PDA

View Full Version : The Docks VII



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 07:22 PM
The docks of The Town are big and expansive. Ships from everywhere rest here, moored in the harbors. Cargo is unloaded, shipments are moved, and the docks run.

The docks have their own workers, hired out by a private contractor. They are mostly human, half-elf, orc, half orc, and goblin, but all of them have a somewhat odd air about them. They all wear the same badge, to denote their status as dockworkers: A crimson moon crossed with four scimitars spread out.

Many of the ships are looking to take on cargo, not release cargo, and are for hire, for the right price.

wxdruid
2006-10-04, 07:25 PM
I don't know this place you're talking about, how do you know he doesn't need help. Do you know how he feels right now?

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 07:27 PM
I don't know. But I trust in him. I believe he can get through it. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to return to my lady...

wxdruid
2006-10-04, 07:29 PM
Oh, so now I find out your true motivation and she stalks away and out of the warehouse

Kyrian
2006-10-04, 07:31 PM
You know nothing about me!

mKyrian growls and gathers his stuff, before leaving.

Thes Hunter
2006-10-06, 01:17 AM
Thes walks down one of the docks and leans on a plinth, staring out to sea, watching how the moonlight plays over the rippling water.

" I could die for a cig at the moment." she mutters to no one but herself.

Trog
2006-10-06, 01:22 AM
Trog wanders down the docks, his cigarette smoke blowing downwind in Thes' face. He leans agains the rail and watches the seabirds for a bit.

Flying rats.

He talks to Thes but keeps his eyes on the gulls.

That's what they are. Ought to feed em all some Alka-seltzer and watch 'em explode.

*puffs*

Thes Hunter
2006-10-06, 01:26 AM
Thes keeps staring off to sea.

"Aw... they aren't so bad. They're just trying to make a living, like everything else. Just so happens their good at eating garbage, which is good for them. Less competition."

She speaks as if she isn't really there.

Trog
2006-10-06, 01:29 AM
Trog inhales

Tro...er...suppose so. But they are still filthy. Why can't the city just invest in an Otyugh and get with the times?

Exhales a puff of smoke and looks sidelong at Thes with a guarded expression.

Thes Hunter
2006-10-06, 01:44 AM
"Even with an Otyugh the gulls would still circle and spin above the town. It's their way, it's what they do. However, I think if I were a gull, I would much prefer to find my food in the sea, instead of needing to take the scraps the humans leave behind."

She continues to stare dreamily out at sea.

"The moon is beautiful tonight. How it's silver sheen glimmers off the black mirror of the sea. Sometimes I feel as if the ocean is calling to me. But not today, the ocean doesn't want me today."

Trog
2006-10-06, 01:59 AM
Trog looks at Thes in surprise and squints at her, sizing her up.

That's a beautiful sentiment. You have a good way with words. The ocean never called for.. .... um, But being a fisherman. Not that Tr...uh... would be nice.

"Before I die I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisheman."

Or so a bard once said.

Trog puffs and listens to the waves splashing against the pier

Thes Hunter
2006-10-06, 02:07 AM
Thes looks down at the pier and shudders slightly.

"I never wish to be a fisherman again. It's all fish guts and awful it is. It has taken me a long time to come back to the sea."


But again she looks out at the sea and says "And I was speaking of going drowning, for the strangels to take me deep down in their brine, down into the endless blue wine. But not today, the ocean doesn't want me today."

She peers off with a eerily distant gaze.

Trog
2006-10-06, 02:12 AM
Trog tries unsucessfully to picture Thes as a fisherman. Then shudders at the mention of wine.

Don't talk about wine. Or the wine-dark sea. Though that actually exists... but not on this plane.

*puffs*

Thes Hunter
2006-10-06, 02:19 AM
Thes seems to snap 'out of it', "Are you saying there exists a sea made entirely of wine?!"

She turns to look at her conversation partner for the first time....and gasps "YOU!"

"What do you want? Why won't you leave me alone? Never mind... I have things I must do."

She attempts to stalk past Trog.

Trog
2006-10-06, 02:30 AM
What the hell else does Trog have to do?!

It's his turn to get upset now.

I mean - All Trog does all day long, all week long is serve drinks and clean up after drunks! It's like being at friggin home again! No one talks to Trog. All they do is ask Trog for things. "Trog I need a drink" Trog I'm hungry. Trog when are you gonna pay us! Who the heck else is Trog gonna talk to around here?!

Amiria is cloistered away in her tower working on magical experiments for weeks on end. It's not like Trog has any friends that he can hang out with or talk with!

But yeah. Fine. Go do your things. Go burn some more wineries. Trog heard about that. You know that you're never gonna make a dent in his supply line here don't you?

Bah. What am I talking about. You don't want Trog's advice you just want to yell at Trog when Trog is nice to you. As usual.

Feh. Whatever.

Trog hops off the pier and walks along the beach not looking back.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-06, 02:31 AM
Mortia limps onto the docks, whistling a merry tune.

Thes Hunter
2006-10-06, 02:37 AM
Thes hears his words and stops and turns and watches him leave. She draws circles with her fingers on top of a nearby plith while she watches his figure slowly become smaller.

However, soon her features harden and she turns aburptly and stalks off in the oppisite direction.

She sees Mortia, her employer and stops dead in her tracks. She looks down at her feet and then says "Hiya.... boss?"



(( BTW right now, Thes is straving and dehydrated, since she hasn't eaten or drank anything for days. ))


(( And Mortia, if you want anything else to transpire, PM me. I need to be up in 4 hours... so I better hit the hay. Specially since I got a 4 hour drive tomorrow ))

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-06, 02:47 AM
((Nope, just wondering around the town, happened to bump into you. If your starving, come by the temple and get a pay check every once and a while....)) ;D

((have a good night))


Mortia is starlted by the sudden apearance of someone calling him Boss, but he just keeps walking, wistling the same merry tune...

BelkarsDagger
2006-10-06, 02:58 AM
The Shadow appears in a flash of darkness on a pier. He ignores 'Mortia', and stares out to sea, singing a song under his breath. Even with an insanely high listen check, only one part is intelligeable. [Infernal] ...only the strongest will survive... He continues humming, and he keeps repeating the song, some more snatches becoming audible periodically. [Infernal]...they fall in line, one at a time... no time to lose, we've got to move... ... ...your cover's blown, no where to go...

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-06, 03:05 AM
((^: I love that song!
...
...
...
KIRBY!
(b^.^)b
))

BelkarsDagger
2006-10-06, 03:07 AM
((^: I love that song!
...
...
...
KIRBY!
(b^.^)b
))

((I wish Youtube had a 'repeat' feature...))

[Infernal] Theres nothing left, so save your breath... ... ...show me the way... Only the strongest will survive... He eventually vanishes into black mist, still quietly singing.

Clover
2006-10-07, 12:49 PM
*Clover sits quietly at a *secluded part of the docks. nobody walks past often, and she's left to herself...*

*She jumps when the sword ans shield materialise next to her.*

What do you want?

*They force their way into her hands.*

To speak... do you know what you did?

Something i shouldn't have done... something I won't do again...

You don't know how serious this is do you? You don't know just how much you've done already

At least I haven't killed anyone

really? Do you know what happened when you left, when we stayed?

*She looks slightly worried*

What?

He died

SHUT UP!!! he's not dead... he can't be...

he is, and its your fault!

No! I didn't! I wouldn't! It-it wasn't me!

*She begins crying*

not you? ... perhaps not... perhaps it was those who forced you...

What do you mean?

Cathrindir and the dragon-man... they pushed you too far, all you wanted to do is leave. It's there fault he's dead.

No! cath isn't like that... I know him

hardly... in a way, h killed Ilev... what are you going to do?

Nothing that you can make me do

Of course not, we can't do anything. Neither can you! Your weak!

Shut up! Leave me alone!

Allyou need is us and a few reinforcements... and you can avenge Ilev's death...

*Clover wipes her eys, though she still cries.*

how..?

[hr]
*Clover leaves*

[hr]
*The next day, Clover comes back to her ship and sets sail for Fortunis.*

npc4hire
2006-10-09, 09:27 AM
The librarian and Greeny walk along the quayside and sit down on its edge, Libris dangling her feet over the water, and Greeny staring into its depths. Libris looks out across the sea as she scratches the wolf's head fondly and sighs.

Ares
2006-10-09, 10:28 AM
"Care for some company, lovely?"

Ares steps out from an alley, and smiles at the librarian and Greeny.

npc4hire
2006-10-09, 10:31 AM
The librarian scrambles to her feet, runs to Ares and wraps her arms tightly around him. She hugs him tightly before stepping back to take a good look at him.

"Hey handsome," she says, grinning.

Ares
2006-10-09, 10:34 AM
Ares smiles.

"Hey to you too, how are you?"

npc4hire
2006-10-09, 10:39 AM
"I'm good, I've been well looked after," the librarian replies. "And you?" She looks a little concerned. "Greeny's told me that there's been a lot of activity lately."

Ares
2006-10-09, 10:47 AM
Ares looks down at the ground.

"There has been...and I unfortunetly have done a couple of things I'm not proud of....but the wolf was there beside me, making sure I wouldn't ever harm you, and I owe him for that..."

npc4hire
2006-10-09, 11:53 AM
The librarian looks concerned for a moment and looks at Greeny questioningly.

"It's not what you're thinking," the wolf replies hastily. "The temple's still standing and he hasn't hunted down Mortia, though shock knows I wouldn't mind having a few choice words with him." The librarian looks relieved and places a hand softly on Ares' cheek, smiling.

"So long as you don't go mad on me too," she says, and then kisses him gently on the lips.

Ares
2006-10-09, 11:55 AM
"You're the one thing that keeps me from it. Just the thought of you can help get me through almost anything."

Ares draws Libris closer, kissing her again.

npc4hire
2006-10-09, 12:08 PM
The librarian grins and then buries her face in Ares' shoulder for a minute.

"I'm sorry I had to leave you," she says, enjoying the embrace. *"I had to be sure that Mortia wasn't on some sort of rampage. *But I can't hide forever... nor would I want to."

Ares
2006-10-09, 12:15 PM
"I would hope you wouldn't want to hide forever...I would rather like to marry you someday..."

Ares grins and runs a hand through the librarian's hair.

npc4hire
2006-10-09, 12:27 PM
"Haven't I scared you off yet?" the librarian asks. She begins to count things off on her fingers. "Possession, theft, dragons, talking wolves-"

"Damn straight."

" - and that's just my past. Who knows what'll happen next?" she asks, smiling.

Ares
2006-10-09, 12:32 PM
"As long as you'll have me, I can face whatever comes next, beside you."

He returns the smile.

"Besides, you know some of my past...and yet you're still here with me."

npc4hire
2006-10-09, 12:37 PM
"Don't say I didn't warn you, then," she says with a wink, before returning to the edge of the quayside and dangling her legs over the water again. She looks over her shoulder at Ares.

"Besides... I'm getting Lykan as an in-law. I think we're well-matched for trouble."

Ares
2006-10-09, 12:40 PM
"He doesn't seem too fond of us getting married. He kept giving me weird looks at Trog's the other night."

Ares sits down beside Libris.

npc4hire
2006-10-09, 12:45 PM
"He spoke to me briefly on the topic," the librarian says, frowning slightly. *Greeny walks to the other side of her and nudges her head affectionately with his nose. *"But I didn't get the impression he disapproved as such just... well, it wasn't an issue."

Ares
2006-10-09, 01:09 PM
"Last I knew...he didn't like me. After helping him out with family issues...he still has yet to speak to me...but maybe I'm just being paranoid about it."

Ares wraps an arm around Libris.

Lykan
2006-10-09, 01:46 PM
"Last I knew...he didn't like me. After helping him out with family issues...he still has yet to speak to me...but maybe I'm just being paranoid about it."

Ares wraps an arm around Libris.
[Oi! He responded! :P]

npc4hire
2006-10-09, 02:22 PM
((Thanks wolfman, but it's actually taken me THIS long just to get back and mod that post - I realised there was a mistake, honest!))

The librarian leans against Ares but gives a slightly troubled look to Greeny. The wolf lies down beside her and gives her hand a comforting lick.

Ares
2006-10-09, 02:31 PM
"Hey, let's go home...I'll try and see if I can't make you something nice for dinner..."

Ares smiles, and helps Libris up. Greeny leads the way, and Ares and Libris follow. Ares wraps his arm around Libris' waist as the three of them head for home.

Dispozition
2006-10-13, 08:36 AM
*Mesto (see sig for picture) walks into the Docks with a company of soldiers*

"Well...Here it is. The docks. Set up a perimiter at the peirs they're most likely to use."

"Yes sir!"

"Good. I'll come back in a few hours to see how you're going"

*Most of the soldiers start setting up crude baricades along the biggest peirs and the rest stand guard*

Cathrindir
2006-10-13, 05:21 PM
Cathrindir walks down to the docks and steps onto a pier. He walks down to the end of it and watches the water for a time, then turns to the soldiers building barricades with a quizzical expression. He walks up to one of them.
"Excuse me, what are you doing?"

Xiagu
2006-10-13, 05:39 PM
Zetrax leaps from the nearest building's roof and lands balanced on the dock's railing, staring out into the sea.

[hr]
He turns to Cathrindir and says "So, what are you doing here?"

Cathrindir
2006-10-13, 05:40 PM
Cathrindir turns to Zetrax and raises an eyebrow. "Just admiring the sea. Do I know you?"

Xiagu
2006-10-13, 05:41 PM
"I wouldn't think you would."

Cathrindir
2006-10-13, 05:44 PM
"In which case, I'm Cathrindir." Cathrindir extends a hand. "You?"

Xiagu
2006-10-13, 05:49 PM
"I'm-" He pauses as a shadow of doubt flits across his face."-Zetrax." He reaches out and shakes hands with Cathrindir.

Cathrindir
2006-10-13, 05:51 PM
"A pleasure to meet you, Zetrax." Cathrindir turns his view back to the sea. "So, what are you doing here?"

Xiagu
2006-10-13, 05:53 PM
"Staring at the ocean, for lack of anything better to do." He sighs.

Cathrindir
2006-10-13, 05:58 PM
"Ah." Cathrindir continues watching the waves with an interested expression.

Xiagu
2006-10-13, 06:00 PM
Zetrax turns back to the sea and stares at it, as if expecting something to happen.

[hr]
He sighs, then steps off the railing and walks away.

Cathrindir
2006-10-13, 06:06 PM
Cathrindir acknowledges Zetrax's absence with a brief nod as he continues staring at the sea.
___________________________
After a while he sighs and heads back into the Town.

Lucky
2006-10-13, 10:52 PM
A small boat floats in on a suddenly strong wind, when it lands a figure of a tall man steps off, muttering a incoprehensible word that causes the boat to fold up into a small box, which is then store in the pouch on the man's belt.

Now what is this place I do wonder? Hmmm... Another playground for myself? Heh. Only one way to find out. With a cocky smile the man heads into the town.

Madmal
2006-10-13, 10:55 PM
Mal walks trough the beach, while holding a very thick book

he's good...but uninformed....i wonder..
He walks to the town...

Dispozition
2006-10-14, 06:16 AM
*One of the soldiers setting up baricades on the docks looks up and see's a fleet on the horizon*

"Uhhh...Captain...I think the enemy has arrived..."

*The captain looks up and cries out*

"Somebody go get Mesto! NOW!!"

*One of the soldiers runs off to the beach*

Ilev10000
2006-10-14, 07:43 AM
Ilev comes in from the street, investigating the noise. He looks out to sea.

"A sea battle? Against who?"

He squints ahead, trying to make who is on the ships, but can't see due to the distance. He merely sits and watches until one side wins.

Dispozition
2006-10-14, 07:46 AM
Rebel Lookout

"A sea battle against a great Evil. That's who. Lucky that our Commander, Mesto, and a few of the more able town folk are out there to repel them."

Ilev10000
2006-10-14, 09:27 AM
Ilev sighs and leaves.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-14, 09:47 AM
El Jaspero, the Pirate King, runs down to the docks from the Town's streets and leaps into a waiting boat. His half-orc bo'sun grins and salutes.

Top o' the mornin', Cap'n. Shall we have a bit of fun then?

El J nods with a smile. "The Liza, and damn fast, Dovis." He settles back to think about last night as the sailors row fast and steady out to his waiting ship This time...this time I am fighting for something. Agneta, I will not fail you.

Lucky
2006-10-14, 11:50 AM
Traven walks onto the docks, and looks around, seeing no one around, heads to the beach for his experiment.

Cathrindir
2006-10-14, 11:58 AM
Cathrindir walks down onto the Docks and out onto a pier. He stares at the sea for a few moments, then looks up, seeing something on the horizon. He watches the Liza Jane and the fleet for a few minutes, lines of worry creasing his face.

Lucky
2006-10-14, 12:03 PM
Traven walks back onto the docks, and looks around for any signs of life.

Seft Sirag
2006-10-14, 12:04 PM
Val walks onto the docks, looking out to sea. spotting Cathrindir, he approaches him. so, what's all this about, then? he asks.

Cathrindir
2006-10-14, 12:05 PM
Cathrindir appears to be a sign of life. He continues watching the ships worriedly, then notices Traven. "Excuse me, do you know what's going on out there?" Seeing Val, he shrugs. "I don't know, but I might just go out there and find out."

Lucky
2006-10-14, 12:10 PM
Out there? Blasted if I know, besides lots of guns firing, I don't know a damn thing about it.

You wouldn't by any chance have a ship I could... borrow, would you?

Seft Sirag
2006-10-14, 12:11 PM
Val nods in response to Cathrindir. I'm tempted to as well. Not that its really any of my business, but I enjoy a bit of Naval action from time to time.

Cathrindir
2006-10-14, 12:12 PM
"A ship? I only have a canoe. Why?" Cathrindir keeps his eyes on the battle. "Aye; besides, one of the ships out there is the Liza Jane."

Lucky
2006-10-14, 12:16 PM
Er... No reason... Where would you keep this canoe? Traven asks, his interest peaked.

Cathrindir
2006-10-14, 12:17 PM
"The back room of my Temple." Cathrindir answers absentmindedly, still watching.

Seft Sirag
2006-10-14, 12:19 PM
what's so special about the liza jane? Val asks, curiously.

Lucky
2006-10-14, 12:21 PM
I see... Who would this temple be... dedicated to? I'm... interested in re-establishing my faith. Traven pries.

Cathrindir
2006-10-14, 12:22 PM
"It's El Jaspero's ship. I figure any battle it would be in would have to be significant..." Cathrindir keeps watching, but fumbles around in his bag of holding for a scroll of Teleport. "It's a Temple to Zamrel. If you're interested in re-establishing your faith, one of my Clerics could help..."

Lucky
2006-10-14, 12:23 PM
Excellent... Zamrel? Yes., I've heard of him, he is quite a good god... Where would I find this temple?

Cathrindir
2006-10-14, 12:26 PM
Cathrindir waves a hand in the Temple's direction. "Down there, same block as Trog's, third one on the right. It's painted blue, hard to miss." He turns around, holding a scroll of Teleport. "Anyone else want to go out there?"

Seft Sirag
2006-10-14, 12:27 PM
Val frowns slightly El Jaspero... as in the Trog's manager? which ship is it? he asks, looking out over the water at the ships. yeah, I'll join you. he adds.

Lucky
2006-10-14, 12:27 PM
Traven, saying no more, quickly heads towards the Temple.

((Cath, you got a PM.))

Cathrindir
2006-10-14, 12:31 PM
Cathrindir points at the large beautfiul ship returning fire at the fleet. "It's that one. Just grab ahold of me." Cathrindir holds out an arm and begins preparing the spell, keeping his eyes on the battle.

Seft Sirag
2006-10-14, 12:32 PM
Val grabs Cathrindir's arm wondering what it is he's doing.

Cathrindir
2006-10-14, 12:34 PM
Cathrindir finishes the spell and disappears, along with Val.

Renrik
2006-10-14, 01:24 PM
Renrik sits on the end of a peir, lookig northward, a golden medallion clutched tightly in one hand and his other hand gently stroking the unadorned hilt of his dagger.

Corellon
2006-10-14, 07:39 PM
A small dot appears on the horizon. Over time, it slowly grows bigger, though it makes frequent stops which seriously impede it's progress. Eventually, it is close enough to be seen properly.

A smallish boat with a limp sail is being rowed towards the docks by a sinewy man with a broken wooden board.

As he draws nearer, you can plainly see that he is rowing a damaged folding boat which is leaking quite badly. Suddenly, a gust of wind picks up, and the man stops rowing and stands up, picking up a baling bucket as he does so. He is tall and sinewy, and is wearing a dirty white linen shirt with volumnous sleeves that is open at the chest. His pants are volumnous, dark brown leather pants that are tucked into the tops of his almost knee-high black leather boots. He is wearing a three-pronged pirate's hat at a jaunty angle, and he shades his eyes with one hand as he looks towards the docks. His greasy, jet-black hair is drawn back into a loose ponytail that falls midway down his back. A magnificent rapier dangles sheathless at his side, tucked into his thick leather belt. As the wind picks up even further, the tiny boat is propelled forward onto the sandy shore of a beach not far from the docks. Leaping out of the boat, the man drops to his knees and kisses the sand several times before straightening and dealing the small boat a swift kick that staves in one side of the hull. The man looks around himself and, catching sight of a large warehouse, starts walking towards it.

Seft Sirag
2006-10-15, 08:59 AM
Val leaves the Liza Jane, and walks wearily through the docks, making his way back into town.

McBish
2006-10-15, 12:15 PM
McBish falls from the sky landing with a thud. He sits up and heads back into town. Healing him self on the way. *cure light wounds*

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:16 PM
The Dancing Man lands in front of McBish, a massive grin on his face. He leans backwards, and his baseball cap morphs into a martial arts head band, and purple energy gathers into his hands.

McBish
2006-10-15, 12:17 PM
McBish holds his finger in front of him and he seems to be holding his tongue. *He walks around the dancing man so his back isn't to the ocean (can't swim). *"That wasn't nice." Seeing the energy. "But I'll forgive you this time."

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:19 PM
The Dancing Man throws a small ball of purple fire at him.
((5d6!))

McBish
2006-10-15, 12:21 PM
McBish gets hit with this fire. *"Running time now." *He turns and starts to run from the Dancing Man.

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:22 PM
A large bouncing crate lands in front of McBish, its parchute falling to one side. The Dancing Man sees it and runs for it.

McBish
2006-10-15, 12:24 PM
McBish backs away from the crate nearly backing into Dancing Man. "Um, I think this is just one big misuderstanding. Maybe we could just talk about it?"

Exachix
2006-10-15, 12:24 PM
((no, it's not.

ARMAGEDDON!))

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:25 PM
((Doh. Should have grabbed the crate))
The Dancing Man reaches the crate and pulls out an oddly large bazooka. He turns around, grinning.

McBish
2006-10-15, 12:27 PM
"Listen now, lets not do anything hasty..." *McBish fumps of the docks into the water*

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:28 PM
The Dancing Man looks down into the water and jumps up and down excitedly.
((Did you do that on purpose?))

McBish
2006-10-15, 12:29 PM
(yes) *McBish swims under the dock*

Lucky
2006-10-15, 12:30 PM
Traven sprints through the Docks, headed towards the Den.

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:31 PM
((So you've played Worms Armageddon?))
The Dancing Man walks back towards the streets, putting the bazooka in his pocket, and then he sees Traven.

He pulls out the bazooka again.

Cathrindir
2006-10-15, 12:32 PM
Cathrindir follows, obviosuly tiring and out of breath. He makes a last effort and charges into the Den after Traven.

McBish
2006-10-15, 12:33 PM
(nope never heard of it.) McBish climbs back onto the docks after the Dancing Man leaves.

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:35 PM
((Ah. Well suffice to say, if someone falls into the water, they are out of the game. ;)))

The Dancing Man aims his bazooka at Traven.

McBish
2006-10-15, 12:36 PM
*McBish runs waving his arms over his head*

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-15, 12:36 PM
Daedrous follows Cathrindir and Traven.

AmberVael
2006-10-15, 12:49 PM
Tired of waiting for them to come back out, the Dancing Man goes into the Den as well.

McBish
2006-10-15, 10:48 PM
McBish walks to the docks. He sits around waiting to see if anyone is around.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-15, 10:50 PM
McBish. This is Iames. I was looking for you earlier this evening, pursuant to the tip you left at the station. I'm outside Trog's.

McBish
2006-10-15, 10:51 PM
(assuming I heard that in my head.)
"what... ok. *I'll see you there. *This town is, intersting." Heads to Trogs.

Renrik
2006-10-15, 11:15 PM
Renrik sits on a rooftop of a warehouse, looking out at the docks, making mental notes on the ships and their crews, and plotting out courses on a map.
------------
having made his notes, he leaves.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-16, 03:10 AM
A shadow slips into the docks, almost unseen. A massive figure walks with a staff, a black dragon carved onto the top. Cloak billowing in the slight rain almost hides the massive wings, and the glimmering scales. He goes into a shadow down on the beach, below the wooden planks and beams, and waits.

Kyrian
2006-10-16, 03:15 AM
From shadows farther up the docks...two pitch black eyes watch the shadow.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-16, 04:07 AM
The shadow gets the strange feeling of being watched, and steps into a sliver of light, and says,

Who ever isss there, ssshow yoursssself. I promicccce, I wont hurt you....

Kyrian
2006-10-16, 04:12 AM
Kyrian steps out from the shadows, his eyes darker that DbtMD himself. He says nothing.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-16, 04:16 AM
DbtMD smiles, throwing back his hood, and opening the cloak. His staff clicks, the sound of some internal mechinizm, and the blade shoots straight up, then ***** down, his scythe apearing. He takes a step forward, his red eyes glowing in the half light.


Ah, the godling. Jusssst the man to try my new sssskillssss on...

No pretensssse here, no gamessssss let usssss begin...

Kyrian
2006-10-16, 04:19 AM
Kyrian scoffs, and crosses his arms in front of his chest.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-16, 04:23 AM
DbtMD takes his scythe, and puts the shaft across his shoulders, his arms draped casualy across it. He looks at Kyrian, a smile playing on his lips.

Verry well...

He says, twisting his neck and popping it.

Then, faster than a creature his size should be able to move, D flashes across the distance between them, his shoulder hunched down, ready to land in Kyrians chest.

Kyrian
2006-10-16, 04:26 AM
Kyrian accepts the blow to the chest, and flies backwards through the air. He crashes through a warehouse wall, and for a few moments, it almost seems like he was killed. Almost.

Without warning, the warehouse explodes, pieces ranging in all shapes and sizes flying in every direction. Kyrian stands in the middle of the wreckage, about ten feet up in the air. He cracks his neck and knuckles, and returns to his cross armed position, still ten feet up.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-16, 04:30 AM
Ohhh.....

This is going to be fun...

D says, his scythe switching hands. He jumps into the air, his wings beating hard. He once again seems to dissapear, but just moves so fast that he cant be seen by normal creatures. He apears behind and above Kyrian, the scythe comming across in a deadly arc towards Kyrian's head.

Kyrian
2006-10-16, 04:35 AM
There is a loud ring, as steel hits steel. Renegade is blocking the scythe's path, but to DbtMD's suprise, Kyrian hasn't turned around, let alone....he's not holding the sword.

Suddenly, his eyes return to their normal color, and both sword and saiyan drop to the ground.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-16, 04:37 AM
D follows the sayian down to the ground, scythe first.

Kyrian
2006-10-16, 04:40 AM
Kyrian takes the scythe in the shoulder, and cries out. In a flash, he rips said scythe out, and grabs onto top of it, using it to propel himself into a spinning kick, aimed at DbtMD's face.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-16, 04:43 AM
The kick lands solid, propelling D through the air, spinning in 3 ways at once, and into the ocean. The force is such that a giant gyser fills the twilight air, silently falling back to the water.

After a few moments, there is a glow down below the water, and suddenly, a giant fire ball is flying at Kyrian. As the ball flys through the air, the scythe flys on its own down into the water.

Kyrian
2006-10-16, 04:44 AM
Kyrian rolls and sheaths Renegade, and the sword's magic protects him from the fire.

Kyrian
2006-10-16, 04:44 AM
((bug?...*cries*))

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-16, 04:48 AM
D apears dircetly behind Kyrian, the scythe swinging backwards through the air, the back of the staff aiming dead center at Kyrian's middle.

Kyrian
2006-10-16, 04:50 AM
The staff hits the sheathed Renegade. Kyrian growls and turns. He fires a large ball of light energy at DbtMD.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-16, 05:20 AM
D goes flying straight up in the air, but stops at about 100 feet, the energy fizzeling around him. He yells, a snareling, spitting yell, and charges again. As he falls through the air, he doubles in size, his muccles bulging benith his scales.

As he falls, his scythe begins to glow an angry red, leaving a trail of light behind him.

As he falls, a shadow apears around him in the form of giant black dragon, venom dripping off of its massive fangs.

As he falls, a bolt of lightning apears in his outstreached hand, and both his scythe, the shadow dragon, and the lightning bolt all hit at the same time.

Are you going to fight!!!

He screams

Kyrian
2006-10-16, 05:25 AM
A fire rages through Kyrian's eyes, turning them pitch black again. He looks up at the charging DbtMD, and speaks.

No.

Renegade absorbs the lightning. (I love my sword ;D) Kyrian whips a hand out to the side, turning the shadow away, before taking his other hand, and catching the scythe, which he then tosses aside.

[hr]

He vanishes.

AmberVael
2006-10-16, 12:03 PM
With a poof of smoke, an eerie wail and amidst a flock of dancing flamingoes, the Dancing Man appears. He raises his cane and a loud voice shouts out behind him, as he poses solemnly and determindly.
TODAY THE MUFFINS DIE!
He holds his pose for a while, then walks down the street.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 07:07 AM
A beam of blackness shoots onto the docks, and up into the air, up and up and up. after a few hundred feet, the beam stops, and DbtMD is revealed, holding the libris brother in one outstreached hand. He shouts,

Kyrian!!!

Save his life, by killing me!

He looks to the rouge.

You dont mind being bait, do you?

He begins to laugh.

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 07:10 AM
Lightning begins striking the ground, about five feet in front of DbtMD (yes, I know he's in the air.) From it, Kyrian emerges.

Are you really so pathetic, that you have to have a hostage? You're the only godling around here, and a very pathetic one at that.

npc4hire
2006-10-17, 07:15 AM
"What the...?" The rogue assesses his situation. "GAHHH!!!" He scowls and remembers his brief fight with Sapphire yesterday and thinks of the poisoned needles he carries. It would be easy enough to get DbtMD with one, or maybe more... but what poisons to use?

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 07:22 AM
Pethitic?

DbtMD asks, a fang toothed smile on his lips.

Well, end my Pethitic life, and he lives.

A figure begins to form around Libris, containing him, and suspending him in mid air.

I only wish for you to fight at your maximum! I have all theses wonderful new powers, and they are yet untested! End my extistance and this cage dissapears. refuse to fight me, and he dies. That simple.

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 07:28 AM
You can't handle me at maximum....but ok.

Kyrian vanishes. He reappears dirrectly in front of DbtMD's face, his foot crashing towards DbtMD's mouth. After that, he vanishes again, and appears behind DbtMD, Renegade being stabbed towards DbtMD's back. Again he vanishes, reappearing in front of DbtMD again. This time, Renegade is sheathed. He fires a large ball of light energy at DbtMD.

((Remember: Renegade is an adamantine blade, with Fire, Ice, and Lightning properties. Oh....and it's got Dragon's Bane, thanks to Mortia giving Kyrian that other sword. ;D))

npc4hire
2006-10-17, 07:30 AM
The rogue makes a sudden attempt to stab at DbtMD with a needle, but finds himself suddenly caught. On hearing DbtMD's words, he kicks at the cage in frustration.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 07:30 AM
All the attacks hit, sending DbtMD spinning in 3 diffrent dirrections at once, his black blood flying away. He crashes into the streets, digging a deep crater below him, and the energy ball following, burrying him even deeper.

At the bottom of the crater, no movement can be seen.

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 07:31 AM
Kyrian draws Renegade, and dives into the crater, thrusting the great sword at DbtMD's heart.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 07:34 AM
The powerful sword hits where it was aiming, but only earth lay benith Kyrian, DbtMD apearing right behind Kyrian, his scythe comming around with one hand, From another angle, he seems to come also, his other hand throwing a fire ball at him, and from yet another, his mouth opens to release his breath weapon.

Now this is a fight!!

He laughs.

give me more!

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 07:34 AM
((Ok, sayian, could you kill this bug please?))

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 07:36 AM
The fireball is absorbed by the blade, and Kyrian vanishes. Suddenly, ten Kyrian's appear, surrounding DbtMD. In unision, they all thrust Renegade at DbtMD's heart.

((And yes, they're all real))

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 07:38 AM
DbtMD vanishes again, a rezidual immage left in his wake. When he reapears, there are ten of him also, each one above the Kyrians, the scythe's half way to their targets.

((wasnt this my trick in the temple a while back? ;D))

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 07:40 AM
As one, the Kyrian's duck the scythes and cast godly powered Hold Person and Hold Monster.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 07:43 AM
The DbtMD's flinch back, but the black mist comes out of nowhere, dispelling the magics. He seems suprized.

Ha HA! You see! I am at least you equal! soon I will be your better!

He laughs, as he once again begins his attacks, comming at the Kyrians from 4 dircetions at once, his attacks to quick for normal eyes to see.

((yes, that is me being uncreative. Sorry, but Ive got about 15 min. left to be online...))

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 07:45 AM
All the Kyrian's merge as one.

You'll never be my equal.

Kyrian kicks the scythe's aside, and begns hacking away with Renegade.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 07:51 AM
DbtMD Smiles and says,

We`ll see...


((gonna go into fast forward real quick, if you dont like it, let me know, and I will edit it...))

DbtMD manages to merge into one, as well as block most of the attacks. The ones that get through are quickly healed by the mist. Round and round the two circle, the rings of the battle echoing through out the whole town, the motions too quick to be seen by human eyes. Up, down, north, east, west, the combantants go, gravity seeming not to affect them, each taking and dealing damage in kind. After a few moments of Armagedon in real life, a loud boom is heard, breaking windows for miles, as a dark streak flys across the sky, and lands in the water, a gyser a thousand feet high filling the night sky.

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 07:52 AM
((it works ;D))

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 07:59 AM
As the unknown figure flys into the ocean, the wave reaches the shore, and the other fighter is nowhere to be seen, the cage that holds the rogue begins to shake.

A sadistic laughter can be heard...

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 08:00 AM
Kyrian rushes to the cage, inspecting it.

npc4hire
2006-10-17, 08:01 AM
The rogue curses.
"What's happening?! Get me out!" he yells in alarm.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 08:03 AM
Kyrian, inspecting the cage, realises that its a gods force cage, and cannot be penetrated. Even by another god.

The cage begins to go up. Slowly at first, but then faster and faster, the laughter getting louder.

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 08:04 AM
Kyrian flies underneath it.

npc4hire
2006-10-17, 08:07 AM
The rogue looks at the increasing distance betwen him and the ground.

"My way or yours, then," he says, selecting a needle from his set. He looks at Kyrian. "Hurry!"

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 08:07 AM
DbtMD' voice can be heard, though he isnt any where to be seen.

Oh! the godling wants to save the day! Perhaps not this time, Kyrian. Yes, if I drop the cage away, you will surley catch him, but if he cant breath....

The voice once again fades into laughter, deep and evil.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 08:08 AM
((thats it! The bug is dead. I sugest a storyline to squish it...))

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 08:09 AM
Kyrian ignores the voice.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 08:10 AM
The cage goes higher and higher, soon the curve of the earth can be seen, the town not even a glimps below. The air begins to get thin, and the Rogue begins to get light headed and is having a hard time breathing.

Then the cage begins to shrink.

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 08:14 AM
Kyrian goes above the cage, and pushes it downwards, with all his strength and with Telekinetic Force

npc4hire
2006-10-17, 08:14 AM
The rogue shakes his head. No, he isn't going to allow this. He won't be crushed or suffocated.

He flinches slightly.
His eyes close.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 08:16 AM
The cage slows slightly, but the two forces, up and down, cause the cage to shrink quicker. The space getting small for the rogue.

Seeing what the rogue is doing, the laughter becomes completely insain...

Then it goes quiet. All is still, and the cage stops it progression.

It is done!

The voice says, a shadowy figure of DbtMD apearing infront of Kyrian.

Too bad you couldnt save him. So disapointing....

The cage dissapears, and Libris begins to fall.

((@V@ Ha! I called it first!))

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 08:17 AM
Kyrian touches the cage, and manifests Psionic Greater Teleport, sending both him and the cage back to the ground.

Death_by_the_Moon
2006-10-17, 08:20 AM
((Kyrian, and the now non exstinate cage are on the ground. Libris, is sitting at about 125000 feet. No, 124... 123...122...))

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 08:21 AM
Kyrian teleports back up, grabs Libris, and teleports to safety.

npc4hire
2006-10-17, 08:24 AM
The rogue is completely unresponsive.

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 08:26 AM
Kyrian casts True Ressurection, and vows that DbtMD will pay.

npc4hire
2006-10-17, 08:31 AM
The rogue opens his eyes and frowns.

"Ah heck, that was a waste of hangman's kindness. It's pricey stuff too." He grins. "Is the bad guy gone?"

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 08:32 AM
Kyrian nods, and stands.

npc4hire
2006-10-17, 08:40 AM
The rogue gets to his feet shakily and sways. He finds a small vial of fluid from his pocket and swallows it, scowling at the bitter taste.

"I wasn't about to let that beast crush me or suffocate me," he says irritably. "I've got enough power to decide that much. Gods, I could use a drink, though."

He staggers uncertainly and slowly towards the town.

Kyrian
2006-10-17, 08:43 AM
Kyrian vanishes.

Renrik
2006-10-17, 12:49 PM
Elsewhere in the docks, Renrik the assassin sits poised on the end of the pier, a common sight these days. A cold wind blows across the bay, and the assassin draws his cloak tighter about him.

I swear, I've never gotten used to the sight of the sun during the dark months.

He draws his cloak even tighter about himself, and heads into the town.

Lucky
2006-10-18, 07:09 PM
Traven walks to the pier, and places an advertisement on on of the posts.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/945/blackdragonsdensz8.png (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1160880960)

He stands for a moment before heading to the Den.

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-19, 09:29 PM
Gaheris and Percival flew low over the harbor, outlined against the setting sun. The gryphon sideslipped right to dodge around the masts of a sailing ship and came in low over the pier it was tied next to, as Gaheris stood in the stirrups and launched himself into a backflip over Percy's haunches. The magic of the ring gracing his left hand kicked in as he started to fall, slowing him and bringing him to a safe landing on the pilings. He immediately began to walk towards shore as though nothing unusual had happened as Percival wheeled up into the sky to await his call.

Kenyon
2006-10-27, 04:18 PM
Kenyon walks around the docks at a determined pace, asking loiterers in the seedier areas a barrage of questions. Apparently not getting the answers he wants, he gets more and more aggressive with every person he asks, stopping short of physical violence.

Finally, one of the bums he asks, after being shook around for a bit, gives him an answer that piques his interest. He then takes off for one of the larger warehouses in the area.

((Man, it's good to be back.))

Kyrian
2006-10-28, 11:48 AM
Kyrian appears on the docks, he stares out in whichever direction the Liza Jane is, and growls.

Ordering your men to fire on sight of me? They wouldn't stand a chance if I decided to step onto that ship of yours.

Kyrian looks around and finds a lone hobo, which he kicks into a wall. As the hobo falls and looks up with fear in his eyes, Kyrian stabs one of his daggers into the poor man's heart, instantly killing him. He grins as he wipes the blade clean and walks off.

Kenyon
2006-10-28, 12:16 PM
Kenyon comes back from the warehouse district, frustrated with his wild goose chase. Coming back to the area where he found the bum who gave him the false lead, he finds the man dead, stabbed through the heart.

He sighs, and covers the body with a ratty blanket he finds nearby. Grumbling to himself about the crazies in this place, he heads back to the main part of town, hoping he can find a lead there.

Kyrian
2006-10-28, 12:18 PM
((Nice job with that Kenyon...I didn't even see the use of bums in your post :D))

Lucky
2006-10-28, 03:25 PM
Traven steps out onto the Docks. He walks up the pier and looks out towards the horizon. He smiles to himself as he thinks about the future of his businesses, and what else this Town has to offer him.

B-Man
2006-10-28, 03:35 PM
Kain enters the Docks and walks toward a pier where he looks out at the water.

Konrad stops on the roof of a near by warehouse, still keeping his eye out for his brother, but becomes distracted and becomes lost in his thoughts.

Lucky
2006-10-28, 03:46 PM
Traven turns and immediately recognizes Kain. He walks up to him. So we meet again... Have you considered my offer?

B-Man
2006-10-28, 03:50 PM
Kain turns his attention from the water to Traven. Yes I have, but I need a garrantee that you won't leave me for the cops to find like you did last time.

Konrad looks in Kain's direction and notices that he's with someone. He then looks around to see if their is anywhere nearby where he can eavesdrop, but can't see anywhere where he could, so he resumes watching Kain for his distance.

Lucky
2006-10-28, 03:54 PM
Traven nods in undertstanding. I must apologize, that was necessary. Do not worry however, if you had been jailed, I was more than prepared to pay your bail. I had Dalerion on it if you were to be jailed. Traven smiles and looks around. Now, this isn't the best place for this conversation, shall we head inside? He says, gesturing to the Den.

B-Man
2006-10-28, 03:56 PM
Of course. Kain follows Traven to the Den.

Konrad continues to watch Kain from the top of the warehouse.

McBish
2006-10-28, 04:09 PM
A crackel of energy runs through the docks. Suddenly a large rift apperes forming half a sphere at the edge of the docks. It flares with a bright light and disappears. Where the sphere was there is now a circle of snow and ice and in the middle of it there is a women. She is curled in the fetal position and here clothes are in tatters. The has short hair with streaks of blue purple and teal. She lays there shivering.

After a while she passes out. ((Fell free to move her where ever. Just let me know where. Off to act.))

B-Man
2006-10-28, 06:05 PM
Konrad jumps off the roof of the warehouse and lands safely on the street. I wonder what my brother is up to. He peers into a window of the Den.
-------------------------------------
Konrad notices Kain coming toward the door and jumps into an alleyway.

Kain exits the Den and walks back into the Town.

Konrad climbs back onto the roofs and follows Kain again.

Thriss
2006-10-28, 09:00 PM
Thriss walks down to the docks, not jumping around on the roofs like he usually does. He finds a crate and sits on it, staring out to sea.

McBish
2006-10-29, 03:27 AM
The women who was laying in the circle of snow stirs a little bit. She sits up and looks around, one of her eyes is swollen shut. She slowly sits up, then stands. She makes her way into the Town slowly.

B-Man
2006-10-29, 01:16 PM
Cybil walks through the Docks, trying to find the Den. She finds it after searching for awhile and continues to walk toward it.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 11:26 PM
A man in armour steps onto the docks. The armour is green, and a reflective gold faceplate covers the front of his helmet.

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 11:33 PM
Kenyon heads to the Docks, with a man in tow.

"Alright, we'll wait here for a bit, see if we get any backup."

Lucky
2006-10-29, 11:38 PM
Traven walks out of the Den, onto the docks and approaches Kenyon. Awful mess you made in my bar.

Thriss
2006-10-29, 11:40 PM
Thriss looks up when he hears voices. He recognizes Kenyon, stands up and walks over. Hellos

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 11:41 PM
"Hmmm? That was your place? Sorry 'bout that. I was in a bit of a hurry."

"You gotta get me outta here, man! This guy's gonn-OW!" The man Kenyon has in tow gets hit in the back of the head.

"Quiet, you." He looks over at Thriss. "Oh, hey there. Fancy meetin' you here."

Lucky
2006-10-29, 11:43 PM
Traven laughs. Get you out? Don't think I have any reason to do that. If you ever get yourself out of that mess, come over to the Den sometime, not enough of your kind around here. Traven turns back to Kenyon. My place indeed. I'm willing to forget about it if you tell me what sort of business you're up to.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 11:44 PM
Hey Kenyon, you know the big bug? The man gestures to Thriss.

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 11:49 PM
"Alright, I'm here to get my shop back. This punk's buddies stole my stuff a couple of days ago. I'm gettin' it back."

He looks back over to the armored man. "Yeah, he helped save me when these guys tried to kidnap me."

Thriss
2006-10-29, 11:53 PM
Thriss nods. I does. You is in trouble again?

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-29, 11:53 PM
Ok, that's cool then.

Lucky
2006-10-29, 11:55 PM
Taking back your place? Good enough for me, I know how it feels to lose your place, both physically and your place in life. Unfortunately, I can't go back to mine. Traven shakes his head and looks down towards the docks. Need any help? It's been pretty boring recently, I need some action.

Kenyon
2006-10-29, 11:56 PM
Kenyon looks at Thriss. "Kinda. I'm startin' the trouble, this time. The fellas that you saved me from last time took my stuff and a friend of mine. I'm gettin' them back."

He looks back to Traven. "I could use any help I can get."

AmberVael
2006-10-29, 11:58 PM
Taking back your place? Good enough for me, I know how it feels to lose your place, both physically and your place in life. Unfortunately, I can't go back to mine. Traven shakes his head and looks down towards the docks. Need any help? It's been pretty boring recently, I need some action.
((Oh oh, you should go get Gnarl to help you. I really want in on this, and it would be a great time to show off the crazy harpoon action))

Thriss
2006-10-29, 11:58 PM
Is not good. Hate people do steal. I help if need.

[Writing what Thriss says in common is hard...]

Lucky
2006-10-30, 12:00 AM
Good to hear, and on that note, I think I know the perfect person to lend a hand.

Traven turns to the Den. GNARL! Get out here! he yells.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 12:03 AM
Gnarl comes out of the Den, his cleaned harpoon in one hand, and a bloodied, punctured cloth in the other. His dull eyes focus on Traven, but he says nothing.

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 12:07 AM
Kenyon smiles at Thriss. "Sure! I could use the help!"

He looks around at the gathering. "Well, if a group like this can't take on a few punks, I don't know who could."

He jabs Jase with his chainsword. "Let's get movin', Sunshine!"

"Ow! Yeah, alright! It's this way!" Jase leads Kenyon off into the warehouse district. Kenyon looks at the others.

"Y'all comin'?"

Lucky
2006-10-30, 12:08 AM
Traven smiles. Count on it. Fly! Traven begins to soar up into the air, following rigth behind Kenyon. Air support right behind you. He says with a laugh.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 12:10 AM
Gnarl takes the hint and tucks the rag in his belt, rests the harpoon on his shoulder and slouches up to the group.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 12:12 AM
Right, it's go time. The armoured man follows Kenyon.

Thriss
2006-10-30, 12:14 AM
I goes. Should help. Thriss unsheaths his four swords and jumps onto the roof of a nearby building, following along from above.

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 12:21 AM
Jase leads Kenyon and the others to a large warehouse in the warehouse district.

"Alright, this is the place!"

A pair of guards, armed with rifles, patrol around the front door.

"Those bastards took my rifle design!"

"Okay, if we're going to get in, you'll have to take care of those guys. QUIETLY. If anyone hears a noise outside, they'll lock the place down!"

"Don't look at me. My only weapon is noisy as hell. Anyone else want to take a crack at it?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 12:23 AM
The armoured man shrugs. I'll go if no-one else does. I can be surprisingly quiet for a guy wearing half-ton armour.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 12:24 AM
Please, with this belt, I can glide without a sound. Traven flies around to the side of the warehouse, creeping slowly to where he can watch them, waiting for one to patrol by him, a dagger now in his hand.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 12:24 AM
Gnarl grins and pulls up his harpoon. He lines up a throw and waits for someone else to prepare and take care of the other.

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 12:29 AM
The patrols continue on their way, oblivious to the people plotting their demise.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 12:31 AM
Traven glances at Gnarl and holds up his arm, signaling for him to ready his attack. He waits for the his mark to move just a bit closer.

Thriss
2006-10-30, 12:32 AM
Thriss drops down behind one of them and swings two swords at the mans neck.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 12:32 AM
Right before the two guards pass Traven, Gnarl heaves his harpoon at one of them with impressive force, timing it so that when it hits one guard Traven should be able to take care of the second guard.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 12:34 AM
Traven swoops out and quickly delivers a hard elbow to the other's neck, dropping him to the ground. He grabs his mark by the collar and places his dagger on the man's throat, silencing him.

((Uh... we just took out 3...))

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 12:40 AM
Jase goes pale at the sight of the attack.

"Now, aren't you glad you decided to help us?" Kenyon prods him in the back.

"Alright, I'll get you guys in, then you're on your own."

He walks up to the door, raps an odd rythm on the door.

"Who's there?"

"It's me, Jase. Lemme in."

"It's about damn time. What took you?"

"Just chilling at the Den, man. You know how it is."

"...yeah, I hear that. C'mon, let's let 'im in."

The sound of unlatching can be heard on the other side of the door, leading into an empty room.

Jase gestures to the room.

"After you."

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 12:42 AM
Gnarl holds out his hand to his harpoon and it rips out of his target's back and comes back to him, trailing blood. He walks in the door without even a pause.
((He lacks guile, suffice to say))

Lucky
2006-10-30, 12:42 AM
Traven stares at the man that lies before him. He sheaths his dagger and delivers a hard punch to the man's face. I'll be back for you. He says as he runs up to the door.

((Leave some alive please, Traven needs employees. ;) ))

Thriss
2006-10-30, 12:43 AM
Thriss takes up position beside the door. He slips inside, ducking quickly behind any cover there might be in the room.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 12:44 AM
The armoured man walks up to the door. He contemplates ripping it off its hinges, but decides against it. He simply walks in.

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 12:49 AM
Kenyon is the last one to walk in, grabbing one of the patrol's rifles as he walks in. The door suddenly shuts behind them.

"Wuh-oh. I got a bad feelin' about this..."

The "wall" in front of them raises up to reveal the inside of the warehouse. Most of Kenyon's equipment can be seen being used. Poorly, at that. Several shoddily made pistols and rifles are being transported around.

More important, however, are the dozen some-odd men in front of the party, all armed with rifles, aimed right at them.

"Awwwwww....sheeeooock..."

"WASTE 'EM!"

The riflemen unleash a volley of shot at the party.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 12:52 AM
Traven does his best to dodge them, rolling behing a nearby crate. He escapes mostly unharmed, with only a bullet lodged in his shoulder. It does, however, heavily restrict the use of his arm.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 12:53 AM
Gnarl takes a few hits without flinching, though decidedly with injury. He hurls his harpoon at one of the men and walks closer.
((If the harpoon hits, it immediately returns. I think you all know that having a harpoon ripped out isn't very good))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 12:55 AM
Gladly. The air around the armoured man crackles and pops. Several of the shots hit him, or appear to. The spots where they struck shimmer silver. When the shimmer fades the man is unharmed. Hope this works. He turns several of the dials on his armband and punches a button. He vanishes, then immediately reappears behind the firing squad. I love it when things work like I made em' to. He aims a punch at the back of one mans head.

Thriss
2006-10-30, 12:57 AM
Thriss, unprepared for the sudden attack, gets hit a lot. He stands up, clutching his side. One of his four arms has gone limp. He sprints to one side and rolls behind a shelf, taking himself out of the line of fire.

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 01:05 AM
Kenyon dives behind some cover, taking a shot in the leg, wincing in pain. "Use my own damn weapons against me, will you? Eat this!"

He aims his newly-obtained rifle, and fires a shot, catching one of the riflemen between the eyes. Another gets caught in the chest by Gnarl's harpoon, and a big chunk of him is brought back with it when it returns. Another gets clocked in the back of the head by the armored man.

The man in charge of the riflemen looks back at the armored man. "Oh, hell! Joey, Lex, about-face! Everyone else keep up the fire!"

Two of the men turn and attack the armored man, while the others reload and fire again.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 01:08 AM
Gnarl gets hit again and he growls, enraged. He lunges at the riflemen, swinging the butt of his harpoon at one man's face, then reversing the strike to try and impale another.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 01:09 AM
Well, everything appears to be under control. Traven says sarcastically. Traven rolls out and in a quick moment of his hands, sends half a dozen daggers headed in the directions of the riflemen.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 01:12 AM
More bullets ping off the man's shield. The indicator on his HUD drains to a quarter full, and an alarm goes off. Aw, shock. He grabs a rifle off a nearby shelf and swings it, club like, at the two men attacking him.

Thriss
2006-10-30, 01:13 AM
Thriss climbs up the shelf he's hiding behind. He takes a crystal wedge off his belt and hurls it at the riflemen.

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 01:24 AM
The riflemen start to scatter as a barrage of daggers hit them. Two of them fall from the daggers, another by Thriss's crystal wedge.

"Everyone pull back! Protect the boss!" The men run to a fallback position around a doorway in the back.

Kenyon drops his rifle, and revs up his chainsword, running behind Gnarl. As Gnarl catches one of the retreating riflemen in the face, Kenyon ginsus another diagonally. One more falls to the Armored man's rifle-swing, but the other he attacks ducks under the swing, and retaliates by thrusting his rifle's bayonet at the armored man's midsection.

The remaining riflemen reach the doorway, as another dozen or so step out from behind it, armed with rifles and pistols. Taking up defensive positions, they open fire again.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 01:27 AM
The armoured man drops the now somewhat crumpled rifle he was holding. He takes the bayonet to the chest, and his shield flickers to a hairsbreadth of functionality. He brings his fist down on the head of the man with the rifle.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 01:29 AM
Gnarl drops to the floor, avoiding the sudden volley of fire, and then scrambles behind a convenient crate, readying his harpoon.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 01:29 AM
The boss eh? Traven rolls behind the crates, and flies up above the crates to the door. As he lands he cuts off the riflemen. What's in here I wonder? He asks, holding out his fist which carries three daggers between his fingers, his other arm hanging limp at his side.

Thriss
2006-10-30, 01:36 AM
Thriss remains out of the line of fire. He drops to the ground behind the shelf and sneaks through the warehouse, ending up looking down the hall at the firing squad. He flings another crystal wedge at them and then retreats behind the shelf, hoping some of them will come over to check it out.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 01:50 AM
((Ok, sorry guys, but I have to bail. Since Gnarl is an NPC though, have fun with him. I'd prefer he didn't die though))

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 01:50 AM
"Oh, c'mon! Where are these guys comin' from?"

Kenyon dives behind his forge as fire is unleashed again. Looking down as shots whizz around his head, he sees blood starting to pool up around the chest area of his coat. He would need to end this quickly if he wanted to stay alive.

Looking around for something long-range to use, he finds his satchel, full of all his Elemental Shots.

"That'll work!" Grabbing one of his Fireshots, he cracks it against the side of the forge. Feeling it starting to go volatile, Kenyon tosses it at the gunmen. The shot erupts in a large explosion, scattering the remaining gunmen.

"The way's open! Go!"

Lucky
2006-10-30, 01:52 AM
Traven, despite easily avoiding the explosion, swears outloud. Careful with those things! He turns around and attempts to open the door.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 01:53 AM
Sure thing. The armoured man takes off towards the door, golden light surrounding him as his shield recharges back to full power. He elbows anyone in his way out of it, and stops once he's through the door.

Thriss
2006-10-30, 01:54 AM
Thriss runs out from behind his shelf. He stops to pick up his throwing wedge, then looks through the door, his antenae twitching.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 01:56 AM
Sure thing. The armoured man takes off towards the door, golden light surrounding him as his shield recharges back to full power. He elbows anyone in his way out of it, and stops once he's through the door.

((...Anything?))

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 02:02 AM
((Anything not friendly to him.))

Lucky
2006-10-30, 02:04 AM
((Good good, Traven's safe then.))

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 02:05 AM
"Hey, you want it done carefully, or you want it done right?" Kenyon shouts at Traven.

He charges the door with the others, as the remaining thugs start retreating.

"Screw this!"
"They don't pay me enough for this!"
"To hell with this, I'm going home!"

The few that remain to defend are quickly taken out by the armored man's bullcharge. However, just before they reach the door, it explodes in a shower of splinters. Where it once was is a man in a dark suit.

"You! You're the bastard that jumped me!"

"Mmmmyes...the boss has had enough of you riff-raff ruining his business. He's called upon me to finish it." The man raises his left arm, which suddenly seems to tear apart, and recombine into a large gun.

"...what the hell?"

"Prepare yourself, Mr. Trammel..."

"Wha? How do you know my n-" Kenyon is cut off by a large explosion, similar to his own Fireshot.

"If you want to see the boss, you must go through me!"

Lucky
2006-10-30, 02:09 AM
Traven looks at the big man, and looks at the retreating men. He quickly decides to fly after the men, cutting them off. You stop there, see those guns, those would be much better pointed at him. Traven points to the man in the dark suit. ...Or I could just kill you here. Plus if you listen to me now, you may end up employed later.

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 02:09 AM
Works for me. The armoured man punches another button on his armband. Time slows to a crawl for a second and in the next the armoured man is standing next to the man in the suit, a pistol aimed at his head.

Thriss
2006-10-30, 02:11 AM
Thriss backs off, sensing that this opponent is beyond him. He hides behind a shelf and debates what to do.

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 02:21 AM
The retreating men pause, and ponder Traven's proposal. After some thinking, the leader points at the man in the suit.

"Everyone! Focus your fire on Jerry!"

"What're you, nuts?"

"You heard the flying man! You wanna live or not? Take him down!"

Begrudgingly, the men turn, and take aim at the man with the suit, opening fire.

***

The man in the suit looks at the armored man, and scoffs. "Oh, please." The man leaps into the air, launching another exploding shot downward at the armored man. As he lands, the shots from the traitorous thugs pepper him. The sound of metal ricocheting off of metal can be heard as the man remains unfazed by the attack. Not even making a comment, he takes aim at the gunmen, and fires another explosive round, forcing the gunmen to scatter.

Lucky
2006-10-30, 02:26 AM
Ok, that didn't work.

Just don't go far. He says to the scattered gunmen.

Alright... What else do you have up your sleeve Traven... Maybe a more straightforward approach. Traven gets out one of his good, magical daggers and flies straight for "Jerry."

Destro_Yersul
2006-10-30, 02:28 AM
The man is thrown back by the explosion. He lands and skids along the floor, denting the wall when he hits. One of his belt pouches opens, and a black rod goes skittering across the floor. The man turns his head to look at it, as his shield once again begins to recharge. I had forgotten about this... He picks it up and looks at it before flicking his wrist. A blade of glowing plasma flashes to life in his hand and he turns back to the man in the suit. Bring it. He charges, and swings the glowing blade in a wide arc towards the man.

Kenyon
2006-10-30, 02:35 AM
The man in the suit takes a backhand swing at Traven with his non-gun-hand. Then, as the armored man attacks with his plasma blade, he uses his gun hand to block the swing.

"You think that toy will stop me?"

He pulls his arm away, in an attempt to disarm the armored man.

Meanwhile, Kenyon comes to, wiping the soot off his face. He grabs another Fireshot, and shouts at the others, "Someone hold him still! I think I can take him out!"