PDA

View Full Version : GUFIPOLICE Cell Block Extension



Pages : [1] 2

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 09:35 AM
This warehouse has been converted into extra cell blocks for the police station.

From the outside the building appears mostly unchanged, there are barred windows set into the walls at regular intervals, too high for a normal person standing on the ground to see through, poking a finger at them will find a small forcewall cover the space to prevent escape

A sign on the door reads "GUFIPOLICE Cell Block Extension. Access through Police Station"

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 09:35 AM
The red thing lands by the door and waits for Marrik to land. Snow piles up on it

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 09:36 AM
*Marrik lands next to Red Thing and looks up at the building*

Hmm, it's big enough certainly. Shall we have a look inside?

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 09:40 AM
((Ignore the construction sounds, there's nothing happening yet, that's just flavour for the nosy))

The red thing pushes the door open and walks through
"Might as well" it says from the darkness "You see in the dark?"

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 09:44 AM
Well enough

*Marrik follows Red in and looks around*

[echo-y] Coo...big space. Just what we need[/echo-y]

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 09:55 AM
The warehouse has not been used for some time. There is dust on the dust and cobwebs on the cobwebs.

Empty, rusting, shelving racks stretch overheard like skeletal outlines of success.

There are little spears of light poking thorugh a few holes in the roof, but no real illumination.

The floor is clear of goods, but a drift of leaves and snow has managed to get inside over time. The scratching of small rodents can be heard in the corners.

In the far left corner from the doors there is a series of raised platforms with a small officelike construction on them.

"Bit of cleaning, lose the racking, we can keep the office for police use"

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 10:00 AM
Just what I was thinking. We're going to need some help with this I think. I can handle most of the repairs, they're something of a specialty of mine. A couple of mages with Prestidigitation should take care of the dust and cobwebs, but this racking and general clutter is going to need some manual labour I should think.

*Marrik starts wandering round the building, looking over things and assessing the amount of effort it's going to need to clear up*

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 10:04 AM
"Right, I tell you what. *I'll grab a couple of the faeries and a load of scrolls. *We'll summon up some 'things' to help out. *You take charge of the team here and I'll see if I can wake any of the shopkeepers up"

It kicks at a pile of leaves "Although I do admit, it looks like I'm leaving you the dirty jobs here. *I'll come back and help as soon as everything else is set up"

It shows Marrik some teeth and leaves, shouting "Back soon" through the door

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 10:18 AM
*Marrik nods to Red Thing as he leaves and turns back to the large expanse that is the interior of the warehouse. He looks up at the holes in the roof*

Well, might as well make a start

*He then flies up to the ceiling and starts waving his claws and muttering. He makes several passes over the entire ceiling and as he passes holes and cracks, they disappear in a crackle of magical energy. About half an hour after he started, the ceiling is completely repaired of all damage and he has started on the walls, working from the top down*

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 10:23 AM
Godric and Krysta arrive at the building

"Detective" Godric says "Red Creature told us to come and help you"

"It also said it won't be far behind us" Krysta adds "I guess you want us to help here"

((Direct as you see fit, I'll post red thing's arrival after you talk to the faeries to avoid the evil double post))

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 10:31 AM
*Marrik glides down to ground level by the fairies*

Ah, good. I was thinking that the two of you could tackle the office area. Tidy up a bit in there, see what we have in the way of furniture and that. Make what you can of it because it's going to have to be used

Are you implying that we're too small to do anything in here?

*Godric gestures to the main hall. Marrik sighs*

Have you looked at who you're talking to? Just get on with it

*Godric heads off towards the office muttering, followed by a fairly indiferent Kryta*

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 10:39 AM
((Nice))

The red thing comes in, trailing snow

"I've got a load of stuff here Marrik" it says, putting the box down "Summons, light spells, heat spells, food and water creation. A few repair spells, although you look to have that well covered and some communication spells. The items are things I thought might be useful, detections and stuff"

It puts the staff across the box "The staff is for defense if anything should attack, although I can't see why it would"

"I'll go out and see if I can get some partitions and things, furniture, beds etc"

The red thing leaves

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 10:53 AM
*Marrik rifles through the box briefly and pulls out some stuff*

Ah, lets get some light in here shall we

*He fiddles with some of the things he grabbed and suddenly, the whole room is lit by a gentle glow*

That's better. Lets see if we can't get some help too

*He reads a scroll and in a cloud of smoke several orcs appear, looking a bit confused. Marrik speaks to them*

Ah, glad you could make it. If you would be so kind as to clear away all this junk in here, that would be grand.

*The orcs grunt and start picking up old crates, ripping out shelves and taking it outside, dumping it in a large pile. Marrik says to himself*

Hmm, I think I'm going to take a break before going on. See what Red turns up in the furniture department

Supagoof
2006-09-15, 11:06 AM
Supagoof enters the warehouse. He unwraps his cloak and looks around at the orcs working, moving shelves and cleaning up debris.

Wow, we have a bit of work to do.

Godric and Krista fly over to him. Hello captain, just to let you know when we agreed to come help at the station, it never mentioned this. Godric says, holding a broom and Krista holding a dustpan.

Supagoof chuckles You are fairies, aren't you? Why don't you use some magic?

Oh, yeah, well that would make more sense then. Godric says, a little embarrased he hadn't thought of that soon. He puts some dust on the broom and dustpan, and they immediatly go to work by them selves, with Godric following them around instructing them.

Krista on the same note, gets a mop and bucket to do the same - following Godric's broom and dustpan around.

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 11:08 AM
*Marrik looks up at the Chief entering as he pulls a cigar out of his belt and lights up*

Oh hey Chief. What do you think?

*He grins and gestures to the room*

Supagoof
2006-09-15, 11:12 AM
The chief heads over to Marrik.

I think it's great, a reall community service effort. You and Detective Red Thing come up with the idea? he asks.

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 11:13 AM
The red thing drops down and walks in.

It looks at the leigons of cleaners

"Knew those summons would be useful" it says, then flys up to the office area

"How's it going guys?"

"Fine" Godric says, brandishing a want and making a pile of rubbish float out of the room

"I think a simple count of how many people come in, and their names should do" it says "I've left an order as HARD WARE to come and look at the place, see what's needed. *They'll bring a note signed by me as authorisation"

"How long will this last?" Krysta asks

"As long as the bad weather" the red thing says "Now, I'm going to help downstairs for a while"



"Chief!" it says, coming down the stairs "Didn't hear you come in"

Supagoof
2006-09-15, 11:17 AM
Supagoof looks and sees Red Thing.

Hello Detective. I was just asking Marrik who came up with this brilliant idea. he says, motioning to the warehouse.

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 11:17 AM
Yeah, just sort brainstormed it down at Trogs

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 11:19 AM
"Yeah, fifty fifty really. Although the inspiration goes to that battered place on the outskirts" ((I wish I knew IC that it was Moon Called's house, so much eaiser to describe))

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 11:22 AM
Speaking of which, did you check that place out at all?

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 11:26 AM
"I'm going to do it now, as my shift is almost up. I'll check back here later tonight and see how it's going. I hope the furniture people turn up, otherwise we'll have to use Create spells for food, water and furniture"

((It's Friday, yay, so I will be able to log back in later. Bye guys))

The red thing flys off

Godric watches it go"Who's going to have to stay here and babysit? Me of course. I wish Ravina were here instead of Krysta"

ghost_warlock
2006-09-15, 11:33 AM
Ghost Warlock floats by and hears the commotion. Curious, he peeks inside by stepping through the wall, not even seeing the police tape. Seeing all the busy workers helping construct the shelter, he gasps.
Oh my.Then he spots the officers.
Excuse me, gentlemen, but do you need any assistance?

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 11:37 AM
Well, I'd better get back to work I suppose.

*Marrik takes a look in the box of bits and pulls out a wand*

Might as well use this. Saves exhausting myself and the skill is in the use, not the magic

*Marrik goes back to repairing the walls using the wand. Before long, the whole building is patched up and all that needs doing is a good clean and fitting out.*

-------------------------------------------------------------
*Marrik notices the incorporeal figure and flies down to him*

How did you get in here? Didn't you see the tape?

ghost_warlock
2006-09-15, 11:42 AM
Tape? Oh, no, sorry. I haven't been around to the front.

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 11:44 AM
*Marrik squints suspiciously at Ghost but then brightens up a bit*

Well, seeing as you're here and willing to help, you can....wait, you're not going to have a problem, what with being....somewhat insubstantial are you? You can haul stuff can't you?

ghost_warlock
2006-09-15, 11:47 AM
I can use my telekinesis to manipulate objects, yes. How can I be of service?
((Max. cap. is 575 lbs. Gotta go soon, put me to work quick! ;D ))

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 11:49 AM
Good, you can get to work helping these guys get the crud out of here

*Marrik indicates the Orcs and the general clutter that adorns the floor space*

ghost_warlock
2006-09-15, 11:52 AM
Glad to be of service!He sets about helping the orcs.

((OOC: NPC status for Ghost Warlock for helping set up the shelter. Use him as needed! ;) ))

JellyPooga
2006-09-15, 11:57 AM
*Marrik watches Ghost get started before surveying the room. He lights up and smokes and thinks for a while. When he's finished the cigar, most of the interior is clear. He helps the others to clear out the lasts of it. Just as the last bit of shelving is removed, the duration on the summoning spell ends and the orcs fizzle out of existance. Marrik stands and looks at the pile of junk for a few seconds before muttering and gesturing towards it. The pile glows green and turns into so much ash before blowing away on the wind. He turns to go back inside*

Well, we'd better start cleaning I suppose

*He says to Ghost. He then mutters a few words and gets to sweeping up the dust and crud on the floor with no more than hand gestures, whilst Ghost starts pulling cobwebs down form the ceiling with the power of his mind*

Supagoof
2006-09-15, 12:00 PM
Supagoof recovers his thought. I really should purify the water before drinking it before getting about.

Well, this place is certainly looking well under way. I'm heading out to see if I can find the source of all this darn cold. In the mean time, if the furniture person arrives, order beds/kitchen supplies/and a fireplace. We should keep a nice source of heat in this place.

Godric writes down the list.

Supagoof wraps up in his cloak and leaves stepping under the tape.

((Sorry, uncannily (sp?) busy day at work. I won't be on much. Stoopid work...))

Murky_Pool
2006-09-15, 06:58 PM
((Correct spelling Goof))

The red thing flys in and goes over the workers, straight to the office

"Looking good Godric" it says

Jumps flys up to the ceiling in surprise
"I didn't know you could move that quietly" it says, and recieves a toothy grin in reply "Yes, cleaning and clearing is just about finished"

There's a bell tone from a crystal on the desk, Godric puts his hand on it
"Ravina says that there's a load of supplies been dropped off at the station if you want to collect them"

"Anything else happening?"

Godric keeps his hands on the crystal and blushes slightly, much to the amusement of Krysta
"Nothing" he says hurriedly "Very quiet"

"I'll go collect it then" the red thing says "Dismiss the summons and see if that ghost chap is sticking around"

"Yes sir, of course sir" Godric says after the red thing has left "What do you think you are? *chief?"

Later-------------------------------------------------------
The red thing drags a load of packing crates into the building
"They're still here" it says, seeing the summons "They can help get this lot set up"

"I'll get them on it" Godric says, seeing a chance to supervise rather than work

The red thing goes up to the office with the donuts and has Krysta make some tea.

In short order all the equipment is set up, the crates are cleared away and the summons are dismissed. Godric flies into the office and liberates a donut
"Now all we need are some cold people" he says

"I'll go take the tape off the door then" the red thing says, then spies the crates "And I'll make some signs as well"

Silly_Bean
2006-09-16, 06:00 AM
~ Sillyphia approaches the door and enters. As everyone seems busy, she goes up to one of the fairies (Krysta) ~

Excuse me but do you require more assistance?

~ The fairy looks up at her ~

Umm.......I don't think so

Ok. Well if you do leave a note at the Slanty Shanty. I can supply things like blankets and food if thats a help?
~ Sillyphia leaves the fairy to her work and goes back into the street ~[

ghost_warlock
2006-09-17, 05:49 AM
His work in helping prepare the shelter finished, Ghost Warlock heads back out into the storm.

((NPC status off. ;) ))

Murky_Pool
2006-09-18, 05:26 AM
The red thing flys into the shelter, brushing snow off itself

"Morning Godric" it says, looking over the filled beds "Got a lot of people in"

"It must be the free food" Godric says "Had a load flood in as soon as you left"

"Well, they're still alive" the red thing says "So that's good, I'm looking into the cold weather"

"See anything yet?"

"Visibility is down, I'm not expecting a quick resolution"

Godric rolls his eyes "You want to change us over? perhaps Feorwyn or Krysta could use a change of scenery"

"I wouldn't mind getting back to the station" Krysta adds, hearing her name

"Well, Ravina isn't her normal self, perhaps she'd swap with you, I'll ask when I go back"

Godric smiles "Right you are chief, I'll get a changeover routine set up so it goes smoothly"

The red thing watches Godric bustle into action for a moment, then flys away again

JellyPooga
2006-09-18, 07:30 AM
*Marrik stops bustling about, showing people to beds, serving food and generally making himself useful and goes up to the Office*

I'm going to take a break, I'll be down at Trogs

O.k. whatever Detective

*Marrik leaves without another word*

Murky_Pool
2006-09-19, 04:50 AM
The red thing flys in, bringing a small swirl of snow with it. It goes directly to the office, not wanting to wake the sleepers.

"Morning Godric, Ravina" it says

"Morning Detective!" Ravina chirps

"You're happier" the red thing says

Ravina looks down "Well, um" she says "You know, change of scenery and all that"

"The snow is lessening" the red thing tells them "When the temperature gets back to normal we'll shut this place up"

"Some people have left already" Godric says, checking a list "Not everyone is happy that the weather drove them out of their homes"

"Their choice" the red thing says, then looks around "Why is there flowers and decorations all over the place?"

"Ravina's been very enthusiastic" Godric says, not looking at her

"This place was so DULL" Ravina explains, flying over to Godric and bumping him lightly "If I didn't brighten the place up people would think it was a morgue"

Godric loses some height as he's bumped "Watch where you're flying" he says to Ravina

"What're you going to do about it?" Ravina challenges him

In seconds, the air is filled with fast moving fairies

The red thing watches them for a second, sighs, mutters something about 'cabin fever' and flys out

The_Lawyer
2006-09-19, 06:50 AM
The lawyer enters the tent, walks over to the kitchen and begins to cook some stew.

Murky_Pool
2006-09-19, 10:54 AM
The red thing flys in and up to the office. The vents of the morning have not left any marks, although Ravina's hair is slightly mussed

"How's it going?" it asks Godric

"No problems, that new officer came in and started cooking. A few people have left, to go back to their homes"

"I hope the two incidents aren't connected" the red thing says

"Well, I haven't tasted it so I couldn't tell you"

"OK, keep up the good work. I'll keep this place open for now, the snow is still falling and the weather is still cold at the moment. You want to go back to the station?"

Godric shoots a very quick, highly concealed glance at Ravina "No thanks" he says "I'm fine here"

"Right, I'll leave you to it" the red thing says, making both faeries blush slightly, and flys off

Supagoof
2006-09-19, 12:24 PM
Feorwyn flies into the shelter and, seeing Godric and Ravina chasing each other, over to them.

Captain says that Rain will be coming here to help out as her community service. Let one of the officers know she says.

Wasn't that supposed to be your job? Godric says, as Ravina tags him and flies away quickly.

Well, SOME of us have work to get back to. she says, then under her breath Godric and Ravina, sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N Whoa! she exclaims, barely missing the rock Godric just threw at her.

Get out of here, we'll handle it.

Feorwyn just chuckles and flies out of the shelter.

Now, where were we?

Godric and Ravina resume their game of tag.

wxdruid
2006-09-19, 03:08 PM
Rain and Aramir walk in and look around to see who's in charge

Rain starts a circuit around the facility inquiring about each person's health and if they need healing. She heals whoever needs it and just generally helps where needed.

Kyrian
2006-09-19, 03:55 PM
Aramir follows Rain, assissting in the healing.

Murky_Pool
2006-09-19, 06:33 PM
The red thing flys in and aims for the office. Seeing Rain and Aramir, it instead lands near them

{cat} "Hello" it says to the pair "You must be Rain and Aramir" it reaches out to stroke them, then changes it's mind. It doesn't want another 'Yarram' incident

wxdruid
2006-09-19, 06:35 PM
Rain looks up at Red Thing, Yes, I'm Rain and this is Aramir. *Do you know of anything else we need to do tonight?

Murky_Pool
2006-09-19, 06:39 PM
"Oh" the red thing says in common "You speak common, that's fine"

"You're doing fine with what you're doing now. As the storm has broken, the danger is much reduced" it says
"If you could keep a subtle eye on Godric and Ravina in the office though, in case one of them kills the other, they've been acting strangely"

It looks over to the Lawyer Stew ((Cooked by, not made from))
"Feel free to take a break anytime, I've given orders that the food and drink is freely availble. There's no reason for the helpers not to have any"

wxdruid
2006-09-19, 06:43 PM
Thanks, we'll need to go home soon to take care of Jesion and Bolt, but we'll be back tomorrow.

Murky_Pool
2006-09-19, 06:45 PM
"That's not a problem, you can set your own shift pattern. *This is purely a voluntary operation for the duration of the cold weather"

It spots the collar

"Nice collar" it says "And how are the kittens?"

Realising that the silence means it's probably upset the cats, the red thing apologises and flys off

((Sorry for the short shrift Gwen, I have to go now, it's getting late))

wxdruid
2006-09-19, 07:06 PM
Rain and Aramir finish up and leave

Murky_Pool
2006-09-20, 04:20 AM
The red thing flys in, shedding a little snow. Seeing that the cats have gone it flys into the office.

"How's everything?" it asks

"Fine" Godric says quickly

"That's unlike you Godric" the red thing says "You've normally got more to say than that"

"Ah, yes, well" Godric says "Well, um. Well. Rain and Aramir were around yesterday, she's working out some of her community service order here. A few more people went back home, but I think the rest are going to wait for a proper thaw"

"Any trouble?"

"No trouble at all" Godric says "We had a huge Tiger and Panther in the place"

The red thing shows a lot of teeth at this
"You want to swap over with Feorwyn?"

"No" Godric says immediately "I mean, I'm fine here, it's good experience, helping the community, meeting new people" he clams up, realising he's babbling

"As long as you're sure then" the red thing says, looking at him "You can take a break whenever you like, where's Ravina by the way?"

"She's doing some filing" Godric says, as the other door in the office opens and Ravina comes out, straightening her hair and stops suddenly as she sees the red thing

"Right, I'll get going then. Let me know if you need anything" the red thing tells them and flys off

"I wish it would make more noise when it flies" Godric says, after the creature is gone

"It's all right for you" Ravina tells him "You don't have to spend ten minutes setting your hair"

Supagoof
2006-09-20, 09:38 AM
(( ^ I'm crying with laughter Murky!))

wxdruid
2006-09-20, 04:44 PM
Rain and Aramir come in, they help wherever needed.

((sorry, when I got home at 8am my ISP phone numbers were all not working or Rain and Aramir would have been here much sooner))

Murky_Pool
2006-09-20, 04:48 PM
((It's easier to conduct a romance when you have control over both partners, it's probably just as well no one has come up with a female character for the red thing as I'd most likely screw their story up))

The red thing drops in and makes a quick count up of the remaining people

"If the weather keeps improving" it says flying into the office "We'll be shutting down tomorrow sometime"

Godric and Ravina look up from the lists they were comparing, Godric wipes his mouth and covers it up with a coughing fit
"OK detective" Ravina says, drifting away from Godric slightly "We'll start getting some of the stuff packed away"

"Yes" Godric agrees "What are we going to do with all the stuff?"

"Keep it" the red thing says "It's not like it'll go unused if we need to do this again"

"Are we keeping the building as well"?

"You haven't worked Admin before have you Godric?"

"Not really" Godric admits

"Didn't think so" the red thing tells him "Yes, we're keeping the building as well"

"I'll have a check round town, see if the thaw is continuing"

"OK" Ravina says, turning back to the paper work

The red thing flys off, as it goes out the door it hears a strange noise, almost like a squeak.
"If there's mice appearing the fairies can take care of them"

It spots the cats entering and brakes hard

"Hello" it says, landing by Rain "I think we'll be hutting down tomorrow, if you can lend a paw with the packing in some way Godric and Ravina will probably appreciate it"
It flys off

wxdruid
2006-09-20, 05:00 PM
Rain nods that she will help with the packing as well.

Kyrian
2006-09-20, 05:20 PM
((It's easier to conduct a romance when you have control over both partners, it's probably just as well no one has come up with a female character for the red thing as I'd most likely screw their story up))

((Hey now...I've given gwen permission to npc Aramir whenever I'm not around...she doesn't always control him... :P ))

Aramir licks Rain's cheek before helping out more.

Gamerofthegame
2006-09-20, 05:25 PM
((Hey now...I've given gwen permission to npc Aramir whenever I'm not around...she doesn't always control him... :P ))

Aramir licks Rain's cheek before helping out more.


((... Ya know, I really must question the contents of this post after you have said the above OOC bit.))

Murky_Pool
2006-09-20, 05:26 PM
((I'm not sure I really understand the relevance of that comment Kyrian, I noticed that you and Gwen control both cats from time to time))

Ravina flts out of the office, Godric chasing after her. Seeing Rain and Aramir, she stops. Godric crashes into her, putting his arms round her waist before noticing the cats.

They break apart immediately

"Ah" Godric says eloquently

"Rain, Aramir" Ravina says cheerfully, flying down to them "The red thing says we'll probably be shutting down tomorrow, if the weather keeps on improving. I don't suppose Gwen has given you any hints about it?"

Kyrian
2006-09-20, 05:28 PM
((I'm not sure I really understand the relevance of that comment Kyrian, I noticed that you and Gwen control both cats from time to time))

((Was just me joking around....and failing apparently.))

Murky_Pool
2006-09-20, 05:31 PM
((Right, we need a {joke} or something to denote those on the boards, would probably help the humour blind like myself. Go kick the stuffing out of the master))

Kyrian
2006-09-20, 05:32 PM
((Right, we need a {joke} or something to denote those on the boards, would probably help the humour blind like myself. Go kick the stuffing out of the master))

((Would do...but Kyrian skipped Town last night...))

wxdruid
2006-09-20, 09:45 PM
Rain and Aramir finish up for the night and tell the fairies they'll be back in the morning.

They leave for home.

Murky_Pool
2006-09-21, 05:54 AM
The red thing flys in and lands in the main hall. *It looks around at the packed up equipment, then goes up to the office

"Good work" it says as it enters the office to see an orc disappearing

"Godric remembered the summon wands" Ravina says "It was much easier, and Rain and Aramir helped as well"

"You got this place all ready as well" it says, looking at boxed up files and empty racks

Ravina and Godric exchange glances
"There's a bit more to do" Godric says "You know, loose ends and stuff. *An hour should do it" Ravina elbows him "Better make it two hours"

The red thing makes a grinding sound
"No problem" it says "I understand. *I'll come back in *couple of hours and we'll get the place locked up"

It flys off, Godric and Ravina wait until they hear the door shut
"Do you think it knows?" Ravina asks

"I doubt it" Godric says "No one else does, although Rain was giving us some strange looks. *She's more perceptive than people give her credit for"

"What do yo think it meant then?"

"To be honest" Godric replies "I don't want to know what it thinks, I looked in some of the books when Tink told us about this place, the red thing is a Devil and they're evil to the core"

"Evil" Ravina repeats "How did it get past the test? *And it doesn't act evil, just unconnected"

"I'm sure it's part of a master plan, it's probably working up to something slowly. *You watch, it'll be after the chief's job, that'll give it power over the town laws"

Ravina sighs "I don't like this conversation" she says, looking at Godric and flicking a lock of hair away from her face

"Let's do something more fun then" Godric says

The inside of the warehoue is filled with the sound of Fairy giggling and squeaking

Two Hours Pass-----------------------------------------------
The red thing flys back in to find Godric and Ravina using the stasis wands on the packed equipment and leftover supplies
"Excellent work" it says, picking up the box marked 'Records' "Grab the tape and cover the windows"

Godric and Ravina get a reel each and fly out. The red thing takes the last reel and walks out with the records

Outside, it closes the doors, locks them and tapes over them. It waits while the fairies cover the windows, then all three fly back to the station
"Early morning sunlight looks nice" Godric comments, almost causing the red thing to crash into a chimney

wxdruid
2006-09-21, 09:21 AM
Rain and Aramir come by, they see the building is closed up and head over to the station.

Antagonist
2006-10-17, 04:36 AM
((Murky_Pool account has vanished again, but not this one. I'll edit the title of the thread when I get Murky back or create it for the third time))

The red thing lands outside and looks at the building

"You're getting a proper job this time" it says to the building and begins pulling the police tape off the windows and doors.

A council work crew arrives with a number of wagons while the Red Thing is working, they lean on their tools and watch it.

"Right" the red thing says, landing in front of the men "You know what we need"

"We're on overtime for starting this early" the foreman says

"What are you telling me for?" the red thing asks "I'm not paying you, submit your overtime forms to the council like normal"

The foreman shrugs "It's your budget" he says

The red thing unlocks the doors and throws them wide

"I won't get in your way" it says to the foreman, who surpresses a smile "But I'll drop in from time to time to see how you're doing, in case you need something"

The foreman's supressed smile drops off his face
"That's very kind of you, but we'll be fine" he mumbles

"Not at all" the red thing says "Least I can do"

It helps unload the wagons and carry the materials into the warehouse then flys off

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 10:14 AM
The red thing walks into the building

"Official tea break" the foreman says quickly "Covered under the Working Conditions act"

The red thing looks round at the progress

"It'll be ready soon" the foreman says "After the backing work is done the rest will fly up, no worries"

"See that it does" the red thing says finally "You don't want bunches of prisoners roaming the streets"

"You can trust us" the foreman says, plastering a smile on his face "We're experienced professionals"

the red thing nods and walks out, behind it there is silence for a moment, then the sound of frenzied activity"

((Offline under later tonight))

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 03:58 PM
Verdandi does a quick flyby as she passes through the streets, noting that work is still going on. She heads off towards the building she imprisoned the men at.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 07:05 PM
The red thing lands outside disrupting the packing

"All done?" it asks the foreman

"Good as new" the foreman replies

"It'd better not be" the red thing says "I wanted a cell block, not a warehouse"

"I meant" the foreman says, drawing himself up to his full height and reaching the red thing's chest "It's as good as a new cell block"

"It IS a new cell block" the red thing points out

"And it's as good as one" the foreman tells it, handing over a bunch of keys "Go see for yourself"

The red thing takes the keys and goes into the building. *The workmen rush to get packed before it comes back out.

After a while the red thing comes out of the building and finds the outside area is abandonded

"Now I need Verdandi" it says, and flys off

Shortly Afterwards------------------------------------------
The red ting walks up, leading a dozen prisoners. *Verdandi brings up the rear to ensure none attempt to escape.

The red thing unlocks the door and ushers the prisoners inside, following the last man in and assuming Verdandi will enter as wel.

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 08:30 PM
((I missed your edit. :())
Verdandi walks in behind them and looks around.
Seems serviceable.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 08:37 PM
((Ah good, I don't like hassling people, but I wasn't sure if I got it up in time. Obviously not, type faster next time))

Having never seen the cold weather shelter Verdandi wouldn't be able to make a proper comparison. However the shelter probably didn't feature three floors of one man cells or gleaming tile flooring and wall panelling.

At the far end is a raised office seciton, below this is an area marked 'Kitchen'

The red thing open the first cells and puts the men inside, locking each door as it goes

"The work crew incorporated the old equipment into the new design" it says to Verdandi.

It walks over to the kitchen and opens the door onto a gleaming kitchen "Coffee?"

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 08:40 PM
Coffee would be good, thank you.
She looks around a little more as she walks to the kitchen, her blue eyes curious. Her wings rustle a little as she considers the building.
The police have used this before, then?

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 08:47 PM
"It was comandeered by the police when I was a detective" the red thing says, putting water on to boil and looking for coffee "At that time the weather had gone unseasonably cold to the point where it was a danger to the poorer folk living in the slums"

The coffee hunt is successful and innocent beans are ground up and boiled to death

"This place was set up as a temporary shelter for the vulnerable, we're sitting in the kitchen area where stew seemed to be bubbling away all the time. We had Godric and Ravina doing the paperwork and Rain the tiger helped out as part of her community service order"

It pours two cups of coffee and puts one down in front of Verdandi "There's some sweetening powder" it says, indicating a bowl of sugar "And some colour changing liquid in that chilled jug" it moves a claw to indicate a milk jug

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 08:50 PM
Verdandi smiles at the naming of milk and sugar, and adds a generous helping of each to her coffee.
And now it is a cell block. It seems a bit out of the way though.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 08:58 PM
The red thing takes a mouthful of coffee and swallows it
"Yes, well after Fenric tricked the master into wiping out the entity that was causing the cold weather this place was no longer needed and was closed up" it tells her "When I heard you'd arrested too many people for the cells I decided that and expansion was in order and as this building was available there was no need to take another one"

It looks around
"I suppose it is a bit out of the way, but I'll station a fairy here for a while and see how it works out then have the whole place moved to adjoin the station"

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 09:01 PM
Verdandi gives a sigh.
I do seem to be arresting a good number of people. Is this town always like this?

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 09:07 PM
"Sometimes it's worse" the red thing says "And the bad guys outpower us"

With a suprising amount of perception it asks "Have you seen Iames around? His psicrystal was supposed to have been talking about being left behind and you don't seem to be as happy as I would expect. Everything is alright?"

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 09:10 PM
Verdandi looks away, her hands stilling on her cup of coffee.
Iames went to his home for a while, but he said he would be back soon. There are some things he needs to clear up there.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 09:13 PM
"That's good to hear" the red thing says "Although not to you it seems, what sort of things is he sorting out at home?" it remember's Kantur "Not old grudges I hope"

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 09:16 PM
No. An old love. Someone he still loves.
Verdandi sighs heavily and drinks from her coffee.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 09:24 PM
The red thing's eyes glitter darkly for a moment

"A delicate situation" it says "And one that will be difficult to resolve without harm. The dancing man didn't split the dark off completely"

It drinks some more coffee
"We try to help and protect the town, I hope this doesn't damage your view of the police. I'd hate to lose you"
((Rats, I can either make that sound insensitive and uncaring or like a chat up line. It's not either, despite how it looks))

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 09:28 PM
It is not the station's fault that this happened; I will not blame any of you. I am still unsure how the entire thing will be resolved, though- Verdandi seems to catch herself before saying something, -he has a fantasy that he can marry us both.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 09:31 PM
The red thing puts it's coffee cup down
"That is not an unknown social concept" it says carefully "Although it only tends to work within that society. How do you feel about the idea?"

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 09:35 PM
Verdandi puts her head in her hands.
I have no idea, it is all just going by so fast. But I already said yes. Its just- I love him so much.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 09:41 PM
The red thing leans back in it's chair, trying to give her space

"Too fast" it says "Love has it's own pace, rushing it will do only harm" it moves slightly "His psicrystal can contact him, or so the fairies said. Tell him to delay, make some time to think it through and decide properly"

A thought occurs to it
"I swore in a new officer this morning, a lady by the name of Rydia. She's a paladin, you might find it useful to talk to her"

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 09:45 PM
Verdandi looks up with pain in her eyes.
There is more: he swore an oath that he would keep us both in his life. If I were to try and break away-
She shakes her head.
No peaceful options are left to us.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 09:52 PM
"He'd what? Go against your will?" it opens and closes it's hands reflexively

"Being in his life doesn't have to mean being his wife, you work with him, that's a part of his life. And I wasn't suggesting you didn't love him, only that it's being moved too fast. Take time, the harm you do now by making the right decision will be infinitely less than the harm done later if you make the wrong decision now"

It takes a breath after this long speech
"I'm sorry, this must sound strange coming from me, but through all the places I've travelled there are a few constants where there are intelligent beings. Love is one of them"

AmberVael
2006-10-17, 09:55 PM
I- I just-
Verdandi's wings quiver and she gets up.
Thank you for your thoughts.
She goes out the door in a whirl of feathers and glinting silver.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 10:05 PM
The red thing watches Verdandi leave

What are you doing Iames? *For your sake I hope you're making a stupid mistake and not acting in malice. *You skirt the far reaches of the Void with these actions and they do not please it. *At all.

The room temperature drops suddenly, leaving a coating of frost on every surface, then returns to normal. *The red thing sighs and picks up the few feathers that Verdandi's exit worked loose

Angel feathers, I don't know how attached they are to them

It looks in a cupboard and comes up with an empty jar. *It places the feathers in the jar, screws the lid on tight and puts the jar back into the cupboard. *

It sits down again, thinking. *The remaining coffee evaporates, leaving a brown residue in the cups

((Night all))
Some Time Passes------------------------------------------
With a start, the red thing jerks awake
"Oh well, I hope I helped last night" it mutters

It moves round the kitchen, setting things cooking, then takes water out to the prisioners.
"When do we get to eat?" they all ask in various forms
"I'll send somone up to you now" the red thing tells them and flys off

Shortly-----------------------------------------------------------
Feorwyn and Krysta fly in and, hearing the sounds of cooking, go into the kitchen. They feed the prisoners, and after a few whistles and calls have been punished, the men settle down.
"Lets look at what a mess the office is in" Ferowyn says, shooting a hard glance at one of the more vociferous men
Krysta nods and both fairies fly up into the office.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 05:49 PM
Aerin walks in and looks around. Her only response to the various catcalls is to conjure silver fire in her hand and glare at the offenders. The prisoners shut up after that. She walks down to the office and the k.itchen

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 05:52 PM
Iames follows Aerin inside, looking around. Then he too goes toward the office.

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 05:54 PM
Verdandi comes in behind Aerin and Iames and goes into the kitchen, nodding to Krista as she goes through the office. She instinctively begins making some coffee once in the kitchen, and finds the jar of feathers. After a moment of consideration, she takes the jar and places it in her pocket.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 05:59 PM
Iames examines the wall of the office. What do you think the best place for a teleportation gate would be?

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 06:02 PM
Verdandi looks a bit surprised by the question. I think Captain Red Thing was going to have the entire station moved, but probably in the office upstairs, so the fairies can see whoever comes in.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 06:11 PM
Wouldn't it be more work to move the whole building? Iames asks. Eh, I'll consult with the Captain on the placement for the gates.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 06:14 PM
Aerin wanders into the kitchen after looking around the office. Is there any food here? I'm starting to get hungry.

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 06:16 PM
Probably. It might make things a bit more comapct though. Verdandi shrugs and looks through the cupboards. Well I was about to make some coffee, but I am not sure about food. You are welcome to anything you find though.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 06:19 PM
Iames comes into the kitchen. Sorry, Aerin. I lost track of what time it is, and deities don't have to eat. Let me take care of things. His eyes glow, and a fine meal appears on the table. That should do it. ((Dinnertime for me. I'll be back. And incidentally, do you know why Earin isn't online?))

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 06:21 PM
Verdandi busies herself with making coffee.
((Good timing. I need to take care of something anyways))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 06:35 PM
((Damn me, I invent an excuse to turn up and my officers wander off. *My luck is as good as ever, remind me not to buy a lottery ticket this week))

The red thing lands outside and walks in, the talk from the prisoners stops dead.
"Problem?" it asks the nearest man, who takes a step back from the bars

"Just wondering when we might be let out" the man says "Someone might post bail or something"


"No harm in wondering" the red thing says, not noticing the man flick a glance towards the kitchen

The man swallows and sits down.

Deciding that he isn't going to say anything else, the red thing makes the marker stick appear and looks at the wall. *It draws a couple of small lines about five feet apart, then steps back and considers

((And as an added thought, if you want to keep your conversation away from the red thing, say so and it'll go up to the office, then leave))

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 06:55 PM
((I am not sure why he is not online. Maybe he is out getting a life. ;)))
Verdandi finishes making the coffee and looks up. Hello Captain.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 06:58 PM
((He's got 3 in the town, don't know why anyone would need more :D ))

The red thing looks round and sees Verdandi in the kitchen "Evening Verdandi" it says "How artistic are you?"

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 07:00 PM
Artistic? Not very. I have some blacksmithing skills, but that barely counts. Why do you ask?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 07:02 PM
Iames and Aerin finish their meal. What do you need done, Captain?

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 07:07 PM
The red thing sees Iames appear in the doorway, then Aerin ((Is that deliberately close to Earin or just a coincidence awaitng a typing error?)).

It looks from Verdandi, to Aerin, then to Iames, then back again
Internal Thought, not Telepathic Projection ((Although Iames may pick it up if he's the prying type))
It's got nothing to do with you, don't interfere

"More the merrier" the red thing says "I've revised my original idea of moving the building and I think a portal like the mirror in Trog's will be better"

It indicates the lines on the wall "How wide do you think it should be?"

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 07:09 PM
I would say fairly wide, just in case we have to move something or someone large through. Maybe ten feet or so?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 07:12 PM
((A coincidence awaiting a typing error ;D))

I agree, Iames says. Chief Red Thing, this is my fiance Aerin Hitomi. Aerin, Chief Red Thing.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 07:15 PM
Aerin stares at the Red Thing, for a moment completely surprised. You're a devil? I know your kind is lawful, but I never would have expected to find one of you here... Her hand goes to her sword, but she does not draw it.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 07:16 PM
The red thing walks over to Aerin and holds out a clawed hand "Pleased to meet you Aerin" it says

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 07:18 PM
Captain Red Thing is something of a reformed devil, Aerin.

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 07:19 PM
Verdandi deeply hopes that Aerin does not do anything foolish. Arresting her would not be a pleasant task. She glances at Iames and then to Aerin.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 07:20 PM
I... I see. Aerin shakes her head as if to clear it and removes her hand from her sword hilt. I apologize for my reaction, Captain. Our home plane only recently saw the end of a war that involved devils, so you'll understand if I'm a bit jumpy. She takes the Captain's claw and shakes it

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 07:25 PM
The red thing shows her some teeth, then realises this might upset her as it does with some humans and quickly stops doing it

"I get that a lot" it says "The general army and mercenary forces spread a certain reputation that isn't easy to overcome. Not that any of my people even bother"

It releases her hand "Officer Verdandi has explained the basics of your situation to me" it says, indicating the love triangle "So I won't ask any silly questions like 'How long will you be staying', I will admit to a curiousity about your power though"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 07:28 PM
Aerin doesn't seem scared by the teeth. My power? You mean this? Aerin conjures the silver fire again.

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 07:31 PM
Verdandi watches Aerin curiously, wondering what exactly the silver fire can do.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 07:33 PM
((I don't know what Aerin is, or what the silver fire is. Can you tell me?))

"That's not a common effect" the red thing says "You'll be weilding it against the forces of evil, if at all I assume"

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 07:34 PM
((I am not sure why he is not online. Maybe he is out getting a life. ;)))

((Hey now, watch it! You get on the forums a bit too!))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 07:40 PM
((Aerin is a more-or-less normal human, excepting her supernatural affinity for fire. She is a Mnk 20/Clr 1/Soulfire Guardian 9. The SG is a homebrew prestige class that revolves around the use of soulfire, which is the cool silver fire she's got.))

Yes, I will. It doesn't burn any hotter than normal fire, but it is imbued with the power of the Goddess Vala and can harm even creatures that normal flames cannot touch.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 07:46 PM
"Divine fire" the red thing says, the silvery light reflecting off it's scales "Haven't seen that-" it stops and shakes it's head
"If you feel the need to take up gainful employment, the police can use a person of your powers"

It holds up the marker stick "Now then" it says, making a new line on the wall, the two outer lines are now ten feet apart "Ten feet high as well would probably be good. Anyone know how tall they are?"

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 07:49 PM
((Oh yeah Earin? Well :P))
Verdandi watches the process. Couldn't you just mark off the width on something and then turn it to show us the height?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 07:49 PM
I'm 6'1". And I think I might consider joining the police force.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 07:54 PM
"I don't really want to start ripping parts of the wall out or bars from the cells" the red thing tells Verdandi "And I've not seen anything loose that would be long enough"

It nods to Aerin "If you could stand against the wall please, how long is your sword Verdandi?"

((most convulted way to measure 10 feet EVER))

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 07:58 PM
About four feet. She draws her sword and takes it by the blade, ignoring the sharp edge and closing her hand around it tightly.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 08:01 PM
Aerin stands against the wall, feeling somewhat silly.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 08:02 PM
"Excellent" the red thing says "If i might borrow it for the obvious reason?"

It looks at the other walls as it speaks

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 08:04 PM
Verdandi holds it out towards Red Thing, still holding the blade. Normally someone would be bleeding obviously by now from holding such a sharp edge.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 08:10 PM
((I guess a comment about toughness is in order))
The red thing takes the sword carefully "It wouldn't make a lot of sense for an angel's sword to damage her" it comments, then walks over to Aerin

It holds the sword above her head and uses it to make a small nick in the wall.

"Not many of use have ever wielded the sword of an angel, and certainly not in such an odd way" it says, handing the sword back to Verdandi "I may claim a first"

It nods to Aerin "Thank you" it says "If that hasn't put you off the thought of joining the police then I can employ you whenever you like"

It draws an outline on the wall, 10 feet across and 10 feet high "Although I don't want it right next to the exit"

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 08:12 PM
Verdandi grins. The merciful enchantment helps a little. Its more like holding a staff when it is activated.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 08:18 PM
"Staffs?" the red thing says "I was never able to get the hang of proper magic, only my innate powers. While Aerin ponders the job offer, what do you think the best place to put a portal would be? I don't want it in the office, how about at the top of the stairs, the fairies can see who passes through"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 08:19 PM
I suppose I should get an enchantment like that on my sword too, if I'm going to join the force.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 08:21 PM
Iames watches to goings on with a small smile.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 08:21 PM
"It's not necessary" the red thing tells Aerin "It's generally assumed that officers will restrain suspects in their own way. Unless you can get the enchantment done in such a way that it can be turned off for a serious fight"

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 08:23 PM
Verdandi nods. My enchantment was made that way. I think they normally are.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 08:26 PM
I think it's a good idea to have it at the top of the stairs.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 08:26 PM
"Makes sense" the red thing says "Iames, I know you don't deal in magic, but do you perhaps know anything about static travel portals?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 08:30 PM
I do, actually.
((Oops. Forgot about thatV Argh! mutual edit cancellation!))

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 08:30 PM
Iames already offered to make one, so I would assume he does. Verdandi smiles at Iames.
((Fixed.))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 08:42 PM
((And I missed the edits until just now, sorry))

"Can you handle a portal that large?" it asks Iames "And what will it look like? I mean Trog's has mirrors, personally I don't mind the sight of an open portal, but the station end should look a little more safe"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 08:46 PM
I can handle a portal that large, Iames assures the Red Thing. It'll be a little taxing, but nothing I can't handle. And as for what it will look like... how would you like it to look? I could make it so that you didn't see the portal itself, just what was on the other side, it could be a glowing wall of light, a mirror...

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 08:51 PM
"Not being a human, I can't say what other humans would find least disturbing" the red thing says "And before you all say it, you're more human than I am"

It thinks for a moment
"Trog's has mirrors, I'm not going to get into an arguement about copying. Can you make it like a flat plane of glass, so we can see in, but without the spatial warping you usually get?"

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 08:53 PM
Verdandi waits through the discussion, not very interested in it. She absently twirls her sword in a dangerous fashion.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 08:56 PM
Yes, I can. At the top of the stairs, right?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 08:59 PM
Aerin watches Verdandi twirl her sword. Hey, Vera, you wanna spar outside?

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 09:00 PM
((Sorry Verdandi, I'm probably interrupting aren't I. Any sort of board activity seems to take ages))

"Yes, so you can see from the door anyone stepping through" it says

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 09:01 PM
Verdandi nods, rustling her wings a little. That sounds fine to me. She stills her sword and glances at Iames. I am not sure where a good place to spar would be though.

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 09:03 PM
A well-dressed man steps into the warehouse, looking absolutely disgusted with his surroundings.

"Excuse me, I do believe I was told to come here to release several gentlemen out on bail. I have a reciept here for their release."

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 09:04 PM
As one, the prisoners back into the shadowiest corners they can find, not wanting to end up as target practice for the dangerous women

((Just finished the streets thread Iames. *"Where's that Valkyrie skank you've been sleeping with?" *I laughed))

The red thing looks round at the man
"Can I see that please?" it asks, indicating the receipt "The arresting officer is busy at the moment, I can handle it"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 09:06 PM
Iames teleports to the top of the stairs. His eyes glow brilliantly, and there is a smooth-edged hole in the wall, showing the main station. Iames walks through it.
[hr]
Iames walks back through the portal and walks back into the kitchen area.

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 09:07 PM
The well-dressed man looks at the red thing, and scoffs.

"I would rather speak to the one in charge in this...establishment...if you do not mind."

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 09:13 PM
((Jerk in front of the cops? Right you are then, opportunites a-plenty shall arise))

"This place has only opened today" the red thing tells the man "The administrational and organisational decision making structure has not been arranged as yet"

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 09:16 PM
Verdandi waits for Aerin or Iames to say something, her sword still drawn and ready. I guess we could use the streets.

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 09:16 PM
"Mmmmyes, can't say that I'm surprised. Now, may...I...speak...to...your...superior? Or should I go speak to the mayor about how this slipshod police force kept a dozen innocent men in prison despite their bail being paid?"

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 09:19 PM
You REALLY don't want my superior to notice you

"Bail has already been paid?" the red thing asks "As these men are still jailed, I can't imagine that the proper paperwork has been submitted or they would have been released"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 09:23 PM
The streetsare, I believe, the traditional place. But first, Iames turns to Aerin. I want you to know that you are an angel to me, Aerin. He kisses her, and feathery white wings sprout from her back. He smiles I love being able to do that. He turns to Vera. I can't give you wings, but... He pulls her into a kiss, much fiercer than the one he gave Aerin.

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 09:23 PM
The well-dressed man looks beside himself, then finally shoves the reciept in the red thing's face.

"THERE! I have the damn reciept! Now, let these men out before I have you fired for incompetence!"

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 09:25 PM
Verdandi is startled and almost a little worried, but her love overrides her worry and she returns the kiss with equal fervency.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 09:25 PM
The red thing takes the receipt and looks closely at it
"Please take a seat" it says to the man, waving at an emtpy cell.

It reads over the recepit slowly, it's right hand index claw going under each word

It notices Aerin's wingsprout from the corner of an eye
Another angel, I'm going to have more celestials than anything else soon. Can't a nice Erinyes turn up for a change

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 09:28 PM
The man looks at the cell, and scoffs. "I'll just stand, thank you very much."

((I have to say, it's fun being a pompous jerk. :D Can't say I'd like STAYING this way, though.))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 09:31 PM
"They're quite clean" the red thing says "Installed only yesterday and completely unused. *You'd be the frst to christen that one"

It's reached the middle of the receipt

Telepathy to Iames
You want to wind this guy up as well? *I understand you probably want to watch your angels though

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 09:32 PM
As happy as she is at receiving wings, Aerin can't help but feel growing jealousy as she watches Iames and Vera kissing so passionately.

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 09:36 PM
The man shakes his head. "If you think I'm going to allow myself to walk into one of these cells the way I've been treated so far, then you're more stupid than I thought."

((Oh, come on! No one else wants to take a crack at Mr. Stuffypants, here?))

AmberVael
2006-10-18, 09:37 PM
After let the kiss linger for a while, Verdandi pulls away from Iames, her eyes shining. I love you, Iames. She backs off and smiles at Aerin, too happy now to think of what she might feel about it. Shall we go then? Verdandi walks out of the building, clearly expecting Aerin to follow her.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 09:41 PM
Telepathy to Red Thing: Yeah, I'm gonna watch the girls. Iames follows Verdandi outside, somehow not noticing Aerin's rising jealousy and anger.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-18, 09:43 PM
Aerin follows Iames and Vera, her movements overly controlled.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 09:45 PM
((It'd almost 3:00am, I really have to go to bed soon, hopefully angels will feature in some capacity))

The red thing finishes reading the receipt and comes to the signature
"I can't read this word" it says, holding the receipt out to the man and pointing at the signature

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 09:46 PM
The man is beside himself in anger. "That's my SIGNATURE, you red buffoon!"

((Aww, let Murky get some rest, guys! Pass the baton, already!))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 09:50 PM
The red thing nods slowly and looks at the receipt
"That seems to be in order then" it says "except for the stamp of the police chief. I'd better get that done before I can let anyone out"

((Going to wrap this up in a post or two. I'd recommend against spectating on the angels though, unless you want him to get annihilated))

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 09:53 PM
"Yes, get on that, already! When he gets here, I can tell him about the horrible treatment I've recieved!"

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 09:57 PM
The red thing takes a stamp out of somewhere, puts the receipt against the wall and stamps it.

It hands the receipt to the man, the stamp of the gufipolice chief clearly visible.

It outstretches it's left arm and makes a gesture, the cells containing the prisoners spring open.

As the men file out, the red thing looks squarely at the Jerk, it doesn't speak.

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 10:04 PM
The man looks at the red thing, then to his reciept, and back to the red thing. "Can't say that I'm surprised..." he grumbles.

The gang cheers, as they line up and out of the cells.

"Thanks, Jerry!"

"You're great, Jerr!"

"Oh, do shut up. The only reason my client is letting you wastes of flesh out is for his son. Speaking of which, where is Jase?"

"Uhhhh, he's not here, Jerry. He was taken somewhere else, I think."

The man, apparently named Jerry, turns to the red thing.

"There's only 11 men here. Where is the 12th?"

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 10:08 PM
"I'm afraid that is a police matter" the red thing says "Kidnapping is a very delicate crime, the safety of the victim must be taken into consideration as the highest priority"

It points at the men, leaving

"You are no longer needed here" it points out "Goodbye"

After the man has left, the red thing goes into the kitchen and rummages in a cupboard. Finding nothing, it sits down and closes it's eyes
Fairly attached then

((night all))

Kenyon
2006-10-18, 10:11 PM
Jerry scowls, and points threateningly at the red thing.

"You and your so-called police force will regret your actions today! Let's leave, men."

The rest of the gang files behind Jerry, and leave the building.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-19, 05:15 AM
The red thing opens it's eyes and stands up, it sets water to boiling and searches the cupboards. *Somewhere within the plains of coffee it comes up with a box of tea and makes a cup ((as does it's player)).

Drinking, it walks up the stairs and into the office

"Morning" it says

"Morning Chief"
"Morning Chief"

"I don't really see a need for anyone in here while it's empty" the red thing says "You can go back to the station"

Ferowyn nods "We'll just get tided up then" she says

The red thing goes back downstairs and closes the empty cells, then closes and locks the main doors

((The main doors will remain locked until there's a need to unlock them, as there's access from the station via a two man portal I can't see them being opened any time soon))

It goes into the kitchen to find that the fairies have tidied in there as well so washes it's cup and puts it on the side to drain.

With a final look round, it walks through the portal

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-04, 06:45 PM
Iames leads the line of Fortunis Soldiers into the extension and begins assigning them cells.

Argenteus
2006-11-04, 06:47 PM
I hope you've got enough room for them. Argenteus says as he enters behind the soldiers.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-04, 06:50 PM
We will. And I expect this will be temporary in any case.

Argenteus
2006-11-04, 06:54 PM
Yes it will be temporary. When we take care of Clover... When Clover returns to normal they won't be a threat to us.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-04, 06:56 PM
Precisely.

Argenteus
2006-11-04, 06:58 PM
I only hope we'll be able to bring her back. Argenteus sighs.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-04, 07:08 PM
Yes. I don't think there's a way to do that without utterly destryoing her, though.

Argenteus
2006-11-04, 07:11 PM
There must be a way... We just didn't find it yet... Argenteus pauses and looks down. But if she leaves us no choice then we will have to destroy her...

Argenteus turns around and leaves the cell block. Goodbye Iames

((I have to run bye))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-04, 07:59 PM
Farewell, Argenteus. Iames looks around to make sure that all the prisoners are secured in their cells, then walks through the portal to the main station.

McBish
2006-11-07, 07:22 PM
Krysta leads Lillah to a anti-magical cell. Lillah moves into it and sits on the cot. She curls up in a ball on the cot. Several of the Fortunis soldiers cat call to her but she seems to ignore them.

After several minutes they seem to quiet down but many of them still watch her.

As Lillah sits there she starts to shake uncontrolably. After a few minutes of it she stands up and starts to pace in her cell. She clutches her head with her hands.

She starts to talk to herself under her breath. Now several of the Fortunis soldiers are looking at her like she is crazy.

McBish
2006-11-07, 11:53 PM
((I'm going to be double posting in this thread if there are no objections, since I'm going to be here for about 4 days. I'll try not to do it to much but who knows.))

Lillah climbs into her cot and tries to go to sleep. She fails, she stands up and paces some more before going back to bed. She falls asleep and it isn't very restful, she tosses and turns and eventually wakes up covered in sweat. She gets up and paces some more.

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:50 AM
Earin comes in through the portal and goes over to Lillah's cell.
"Lillah. Why did you do this?"

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:52 AM
As you see Lillah she seems in rough shape. She is covered in sweat and shaking. "I killed them so I deserve to be here."

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:53 AM
"No you didn't."
Earin's voice is filled with conviction.

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:55 AM
She seems angry at you for saying this. "You found me how can you say that? Didn't you find me with the knife that killed them in my hand? Wasn't I covered in their blood? And if I didn't what are these memories doing in my head?"

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 12:57 AM
"And didn't I find you with an empty vial of Chaos Essence? Wouldn't that have killed even you? And yet you were still drugged somehow. And I also investigated that place in the slums."

McBish
2006-11-08, 12:58 AM
Her anger turns to confusion "I don't know."

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 01:01 AM
Earin nods to her.
"I found a list that detailed your schedule. I gave the real paper to Godric, but here is a copy."
He hands her the near identical copy he made of the list. Also, the note he recieved earlier is copied at the top of the paper.

McBish
2006-11-08, 01:02 AM
She takes the paper and looks at it. Then hands it back to you. "But what does it matter, I remember stabbing, and stabbing..." She breaks down into tears.

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 01:06 AM
Earin reaches through the bars and takes her hand.
"I don't think you did this, Lillah. Things are too suspicious. A spiked drink could easily have caused you to hallucinate, or someone even could have tampered with your memory."

McBish
2006-11-08, 01:08 AM
She pulls away from his touch. "Please just go away, I can't handle this now." ((In other words it is time for me to sleep.))

AmberVael
2006-11-08, 01:12 AM
"I will get to the bottom of this, Lillah. And it won't be your fault."
He turns and vanishes.

McBish
2006-11-08, 01:13 AM
Lillah returns to her nonsleep routine. ((Night all.))

McBish
2006-11-08, 02:14 PM
Lillah wakes up she probably slept only about 3 or 4 hours last night. Since waking Lillah has been pacing in her room all day. It seems like she can't stand still. She seems to have gotten even paler overnight and hasn't eaten anything since dinner last night.

McBish
2006-11-08, 05:10 PM
Lillah ask whoever serves her meals if she could talk to an officer or someone in charge.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-08, 07:20 PM
Krysta leads Aerin to Lillah's cell, then goes back to the normal station. The soldiers make their usual catcalls, but Aerin ignores them. You wanted to talk to an officer?

McBish
2006-11-08, 07:24 PM
Lillah is curled up on her bed when you come in. It seems like she doesn't hear you at first, but than sits up and looks around. She looks terribly pale and sweaty. She looks like she has had about 3 hours of sleep in the last two days, because she has. "Yeah, I was wondering if someone could get something for me."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-08, 07:26 PM
What do you need done?

McBish
2006-11-08, 07:28 PM
"I don't know if you know, but I'm from Limbo and the transition to this plane has been painful at times. I started taking Essance of Chaos to help." She seems ashamed at what she is going to say "And I was wondering if you could get me just a small amount."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-08, 07:30 PM
I will see what I can do. How small is a small amount, and do ou have any ideas of where to find any?

McBish
2006-11-08, 07:33 PM
"Well a dose is one drop. So a small vial should do. I had an arrangment with the OmniShop, they should have what I need."
((Just to let you know that Lillah admited to killing 4 men while under the influence of a drug. She didn't say Essence of Chaos but you might be able to guess that is what she was talking about.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-08, 07:41 PM
I'll do what I can for you. Aerin turns and leaves.

McBish
2006-11-08, 07:43 PM
Lillah returns to pacing in her cell.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-08, 08:31 PM
Aerin comes back, again ignoring the catcalls. She takes out the vial. Is this what you needed?

McBish
2006-11-08, 08:33 PM
Lillah looks at the vial with reverence and hunger in her eyes. "Yes, yes it is." She reachs for it with great care.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-08, 08:47 PM
Aerin gives it to her, carefully. Is that all you need for now?

McBish
2006-11-08, 08:49 PM
Lillah stares at the vial for a few seconds not answering. "What, oh yeah. Thank you." She goes and sits on the bed starting at the vial, she seems to be debating something with herself.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-08, 08:53 PM
Aerin smiles. You're welcome. She turns and leaves.

McBish
2006-11-08, 08:56 PM
Lillah opens the vial, then closes it. She sets it on her bed and paces glancing at it every now and then. After a minute or so she breaks down and grabs it quickly opening it and putting a drop on her tounge. She closes her eyes as the chaotic sensations sweeps through her body. She carefuly tucks away the vial. And eats some food. Then she takes a nap.

McBish
2006-11-09, 12:01 AM
Lillah wakes up from her nap and pulls out the vial. She stares at it for a long time. Suddenly she throws it down on her cot "Dammit!" She stands up and walks away from her cot, not noticing the fact that everyone is staring at her. "I need it or I feel like I'm dying but if I keep taking it who knows what will happen." She suddenly turns at the prisoners staring at her "What?!" They all turn away from the crazy lady. "What should I do?" She sits on the floor in the corner of her cell.



Lillah curls up and falls asleep in the corner of her cell.

McBish
2006-11-09, 07:29 PM
Lillah has spent the day pacing in her cell. She has taken 2 drops of her liquid so far. Suddenely she stumbles and falls against the wall of her cell. She grabs her head with both of her hands. "Oh god what is happening." She falls to the floor. She cries out in pain "Oh gods it hurts! Help me please. Help!"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 07:51 PM
Krysta flies in from the main station. What's wrong? What do you need?

McBish
2006-11-09, 07:52 PM
Lillah is on the floor in the cell "It hurts please help me." She is grasping her head. She is obviously in a great amount of pain. Soon Lillah seems to feel so much pain she can't talk at all. Tears are running down her face.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 08:44 PM
Krysta doesn't know what to do; she wrings her hands and calls out, Iames!

Yes?

She's hurting and I don't know what to do!

I'm on my way. Unlock her cell.

Krysta flies to where the keys are and unlocks Lillah's cell.

McBish
2006-11-09, 08:52 PM
Lillah remains on the floor unable to move due to the pain.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 08:56 PM
Iames appears, enters the cell, and picks Lillah up to bring her out of the cell's antimagic field.

McBish
2006-11-09, 08:57 PM
Lillah's pain is still intense and she seems unable to talk.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 08:58 PM
Earin appears, still in the guise of the Faceninja.
"What's going on?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 09:04 PM
She's in pain. I don't know why. Iames casts heal on her.

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:06 PM
The pain seems to stop for a second but starts up again in a second.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 09:09 PM
Earin looks at her, and then to Iames.
"Has she had any Chaos Essence recently?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 09:10 PM
Yes. Iames uses his epic godly healingness on her, which heals everything except conditions and injuries which must remain for reasons of plot.

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:11 PM
((This looks nothing like what happens when she is suffering from planer sickness or whatever you want to call it.))
"Get it out. Get it out."
((What about infestations?))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 09:14 PM
((Infestations, as oopposed to infections, would not be affected.))

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:14 PM
((In that case...))
The pain continues.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 09:16 PM
Earin decides to risk it, and reaches into her mind to see what he can see.
This is going to hurt again...

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:18 PM
It is not as chaotic as it was the first time you looked into it. As you seach her mind for some sort of problem you notice there is another thing in her mind. It appears that there is some sort of bug or something in her mind. It isn’t actually affecting the mind besides causing great pain. Also you notice the part of her brain that stores memories is more active then it should be and there is something else odd about it. It seems that it has recently been tampered with. You find a false memory in her mind. It is place expertly and if it is removed without proper care you might remove all of her memories leaving her an empty shell. There is also something like a memory floating above her mind not attached to anything.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 09:18 PM
Iames uses reality revision to create a body identical in every way to Lillah's, save that it lacks a mind. He then mind switches himself into it. He then attempts to mind switch into the original Lillah.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 09:19 PM
Earin shakes his head to Iames.
"A new body won't help this. This is in her mind."

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:20 PM
((Ok that is weird. And now it is gone. How do you delete posts.))

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 09:27 PM
((And now it is back. And is this infestation physical or mental?))

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:28 PM
((Um ok, well if he switchs into her body the pain affects him. I have no stats about it because I made it up a few minutes ago but it hurts a lot.))

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 09:30 PM
((K. But what about the memory thingy? That is mental, right? And Earin's focus is on her mind, not her body, so Iames's stuff wouldn't mess him up))
Earin tries to determine exactly what the 'floating' memory is.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 09:30 PM
Iames struggles to maintain focus and manages to manifest mind switch, true on his own body. He looks at the new Lillah. Are you in pain still?

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:32 PM
((It is mental, are you attempting to view the memory? It is obviously not natural.))
"No what is happening, why do you look like me?"

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 09:33 PM
((Yes. He is trying to view the memory))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 09:37 PM
((Iames went back to his own body. Lillah 1 is lying on the floor, now mindless))

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:39 PM
The memory is totaly dark with a voice speaking. "If you are hearing this I guess you are trying to heal my little toy. That's good I would hate for her to die this early in the game. Be careful with her mind will you, it is quiet hard to manipulate, what with all that chaos in her, and I would hate for you to wipe her clean. Blank minds just aren't any fun to play with, don't you agree? Don't bother trying to find me, I'm to smart to be stay around here after doing this. But make sure my toy knows I'll be back. And when I return we shall play games that even her mind can't imagine."

Lillah says "Why are there two of me? What is going on?"

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 09:41 PM
Earin snaps his fingers.
Elya? I need you. Lillah needs you, specifically.
Elya appears in a small wave of golden light.
What... oh. Ok.
She smiles as she kneels next to Lillah.
Be still for a moment.

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:43 PM
Lillah is freaked out and confused suddenly her eyes seem to go blank for a second, then when they return to normal she looks sick, or rather sicker. "Oh gods."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 09:44 PM
I made another body for you so you wouldn't be in pain any longer. It's something I saw Vael do once for Gezina. Iames idly psionic disintegrates Lillah 1.

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:47 PM
Lillah who normaly would be really freaked out seeing her body being disintegrated, seems to be in a different place, mentally that is. And it doesn't seem to be a happy place.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 09:50 PM
Elya gently sends a little peace to Lillah.
This will only be a moment.
She manifests Epic Psychic Chirurgery and attempts to extract both memories, both the floating and implanted one. She also attempts to repair the 'hole' where the implanted memory is.

Earin stands back and watches with concern.

McBish
2006-11-09, 09:52 PM
((Just to let you now a new fake memory appered after Earin looked at the floating memory. That is why she freaked out. So there are two fake memories and the floating one.))

((Also will she not remember the fake memories or just recgonize them as fake.))

As the memories are removed Lillah seems to calm down some.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 09:59 PM
((Ok then, Elya is removing them all, but she will know the contents of them, and Lillah will remember them vaguely, but know that they are false))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 10:00 PM
Will I be needed further? Iames looks strangely out of his league.

McBish
2006-11-09, 10:01 PM
Lillah tries to sort out her memories and looks to Elya "They weren't real?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-09, 10:12 PM
I guess not. When you're finished making sure she's alright, put her back in the cell. Iames disappears.

AmberVael
2006-11-09, 10:25 PM
((Oh dangit. I'm getting distracted. I'd better reduce myself to Fenix))
Elya shakes her head.
No they were not.
She stands a little unsteadily, and Earin moves foward and catches her arm in a fluid motion.
"I think we had better go. Sorry about leaving so abruptly, Lillah."
They vanish.

McBish
2006-11-09, 10:27 PM
Lillah looks around in a very confused state. Several other inmates call out to her asking her to let them out. Lillah sits on the floor trying to figure out what to do.