PDA

View Full Version : Destro Yersul's Document Copying



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-15, 01:00 AM
((This is where Destro lives. Destro sleeps here at night. Destro will be double posting, because Destro comes back here to sleep.))

DESTRO'S HOUSE:

Destro Yersul surveyed his new house. built on a wooden platform supported by immovable rods, it hovered 40 feet above the ground. he finished hammering a sign into the ground underneath it. The sign read Destro Yersul's document copying: all shapes, sizes, and handwriting. He was pleased with his handiwork, even moreso that he had found such an intersting place to have his business. he added a note to the bottem of the sign, and attached a small gong and hammer. the note said ring for entry. the gong was self explanatory. he magically reinforced the sign against theft, and then went over to the town hall to file a business listing.


notes: Destro's house is a wood and stone affair. the entry is through a hole in the floor with a door across it, accessed with Destro's rope of climbing. there is a flat platform on the roof, only visible from the ground by the handrails. all doors are arcane locked whenever Destro isn't in. He entertains a business prospects in his office. The rest of the house is unimportant to business, as it is where Destro lives and the office is interesting enough anyways, being full of scrolls, wands, alchemical experiments, and other such magical paraphernalia. When Destro is not home, a note can be left in his letter box and he will get back to you later. when Destro is home, all you have to do is ring the gong and he will let you up and ask your business. All business transactions are strictly confidential. ((i.e. no one knows about them except the customer and Destro, excepting the unlikely event that someone is spying on them.))

Here's a map:
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/ArtemistheHunter/DestrosHouse.gif


DESTRO'S DEMIPLANE:
This is also the site of Destro's Demiplane, mostly because I don't think I need two threads. The Demiplane is mostly flat and barren, though there are mountains in the distance and stone Monoliths dot the landscape. There is a lake of brackish water and a large number of dead bushes and trees.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-15, 05:08 PM
Destro climbs back into his house and rolls up his rope. He then closes the door. Shortly after, he appears on the roof, sits down, and starts to shootlightning bolts at passing insects

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-16, 02:38 AM
Destro Blinks in on top of his house. He climbs down through the roof. Shortly thereafter, a light comes on in one of the upper rooms. the light stays on for a long time before finally going out.

((goodnight))

The_Froobyone
2006-08-16, 02:56 AM
((I'm only doing this coz i know ur a good rper)
Sneaks into house and silently casts
greater dispel on the room before stealing the sign at the front of the house, casting (again silently) explosive runes where it once sat, and teleporting off (silently).
((this is my revenge on you for not helping take out the gobbo's))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-16, 12:28 PM
Destro looked at the spot where the sign used to be. He wasn't sure how anyone had stolen it, but he didn't like it. He spent a short amount of time replacing the sign magically, and adding a bunch of traps to it and his house. no one but him and people he let in were getting anything from HERE anytime soon. He was still grumbling about the explosive runes when he left.

The_Froobyone
2006-08-16, 04:59 PM
((woops sorry I meant to steal your sign. It was a late night. What can i say?))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-16, 08:06 PM
((s'ok. fixed it now :)))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-17, 02:17 AM
Destro walks back up to his house and happily notices that his new sign is still there. He climbs up through the hole in the floor and turns the light on in his study. an explosion occurs, and then there is silence. There is a heavy thunk, and some hammering noises. Another explosion occurs, and the light goes out. Another light comes on. then goes off.

((goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-18, 01:43 AM
Destro climbs up his rope to his house. Tonight it is quiet, and no lights come on. the door on the roof opens, and Destro climbs out. He sits on the roof for a long time, looking up at the stars.

((Goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 03:59 PM
Destro walks up to his house and waits for Taklinn to catch up.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:00 PM
Taklinn walks up to the sign and whistles at the floating house.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:03 PM
Destro smiles. It's something else isn't it? He pulls a rope out from his pack and stands underneath a barely visible trap door on the bottom of the house. He mubles something at the rope and it snakes upward and ties itself to the handle. Pulling the door open, it then unties itself and goes inside. knots appear along its length, and it shortens visibly. Destro climbs up.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:04 PM
Taklinn climbs up the rope ladder with ease.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:06 PM
Destro is standing in a large entrance hall when Taklinn appears. The rope unties and coils itself. Destro stows it in his pack. The hall isn't very fancy, but looks nice at least. He walks over and opens one of the doors leading off the hall. He walks inside.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:07 PM
Wow... better than most places I go into.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:09 PM
Destro's voice comes from through the other side of the door he just walked through. Thanks, it says.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:09 PM
Taklinn follows the voice.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:16 PM
Destro is sitting behind a rather large and cluttered desk. bookshelves line the walls, in no small state of disorder. One of them is filled with scrolls, with an entire shelf devoted to "summon trout." another is covered in magical looking objects, and a third actually has books on it. There are also several books on the desk, as well as more magic devices and a pot of ink with a silver quill sitting in it.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:20 PM
Ooo... Taklinn examines the Summon Trout shelf.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:23 PM
You can have some of those if you want. I have enough already. Destro opens one of the large books on the table.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:26 PM
Summon Trout... that could be useful in a pinch.

AmberVael
2006-08-20, 04:27 PM
((If you used it right you could kill a demon))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:28 PM
((How so?))

Very. Especially if you can't find dinner. Destro looks at the book, shakes his head, and opens another one. None of the books are clearly labelled, and several of them seem to be bound in highly unusual materials. They probably are, because Destro can't use illusions.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:29 PM
I havent seen that one before... I trust you invented it?

AmberVael
2006-08-20, 04:31 PM
((Long story, but it involves creating play-dough with prestidigitation and blinding a demon with it. I figure a fish might be used the same way))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:32 PM
((cool))

Yes, yes I did. I've invented a lot of things. Most of them are in here somewhere. He seems satisfied with the book he's looking at. He puts it aside and opens several others, including one made out of rock with hinges set into it to allow it to open.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:33 PM
Cool... so, uh, what are we going to do first, today?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:36 PM
Read magic. Useful spell, and an essential part of a wizard's training. Allows you to read any magical text as though it were written in a language you understand.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:37 PM
Taklinn immediately looks interested.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:41 PM
Destro sets all of the open books left on the desk facing Taklinn. Read magic doesn't work on regular text unfortunately, but it's useful if you ever need to decipher something quickly. Most wizards get enough practice with it that they can prepare it without a spellbook. He thinks for a moment and removes one of the more complicated looking books. Hrafn flies up to a perch above the door.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:42 PM
Taklinn glances at Hrafn, then turns his attention back to Destro.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:45 PM
Destro continues on. This spell also allows you to identify some forms of magical traps. Symbols to be specific. And once you've read a particular kind of writing with this spell, you don't need a spell to be able to read it anymore. There should be a quartz in that pouch I gave you. You're going to need it.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:53 PM
Taklinn nods and takes out the pouch, digging inside for a quartz gem. Sure enough, there is one.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 04:57 PM
This spell requires a focus, which is why I asked for the quartz. Focuses are re-usable, so you can use that particular thingummywat more than once. I'll show you what to do. The spell is in your spellbook. Destro demonstrates the required hand movements and invocation.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 04:59 PM
Taklinn flips open his spellbook, setting the quartz on the table. He turns to a page marked Read Magic.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 05:02 PM
Good. Destro indicates a thick, faded brown volume on the table. That is a book which describes in detail the process of binding a familiar. I would like you to try and read it using Read magic.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 05:04 PM
Taklinn clears his throat, and focuses on the quartz gem and the writing at the same time, all the while speaking the verbal component, and using the hand gesture. The writing starts to become readable. Soon, he is able to read it as if it was written in Common. I think it worked.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 05:09 PM
Excellent. If you can read it, it worked. How are you getting on with that other book by the way?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 05:10 PM
Just fine, it's interesting. ((I have to go to dinner now... be back soon.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 05:14 PM
((ok)) Destro starts reading another book, waiting for Taklinn to finish with the one about familiars. After a while he leaves, telling Hrafn to let him know when Taklinn is finished.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 09:43 PM
((Ach, sorry it took 4 hours, we apparently went to a mini-festival thing after dinner... Japanese Lantern Lighting.))

Taklinn yawns and snaps the book shut as soon as he's done.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 09:53 PM
((No problem.))
Hrafn seems momentarily distracted. Shortly after, Destro walks back through the door. Was it interesting?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 09:56 PM
Yeah it was... I'm thinking about a mouse familiar when I get experienced enough.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 09:58 PM
Interesting, mice aren't common familiars, but I'm sure it would work. Did you know familiars provide certain benefits to the wizard who summons them?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:00 PM
Yeah, one of my reasons for thinking about a mouse. Rat's would be good too, but they're bigger and smell worse.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 10:05 PM
Yes. they are. Read magic is pretty easy, so I think we should try something else now. Have you given any thought to spell selection beyond the basics?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:08 PM
Individual spells? I kinda like the idea of a Mage Armor myself... but only after I get better at this stuff. Though, why it isnt an Abjuration spell I have no clue...

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 10:16 PM
Probably has something to do with creating armour out of non-armour material. I'm glad it isn't though. It's saved my life more than once. Destro starts flipping through one of his spellbooks. I don't think you need any more practice doing read magic for now. What about Detect poison? That's always useful.

Flabbicus
2006-08-20, 10:18 PM
(( Anyone else think some twisted wizard would give his apprentice shot glasses, and he has to figure out which one is poisoned by casting the spell only once? ))

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:19 PM
Sure. He shivers. Do you ever get the feeling like something distant is happening, and its connected to you, but you cant place it?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 10:22 PM
((Oddly, yes.))

More than once. It's been an interesting day. Destro finds the page he has been looking for. Ok then, open your book to detect poison.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:24 PM
Taklinn opens to the correct page, unable to shake off the feeling that it had something to do with the Other Town...

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 10:30 PM
Right then. you won't need any specific materials for this spell, just the words and gestures detailed by the book. Try casting the spell, and we'll see what happens. you'll need something to target though... I have it! He pulls a bottle of fireamber out of his backpack. Try it on this.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:31 PM
Taklinn finishes the sentence he is on, and casts the spell, focused on the beverage.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 10:34 PM
The fireamber shows up as not poisoned. Destro senses the magic and looks expectant. Did it work?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:34 PM
Yeah, it came up negative. ((Negative meaning No Poison.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 10:39 PM
Good. Destro turns around and rummages through the many objects on the shelf behind him. He comes up with three glasses. He fills them with water and digs around in one of his pockets. He makes sure Taklinn can't see what he is doing and produces a small bottle. A sound like a drip falling into a puddle can be heard. He turns back around and places the glasses on the table. Now try focusing on the area around the glasses and tell me which one is poisoned. The spell works as an area effect as well. This is just to make sure you can manipulate the spell normally.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:42 PM
His eyes widen. I... dont have to drink any, do I?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 10:45 PM
Destro laughs. Of course not! Did you really think I'd do something like that? Remember, focus on the five foot area around the glasses, not the glasses themselves. The spell is more efficient that way.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:46 PM
Erm, okay. He says, still not completely convinced. He focuses and casts the spell in the area. One of the glasses releases a different mental pulsation than the others, indicating it is indeed the poisoned glass.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 10:47 PM
Hand me the poisoned one.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:48 PM
Taklinn hands him the glass on the right.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 10:53 PM
Good. Destro tosses the poisoned glass out the window and puts the other two back on the shelf. That takes care of that. Let's run through one spell from each of the schools you haven't tried yet. We've covered divination, universal, abjuration you can't use, same with necromancy. that leaves illusion, transmutation, evocation and conjuration. It also leaves enchantment, but there's nothing here to daze right now. Which one do you want to try first?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:54 PM
What kind of Evocation spells are there right now?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 10:58 PM
Mostly to do with producing light. I wouldn't bother with those spells, because you can just use chillrend. There's also ray of frost, and flare.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 10:58 PM
Ray of Frost... didnt we do that one before?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 11:00 PM
Yeah, it was in the wand I gave you for target practice. I suppose we could write evocation off for now if you like though.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 11:05 PM
Alright, what about Conjuration?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 11:06 PM
Just acid splash. I suggest we go up to the roof If you're going to try that one though.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 11:13 PM
Taklinn chuckles. Alright, sure. He picks up his spellbook and stands up.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 11:17 PM
Destro leads the way out of the study and down the hall. When he comes to a dead end he shifts one of the books on a nearby shelf to one side. A grinding noise comes from the bookcase and it revolves into the wall. A set of stairs is revealed behind it. Destro walks up. The stairs go all the way up through the house, with an opening only once for the upstairs hall. Destro emerges on the roof and surveys the surrounding area.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 11:18 PM
Taklinn follows, almost tripping on the bottum step. He looks around at the Town from a few stories up. Wow.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 11:22 PM
Destro sits on a chair that has risen up from the top of the roof. Great view isn't it? one of the reasons I picked this spot. He mumbles something about lawns and maintenence and then turns to look at Taklinn. This is a fairly short ranged spell. I suggest you pick something fairly close by to shoot at. He points to a tree that rises up only 20 feet from where he is sitting. How bout that?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 11:24 PM
Taklinn nods and looks in his book for the right page. He casts the spell, and a tiny blob of lime green liquid fires like a bullet out from his hand, melting a small piece of bark and a confused tree spider.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 11:28 PM
((W00t! confused spider!))
Good. Just transmutation and illusion then. Which of those do you want to try? He pulls a crossbow bolt from one of his pockets.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 11:30 PM
Why not transmutation? That sounds cool.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 11:31 PM
All right. There's a spell called mending in there. He snaps the bolt in half. Try using it to fix this.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 11:34 PM
Taklinn casts the spell after reading the description in his book. The bolt glows at the snapped ends and slowly fuses itself back together.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 11:38 PM
That only leaves illusion. I can't help you much with that. The only spell is called ghost sound.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 11:39 PM
I can see that spooking small children. Sounds fun. He smiles briefly, but adds a 'just kidding' expression.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 11:43 PM
That it could. Useful if you need a distraction though. You'll need a piece of wool or some wax for it though. You can find both of those in the pouch.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 11:55 PM
Taklinn takes a little clump of white wax out of his pouch. He opens his spellbook, flipping to a page marked Ghost Sound. He notices for the first time he hasnt eaten all day...

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-20, 11:58 PM
Was that the spell or your stomach?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-20, 11:59 PM
Stomach, I havent cast the spell yet.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-21, 12:04 AM
Ah. Destro produces a scroll of summon trout. He mumbles at it and it turns into a trout. He presses an extremely small firebead into the trout. There is a flash of fire, and the trout is cooked instantly. Destro removes the bones with another spell and hands Taklinn the still smoking trout. He then produces an ebony wand and summons a plate of brownies.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-21, 12:08 AM
Ooo flashy. He hungrily devours the trout, thankful for food at all. After a minute or two, he starts on the brownies. He downs a total of 4 or 5 before stopping.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-21, 12:09 AM
Destro looks rather proud of his trout summoning. You ready to try ghost sound now? Destro takes one of the brownies and begins to eat it.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-21, 12:10 AM
*buuurp* Apologies. Sure. He gets up and casts the spell. Moments later a faint rattling noise can be heard from nowhere.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-21, 12:14 AM
Excellent. That covers everything then. If you'd like to choose your next six spells I think we can move on.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-21, 12:15 AM
Wow, so does that mean I gain a caster level? ;D ((I refuse, on moral grounds, to say anything regarding breaking the Fourth Wall.

...

Aw, nuts.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-21, 12:19 AM
((Not really. All the spells I've mentioned so far have been 0 level spells. Taklinn still needs to choose first level spells, of which a first level wizard gets 4+intelligence bonus, which in this case is 2, for a total of six spells.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-21, 12:51 AM
Destro pulls out a spellbook and begins reading spell descriptions out of it, hoping one of them will catch Taklinn's interest.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-21, 12:52 AM
((Okay.))

New spells? Oh, cool. And I get 6? So...

Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Burning Hands, Sleep, Expeditious Retreat, and Disguise Self.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-21, 12:58 AM
Good choices. That's a very all-around set of spells. Destro passes Taklinn a pot of Ink, a pen, and one of his spellbooks. You can copy them out of that. I don't have disguise self in there, but.. He produces a book entitled: All about Illusions. It should be in there.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-21, 12:59 AM
Taklinn takes the ink and pen and quickly but carefully scribes them into his spellbook. He looks up Diguise Self and writes that down too.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-21, 01:01 AM
Destro takes his spellbook back and puts it into his backpack. We can work on those new spells tommorrow. For now, lets just go back to Trog's. You can keep the illusion book. I can't use it for much other than finding out what things do.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-21, 01:02 AM
Taklinn smiles. Thank you.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-21, 01:05 AM
Hold onto my arm. I'm going to teleport us.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-21, 01:13 AM
Taklinn does so, putting his book back.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-21, 01:16 AM
Destro concentrates for a moment, and he and Taklinn vanish.

((Teleported to Trog's.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-21, 03:01 AM
Destro and mirror Destro materialise inside the house. Destro takes a moment to explain the rules to mirror Destro, and then goes to sleep.

((Goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 02:02 AM
Both Destros again appear on the houses roof. Destro climbs down through the floor and goes out of sight for a moment. Shortly afterwards, he climbs back up and hands something sword shaped to mirror Destro, who still hasn't moved. The cry of Sword! can be heard even from the ground. Destro winces and climbs back through the floor. No lights come on, and after a while mirror Destro goes inside as well, still admiring his new sword.

((Goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:06 PM
Destro walks up to his house. His rope has the door opened shortly, and he begins to climb.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:07 PM
Taklinn climbs up the rope ladder with very little difficulty, however almost slipping halfway up.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:11 PM
The rope curls itself once Taklinn is up and Destro stows it in his backpack. He heads down the hall a short distance and opens one of the side doors. He goes inside.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:12 PM
Following his master, Taklinn thinks about whether he really wants a mouse familiar. He decides he does.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:15 PM
The room is large, although it contains nothing but a unbroken circle with runes carved around it sunken into the floor. Destro is standing slightly to the left of the circle when Taklinn enters.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:16 PM
Simple. I like it.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:23 PM
Yes, I like it too. I can tell you it wouldn't have been pretty engraving the floor without magic though. Wait here for a moment. Destro leaves the room, and when he comes back is carrying a large jar. He opens the jar, and pours some of the blue liquid inside into the circle on the floor. The engraved runes fill up with the blue liquid and as they do so they begin to glow, and are soon too bright to look at directly. Destro puts the jar just outside the door and turns back to Taklinn. You ready?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:24 PM
Er, yeah. So I just stand inside it and...?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:26 PM
Actually, you stand just outside it. I'll walk you through the process.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:27 PM
Ohhh okay. It binds the familiar to you instead of binding you to it... forgot about that.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:30 PM
With familiars it sort of works both ways. It's just that if you go inside, you won't be able to get back out. Now, sit here. Destro indicates a portion of the floor, which rises up and becomes fairly chair-like.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:30 PM
Taklinn nervously sits down where told to.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:34 PM
Ok, now let me see. It's been so long since I bound Hrafn... Destro takes out a book and flips through it. Found it. ok umm, try and find a mouse. The chair will help you concentrate.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:36 PM
Taklinn closes his eyes and searches mentally for a wild mouse. He finds a white one with tan patches of fur, busily washing itself by a tree, not very far away. Found one.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:38 PM
Ok, now concentrate on willing the mouse to be in the circle.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:39 PM
Taklinn concentrates. In the mouse's primitive mind, it has a sudden urge to go into a glowing circle.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:41 PM
The circle switches from glowing blue to glowing green. It grows briefly in intensity, then switches back to blue. Sitting in the center is a very confused looking mouse.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:42 PM
Taklinn opens his eyes. Awww... its a cute little guy.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:45 PM
The mouse squeaks, and tries to move around in the circle. It accidently runs into the holding spell at the edge of the circle and bounces back. It sits down again and looks around nervously. Ok. you have a mouse. Now you have to talk to it.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:46 PM
What am I supposed to say to it? In Common?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:49 PM
Ask it if it wants to be your familiar. Describe what that entails, and wait for the reply. It doesn't matter what language you talk in, the circle will make it understand. Elven might be better though. Elves are generally nice to small furry things.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:52 PM
Taklinn gives Destro an odd look, but turns his attention back to the mouse.

[Elvish] Erm, hello. My name is Taklinn. I've summoned you here because I wish to extend an offer to you. He pauses. I wish to offer you the chance to be my familiar. Naturally, this is a hard decision, and thus you will be given time to think about it. What this means is that you will be given unnatural intelligence, and the ability to speak any languages I can, namely common, elvish, and draconic. This also means we will have to work together to accomplish tasks, and your presence will help with spellcasting abilities. Taklinn probably shouldnt have lied with that last bit.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:56 PM
The mouse looks up at Taklinn. It stops trying to hide, as what he is saying processes through its tiny mind. Several minutes pass. It squeaks again, and its voice reverbates inside his head. Just two words: I accept.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:57 PM
Taklinn smiles, obviously happy. He turns to Destro to see what the next phase is.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-22, 11:58 PM
Detsro remains standing next to the circle. What did it say?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:58 PM
He said yes.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:03 AM
In that case... Destro pushes one of the bricks in the wall. It slides in slightly, then resets. The circle slowly empties of the glowing blue fluid. Now then. Destro pulls out his book again. You've asked, and it has accepted. So all that remains is the actual binding. Erm, I can't help you with this one. The binding is unique for each wizard and each animal.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:03 AM
Uh huh. So I assume this where the magic actually becomes involved, yes?

...

Unique? So... how do I know what to do, then?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:05 AM
Yes. Try and reach out to the mouse. It's not any specific spell, just the use of magical energy to bind two creatures. He smiles at the question. You will know.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:06 AM
Taklinn hesitates momentarily, but touches the mouses mind with his own.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:08 AM
The mouse looks at Taklinn. It doesn't seem to be afraid, and he can hear its thoughts inside his head.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:09 AM
Unsure of the next step, Taklinn hesitates.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:11 AM
The mouse sits and looks expectant. Remember. Release of magical energy. Destro's voice sounds far away.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:13 AM
Taklinn pours arcane energy into the mouses mind, hoping it doesnt overwhelm or harm him.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:16 AM
The mouses mind retreats, though it remains. Destro's voice snaps back to a few feet away. I think that was it. It sounds confusing at first, but it usually really isn't. He laughs. I didn't help much with my cryptic babbling did I?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:16 AM
Surprisingly little, but yeah. He watches the mouse.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:19 AM
The mouse runs up Taklinns leg and sits on his knee, looking at him. ((You get control of the mouse now. It's your familiar after all)) Destro looks at it. I don't believe we're going to need this room anymore for now.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:21 AM
Uh huh. So, he can talk now, and such?

A high yet small, squeaky voice sounds. Yup.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:22 AM
I'd say so. What do you want to do now?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:23 AM
Uhh, name him? Hey, its a her. I thought humans were smarter.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:26 AM
Chances are she already has a name. Hrafns was hard to pronounce for anyone who can't speak raven, so I gave him a second name.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:27 AM
Uh-huh... so, whats your name? Qui. Short, sweet, simple.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:29 AM
What now? I'm open to suggestions. I don't have anything prepeared to teach you today.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:30 AM
Taklinn shrugs. Doesnt really matter. I'm open as well.

Well *I* need to finish grooming my fur. I was in the middle of it when you rudely interrupted me. Qui proceeds to wash herself like all rodents do.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:32 AM
We could always get Oskars reaction to illusion spells.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:33 AM
Taklinn grins. Yeah, but he only sleeps once a week... and he did that like two days ago.

Who's Oskar?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:38 AM
Wierd. I suppose I'm not used to getting less than the required eight hours sleep.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:39 AM
Eh, he says it's a 'useful trait' he's 'aquired' over the years. He says it lessens the chance of being snuck up on. Pardon the language, but who the hell is Oskar?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:42 AM
I usually just get Hrafn to watch. He doesn't sleep anyways, and he likes feeling useful. He looks at the mouse. Oskar is Taklinn's brother.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:43 AM
Ah, okay. I hate to feel like I'm being ignored.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 12:48 AM
Destro nods to the mouse. Why don't we all go to Trogs? He leaves the house.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 12:49 AM
Sounds like a plan. Trog's? Huh? I'll explain on the way. Taklinn and Qui exit the house after Destro.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-23, 01:16 AM
Destro and Mirror Destro appear on the roof. They both go inside. A light goes on for a short time, then goes off again.

((goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 01:20 AM
Destro appears, Hrafn perched on his shoulder. He climbs up the rope into his house. Lights go on, then off.

((Goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-25, 02:11 AM
Destro materializes inside his house. All the lights are off. He puts on a small lamp next to his desk and sits down. Hrafn is sitting above his door asleep. Destro takes out some parchment and his silver quill and begins designing Taklinns test. He works for a long time, then turns off the lamp and goes to bed.

((Goodnight))

The_Froobyone
2006-08-25, 08:00 PM
Gerzok enters. Hello, Perhaps you would like to do a job for me.
pulls out poster advertising the beholders pub
I need 200 copies of this.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-25, 08:22 PM
Hrafn is sitting inside when Gerzok enters. That should be well within our capabilities. He takes the poster and leaves it on Destro's desk with a note saying they want 200 copies.

The_Froobyone
2006-08-25, 08:32 PM
walks out
I'll be back tomorrow ok he says over his shoulder

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-25, 08:33 PM
Hrafn nods and flies out the window.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-26, 04:11 AM
Destro and Hrafn appear inside the house. Destro pulls out his silver quill and sets to work on the posters on his desk. He works till he has them finished, then goes to sleep.

The_Froobyone
2006-08-26, 09:53 PM
Gerzok enters, placing a small sack of gold coins on the table before taking the posters and leaving.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-27, 04:03 PM
Destro takes the sack of coins and puts it in a pocket. He climbs out of his house and walks towards Trogs.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-27, 09:26 PM
Destro climbs up into his house. There are a few minor explosions, then nothing. A short while later a small box comes sailing out one of the windows and smashes on the road.

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-28, 05:54 PM
Loren looked up at Destro's house, a piece of paper in her hand. She walked over to the sign and struck the hammer against the gong. Then she waited.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-28, 05:57 PM
Hrafn flies down from the window. Hello.
((Hrafn is a raven))

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-28, 06:07 PM
Hello, Loren replied. Is Destro in? I need maybe one hundred copies of this. She showed the raven the piece of paper she had been holding:
http://www.geocities.com/sjunderw/YMFlyer.gif

AmberVael
2006-08-28, 06:10 PM
((Yeah, thats right. Bask in the glory of my most highly amusing flyer. Make it over and over again!))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-28, 06:10 PM
((Awesome))
One moment please. Hrafn turns his head sideways and blinks. A second later Destro pops into existence next to Loren. Hello. I am Destro. What can I do for you?

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-28, 06:17 PM
((I intend to, Faceninja. *And thank you for reminding me; I need to give you credit every time I post its awesomeness))

I'm Loren. *I need about 200, maybe 300 copies of this, she said, having changed her number after reconsidering it for a second, and held up the flyer again for Destro to see.
http://www.geocities.com/sjunderw/YMFlyer.gif
(flyer designed by Faceninja)

((^for practice))

AmberVael
2006-08-28, 06:34 PM
((Muwahaha! I will take over the world as everyone chants my name whenever they use a banner or an avatar! I am so very, very humble and powerful! ;)))
The Master of Sound literally hops in, and then walks nervously up to the office.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-28, 06:36 PM
Allright. That comes to... Destro thinks a moment. 30 gold. Noticing the master. Hello.

AmberVael
2006-08-28, 06:40 PM
The Master jumps in surprise at finding someone talking to him
The squirrels! They must be after me!
He looks for a place to hide.

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-28, 06:45 PM
Loren was quite surprised that it was so cheap. *She had been expecting something like a gold piece per copy. *Nevertheless, she pulled four platinum pieces out of her pocket, one as a tip, and handed them and the paper to Destro. *When should I return to pick these up? she asked.

((Wait a minute. Master of sound is in the office, but aren't we still outside?))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-28, 06:50 PM
Destro takes the platinum. Come back in a few hours. They will be done by then. He looks at the Master. There are no squirrels here.
((I was assuming he was outside. The house is floating 40 feet of the ground, so it would take more than a hop to get in.))

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-28, 06:57 PM
Loren said, Thank you, I will be back then. She turned and walked away, giving the Master a sideways glance.

AmberVael
2006-08-28, 07:04 PM
((Then assume you are quite confused as to how he got in. ;D))
Oh no, the squirrels are everywhere. The burrow into your thoughts and wriggle through time! He waggles his fingers oddly.
_________________________
After a time the Master mutters to himself.
Thats it! I'll make a break for it!
He runs and leaps out the door and falls to the ground, hard. Somehow he manages to get up without any broken bones.
Hehe, I sure fooled them!
He runs off into the streets.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-28, 08:10 PM
((No kidding))
Destro leaves his house a short while later carrying a stack of flyers under one arm. Hrafn is perched on his shoulder.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-29, 01:52 AM
Destro, Hrafn and the skeleton climb up to the house. Destro turns on some lights and begins working on something. The lights go off and the house is silent.

((goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-29, 05:41 PM
Destro steps through a door into his study.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-29, 05:44 PM
Oskar follows through the magical door, not feeling dizzy like he usually does when he teleports.

Now... about last night.

What the hell was with the Zone of Truth ****? If someone has a secret, they have the right to keep it, unless it endangers someone.

I have chapters in my story I'd rather keep quiet about. I have too many regrets about them to go babbling on about them in public. Story about my travels; thats fine. My personal life; hell no.

So, if you want to keep your internal organs, you'll not do stuff like that again to me.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-29, 05:48 PM
Personal curiosity. I don't often do things like that, and I'm not going to be telling anyone about your answer anytime soon. I do know something you might be interested in hearing though. Destro sits down at his desk and pours himself a fireamber.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-29, 05:49 PM
Rolling his eyes, Oskar leans against the wall behind him. And what is that?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-29, 05:53 PM
Destro sips the fireamber. You remember I said that you can't escape your memories? It made me think. Memories are what make us who we are. Without individual experience we'd all be the same. There are some things even I'd like to forget though. Destro looks at his desk. So I decided to try. He gestures to the calculations he was doing when Oskar walked into Trogs. I was working on something. If you want, I'll make you one as well. He takes a small crystal cube out of his pocket.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-29, 05:55 PM
...and what is that?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-29, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure what to call it yet. It's merely something I invented. He looks at the cube. Just watch. He begins reading off the spell written on the piece of parchment. The crystal cube glows briefly, the becomes regular crystal again. Destro stares at it. In the inside of the cube, a single strand of darkness appears, floating as if in water.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-29, 06:05 PM
And this will help, how?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-29, 06:07 PM
Destro points at the cube. See the dark thing inside it? that's a memory. Bad one by the looks of it, though I can't recall what it was.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-29, 06:12 PM
Are you proposing to wipe the memory from my mind, or wipe it from all who heard it last night?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-29, 06:15 PM
Not the memory you may be thinking of. It was only me and Indurain there, and both of us agreed not to tell. I'm just saying that if you ever need to escape from a memory you now can. He stares at the cube again and the memory floating in it dissappears. Gods! now I know why I put that in there. He hastily concentrates and the memory re-appears in the cube.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-29, 06:17 PM
Riiiight. But the fact remains it was told... by the way, did you get Fenric to swear by that, too? I told him a while ago in the hopes it would help me get over it... it didnt.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-29, 06:20 PM
I don't know everything, as much as I would like to. I didn't know you had told Fenric. He passes Oskar the cube. It's yours if you want it.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-29, 06:21 PM
Oskar refuses to take the cube and walks over to where the Dimension Door was. ((Is it still there?))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-29, 06:24 PM
((yes))
Destro shakes his head and follows him through the door, leaving the cube on his desk.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-30, 01:47 AM
Destro climbs into his house and goes into his study. He looks at the cube on his desk and smiles. I don't think I'm going to be needing you after all. He puts the cube on a shelf and takes down a small leather bound book. It is very old. On the pages are several flat illusions designed to look like scenes from the past. There are some of a smiling young woman with fair hair, and some of a tall man holding an axe. One shows them standing next to a much younger looking Destro. He falls asleep with a smile on his face.

((Goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-31, 01:13 AM
Destro pops into existance in the entrance hall.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-31, 01:15 AM
Taklinn appears in the same manner. Qui jumps out of his pocket and onto the floor.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-31, 01:16 AM
Your room is just down here. Destro walks down the hallway.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-31, 01:18 AM
Taklinn goes where Destro told him too, hoping to find more than a lumpy mattress and a sheet of hardened leather.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-31, 01:24 AM
The room is stone, but there is a fireplace on one wall. Several bookshelves are pushed up against the wall opposite the fireplace. There is a bed that looks vageuly couch-like, upon which is a mattress and several white sheets. A pillow is also on the bed. Destro looks in. I've left most of it the way it was, though I did polymorph the couch. food's in the room across from this one, or I could teach you summon trout. The tindertwigs for lighting the fire are in the box on top of it. I didn't have any spare blankts, so the mattress and sheets will have to do. If you need somewhere to put something I'll bring down a table and drawers.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-31, 01:26 AM
Taklinn looks around. Thank you... thank you very much. He thinks for a moment. Master. He goes over and inspects the bookshelf. After a while, he says goodnight and flops down on the makeshift mattress, snoring within minutes.

((Have to go... you may or may not expect a new NPC tomarrow. I hope he wont have too many loopholes.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-31, 01:31 AM
The bookshelf, like most of the rest in the house, is filled with various books on magical theory. There are also some that have nothing to do with magic, and are for entertainement. All the books are written in common. Not a problem. Just remember: if it looks dangerous, don't touch it. most of the dangerous stuff is in my room or the workshop, just to let you know. Also, don't mind the runic guardians. They won't hurt you. I'll see you tommorrow. If you want to go somewhere there's a spare rope in the cabinet by the main exit. Destro walks off down the hall and vanishes.

((ok.))
((goodnight all.))

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-31, 08:24 PM
Taklinn wakes up and yawns. It takes him a while to remember where he is. He rubs his eye while he opens a window. And jumps out. Unfortunately, he forgot they were 40 feet in the air.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa....

AmberVael
2006-08-31, 08:27 PM
((Ouch))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-31, 08:29 PM
((note to self - lock Taklinn's windows))
((Back))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-01, 02:21 AM
Destro pops into existence in his study. He takes out a large stack of parchment, a map, a blank parchment and a silver quill. He starts planning something out. When he is finished he goes off to sleep.

((goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-02, 02:46 AM
Destro pops into existence in his study. He leaves all his parchments on the desk and goes into the workshop. Explosions ensue, as well as the ocasional curse. After a while the light goes out and Destro heads off to bed.

((goodnight))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:14 AM
Destro pops into existence in his study.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 12:14 AM
...along with Earin and Elya.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 12:15 AM
...and Oskar, holding his DLB.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 12:16 AM
Earin pulls out his portable hole and places it on the floor. The gold gleams in the light.

Raistlin1040
2006-09-04, 12:16 AM
And Ekrath without his Funky llama.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 12:17 AM
Oskar takes out his bag of holding and dumps out all of the gold without a black cross on it.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 12:17 AM
((Sad trumpet noise for Ekrath. Waa, waa, waaaa...))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:17 AM
((Assume Cathrindir is here as well. He wouldn't want to miss out on the money.))

Raistlin1040
2006-09-04, 12:19 AM
(( :D exactly. He didn't even (sniff) get to drink it all (sniff) ))

If you're interested I have a quest for tommorow.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 12:19 AM
((Everyone should get 11,800 gp.))
Elya begins dividing the coins into piles.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:20 AM
I'll might be. Do you like fireamber? Destro eyes the gold.

Raistlin1040
2006-09-04, 12:21 AM
It would pay a good amount I'd guess. Yes I do

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 12:21 AM
Oskar looks at the gold longingly.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:22 AM
Destro takes a bottle of fireamber out of his backpack. He takes a glass off one of the shelves and pours some into it. He passes the glass to Ekrath.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 12:23 AM
After dividing the piles equally, Elya takes a pile for herself and Earin takes another.

Raistlin1040
2006-09-04, 12:24 AM
Thanks! Ekrath chugs the glass. Looks like an elf, drinks like a dwarf as my brother used to say

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:25 AM
No problem. Destro puts one of the piles into a pocket.
((through the course of this he's stuffed several thousand gp, a pile of books, several large magic items, several small magic items and several variously sized art objects into his pockets.))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 12:26 AM
Oskar reaches for a pile and puts it all in his bag of holding. The bag is extremely full, now.

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 12:27 AM
((Destro must have Curse of Monkey Island pockets. :o))
Elya yawns, and Earin puts an arm around her.
"Its getting late, I think we had best retire. Good night everyone."
Elya waves and yawns again as Earin teleports them away.
((Good night.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:30 AM
((Yeah. That's not counting the tons of crap he already had in them.))
so. What might this adventure entail Ekrath?

Raistlin1040
2006-09-04, 12:32 AM
Stuffs loot in pockets. So I'll be looking for a party at trogs tommorow. Come if you want.

Well the high preistess is unhappy with Scath and Bri'el for their failure to kill me. She and a small army of drow and driders are going to attack tommorow. Scath and Bri'el are going to be their also. The plan is to take them out fast.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 12:32 AM
Yeah... what is it?

AmberVael
2006-09-04, 12:33 AM
((One last thing:
"I am Murry! The DEMONIC TALKING SKULL!"
"So how did you get up there?"
"Through sheer force of will!"
"Uh huh..."
"Alright alright, it was those damn voodoo kids.))
((And now, really good night))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 12:35 AM
Yeah... I'm not dumb enough to take on a whole army. Even if it is small. He goes over to a window and opens it. I bid you adieu- Oh crap. He notices they're 40 feet in the air, and quickly closes the window.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:35 AM
Sounds like fun.

Raistlin1040
2006-09-04, 12:36 AM
There might even be a demon or two. Who knows?

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:40 AM
Destro grins. I might get to use my blockbuster bomb. Who knows?

Raistlin1040
2006-09-04, 12:42 AM
So...you in?

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:42 AM
Probably. We'll see if I'm there at the right time. Oh, and Oskar? theres a rope by the front door. You can use that to leave if you want.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 12:43 AM
Blockbuster Bomb?

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:44 AM
Destro takes out the firebead studded jar. This is a blockbuster bomb.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 12:44 AM
He whistles. Holy ****... ((Lykan would love that thing...))

Raistlin1040
2006-09-04, 12:46 AM
Yeah well maybe I'll see you at the tavern. Ekrath climbs down the rope and dissapears. He then climbs back up. Acually I don't have a room. Can I stay here?

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:46 AM
((No doubt. Think I should tell him about it?))
There are a good two hundred firebeads in this. Plus the ones on it, plus the six spellbombs in it. When this goes off there's going to be one heck of a bang. He looks at Ekrath. If you want. Taklinns got the only spare room but you can always sleep on the couch in the entrance hall.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 12:47 AM
((If you want to.))

I am so gonna be there when it goes off... actually, I think i'll see it no matter where I am.

He tips his imaginary hat and leaves the house using the rope.

Raistlin1040
2006-09-04, 12:48 AM
Thanks. Ekrath goes and falls asleep on couch

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 12:48 AM
Destro laughs. No doubt you will. I'm going to have so much fun setting this off.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-04, 01:23 AM
Destro walks down the hall and goes into his workshop. He activates a silence spell and starts working on a nimblewright. After a while he goes to sleep.
((goodnight))

Raistlin1040
2006-09-04, 11:29 AM
Ekrath wakes up, leaves a few coins on the table and climbs down the rope.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-05, 02:38 AM
Destro pops into existence in his house. He picks up the coins and heads for the workshop. There is the sound of chanting, which quickly stops. Destro leans out the window and looks at the sky. Stupid uncooperative weather. He pulls out a scroll and reads it, then looks at the sky again. It imediately begins to rain over his house only. Lightning flashes. That's better. Much more dramatic. He pulls his head inside and a few explosions are heard. Lightning strikes again, and Destro's voice can be heard even over the rain. It's... It's ALIVE! Maniacal laughter follows, and he sticks his head out the window again. The rain and lightning stop. I always did like dramatic lighting effects... He pulls his head inside again and the light goes off. Destro goes off to sleep.
((Goodnight))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-05, 02:42 AM
((;D))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-06, 12:57 AM
Destro pops into existence on his roof. He shoots lightning bolts at random objects for a while, then goes to sleep.
((goodnight))