PDA

View Full Version : Need a phone

Shas aia Toriia
2010-11-22, 04:52 PM
And was wondering if anybody wants to help me pick one? I'm live in Canada and am with Roger, so my ideal choice of a Droid is, unfortunately, not an option.
As far as pricing goes, I guess whatever you think is the best phone, taking cost into consideration, since I don't know what kind of a budget I'm looking at yet.

Any takers? :smallsmile:

xPANCAKEx
2010-11-22, 07:58 PM
could by the handset on your own, then get your network to give you the sim. It costs more upfront, but your monthly lay out for your phone contract is a lot smaller

Don Julio Anejo
2010-11-22, 11:32 PM
What exactly are you looking from a phone other than "looks cool"?

Functionality wise iPhones and Blackberries are the best ones, just for different things. Droids can be bought on eBay. Trust me, buying anything from Rogers is like selling yourself into slavery.

thubby
2010-11-23, 01:08 AM
i will never understand the desire for these pocket computers.
mp3 player in there too makes sense, but i mean, web browsing? does anyone need to tweet that badly?

regardless, my brother swears by his iphone.

Koury
2010-11-23, 01:12 AM
I've not had a phone for about two years now and am thinking about getting one. I'll be following this thread.

Don Julio Anejo
2010-11-23, 02:24 AM
i will never understand the desire for these pocket computers.
mp3 player in there too makes sense, but i mean, web browsing? does anyone need to tweet that badly?

regardless, my brother swears by his iphone.
Web browsing on a phone is one of the most convenient things you can ever have. Look something up anywhere, anytime... Like a restaurant, a map, what time laser tag is open, etc. It's usually not about tweeting and facebook, although that is a part of the equation for a lot of people.

Also, "there's an app for that." Literally. I use about a dozen apps on a regular basis and a few of them are actually worth having a separate device for.

But it depends on what you're looking to get out of your phone. If you don't want a smartphone, you can buy pretty much any cheap phone. Want a keyboard for texting? Get a cheap Nokia or Blackberry. If you want a smartphone, there's really only two options. Don't buy expensive "fully-featured" Nokias, Motorolas (except Droid), Sony's, etc. They all suck.

Also, anything not Apple has really bad battery life (subjectively, most people get around ~3 days of battery life from iPhones and 1-1.5 from berries).

Shas aia Toriia
2010-11-23, 07:28 AM
As for what I'll be using the phone for, I was thinking about a smartphone, just because regular phones seem sort of boring and lack the options that the smartphone brings.

Is a Samsung Galaxy any good, do you know? :smallconfused: It certainly looks impressive.