), and gives unlimited free AoO against any creatures that hit you (assuming you are CG) is going to let you solo a lot of stuff. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2010-11-20, 04:39 AM
I mean, come on, how much of a treat can a Lady of Fungi be anyway? :smalltongue:Great if you like mushrooms, I guess.

Pronounceable
2010-11-20, 05:03 AM
Why is fungi a legitimate portfolio for a demon lord anyway?

Serpentine
2010-11-20, 05:06 AM
Darkness and decay? They sound about right to me.

Mordokai
2010-11-20, 05:24 AM
Great if you like mushrooms, I guess.

A mushroom with bewbs even :smallbiggrin: A true delicacy.

Serves me right for not having a spellchecker on, I guess :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-11-20, 05:27 AM
Spellchecker wouldn't've caught it...

Boci
2010-11-20, 05:37 AM
Great if you like mushrooms, I guess.

Yeah, now try finding a DM you allows you to eat a demon lord’s corpse without some repercussions.

Mordokai
2010-11-20, 06:41 AM
Spellchecker wouldn't've caught it...

Stop making me look bad, dammit! :smalltongue:

Quirp
2010-11-20, 06:53 AM
A party of level 10's can beat her up in the video game based on the module.

And it wasn't an aspect (endings make that clear).

Sure, she was toughs she summons every round those fungus things, high SR, and AC but still beatable.

The one in the video game isn´t worth anything. I once onerounded this thing with an archery focused ranger (Lv.10)

I would love to see a strong aspect/form of her, too. That fight was pretty anticlimactic. The fight with the balor was more interesting.

Balor01
2010-11-20, 12:33 PM
And if none of those do it for you, here's a healthy CR 35 version from Dicefreaks. (http://dicefreaks.superforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5&start=261)
This is indeed a healty CR.
I would also like to make CR 25 and CR 15 version. What powers do you think should be removed from this ersion, to make it CR 25 and 15?