PDA

View Full Version : TIAP (Town Indoctrination and Apprentice Program)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

LordVader
2007-10-26, 02:22 PM
Trust me, the MC vids are awesome combat Flash movies. The later ones are better, though.

Emperor Ing
2007-10-26, 03:12 PM
Me and Kerfuffle, and LV are DMing the dungeon crawl (okay, so its not really a dungeon :smalltongue: ). To join, just randomly find your way into the cloaked man's cave in the mountains, and jump into the portal. I think LV should DM this one. Im dming 2, and 1 of my chars is in it. But still, its open for business. (should I capitalize on this? :smallamused: )

Dorizzit
2007-10-26, 03:30 PM
Where's the portal?

Nightwing
2007-10-26, 03:34 PM
Just randomly appear in the thread

Emperor Ing
2007-10-26, 04:02 PM
No. The portal is in the mountains. Just say you found a cave, and theres a portal inside. You jump in. Prob solved. Terrence probably just tele'd in.

Dorizzit
2007-10-26, 04:26 PM
Ah. It is done.

itfshoal
2007-10-29, 09:22 PM
Erm, hi. Been looking around the Town to see how things work. Just curious, I've seen the term "deadtimed" around a bit, if someone could let me know what this means, maybe? *bow* Thanks.

Artemis97
2007-10-29, 09:26 PM
It's the term we use to let everyone know we're going to be offline and that that character probably won't be interacting with anyone for a while. Welcome to Town, I hope you enjoy your stay. :smallsmile:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-10-29, 09:26 PM
Deadtime is a quaint Stasis that envelopes a character so that they can't be effected while the player is gone.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-10-29, 09:27 PM
Best I can explain it is like saving and quitting in a video game. Basically means that your character just kind of slumps over into unconsciousness because you have to leave.

itfshoal
2007-10-29, 09:47 PM
Ahh, I see. *bow* Much thanks, all.

angelusmichael
2007-11-03, 08:47 PM
OOC Ok I am just like my character Ian Garcia. I am lost in this world.

IC Hello I don't know where I am? Can someone please help me? I am looking for a girl; her name is Gabriella?

Draken
2007-11-03, 08:54 PM
Hello, first of all, this is a full OOC thread, so don't worry about separating OOC from IC.

Next, ask your questions! We are glad to help.

angelusmichael
2007-11-03, 08:56 PM
Where do I go first? When I leave the game? How do I bow out gracefully.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-11-03, 08:57 PM
This is an out-of-context thread; in-context stuff, such as your charachter asking for Gabriella, dose not happen.

Few words of advise:

1. Get your charachter a color speach and/or use "quotes" so we know when he's talking. Example; type out:

"Hello I don't know where I am? Can someone please help me? I am looking for a girl; her name is Gabriella?"

To get:

"Hello I don't know where I am? Can someone please help me? I am looking for a girl; her name is Gabriella?"

2. Use ((double parentheses)) to denote OOC text.

3. Have your charachter walk into Trog's as a way to introduce him. Actually, you can introduce him anywhere and in any way you want, but this is the easiest.

LordVader
2007-11-03, 08:57 PM
Trog's is the accepted norm for introducing a PC. Good place to start.

angelusmichael
2007-11-03, 08:59 PM
((Thank you. As to bowing out gracefully?))

Draken
2007-11-03, 09:05 PM
No need to use parenthesis here.

Any black text, without "" or (()), or similar will be accepted as description of action.

--------------------------

Draken bows graciously before Admiral Kelly before attacking him with his sword.

--------------------------

Like this.

Artemis97
2007-11-03, 09:06 PM
We use the term "deadtime" to explain when you have to leave. Your character just sort of freezes in place, and cannot be harmed or interacted with.

Welcome to Town. Enjoy your stay. :smallsmile:

angelusmichael
2007-11-03, 09:25 PM
((thanks))

Bobnik
2007-11-04, 01:22 AM
Could anyone recommend a power level for my first character? I want to strike the right balance between god and redshirt.

Terumitsu
2007-11-04, 01:27 AM
Anything you feel like you can handle really. The powerlevel is up to you and you can boost it (or subtract if you want) whenever you think you will use it better.... Just focus more on the character and the power comes with that.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-04, 11:40 AM
Could anyone recommend a power level for my first character? I want to strike the right balance between god and redshirt.

If you don't know, assume level 20 in one class. You're powerful, but there are a lot of characters in Town that could crush you like a bug.

LordVader
2007-11-04, 11:53 AM

Alternatively, you could scale your PC up and down depending on the power level of your opponent, so it's always equal. This might be a good option, as getting repeatedly shut down by ZOMG POWAH characters gets frustrating sometimes. :smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2007-11-05, 04:01 PM
Okay. Kirb demands more people in the Phazon Leviathan plot, because hes made it impossible for Ser to go further w/o a non-magical character thats not mine. So if your interested in joining, PM either me or Metakirb.

Erik Corvis
2007-11-07, 03:57 PM
Any chance I can get a mentor for some thing I need to know BEFORE character creation? I'd appreciate the help. Private messages are preferred so I don't look completely stupid.

Nightwing
2007-11-07, 04:48 PM
I will teach you Erik. i have to log off. I will PM you when I get back on.

Xaspian
2007-11-07, 04:52 PM
Before character creation, there's not much to know. Check the Welcome to Town thread, first, though. You can make any type of character, really, and you'll probably meet many types in Town. Feel free to PM me your question, if that doesn't help.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-07, 07:38 PM
Before character creation, there's not much to know. Check the Welcome to Town thread, first, though. You can make any type of character, really, and you'll probably meet many types in Town. Feel free to PM me your question, if that doesn't help.

Yes. There are many types. We have a K'NEX guy, a Transformer, jedi, sith, Kirby characters, and probably more I don't know of yet.

rubakhin
2007-11-09, 08:49 PM
Hokay. I just got 'round to creeping over to this section of the board, made a character, stuck him up on the Characters thread, aaaand ... already, I'm probably in over my head.

Would like a mentor, especially someone willing to patiently explain all the D&D stuff. I've never played a game of it in my life, so a lot of it goes right over my head. My AIM name is MelmothWandering, but probably easier to just PM.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-09, 08:51 PM
Welcome. With the D&D stuff, you don't really need a huge understanding of that. I know very little myself, and I think I'm holding up pretty well.

Anything specific you wanna ask?

Draken
2007-11-09, 08:52 PM
Oh, don't worry. D&D is used to the minimum here (save for some individuals) mostly all you will need to know is what a given spell does, and if the name isn't obvious, just ask for it.

Welcome to the town.

rubakhin
2007-11-09, 08:54 PM
Nothing in particular, really. Maybe the colored text thing. Have I got to do that, or can I just use quotation marks? Or both? And is past tense acceptable? Present tense is a bit unnatural.

My biggest problem is that I'm very shy and will need somebody to shove me forcibly into a thread.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-09, 08:57 PM
The colored text thing is up to you. Whatever color you want to be identified with your character. As for tense, past tense might be a little hard to work with. And for threads, best place to start is usually Trog's, but you can really just pop in anywhere. As long as it isn't a plot.

rubakhin
2007-11-09, 09:01 PM
Trog's, yes. Ooh, a bar. Burkewicz will fit right in there.

Ach. Must remember to use present tense, then. I write a lot, but I don't really PbP RP at all, except with one group of guys and we all used past tense.

Thanks.

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-09, 09:02 PM
Your welcome. If you got anymore questions, go ahead and ask.

Korias
2007-11-09, 09:09 PM
I've been looking into the Town for a while, and want to get in. I dont mind a mentor, but I do function EST, so a mentor in that timzone would be nice. As far as a concept goes, I'm debating. There are a few choices, and I cant really decide. I could go with the Mace-wielding Paladin, the Werewolf Monk, or a Sonic-Based DJ Warforged Caster. So many choices. I'm not totally sure on the actual rules behind multiple characters, so that could be a problem. I'd rather start off with the Werwolf monk as an RP standpoint, as I'm familiar with their class abilities.

I understand the rules, but is it possible to be in multiple plots at the same time?

The backgrounds of the characters are in the works, so I dont have them totally prepared yet.

Mentor choice, I dont really mind. Somebody in my timezone, but I have no real preference.

Thanks to he/she that decides to mentor me.
-Korias

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-09, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the town. I only know of a few people in EST, me being one of them. As for your characters, you could just do all of them. Have three characters. With the multiple plots, that usually only works with multiple characters. But, if your character has the ability to be in two places at once, you could take that route.

I think the rules with multiple characters are the same as with one character. You just have to pay attention to multiple things.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-09, 10:31 PM
I've been looking into the Town for a while, and want to get in. I dont mind a mentor, but I do function EST, so a mentor in that timzone would be nice. As far as a concept goes, I'm debating. There are a few choices, and I cant really decide. I could go with the Mace-wielding Paladin, the Werewolf Monk, or a Sonic-Based DJ Warforged Caster. So many choices. I'm not totally sure on the actual rules behind multiple characters, so that could be a problem. I'd rather start off with the Werwolf monk as an RP standpoint, as I'm familiar with their class abilities.

I understand the rules, but is it possible to be in multiple plots at the same time?

The backgrounds of the characters are in the works, so I dont have them totally prepared yet.

Mentor choice, I dont really mind. Somebody in my timezone, but I have no real preference.

Thanks to he/she that decides to mentor me.
-Korias

I'm not EST, but I'm on a lot during American time, so I wouldn't mind doing it.

Korias
2007-11-09, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the town. I only know of a few people in EST, me being one of them. As for your characters, you could just do all of them. Have three characters. With the multiple plots, that usually only works with multiple characters. But, if your character has the ability to be in two places at once, you could take that route.

I think the rules with multiple characters are the same as with one character. You just have to pay attention to multiple things.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Raistlin, thanks. When is a good time to PM you about questions and such?

KerfuffleMach2
2007-11-09, 10:46 PM
No problem. If you wanna PM, you can at any time. I'll answer whenever I'm on.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-11, 03:42 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.

Raistlin, thanks. When is a good time to PM you about questions and such?

Usually between the hours of 5:30 PM and 11:30PM EST. On weekends, I'm on a lot more, so almost any time is good.

Raistlin1040
2007-11-18, 01:54 AM
Sorry for double post, but Korias, are you planning on asking some questions? I'm going out of town soon, so I'll need them by like tomorrow if you do.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-11-20, 09:46 AM
Trog's, yes. Ooh, a bar. Burkewicz will fit right in there.

Ach. Must remember to use present tense, then. I write a lot, but I don't really PbP RP at all, except with one group of guys and we all used past tense.

Thanks.

Don't worry about present or past tense.
I primarily roleplay in past tense- its just easier for me.If its that way for you, do so.
I won't feel so alone :smalltongue:

Exeson
2007-11-22, 02:56 PM
So, I have been around here a while and I have always been interested in the Town, thing is I am terrible at this kind of thing so I am looking for a mentor. GMT preferably, communication by PM, I am looking to play a werewolf barbarian or something along those lines.

Thanks in advance!

Xaspian
2007-11-22, 05:12 PM
I'm in your timezone, and don't mind answering questions if you PM me.
Generally, it's fairly simple - make the character how you want, and make sure to read the 'Welcome to Town' thread.

Thrall_Of_Ao
2007-11-26, 03:59 PM
To any that care to respond,
I've been on GITP Forums for a couple of months now, and I originally was rather interested in getting into this "Town" thing.
The problem was, I simply couldn't find the thread.

Now, after taking part in 3 different PBP games (one of which is still ongoing), I've stumbled back upon your town info, and my interest has been aroused once again.

Info about me:

- I live in the EST zone.

- I usually post the most early in the week. I usually make those posts in the morning or evening (9-12 PM or 21-0 hundred hours for you military people out there).

- I have MANY unmade character concepts, several made but undeveloped concepts, and a few that are both made and fairly well developed.

- I have many years of RP experience in multiple game systems.

- I hate saurkraut, but I actually like 'Spam' (YES, the meat product!)

- ??? Anything else you need to know, ask.

Questions I really want to know the answer to:

- Can somone please link to the intro thread to the town so I can finally understand it? Found it.

- See the above point, but a link the the IC town thread as well. I think I understand now. Multiple threads, each one representing one location. Ok, sounds good.

- So, is the Town kind of like 'Sigil' (from Planescape); generally D&D, but with a vast variety of classes/levels/home planes? Or, are there Shadowrun characters mixing it up with Vampire: The Requiem characters, who are keeping cat girl mutants from TMNT: The Game in cages in their cellar as a food source?
Basically, what kind of character(s) should I expect, plan on making for the setting(s)?

I formally request mentorship (preferably someone who is on EST time, and doesn't mind my .75 posts per day average), at the very least to discuss whether any of my several character concepts would work and/or be appropriate (fit in well) to the game.

Thank you *bows regally*,
-TOA

Xaspian
2007-11-26, 04:10 PM
I'm not in your timezone, so wouldn't be great as a Mentor, but I can answer your questions.

- Can somone please link to the intro thread to the town so I can finally understand it?
Here's the Welcome to Town (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28740) thread, with basic rules and guidelines.

- See the above point, but a link the the IC town thread as well.
That's the bit where it might differ from other types of RPing. There is no single thread for Town. Every thread in the subforum represents a different place in Town... the Tavern, the Cemetary, the Park, the Temples... And the timescale is the same for all of them.
If your character leaves Trog's Tavern, then they emerge in the streets thread, and may walk (/fly/crawl/pogo) to the park thread.

- So, is the Town kind of like 'Sigil' (from Planescape); generally D&D, but with a vast variety of classes/levels/home planes? Or, are there Shadowrun characters mixing it up with Vampire: The Requiem characters, who are keeping cat girl mutants from TMNT: The Game in cages in their cellar as a food source?
It originally started as D&D based, and many people use that style of class,etc. However, it's much more mixed than that - there are characters from many different settings, including Star Wars, D&D, Warhammer 40K, and generic fantasy.

I hope that helped.

Thrall_Of_Ao
2007-11-26, 05:48 PM
Yes, a bit. Thanks for the quick reply.

Two more things-

-I'm getting to the point that I'd really like a custom Avatar. I saw a few people who make them, but getting pointed in the right direction would be great.

- I take it that this "playing yourself" trend (more appropriately, playing your Forum alter ego) is optional right?

Thanks again,
-TOA

PirateMonk
2007-11-26, 05:52 PM
Yes, a bit. Thanks for the quick reply.

Two more things-

-I'm getting to the point that I'd really like a custom Avatar. I saw a few people who make them, but getting pointed in the right direction would be great.

You can request an OOTS-style avatar here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589)

- I take it that this "playing yourself" trend (more appropriately, playing your Forum alter ego) is optional right?

Thanks again,
-TOA

That is correct.

Xaspian
2007-11-26, 05:53 PM
Have a look at the Arts and Crafts forum, in particular the stickied 'Request an OotS style avatar' thread. Otherwise, you could try PMing a particular artist, I guess.

Yes, it's completely optional. Originally, I think, most people played as their forum alter ego, but you don't have to. None of my characters are particularly based on myself. Just find an interesting character that you'd like to play, and go with that.

Artemis97
2007-11-27, 11:58 AM
I formally request mentorship (preferably someone who is on EST time, and doesn't mind my .75 posts per day average), at the very least to discuss whether any of my several character concepts would work and/or be appropriate (fit in well) to the game.

-TOA

If you still want a Mentor on the Eastern Timezone, I'm usually online every evening, and I'd be glad to help or answer any questions you might have. Contact me through a PM or IM me, I think my MSN info is in my profile.

Either way, Welcome to Town, enjoy the madness. :smallsmile:

Parrallathan
2007-11-30, 01:43 PM
Hey Everyone! Parrallathan here. Not much of a non-game poster, so no surprises if you guys haven't seen me about. :smallbiggrin:

I'm seeking a town mentor - but not just any town mentor. A European town mentor. I'm on GMT, you see. I've been thinking about one-heck-of-a-womaniser Aasimar Swashbuckler/Duelist/Dashing Swordsman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29882). Although I confess, I'd have to strap in the 'Dead Levels' ability for Swashbucklers from the wizards site, just because it's -so- appropriate. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20070227x) Ladies beware!

But considering the potential offence such a concept could cause, I'd gladly accept the opinion of the veteran players of the town!

As for mentor preference - go nuts. Anyone willing to help will be gladly appreciated. My background for this concept is already done, too.

Background:
From a young age being brought up on his father's galley, Everyn had liked the ladies. Maybe he was compensating from the fact he never had a mother to look to as a feminine influence - she was either dead, or lost, or far away, his father had never tried to keep his story straight - but he couldn't deny that the form of a fine woman was his addiction. His father's chauvinistic influence didn't do much to dissuade this attitude either - regardless of who his mother was, she wasn't particularly important to his father, but he always talked of how beautiful she was.

Well into his teen years, Everyn's father died - a victim of a stressful life served by being a professional sailor across the pirate isles. Both Everyn and his father had seen more than their fair share of boarding parties, and that's the origin of Everyn's unique style of swordplay; to not only strike to the heart of the enemy, but to demoralise him - to strike at his soul! With every strike, a new barrage of insults and quips of the opponent's well-being. A whole generation of slick phrases and catchy one-liners his inheritance from his parent, along with his sword and armor. Selling the now crew-less galley on to a dealer, Everyn set out to explore the world with what money he had.

Everyn was very handsome, there was no denying that - he had the clearly defined, strong jawline and solid facial features of his father, but with a reassuring softness that seemed to radiate from him. Not that he wasn't quite the talented swordsman, but compassion was something that just seemed to emanate from the man in an almost angelic way. His hazel hair and ocean-blue eyes had enough of a subtle difference to augment each other, and he was certainly in physical shape - a slender body, yet not without muscular form. Yet what seemed to differentiate him from the next piece of male eye-candy was that he seemed to have a powerful aura of confidence - the very thing he turned against his enemies, and dazzled those around him with stunning displays of swordsmanship and prowess.

Going from town to town searching for laughs, adventure and the company of an attractive woman, Everyn made a reputation for himself as the most handsome swordsman this side of the sun - and most people knew what he looked like, considering the wanted posters dotted around. It would seem that the mayor of a local town didn't have much tolerance for men caught in the midst of the act with his innocent daughter. Everyn still claims to this day she was in no possible manner "innocent" - especially considering how experienced she seemed to be with the whole process, and the fact that -she- came on to -him-!

Of course, being a dashing swordsman - regardless of how many women you bed - doesn't pay the bills. Sooner rather than later, Everyn ran out of money. But not being one of these silly adventurer types who goes and gets himself killed in some kind of dragon's den for a quick coin, Everyn went to the next best thing - Loan Sharks. Sadly, Loan Sharks have this tendency of not being too happy when you don't - or can't - pay them back. So Everyn took out a "small" sum, enough for him to get by for a year or two - roughly ten thousand gold pieces, there or there about. Probably more like twenty thousand, considering the interest rate.. and probably about a year overdue on payments, but hey! Life wasn't made for book-keeping, and nor was Everyn. Besides, that money had bought him a lot of ale, gambling and ladies, so who was he to complain?

Ducking and dodging debt collectors and avoiding the local authorities concerned about the deflowering of the mayoral maiden, Everyn made his way to the only place he knew how to blend in - The Town! Until he decided to make good to his next locale, Everyn laid low (many a time), planning his next move to the next town and it's population of lucky ladies who would get to bask in his famous glow.

So! Who feels up to the challenge of introducing me to this fabulous online community of roleplayers? :smallbiggrin:

Xaspian
2007-11-30, 02:03 PM
Welcome!
I wouldn't know how other people would feel about the womanising... But I'd be willing to give some other more general advice, if you want. It's good to see new people in European timezones joining Town.

For now, there's the general advice that most people get. Make sure you've read the 'Welcome to Town' thread, and understand the rules. Then, just have your character do what they do! A good place to start and meet new people is Trog's Tavern, although there are other good places. Have a look at the directory. Mind you, it hasn't been updated in a while...

Anyway, welcome to Town! We hope you enjoy your stay!

Parrallathan
2007-11-30, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome! And the swift reply - I am somewhat surprised, but pleasantly. :smalltongue:

Also - I forgot to mention on my initial post, but my preferred means of communication with potential mentors is through AIM. For privacy reasons, I'm not posting it - but feel free to PM me for it. :smallbiggrin:

Xaspian
2007-11-30, 02:20 PM
When I'm on, I like to help.

I'm afraid that I don't have AIM, but if you've got any questions, feel free to PM me instead.
Or, if you've got msn messenger, we could use that, too.

Parrallathan
2007-11-30, 02:39 PM
MSN works! I have PM'd my address to you. :smallbiggrin:

Emrylon
2007-12-03, 03:03 PM
Hello!

I have been on the OOTs forum for quite a while but only just cam to The Town.

Looks awesome! I have made a character already (Dai Rocksplitter the Dwarf-who-thinks-hes-a-ninja-but-is-actually-a-fighter) but I could do with a mentor to help me get started in the town, where do I go, what do I see, who do I talk to etc etc.

Oh and i'm in GMT!

Cheers!

metakirb
2007-12-03, 03:06 PM
I don't thik i'm the best to be a mentor but i can try answer any questions

Where you go: wherever, each thread is a diferant place, you go to wherever you want, though if a place is for plot, or has a [plot] tag in the title, don't just barge in.
What you see: NPCs, things, PCs, whatever
Who do you talk to: anyone you want
Etc Etc: Whatever/wherever/whoever/however/whenever you want

Emrylon
2007-12-03, 03:16 PM
Ok well i'll give Trog's Tavern a go (Just read through a bit of it)

Thanks for the advice!

metakirb
2007-12-03, 03:22 PM
No problems, Enjoy the town ^^

Drascin
2007-12-09, 02:54 PM
I have been hearing of the Town in other subforums repeteadly, and today, on a whim, finally decided that, hey, what the hell, let's give this a try - and it'll be nice to be able to play a character again, instead of being The Eternal DM. I gave the introductory thread a bit of a read, and what I saw tickled my fancy.

Thing is, while I have a teensy bit of experience in freeform PbP (acquired through a few games in the Terisia forum at Wizards - nothing too much, but enough to get the format), I know nothing about the dealings of the Town, and would not like to completely screw my entry in it... which I, unavoidably, will. I have a talent for that.

So, if it's not much to ask, I'd like to ask for a bit of... tutelage.

As for my timezone, I'm in Spain, which I think is GMT +1 (which, btw, confuses me every time. I mean, the meridian is about 20 km from my house, it's even marked with a sign! So why the +1? :smallconfused: ), so, while I am perfectly willing to go with anyone kind enough to help me (after all, the people who got me into Terisia were all from the USA, and we managed to chat alright), it'd be nice if they had somewhat of a matching timetable.

Emperor Ing
2007-12-09, 04:33 PM
I have been hearing of the Town in other subforums repeteadly, and today, on a whim, finally decided that, hey, what the hell, let's give this a try - and it'll be nice to be able to play a character again, instead of being The Eternal DM. I gave the introductory thread a bit of a read, and what I saw tickled my fancy.

Thing is, while I have a teensy bit of experience in freeform PbP (acquired through a few games in the Terisia forum at Wizards - nothing too much, but enough to get the format), I know nothing about the dealings of the Town, and would not like to completely screw my entry in it... which I, unavoidably, will. I have a talent for that.

So, if it's not much to ask, I'd like to ask for a bit of... tutelage.

As for my timezone, I'm in Spain, which I think is GMT +1 (which, btw, confuses me every time. I mean, the meridian is about 20 km from my house, it's even marked with a sign! So why the +1? :smallconfused: ), so, while I am perfectly willing to go with anyone kind enough to help me (after all, the people who got me into Terisia were all from the USA, and we managed to chat alright), it'd be nice if they had somewhat of a matching timetable.

I can help you. Ask away. Im usually available, at this time.

StickMan
2007-12-09, 05:06 PM
My mage is coming to Town finally needs some one to help show him around.
I'm in the US Eastern time zone.

I'm not quite sure what I want him to do yet but he has some goals such as getting his new book "All you need is Magic Missile" published and opening a school for young Sorcerers. Null is the definition of Neutral Good in DND terms he wants to help people and for the world to be nice place and goes out of his way to help others in trouble.
My Character:
Name: Null Corran
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer6/ForceMissleMage5
Alignment: NG
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 172
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Slightly tan
Other Features: Heavy green Robes and Mage Hat.
Familiar: Nulls constant companion Scruffy is a small brown dog with shaggy fur that follows Null every were. Scruffy has been with Null sense he was a young boy on the street and has saved Null's life more than once.
Backround: Corran lived on the streets for most of his life he developed his sorcery at a young age. At the age of 14 he left his town to explore the world. At the age of 16 he insulted an archmage and was chalenge to a duel of magics. Using only his mastery of the magic missle, and chain missle spell he won the duel, winning him a small amount of fame with local wizard apprentices who alway hated the arcmage for lording his might over them.
Note: Will do any thing to protect orphains, clerics of pelor, and dogs.

Emperor Ing
2007-12-09, 05:07 PM
Sweet, same timezone

But im willing to help anyone.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2007-12-30, 07:54 PM
I already posted my characters arrival in the town without knowledge of this thread, so I give you all permission to beat me with a stick, but I do want to have a mentor so I dont obliterate anyones good time by my post, so apologies in advance, but I basically have a character who wishes to set up shop, but isnt an NPC, I live in the US easter timezone, so anyone who can help my character, or just say hi to him, let me know, so to my future mentor, just pm becase it would be easiest for me to stay in contact.
cheers for now,
Goats

Volug
2007-12-30, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the town then.

To my knowledge, you didn't break any rules that I know of. I think you are fine.

I would be glad to help, though most of my more helpful characters (Masato and Scott) can't be used at the moment. So the only characters I can use is Yeshimaru, who hates everyone, and will possibly kill you if you keep trying to talk to him. And then there is Genis, who will not shut up. He's a WereWolf just so you know (See my sig for a link to characters).

As I said, I might be able to help. Though it depends honestly. Talk to me via PM and will figure something out.

AmberVael
2007-12-31, 01:12 PM
You didn't break any rules at all. We just made this thread for people who want extra help setting up and entering Town. You can enter and post characters without it.
I also live in EST, and I'd be willing to help you out. I've got a bit of experience with doing it, too.

xwd
2008-01-01, 05:46 PM
Hey, I was pretty interested in this so I whipped up a character based on myself. This stuff seems pretty intuitive, but it sure would be nice for people to give me a hand in developing my character and getting involved in more intricate stuff. For starters, getting into a firefight would be great. Drop me a line either through PM or an instant messaging program, I'm on EST.

Szilard
2008-01-04, 10:28 PM
I joined the Town today and I was reading the rules. On some of the fines for going to jail i noticed there is bail or a fine of xgp. How do you guys get money in the town? Can you work for someone, sell government secrets? What?

Raistlin1040
2008-01-04, 10:30 PM
Most of the townies are epic (or higher) heroes. They have endless cash flows, and never run out unless it's funny. If you choose to make a low-level character, you could work for someone.

Szilard
2008-01-04, 11:09 PM
Thanks, I don't think i have to work for anyone, Captain Bobby is a Pirate after all.

Krogher
2008-01-30, 02:08 AM
Hey, new to the forum but old hat at freeform RPing. Still, everywhere's different, and I would like to have a mentor if anyone's available. Time Zone's -6, best way to reach me is probably email, though I'm on AIM sometimes. As for characters...oh god, I have SO MANY! I've created a few minor races, and made specifications on broad races for the interests of character. For example, The Murgo are basically volcano dwelling Lizardmen, Forgone are icy mountain mining Minotaur. Etc. I also have a few small enemy type races. Eugh, so many characters, I don't know what'll fit best.

Half Elf Thief
Murgo Battle Mage
Human Necro/Pyromancer
Human Werewolf
Human Warrior (Tank)
Demon Swordsmaster (Finesse)
Lizardman Soundbender
Lizardman Summoner
Forgone Warrior (Barbarian)
Tak (Beetle People) Warrior (Tank)
Toad Demon Warrior (Wrestler)
Wood Elf Archer
Human Warrior (Drunken Brawler)
Human Druid (Growth and Nature)
Human Mech Pilot (Gargantuan, Melee)
Human Warrior (Shield Fighter)
Human Hunter (Demon Specialization)

You'll see a lot of similarities in the characters, especially some of m human warriors. A few are the same looking character with different armor and fighting styles. And basically, I'm used to playing the older-brother type protector.

Emperor Ing
2008-01-30, 05:09 AM
I can help, ask your questions VIA PM. I rarely check e-mail and I dont do AIM. :smallconfused:

CommodoreFluffy
2008-02-02, 02:06 PM
I am new in town, and have no clue what to do, or where to start.

Emperor Ing
2008-02-02, 02:08 PM
Ask away. I'm always willing to lend a hand

Even if the same hand is holding the chainsaw inserted into your gut.

Szilard
2008-02-02, 06:09 PM
I can help a bit.

CommodoreFluffy
2008-02-02, 06:47 PM
How do I start up?

Szilard
2008-02-02, 06:59 PM
Well you have your character, Jacob I think, you just bring him to town. You could do this in a couple ways. Most people just have their character "spawn" from one of the many locations in the town. Or some people start a plot adventure in the town. Most do the former though.

m40ev
2008-02-05, 05:38 PM
Err... I'm looking for a mentor.

Timezone: Central/-6

I am usually on from 3:51 Central to 4:45 on Monday and Wednesday, and 3:51 to 5:30 on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Except when I have orthodontist appts. Those are always on Tuesday until further notice.

LordVader
2008-02-05, 06:02 PM
Ask away. I'm always willing to lend a hand

Even if the same hand is holding the chainsaw inserted into your gut.

Dear lord, Randomizer, don't scare off the newbies! :smallbiggrin:

Mee
2008-02-05, 06:53 PM
Hmm, I just realized, I've been here for several days, and I haven't come here yet. Oops.:smalltongue:

Szilard
2008-02-05, 08:43 PM
You don't have to.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-02-05, 10:15 PM
Err... I'm looking for a mentor.

Timezone: Central/-6

I am usually on from 3:51 Central to 4:45 on Monday and Wednesday, and 3:51 to 5:30 on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Except when I have orthodontist appts. Those are always on Tuesday until further notice.

I'm not sure how compatible i am with those times, but feel free to PM me if you need anything. Oh and welcome to Town and to GITP.

m40ev
2008-02-06, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure how compatible i am with those times, but feel free to PM me if you need anything. Oh and welcome to Town and to GITP.

:smallbiggrin: Thanks.

Scintillatus
2008-03-02, 09:34 PM
So uh, yeah.

I'm interested in the Town (I have a loooot of experience with freeform RP, and I like it), but I have some concerns that I'd like answered in real time. Or demi-real time, I guess.

Could someone PM me or IM me (details in profile) if they're willing to answer a few questions?

DragonSlayerDan
2008-03-10, 06:11 PM
I am also looking for a mentor, someone just to show me the ropes.
I like freeform rp and this seems the perfect place to start.

Szilard
2008-03-10, 06:44 PM
Have you made a character yet?

quiet1mi
2008-03-16, 02:23 AM
hey guys i wish to join the town but (please don't throw rocks at me) used to everything being formulaic and mechanical) i have a few questions.....

do you have to make a stat block character?
what level would he start at?
where do i post first?
would a rules lawyer be a commoner or expert?

quiet1mi
2008-03-16, 02:24 AM
please pm me

metakirb
2008-03-16, 05:11 AM
I'll answer what i can

do you have to make a stat block character?: A what? stat block?
what level would he start at?: anything, one, or one hundred
where do i post first?: anywhere you want
would a rules lawyer be a commoner or expert?: either

Flickerdart
2008-04-10, 08:45 PM
I require an explanation of what the hell is going on. Oh, and also maybe a map? That'd be nice.

Mee
2008-04-10, 08:49 PM
Well, as far as I know, there is no map.
And for what's going on:
Haa! This is the town. Random-ness rules, you expect sanity? :smalltongue:

Dorizzit
2008-04-10, 08:57 PM
The town is basically a bunch of (often ridiculously powerful) characters doing crazy stuff.

Szilard
2008-04-10, 09:40 PM
There was a map in the weather thread or one of the other stickies.

Dorizzit
2008-04-11, 06:35 AM
That's just one person's thoughts, however, and it isn't considered binding.

DrunkPrivateer
2008-04-11, 11:49 PM
I'd love a mentor. I don't even have a character yet, I'll start working on one. I just don't want to step on any toes without knowing what I'm doing.
Central time US -6

DanielX
2008-04-14, 07:44 PM
OOC:

How does my character go about purchasing property? Do I just set up a thread and that's it? Is there some body where he/I has to register the place?

Because, while my character likes to visit Trog's, he does not wish to live there forever. And until he gets his Bag of Portal tuned perfectly, he can't just move off to Arborea or Vulcan and commute. Aside from which, he might want to earn a bit of money by setting up cabins for people to sleep in, or something.

Also, are any inns mentioned in old threads still open?

Szilard
2008-04-14, 10:37 PM
:smallwink: Every thread is open, It's populartity that matters.

Lerky
2008-04-15, 08:12 PM
:smallwink: Every thread is open, It's populartity that matters.

(( so are you saying if our character wanted to open up a tavern all he has to do is create a thread with the Taverns name and hope ppl like it?))

Raistlin1040
2008-04-15, 08:26 PM
Yeah. And you only need to use parenthesis to indicate OOC in IC threads. As a rule, stickies are out of character.

Lerky
2008-04-15, 08:37 PM
Yeah. And you only need to use parenthesis to indicate OOC in IC threads. As a rule, stickies are out of character.

okay thanks, i was wondering about tht and wantd to play it safe

randman22222
2008-04-16, 01:10 PM
I want to try this forum out... I'm in GMT +4 timezone, and I want to play my brand new avatar out - he's an ex-cop. Do I need a mentor for this or something?

gokol
2008-04-21, 11:15 PM
I am homebrew lover looking for someone to turn me into a champion of homebrewin and Turn my religion into a massive success.
So that's what I want in a master.
I also want someone who knows alot about the game and can probably help me renember those things I've forgoten that I read about back when my Public library still had DRAGON.

randman22222
2008-04-22, 10:44 AM
Hate to post again so soon, but I want to become a town member, but don't know where or how to start. Would someone help out?

Mee
2008-04-22, 01:03 PM
Nah, what you can do, is start somewhere (Like Trog's)) and just make a flashy entrance.
Read the rules, and if you make any mistakes, someone will point it out.

Eurus
2008-05-09, 08:22 PM
So, I posted a character, and I'd like to get started, but I'm not sure exactly what thread to post my 'dramatic entry' (read: 'Where the heck am I?' thread) so as not to interrupt anything. So a bit of advice might be appreciated, just to make sure I don't step on any toes.

Szilard
2008-05-09, 08:33 PM
Don't post in HALO or AMEN threads unless you are a part of them, so just pick any old inn or Tavern that looks interesting. I'd avoid entering in a plot.
The streets also make for a good entrance, or the ocean, forest or beach as well.

Dorizzit
2008-05-09, 08:36 PM
Most people start in Trog's Tavern.

Eurus
2008-05-09, 08:59 PM
Alright, thanks. I'll give Trog's and the rest of the taverns/inns a look-see.

Mx.Silver
2008-05-23, 07:33 PM
Okay, I've been thinking about joining this think for a bit. I have a done a few similar types of RP as this before, just nothing quite as huge as this, but I still have a few questions about various things that that I wasn't able to infer from the welcome thread.

1: Is it okay to use a race I myself have invented?

2: I have no real knowledge of D&D (aside from the Black Isle PC games). If I don't use the class or alignment sections on the Characters of the Town thread, is this likely to be a problem?

2b: If not using an established class, would I be required to post the abilities of my character in the aforementioned thread?

3: Are multiple PCs allowed? (if I ever wanted to introduce another character once I'd gotten myself a bit more established)

4: How strictly is currency dealt with? Are players supposed to keep track of a character's income, wealth and spending or is this more relaxed? In a similar vein, are characters required to get in-game jobs, assuming they don't come with a lot of cash to begin with (inheritances etc.)?

Dorizzit
2008-05-23, 07:59 PM
1: This is the town. You can literally do or be anything.

2: Doesn't matter at all. It's totally freeform.

2b: No, but a general idea of a character's abilities are appreciated.

3: Yes.

4: Currency isn't kept track of.

Mx.Silver
2008-05-24, 04:05 AM
1: This is the town. You can literally do or be anything.

2: Doesn't matter at all. It's totally freeform.

2b: No, but a general idea of a character's abilities are appreciated.

3: Yes.

4: Currency isn't kept track of.

Thanks, I'll go get started.

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 02:24 AM
I'd like a semi-mentor. I can also be a semi-mentor. I basically just need to know if my character can fall in and start anywhere. I love this site and OotS, and I don't want to tread on too many toes my first night. As an aside, my knowledge of D&D 3e and 3.5e rules is quite good, and I'll gladly explain any meandering, complex system as best I can just for fun. I'm a nerd like that.

Dorizzit
2008-06-07, 05:52 AM
Yeah, you can start anywhere.

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 05:35 PM

Thanks. I may need the services of an Avatarsmith. I don't want to impose, though.

Kyrian
2008-06-07, 06:05 PM

Well, with the exception of AMEN and HALO. Those you need to read the first posts to see what you need to do.

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 06:29 PM
Well, with the exception of AMEN and HALO. Those you need to read the first posts to see what you need to do.

Understood. I doubt my necromancer would fit in anyway. =) He's not the space type.

EDIT: That was a pun, by the way.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-06-08, 07:26 PM
Hmm, I've been here a while, but I never actually peeked in here. I'm confused on what exactly goes on in this sub-forum...

Evilgenius
2008-07-01, 08:16 PM
Hey, I'm new around here, and I want to become a member of the town, but I honestly have no idea where to start. How do I get a mentor?

Mee
2008-07-01, 08:21 PM
Well, first, post on the 'members of the town' thread, so you have a character, then come to a nice, central location, like, The Dancing Fox Inn, and show up.
There's not really too much you can mess up, and if you do (I did even when I started, I think everyone does) someone will tell you, and help you fix it.
If you read the, "Welcome to the Town' thread, that will inform you on the rest of the rules.
There's not too much more then that.

And like I said, if you de mess up, someone will tell you.

TFT
2008-07-29, 02:57 AM
I know I already started RPing a bit... but it would help to have a mentor, for nothing else but to correct any mistakes I make and anything that can be missed. I looked through most of the threads... (As a side note, Im in the west united states, and will probably be rping a bit earlier then 1 AM)

Szilard
2008-07-29, 11:09 AM
If you make a mistake in a thread, people rping with you will notice and help. You don't really need a mentor, there are maybe 20 active characters, perhaps more, being rped these days, not including the other demensional organizations.

Artemis97
2008-07-29, 05:29 PM
Catseye, if you still want a mentor, or just want some questions answered, feel free to send me a PM. I'm on the east coast, but I'm usually on pretty late. This offer is open to anyone, as well. I'm an old Townie, I know how things work around here and I'm always happy to help the newcomers.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2008-07-29, 05:41 PM
Alright, I guess that this is the most appropriate place to ask questions about the local customs and lingo, eh?

I have a pretty educated guess on this, but I've had some very bad experience with word misusage in my lifetime, so I still have to ask: What does everyone mean by, "deadtime?"

Also, would it be considered inappropriate to join a thread if I can't be relied upon to check back and post again every five minutes? What if I can only check in once or twice in a day?

Mee
2008-07-29, 05:43 PM
Deadtime is just when someone goes offline.
It means that their character can not be interacted with.

And no, you don't have to post every five minutes, there are several people that only post a few times a day.

Also, don't worry about not being welcomed, just don't post at HALO or AMEN if you don't ask to join.

Other then that, you're good.

Sequinox
2008-09-05, 06:42 PM
I would like to know just how, exactly, to make a character on one of those nifty one post threads. If that's what I should do to make a character... Okay I need help. If this isnt the right place to ask, where is?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-06, 01:23 AM
I'm interested in joining this "town" deal. Been avoiding this section of the boards for far too long. Will a mentor please shoot me a PM?

Xaspian
2008-09-06, 06:33 AM
Basically, you need a character concept. Whatever you want. It might be based on a character you've used in other RPs, or it can be entirely original.
Once you've got your idea, post a brief summary in the Character thread (so that other players can check it, if they want, and get an idea of who they're talking to).
Then, once you're character's ready, it's time to bring them to Town.
Basically, each thread is a place in Town. Write a post, describing your character's actions, and post it. Then, wait for other people's characters to respond, and go from there!

Oh, and it's always a good idea to read the 'Welcome to Town' thread. It lets you know some of the basics of Roleplaying in Town, and what to avoid. (For example, godmodding. Don't do it, kids!)

Anyway, good luck!

Wraithy
2008-09-13, 07:04 AM
Before I start using Mortimer, I was wondering if there was anyone in Town who is usually online from around 4:00-11:00 GMT?

JT Jag
2008-09-21, 09:31 PM
I just stumbled on this part of the board, and I'm VERY interested. But I have no idea where to start with my character, I don't know the local etiquette and house rules, and I don't know exactly the depth of what you guys do, though I think I have caught on to this being a freeform large-scale open roleplay largely for amusement.

Needless to say, I'd like to be clued in.

Quinsar
2008-09-21, 09:33 PM
Hello there. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Vince Dredicus. Mayor of this here town. A good starting point would be the link in my sig. You see it? The "Help us, Help the Town" one? Click that and read what it says. If you have any questions after that; ask me. And I'd love to help.:smallsmile:

nhbdy
2008-09-25, 05:41 PM
i am new to the town, and i want to play, but i have no idea what would work or what wouldn't work, im in central us time zone, and im 16

Mee
2008-09-26, 11:18 PM
Well, since no one else has answered, I'll go ahead and speak up:

All that you have to do, is read the 'Welcome to the Town' thread, then post your character, (or characters) on the 'Characters of the Town' thread.

Then go post somewhere.
Most start at either the streets, or the Dancing Fox Inn.

And if you do something wrong, someone will tell you.
Just be sure to understand at least most of the rules.
(Some of the rules don't make sense until you start playing, however. Just a warning.)

And, other then that, have fun.

nhbdy
2008-09-27, 08:47 AM
Well, since no one else has answered, I'll go ahead and speak up:

All that you have to do, is read the 'Welcome to the Town' thread, then post your character, (or characters) on the 'Characters of the Town' thread.

Then go post somewhere.
Most start at either the streets, or the Dancing Fox Inn.

And if you do something wrong, someone will tell you.
Just be sure to understand at least most of the rules.
(Some of the rules don't make sense until you start playing, however. Just a warning.)

And, other then that, have fun.

okay thanks

Mee
2008-09-27, 04:09 PM
You are very welcome.

TurkeyTGNom
2008-10-06, 06:42 AM
Wow...i must say ive seen these...things (i call em thread based rpgs, dont know what the 'official' term would be) but i have never seen it organized this cleanly. huzza to the creators!

*edit*
BTW, i think i have a good idea after reading the rules, but just to be safe, i wouldent mind a mentor to help get things rolling.

Im 23, and live in Hawaii. I tend to lean more towards a mix of both serious, and comedic roleplaying. My town character(s) are located here: Post#809 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17658&page=27)

Mee
2008-10-06, 01:00 PM
Well, what a lot of people do . . . . well, I've already typed it up several times, so I'll point you to a few posts ago, mostly, this one. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4997011&postcount=884)

And it will be nice to have more people here. :smallsmile:

TurkeyTGNom
2008-10-07, 08:32 PM
i think my biggest worry is, im not used to tossing out one liners for character actions. if anything, i tend to delve a little more into detail. after looking around to what everyone else does, whould it be considered 'wrong' to do it that way?

Mee
2008-10-07, 08:33 PM
No, by all means, be descriptive. Just don't godmod.
Everyone else keeps it short only so they aren't sad when the attack they spent 6 minutes writing misses.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-07, 08:33 PM
You certainly do not have to do one-liners. Infact, I prefer not to, if at all possible. Feel free to do whatever pleases you
((Though, I'm most inactive, so I don't know how much I could help >> ))

Pandaren
2008-10-07, 09:08 PM
Hello there. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Vince Dredicus. Mayor of this here town. A good starting point would be the link in my sig. You see it? The "Help us, Help the Town" one? Click that and read what it says. If you have any questions after that; ask me. And I'd love to help.:smallsmile:

*Smack*, stop misleading the newcomers.

((Unless I missed an overnight election...))

Kroy
2008-10-10, 11:52 AM
Do you use town characters in HALO, AMEN, GLOG, ect.?

Mee
2008-10-10, 02:29 PM
Sort of. Same system, but town characters can't go to HALO, or AMEN.
I can not say for GLoG.

Kroy
2008-10-10, 02:37 PM
K, thanks (Still no pun intended)

Mee
2008-10-10, 02:38 PM
((:smalltongue:))
May I ask why you're wondering?
If I know, I'm pretty sure I could help more.
Are you thinking of joining one?

Kroy
2008-10-10, 02:40 PM
I might, eventualy

Mee
2008-10-10, 02:41 PM
All righty.
Just wondering.
If/when you do, be sure to read the first post for how to join.

Beholder1995
2008-10-12, 09:29 AM
Well, what a lot of people do . . . . well, I've already typed it up several times, so I'll point you to a few posts ago, mostly, this one. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4997011&postcount=884)

And it will be nice to have more people here. :smallsmile:

You big hypocrite! You went into conniptions a while ago complaining about how Town was getting too big! :smallmad:(:smalltongue::smallwink:)

@LeoMan: Yeah... I missed it, too, but apparently Quinsar got elected mayor... we were originally going to elect Mee, who frankly, is a bit saner (:smalltongue:), but after Quin wrote that whole 'help the town' thing, they DFIgoers elected him instead...

Mee
2008-10-13, 08:02 PM
Beholder . . . . A) You are a hypocrite quite a lot.
B) I used to think it was too big. Now, I'm used to it.
C) Several people have left since then.

Beholder1995
2008-10-14, 06:07 AM
A) Oh, no kidding. Just CALLING you a hypocrite was hypocrisy on my part. :smalltongue:
B) Good to hear.
C) Wha-?... like, five new people have started posting since then...

Mee
2008-10-14, 08:33 PM
A: :smalltongue:
B: :smalltongue:
C: :smalltongue: Yeah, a few people have stopped posting.

Talic
2008-10-19, 02:38 AM
Sure, I'll bite (pun intended).

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5133010&postcount=812

Looking for a mentor for the rundown.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-19, 01:30 PM
Oh! I'm a mentor!

*Puts on mentoring clothes* Oh yeah. Let's do this. *Puts on shades* Here, go to the DFI, I'll bring one of my guys around.

Vossik
2008-10-28, 09:21 PM
I could use a mentor, I was going to ask beholder personally but don't want to impose.

Mee
2008-10-28, 09:22 PM
Go right ahead, ask Beholder. PM him, I'm pretty sure he'd be thrilled to have someone.

Beholder1995
2008-10-29, 03:29 PM
I'd be happy to mentor. :smallsmile:

Mee
2008-10-29, 07:01 PM
See? He's nice.
Except when he isn't . . . . *mutter mutter*
:smalltongue:

Gmmaster42
2008-11-07, 05:09 AM
Hey, I've just stumbled on this place, and it sounds like a lot of fun. However, I would like someone to help me get started out. I have a couple of character ideas, but I would like some professional opinion on which one to pick. I'm on GMT +12 time (weird I know), and I think it would be best if done by PM. I apologize in advance if it seems like I'm ignoring your PMs my internet connection has been on the fritz lately. Thanks.

Earl of Purple
2008-11-07, 07:31 AM
I have just made a town character, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17658&page=28 and I would like to have a mentor, I am not certain what time zone I am in, but I am British, so probably GMT standard, I think. I am at college a lot and I do not log in there, but Friday mornings (until 1:30, usually) and Wednesdays I am not at college.

Mee
2008-11-07, 02:56 PM
Well, I'm not normally online at those times, but feel free to PM me, I'll always respond.
It might take some time, but I could get you two started. Or, find someone who is online at that time. Up to you.

Earl of Purple
2008-11-08, 11:50 AM
OK then, if I need help, I will PM you. Thank you, Mee.

Gmmaster42
2008-11-08, 03:11 PM
Yes thank you, mee I will be PMing you soon.

Mee
2008-11-08, 03:54 PM
You are both very welcome. It's . . . kind of like my unofficial job to help you guys. Plus, I like helping. So, even once you guys are started, if you need anything else, by all means. My PM box is always open.

Szilard
2008-11-09, 11:04 AM
I'm a Town person from the olden times, so if anyone needs help, my pm box is probably open.

Lupy
2008-11-09, 02:50 PM
I play a lot, if you need a question answered fast, I'm usually on at 1:00 ish GMT. :smallsmile:

Beholder1995
2008-11-09, 05:18 PM
I'm on quite frequently... so, in following with the trend,

Mah PM Box iz alwehs open!!1!

:smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Redpieper
2008-11-17, 06:00 AM
Right new one here, just created my character.
I've read the guidelines, are there any actions that are really frowned upon? Except godmodding that is.

Mee
2008-11-17, 03:41 PM
Umm . . . . Overpoweredness.

Such as, if your character is level 4,000,000,000 in every class in the world, and could kill anyone with nothing but a thought, that's frowned upon.

Not too much else is.

Just, remember, even though this is the town, you still have to listen to the forum rules. Not just the rules of the town.

blackfox
2008-11-21, 12:04 PM
Question:
Whatever happened to Trog's Tavern?
We need to get the old '06-'07 crew back to town.
Lykan, El J, Ceika, Vael, Gezina, etc... :smallfrown:

Xaspian
2008-11-21, 12:31 PM
You'll find that many of the earlier members of Town have migrated to Enupnion (http://enupnion.myfastforum.org/index.php). It seems that since then, this version of Trog's has fallen mostly into disuse.

Mee
2008-11-21, 03:47 PM
Yup, he nailed the nail on the top, flat part.
((Translation: He's right.))

What happened to Trog's, in it's full 'glory':

Trog's was fine, until everyone left. Even then, there were three or four of us still posting. It was fun.
Then, Lerky opened the Dancing Fox Inn. He also got several other people to join. So, all of a sudden, there was a new inn, and about 4 people posting there.
I went to check it out. Which, since I was one of the only people left posting there, it got even more boring there.
So everyone else moved as well.
Then, seeing everyone in the DFI, the new people that joined saw it, instead of Trog's. So everyone went to the DFI.
Trog's . . . . fell off the face of the earth.

And then, not too long ago, (Maybe a few months) Phantom took over Trog's. He said: No one was there to stop him. So he did a hostile, IC take over. ((Not that I'm trying to point fingers. I'm simply telling you what happened.))

I haven't been back to it. Because . . . I have many good memories of it. I still like it, but . . . no one else is there. *shrug*

Saintjebus
2008-11-21, 06:35 PM
I'm kind of new to the playground(only been posting actively about a month) and this looked kind of interesting. Do I just create a character straight from my imagination? Is it simply freestyle rping? Is there some DM analog that I would report to?

Oh, BTW, I'm in GMT -7. Not sure what that means exactly, I just say I'm on Mountain Time(U.S)

Mee
2008-11-21, 09:40 PM
Yup, pretty much, you play who, and what, you want. There is no one to report to. No DM. As this is freeform.
Just be sure to read the rules, (Both of the town, and of the forum), then possibly check out some of the links, labeled: Help the town. (The first two in my signature. The: Helping the town, part I, II.)
The second one should be able to help, almost as much as the Welcome to the Town, thread.
It will help you get started.

Other then that, have fun. If you need any help, by all means, PM me. I'll be happy to help.

Kroy
2008-11-22, 11:50 AM
I'm most likely going to join HALO in a little bit, could someone please tell me the basic rundown and how it differs from the town?

Quinsar
2008-11-22, 11:52 AM
HALO is more localised, more plot based, and more random... If that makes any sense...

Kroy
2008-11-22, 11:57 AM
Kinda..... And, because I killed Kroy (my old character in the town) can I reincarnate him in the ACROYM universe?

Quinsar
2008-11-22, 12:05 PM
Yes, hey, I'ma member of HALO, how 'bout I buddy you in?

AmberVael
2008-11-22, 12:14 PM
Question:
Whatever happened to Trog's Tavern?
We need to get the old '06-'07 crew back to town.
Lykan, El J, Ceika, Vael, Gezina, etc... :smallfrown:

>.>
<.<
The Vael is always lurking... :smallamused:

Kroy
2008-11-22, 12:18 PM
Sure, thanks!
Deadtime!

Quinsar
2008-11-22, 12:18 PM
Kay, go ahead and post then.

Saintjebus
2008-11-22, 01:34 PM
Can someone tell me how to put a spoiler in my sig? I can't figure it out, and there are no instructions on how to do it. Thanks!

Szilard
2008-11-22, 01:35 PM
Blah looks like:
Blah

Raistlin1040
2008-11-22, 01:36 PM
Text here

That's what you'll want to put in. Remove the noparse tags (Which I have that eliminates the coding) and you get...

Text here

Szilard
2008-11-22, 01:39 PM
My ninja skills still work.:smallbiggrin:

Saintjebus
2008-11-22, 02:11 PM
Along those same lines, how do you link to a specific post? I know how to put a link in, but I don't know how to specify a specific post. Thanks again!

Mee
2008-11-22, 02:28 PM
On any post, there is the darker brown top on it.
Saying when it was posted, and which post number it is.
Click on the number.

If that doesn't make any sense, I'll try to make it make more. If that makes sense.

Saintjebus
2008-11-22, 02:47 PM
Thank you, Mee. That's very helpful. Thanks alot!!

Mee
2008-11-22, 02:48 PM
Yaaaay!
You're welcome, I'm happy to help.
Let me know if I ever can again.

The Gremlin
2008-11-27, 04:37 PM
Hi, I'm new to this game. I'm looking for a mentor. I'm really not sure how any of this works, just so you all know.
My character (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5368306&postcount=29).
Thanks. :smallsmile:

Mee
2008-11-27, 04:41 PM
Basically, read this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28740) thread, and possibly PM someone for specifics.
My inbox is always open, and I'm happy to help.
So, read that, then PM me for any parts you don't understand, or have trouble understanding.
And it will work out.
I'm glad you're here. :smallsmile:

The Gremlin
2008-11-27, 04:55 PM
Basically, read this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28740) thread, and possibly PM someone for specifics.
My inbox is always open, and I'm happy to help.
So, read that, then PM me for any parts you don't understand, or have trouble understanding.
And it will work out.
I'm glad you're here. :smallsmile:

Thanks. I PM'ed you.

Mee
2008-11-27, 04:57 PM
You're very welcome. And, by all means, even once you get started, and know 'everything' (I put it in ticky marks, since no one knows everything), but if you need more help, PM me. I'm more then happy to help.

Szilard
2008-11-27, 09:42 PM
I'm here to help as well.