PDA

View Full Version : The Mystic Cave



Pages : [1] 2

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 07:07 PM
Within the woods there lies a small cave hidden in the brush. This cave is filled with darkness, and secrets. As you enter, light glitters out of a sparkling pool towards the back of the tiny cave. It is rumored that those who drink of its waters may have visions of the past and future...
The cave is a rough 25ft radius chamber with a narrow 50ft long, winding tunnel leading from the entrance of the cave.

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 07:08 PM
The Master sends his two unconcious victims into the cave before him, and begins murmuring softly over the sparkling pool.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 07:11 PM
Gezina

*One of the victims, a wereofx girl is moaning the name of a familiar familiar*

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 07:15 PM
We need something else as well.
What then, Sound? You know more of this than we.
I am uncertain. Perhaps I should share with you my thoughts, and together we can devise something.
The Master sits and speaks to himself, devising a plan to summon the next Master.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 07:39 PM
Gezina

*The heart of the werefox girl finally stops beating*

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 07:41 PM
The Master looks up and quickly holds out a crystal to her dying form. Her soul flies into it and he smiles.
Not what we had planned, but workable. Now, to find that one last thing.
He gets up and exits the cave.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 10:29 PM
Ilias enters warily, followed by Achim.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 10:30 PM
Willem

*Willem enters and looks around*

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:30 PM
Earin is right behind Ilias.
***
Soft, eerie singing echoes down the narrow passageway. The langauge is unrecongizable...

((You're still moving through 50 ft narrow entrance, Gezina))

Seseinak
2006-09-09, 10:31 PM
Follows in Silently and Hides in a corner.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 10:33 PM
Ilias fades away (incorporeal) and follows the passage silently. The others hears his voice in their minds Going a bit ahead, to spy

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:34 PM
Earin mentally growls, but stays still. He glares at the supposedly hidden Seseinak.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 10:35 PM
Ilias continues warily into the main room, looking around...

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 10:35 PM
Willem

*Willem goes ahead as well, though not as far as Ilias*

Seseinak
2006-09-09, 10:35 PM
Seseinak sneaks behind the Master. Getting really really close before....
He starts to play his pipes!
do do do do do do do
You know what you are looking for!
I do!
He skips merily around him!

((hey thats a +45 MODIFYER with just dex and ranks alone!))

(( and no.. I cannot spell modifyer))

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:37 PM
Earin, not the Master, who is not yet there, reaches out and grabs the satyr by the neck.
"Shut it or die."
_______________________________

Ilias sees the Master in the main cave area, singing over the pool as he hold a strange, glowing crystal. Elya and the body of Gezina lay nearby.

((Your hide matter not against blindsight, Yarram.))

Deadly
2006-09-09, 10:38 PM
Ilias jumps at the satyrs song, but manages to stay silent while studying the room... and the master. The others hear his voice again That lunatic we just killed is here, singing and doing stuff. I'm going to kill him once and for all!

He sneaks up on the master, his blades hidden

((Ilias doesn't know that.)) ((This is not easy))

Seseinak
2006-09-09, 10:40 PM
Seseinaks hackles raise as he wrenches himself from the masters grip.
So you want to die then!
You don't want me to tell you whats ahead?

((bugger. Wait... how does blindight work again?))

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:41 PM
The Master hears the song and looks up, his eye glinting dangerously. He looks around his cave, sensing Ilias's presence, but now looking as well.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 10:42 PM
Willem

*Willem's curiosity gets the better of him and he rushes forward*

I thought we killed you, leave my half sister alone!

Seseinak
2006-09-09, 10:43 PM
Seseinak instantly shrinks from the glare
Don't hurt me please! I'm just a poor poor Satyr He sounds almost, but not quite mocking when he says this.

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:44 PM
EARIN, not the Master, attempts to render the annoying the Satyr unconcious with his mindm and then follow his friends.

The Master smiles.
Flesh is so weak, but so repariable. The soul is not so. If you disturb me now, you sister might never return.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 10:45 PM
Ilias looks up at the Master briefly before jumping at him, blades drawn.

Seseinak
2006-09-09, 10:46 PM
The Satyr, with his very high will save resists the spell and blows a rasperry at Earin but falls silent anyway.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 10:46 PM
Willem

You stole her soul!

*Willem draws Death by the morning fox, his legendary scimitar*

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:48 PM
Earin growls and heads off.
****
The Master steps away very swiftly from Ilias's attack.
I'll not warn you again...
A spirit writhes in the pool, suffering intense agony. It seems to resemble Gezina.
Damn it! Leave this be or she will suffer even more! It need not be this way.

Seseinak
2006-09-09, 10:48 PM
A tussel! This will be fun! He exclaims before drawing his bow.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 10:49 PM
Willem

For what foul purpose are you using her, self proclaimed master?

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:50 PM
Stay out of this and I will have no reason to kill you.
((And he can, Yarram. This is a serious warning from me and him.))

She is helping me to summon my brothers.
He attempts to return to his strange task with the crystal and his song.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 10:50 PM
Ilias stops his attack briefly Return that soul to it's body!

Seseinak
2006-09-09, 10:52 PM
((meh. I'm CR25. And I got lots of hit points and a teleportation wand.))
Seseinak just giggles.

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:53 PM
A shadow steps out of the Master, but this shadow is somehow made out of light and shifting colors...
Not yet, soulless, for she is suspended between life and death. We cannot return her until we finish this.

((I see your CR 25 and raise you three CR 30's, soon to be 4))

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 10:54 PM
Willem

I will not allow that!

*Willem activates a power of his scimitar, the room flashes white for a moment (Make a DC 40 fortitude save, seseinak and master)*

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:55 PM
((Um. I need to know what it does. He'll fail, but he has control over some things, so he might not be affected.))

Seseinak
2006-09-09, 10:55 PM
Blinded by the magic, Seseinak just giggles and uses his wand of teleportation.
He dissapears in a laugh.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 10:55 PM
((It blinds him))

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:56 PM
((Snicker. Um. No. Not the Master of light. If only it had been fortitude or die...))
The light dies in front of the Master's face. He looks to Willem.
I know your hate, but you must chose between my temporary death and your sister's eternal one. She can come back from my use of her, but not is I am slain.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 10:56 PM
Achim steps in, staying in the background.

Ilias glares at the master I do not care for your excuses, return her, or let her spirit move on as it should!

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 10:59 PM
But that is the problem! If I let go now she will slip away forever, into the void, not into her heavenly realm. IF I keep going she can be revived later!

Earin stays in the background, trying to read the Master's intentions.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:00 PM
Then what exactly are you trying to finish, that you need her soul for?

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:01 PM
((I guessed but Willem doesn't know that))

Willem

Free her, let her spirit move on or return it to her body!

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:01 PM
We already told you, we summon our brother.
The Master's chanting grows louder.
We just explained that we cannot. Let Sound finish his ritual, or she is forever lost, Willem.
((Yes, he did use Willem's name))

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:03 PM
And you expect us to let you do that after all you've done? Let you become stronger? I don't think that wise!

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:03 PM
Willem

*Willem activates the most powerfull ability of his blade and energy gathers around the master's neck, strangling him (Fort DC 35 or die)*

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:04 PM
The Master begins choking, and Gezina's spirit starts screaming soundlessly. Elya's unconcious form begins writhing as if being strangled. Earin watches her, his jaw muscles tensing.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:06 PM
There are ways to deal with immortality, I should know. Just as there are ways to bring people back from the void. Nothing is quite impossible.

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:07 PM
The shadowy being shakes his head.
She will cease to exist. The void is but a metaphor. She will shatter into pieces, memories that are no longer a whole. Then those too will fade away.
***
Earin steps foward and holds a knife to Willem's throat.
"Stop it, now."

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:08 PM
Willem

*Willem stops the power in horror of the sight*

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:09 PM
Earin steps away, looking at Elya's twitching form.

The Master of Sound gasps for air.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:10 PM
So, again, what do you expect us to do? I will not stand idly by while you torture innocent people for your own sick gain!

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:11 PM
The Master of Sound attempts to restart the ritual.

His shadow speaks.
I expect you to stand by until the five spirits I have are released. Then, I expect you'll probably try to kill me.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:13 PM
((Damn this drags on forever... I should have been sleeping hours ago))

Ilias rolls his eyes I can not allow you to continue! he looks to Earin and the others, desperate for some aid or something

((@v Yeah, we're in the same timezone))

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:14 PM
Willem

Continue, as long as my half sisters spirit comes out undamaged

((It's past 5 AM here Ilias))

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:16 PM
((Should we put it on pause? And when can we continue?))

Earin shakes his head at Ilias.
"I will fight even you to protect Elya. Don't try my love this way."

The Master of Sound begins his song again, relying more on psionics than his somewhat damaged voice.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:17 PM
((If Ilias wants to, I can survive a night of not sleeping))

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:18 PM
((Actually, I need to get sleeping too.))

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:19 PM
((I can go on a little longer, but obviously this is not going to end in an hour or two.

I might be able to get back on in some hours, but probably not for long. I likely can't get on monday...

Or maybe I should just skip sleep entirely))

Ilias shakes his head at Earin I'm not going to do anything if I know it'll hurt her... but I can't let this guy continue either. There must be a solution!

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:23 PM
Willem

There might be one but I don't know of any, but first let me do this.

*Willem speaks a few words in a mechanical bird and presses a button, the bird flies away*

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:24 PM
"According to him there is no choice! What options do we have, Ilias?"
***
Gezina's soul form is suddenly drawn into the air above the pool, where it suddenly begins changing shape.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:25 PM
Willem

*Willim looks in agony at the soul*

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:26 PM
((The master is really powerful... can't you play on that to drive us away with a little fight or something so we can come back later to continue instead?))

Ilias sighs I... don't know. I just... there must be a way, this can't be true...

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:27 PM
The soul changes into a the outside of a quarter-circle. There is no apparent harm or agony being dealt to Gezina's spirit. Another spirit begins to appear in the pool.

((At the moment he has very little strength and focus left to fight you with. Sorry, but no can do. I'll try to speed it up though.))

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:28 PM
Willem

And it already was that powerfull, but I don't want Gez. to be destroyed.

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:30 PM
The next soul seems to be partially missing its form. The shadow master looks at it critcally, but the Master of Sound seems untroubled. That soul joins the first, but on the opposite side of the circle in progress.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:31 PM
Willem

*Willem waits*

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:31 PM
((Okay :)))

Ilias looks around, completely lost... There must be a way... he keeps muttering to himself.

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:32 PM
A third soul, that of Cathrindir, makes the circle almost complete. The shadow master moves over to Elya and picks up her body and lays her gently in the pool.
Earin shakes madly, but does nothing.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:34 PM
Willem

*Willem goes to Earin*

You know we have to, either we kill the three souls he extracted permanently or we let Elya die and be able to ressurect her later.

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:35 PM
Elya's soul departs from her body and joins the circle. Lightning spirals around the souls, binding and joining them. The water ripples and begins to bubble oddly.
Suddenly, a fifth spirit joins the four, this one fading into existance inside the circle.

Earin turns away with a sob.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:37 PM
Ilias looks on in concern This is not good! he says to himself

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:37 PM
Willem

Okay, what now?

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:39 PM
The fifth spirit takes full form, and the shadow master and the Master of Sound join. The three masters in one flesh raise a hand to the summoned soul and it draws towards them and melds into the body. The four-ensouled body writhes on the floor, and the circle of souls flows back into the pool.

Earin takes Elya's body in his arms.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:40 PM
Willem

*Willem goes to Gezina's body and takes it, he wonders whether he should just leave or not*

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:40 PM
Ilias watches in confusion...

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:43 PM
The Master rises, his eyes flashing between all four of his colors, green being a new one.
Good. This is good.
He reaches out towards the crystal on the floor, and red energy draws it to him. The souls fly out of the pool and into the crystal.
You didn't think I'd give you a chance to reclaim them before I left did you? No. But now, our bargain is fufilled. Farewell, souls!
He vanishes, but the fragile crystal remains and plunges towards the floor.

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:45 PM
Ilias rush forward to grab the crystal in the air...

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:45 PM
Willem

Lord Ilias, could we leave, I want her revived again soon.

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:47 PM
Ilias grabs the crystal and feels the captured souls writhing within. It is a sickening sensation.
A laugh echoes in the cave.
So untrusting...

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:48 PM
Ilias stands up with the crystal, grimacing at the sensation. He remains silent as he walks out. He turns back at the voice I've sworn to rip you apart, and I still stand by my word!

Achim shakes his head and teleports out.

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:49 PM
Earin hefts Elya's form and walks after Ilias.
"Could you shift us out of here? I'd rather not waste time."

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:50 PM
Willem

*Willem is shaking on his legs, barely able to hold Gezina's weight*

I would appreceate that as well, mylord

Deadly
2006-09-09, 11:51 PM
Ilias looks at Earin and nods grimly. He places his hand on Earin's and Willem's shoulders and shifts back to the temple.

AmberVael
2006-09-09, 11:52 PM
Earin and Elya vanish.

InaVegt
2006-09-09, 11:52 PM
*Willem and Gezina vanish*

AmberVael
2006-09-10, 02:38 PM
The Master appears, and he moves over to the pool.
We will need something far more potent for our last brother.
What do you suggest?
We need... He thinks and grins. We will need to capture the essence of a warper. Not fully, but mostly.
The Master's eyes flash green.
Then it will be done.
He exits the cave on foot.

Fenric
2006-09-11, 02:12 PM
*Deep within the cave, a drip of water falls with a ploink sound.*

Cain2005
2006-09-11, 02:36 PM
Cain enters, looking around at the at the caves walls, "Finally a place were I can think," he said to himself, and noitces the pond, but decide to sit on a rock and think.

AmberVael
2006-09-11, 02:38 PM
((Uh, you might want to leave fairly soon, unless you want to fight the master. I'll give you warning when he is coming))

Cain2005
2006-09-11, 02:42 PM
Cain stands, and walks to the waters edge, and looks into the water, he can feel power coming from it, but suddenly he feel a dark enegy. "Something is here," he thinks to himself, and stands ready to face it.

edit: (Out of character: Can I join the storyline, or if I stay will I be messing another one up, if so, tell me and I'll leave.)

AmberVael
2006-09-11, 02:46 PM
((Not yet. I haven't left Destro's.))
((It'll be fine if you stay here, but expect to get killed if you don't run))

Cain2005
2006-09-11, 02:58 PM
(Out of character: *sigh* all right)

Cain leaves the cave and heads into the srrounding areas.

AmberVael
2006-09-11, 10:20 PM
The Master walks into his cave, humming to himself in and erratic and rather mad fashion. He moves over to the pool and draws a large crystal that hums with purple energy out of his pocket. After he gazes at the crystal with satisfaction, he throws it over the pool where it begins to hover.
We will need light...
His eyes flash yellow for a moment, and a circle of light radiates around the pool.
And energy.
A red, crackling lightning forms inside the pool. It sparks and zaps around dangerously.
Matter, you will be next.
The pool begins to fade, almost as if it weren't entirely of this world.
The Master smiles and begins to sing a harsh and strange song.

Fenric
2006-09-11, 10:21 PM
*Another drip of water falls with a ploink*

(( V I just want him to get done with Myobi :( ))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-11, 10:22 PM
((I inflict stabbity death on the master for charges of evil plotting))

AmberVael
2006-09-11, 10:31 PM
((Woohoo! Free bump!))
As the Master sings, the purple energy flows from the crystal and fades into the pool. A portal begins to open within Myobi's essence, and a strange presence begins to form. However, the portal writhes and fades after a few moments, and a thin and unearthly wail signals the presence's lack of success.
And why did it fail, youngling? You promised success...
Did you not want our last brother to enter the world? Afraid that he will seize to much of your power?
The Master falls to his knees and his eyes turn blue.
The portal was not secured enough. It was too chaotic. If we make it more rigid, then he can't come through. We need to find a place where such chaos can be sustained.
You'd best give us such a place quickly...
His eyes flash blue and he smiles.
The tavern. It is the center of their chaos. It could sustain such a erratic and warped portal. But we cannot finish this now. we have spent to much energy today.
Then we will wait. This had better work, Sound. If it does not, our eldest brother will not be pleased...
A little fear and determination settle in the master's eyes as they flash blue.
It will work. I bid my life on it.
Indeed you do, youngest.
The cave fades into darkness.

((You'll get her back tommorow, Fenric))
((Good night all))

Cain2005
2006-09-14, 05:07 PM
Tai enters the cave, and feels the power from the pond, "this is it," he says to his companions

Cathrindir
2006-09-14, 05:11 PM
Daerbain follows. "I seem to remember hearing about this cave. Some strange ghost told me that someone evil was keeping souls here..."

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 05:13 PM
Destro walks in and looks at the pond. Interesting.

Cain2005
2006-09-14, 05:13 PM
"That must be the dark power that I feel from this place," Tai comments looking around, before walking to the pool of water, and he knells before the pond's edge, and cups his hand and places it within the water, and pulls a bit up and bring it to his mouth...

(Do you think this is a good idea of Tai to be doing this?)

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 05:31 PM
((Probably not))

Cain2005
2006-09-14, 05:33 PM
(I guess I should ask if anyone is going to stop him)

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 05:34 PM
Destro raises an eyebrow. You might not want to do that.

Cathrindir
2006-09-14, 05:34 PM
Daerbain looks on. ((He doesn't really see anything suspicous about the water, so he doesn't stop you.))

Cain2005
2006-09-14, 05:37 PM
Tai looks at the water in his hand, and turns his head to Destro, "Why not?" he asks

(this is for the sake of roleplaying)

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 05:38 PM
Just a thought. There may be some lingering effects from the rituals performed here.

Cathrindir
2006-09-14, 05:38 PM
Daerbain shrugs and casts Detect Poison on the water.

Cain2005
2006-09-14, 05:42 PM
Tai ponders this for a moment, "but we need that infomation," he says, and drinks the water. Suddenly Tai's eyes roll back in his head, and his body stiffens, and with a grasp, he falls backwards onto the floor

(A bit dynamic, but it good for roleplaying)

Cathrindir
2006-09-14, 05:45 PM
Daerbain walks over to him quickly and checks to see if he's dead.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 05:46 PM
Destro shakes his head and walks over to where Tai is lying. See?

Cain2005
2006-09-14, 05:47 PM
Tai eyes suddenly flicker back into place, and he grasps for air, as he gets to a sitting position. "So cold, so cold," he says for a moment, and suddenly realizes he back, and calms down.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 05:49 PM
Destro looks around. What's cold?

Cathrindir
2006-09-14, 05:49 PM
Daerbain raises an eyebrow. "What just happened?"

Cain2005
2006-09-14, 05:53 PM
Tai looks at Destro, "I saw a white gem in the center of a large icy chamber, it had a aura of overwhelming power," Tai says between breaths, "and as I watched the aura srrounded me, and I was frozen in a block of ice," Tai said a bit of panic in his voice.

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 05:54 PM
How odd.

Cathrindir
2006-09-14, 05:56 PM
Daerbain nods. "Yes, strange, considering that the hallucination came from drinking a bit of water. I wonder..." He casts Detect Poison on the pool.

Cain2005
2006-09-14, 05:57 PM
Tai contiunes to sit there, "I think it was somewhere in town, but all I could see was that one room," he says looking toward the blacken waters

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 05:58 PM
Destro thinks for a moment. I don't think there is anything more we can learn here. We should go.

Cain2005
2006-09-14, 05:59 PM
Tai nods, and stands up to follow

(back to the traven then?)

Cathrindir
2006-09-14, 06:00 PM
Daerbain stands up. "Agreed. Think that the ice has something to do with the strange weather in the town?"
((I suppose.))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-14, 06:01 PM
Destro holds up one hand. He pops out of existence.
((To the tavern!))

Cain2005
2006-09-14, 06:02 PM
"It could be its source," Tai says as he heads for the exit,

Hoseki
2006-09-19, 08:26 PM
Rather abruptly, the magical barrier gaurding the cave dissapates, as if suddenly immersed in a Null Psionics Field. Nothing else seems to happen on a non-molecular level.

AmberVael
2006-09-19, 08:29 PM
The cave entrance appears in front of Gamatu.

Hoseki
2006-09-19, 08:33 PM
The unspeakably tiny Gatamu drifts through, still with a speed of 150 despite being tinier than a flea's skull.

AmberVael
2006-09-19, 08:35 PM
Gamatu goes into the cave, and as he goes furthur in he can hear a low drone of sound. When he reaches the pool, he finds the master before it. The Master's eyes snap open and he stares directly at the tiny Hopper.
Hello again, Shifter.

Hoseki
2006-09-19, 08:38 PM
"Hello." says Gatamu, suddenly transforming into his Aswarian form. "You know, I had you pegged as the sort of person who lives in a cave. It's your feet- I can always tell a cave-dweller by his or her feet. It's 'Gatamu', by the way."

AmberVael
2006-09-19, 08:39 PM
The Master gives Gatamu an amused smile.
I thought that one who could change his form so well would understand that appearances can be decieving.

Hoseki
2006-09-19, 08:42 PM
Gatamu acknowledges this with a small nod. "That doesn't mean dimension hoppers don't make snap judgments based on what they're observed as being true. No species has completely eliminated that facet of existance."

AmberVael
2006-09-19, 08:44 PM
The Master nods.
Some laws take time to change.

Hoseki
2006-09-19, 08:49 PM
((The Masters isn't being an insane arrogant prick... he must be at least a little intimidated. ;)))

"True. This is changing the subject, but why do the residents of the Town really, really want to kill you?"

AmberVael
2006-09-19, 08:54 PM
((He is quite scared, so he is acting a polite as he knows how. Gatamu is beyond the realm of his experience))
The Master shrugs.
They took exception to my brothers uniting us, and the methods they used to do so. Also, they don't seem to understand my need to champion law to help uphold balance. Ignorance breeds fear, and fear breads hate.

Gamerofthegame
2006-09-19, 08:55 PM
(( Ladies and Gentlemen, that was Masters, playing as Yoda. Give him a hand everyone!))

Hoseki
2006-09-19, 08:58 PM
"You're championing law? In this town? No wonder they're calling you insane and fanatical." Gatamu smiles to himself.

((*Claps*))

AmberVael
2006-09-19, 09:00 PM
The Master nods.
Chaos has taken hold far too strongly here. As the agent of Law, I must take action to counter the forces of Chaos. Those here have adjusted to Chaos, however, and parting them with it will be very difficult. They resist my every move now.
((Thank you, thank you, I'll be here for far too long in all proabability))

Hoseki
2006-09-19, 09:04 PM
Gatamu considers this. "Why is balance needed?"

AmberVael
2006-09-19, 09:09 PM
The Master seems taken aback by the question. Apparently it was something he assumed everyone knew.
Without balance, either Law or Chaos would begin to dominate. If Law dominated, everything would stagnate, life would become predictable and mechanical. It would no longer be life such as it should be. There would be no choice, no free will, only law.
If Chaos ruled, the world would become entirely random. There would be nothing to give it value and structure; everything would become meaningless due to nothing being connected or related.

Hoseki
2006-09-19, 09:14 PM
"But the rules of the dimension do not change to fit the alignment of the natives. They would just choose to live their life another way. I assume you aren't concerned about cultural damage caused by too much of either extreme?"

Blood
2006-09-19, 09:15 PM
((The master is beginning to sound a lot like that wraith...Honestly, Blood could care less for balance, but that's a different story. :P))

Gamerofthegame
2006-09-19, 09:20 PM
(( The Oracle made him emo... ))

AmberVael
2006-09-19, 09:25 PM
The Master laughs.
I speak not of planes and dimensions, but of the Laws and Chaos of Nature itself.
He stands and paces.
The lesser mortals may not know it, and the gods may ignore it, but the presence of Chaos and Law in the planes corresponds to the true balance of Law and Chaos, the Law and Chaos that govern all, not just people's actions and planar qualities.
Chaos is becoming too present in the planes, and I have been sent to drive it back and uphold the balance.
((Note to others: This explanation is not true. The Master is simply insane))
((And how is he being emo?))
((And the Wraith and the Master are very similar))

Hoseki
2006-09-19, 09:32 PM
Gatamu watches the masters pace with mild surprise. "Hmm. Since this dimension has infinite planes, the 'lawification', if you would, of this single town in this signle infinite plane... wouldn't really do much. Do you intend to fight for balance for all erternity, and still get nowhere?"

((I almost have to go.))

AmberVael
2006-09-19, 09:34 PM
The Master shakes his head.
This single area has become too unbalanced. If it stays this way, then this here at this town the laws of nature will begin to warp and decay, and this place will descend into pure Chaos. Law cannot allow this to happen.

Hoseki
2006-09-19, 09:39 PM
((Grr. I guess Gatamu will have to eat the Masters later.))

Gatamu shrugs. "Well, people tend to get offended when their friends are killed without permission... If you don't want to be attacked at every opportunity, I suggest a less overtly murderous method." He turns and flies off, noy bothering to take down the Null Psionics Field.

(('Night.))

AmberVael
2006-09-20, 12:12 PM
((Night. You can eat him after he gets mauled by the swarm of people he enraged tommorow))
The Master grits his teeth at the null-field, but cannot think of a way to dispel it. He sits and begins his chanting drone again.
[hr]
The next day the Master gets up, apparently somehow still limber despite his many our meditation. He smiles widely.
The time is coming. It flies on the edge of the storm to meet us. Soon, balance will be restored. Soon, Chaos will be confronted with Law.
He walks out of the cave, meaning never to return there whether he succeeds or fails.

EloquentRune
2006-10-12, 04:54 PM
Enters The Mystic Cave to meditate on what being has brought him to this town

"Who was the presence that I felt"

For three days Eloquent Rune will meditate on this reality and on the Psions of the town undisturbed by anything.

((fall vacation))


Eloquent Rune awakens from his meditation and realizes that there is a great force of psionics in the town and it has yet to reveal itself

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 08:25 PM
walks to the Mystic cave and waits for time to pass

He sits down and Meditates

as he meditates 8 ectoplasmic daggers appear and circle his body

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 09:30 PM
Thecla follows the scent and starts a low growl as it gets fresher

Mik
2006-10-18, 09:34 PM
Mik follows close behind.

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 09:35 PM
Alex follows Thelca, and starts going slowly and quietly when she growls

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 09:37 PM
Thecla starts speeding up, loping silently through the woods, following the scent. She finds the cave and hesitates for a moment but the scent is to strong to ignore. She goes in and looks for him.

Mik
2006-10-18, 09:38 PM
Mik runs after Thecla.

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 09:39 PM
Alex speeds up, following Thelca

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 09:45 PM
Thecla looks for him with her low light and dark vision, searching the cave, she follows his scent.

Mik
2006-10-18, 09:47 PM
Mik uses his ears to keep up with Thecla, following the trail.

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 09:50 PM
Alex follows the two wolves, ready to protect the group if attacked

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 09:54 PM
Thecla follows his scent and sees Eloquent Rune, she leaps for his throat, her muzzle bared in a growl

Mik
2006-10-18, 09:54 PM
Mik enters and bares his teeth, diving for Rune's legs.

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 09:56 PM
Alex stays back, remembering that El J wants to have first go.....

He closes his eyes and concentrates for a moment

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 10:02 PM
an energy feild forms around E_R knocking the wolves back

then the daggers start attacking the wolves diving in and out all around them

astral constructs(3) then come out of the walls around the room

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 10:03 PM
Thecla growls and tries to get to Eloquent Rune

Mik
2006-10-18, 10:04 PM
Mik yelps and ducks under a dagger.

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 10:06 PM
an astral construct goes strait to Thecla and claws at her with its blade like hands

Mik
2006-10-18, 10:07 PM
Mik pushes Thecla aside, taking the blades in his side.

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 10:07 PM
Alex sends a powerful ball of ice at the construct attacking Thelca and a glowing blue katana appears in his hand

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 10:07 PM
Thecla attempts to 'port into where Rune is

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 10:11 PM
a great electrical charge blasts Thecla and knocks her back

the bladed construct keeps attacks Mik with even more force

the other 2 constucts head for Alex

Mik
2006-10-18, 10:12 PM
Mik howls and leans his weight into the constructs legs, meaning to take it out.

((Oh...he's a large wolf, about the size of a pony))

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 10:12 PM
the electricity passes over Thecla, briefly her fur stands on end. She stands her ground and tries to 'port again

((immunity to electricity))

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 10:13 PM
Alex sends a ice blast at one of the constructs attacking him, then teleports behind the other and strikes out at it with his katana

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 10:16 PM
the construct Mik is fighting liquifies making Mik fall over and then tries to suffocate the wolf

the ice blast is encased in the first construct and swirls within it
the other winces at the blade and then whips an ectoplasmic lash at Alex

The energy blast shots past Thecla, hits the wall behind her, and causes causes rocks to fall from the ceiling by the female wolf

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 10:19 PM
Thecla rakes her claws along the force shield as she tries to get through or 'port through. Her fur is dotted with blood from the attack of the knives.

Mik
2006-10-18, 10:19 PM
Mik stands and backs up.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 10:20 PM
There is a burst of purple light, and both El J and Alarra appear.

El J advances on the fight, drawing a flaming cutlass in one hand and an elegant flintlock pistol in the other. "Eloquent_Rune: I will give you one chance to surrender. Stand down or die."

Alarra stands behind him and casts cure critical wounds, mass on the party.

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 10:20 PM
The lash catches him, he winces and grits his teeth, he strikes out at the construct several times with his sword "Hi El J, Alarra. Good timing"

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 10:21 PM
Thecla feels herself healing and redoubles her efforts

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 10:25 PM
A bright light flashes in the cave

a female voice is heard

"I shall come when all hope is lost, and fear is at its height My pet is no concern of yours his soul is no longer there I only guard him so I can become one with him leave and all will be understood with time"

an ectoplasmic cocoon surrounds E_R and the force field becomes a solid mass

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 10:26 PM
Thecla bites and claws at it

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 10:28 PM
The wound on Alex from the lash starts to heal, he narrows his eyes and strikes out at the construct again several times

Mik
2006-10-18, 10:30 PM
Mik goes to help Thecla, his wounds healing.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 10:31 PM
El J snorts derisively.

"I am not here for understanding. I am here to protect my family. Swear to leave us alone and we will depart, but not before then."

He keeps advancing, idly sticking his sword and firing four magical bullets into a construct as he passes. Alarra casts dispel magic, greater on Eloquent_Rune.

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 10:33 PM
as the dagger fly they gain speed and stike faster and faster

The constucts grow and thorns shoot out of them at the new comers

ectoplasm begins to flow from the walls and begins to fill the chamber

Alex is attacked by the lashing construct so that he will be tripped

the disspell magic bounces and creates a shockwave

"For now you are safe but only if the body is kept for me to consume... so leave him for me"

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 10:34 PM
Thecla climbs up on the cocoon and continues to try to destroy it

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 10:35 PM
Alex is tripped by the lash, and puts up an ice wall to stop the thorns. He teleports behind the construct and attempts to impale it using his katana

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 10:35 PM
"So be it."

El J casually bats the thorns aside as he keeps advancing. He fires five more shots, this time directly at E_R. The darts fly at Alarra, but ricochet off some sort of invisible barrier surrounding her.

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 10:39 PM
"El Jasperagorn... Eloquent Rune belongs to me you should be more concerned with what is in your wife now. For your child shall be mighty and powerful"

the constucts are weakening and the daggers are slowing

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 10:42 PM
Thecla changes to hound archon form on top of the cocoon and gets her mace, The Holy Devastator, out to smash the cocoon. She has quite a few slash wounds from the daggers.

Mik
2006-10-18, 10:43 PM
Seeing Thecla change, Mik jumps back, and shifts to hybrid form. He draws his sword, and rushes forward again.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 10:44 PM
"That is why I am here. I will not have my family threatened by this thug, whatever the source of his power. Promise to leave us alone and we will depart."

In a single fluid motion El J holsters his pistol and draws his second saber, shimmering with frost. He strikes E_R's cocoon in a blinding flurry of slashes.

"And my children will be whatever they want to be, thank you very much."

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 10:44 PM
the cocoon begins to spin with great speed and lifts off the ground and moves towards the enterance

"Leave the body be and face ME when I come forth and consume him that is the only way your precious family will be safe"

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 10:45 PM
as it starts to spin, Thecla 'ports off of it. She follows it.

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 10:47 PM
Alex slashes the construct a few more times and puts up a wall between the cave exit and the cocoon

Alarra
2006-10-18, 10:47 PM
Alarra casts an invisible barrier over the entrance.

"He may not be here for understanding, but I am...and no one's leaving here without some answers."

Mik
2006-10-18, 10:51 PM
Mik growls, and his sword's magic activates.

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 10:51 PM
the voice repeats

"Leave the body be and face ME when I come forth and consume him that is the only way your precious family will be safe"

the cave now fills with ectoplasm faster with the entrance closed

The construct fighting Alex collapses and the otherone fights him from above

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 10:53 PM
"Cocoon, creepy loser girly voice, whatever. I'm fine so long as you idiots leave my family alone. If that means facing you, fine. Get your ass out here so we can do this."

El sheathes his frost saber and draws his pistol again, hauling off five more rounds at the cocoon just to emphasize his point.

Mik
2006-10-18, 10:54 PM
Mik leaps at the attacking construct, and slashes with his sword.

(Frost, Flaming, Shocking....have fun ;D)

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 10:54 PM
Thecla presses her attack, she smashes at the cocoon with her mace

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 10:55 PM
Alex parries any attacks made by the other construct and creates a wall of ice over anywhere that the ectoplasm is coming from

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 10:57 PM
"I am busy on another plane of existance when the time comes you will know and the psions of the town shall diminish... his body is mine and it shall open the gates... Leave now and await me"

((Avatar requested))

the cocoon reforms and becomes denser it spins faster and becomes ethereal and moves towards the entrance again

the constucts weaken as the power goes to the cocoon

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 10:59 PM
"No."

El J keeps firing at the cocoon.

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 11:02 PM
the blasts bounce off the cocoons shell

it grows with the elemental energy hitting it

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 11:02 PM
Alex grips his katana in two hands and attempts to cleave the now weakened construct in two

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 11:03 PM
Thecla pauses and casts Ghost Touch Weapon on her mace and presses the attack

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 11:05 PM
"If you will not face us, then I name you coward and cretin."

El Jaspero fires five more rounds into the cocoon.

Mik
2006-10-18, 11:06 PM
Mik turns and starts hacking at the cocoon.

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 11:09 PM
all of a sudden the daggers stop, come together and form a great sword that starts dueling El J

The cocoon being struck by the mace shoots off and past the ice walls for thecla hit it in the direction of the enterance

the ectoplasm in the room is now at waist level

"LEAVE MY PET BE!!!!"

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 11:11 PM
"Finally, something worth fighting."

A blur of his hand, and El J is holding two sabers again. He is strangely unhampered by the ectoplasm as he leaps to attack the giant sword with a roaring battlecry.

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 11:12 PM
Thecla howls in answer

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 11:12 PM
Alex wonders why his first wall of ice stopping the ectoplasm didn't work, and so tries again to stop wherever the plasm is coming from by creating a wall of ice. He teleports to El J's side on top of the ectoplasm to help defend against the greatsword

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 11:17 PM
When the cocoon stops, Thecla 'ports over to it

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 11:18 PM
the ectoplasm flows through the walls faster

the greatsword spins and weaves while it attacks and nicks El J's left leg

the cocoon slows but continues to leave

Black fire erupts from the cocoon and the flames licks at Thecla

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 11:20 PM
Thecla follows the cocoon and attacks it again with her mace

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 11:21 PM
El J rolls his eye.

"Great big sword, and that's the best you've got?" He springs forward, his whirling blades hacking pieces from the animated greatsword.

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 11:22 PM
ectoplasm begins to flow from the walls and begins to fill the chamber


the ectoplasm flows through the walls faster

Alex create a wall of ice by the walls to stop the ectoplasm entering the cave, and parries any attack by the greatsword aimed at him or El J.

Mik
2006-10-18, 11:23 PM
Mik follows the cocoon and attacks with his greatsword.

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 11:26 PM
the sword grows back the pieces and turns black with amazing energy

the ectoplasm stops flowing from the walls but not but still grips from the ceiling

the cocoon traps the mace within it

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 11:26 PM
She tries to avoid the flames as she attempts to get her mace back

Alarra
2006-10-18, 11:28 PM
Alarra, standing lightly on top of the ectoplasm, teleports next to the cocoon and casts to put out the flames.

"At least tell us why....What did we do to you?" she calls to the voice they'd heard earlier.

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 11:28 PM
Alex creates a wall of ice covering the ceiling to stop the ectoplasm. He teleports to Thelca's side and attempts to cut the mace out of the cocoon with his sword.

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 11:33 PM
Thecla steps back panting as she watches Alex, her eyes dart around the room.

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 11:35 PM
"A prophecy has been fortold, when her mind leaves her body the spirit shall sound, a child shall come, with power that shall astound. Your daughter is a flame that will never go out. My minions seek their Princess"

the cocoon shrinks and flies strait into Alarra

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 11:37 PM
Thecla does her best to 'port between the cocoon and Alarra in time.

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 11:37 PM
Alex looks down at himself to see if he's actually in the fight, and then attempts to put up a wall of ice in between Alarra and the cocoon

Mik
2006-10-18, 11:38 PM
Mik wonders the same Alex...Mik wonders the same.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 11:38 PM
"No."

El J leaps to pull Alarra out of the way, casually tossing his frost cutlass to Thecla as he does so.

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 11:39 PM
Thecla reaches up to grab the cutlass as it flys towards her. *(Hopefully making she makes it before the cocoon hits Alarra, and preferably the cocoon hits Thecla instead)

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 11:42 PM
"Now you see what happens to those who fight me... Eloquent Rune's body now resides within your wife. When I arrive I shall clame him.

(its ethereal it passes through the obstacles)

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 11:43 PM
((What? Godmodding much?))

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-10-18, 11:43 PM
"Okay kids, show's over. Take your godmodded plotline and cram it, E_R."

El Jaspero vanishes.

wxdruid
2006-10-18, 11:44 PM
Thecla looks around for the godmodder E R for Mik and she teleports both of them away (with her mace)

Mik
2006-10-18, 11:44 PM
((What? Godmodding much?))

((Much? How about most of this fight?))

J_Levet
2006-10-18, 11:45 PM
Alex disappears in a swirl of ice

EloquentRune
2006-10-18, 11:47 PM
((I am sorry about the godmodding and the cocoon instead passes through Alarra as well and breaks open when it hits the wall with E_R laying unconcious on the ground))

Alarra
2006-10-19, 12:03 AM
((Well....I tried to figure out some way to save this plot, but I couldn't so I think Alarra will just disappear as well. Don't worry about it E_R, everything'll be fine and we'll pick this all up again sometime.))

Alarra stares at the unconscious body for a moment before disappearing as well, leaving the cave sealed and half filled with ectoplasm.

Hoseki
2006-10-19, 04:25 PM
((Um... it's a bit late now... but there's still a big honking Null Field over the Mystic Cave.))

AmberVael
2006-10-19, 04:27 PM
((Over the ENTRANCE to the cave, not the cave itself. Unless you made it really really big, it will not go far enough inside to have made a difference in the battle))

EloquentRune
2006-10-31, 12:39 PM
ER comes wakes from his coma and realizes what has been done by his former master in his name... he goes to turn himself in to the authorities

Fenric
2007-05-02, 10:37 AM
The former minister of fate appears in the chamber of the desecrated pool. He smiles at the tattered state of the weave of fate: rent by dimension-hoppers, the Masters, fourth wall violations, and all manner of disruptive events.

Perfect! Now, to work.

He first sets to shredding the tangled tatters of fate even further, surrounding himself with a web of randomness.

Then he summons a set of divination rods that glow with a light of their own, including one that is half black, and half white. With these he beings doing passes beyond the scope of mortal ability.

AmberVael
2007-05-06, 12:21 PM
Aesa and Idis near the cave. Aesa slows a bit, but Idis keeps going.

Fenric
2007-05-06, 12:23 PM
Lirian looks at the cave entrance

Who slapped a great sphere of anti-magic over the mouth of this cave?

AmberVael
2007-05-06, 12:26 PM
Aesa uses a bit of a divination to help her find out.
Hoseki. Hmm... I've never encountered that species before. Dimension Hoppers...
She starts down into the cave after Idis.

Fenric
2007-05-06, 12:32 PM
Lirian shrugs and heads down herself.

Me neither.

She follows along the 50 foot long, winding entrance. At the cave, she frowns at the state of the tapestry of fate.

Destructive one, this.

The former minister is seated quietly, near the pool. There are many effects prepared in the cave.

AmberVael
2007-05-06, 12:34 PM
Idis taps her staff on the floor, making an echoing, almost shattering sound.
Like ice breaking.

Aesa stands back and watches.

Fenric
2007-05-06, 12:38 PM
Mikaboshi looks up

Aesa... I thought it might be you who found me first. And you brought friends.

Then he chuckles

Well... you take "making friends" to new levels.

AmberVael
2007-05-06, 12:41 PM
Aesa chuckles as well.
That I do. It was easy enough to find you... deciding that it would be interesting to come took longer.

Fenric
2007-05-06, 12:44 PM
He notices Aesa's divine aura, and Aesa more than likely notices his lack of one.

You are in the bureaucracy now?

His eyes narrow, and he plants a divining rod on the pattern in front of him, completing it.

A surge of emotional energy is summoned and begins flowing through a convoluted series of invisible constructions in the air.

Lirian frowns at the energy, and tries to follow what it is doing.

AmberVael
2007-05-06, 12:50 PM
Not like it was my choice. They practically told me that I was part of their organization.
Aesa tilts her head and watches.

Fenric
2007-05-06, 12:57 PM
Mikaboshi shrugs

I had a lot of trouble coming up with anything at all I could do that would affect you in the slightest. Then I had two inspirations.

He gestures to the rods on the floor

I saw a man from the old country, who reminded me of this particular technique. And then I had an interesting talk with a priest down in the Town slums.

The energy seems to be reaching it's destination, having picked up a substantial dose of healing energy along the way.

He blathered on about wholeness, and it clicked together

He adjusts the pattern so it seems to be pointing at Aesa, and the energy vanishes...

...before attempting to penetrate Aesa and heal her seared conscience: restoring the capacity for guilt and remorse.

AmberVael
2007-05-06, 01:02 PM
The energy takes hold on Aesa, works its way into her...
...and changes nothing.
Aesa looks at him with sad eyes.
You don't really understand my plight, do you?

Fenric
2007-05-06, 01:03 PM
Mikaboshi gapes, blinks, gasps, and then kicks the rods across the floor in powerless frustration.

It was such a good plan, too.

A dead-time mist seeps from the small pool and catches Lirian and Mikaboshi.