PDA

View Full Version : †he Black Marke† : Journey's End : I

Hydrogelic
2006-09-26, 10:51 AM
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3838/topbannercopyhf4.png

The stairs wind further and further downward into the murky blackness , twisting and turning left and right , seemingly indiscriminately ; with only the occasional hint of light showing through a rusted Grille , or a Grime encrusted window . The passage is old , possibly even ancient , yet the path seems to be in constant use . Alcoves were long ago set into the walls , at intervals of roughly five feet apart ; though once ornate and decorated , they now seem both derelict and ominous .

At the end of the long dark winding tunnel , there is an ancient wooden door , set into the even older bedrock . The planks of the door are black with age , and appear as if they have been in a fire , and submerged in water for more than a decade . The handcrafted rivets holding the door together appear tp be silver plated iron , black with tarnish , and red with rust where the iron has shown through the Plating .

Characters who disagree with thievery and knavery , should likely stop reading now , as the door will never open for them .

All others , who are willing to talk , drink and trade unmaliciously with the black market will be able to enter into the sanctum , through the ancient portal.

The room within had the appearance of a large conservatory , built in the remains of an observatory . The ceiling tapers towards the Center , where a network of hairline cracks have already begun to appear in the aged ceiling . Out from every crack and unused receptacle , purple and teal colored plants are growing . Several of these strange plants are glowing very softly , and there is a faint noise on the edge of hearing , like the sound of wind in the trees . Small birds and firefly skim through the air above , .

The room (If that indeed is what you would call it) is dominated by three Gypsy wagons ; How they got down here , in the bowels of the earth , is anyone's guess ; but piled up against them and around them is a plethora of produce like no other . In the center of the wagons , set out in a manner akin to a largish market stall , are tables full of lock picks , Cloaks , Ropes , Daggers , purses , bags , trinkets and tchotchke ; Astounding in their variety , and unbelievable in quantity .

The Gypsy vans are wooden , with the flats covered in carefully stretched pieces of scaly shadow dragon hide , in the place of a typical black paint covering . Slats used in construction have been left with their original dark wooden appearance , old and varnished . The roofs are thatch of the highest quality , with lanterns hung off each end of the roof crosspiece (As this implies , the roofing consists of only two faces ) . Silver stars have been layered onto the black shadow dragon hide , and underneath them , Intricate scenes depicting the city streets at night . All of the bolts , rivets and fixtures which would normally be metal , are silver ; or at least , they appear to be . Judging from the silver plated door rivets outside , its hard to tell if the owner has actually used solid silver in the van's construction , or a stronger material such as dual plated iron . The wheels are rimmed in silver , with silver spikes on them for extra traction . The leftmost cart has a small eve in the center of its roof , which shelters a tiny skylight window . Next to the windowpane , a bird has built its nest .

The carts are reinforced with a layer of ironwood in between the interior and exterior walls , making them virtually indestructible . The undersides are raised up by a foot , making them easy to store things underneath , as well as making them a great hiding spot , due to the ledges which rim the Gap between the cart and the room bottom . Invisible to the naked eye , there are trapdoors in all the carts which allow someone inside to escape into this undercarriage . Opening them is easy , for one who knows how , but the exact method is a well kept secret .

Someone has evidently expected , and intended , for these vans to last for as long as possible . All the nails used in construction have been hand-etched with magical wards , which prevent the wood used in the vans construction from being prone to burning . The ironwood reinforcement proofs the structure against any forms of sonic damage , and the entire structure has been meticulously made watertight through the use of resin , and dire beeswax . The Tri-layer wall reinforcement makes forced entry via acidic means virtually impossible , and the door fittings are warded against the use of acidic tools for forced entry .

The locks which have been fitted to the van doors were made by an insane Outsider clockmaker , and as such , they are some of the most complex ever crafted by humanoid hand .

The carts aren't drawn by horses or oxen , but instead , the wheels are turned by steam , generated by a small engine . Each engine is a small clockwork box which contains three elemental power stones . One is a direct link to the plane of water , the other a direct link to the plane of fire . These generate the steam which turns the engine piston . The third power stone is a link to the plain of air , and is used to remove the steam generated by the other stones , without having to conspicuously vent it . The entire engine mechanism is small enough to fit into a portable hole , and hence , on the underside of each van , there is a portable hole mounted. Each hole is covered by a riveted down section of ironwood , with a hole in the center , from which the drive shaft protrudes .

For anyone trying to sneak in via the roof , there is a length of barbed silver razor wire which lines the edge of the cart wall , right where anyone climbing up would be likely to place their fingers . Behind this , hidden just behind the thatch , is a line of powdered juniper and garlic cloves , which fully surrounds the circumference of the roof . Between the garlic and the wire , there is a circle of salt , which also surrounds the entire circumference . The silver barbed wire is also found on top of the roof support slats , and along the top of the roof . Anyone with paranormally good eyesight would be able to see that the wire is also etched with angelic runes , to ward against the undead .

The Exterior layers of the cart have Epic Repulsion (Catgirls) Cast upon them , creating a permanent ward against them . Any creature of the specified type cannot attack or touch the warded creature or object .

There is of curse a contingency plan , in case this epic level spell is thwarted , Someone has carefully installed a portable hole above each of the doors . Inside is a mechanism which will , upon a catgirl's entrance , protrude a mechanical arm ; the purpose of which being to dangle a ball of pink catnip scented yarn in the most tantalizing fashion possible.

The leftmost van appears to be full of rare and unprinted books . The interior walls are bookshelves , and there is literature scattered almost everywhere around the van . The floor has been covered in thick black velvet , and it is evident that one should take their shoes off while walking inside of this van . On top of the left bookshelf , there is a snow white ferret , sleeping in its cage , while in the right-hand corner , there is what appears to be a miniature Dice Golem . Its red D100 eyes are focused intently on deciphering a book entitled 'Advanced Concepts Of Probability and Statistics' . All the books are one-of a kind , some even being unprinted manuscripts . Pulling the top book off of the closest pile reveals a copy of 'Steal this book 2: Steal this White house' , and underneath that , a copy of J.R.R Tolkien's , The lord of the Rings ; normal , except for the fact that in this version , the orcs are the fair allies of man , and the elves are the evil abominations of Mordor .

The second van appears to hold a select portion of merchandise , not for sale under regular terms . Your memory is fuzzy about what you actually saw in there , but you recall it being amazingly Hypnotic . Incidentally , your wallet is now missing .

The third van is a mite bigger on the inside , than it appears to be on the outside (But only by about two feet) . Slung between the roof beams is a hammock , made from the fur of the winter wolf . There are miscellaneous items block mounted and hung on the walls : a silver scepter , inlaid with jet stones and detailed in obsidian , a large silver key , also inlaid with jet , a blue sapphire coronet , a red spoon , and a pair of expensive looking shoes . Underneath each of these items there is a discrete silver plaque , upon which is etched an odd pictogramic script . From what you can discern , it all refers to some sort of heirlooms of a were-jackal kingdom . The right hand side of the van has been carpeted , and there is a downscaled sofa crammed into the remaining space . The sofa is upholstered in fur from young Winter wolves ; Warm as a blazing fire , and as soft as sable hair . In the back left corner , there is a large pile of books , while the left wall is dominated by a long wooden bench . This bench serves as a miniature conservatory , desk , filing cabinet , workshop , and home for a large family of albino ferrets . Behind the bench is a large glass sphere , set into the wall of the van , and large enough in total size that it doesn't protrude interferingly over the workbench . The sphere occupies space which isn't related to the van's exterior dimensions , and is not visible from outside the van . The sphere is a micro ecology , with the part behind the desk being a mere window into it . It is half filled with water , and the rest is dominated by plants , small mammals and birds . It is lit by a Dwarf sun , incarcerated in a diffuser , and the room is permanently bathed in its soft , yellow light .

Hydrogelic , the Quarterling Quarter-elf Quarter-Dwarf, Runs the miniature market from his velvet lined , tall directors chair , behind the merchandise stall .

Hydrogelic
2006-09-26, 11:33 AM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6474/blackmarketzm3.png http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6474/blackmarketzm3.png
http://i13.tinypic.com/2q3oe1h.pnghttp://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2491/customercardshinyge8.png
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7793/dariusmf7.pnghttp://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4296/firedudeyc6.png
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1275/murkypoolrr1.png
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1218/contractee7.png http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3649/invoicecopypl1.png
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9154/myatvertcopyue8.png http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/298/oldnumber3kz9.png
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7739/nobuisnessyv7.png

Renrik
2006-09-26, 12:55 PM
I would like to sell some of the goods I got from the Southlands. A large supply of Opium, Gold, Jade, Spices, and Silk are in my holdings.

Also, I have an artifact from the south. A statue of a Rain Goddess, said to open the tomb of some manner of king. I wish to sell these.

Cathrindir
2006-09-26, 06:10 PM
A man in black cloaks walks down the passageway and stands in front of the merchandise stall, his face obscured by the dark hood covering his face.
"I wish to sell some curious things I've discovered; this is the right place to sell the goods?"

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 01:44 AM
I will purchace all of these items .

What would you like your payment in . Goods , Gold Guilders , gems , Guild Silvers and a variety of other material payments are avalable , as well as access tp Guild services .

I am intruiged by this wond statue , and we will of course take anything off your hands , no matter where the source is , or what kind of nefarious purposes it has .

You wish to sell, the Guild will provide .

Wukei
2006-09-27, 01:50 AM
A pirate captain wearing a white jacket over a black silk blouse and slacks walks into the market, a bag slung over her right shoulder, being supported by the same arm. Her left arm is out of her jacket's sleeve and hanging limply as if injured. She lays down the bag and grins. And here I thought this town was too good for a black market...

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 01:55 AM
A pirate captain wearing a white jacket over a black silk blouse and slacks walks into the market, a bag slung over her right shoulder, being supported by the same arm. Her left arm is out of her jacket's sleeve and hanging limply as if injured. She lays down the bag and grins. And here I thought this town was too good for a black market...
Well , it is that good no longer .

What might i do for you today ?

Wukei
2006-09-27, 01:57 AM
Wukei lays down the bag with a large 'thunk.' I've acquired the magical armour of a few late sailors...I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I needed to get rid of it. Too much for me to handle, of course.

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 02:07 AM
Wukei lays down the bag with a large 'thunk.' I've acquired the magical armour of a few late sailors...I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I needed to get rid of it. Too much for me to handle, of course.

Ah yes ; I think i can find a buyer for this . I I have a contact who collects nautical armour for use in golem making .

How would you like to be paid , i can offer you Any of the nine standard currencies the guild normally deals in , plus goods , services , gems , organs , or anything else which takes your fancy .

Wukei
2006-09-27, 02:10 AM
Gems will do...I work with respectable lawful good citizens frequently...so I need something rather normal...

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 02:18 AM
Gems will do...I work with respectable lawful good citizens frequently...so I need something rather normal...

* Hydrogelic Rmmages around under the table , then comes back up with a black lether sachel , containing a mix of black jade and white diamond gemstones *

I hope this proves sufficiant , and if they turn out to be defective , the guild will compensate you fully .

* Hands over a small card *

Heres your customer card ; Its invisible to non-customers , so dont worry about getting caught with it . After your 5th transation , your welcome to join the guild as a Lay-Member .

* Stamps for the first transaction *

((Ill draw up a decent card graphic once my internet is fixed))

Wukei
2006-09-27, 02:20 AM
Wukei bows, taking the satchel and the card. A pleasure doing business with you. She turns and heads toward the exit.

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 07:51 AM
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4315/customercardwukeicopymb8.png

"One of these days ill have to think about installing a bar in here"

Darius Midnite
2006-09-27, 08:50 AM
A drow wearing a dark mithral mail and a dark cape with white runes steps out from the darkness. Curiously he looks around as he walks up to the wagons "Greetings...Hope you don't mind me looking around a bit? Old habit you see..." He smirks and continues to check the dark place

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 09:04 AM
Not at all , visitors are always welcome here . If you need anything , do let me know .

I dont mind you scrutinizing everywhere , but do be careful of the vans , The doors will admit you , but any other mode of enterance could be rather dangerous .

Vindemiatrix
2006-09-27, 09:52 AM
*Drifts in through the wall, pointedly ignoring the defenses. Looks around a bit, and, seeing Darius, drifts over to him*
Hello. I haven't seen you around here for a while.

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 09:54 AM
Hydrogelic Raises an eyebrow , but decides to keep his moth shut unless spoken to .

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 11:39 AM
Im closing up for the night . Feel free to use the thread while im absent , ant/or leave notes .

Darius Midnite
2006-09-27, 01:13 PM
*Drifts in through the wall, pointedly ignoring the defenses. Looks around a bit, and, seeing Darius, drifts over to him*
Hello. I haven't seen you around here for a while.

"Got tired of darkness, brought up too many bad memories from the past. But I'm back now..." He sits down near the wagons and creates a dark purple fire to warm himself.

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-27, 06:26 PM
Daedrous walks down the stairs, staring at the door. He walks back up and leaves.

TheHawk
2006-09-27, 08:37 PM
Walks up and leaves a message. I have recently *found* large qualities of unworked gold and need to sell. Also I need a small dagger with a wrist sheath. Preferable poisoned. I seem to have *misplaced* mine in someones back.

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 08:41 PM
* Retrives the message *

Mutters to himself "Ahhh , I have just the thing"

He then proceeds to fummage through a crate of weapons .

((Store is now open))

Darius Midnite
2006-09-28, 06:31 AM
Darius wakes up next to the fire he made the day before, his back hurts because of the stone floor he slept on. He gets up and stretches his arms, then walks over to the store "I have something I wish to sell..." He takes a black leather bag forth and empties the content on the palm of his hand. "Shadow dragon scales, they can be used to make strong armor or to create powerful potions...Interested?" He closes the bag and awaits a response.

Hydrogelic
2006-09-28, 09:36 AM
I will definitely purchase these from you .

How would you like to be paid ? I have the nine standard currencies here , plus gems , and goods .

Also , will you be wanting a preferred customer card ?

Vindemiatrix
2006-09-28, 09:39 AM
*Leaves*

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2006-09-28, 09:54 AM
There is a just-audible bamf, at the edge of hearing; subsequent to the noise, a figure comes bobbing down the corridor, covered with a floor-length cloak. Its gait seems ridiculous, indicating a
cripple until one realizes that, ridiculously enough, the 'figure' is actually a spherical being floating in the cloak's head portion, a feeble disguise at best.

Approaching the table, the sphere (whose disguise isn't entirely ieffective; it might be anyone spherical under there) deposits, first, a small bag of tooled leather. An analysis of its weight, and a peek inside, would reveal a number of coins in platinum, their edges worked with runes and their faces with the likeness of far foreign kings and queens.

Beside the bag, which is evidently meant as payment for dealing with the second item, he sets down (not without difficulty) an elaborate short-sword. Its blade is split down the center, forming two slightly seperated points; the runnels thereupon have been inlaid in the likeness of diaphonous claws, and the crossgaurd continues this impression; two rubies are set low in the hilt, and the white-rayskin grip is further detailed with corondum wire in red.

The bobbing, weaving stranger speaks.
I'll be needing two Belker hearts, and the services of a smith with some magical acumen; I can't seem to find anyone with the necessary skills, but people of your sort have a reputation for finding...anything you need. The magic necessary to renew the sword's enchantment is....less than savory in nature, but I trust that won't bother you.

Momentarily, the cloak flares with light in the visual equivalent of a chuckle.

Psicrystal
2006-09-28, 10:10 AM
Iames enters through the door, carrying a mug of what smells like hot chocolate. Hello, everyone. I must say, this is an interesting place... His telepathic voice seems soft and sibilant. He examines the vans, looks over the assortment of items, and then leaves, saying, I must be on my way, but I'll be back...

Hydrogelic
2006-09-28, 11:00 AM
There is a just-audible bamf
The bobbing, weaving stranger speaks.
I'll be needing two Belker hearts, and the services of a smith with some magical acumen; I can't seem to find anyone with the necessary skills, but people of your sort have a reputation for finding...anything you need. The magic necessary to renew the sword's enchantment is....less than savory in nature, but I trust that won't bother you.

Momentarily, the cloak flares with light in the visual equivalent of a chuckle.

Will you be needing those hearts fresh , or are you after dried, preserved , or pickled ones ?

As for your need for a smith , my dice golem is a competent crafter , although if the magic is as complex as you suggest , I may send for a guildsman to help with this little problem of yours . The guild smiths dont exactly sacrifice orphans for fun , but rest assured , they wont turn down a job , no matter how unsavory in nature it might be .

As this is your first time dealing with us , I am happy to present you with a customer card . It is invisible to people who dont shop here , so worry not , get it stamped every visit , and on your fifth transaction , you are invited to join the guild as a Lay member .

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2491/customercardshinyge8.png

Darius Midnite
2006-09-28, 01:41 PM
I will definitely purchase these from you .

How would you like to be paid ? I have the nine standard currencies here , plus gems , and goods .

Also, will you be wanting a preferred customer card ?

"Gems will be sufficient, and yes, I would like a preferred customer card thank you..." He smirks a bit, then puts another two black bags on the table.

2006-09-28, 05:55 PM
Will you be needing those hearts fresh , or are you after dried, preserved , or pickled ones ?

As for your need for a smith , my dice golem is a competent crafter , although if the magic is as complex as you suggest , I may send for a guildsman to help with this little problem of yours . The guild smiths dont exactly sacrifice orphans for fun , but rest assured , they wont turn down a job , no matter how unsavory in nature it might be .

As this is your first time dealing with us , I am happy to present you with a customer card . It is invisible to people who dont shop here , so worry not , get it stamped every visit , and on your fifth transaction , you are invited to join the guild as a Lay member .

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2491/customercardshinyge8.png

Fresh, the figure whispers Once the enchantment is restored, they'll need to be bled over it to seal it in. Thanks for the card, by the way...and as to the matter of whom does the enchanting....I don't need any orphans sacrificed. The sword is intended to transform into vapor; the steel blade flashes, for a moment, into silver-tinged steam and heads for the shopkeep's lips before retracting with a grating sound. I'm sure you recognize the attack as similar to that of the creature whose heart I require; a similar creature's entire lifeforce must be bound into the blade. While it is an evil beast, some of the most virtuous would balk at enslaving the soul of even the most fell creature, whence my seeking out of your...peculiar services. Do as you think best; I care only for results, at the moment.

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-28, 06:37 PM
This time, realizing that he may pass through, Daedrous slowly opens the door.

[It must be those levels of rogue...]

"This is the place to be when you need to get something from under the GUFIPOLICE's noses..." He looks around, and leans against the wall, writing something.

Flabbicus
2006-09-28, 06:40 PM
This time, realizing that he may pass through, Daedrous slowly opens the door.

[It must be those levels of rogue...]

"This is the place to be when you need to get something from under the GUFIPOLICE's noses..." He looks around, and leans against the wall, writing something.

(( I thought Daedrous was a Lvl 25 straight Fighter? ))

(( Damnit Daedrous/Rivik, first you steal part of my name now my old, reincarnated idea for Rilik!

What's next, you using fencing weapons? :P ))

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-28, 08:14 PM
[Nah, and I didn't know you ever did that. He was a 15/fighter 10/sorcerer in the original plan...]

[I guess great minds think alike.]

Flabbicus
2006-09-28, 08:15 PM
[Nah, and I didn't know you ever did that. He was a 15/fighter 10/sorcerer in the original plan...]

[I guess great minds think alike.]

(( That or they get locked away and killed by the Inquisition. ))

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-28, 08:16 PM
[What's the inquisition?]

Flabbicus
2006-09-28, 08:17 PM
(( The Greatest Show on Earth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAVJ9ZyghlA) ))

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-28, 08:20 PM
[Torquemada is AWESOME!]

Daedrous gets up and leaves. He's definitely not going to not check out the non-existant mafia.

Darius Midnite
2006-09-29, 11:54 AM
Darius sits down by his fire and waits. He pulls out a black tome and begins reading it.

Renrik
2006-09-29, 12:42 PM
I wish my payment to be in gold.

Hydrogelic
2006-09-29, 10:29 PM
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7793/dariusmf7.png

† Hydro places a bag of Topazes and Amethists on the table , obviously intended for Darius †

† Hydro places a bag of gold on the table for Renrick †

† Hydro enters the centre van , After some time , and many indesctibable noises , he returns with a pair of bleeding hearts . And places them on the sword of Sir shiny of Shiningham †

((I apologise for the quick post , but this is the only opportunity im going to have for a while to post (a while meaning until tonight , and i have been afk for the last42 hours and 33 minutes ; I beg your forgiveness and ask that you are understanding))

Xerillum
2006-09-29, 10:37 PM
Xerillun goes in, and argues with the golem about the price of a Crown of kingly kingliness that as Xerillum had just remembered, was his by bloodright. he doesn't remember where he is a king of, but he is a king.

Darius Midnite
2006-09-30, 05:07 AM
((*Cough*))

Hydrogelic
2006-09-30, 08:55 AM
((*Cough*))

((Not satisfied?))

Flabbicus
2006-09-30, 09:33 AM
((Not satisfied?))

(( I think he was waiting for you to post again. ))

2006-09-30, 09:44 AM
Shiny takes the hearts, placing them in what appears to be a specially treated bag. He fades from sight...

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-30, 10:24 AM
Once again opening the door to the strange Black Market, Daedrous returns.

"I'd like to get some stolen goods. Would you happen to have any..." Daedrous looks over, making sure nobody is watching. "Any... Elf blood? Male high-elven blood, to be exact."

Hydrogelic
2006-09-30, 10:27 AM
(( I think he was waiting for you to post again. ))

((Seriously , im so tired , its not funny , id roleplay more , but im about to pass out , so im off to bed))

^ * Hands over a flask of fine red liquid *

"Im too tired to charge you , so you can owe me a favour"

((again , sorry about the lack of roleplaying here , im about to fall over with the sleepness))

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-30, 07:31 PM
Daedrous slowly takes the red liquid. "Thank you. I will pay you when you ask me too - although my funds are getting low." And with that, Daedrous takes his leave, through the door, and up the stairs.

Darius Midnite
2006-10-01, 08:05 AM
((Not satisfied?))

((Sorry for the long response time, the *Cough* was intended for Xerillum. There is nothing wrong with my payment))

Darius takes the gems with a smile on his lips "Thank you for business, I will in time come with more goods to sell..." He then reaches for the card and picks it up, with a nod he vanishes out from sight.

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-10-01, 09:27 PM
A gnome with a large staff in his hand and a blue cloak walks in. The cloak slowly changes to its true color of black, revealing him as a necromancer. He walks into the first wagon. "I need a large supply of powerful painkillers, as well as a jet black, poisened dagger and sheath, capable of affecting incorpreal beings. I will also need a compplete skeleton of a 10-year old child. Killed naturally would be preffered. And 40 black Onyx stones for animating skeletons. I can pay in precious metals.I would like a card."

Hydrogelic
2006-10-01, 09:48 PM
† Hydro rummages around underneath the table , and comes back up with a sack full of Onyx stones †

† Hydro goes into his own van and returns with a small crate labelled painkillers †

† Hydro rummages around in a crate marked Poisoned Daggers , and pulls out a small black dagger , adding it to the pile on the table .

† Hydro walks around the back of the wagons , and comes back dragging a small skeleton

Poor little chap , he tried to break in to the vans while I was asleep ; since then I've installed an age filter on the door , but the damage has been done .

† Hydro hands him a card †

Payment in artifacts , silver , or shadow dragon scales is preffered , although we will accept all currencies .

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-10-01, 10:03 PM
Firedude pulls out a portable hole, and an Iron golem with a massive bag filled with silver walks out. The portable hole has silver coins all over the inside. The golem places the bag next to Hydrogelic, then steps back into the portable hole. Firedude closes the hole, puts the skeleton in a seperate one, straps on the dagger, puts the stones in a belt pouch, and the crate in the portable hole. "I have a feeling we will have a long and prosperous relationship. Is there a room I can rent?"

Hydrogelic
2006-10-01, 10:15 PM
† Hydrogelic pushes aside a section of the iron wall , which groans ominously . Behind it , set into the wall , is an ancient ornate wooden door . †

You can use this room for the time being . There is a living vault behind the bookcase if you want to store anything , and the tapestry doubles as a magic portal to the surface .

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-10-01, 10:24 PM
"Perfect. How much do I owe you? "

Hydrogelic
2006-10-02, 07:32 AM
Eighty Silvers , payable now or later , in items , or any form of currency , including guilders , platnum , ceramic pices , guild silvers , gems and Groats .

If this price seems too high , I am very willing to negotiate a lower price .

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4296/firedudeyc6.png
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1218/contractee7.png
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3649/invoicecopypl1.png
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2778/nobuisnesspo6.png

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-10-02, 08:56 AM
Phenominal. Great price. I'll pay you in a bit." The gnome walks in to his new home, Thakes the portable hole with the skeleton and the crate lays them on the bed, then leaves. As he passes, he says "Naturally, if anyone asks, I don't live here." He walks out, his cloak slowly changing to blue.

Hydrogelic
2006-10-02, 09:00 AM
"Naturally ; this place doesnt exist , we have not transacted any buisness , and the guild is nothing more than a rumor , made up by drunken taverngoers trying to explain the rising price of ale ."

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-10-02, 05:11 PM
The gnome walks back in and goes to the 1st cart. "I need two things. One, the book Viscus Calx. The second, I need a finely crafted obsidian heart. The book is very rare, it make take a few days to find. I will pay handsomely."

Hydrogelic
2006-10-03, 06:10 AM
The Viscus Calx ? Any preference on which print run and the condition ?

Your obsidian heart , on the other hand , will be ready in twelve hours . Ill have my dice golem craft you one specifically .

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-10-03, 09:05 PM
" Preferably Gnomish, though if that is not possible Elven is almost as good. And if a copy is available that is written by a Lich, that takes prevailence. If not, the older the better, though it must be full, and in good condition. NO summaries." The gnome walks over to be measured by the Golem.

Hydrogelic
2006-10-03, 09:21 PM
* Hydrogelic walks into the van full of books , And comes back carrying a wheighty tome *

The Viscus Calx , unabridged and hand scribed by a Gnomish lich , as per request .

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-10-04, 07:52 AM
The Gnomes eyes practically pop out of his head. " Th..th....THAT'S PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!! Heres my portable hole of silver. It will also pay for my room. It has been a PLEASURE soing business with you. Now, I will walk into my room, and don't bother me for a few hours." *hands over the portable hole* The gnome takes his obsidian heart and walks into his room.

Hydrogelic
2006-10-05, 08:50 PM
*opens up *

Darius Midnite
2006-10-06, 07:31 AM
Darius walks out from a dark corner, with fast movement he begins walking towards the market wagons. As he reaches them he stops up and speaks "Greetings once again. I would like to make a special order, It seems that I have run out poison you see, so I'll need the following ingredients: Basilisk venom, blood rose, nightshade flower, void stones, cursed water and drool from an Aranea." He raises and eyebrow at Hydrogelic and awaits an response.

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-06, 08:37 PM
[Wait wait wait, for the sleepy shopkeep!]

Xerillum
2006-10-06, 08:56 PM
Xerillum walks in, grabs a silver prosthetic left arm, and runs away.

Hydrogelic
2006-10-11, 05:01 AM
* Hydrogelic takes note of the theft in a large , letherbound , black book *

Basilisk venom, blood rose, nightshade flower, void stones, cursed water and drool from an Aranea ?

*Hydrogelic goes rummaging in the garden , pouring a flask of water from a black watering can , cutting a rose , nestoled away at the back , and carefully picking nightshade flowers with his gloved hands . He dumps them on the table , then enters the second van . *

GRSAHHEH!

* Stay still!*

GRAHHHHHHH!

*Hydro returns with a flask of drool , and some stones . He appears to be limping slightly *

Murky_Pool
2006-10-11, 05:05 AM
((Can you just walk into this place or do you have to know it's there? I've got a character with a need for some items. I've never visited or bought anything as Murky Pool, which isn't the Red Thing's name anyway. I'd rather not have the chief of police associated with the black market, the less reason the police have to investigate this place the better. Thanks))

Hydrogelic
2006-10-11, 05:10 AM
((Can you just walk into this place or do you have to know it's there? I've got a character with a need for some items. I've never visited or bought anything as Murky Pool, which isn't the Red Thing's name anyway. I'd rather not have the chief of police associated with the black market, the less reason the police have to investigate this place the better. Thanks))

((Privacy of customers is assured, you CAN just walk into this place, but the door wont admit people who have unulterior motives in mind , i.e , those who totally follow the LG mentallity . Even good persons and lawful persons can come in , as long as their purpose is merely to exchange , talk , and trade , and not to investigate or shut down ; If you dont want to be associated with the black market , anyone who enters wearing a cape has total anonaminity. All customer cards are invisible to anyone but other customers .

I wouldnt worry too much anyway , considering one of my first customers was Captain Wukei of the Midgard .

Bottom line , It isnt possible to actually associate yourself with the black markey . You can be associated with the guild , but for all legal and extastential purposes , the black market cannot and does not exist . ))

Hydrogelic
2006-10-11, 05:40 AM
* Hydrogelic starts to label a fresh rack of chemicals *

Antagonist
2006-10-11, 06:51 AM
((Sorry Hydro, you were offline when I wrote the original post))
Helwick walks in and wanders round, looking at things.

He stops by Hydrogelic and sees the chemicals

I would like to purchase these chemicals
and hands Hydro a note

Lythocin - 1 pound weight
Malcrecin - 1 pound weight
Amorphium Notain - 5 pounds weight
Berrlyion Yommain - 2 pounds weight

Hydrogelic
2006-10-11, 06:58 AM
I have plenty of Berrlyion Yommain and Amorphium Notain , I even have some Malcrecin here , but what in the blazes is Lythocin ?

* Hydrogelic rummages around *

Wait a sec

*Hydrogelic pulls out a musty bottle from under the table . It has warnings written on it in 12 different languages , as well as some rather nasty diagrams *

Is this what your looking for ? Since your a relatively new customer , i can start you up a tab , and you can pay me once you 'find' some arrant prac which you no londer require .

Antagonist
2006-10-11, 07:02 AM
((arrant prac?))

Helwick pulls a scorched coin purse out of his clothes
Those are just what I need, how much do you want for them?

Hydrogelic
2006-10-11, 07:06 AM
Twenty three silver , because i like you . You wont get better prices even if you go to the auction hosue and bid on the possesions of the late bent alchemist .

Antagonist
2006-10-11, 07:07 AM
Helwick takes out twenty three silver and hands them to Hydro

Thank you, do you have a container of some sort I can carry them in?

Hydrogelic
2006-10-11, 07:10 AM
* Hydrogelic takes out a purple bag of holding from under the counter and hands it to Antagonist *

You can borrow this , but make sure you return it before the end of the month ; otherwise the guild will be jumping down my throat about it .

Antagonist
2006-10-11, 07:12 AM
Thanks Helwick says, putting the bottles in the bag. I'll bring it back tomorrow

He leaves, purple bag swinging from his hand

Darius Midnite
2006-10-11, 07:23 AM
Darius gives the gnome a grin"Thank you very much. Say...could it be possible to borrow some alkymi equipment so that I can brew my poison right away?" Midnite says while taking forth the payment for the ingredients.

Hydrogelic
2006-10-11, 07:26 AM
* Hydrogelic unlocks the rightmost van with a twisted silver key *

You can use my personal apparatus if you like . My workbench is yours .

Darius Midnite
2006-10-11, 07:47 AM
"Splendid, thank you once again." Darius takes the ingredients and enters the van. He immediately begins brewing his poisons.

Hydrogelic
2006-10-11, 12:08 PM
*Pulls out a paint set , and starts working on a moonlit monochrome schene , oil on canvas *

((Now Open for buisness))

Antagonist
2006-10-12, 05:43 AM
Helwick pushes the door open and flips his hood up.

Walking over to the stand of chemicals he sees Hyrdogelic in the 'sleeping' position.

Hmmmm he says, walking round Hydro and checking him out with a professional eye I wish I knew why it did that to some people

He shrugs and puts the bag down on the shelf near Hydro and writes a short note

Thank you for the loan of the bag, it was very helpful
Helwick Grammodan

He leaves, catching his cloak edge on a sharp protrusion on the door.
Blast it he says, hearing the ripping sound Oh well, finding the mending spell will give me something to do while the herbs dry

Hydrogelic
2006-10-12, 05:47 AM
* Hydrogelic mutters something in his sleep *

Darius Midnite
2006-10-13, 03:13 AM
Darius opens the door to the van and leaves it. He has obsidian black bottle in his hand "Thank you for letting me use your van, Hydrogelic. I will return again for more ingredients someday..." With these words he vanishes through a shadow.

Lucky
2006-10-17, 05:23 PM
Traven walks in. Good, so my directions were correct. He looks around for anyone to serve him, deciding instead to come back later. He does however, leave a note saying: "Leave two vials of your most potent poison with Daggernose at The Black Dragons' Den, and I'll make it more than worth your while."

It is not signed.

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-17, 06:20 PM
Daedrous returns down the stairs, being wary at all times. "I believe I owe you a favor."

"Or perhaps it is time I bought something for myself."

He speaks with a darker voice then usual.

Lucky
2006-10-18, 04:45 PM
Traven appears again to check on the market, yet again he finds no one. He leaves in disgust.

((Do I need to take over this as well? :P))

Lucky
2006-10-28, 02:46 PM
Traven walks in with a note. He places it up against the wall and drives a knife intothe wall.

Mr. Darseth requests full control of this organization. You have one week to respond or it will be removed from you hands whether you wish it or not.
-Mr. Darseth.

McBish
2006-10-30, 10:45 AM
Lillah enters the black market and knocks on the door to one of the wagons. Getting no response she leaves a note.
'I have been directed here because I am in need of a certain substance. It is known as the Essence of Chaos among other names. I have limited funds at the moment but I'm sure we can come to some arrangement. My name is Lillah I am staying at the Temple of Inari's. I will return later.'
She then leaves.

The next day
Lillah returns and heads towards the wagons. She knocks loudly at the doors. Getting no response she leaves.

Lucky
2006-11-05, 03:11 PM
Traven steps inside and sees his note undisturbed. Very well then. He snaps his fingers and a couple dark figures step out of the shadows. Find a way to break all the charms here and set up your own. Consider this ours now.

Yes Mr. Darseth, it shall be done. A man known as Jane says.

Now, there is a shack in the woods that I requires my presence. He quickly departs.

Lucky
2006-11-05, 06:43 PM
Traven returns a while later, this time follow by someone else. Search everywhere, search for traps, wards, charms, anything.

Of course. The other man raises his hand in the air and says some magical words. He walks around the entire place, repeating the same process with a few different spells.

There are many traps and magic wards, but very few of them will impede our acquisition, and I can remove the ones that will with just a bit of time. Unless you are secretly a catgirl, then you might want to be careful.

Cat... girl? I choose not to ask. So nothing will impede our progress?

Not really.

... How has it remained intact this long? We'll need to fix that when we're done. I'll go find Jane and Roger.

Sure.

Stay here and do what you can, we'll be back with some added security. Traven leaves again.

Renrik
2006-11-05, 08:00 PM
Renrik enters, and purchases a large quantity of poison, some fine cloth, and false papers.

He leaves.

Lucky
2006-11-05, 08:00 PM
((Err... it's not exactly open...))

Renrik
2006-11-05, 08:11 PM
Oh.

Then Renrik uses his underworld contacts to obtain poison, fine cloth, and false papers.

He also calls in all of his loans and collects a massive amount of money.

None of which happens here, as it is.

Lucky
2006-11-05, 08:13 PM
((Better. :smalltongue: Give me a bit, soon after Soph gets back to me it'll open. Next time you need something it should definately be transfered.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 08:26 PM
(( Traven is knocking down the small businesses. Sheesh, if you hadn't just joined the mafia someone might have you whacked. ))

Lucky
2006-11-05, 10:29 PM
((Hey, both of them have much potential, just the people weren't posting enough for the business' good. Someone had to do it, I mean Hydrogelic hasn't posted since around the 14th of October.))

Jane and Roger return and hand the items to Finley. Finley then begins to mutter some more words as more wards and security pop up within the market. Good choice buys, these should keep it pretty safe. He continues to put up the rest of them.

Hydrogelic
2006-11-07, 12:48 AM
((I have My final Exams!!))

*Hydro crawls out from under the counter , and stands up shakilly , fumbling around for his glasses , and yawning .*

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-11-07, 01:11 PM
The Gnome finally walks back out next to Hydrogelic. "It seems the market has been seized without a fight. Shall we give them one?" He summons his familiar, an undead cat.

Lucky
2006-11-07, 07:16 PM
((Hmm... Well that is... unfortunate. :smalltongue: Lucky for you I want sleep, so you can have it without a fight. :smalltongue: ))

The wizard looks up and notices the two figures. What? You were supposed to be gone! What are you doing here? He scrambles around and grabs all the items, delibrately ending all the extra spells he cast before running towards the exit.

Hydrogelic
2006-11-07, 07:22 PM
((If I dissapear again , I have no quams about you doing some running , just please ask me first , via entropychild -at- gmail.com or any of my Instant messengers))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-09, 01:10 AM
((Ok. No one's on, and it is technically a shop. And it's not stealing if you pay for it.))
Destro walks in, and finds no one there. He leaves a bag of gold behind, with sufficient coin in it to pay for the Arsenic he just absconded with.

Hydrogelic
2006-11-09, 03:07 AM
* Hydro takes the bag of gold , and puts it with the others.

Ireth
2006-11-09, 11:37 AM
an elf in black-and-white dress cloths comes in, hazel hair and black eyes describing him perfectly. chewing on an unlike ciggaret, he browses the goods and is specificly looking for some nice cheap, and rare jewlery. if asked, he will reply with

i got me a woman i wish to woo, an' theres a need for a rare gift fer cheap if ye got one. but nothin' with no curse on it, kay?

Hydrogelic
2006-11-10, 12:50 AM
I have this Mystical pendant of Shinyness . One of a kind , and will only cost you one silver piece .

Hydrogelic
2006-11-27, 01:47 AM
I dont know which is worse , the getting taken over , or the week without any buisness .

Hydrogelic
2006-11-29, 01:56 AM
*Twiddles thumbs *

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-29, 02:01 AM
((*takes pity*))
The armoured man materialises just outside the place. He takes a few steps forward, nods, and blinks out of existence for a second. He then proceeds to walk up to whoever looks to be in charge. Hello. I'm.. ah... looking for something.

Hydrogelic
2006-11-29, 02:11 AM
What kind of 'Something' Can I tempt you with , we have all manner of things with an unmentionable nature .

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-29, 02:15 AM
It's a rather curious substance. Like a gel. Very cold. It has some rather... shall we say "interesting" uses, and I'd like to keep it quiet that I've bought some.

Hydrogelic
2006-11-29, 02:41 AM
Are we talking like a Vapor Rub ? Or more like frostwyrm Ambergris ?

I have a very well stocked Labaratory , and Im sure I can serve you to effect , both discreetely and quickly .

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-29, 02:44 AM
More like the frostwyrm stuff. People might get the wrong idea, you know, if I go around buying dangerous substances. This particular gel is highly toxic, but necessary for one of my projects.

Hydrogelic
2006-11-29, 02:52 AM
Hydrogelic opens the door to the third van and rummages through his posseions . A small wooden duck , a half empty bottle of 'coak' and a left cymbol are thrown out as he searches .

Hydro eventually returns holding a flask in a pair of wooden calipers .

"Does this look like the stuff?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-29, 02:52 AM
Yeah, that's it. How much? The man starts digging for coins in one of his belt pouches.

Wukei
2006-11-29, 02:57 AM
Wukei enters the blackmarket, backwards, whistling. She pulls in two heavily loaded bags with a grin and turns around to look at her surroundings.

Hydrogelic
2006-11-29, 02:59 AM
Id prefer payment in items that you might no longer need , or feel like removing from your person due to their incrimionationg nature .

If you still with to pay in cash through , I can go as low as 20 Silvers .

*Glances as Wukei , and her loaded sacks *

What might it be that you bring me this time ?

Wukei
2006-11-29, 03:02 AM
Wukei grins and motions to her bag on the left, Wholly unremarkable armors and weapons. She then motions to the one on the right, And ones of differing magic.

She grins slyly, All obtained legally, of course.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-29, 03:08 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have anything unneeded at this point in time. Here. The man counts out five gold pieces and places them on the counter. He then picks up the vial, looks from side to side and steps back, vanishing as he does so.

Hydrogelic
2006-11-29, 03:09 AM
Of course . Perish any thought otherwise :p

Differing magic you say though ? Sounds like a bag which is filled with vast and intruiging promises .

Hydro produces His personal money chest , it is carved out of darkwood , and is inlad with many small rubies , which are the eyes of the dragopns carved into it .

How much is your asking ?

^Many thanks , ((Do you have a customer card ?))

Wukei
2006-11-29, 03:11 AM
Wukei shrugs and smiles, Actually...just a couple of thousand gold in gems. And I'll have more for you soon. This is only the first batch that I could pull out while the rest of the world slept. I don't need any prying eyes, after all.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-29, 03:16 AM
((No, he doesn't. He prefers to remain anonymous though, considering he is named after another of my characters in a very complicated backstory that involves more than a few time travel paradoxes.))

Hydrogelic
2006-11-29, 03:18 AM
Hydro rotates the gem on the top of the chest , then unlocks it . Inside there are many bags , all of them black and heavy with chinking jewels . Hydro reaches in and selects the largest , which he then places on the counter .

Surely not , this looks like a fabulous haul ; and I will gladly recieve any more which you can ... Accuire for me :smallwink:

Wukei
2006-11-29, 03:23 AM
Wukei smiles and picks up the bag of loot and then pulls from her pocket a card with currently one stamp on it. It's such a pleasure doing business here. I've always loved 'no questions asked.'

Hydrogelic
2006-11-29, 03:30 AM
http://i13.tinypic.com/2q3oe1h.png

Here you go . Pleasure doing buisness .

Wukei
2006-11-29, 03:38 AM
Wukei winks, taking back the card. Thanks. I'll see you later. She turns and heads back the way she came.

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-12-04, 07:52 AM
The gnome is back. " Hello," he says " I don't belive there is much time left on my lease. I'd like to renew it. On to buisness. I'd like a keen, flaming scimitar, and and amulet of lycanthropic delay. NOT SILVER! You see," he checks that no one but his friend is there." a..a lady is coming to the Town, and I suspect her of being a werewolf. She's a practitioner of the Desert Wind fighting style, which favors fire and scimitars. Being Evil, I have a date tomorrow night. These are gifts."

androgial
2006-12-10, 02:20 AM
Yaltrik

a small kobold drifts in.
"why are these places so hard to find? now, where are the slavers?"

Gorbad the Limb Rippa
2007-01-02, 10:34 AM
Mourn

A large half orc in a dark cloak and hood skulks in with the ease of some one who knows their way around these types of places

"Where can I find some work around here?

Gorbad the Limb Rippa
2007-01-02, 12:59 PM
Mourn stomps out of the black market

Hydrogelic
2008-06-01, 09:39 PM
*Hydrogelic Opens for buisness*

Quinsar
2008-06-01, 09:41 PM
A man wearing a greenish robe, face covered with bandage enters, he holds a large brief case.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-01, 09:42 PM
"Can I help you there sir ?"

Quinsar
2008-06-01, 09:45 PM
The man Shoresh approcahes Hydrogelic.
I have an item I would like to trade...

Hydrogelic
2008-06-01, 09:48 PM
Hydrogelic picks up his eyeglass and glances at Shoresh with interest.

'What've you brought for me?'

Quinsar
2008-06-01, 09:52 PM
Shoresh places the large suitcase on the counter, and opens it. Inside is a very large fang.
I brought you the fang of a Tarrasque...

Hydrogelic
2008-06-01, 09:58 PM
Hydrogelic ezamanes the fang with his eyeglass. After a few seconds , he picks up anotehr larger eyeglass and looks at some more.

I've always wanted one of thesefor my collection; and it is such a fine specimin as well; What would you wask in return for such choice merchendice. I can pay you in any of nine currencies , or of course in gems, services or magic items.

Quinsar
2008-06-01, 10:05 PM
I'm looking for a weapon capable of removing a mans soul...

Hydrogelic
2008-06-01, 10:12 PM
Hydrogelic picks up a cherrywood box from under the counter and places it upon the benchtop , He opens it to reveal a gauntlet, spiked in every possible lovation a spike could be placed , and engraved with nightmaris etchings . Some of the eched lines glow an eerie blue color .

This is the gauntlet of the fallen one, Haladrael. It is capable of tearing a mans sould from his body.

I would appreciate if you sent any more merchandice of this sort my way, in turn. for which you'd also be well compensated. Buisness is buisness after all .

Quinsar
2008-06-01, 10:14 PM
Perfect... And I heard of a guild, what would I need to do to join it?
He picks up the gauntlet and puts it on.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-01, 10:22 PM
Keep up your reputation around here, and you'll likely be sent an invitation. We have to be sure that noone with lawful intent manages to get themselves in, otherwise this whole place could come crashing down like trogs tavern before it was fireproofed.

((OOC: I've lost the card template , i'll make a new one sometime soon))

Hydrogelic hands a card over

Preffered customer card, after the fourth transaction, generally you're considered trustworthy.

Quinsar
2008-06-01, 10:24 PM
Shoresh smiles, and, in a flash of light, turns into a Magpie.
Thanks for your help.
He picks the card up in his beak.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-01, 10:27 PM
Always a pleasure

Hydrogelic picks up a worn copy of 'Time enough for love' And starts reading while waiting for more customers.

Quinsar
2008-06-01, 10:27 PM
Shoresh flies out.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-02, 07:35 AM
Having finished reading 'Time enough for love' Hydrogelic starts on 'Glory road'

Dorgo
2008-06-02, 07:26 PM
Dorgo walks up to Hydrogelic. What weapons do you have?

Dorgo
2008-06-02, 07:32 PM
Dorgo turns away. You're not worth my time. ((Deadtime))

Lupy
2008-06-03, 08:33 PM
I man in an orange cloak who radiates a faint orange light enters, he approaches a table.I have an obsidian statuette (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#obsidianSteed) to sell, it becomes a fantastic mount. Anyone interested?

Hydrogelic
2008-06-03, 08:40 PM
I'll offer you a bag of gems, and a ring which slloes you to shadowjump ; unless you had something specific in mind as your price?

Lupy
2008-06-03, 08:43 PM
Do you have anything interesting ar far a weapons... or fire related items?

Hydrogelic
2008-06-03, 08:50 PM
I have here a pair of gauntlets I recoveted from an experemental fire mage. Gauntlets of the Pyrophile . They allow the wearer to hurl gouts of fire from their hands at will.

I also have a sword which upon striking enemies becomes hot enough to melt steel. Forged from a metiorite I'm told.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-03, 09:11 PM
How about this here , a rinng which allows you to call down the rays of the sun upon anything up to a hundred feet away and cause it to burst into flame . Good for fire ueses a day, and also has the added bonus of allowing you to teleport through fires up to 1600 feet away , similar to shadowjumping , but instead using fire as the focus .

Darius Midnite
2008-06-04, 10:22 AM
Eerie whispers echoes from the darkness that festers in the corners of the ruined observatory. A ghostly mumbling of horrid acts of death and blood. In the gloom two eyes appears, glowing with a faint silver-grey colour. Only the eyes can be seen, the face is shrouded in black shadow. "I see that you are still up and running..." Darius utters with a cold and hoarse voice, the words resonating in the old hall.

Lupy
2008-06-04, 03:09 PM
Deal, Hydro, I'll take the ring of suneams. Lupy hands Hydro the statuette and takes the ring.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-05, 10:07 PM
Eerie whispers echoes from the darkness that festers in the corners of the ruined observatory. A ghostly mumbling of horrid acts of death and blood. In the gloom two eyes appears, glowing with a faint silver-grey colour. Only the eyes can be seen, the face is shrouded in black shadow. "I see that you are still up and running..." Darius utters with a cold and hoarse voice, the words resonating in the old hall.

Darius you old dog! Nice to see a familliar lack of face. I'm still around , although I was dead for a year or so; Didn't like it. Was too much of a drag, so I'm back in buisness.

What can I get you? I've just got in a shipment of Genisis stones if you're in the market. I'll give you a downright steal on cocatrice feathers too , what've you got your eye out for today ?

Darius Midnite
2008-06-06, 12:09 PM
The slender drow steps forth from the darkness, it clings on to him like tendrils until finally letting go and fading back. He approaches Hydrogelic with a solemn look in his eyes, but tries to maintain a smirk. "Greetings old friend...I'm in need of various ingredients...though not to be used for poison this time." He grins slightly "Just to keep the beast sealed within, you see." He taps himself on the chest, where his heart would be. "Now before I continue with this order, know that the ingredients I will need are of a somewhat...sinister origin and some will maybe go against your morals and beliefs. But you aren't prejudiced about such artifacts, are you?" Darius looks at the halfling with a question on his face.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-06, 07:17 PM
I wouldnt stay in buisness long if I turned down jobs just because they involved rending the living flesh from the bones of the helpless and suchlike. Guild policy is that morals and ethics are significantly less important than customer satisfaction. That aside, you're a good customer, so I'd hardly turn down a job from you. What are you after? I've just had a shipment of new stock come in, so you might be in luck right off the bat, unless this is a special order?

Darius Midnite
2008-06-07, 03:42 PM
"Splendid." Darius says ominously. "First and foremost I will need the soul of an innocent or a celestial, I would normally go find one myself but I'm afraid I haven't got time for searching. The essence of their being will have to be trapped within a shade crystal, making the transfer easier. But if you have any other artifact with said soul in it, it will have to do..." He pauses, leaving a dead silence. "Also, on a side note, I will need to be spending the night here, with full access to your alchemical devices of course..."

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 05:05 PM
The door creeps open, silhouetting a cloaked figure. Two fingers reach up under his eyes, creating swirls of violet light in a ring around his irises. With a steady, experienced gaze, he examines the frame of the doorway. Eventually satisfied, he steps inside and closes the door behind him.

"Greetings. I have traveled far, and seek an item I believe I can find here." He steps forward, parting his cloak. His rugged leather boots and gloves betray a different lifestyle than casual observers would guess. His shabby black cloak also hides much finer lothes beneath. He sets a soft, leather pouch on a table. Opening the pouch, large oval coins made of solid gold and presumably ancient can be seen. As he holds it open, a smoke gray snake slithers out from his right sleeve.

"I also have the souls of many creatures, if those will suffice in trade. The item I am looking for is an urn containing the ashes of a Pharaoh, Khalif, from many thousands of years ago. If it doesn't lie here, I will buy black gemstones or crystals, especially if they come treated for souls already." Saying his piece, he takes a seat, his snake curling around his legs.

Darius Midnite
2008-06-07, 06:17 PM
Darius sizes up the stranger, his weary eyes dancing over the ragged cape and extravagant clothes, he notices the mans lack of weapons, but sees the age and wisdom in his eyes. The drow then averts his attention towards the mysterious snake slithering about its owners legs, wondering if it serves a purpose...his familiar perhaps? Could he be a spell-wielder? It would explain the fact that he did not posses a weapon.
After a short silence Darius spoke "I'm afraid you will have to wait your turn. First come first served..." He takes his eyes of the snake and looks at the stranger.

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 06:55 PM
Cantus bows, removing the eyes from the mysterious man's face. His eyes glow, detecting an aura of magic around the stranger.

"I apologize. Rudeness was not my intention, but I have traveled far and am quite new here. I fear what I look for may not be here. Perhaps you look for something that I can help you with?" He questions, throwing the other man a questioning glance. "Either way, believe me, I am agog with patience." He reaches down and grasps the snake, says a few words, and the creature shifts into a smoke gray cat, keeping it's eyes on the stranger. It purrs and rubs on Cantus' legs while he scratches it behind the ears.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-07, 08:56 PM
"Darius, recently there was an orphanige put to the torch by a less than pleasent fellow who had troubled me for some time. He trapped all the souls of the children who had burnt to death in his jewelled neck knife. I tracked the fellow down and set him on fore myself with a spell of everlasting flame and for all I know he's still on fire, I didn't let his posessions go to waste though."

Hydro places a curved knife on the counter, studded with black gems.

"Will this serve your purpose adequetely?

I have a few other artifacts that might assist if not, and of course you are always welcome to stay here and use my equipment. Only the best treatment for my favorite customers. If you'll excuse me for a second, I shall deal with this other chap while you inspect the goods."

Hydro walks over to a stack of crates and extricates one marked "CANOPTIC JARS"

"I recently got a shipment of grave goods in, won't be a minute."

Hydro tosses various urns over his soulder in searching, some of them breaking on the ground. At the sound of the first one cracking on the dirt, the dice golem rushes out of the caravan to try and catch them.

"Amenthotip"

*Crash*

"Trangadus the IV"

*Crash*

"Count Caligastro"

*Crash*

"Khalif"

A lucky save by the golem at this point prevnts the loss of a sale.

"Well, how about that, is this what you're looking for? No guarantee the label was on the right bottle, butit was in the box of thousand year old ruler grave goods, so It at least belongs to one of the bastards."

* Hydro tosses the jar to Levyathyn, the goes to the side of the nearest caraven, and pulls down a panel revealling a selection of drinks. *

Can I offer you something to drink Darius?

Anything for you Levyathyn?

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 09:58 PM
Examining the old jar, Cantus scours the urn and finds numerous magic wards.

"No thanks. Never been much of a drinker. Of course, if you had a rosecake..."

He gives the dirt on the ground one last, sad look. He sets the urn on the ground and traces his finger over the invisible runes backwards, the tip of his finger glowing a faint white. Opening the lid, he peers inside. The ashes, mixed with crushed gold, stir, as if by breeze. Closing the jar, he stands back and pulls a golden amulet from his left forearm. Holding it as if it repelling the jar, he chants softly under his breath. The urn rocks back and forth, jostling the lid. Nodding, he puts the relic away and sets the urn on a nearby table.

"How much?" He asks, staring at the odd conglomerate of polygons known as the Dice Golem. Purring, the gray cat still sits by his feet.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-07, 10:09 PM
Have you got any new books by any chance?

I'm pretty much out of reading material; If you've got anything good I'll even throw in this.

The golem runs off and fetches a a purple box from one of the vans. The label reads "Fresh elven rosecake : Guild Import".

If you've not got anything I'll settle for cash or gems, but seriously, I could do with some new literature.

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 10:27 PM
"Hmm." Cantus says, almost tasting the fresh crushed roses. He wonders if it's a black cake, and whether or not it still has the thorns, his favorite part. He thinks a moment, then nods to himself. He stands up and dusts his robe off before cracking his knuckles. He reaches down to pick up his cat, and with a word, it changes form again. The shape lengthens into an obsidian black staff, square and flared into diamonds at both ends, jawbone of an ancient and giant snake split between the two tips. He places the bottom on the ground and says a few words, the staff trailing a deep blue miasma. Without fanfare, a chest appears. Simple and beaten, the wood faded, it is nonetheless quite sturdy. Unlocking it with a touch from the staff, Cantus leaves the staff standing on it's own, still upright, and rummages around in it.

"Well, here we've got Catenae Aurea, book of binding. Mystic, Tactica Vol. III, Catering to the Spirits, On The Dead and Dying, the LaXarn version. Ahh, here we are. Of the Blue Field Maidens, books one through four." He finally pulls out four smallish works, each bound in blue leather. The bookmarks, faded, royal purple silk, hang from the spines. He looks at his host.

"Will these do? If you're looking for less color and more forbidden knowledge, I've got The Five Ramparts of Creation in here somewhere. Go ahead, take all five."

Hydrogelic
2008-06-07, 10:36 PM
A pleasure doing buisness with you.

Hydrogelic eyes the books with glee as the dice golem hands over the purple box of equisite dark rose cake.

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 10:43 PM
Cantus uses his staff to again make the chest disappear. Clearing his throat, he asks a final question.

"Do you know somewhere around here where, theoretically, a person could summon and bind the spirit of a forgotten mummy lord that will fight back to the full power of it's will without drawing negative attention?"

Hydrogelic
2008-06-07, 10:49 PM
I just got in a shipment of genisis stones. Use one of these darlings and it'll create you a pocket unverse which presents itself and as half a cubic mile of wondorous gardens. Use the stone agian to enter or exit toe pocket realm.

If that doesn't tickle your fancy, There's a large antechamber made of iron through the door hudden behind that fern over there. Your pick.

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 10:51 PM
"Are these 'Genesis stones' reusable?" He asks, ideas flitting behind his eyes.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-07, 10:56 PM
Entirely, these things will last forever, and the space will expand if you can find some way to reactivate the genisis spell used to make them.

I'm supruised they havent sold better so far.

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 11:00 PM
"Well. If it's a lush garden, as you say, I'll take one. Come to think of it, there might be a way to retool the environment inside. I'll take three. How much?" Cantus says, his excitement mounting. He made a mental note to do some checking on demiplanes, and readied his currency.

Hydrogelic
2008-06-07, 11:10 PM
Since you're the first to show interest, I'll throw them your way on the house; bring me some curiosities some time and we'll call it square.

Levyathyn
2008-06-07, 11:18 PM
"Well, thanks. I'll tell you what, have this. I lost need for it one I figured out you can't use it to travel through time. That doesn't mean it's not useful." He sets an hourglass on the counter, carefully. It's frame is crafted from solid electrum and trimmed in gold. The glass itself is made from sea crystal, one living crystal reef. Inside, time is kept with crushed diamonds.

"Shake it sometime, when you're bored." He says, with a smile. "It keeps track of one Stygian hour, which is about 6 days; almost a week." with a final nod, he pulls his hood on and walks out of the store, eyes once again flaring up to examine his path.

Darius Midnite
2008-06-08, 06:44 AM
With a gleam of curiosity in his eye, Darius picks the blade up and studies it. "Well, I have always fancied daggers." He spins the knife around his hand, checks its balance, ponders its origin, whispers to it..."This will do. Soon these lost souls will find a purpose beyond death." He sheaths the dagger in his belt. "As payment, I'm sure you will find this sufficient" Darius reaches for a dark pouch on his belt and pulls out a long slim chain with a cracked obsidian stone at the end, a faint dark-red glow shines ominously in its center. "The Wyrmshadow pendant. It is as much a payment as it is meant for you to protect and keep safe. It is a ancient relic hailing from Chaulssin, my home in the dark." Darius gazes upon it and drifts away in the memories and nightmares that once was his city. "Better you have it than me.." He places the sinister amulet on the table "But it is meant for you only. Take pride in owning it, not how much it's worth"

Hydrogelic
2008-06-08, 07:03 AM
I am honoured old freind, know that I shall protect this relic with all the cunning and guile I have to my name,

Hydrogelic places the stone in a small velvet pouch around his neck, which he slips inside his tunic.

You are always welcome here at the Journey's End.

Perhaps one day you might even Join me in the halls of the guild, but for now; My lab and equipment is yours.

Darius Midnite
2008-06-08, 08:46 AM
Darius gives Hydrogelic a slight nod and a smirk then turns towards the appointed wagon. "Never mind what you might hear this night..." With silent steps Darius walks to the lap and quietly closes the door...

Hydrogelic
2008-06-08, 08:55 AM
*Hydrogelic dons a pair of earmuffs with silver wings on them, then settles down to read his new books*

Darius Midnite
2008-06-08, 12:18 PM
Now and then, on through the night, glimpses of white light flashed from the windows, along with them came the wailing screams of what sounded like children. A cold darkness hung over the alchemy lap, sucking all light to it, only broken by the sudden flashes of eerie light. Poisonous fumes found their way through cracks and windows and arose to the high ceiling.
This seemed to go on for hours; the gloom never dispersing, the horrid cries never ending, the stench getting worse.

Then it all stopped. The darkness slowly faded out and only a dead and menacing silence prevailed.

---

The hushed atmosphere that haunted the Black Market in the aftermath were suddenly shattered as the the door to the Gypsy Wagon splintered in two and was sent flying through the air. "I'm afraid the souls where insufficient.." A raspy voice said coldly from within the wagon. A scaly, clawed hand gripped the door-frame, and slowly Darius emerged into the dim light. The pretty drow face was gone, instead replaced with features that of an dragon. Horns had sprouted from the back of his head and huge black, leathery wings were folded behind him. "Who would have thought that an orphaned child was impure in spirit. Should have settled with a celestial instead.." The grey half-dragon stood slender and tall, dark shadows dancing around him and white eyes shining through.

Hydrogelic
2009-02-05, 08:21 AM
* Hydrogelic Flips the closed sign to "OPEN" *

The sign also has an attachment with employment application forms , and requisition forms for when Hydro is out or asleep.

Hydrogelic then starts digging though his wares for something more suitable for the binding ritual, so as to be prepared if Darius returns sometime soon, and is perhaps in need of something stronger.