PDA

View Full Version : Kenyon's Dead-Eye Gunnery Shop and Shooting Range

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kenyon
2006-10-05, 11:13 PM
Formerly an old blacksmiths, this shop near the docks is where Kenyon currently hocks his wares, not to mention where he rests. A simple shop front, the Dead-Eye has a large smithing room in the back, where all of Kenyon's weaponry and tools are hand-made for his customer's use.

Behind the building is an expansive shooting range, where Kenyon provides paying customers the chance to test out their new equipment on non-living targets.

Theft and robbery is highly discouraged at the Dead-Eye, as robbing a gun shop is NEVER a good idea. (http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1993-06.html)

The Dead-Eye currently sells ranged, gunpowder-based weaponry based of his local military design, as well as those provided by ex-Machine God, Mechanus. However, check back often, as the inventory will expand with any new ideas Kenyon can come up with!

Special Sales:

None at this time! Check back soon!

Items for Sale:

Weapons

All standard weaponry has a build time of 3-5 days. Custom-made weaponry can take longer, depending on the complexity of the task.

Sarundian Blunderbuss: 2,500 GP

The medium-to-close range weapon of the Sarundian army. A simple, cheap, and effective weapon against those who refuse to get out of your personal space!

Not compatible with Elemental Shot designs.
Not compatible with Clip upgrade.
Compatible with the Scope upgrade, but seriously, why would you need it?

Sarundian Flintlock Pistol: 5,000 GP

A single-shot pistol, for those who like the close-range style of the blunderbuss, but don't like it's bulky style.

Elemental Shot Upgrade - Allows the weapon to utilize Kenyon's special Elemental Shots: 2,500 GP

Not compatible with the Clip upgrade
Not compatible with the Scope upgrade

Sarundian Musket: 8,000 GP

The weapon of choice for Sarundian infantry! Designed for medium-to-long range encounters, the muskets also come standard with an attachable bayonet and steel-reinforced stock for those who get up close and personal!

Elemental Shot Upgrade - Allows the weapon to utilize Kenyon's special Elemental Shots: 2,500 GP

Not compatible with the Clip upgrade, due to a design flaw in the Rifle. Kenyon is currently working on this!

Scope Upgrade - With this handy scope, you'll be able to see the whites of your enemy's eyes long before he can see yours! Recommended for aspiring marksmen: 3,000 GP

Sarundian Rifle: 10,000 GP

A design similar to the Musket, but with a rifled barrel, allowing for much greater accuracy and range. Unlike previously mentioned weaponry, all rifles are custom-made, and can take upwards to two weeks to manufacture.

Clip Upgrade - This allows the weapon to be equipped with a small magazine of several rounds, best known as a clip. Great for firing several rounds in a short period of time! Warning, firing quickly may lead to loss in accuracy: 5,000 GP

Scope Upgrade - With this handy scope, you'll be able to see the whites of your enemy's eyes long before he can see yours! Recommended for aspiring marksmen: 3,000 GP

Mechanical Pistol: 20,000 GP

A special design on the classic pistol, based off designs by Mechanus, the former Machine God! With greater range and ease of use compared to the standard flintlock pistol, this is the weapon of choice for those keeping on the cusp of weapons technology! All Mechanical pistols are custom-made.

Clip Upgrade - This allows the weapon to be equipped with a small magazine of several rounds, best known as a clip. Great for firing several rounds in a short period of time! Warning, firing quickly may lead to loss in accuracy: Comes included!

Dead-Eye: 35,000 GP

The pinnacle of Sarundian rifle technology, and the namesake of the shop! Based of the design of Kenyon's own rifle, the legendary Soulstriker, Dead-Eye currently has the greatest range and accuracy of any of the weapons he currently sells, and by using special styles of rifling taught to Kenyon by his father, has amazing firing durability for having a standard steel barrel. All Dead-Eyes are custom-made.

Clip Upgrade - This allows the weapon to be equipped with a small magazine of several rounds, best known as a clip. Great for firing several rounds in a short period of time! Warning, firing quickly may lead to loss in accuracy: 5,000 GP

Equipment

Coming Soon!

Misc.

Kenyon's Tri-Goggles: 750 GP

A special design by Kenyon, one of his very first inventions! A special type of goggles made from leather provided by local merchants, the Tri-Goggles have three special lenses you can click in between with a dial on the side:

1. Normal lenses, great for eye protection.
2. Shaded lenses, for protection against the sun.
3. Magnifying lenses, excellent for inspecting small objects.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-06, 03:46 AM
Attracted by the noise, the red thing lands outside and reads the sign

"A blacksmith, that's not likely to cause any problems"

It make a series of exploding sounds

"Yeah right, in this Town"

And flys off

Arcamidis
2006-10-08, 07:52 PM
Arcamidis walks by remembering the forges and blacksmiths from growing up in his dwarven city. He stops by to see if any of his wizard/blacksmithing skills would be useful.

Xerillum
2006-10-08, 07:59 PM
Xerillum passes by, conjures a banana, and chucks it at the foreman, laughing.

Kenyon
2006-10-08, 09:58 PM
Those nearby hear the sounds of manual labor, not to mention the cursing, stop. Instead, the constant sound off wood etching can be heard.

[hr]

Kenyon steps out, holding a large sign, reading "Dead-Eye Gunnery Shop and Shooting Range". Carrying it over to the front of the shop, he carefully nails the sign over the door.

"Well, I certainly hope this place gets some customers!"

He attaches a note to the door, reading:

Out for the moment!

Please leave all order requests in writing under the door!

With that, he re-enters the Town for the first time in a couple of days.

Kenyon
2006-10-08, 11:51 PM
Kenyon walks back to his store, and pulls his note off the door. Once he gets inside, he checks for any orders that may have come in, since he was out. Sadly, no such luck.

He makes his way to the back of the shop to his sleeping quarters, and hits the sack.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-10-09, 12:15 PM
*Death leaves an unsigned note with 20,000 gp. The note details that he would like them to be donated to a charity orginisation known as the shack. It states that this is not the shack with the mafia in it. And they shouldn't be deposited under the name poddles.*

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-09, 12:35 PM
((Cool. Future Destro should show up here. He'd appreciate a gun shop.))

Kenyon
2006-10-09, 02:57 PM
Kenyon wakes up, and heads for the front of the shop. He sees a small note under the door, and cheers. His first order!

Looking over his first order, he looks a little confused. Despite leaving a decent sum of money, the customer seems to have forgotten to tell Kenyon WHAT he wanted.

Seeing that the likely choices are either for a Blunderbuss or a Musket, Kenyon pulls out the molds for both, and hopes the customer comes by some time, and notifies him of which item he wanted.

Kenyon
2006-10-09, 11:22 PM
Kenyon walks back to his shop, and puts up a sign, saying "Ring Bell for Service". However, he forgets the bell.

Deciding to kill two birds with one stone, he gets to work on the muskets and blunderbusses (blunderbii?), since having a few guns in inventory wouldn't be a bad idea.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-09, 11:30 PM
Something shimmers just outside the door to the shop. A tall man wearing a full suit of olive drab body armour steps out of it and fiddles with the metal armband he's wearing over his armour. He sighs, and then looks around, the gold faceplate on his armour reflecting his surroundings. He sees Kenyon's gunshop and fixes his attention on it. Guns? Here? Never suspected that. He knocks on the door. After not getting an answer for a while he sits down outside and fiddles with his armband again. A protective bubble encases him and he falls asleep.

((I'll continue this next time we're both online.))

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-10-10, 08:50 AM
((oh, sorry, I was going for four Blunderbuss, but two Blunderbuss's and a musket would make sense ;)))

*Death sneaks in, sneakily and leaves another note percifying exactly what he wanted*

Kenyon
2006-10-10, 05:37 PM
Kenyon comes up to the front of the shop, bleary-eyed, having been working on the guns all night. He picks up the new note, and sighs with relief.

"Well, I'm certainly glad I decided to work on BOTH guns."

Stepping outside, Kenyon shoots an odd glance to the man in the bubble. Deciding that such things are best left alone, he makes sure his sign is still up and easy to see, then grabs a random NPC, gives him a few gold, and tells him to run to Trog's and pick him up a couple of cases of Archon Ale.

While outside, Kenyon sets up a large sign in his front yard:

Grand Opening Sale!
This week: All purchases made by Gufipolice members 25% off!

[hr]

The random NPC comes back to the shop, carrying two cases of Archon Ale. Kenyon gladly takes them off his hands, and hands him a few gold pieces for his troubles. He then holds out a beer.

"You thirsty?"

The NPC shakes his head.

Kenyon shrugs, opens the bottle, and takes a drink. "Just as well, more for me. You got a name?"

"It's Darryl, sir."

"Don't call me sir, Darryl. You're probably older'n I am." He holds out his hand. "Th'name's Kenyon."

Darryl shakes Kenyon's hand. "It's a pleasure."

Kenyon nods, and takes another drink. "Say, Darryl, you wouldn't happen to have a job right now, would you?"

"Not at the moment, I'm afraid."

"Well, that works out right nicely, then. Darryl, I want you to work for me. Pay's not much at the moment, but it'd be better'n nothin', right?"

Darryl looks a little startled. "W-work for you? What would I be doing?"

"Nothin' dangerous. Probably start you off with beer runs like this, and takin' orders when I'm out of the shop for a spell. Then, once you're up for it, you can help me work on and test out some of my inventions. Sound like fun?"

"Well, yeah, that does sound pretty good! When can I start?"

"Well, if we wanna be technical about it, you already did." Kenyon gestures over to the Archon Ale. "But for now, go ahead and head home, and meet me bright 'n early tomorrow, okay? I'll show you around the store, and get you started!"

Darryl smiles, and shakes Kenyon's hand again. "Alright! Thank you so much si-er, Mr. Kenyon! I won't let you down!" With that, Darryl runs out the store.

Kenyon chuckles, and takes another drink. "I think I made a good choice, there."

Cathrindir
2006-10-10, 06:49 PM
Cathrindir enters, looks around, and seeing that Kenyon is offline isn't in, checks the prices and items for sale and puts a note on the table.

Kenyon,
I'd like to purchase four Sarundian muskets and one Dead-Eye. Please deliver to the Temple of Zamrel as soon as possible. The money is enclosed in the bag of holding to the right of the note.
-Cathrindir
A bag of holding is placed next to the note, with the money inside.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-10, 11:08 PM
The man in the green armour wakes up and deactivates his bubble. He decides to see if anyone's in yet and knocks on the door.

Kenyon
2006-10-10, 11:11 PM
Kenyon comes back from working on the mysterious customer's order, and sees another note and a bag.

"Well, this is a nice turn!"

He pours the money out of the bag, and lets out an impressed whistle.

"I could start gettin' used to this."

He pockets the money, and heads back to the back to start work on a Dead-Eye.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-10, 11:14 PM
The man knocks again.

Kenyon
2006-10-10, 11:21 PM
*CLANG!* "OW! Stupid drawer!"

Kenyon walks back up to the front, holding his head, and opens the door.

"Welcome do Dead-Eye Gunnery Shop, how can I help you?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-10, 11:23 PM
The man in armour stoops to get through the door. Hello. I'd shake your hand, but I don't want to damage it. I was wondering how a gunnery shop came to exist here. From what I've seen guns weren't invented until a much later time period. Light glints off his gold faceplate.

Kenyon
2006-10-10, 11:26 PM
Kenyon looks at the odd armored figure. "Well, I don't know about the area around here, but my people have been using gunpowder and guns for a couple generations, now. Kinda had to."

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-10, 11:29 PM
The man raises an eyebrow. Not that anyone can see him do so. Is that so? Very interesting. You must have been the first in that case. I've never found anywhen before this where gunpowder was readily available. Good thing too. He points at his armband. This seems to have shorted out, and until I can fix it I'm stuck now. Anyways, do you also have electricity?

Kenyon
2006-10-10, 11:32 PM
Kenyon shoots the man a confused look. "Electricity? Can't say I'm followin' you, there."

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-10, 11:36 PM
The mans armoured form slumps a little. Damn. Well in that case I shall need a new weapon. This one's out of juice. He holds up a metal object covered in dials. A few metallic prongs run along the back of it. I'd recharge it from my armour's power plant but I don't have the components to jury rig a connecter.

Kenyon
2006-10-10, 11:41 PM
"Well, a fella like you might wanna see Mechanus. He's probably got somethin' for a fella like you. All I have here is a few rifles."

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-10, 11:43 PM
No, a rifle will be fine for now. How much? I have money from everywhen. The man takes a handful of money from various time periods from a puch on his belt. Visible amongst the various coins are a Spanish Dubloon, a $10 bill and several gold coins with different demoninations stamped on them.

Kenyon
2006-10-10, 11:47 PM
Kenyon points to the inventory board. "Well, everything I'm sellin' at the moment is right there. Anything catch your eye?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-10, 11:52 PM
The man looks towards the board, or at least his helmet turns to face it. Shock. Pistols are expensive here. He turns back towards Kenyon. I'm going to need something accurate at both long and short range, preferably capable of inflicting significant damage. What do you reccomend?

Kenyon
2006-10-10, 11:57 PM
Kenyon thinks for a moment. "Well, most of my weapons go either short-range or long-range, not much that mixes both. If you've got the money for it, I'd strongly advise the Dead-Eye. Best damn rifle you'll find nowadays, save my own."

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-11, 12:01 AM
I definately wouldn't find one anywhen before now. I... the man does a double take at the price of the Dead-eye. HOLY SHOCK! I hope I can afford that... He digs around in his belt pouches for a while. Doesn't look like I've got enough... Wait. he looks up. What kind of currency do you accept?

Kenyon
2006-10-11, 12:07 AM
Kenyon chuckles. "Yeah, that's the thing about bringing new tech to an area, you can make your own prices."

He winks.

"If you need something a little more reasonably priced, you'll proabably want the standard rifle. Not as much range, and doesn't quite have the same punch, but it still makes people dead, as long as you know what you're doin'. We take gold pieces here, or platinum, if you're makn' a big order."

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-11, 12:10 AM
New is relative... Do you take barter? There's a short while ago where they do that. I've aquired some interesting things in my travels. He looks at the small pile of money in front of him. If not I guess I'll have to repair my arband and lightning gun and go treasure hunting.

Kenyon
2006-10-11, 12:14 AM
"Well, I don't barter normally, but I s'pose that if you've got somethin' that piques my interest, I'll trade for it."

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-11, 12:21 AM
Well, let's see what you think of this. The man takes a silver tube out of another beltpouch. He also removes a sleek rifle from a leg holster. He flicks a switch on the side and a blue display flickers to life on the small screen on the back of the barrel guard. The number on it flashes red every so often. It's a 10. Almost out of ammo for this, but you should be able to make more. He flicks the switch again and the display shuts down. He then screws the silver tube onto the barrel and turns the display back on. I'll leave five shots for you to work with. He points the gun at one of the targets on the range and pulls the trigger once. The weapon coughs five times in rapid succession and five holes appear on the target.

Kenyon
2006-10-11, 12:27 AM
Kenyon 'hmm's approvingly at the fancy rifle.

"Well, one rifle for another? I think I can work that."

He heads back to the workshop, and starts digging for the parts he needs for the rifle.

"Well, I don't have any rifles made at the moment, but I've only got a couple of orders ahead of you, so I can probably get yours done by the end of the week. Time won't be a problem for you, I'm assumin'?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-11, 12:30 AM
Not a problem at all. I'll come back in a week. He turns the assault rifle back off and puts it down on the counter. Have fun tinkering with this. He pauses. Oh, and you'll probably need one of these. He puts a screwdriver down next to the rifle.

Kenyon
2006-10-11, 12:32 AM
"Oh, I plan on it."

Kenyon holds up a whole satchel of tools.

"No worries, got my own."

He leads the man back to the front of the store, with a reciept for the rifle.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a wicked game of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade to play got to take care of these other orders before my customers get upset. See you in a few days!"

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-11, 12:37 AM
I shall see you then. The man walks out of the shop. As he goes Kenyon can clearly see "#42: Destro Yersul" Stenciled on the mans shoulder guard.

Kenyon
2006-10-11, 01:03 PM
Kenyon is awoken by a loud knocking sound at the door.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm comin', I'm comin'!"

He opens the door, to see a bright-eyed NPC waiting for him.

"*Yawn*Welcome to Dead-Eye, home of the best rifles this side of Sarundia, what c'n I do ya for?"

"It's me, Mr. Kenyon! Darryl!"

"Darryl? Who the sho-OH! Darryl!" Kenyon's brain finally sparks to life. "Sorry 'bout that, Darryl. You'll have to excuse me, I'm not much of a mornin' person.
C'min, c'min."

He leads Darryl into the shop main. The NPC looks amazed at all the machinery around him.

"So, you ready for your first day on the job?"

"Absolutely! What do you want me to do? Watch the store front? Another beer run?"

"Nope! Somethin' much more important!" Kenyon hands Darryl a fairly large list. "I need a bunch of chemicals for the next product I plan on sellin'. Luckily for me, and you, most of the plants and animals you can get them from seem to be in the woods around here." Darryl is given a bag of holding. "I need YOU to bring back as much of the things on the list as you possibly can. The more you bring back, the more stuff I can sell. The more stuff I sell, the more money you make. Got it?"

Darryl nods. "What are you going to be doing, sir?"

"I've got to finish up my first order today, and get that sent out. If it's done by the time you get back, I may have you deliver it for me. Otherwise, I may check out Trog's. I heard that weird spell thing that was goin' on there is gone for now."

"Now, get goin'! Time is money!"

Darryl runs out the shop door, while Kenyon gets back to work on his orders.

Kenyon
2006-10-11, 09:36 PM
Darryl comes back in with the bag he left with, which is now wriggling slightly.

"Mr. Kenyon? I'm back with the things you requested!"

Kenyon walks back up, covered slightly in gunpowder. "Just in time! I just wrapped up with my first order. You can go deliver it for me." He takes the bag from Darryl, and notices it moving.

"You didn't kill the animals I put on the list?"

"You didn't say to, sir."

"If any of these critters ate each other, I'm gonna stuff YOU in there with them!" He hands Darryl a large case. "Now, this needs to be delivered to the shack out in the woods. Leave this note on the case." He holds out a note marked: "From: poddles"

"If you need me, I'm gonna be over at Trog's. Watch the store after you get back, wouldja?" Kenyon tosses Darryl a key, and the two of them head out the door.

[hr]

Darryl walks back into the shop, and sits behind the counter, waiting for customers.

Kenyon
2006-10-13, 01:04 AM
Kenyon walks back in, looking completely exhausted. He looks up to Darryl.

"Whoo, I've been up too damn long. Anything interestin' while I was out?"

"No, Mr. Kenyon. Just a couple of NPCs ordering the blunderbuss. Other than that, it's been pretty quiet. Are you going to have Mr. Cathrindir's order ready by tomorrow?"

"The muskets, maybe. That Dead-Eye's gonna take another week'r so, though." Kenyon walks into the shop main, and dumps his equipment on a nearby desk. "I'm gonna hit the sack. Lock up when you head out, alright?"

"Yes sir, Mr. Kenyon. Will we be working with those things I got from the forest tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I meant to do that today, but I got distracted. Get here bright 'n early for that, okay?"

"Yes sir. Have a good night!" Darryl heads out of the shop, and locks the door behind him.

Antagonist
2006-10-13, 05:34 AM
An averagely dressed man walks in carrying a bag with 'Magical Warehouse, the enitre DMG under one roof' stencilled on it

Good Morning, I'd like to speak to the owner please

Murky_Pool
2006-10-13, 06:20 AM
((oh look, a double post of sorts))

The red thing lands outside and looks at the sign
"So that's what this turned into" it says and goes inside.

"Good morning" it says to Helwick "Looks like the owner doesn't get up this early either"

Good Morning, you must be the police chief. I had heard that a Horned Devil had taken over

The red thing shows Helwick some teeth
"The old chief retired to pursue a family life" it explains "I was the highest ranking officer so I got the job"

That's better than I had imagined

"I've not met you before" the red thing says, holding a clawed hand out

Helwick Gammodan

The red thing nods and turns to the counter. It puts a peice of paper down and writes a note

To the Owner
I would like to discuss provision of small projectile weapons to the GUFIPOLICE.
Please contact Red Thing or leave a message at the station
Thank you
Red Thing - GUFIPOLICE

It folds the note, seals it with a police seal and put's it on the shelf below the countertop

"I think you'll have a long wait" it tells Helwick and walks out

Kenyon
2006-10-13, 02:58 PM
Darryl walks up to the door of the Dead-Eye, and attempts to open it. He's surprised to notice the door is still locked.

Grabbing the note made by the Red Thing from the wall, he unlocks the door, and makes his way inside.

"Mr. Kenyon? Sir? You alright?"

A loud snore responds from deep in the shop.

"Mr. Kenyon! How can you still be asleep! It's noon!"

"zzzz...but I wanna go to the circus, gramma...zzz..."

Darryl storms to Kenyon's room, shoves him out of his bed, then dumps a bucket of water on him.

"*sputter**cough*What in the nine hells..*ptoooie*DARRYL! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOIN'???"

"What happened to being here 'bright 'n early'? You can't keep sleeping until the middle of the day if you plan on running a successful business!"

"You're one t'talk! If you're so adamant about ME bein' on time, where've YOU been? Why'm I takin' guff from you, anyway? You work for ME! Now git yourself back up front before I have half a mind to fire you! Out of a cannon!"

Darryl jumps at the threat, and makes his way to the storefront, while Kenyon cleans up.

[hr]

Kenyon walks out of the back, fully dressed, and heads for the door.

"I'm gonna hit up Trog's for a bit. When I get back, we'll work on the shots, okay?"

[hr]

Kenyon pokes his head into the store, and whistles for Darryl.

"Darryl! Change of plans! I need you to take those Muskets to the temple! You know where to find it?"

"It's hard to miss it, Mr. Kenyon. Will we be working on the shots when I'm done?"

"Yeah! I just need to stop off at the GUFIPOLICE HQ beforehand. Can't believe they're actually gonna take me up on my sale..."

Darryl grabs a case of muskets, and follows Kenyon out the door.

Kenyon
2006-10-14, 04:08 PM
Kenyon steps into the Dead-Eye, beaten and bloodied. Darryl was out for the day.

"Whoo-wee! That was the best fight I've had in a while. Can't wait to tell the guys at the...tavern.......about.........this..."

Kenyon collapses on the shop floor from exhaustion.

Antagonist
2006-10-14, 09:06 PM
Helwick wakes up with a start
That'll teach me to wash my hands properly, at least the blessing of the God protects me

He looks around and decides to come back another time.

Kenyon
2006-10-15, 01:17 AM
Kenyon groans, and comes to on the shop floor.

Oh man, how long've I been out?"

He gets up, and winces as pain shoots up his left arm.

"Agh! Damn! Musta dislocated my shoulder!"

Finding a nice solid wall, he carefully knocks his joints back in place, and lets out a sharp yell.

"Sweet Santa Maria! I really need to be more careful in my fights!"

After making sure all digits and limbs were present and accounted for, Kenyon dressed his wounds, bandaged them up, and heads out the door.

McBish
2006-10-15, 05:38 PM
McBish runs in. "Hello anyone here!?"
Getting no anwser he runs out again.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-16, 08:04 AM
The red thing walks in, turning sideways to avoid catching it's wings in the doorway

"I'd like to make an order" it says loudly and waits for a response

((Kenyon, is your NPC Darryl an all hours server or do you do the transactions yourself?))

After a while it places an order form on the counter, the following items are marked

Weapons
6 x Mechanus Pistol (clip upgrade included)

Ammunition
3000 units of normal ammunition

Order of Elemental Ammunition to be negotiated when that item is on sale

Extras
I would request a traning session on use, care and maintenance of the weapons for all officers if you offer such a service

It folds the form in half, seals it and leaves the building

Kenyon
2006-10-16, 05:42 PM
((Sorry about the delays, Murky. I've been juggling work and social life so much, the Town hasn't had a lot of room. I'll get this all ironed out once I get home.

As for Darryl, I haven't really decided, but I suppose I should make him all-hours.))

Kenyon
2006-10-17, 02:04 PM
Darryl covers the store front, while a large sheet covers the path to the workshop, with a large sign, reading:

Interrogation in process! No trespassing!

A bandaged man hangs from the rafters by a set of chains on his wrists, his feet dangling a foot off the ground. His captor, Kenyon approaches wheeling in a small cart behind the man.

"So, are you gonna tell me what I want to know?"

"Shock you, hick! I ain't tellin' you nothin'!"

"I was hopin' you'd say that. Y'see, as I'm sure you've found out, I'm not just a gunsmith. I used to be an expert rifleman in the Sarundian military. But not just that..." Kenyon approaches the front of the man, holds a blade less than an inch away from the man's eye, and gives him an evil grin, "I used to be their best interrogator."

Kenyon drops the blade of the weapon in the nearby forge for a short time. "You know, with the metals I'm workin' with here, this forge can get very hot. And that heat does interestin' things to the human body." He pulls the blade out, as it appears white-hot. "It won't hurt at first. It's too hot, you see? The heat sears the nerve endings shut, killin' them. You'll go into shock... and all you'll feel is... cold. Isn't science fun?"

Kenyon walks behind the man, and pulls the lid off the cart. On it are a small block of ice, and a raw steak. He holds the sword with his right hand, and the ice with his left. "So, tell me what I want to know. Why are you people tryin' to kidnap me?"

"Bite me!"

"Wrong answer!" Kenyon jams the ice block into the man's back, and touches the sword on the steak. The smell of charred flesh fills the room. The man starts screaming and squirming around.

"Tell me what I want to know!"

"I don't know nothiAAYIIIIEEE!" Kenyon applies the ice again, as the man lets out an almost womanly scream. He breaks down in tears as Kenyon pulls the ice away. "I'm just a runner, man. They don't tell me anything."

"You led your goons in attempts to kidnap me not once, but twice! 'N you expect me to believe that?" He applies the ice again.

"I, I can't say nothin'! He'll kill me if I rat him out!"

"WHO? WHO WILL?"

"I CAN'T SAY!"

"LIAR!" He places the sword flat side down on the steak, filling the room with smoke. "Doesn't look too good back here. I'll be surprised if you can actually sit down any time in the next month. Now, tell me what I want to know, or I'm going to start workin' on the front."

The man whimpers slightly. Kenyon smiles. He knows he's hit a button.

"Yeah, don't worry. It won't hurt too much. The sword's so hot it'll cauterize the wound before it even starts bleedin'! Of course, you'll have a hard time takin' a le-"

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, I'LL TALK!"

"Now, that's what I like to hear. Who's sendin' you goons to kidnap me?"

"He-he's a small time arms-dealer hiding out in the docks! Works with standard stuff around here, swords, daggers, bows and arrows. He saw you move in near the docks, and thought he could jump in on a new market!"

"So, why kidnap me? Why not just ask me for help?"

"He figured you were too goody-goody for that sorta thing! Figured, as soon as we offered, you'd run to the police! So, we were gonna kidnap you, and offer it to you then. If you refused..." the man trails off.

"IF I REFUSED..." Kenyon presses the ice on again.

"GYAAAHHH!!! If-if you refused, we w-would kill you, and take your plans! Make the guns ourselves!"

Kenyon smiles. "Well, thank you. You've been very informative." He jams the ice into the man's back one more time.

"AAAIIIIGGH! C'mon, I told you everything I know! What more do you want?"

Kenyon walks up to the front of the man, and waves the block of ice around, now melted to the size of a popsicle. He pops it in the man's mouth, and walks back up to the front.

The man takes a bit out of the ice, and glares at Kenyon, slightly embarrassed. "You are not a nice person."

McBish
2006-10-17, 02:05 PM
((Watching the Punisher too much?))

Kenyon
2006-10-17, 02:06 PM
((Yes! And a cookie for McBish!

And off to a meeting I go.))

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 10:37 PM
A well-dressed man passes the front of the Dead-Eye, pulls out a marking device, and leaves an inconspicuous red X near the door. Chuckling to himself, he walks off to the docks.

Kenyon
2006-10-19, 10:48 PM
The day-long quiet of the shop is rocked by a sudden explosion. Anyone nearby can hear the sound of small arms fire, and blades clashing. After a while, all is silent.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-19, 10:52 PM
The armoured man in the alley comes out of suspended animation. He stands up and walks into the shop, hoping his rifle is finished by now.

Kenyon
2006-10-19, 10:54 PM
The shop is empty, and ransacked. A small fire is burning in Kenyon's living quarters. It remains completely silent, until a groan can be heard behind the shop counter.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-19, 10:56 PM
Shockit, and here I am weaponless. The man grumbles and looks behind the counter.

Kenyon
2006-10-19, 11:01 PM
Behind the counter is Kenyon. He is bruised, bloodied, and broken in several places, from the looks of things. Looking over to see the armored man, he shouts in surprise, and whips out his pistol, aiming directly at the man, his finger stopping just short of pulling the trigger before his survival instincts turn off and his brain kicks back in.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-19, 11:03 PM
Hello. Looks like you got hit pretty bad.

Kenyon
2006-10-19, 11:08 PM
Kenyon shakes as the adrenaline wears off, and drops his pistol. He coughs up a bit of blood.

"The lousy*coughcough*...lousy shocker snuck up on us. Never...never saw 'im comin'. Cleaned me out...took Darryl...*cough cough cough*...said they'd kill 'im if I told the cops."

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-19, 11:10 PM
The man offers Kenyon a hand up. Well, I want my rifle. And if they have one I think I'd like to take it, seeing as it's payed for.

Kenyon
2006-10-19, 11:17 PM
Kenyon gets up with the help of the man, as the mentioning of the word 'rifle' kicks Kenyon in the back of the head.

"Rifle? S-soulstriker! That bastard stole Soulstriker!"

He lets out a very feral scream.

"I'M GONNA BEAT THAT MOTHERSHOCKER UNTIL CANDY COMES OUT!!!"

Kenyon stumbles a bit, due to the blood loss.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-19, 11:19 PM
The man takes a white box with a red cross on it out of one oh his belt pouches. He opens it and takes out a thick glass tube with a small metal tip. Hope you don't mind pain, cause this will sting a little.

Kenyon
2006-10-19, 11:25 PM
Kenyon starts to look a little woozy. "I'm s-sure I've...I've had worse..."

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-19, 11:28 PM
Right, here you go. The man pokes the metal end of the tube into one of Kenyon's injuries and pushes down the plunger on the end.
((Bio-foam. basicly it's an organic healing agent that temporarily replaces tissue in order to prevent bleeding and keep the wounded person on his or her feet.))

Kenyon
2006-10-19, 11:33 PM
Kenyon winces as the wound heals up. "Yow! Well...that's new..."

AmberVael
2006-10-19, 11:37 PM
Verdandi comes in, expecting an orderly shop, and stares around in dismay. What happened, Kenyon? She takes in the new person in a glance and dismisses him as the perpetrator.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-19, 11:38 PM
The man repeats the process with the rest of Kenyon's visible wounds. Very new. So new, in fact, that it hasn't been invented yet. He chuckles behind his faceplate. Just like most of my stuff. He discards the spent bio-foam injector.

Kenyon
2006-10-19, 11:41 PM
Kenyon looks better, but still fairly banged up, and still woozy from the blood loss. He looks at Verdandi.

"We...we got attacked. Don't know where he came from. I got cleaned out. He took everything, including my employee, that bandaged fella from the other day, and my Soulstriker."

AmberVael
2006-10-19, 11:44 PM
Verdandi reaches out a healing hand and tries to steady him with it. Did you get a glimpse of your attacker, or any sort of clues about him?

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-19, 11:45 PM
((^: Eeheehee, Kenyon's not going to feel so good after that.))
If you ask me, I think we should go find him. You've got a weapon, and I can make do with just my armour until I get something better. It pisses me off when other people take someone elses inventions.

Kenyon
2006-10-19, 11:49 PM
Kenyon yelps as the healing magic heals what remains of his bruises and broken bones.

"Ow-Ow-OW-OW!!! Careful with that!"

He pulls back to the corner, and pulls into himself, waiting for the sudden pain to subside.

AmberVael
2006-10-19, 11:51 PM
Verdandi takes her hand away quickly. What? She looks at him in confusion. Why do react to it like that?

Kenyon
2006-10-19, 11:55 PM
Kenyon lets out a sigh of relief as the pain finally dies off.

"Agghh...it's alright, you couldn't have known. It's all part 'n parcel of some crazy curse my people have. We can't do magic, and stuff like healin' works, but hurts like 9 hells when it does. Not a big fan of it, as you can tell."

AmberVael
2006-10-19, 11:57 PM
I will be more careful, Kenyon. Sorry. She ruffles her wings apologetically and looks to one side. But did you see anything or anyone?

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-19, 11:57 PM
Good thing mine was non-magical then. Would have done a lot mor than sting no doubt.

Kenyon
2006-10-20, 12:00 AM
Kenyon shakes his head at Verdandi.

"'Fraid not. He was hooded, and had a mask on. All I could see were his eyes. I'll be damned if he ain't workin' for this bastard that's been doggin' me recently."

AmberVael
2006-10-20, 12:06 AM
That would be my suspicion as well. Lets see if we can track where he went. She looks around at all the possible exits, doors and windows.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 12:09 AM
The man looks at the motion tracker on his HUD. Two green dots blink in the middle, right next to him. Looks like just us. Not sure though.
((Anything else to see?))

Kenyon
2006-10-20, 12:11 AM
The place is completely cleaned out. Any investigation shows nothing. Even the man's motion tracker comes up clean. Whoever this attacker was, he covered up his tracks pretty well.

"I hate to say it, y'all, but I've got nothin'."

AmberVael
2006-10-20, 12:13 AM
Verdandi sighs. Did you get any leads from that man you had kept here?

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 12:14 AM
Nope. Nothing here. Didn't figure he would stick around, but it was worth a shot.

((Motion tracker is like short range radar. Any movement shows up as a dot, but it doesn't detect anything else.))

Kenyon
2006-10-20, 12:18 AM
"Not much. I know he wasn't tellin' me everything, but he told me enough to get a general idea. Their boss is an arms dealer somewhere in the docks. Considerin' that he sells swords to a bunch of the thugs around here, we're talkin' a big warehouse. We got a few of those, though. It could take days to find the right one! And I know Darryl's not gonna have that much time!"

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 12:20 AM
Bet he'd love to get his hands on my armour. Not that I'd let him. The man punches a fist onto the palm of his other hand, but something crackles and it slides off, missing. I keep forgetting I can't do that anymore.

AmberVael
2006-10-20, 12:23 AM
Verdandi frowns.
I will get the others on it as well. Iames? She asks the air.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-20, 12:24 AM
Yes?

AmberVael
2006-10-20, 12:25 AM
We have a kidnapping, assualt and grand theft on our hands here, not to mention threat.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-20, 12:28 AM
I'm at Hookah Hank's right now. Gather what evidence you can, make your report at the station, and then continue your patrol at your discretion.

AmberVael
2006-10-20, 12:30 AM
Kenyon thinks we might not have much time for this. I think it might need to be dealt with soon.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 12:34 AM
Well, if we don't have much time we best get looking.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-20, 12:34 AM
You get the impression of a sigh. Tonight is just not my night. Aerin and I are on our way.

Kenyon
2006-10-20, 12:37 AM
"Well, I'm gonna get my employee back, even if it kills me!"

Kenyon checks the clip on his pistol. Only two shots left. He curses, then thinks for a moment.

"Y'know, I bet they didn't find it..."

Destro_Yersul
Find what?

AmberVael
I'm really sorry about this. She sighs and turns to the two. Detective Iames should be here soon, with someone else as well.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-20, 12:39 AM
Iames and Aerin appear. What's the situation?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-20, 12:41 AM
Aerin looks very pissed. Whoever is responsible for this, they are going to be sorry for ruining my evening.

Kenyon
2006-10-20, 12:46 AM
Kenyon walks back to his living quarters, and stomps out the remaining flames.

"This."

He smacks the wall twice, and a large panel rotates up revealing an odd weapon.

The general shape is that of a standard military shortsword, like Kenyon's. However, this one has a set of bladed teeth around the edge, that seem to be connected on a chain. A small engine seems to have replaced the guard, and a hand-throttle appears attached to the grip. Kenyon picks it up, and swings it around a little bit.

"I based it off somethin' I saw used back in the battle against the Master. I've been workin' on it off and on since I got this place. Figured it'd come in handy some day. Let's see if it works."

Pulling a small device on the engine, the sword revs up, then chugs quietly. Jamming his hand on the throttle, the sword roars to life, as the bladed teeth fly around the blade.

"HOO-YEAH!"

((Chainsword get!))

As he steps back to the front, he sees Iames and Aerin.

"I take it y'all are here to help me get my shop back?"

AmberVael
2006-10-20, 12:47 AM
Verdandi sighs. We are unsure, but highly suspect the boss of the men we captured earlier. Kenyon mananged to learn some things that narrow our suspects down to owners of a large warehouse in the dock district.
((I have early classes tommorow, and I see no fast way out of this. Can you NPC me, Iames?))

Kenyon
2006-10-20, 12:48 AM
((If you guys want, I can stall this 'til after the forum transition, since Sneak's freezing time and all.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 12:48 AM
Oh Hell yes. Rock 'n' roll!
((I'm good for now.))

AmberVael
2006-10-20, 12:49 AM
((That would be nice, Kenyon. And good night everyone!))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-20, 12:50 AM
We are officers, Kenyon. Don't tell me you don't recognize me. Iames appears to suddenly think of something.

Kenyon
2006-10-20, 12:52 AM
"I didn't whang my head THAT hard, Freezy. I recognize you all too well. Your lady-friend here is a new face, though."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-20, 12:53 AM
This is my fiance, Aerin.

Kenyon
2006-10-20, 12:56 AM
"Ahhh, I see she didn't kill ya over that polygamous proposal I heard you talkin' about. Frankly, I must say I'm a bit surprised by that but, hey, to each their own, right?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-20, 12:58 AM
Exactly. So, are we going to get this over with? I have another case on my hands, Kenyon, and I'd like to return to it as soon as possible.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 12:59 AM
Yeah, let's take those bastards DOWN.

Kenyon
2006-10-20, 01:00 AM
"Well, the guy who attacked us said that if they see any police, they're gonna kill my employee. Needless to say, I'd rather not have that happen. So, I think the best thing to do is for me to scout out, find the place they're keepin' him, and let y'all know once I do. I figure, with all y'all attackin' at once, they won't know what hit 'em. You can take of your other case in the meantime."

"You happen to have some way for me to communicate with you?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-20, 01:03 AM
Just say my name.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 01:05 AM
I don't. You mind if I stay here? Might not be a bad idea to have a little security anyways.

Kenyon
2006-10-20, 01:07 AM
Kenyon nods. "Works for me!"

Hooking the chainsword to his back with a quickly improvised holster, he walks out the door.

"I'll keep in touch! Just be ready!"

((Yay, cliffhangers before the transition! Thanks for joining the fun, guys. I'll make sure to have a good story for everyone when we all come back! But for now, I gotta get some rest. Damn weird work schedules. G'night!))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-20, 01:08 AM
Iames looks at Aerin and Vera. You two go back to the room in Trog's. I'll join you in a moment. Aerin and Vera leave the store and fly off. Then Iames disappears.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-20, 01:11 AM
((G'night Kenyon.))
The armoured man mutters something about screwy timelines and pushes a button on his silver wristband. A bubble appears around him, and he ceases all movement.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 09:44 PM
The bubble around the man deactivates. He stands up and looks around. Go into stasis for a week and everything changes. Figures. He wanders off.

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 12:48 PM
Darryl opens the shop door after having been rescued by Gaheris. To his surprise, the place is still ransacked, and Kenyon is nowhere to be found.

"What the...where is he?"

He walks back out and locks the door behind him.

"I hope he's alright...or I'm out of a job again!"

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-30, 06:41 PM
Gaheris poked his head into the shop behind Darryl.

"That's odd," he said. "He couldn't have been more than a few minutes ahead of us." He seemed to concentrate on something not readily apparent for a moment.

"Do you think you'll be alright here? My partner will be keeping an eye on the shop until Kenyon gets back to make sure nothing else happens. Don't be alarmed if you see him; he's a large gryphon." Gaheris patted Darryl on the shoulder and turned to leave.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 11:10 PM
The armoured man suddenly appears inside Kenyon's shop. He drops a torso on the counter and checks to make sure no-one is watching. He cleans off the fourth rib on the torso with a rag and takes a closer look at it. The he straightens, turns a few dials on his armband, pushes a button and vanishes.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-30, 11:11 PM
[ Dude? Darryl is right there. :p]

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 11:13 PM
((Who says he was paying attention? It's not like the guy made any noise...))

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 11:13 PM
((No, actually, if you'll check around, Darryl's been kinda every which-way today. Right now, he's being held in the Temple of Inari, because they think he's a murderer.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 11:15 PM
((Ok, so either way it works.))

AmberVael
2006-10-31, 08:40 PM
Verdanid steps into the shop and looks around, realizing that it is not back up yet. She thinks, and then flies off to Inari's, knowing that Kenyon must have tried to regain his shop and worker by now. If anyone had been injured in a fight, they would know.

Kenyon
2006-10-31, 11:41 PM
A hospital bed from Inari's temple stops in front of the Dead-Eye, as Kenyon, still fairly bandaged up, hops off, and attempts to open the door. To his surprise, the door is locked.

"...locked? What the hell?"

He walks back to his bed, and pulls his pack from under the pillow.

"...Darryl must've been by here...where IS he, anyways? Guy like him would be worried sick by now..."

Taking a small pair of tools out of his pack, he walks back to the door, and starts to attempt to pick the lock.

AmberVael
2006-10-31, 11:43 PM
Verdandi waits as he picks the lock.

Kenyon
2006-10-31, 11:47 PM
Tumblers inside the door click into place as the door opens.

"There we go! Would've brought my keys if I thought I was gonna be by here."

He gestures for Verdandi to enter.

"Mind the mess."

AmberVael
2006-10-31, 11:49 PM
Verdandi smiles at him and steps inside, looking around.

Kenyon
2006-10-31, 11:54 PM
Kenyon follows Verdandi in, and notices the shop is still as thrashed as it was when he left. The forge in the back, though, is still up and running.

"Well, I'm certainly glad they weren't able to make off with THAT."

AmberVael
2006-10-31, 11:56 PM
It would have been a bit difficult. She begins to sort through a few of the things nearby, trying to figure out where they should go, and if anything is too damaged to be repaired.

Kenyon
2006-10-31, 11:59 PM
Kenyon whips out a broom from the back, and starts sweeping the things too broken to be useful (even to him) out the door. Every now and again, he grabs a random part on the ground, 'hmmm's to himself, and tosses it in a pile near the forge.

"They might be useful later..."

AmberVael
2006-11-01, 12:02 AM
Verdandi organizes and restores what she can, while making a pile of what should be scrapped. Where do you get your supplies?

Kenyon
2006-11-01, 12:08 AM
"Honestly? Most of my standard equipment that I sell is made from scrap Darryl and I collect from around town. We melt it all down, check for impurities, just like you do with normal smelting, just without having to go and mine the damn stuff.

For anything fancier, I've found a couple of metal veins around town that I can mine for use. As long as y'all don't start askin' for the fancy stuff in bulk, I should be set for quite some time.

The chemicals for my elemental shots I get from the woods. Nature does stuff the best, let me tell ya."

AmberVael
2006-11-01, 12:11 AM
So you do not know a good place to find rare metals? I am wondering where I can find some sturdier stuff than steel.

Kenyon
2006-11-01, 12:15 AM
"Knowin' this place, it's sure to be out there. I just haven't found it yet. After all, I've only been lookin' for a little while."

AmberVael
2006-11-01, 12:17 AM
Verdandi nods, and then catches herself yawning. I probably need to get some sleep, actually. I will stop by tommorow, okay? She gives him a sleepy smile and goes out the door.

Kenyon
2006-11-01, 12:19 AM
Kenyon waves. "Alright, you take care!"

He decides to continue cleaning up the store.

After the store gets as clean as Kenyon can make it in his state, he tosses the broom back into the back room, heads outside, and jumps on his bed. Pulling a lever, the bed takes off back towards the Town.

Kenyon
2006-11-01, 06:16 PM
Darryl leads a procession of NPCs, all of whom seem to be carrying boxes of equipment, over to the Dead-Eye. With the door unlocked from Kenyon's previous visit, he gestures for the NPCs to come in.

"Just put everything where you can. Mr. Kenyon and I will put everything back where it needs to be. Just be careful not to drop anything, some of this equipment is extremely..."

*CRASH!* A box of equipment falls to the floor, and shard of glass fly everywhere.

"...fragile..."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-02, 01:12 AM
One of the Green armoured men from Inari's temple walks into the shop. He sits on the floor and closes up and open access panel on his silver armband. He pushes a few buttons on it, testing some of the functions. Good, stasis still works. A bubble surrounds him, and he goes to sleep.

((No work tommorrow, so I get to be on most of the day!:biggrin:))

Kenyon
2006-11-03, 12:24 AM
Kenyon walks back into the Dead-Eye, and locks the door behind him. Looking in, he notices all his equipment is back, just out of place. Oh, that and the armored man from earlier seems to have followed him back.

With a quick shrug, Kenyon gets to work on putting up all his equipment.

Some time later, after putting up the last piece of equipment, he passes out from exhaustion.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-03, 03:18 AM
((Well, you DID hire him. Sort of.))

Kenyon
2006-11-03, 11:10 AM
((Yeah, but last he saw, the bubble was back at Inari's. Now, he's going to start thinking the armored man's BUBBLE can travel around.))

Kenyon wakes up with a determined look on his face.

"Alright, today's the day."

Grabbing all the ingredients he can, Kenyon starts getting to work.

After sealing up the last of his Elemental shots, and loading them up in his bandolier, he carefully places Soulstriker back in its case, and heads back to his room, opening up his closet.

"Never thought I'd need this again, but if I'm headin' completely out of our realm, I don't wanna take any chances."

Kenyon
2006-11-03, 11:31 AM
He digs out a military uniform very similar to the one he usually wears, except that this one appears to have a rank insignia on the shoulder, and metal plates appear to be woven into the fabric over vital organs. Taking off his tattered and burnt clothing, he slips his old wartime uniform on.

"Yeah, fits like a glove."

He shudders in anticipation of the upcoming fight, and approaches the door. Just before he reaches it, the door opens, and Darryl stands there.

"Mr. Kenyon! You're up! W-what's going on?"

"I'm repayin' a friend. That's all you need to know, Darryl."

"Are you going to be alright?"

"I dunno. I have the naggin' feelin' that this fight may be out of my league, but friends of mine are in trouble, and I'm NOT goin' to let them down." Kenyon sighs, and puts on a small gray hat. "There's a damn good chance I'm not comin' back from this, Darryl. If that happens, you're in charge of the shop, got it?"

Darryl starts to tear up a little bit. "B-but sir..."

"Darryl! What did I tell you about blubberin' around me? You're in charge of the shop in my abscence, end of discussion. Cathrindir still needs that Dead-Eye I've been tryin' to make for him, and the police need those pistols, so get to work on those, alright?"

Darryl sniffs a little, and dries off the tears."Yes, Mr. Kenyon." He stands there for a minute, before giving Kenyon a big hug. "Please be careful, sir! I don't know what would happen if I lost you!"

"Gah! Darryl, what'd I tell you about personal space?" Darryl lets go of Kenyon, and the two men shake hands.

"Well, good luck, sir."

Kenyon smiles, and taps Soulstriker's gun case. "With this, I won't need luck." He heads out the door.

TheHawk
2006-11-03, 05:16 PM
Walks in I would like a Sarundian rifle with all upgrades

Kenyon
2006-11-03, 05:19 PM
Darryl looks up.

"Oh, of course, sir. I should have that ready for you in about 3 days. Do you have a location where we can deliver it to you?"

TheHawk
2006-11-03, 05:23 PM
Leave it at the Dragon Den and tell Travern to give it to me next time I'm there.

Kenyon
2006-11-03, 05:27 PM
"Excellent. One Rifle, with Elemental Shot, Clip, and Scope Upgrades...that comes up to 17,500 GP. Can you pay now, or should we expect full payment at the time of delivery?"

TheHawk
2006-11-03, 05:30 PM
Places a bag of gold on the counter and leaves

Kenyon
2006-11-03, 05:33 PM
Darryl shoots a confused look, then digs through the bag, counting the exact amount needed for the rifle.

"O...kay...I guess that works. Thanks for choosing the Dead-Eye!"

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-04, 01:59 AM
((Yeah, but last he saw, the bubble was back at Inari's. Now, he's going to start thinking the armored man's BUBBLE can travel around.))

((Well, it does. It goes wherever the man goes.))

Kenyon
2006-11-05, 12:53 AM
Kenyon jumps down from his "thinking spot" on the roof into the shop main.

"Darryl, I have an idea!"

"...I'll get the burn cream."

"Cute. Now, have you ever been on a ship?"

"No. I've spent a good time around the docks, so I know a little about them. Why?"

"In your time around the docks, have you ever seen a ship clad in metal, like steel or iron?"

"I've seen with some plating over important parts, yes..."

"No, I'm talkin' about all over. Completely covered."

Darryl looks confused. "Wha? No! That's completely ludicrous!"

"I'm not so sure!" Kenyon gives his beleaguered employee a wink. "I'm gonna see if I can talk with that El Jaspero fella, see if I can pick his brain about ships a bit."

"Er, alright then. Best of luck to you, sir!"

Kenyon gives a quick wave, and walks out the shop door.

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 12:54 AM
Kenyon jumps down from his "thinking spot" on the roof into the shop main.

"Darryl, I have an idea!"

"...I'll get the burn cream."

"Cute. Now, have you ever been on a ship?"

"No. I've spent a good time around the docks, so I know a little about them. Why?"

"In your time around the docks, have you ever seen a ship clad in metal, like steel or iron?"

"I've seen with some plating over important parts, yes..."

"No, I'm talkin' about all over. Completely covered."

Darryl looks confused. "Wha? No! That's completely ludicrous!"

"I'm not so sure!" Kenyon gives his beleaguered employee a wink. "I'm gonna see if I can talk with that El Jaspero fella, see if I can pick his brain about ships a bit."

"Er, alright then. Best of luck to you, sir!"

Kenyon gives a quick wave, and walks out the shop door.

(( There was a submarine built during the Civil War... ))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-05, 12:56 AM
The armoured man's bubble dissapates and he stands up. He calls after Kenyon. Hey, is there anything specific you need me to do?

Kenyon
2006-11-05, 12:56 AM
((Cookie for the quick catch!))

Darryl notices the armored man waking up, and walks over to him.

"Well, I could help with that, sir. Mr. Kenyon's Elemental Shots were severely depleted in that battle he took place in two days ago..."

He hands the man a list of various animals and plants.

"He needs these items to replenish his stock. I have found all the items here in the woods outside of town. Do you think you could handle this, while I finish this rifle for Hawk?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-05, 12:57 AM
((I was a Ninja for halloween. Some of it rubbed off.))
((*Adds cookie to collection*))

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 12:57 AM
(( Plus they had warships plated in metal then too. Wreaked havoc on their eardrums though.

*Steals Cookie* ))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-05, 12:59 AM
((There's rules in the arms and equipment guide for what is essentially an Ironclad.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 01:01 AM
((There's rules in the arms and equipment guide for what is essentially an Ironclad.))

(( Sweet. Need to deafen yourself first though. :wink: ))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-05, 01:04 AM
((Or just put a silence spell on your general location.))

The man nods. Sure. He walks out of the shop.

Kenyon
2006-11-05, 01:05 AM
((Silence spells are for grandmas and five-year-olds! That's why Kenyon's going to invent earplugs to go with it! :smallbiggrin:))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-05, 01:10 AM
((Oooo, you're lucky Destro didn't hear that bit of OOC. Of course, he can't cast silence...))

Bryn
2006-11-05, 09:03 AM
There is a loud crash as a figure stumbles in, knocking a nearby weapon of the shelf as it comes.

"Come BACK!" comes an angry voice, and a robed figure walks strides angrily into the shop. "Can't you ever walk in a straight line?!" he says angrily, grabbing the thing (which seems rather stiff, as it happens, and pulling it to its feet). One of its legs hangs floppily.

Muttering to himself, von Nase mutters a few words, and the leg fixes itself. He then reaches through a hole in the back of the creature (which looks like a man in a suit). There is a clunk, and the man stands still.

Von Nase glances around. "Sorry about the mess." he says. Picking the dropped gun of the floor, he asks what it is.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-05, 04:09 PM
The man in green armour walks into the shop with an armful of odd looking plants and such. He walks behind the counter and puts them on a table. Then he gets out a bunch of tools and a few handfulls of metal from the pouches on his belt.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-08, 01:18 AM
The man has been working for a while though, but not on guns. He has fashioned a variety of metal fiddly bits from the scrap he brought in earlier. Now all that is left to do is attach them. He opens the access hatch on his armband again, long since cleaned of all the melted detritus from its last malfunction. He begins slotting parts into the armband, careful to put each piece in its proper place. Soon the pile of parts is gone. Now I just need to hope that holds. The armoured man shuts the access panel and turns a dial. He seems relieved when nothing sparks or blows up, and turns a few more dials. Right, it's paradox causing time. He pushes a button, and a ragged hole in reality spins into being in front of him. He raches through it and pulls his hand out holding a second armband, but one that looks as though it has just been made. Not a moment too soon. The shoddily made replacement parts fail spectacularily, shaking the foundations of the shop. The hole in reality winks out and the man is left with scorched armour and a melted armband. He rips it off and tosses it in the scrap pile, then straps the one he just retrieved on in its place. That takes care of that. He picks up a nearby rag and some cleaning fluid and starts to polish the scorch marks off his armour.

Kenyon
2006-11-08, 11:49 PM
Kenyon walks into the shop, and locks the door behind him. Without making a sound, he makes his way to his room, and passes out on his bed.

Kenyon
2006-11-09, 11:10 AM
Kenyon wakes up, and sleepily walks up front, where he sees Darryl already manning the front till.

"Y'know, Darryl, we should really take down those "Grand Openin'" signs. We've been open for a while, now..."

"Of course, sir. Whenever you need help taking those down, let me know."

"Oh, and remind me that I need to meet up with El Jaspero at his ship later tonight."

"Er, didn't you hear, sir? The ship left."

"Come again?"

"Yeah, the Liza Jane? She left the docks early this morning!"

"WHAT???"

"Sorry, Mr. Kenyon...I thought you knew."

"Thought I knew? Darryl, I've been asleep for damn near 12 hours! I don't learn through osmosis!

Kenyon groans in frustration, and slumps in a nearby chair, looking very tired as his plans go up in smoke.

"I need a beer."

Kenyon
2006-11-10, 12:28 AM
Darryl is busy dusting up around the shop, when he sees a bundled-up rifle, with all the upgrades. A small tag, with "For Hawk" written in Kenyon's player's illegible scrawl, is attached to it.

"Where did you come from? Mr. Kenyon must have forgotten about you..."

He reads the directions on the tag, and heads outside.

Sometime later, Kenyon walks inside, and passes out in the back room, as usual.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-10, 01:29 AM
The armoured man appears in Kenyon's shop, and ralizes he forgot his helmet at the bar. Bugger. He quickly pushes one of the buttons on his armband. Time pauses for a second, and then the man is wearing his helmet again. If you blinkind you would have missed it. He stands in a corner of the shop and activates the stasis feature, resting for the night.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 12:37 AM
Kenyon walks into the Dead-Eye. Grabbing his tools, he gets to work on some of his new ideas.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 12:46 AM
The armoured man comes out of stasis, and realizes how long he's been in it. He walks around the shop gathering up pieces for making rifles, then realizes that Kenyon is here and might want him to do something else. Anything you need doin', Kenyon? After not getting an answer for a while he continues to look around the shop, eventually finding enough pieces for a rifle. He spends the night building guns to add to the current stock.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 12:43 PM
Kenyon throws down his wrench, and curses under his breath, walking away from his workbench. A very intricate mechanical frame can be seen.

Darryl, concerned for his employer, walks back from the store front to the workshop.

"Are you okay, Mr. Kenyon?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, Darryl. Just a bit overwhelmed. Between all the orders comin' in from NPCs, this, and Project Monitor, I'm gettin' pretty backlogged. Even with the armored fella's help, we're gonna start losin' service if we don't get any more employees."

"You could always cut back on these pet projects of yours."

"Not an option, and you know it. You don't happen to know of any more NPCs lookin' for work, do you?"

"Actually, as a matter of fact, I do! My sister has heard me talking about the crazy inventor I work for, and has been dying to have a chance to work for you. She's a bit of a tinkerer, herself!"

"Really, now? Well, that's convenient. Why didn't you mention her before?"

"You never asked."

"Cute. So, How old is she? I don't know if the Town has child labor laws, but I don't wanna push my luck..."

"Oh, she's about a year younger than me."

"Hmmm, well, this certainly seems like an interestin' proposition. Is she available to speak with me today?"

"Of course she is. Not like she's got anything better to do. She's an NPC."

"Alright, send her by 'bout lunch time, then. We'll see if she's Dead-Eye material..."

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 03:43 PM
Kenyon is busy working on his equipment, when his stomach starts grumbling.

Struck by an idea, he writes a note and leaves it on the front desk:

Darryl,

Went out for lunch. Meet me at Sneak's. My treat.

-Kenyon

With that, he heads out the door.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 06:08 PM
The armoured man continues to work. He's got around seven rifles built by now, and is working on an eighth. Or would be, if he wasn't tinkering with his armour. He seems to have removed the outer layer of his helmet, and is filling the miniscule gap with a thin sheet of lead. He's clearly been at this a while, and is almost finished. He sets the helmet down with it's new lead lining and leaves it to cool off while he finishes the eighth rifle.

Xerillum
2006-11-13, 06:42 PM
An engineer walks in with a box filled with pink putty. He sets it down very gently. Hello? I created something that would be quite useful.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 06:46 PM
The armoured man looks up from his work. Oh, hello. What is it?

Xerillum
2006-11-13, 06:50 PM
It is a putty called pom. It has twice the explosive force of gunpowder. But be careful. one pound can destroy a large building, and even the slightest jolt can set the entire thing off.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 06:54 PM
I'd have to be careful with the stuff then. It would probably function better as a demolition agent than propellant though. The man picks his helmets outer covering off the counter and sets it beside the now-cooled inner helmet. If Kenyon was here I could ask him if he was interested, but he isn't here, so I'll just have to ask me. And I say I'm interested. The man grins.

Xerillum
2006-11-13, 06:55 PM
I'll just leave this here, then. the man leaves.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 06:57 PM
Ok, that works. The armoured man carefully picks the box up and puts it on a side table. He rests one hand on it and turns a couple dials on his armband. A bubble of time envelops the box, rendering it out of time and place until called back. Ok, that's that. The man sets to work reconnecting the the outer helmet covering to the inner helmet.

Flabbicus
2006-11-13, 07:28 PM
A gnome runs up to the shop and drops a note and a large bag on the counter. He scampers off.

I would like to request 2 Mechanical Pistols, 4 flintlock pistols, 2 muskets with Scopes, and 4 barrels filled with gunpowder.

There are 10 pounds of platinum in the bag. You get the rest upon their completion and delivery to the Shack in the Woods. This is not related to the Mafia in any way, shape, form, lightsaber or duck.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 07:34 PM
The man picks the note up. How odd. He puts the bag of platinum behind the counter and looks around the shop. He puts his re-assembled helmet back on, then finds a couple muskets and starts to fit them with scopes.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 09:35 PM
Kenyon, Darryl, and Jackie walk in, and see the armored man working on the muskets.

"Well, another order must've come in while we were out."

He pats the siblings on the back.

"Well, I'm gonna go hit up Trog's for a bit. If y'all need anything, I'll probably be there, okay?"

"No problem, Mr. Kenyon. I'll give her the grand tour."

"And try not to blow up anything while I'm out! Be extra careful 'round the workbench. That prototype's almost done."

Jackie gives Kenyon a playful salute. "Yes sir! We won't let you down, sir!"

Kenyon groans. "Just make sure you knuckleheads leave everything in one piece!" He heads back out.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 09:37 PM
Tha armoured man looks up. I'll make sure nothing gets busted up Kenyon, don't worry about that. He finishes the muskets and puts them off to one side, then starts to assemble the two Mechanical pistols. He seems to be quite a bit faster at putting this kind together than he was the more archaic weapons.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 09:42 PM
While Darryl wanders around, showing Jackie the ins and outs of the Dead-Eye, the new employee gets distracted by the armored man. She walks over, and looks up at him.

"I've never heard of YOU before. Who are you?"

Darryl quickly comes up, and tries to pull his sister away. "He's just another employee. Don't worry about him..."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 09:44 PM
I'm Destro. I'm not from around here, as you can probably tell. He chuckles and turns the pistol he's building to one side, checking that it works properly. A stray beam of light flashes off his silver armband.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 09:49 PM
Jackie nods. "Yeah, that's pretty aparrent. What's a walking mountain like you doing in a town like this?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 09:52 PM
Not sure. Working, I guess. No point in going back, ever since my shop got blown up. Course, that's in the future, so it hasn't actually even been built yet. He sets the first pistol down and starts checking over the second.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 09:55 PM
Jackie looks at fDestro questioningly. "From the future? Prove it."

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 09:57 PM
Sure, just a second. The man puts down the pistol and turns some dials on his armband. He steps to side, pushes a button, blinks out of existence for a second, and then steps back, but not much else happens. This might be a little confusing.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 09:59 PM
"You just teleported! To the same spot, at that!"

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:04 PM
You'll see. Right. About. Now. A second armoured man appears standing right beside the first. This is probably some kind of paradox. The second man looks at the first, then turns to Jackie. Ok, I'd move, but I've already reappeared standing where I am, so it would throw the whole continuum off if I moved before going back. And if I didn't go back I'd disappear, and not be there anymore. He points to the first man, who continues. The really strange thing is that I already remember having this conversation, because I've already had it. Watch, I can predict what I'm going to say next. Then both men say the same thing at the same time. I told you it might get confusing.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:12 PM
Aerin enters the shop, carrying a gun in her hand. She doesn't appear to be threatening anyone with it, though. Where's Kenyon?

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 10:17 PM
Verdandi comes in behind Aerin, also carrying a gun.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 10:19 PM
Jackie and Darryl just stand, blinking at fDestro.

"My head hurts..."

"I TOLD you to leave him alone!"

The two of them notice Aerin walking in. Not recognizing her, but quickly recognizing the weapon in her hand, Darryl quickly walks off to obtain a weapon on his own, while Jackie warily confronts her.

"Kenyon's out on a business run. Can I take a message?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:19 PM
Bah, no one likes time-space mechanics. The man turns to Aerin and Verdandi. Hello. I knew you'd be coming. The first armoured man smiles inside his helmet. Kenyon is out, though if it's a problem with the gun I'm sure I can fix it. The second armoured man turns a few of the dials on his armband. I should go back now, or I won't be here to greet you. He pushes a button different than the one the first man pushed a few minutes ago and promptly vanishes.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:20 PM
Aerin blinks at the strange goings-on. Excuse me. We're from the police and we're here to be trained in the use of our new firearms.

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 10:21 PM
Verdandi waits behind Aerin, smiling a little at everone.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:23 PM
Hmmm, in that case I'm not sure. I'm a fair shot, but I think he might've wanted to do that himself.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:24 PM
Where is he?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:25 PM
Iames comes in behind Vera, sees that Aerin has things well in hand, and stays quiet.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 10:26 PM
Jackie scoots back away from the two winged women, and leans in towards Darryl, who is currently hiding behind the wall, with a tight-barrelled blunderbuss.

"Did you hear about this training stuff?"

"I remember Mr. Kenyon had an agreement to help train Gufipolice members. You'd best go check them. I'll go let Mr. Kenyon know." He quickly runs out a back door.

Jackie walks back out. "Before we get Kenyon for you, can we get proof that you're members of the Gufipolice?"

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 10:28 PM
Verdandi smiles and displays the badge on her sleeve. I still need to borrow Kenyon's forge to put that on my armor, actually. She remembers with a twinge of guilt that she promised to help him set his shop back up and never returned to do it.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:30 PM
Aerin raises an eyebrow and points at the badge on her chest.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:30 PM
Iames points to his badge, pinned to his cloak near the clasps.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:32 PM
I'm sure that's in order then. The shooting range is over here. Hey Darryl, you want to go find Kenyon or should I?

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 10:33 PM
"Darryl already left to get him. They should be back soon."

Jackie sighs. "Alright, everything appears in order. Er, Destro, could you lead them to the shooting range?...seeing how I have no freaking clue where it is, yet?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:35 PM
Iames starts to browse the contents of the shop while he waits, then looks up when he hears "firing range".

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 10:39 PM
Verdandi waits patiently, turning the gun over in her hands, examining it.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 10:40 PM
Kenyon and Darryl step in the front door. Kenyon looks a bit frustrated, while Darryl looks quite exhausted.

"Alright, what couldn't wait 'til I finished my first beer?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:40 PM
Why does no-one ever tell me these things beforehand? The armoured man leads the way over to the firing range, picking up and loading his rifle as he does so.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:41 PM
You said you'd train the police in the use of our firearms, didn't you?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:42 PM
Iames follows after the armored man.

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 10:42 PM
Verdandi looks ashamed. Oh, we did not mean to pull you away from your leisure time, Kenyon. We just thought- perhaps- we should get the training you offered.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 10:44 PM
Kenyon nods. "Of course I did! I just didn't expect you to want trainin' while I'm out at the tavern."

Kenyon waves his hand dismissingly. "Don't worry 'bout it, Verdandi. I promised I'd train y'all, and trainin's what I'm here to do. I take it y'all have your weapons, already?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:45 PM
Aerin laughs. Unfortunately, this seems to be the only time all three of us are awake.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:45 PM
The armoured man shoots a quick reply over his shoulder. Murphy's law Kenyon. And don't ask. He is standing at the firing range now, waiting for the others.

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 10:50 PM
Verdandi smiles softly at Kenyon, holds up the gun and goes out to the firing range.

Lord Iames Osari
Aerin holds up her pistol and follows Vera to the firing range.

Lord Iames Osari
Wait. We didn't bring any ammunition with us. Should I go back and get some?

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:52 PM
There's a bunch of it around here somewhere. I'm not sure about policy on that though.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 10:54 PM
Kenyon looks at Iames with a befuddled look on his face.

"Freezy, we're in a gun shop. Ammo's in no short supply here, believe me."

He looks over to the others. "Darryl, get me a set of clips for the Mech Pistols." Darryl nods, and runs to the back.

Kenyon then grabs one of the Mechanical Pistols he had for store defense from the back of the counter, and tosses it to Jackie. "Let's see how you handle these babies, too, shall we?" The two of them follow the ladies to the shooting range.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:56 PM
Iames smiles. I only wondered because I assumed we'd have to reimburse you if we used ammo from here. I hope you don't mind if I don't use one of the pistols you made for the police; I already had my own.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 10:57 PM
So... how do these work?

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 10:58 PM
Verdandi shrugs and continues to look at it curiously.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 10:58 PM
The armoured man snickers when Kenyon calls Iames "Freezy." That's a new one. Then he realizes everyone has pistols but him. Shockit. Hey Kenyon, could I borrow one of thos pistols? All I've got is my rifle.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 11:03 PM
"Don't worry about it. As long as y'all don't go crazy with the ammo, I don't mind."

He glances over to all the trainees, as Darryl hands out two clips to each of the ladies. He tosses another spare pistol to fDestro, then holds up his own. "Alright, before we get started, let me just introduce you to the weapon in your hands. What you have there is a one-of-a-kind piece of equipment, the Mech Pistol. Based off designs given to me by the former God of Machines himself, this weapon is made by me, and my store only. You won't find a pistol like this anywhere else."

"As I'm sure you noticed, this pistol is much different than standard flintlock. Rather than bein' a standard single-shot pistol, the Mech Pistol has a magazine, loaded with 7 shots. This is called the clip. Needless to say, this makes rapid fire much easier, as you can fire all 7 shots one after another without any need for reload. However, you need to make sure you keep count, because the last thing you need is to be aimin' at an enemy, and forget that you're empty. Got it?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 11:05 PM
Aerin nods.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 11:06 PM
Iames smiles guiltily. Actually, Kenyon, I got this from the Omnishop. He pulls out his FN Five-seveN.

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 11:06 PM
Verdandi nods and takes the clips. She looks at one of them, and then the gun, then smoothly locks the clip into the appropriate place.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 11:08 PM
Aerin imitates Vera's actions.

Kenyon
Kenyon and his player simultaneously groan.

"Stupid freakin' magical stores..."

"Alright, I see two of you kinda got the jump on me with the clips, but let's wait for me to give the instructions, alright? Last thing I need is someone misloadin' one of these things, and havin' the whole damn thing explode in your hands."

"Now, the rest of you, go ahead and follow up with what Verdandi and Aerin've done, and load one of your clips into the hollow portion of the grip, there.

Jackie nods, and loads the clip.

Destro_Yersul
Ok, thanks. fDestro catches the pistol and loads it.

((fDestro has a lightning gun, and you never complained about that. Although it doesn't work right now, and needs to be hit by some seriously high powered electrical charge before it ever will again.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 11:12 PM
If you'd like to take a look at it, it's been a while since I fired Hojyn's flintlock. Iames holds the modern weapon out to Kenyon, grip first.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 11:15 PM
((^^ Yeah, but that's not a pistol.))

"In a bit, Freezy. Let me get everyone firin', first."

"Alright, now that we're all loaded, let me just reiterate that we're all holdin' deadly weapons here. There will be NO horseplay with these things, and I don't want to see them pointed at anything but a designated target. Got it?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 11:18 PM
Aerinn nods. I understand.

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 11:19 PM
Verdandi does not hear Kenyon. She appears to be in a slight trance of some kind. With methodical motions she readies the pistol for firing.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 11:22 PM
Kenyon looks over at Verdandi, and sees her getting ahead of him again. He lets out a sharp whistle to get her attention, as he jogs over.

"Hey, hey, hey! Verdandi, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but let's wait for everyone else, alright?"

He places his hand over hers, and pushes down slightly to get his point across.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 11:23 PM
Don't have to tell me twice. fDestro spins the pistol arround one finger and aims it squarely at one of the firing range targets. He then drops his aim and turns back to hear the rest of what Kenyon was saying, ready to add something if needed.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 11:24 PM
Iames puts his FN Five-seveN to one side and draws Hojyn's flintlock. He loads it with smooth, practiced motions.

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 11:24 PM
Verdandi jolts and looks at Kenyon. She sees the pistol in her hand and stares at it for a second. Sorry- I just- She blushes slightly and waits.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 11:26 PM
Kenyon nods, and smiles at Verdandi. "Don't worry about it. I always get anxious when I get my hand on new weaponry, myself."

He takes a couple of steps back, and addresses everyone again. "Alright, since we all can't seem to wait to get shootin', let's get to the fun part, shall we? Everyone, raise your pistols, and aim at the target directly in front of you down the range. You'll notice some small pieces of metal sticking out of the top of the pistol as you raise it to eye level. Those're your sights. All you need to do to aim is to get the part sticking up from the barrel in between the parts in the back. Then, aim the whole thing at whatever you wanna shoot." He points to the respecitve parts on his pistol to help everyone locate their sights. "Easy, right?"

"Once you have your sights ready, aim for the center mass of your target, and fire ONE shot. Just one for now, got it?"

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 11:29 PM
Verdandi nods back and looks at the gun in her hands, which is now entirely ready to fire. I have never even seen something like this before.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 11:34 PM
Jackie squeezes off a round, and catches her humanoid target in the shoulder.

"Good shot, Jackie! You hit it on the first try. Now, next time, try not to flinch so much when you pull the trigger. It ain't gonna bite you."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 11:34 PM
Aerin raises her pistol and fires one shot. She yipes as the gun jumps in her hands. Why'd it do that?

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 11:35 PM
The armoured man raises his pistol again. He stands aiming it down the range, pointed at one of the targets. Data scrolls across his HUD, the armour's interface calculating minute details that affect his aim. A targeting reticule flashes across his viewscreen and aligns itself with the target. He squeezes the trigger once and the gun kicks against his hand. The target he was aiming for now has a neat hole clean through the center.

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 11:35 PM
Verdandi hears Kenyon tell them to fire and raises the pistol and shoots in a fluid motion, barely pausing to aim. She hits her target very close to the center of the head.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 11:36 PM
Iames grins at Aerin's reaction and fires the single shot the flintlock can hold. The shot hits dead center of the target's chest. As he settles back, he sees Vera out of the corner of his eye. His jaw drops, and then he grins. Valkyrie, he reminds himself.

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 11:38 PM
Kenyon points at fDestro with a smirk. "Hey, no cheatin', now."

He heads back over to Aerin. "Sorry, should've warned y'all about that ahead of time. When you fire, the pistol'll automatically eject the cartridge of the shot you just fired. You need to be careful not to choke up too high on your pistol, or that movement can tear up your hand."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-13, 11:39 PM
((I was actually referring to the recoil))

Oh. Aerin adjusts her grip.

AmberVael
2006-11-13, 11:40 PM
Verdandi clicks the safety on the gun and lowers it. Her eyes are distant.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-13, 11:41 PM
Ah, fine. The man reaches up and twists the helmet to one side, unlocking the clamps that hold it in place. He pulls it off and sets it to one side, grinning. How'd you know?

Kenyon
2006-11-13, 11:42 PM
((Girlfriend on the phone. Gimme a sec.))