PDA

View Full Version : In Search of an Artistic Co-Conspirator

GryffonDurime
2010-11-21, 10:22 PM
Inspired by the success of another (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175219) recent thread in gathering interested parties, I have an admission: my name is (for all intents and purposes of this forum, at least) Gryffon, I'm an MFA student obtaining a degree in creative writing, and I have always considered myself, despite all my writerly-ambitions, a jealous, jealous fan of the arts. Jealous because despite a strong visual component to my imagination, I lack the ability to draw, to paint, and so on. I've always been a fan of visual storytelling in all its forms, and have longed to participate in such a project.

So, my thread's title is appropriate. I don't have any illusions: there are stories I would love to tell in a comic format, but what I'm really looking for here is a co-conspirator, a cohort, someone who participates in the creation of whatever the project ends up being. I want someone with opinions and ideas, someone looking to tell a story collaboratively.

Certainly, if we ended up using some material I've already invested myself in? That's wonderful. But more important, I think, is finding a project that an artist and a writer can develop together. I'm open, generally considerate, and I want to see a project through to its conclusion--whatever that may be.

So I put it to you, oh lovely people of the playground: are there any artists who've been looking for a collaborator?

squidbreath
2011-01-10, 10:20 PM
Hi! If you're still available, I'm ok-ish at drawing.(DA) (http://squidbreath.deviantart.com/gallery/)

There's been a story churning in my mind for a while, except there's nearly no plot, just character backgrounds. Oo" I'll start it off if you wanna see, or I can just go along with whatever you have in mind.

leakingpen
2011-01-11, 10:34 AM
I've a couple dozen web comic ideas as well, some adult, some not. I'll take the Gryffon's sloppy seconds!

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-01-11, 07:50 PM
I've a couple dozen web comic ideas as well, some adult, some not. I'll take the Gryffon's sloppy seconds!

I might be interested in helping you out if you still needed someone, but since you've had two offers already I'm guessing that's unlikely! I've really not got a lot of work online at the moment - I made my avatar myself though and I've got a couple of pages of a cover version of CoffeeIncluded's fan-comic Murphy's Law up on her thread. Still, let me know if you want to discuss it further or ask for sample art of anything more specific...