PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern II (Mirror)



Pages : [1] 2 3

Mhina
2006-08-22, 01:58 AM
Through the looking glass there is another Trog's. *A darker Trog's. *Well, except for the corners: those are rather bright and rarely occupied.

http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/trogstavern.gif

Come and enjoy our unique adult beverages! Enjoy the casual atmosphere in our Casablanca meets rustic Asian facilities. Chat with friends out on the bamboo patio or stroll inside and grab a private, fern-surrounded booth. *Careful, the drinks aren't very good.



NOW HIRING: Bartenders, Cooks, Talented bards, Burly bouncers, etc.
(Hey bards: just take spotlight in the tavern's center and start singing!)

STAFF:
Manager: El Jaspero
Bouncers:
Bartender:
Cook:
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/npc_servers.gif

Trog would like to introduce:

Nina - *a sweet and wholesome girl working her way through college at SIU here in town.

Paige - a fiesty and vivacious 112 year old elf(she's legal). Mean and completely unavailable.

Cosmo - a happy gnome who's a bit slow

All will tolerate serving you. Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.

GET A FREE DRINK ON YOUR FIRST BARBARIAN POST HERE!

THE CURRENT DRINK MENU *
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - a hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry
Kobold Chianti - tart and tangy! Try it with fava beans!
Merfolk Merlot - Full bodied with a hint of rose
Purple Worm Pinot - Earthy aroma
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red
Xorn Zinfandel - sweet and fruity
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good
****ake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark
Cocktails:
Swampwater - A Phosphorescent lemon-lime delight
Jasphattan - Whiskey, sweet vermouth w/bitters & more
White Russian Wukei - Vodka, Kahlua, and Milk
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning
Mai Tai - Dark Rum and Pineapple juice.
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka,Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie
Coffee Martini - buzzzzz
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong
Ice Liqueur - Guarenteed to cool you down
Dwarf Spirits Available
Aboleth Absinthe
LEVEL UP LIQUEUR - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you...
Constitution Crushing Cocktail - Fort. DC 35 or Pass out!
Djinn & Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie
Beers & Ales & Such
Grim Brewery brand Ginger Beer - death-o-licious
Archon Ale
Guilders Ale
Balthor's Best Beer
Mind Flayer Mead - Uhh.. I wouldn't order this if you are not into brains and such.
Rum Llamonade Daquiri
Mudslide Daquiri
Other Fine Beverages
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
SLURPEES!
Root Beer
Red Minotaur Energy Drink
LLamonade - that cool, refreshing drink for quadrapeds.
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry koolaid) for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
To Munch
Hot Spicy Peanuts
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips with hot cheese and meat dip - soooo good.
Fortune Cookies - I got this deal with a local factory see...
Bamhacon!!!
Gyros
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta)
Who's Suprise
Deserts
Muffins
Brownies

Also: Fine Cigars Available from our humidor. Coffin Nail cigarettes.
Be sure to check out the excellent banjowood carving above the fireplace!

Mhina
2006-08-22, 02:05 AM
(^ obviously a copy of Vindematrix's first post...I'll update soon...which is why I'm double posting.)

Mhina sinks to the floor, ignoring the shards of mirror in her skin, clinging to the border of the now broken mirror, crying.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 02:06 AM
If Mirror Taklinn knew anything of sympathy, he'd go to Mhina's aid. He just sits at a random table however, and hums a tune under his breath.

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 06:08 AM
A red thing walks in through the door, turning sideways to get it's wings through.

((As it's 6:00am forum time, I'm going to assume the place is empty. I don't expect Mhina or Oskar to be around))

"Oh wow" it says, looking around "It's so weird"

It walks over to the bar and looks at the pumps
"Excellent, Archon's is still on tap. Pint please Cosmo"

"Right you are Sir" Cosmo says cheerfully "Bit quiet in here now, but it'll soon pick up, just don't say the L word"

"L word?" the red thing asks

"Opposite of quiet" Cosmo explains

The red thing blinks at him "Right" it says "No L word. I'm not even going to ask why"

"Best not to Sir" Cosmo tells it "Less chance of accidently saying it. Here's your drink"

The red thing takes the glass and passes Cosmo some coins. It leans against the bar and waits to see if anything will happen.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-08-22, 06:41 AM
(( ;)I believe you should be known as the blue thing...))

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 07:21 AM
((I've got a very specific idea for the red thing's mirror twin. *The red thing itself is developed off an NPC I once ran in a GURPS game, it's 'power' means I have to do something outside the norm for parrellel dimensions etc))

((I think Oskar's evil Zergling is actually blue. Having 2 blue things would be confusing))

Kyrian
2006-08-22, 08:55 AM
Kyrian vanishes.

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 08:56 AM
((Just go for what's on the opposite of the color circle. Only I'm not sure what's on the opposite of the color circle for red. Eh-hem.))

Chaotik and Lhawful are, as usual, bickering.

"...no, Double, I've no interest in helping you raise money for a Large Black Tower of Overwhelming Darkness."

"Hrmph. Those bastards are expensive these days, I'll have you know. No matter, I can do it on my own, but it means you'll have to eat beans for the next few months."

"Forsooth! Why me, though?"

"You're not as intelligent or important as I am."

"I am the handsome one amongst the pair of us, though."

"We look almost completely the same, Lhawful. It's just that you got more fresh air when you were young..."

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 09:08 AM
"Orange guy!" the red thing says, pleased to finally find somone "And a mirror twin?" it adds

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 09:14 AM
"Quite right. And a paladin, too. Indignity after indignity...At least, knowing my opposite is a paladin makes me feel better about myself."

"Forsooth."

"Do you even know what that word *means*?"

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 09:19 AM
"Doesn't having a paladin here mean you're an evil per-" the red thing stops midsentence as a thud from a corner table attracts it's attention. It looks over and see's a familiar shade of red.

"What?" it says as it gets up and walks over to the table. It bends down to look under.

"Orange guy" it says "Is this your idea of a joke?"

It stands up, holding a dead version of itself in one hand

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 09:22 AM
"I find it rather entertaining, yes, but I didn't think of it."

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 09:25 AM
"I thought everyone was supposed to have a copy" it says, shaking the corpse "Your copy is alive, why isn't mine?"

It gives the corpse another shake "Wake up you stupid thing. This is a mirror world, I have a reflection"

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 09:28 AM
"It may have died."

"Forsooth -- er, indeed, people sometimes do that."

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 09:35 AM
"Died!!" the red thing yells "What of?"

It shoves the body towards Chaotik "There's not a mark on it, I'm immune to normal poisons and diseases. And how the hell did it get HERE? It wasn't here two minutes ago, you arrive and it does"

The_Librarian
2006-08-22, 09:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/wickedweasley/AVVIEmirror.png

"Afternoon, all. How goes the day?" The knight (formerly the rogue) walks into the tavern, his green platemail clunking loudly and his black dragon's wings folded tight against it.

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 09:39 AM
"For all of my knowledge and other related grandeur, I am not omniscient and am unable to answer that question, Red One."

"He means to say 'I dunno'."

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 09:45 AM
With a roar, the red thing throws the body across the room and out of the open window. It stalks across to the bar and downs the rest of it's drink in one swallow

"Another" it says, then sees the newcomers

"One of the interchangable Libris' I presume" it says to the familiar looking knight

The_Librarian
2006-08-22, 09:56 AM
"Hullo Murkia," the knight says, helping himself to an ale. "Did I just see you throw yourself out of a window?"

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 10:10 AM
"Your guess is as good as mine" the red thing says "I've no idea what that was, but when I find out who did it.."

"Anyway" it says "Which Libris are you?"

The_Librarian
2006-08-22, 10:14 AM
"What sort of question's that?" the knight asks, looking disgusted. "I am this Libris, fool. Were I my sister, then I would be her, wouldn't I?" he adds sarcastically. "I've heard rumours of a mirror town to this one, where our opposites run amok and have been causing havoc for the priests of Inari. I like them already," he adds with a grin.

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 10:23 AM
"I'm having difficulty finding out how 'opposite' things are. You could be the opposite to my female Libris, you're male so that's an obvious one. But orange guy's opposite is the same gender so that's not opposite. MY opposite is a dead body, so that's about as opposite as you can get"

The_Librarian
2006-08-22, 10:26 AM
The knight draws his sword in a flash.

"Then you are another of the intruders to this place," he growls. "Why bring your suffering to us, devil?"

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 10:27 AM
"Oh, not another foolish tin-can." , Chaotik exclaims loudly.

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 10:28 AM
"Who's suffering?" the red thing asks "I'm shocked off as I was hoping to find a double with information, if that counts, then my suffering will leave with me"

It drinks some Ale, while waiting for the sword to be put away

The_Librarian
2006-08-22, 10:31 AM
"We've heard the tales, devil," the knight snarls. "Of foul beings from the mirror town coming to this place and slaying our people, defiling our sacred temples, ruining our sacred rites... although all of this has been at Inari's," he adds, sheathing his sword. "And Bahamutte knows I would like nothing more than to put that vile witch to my sword."

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 10:35 AM
"hmmm" the red thing says "Where I come from, well sort of, Inari is a god of Good. I can only assume her followers have been putting the boot in to this version"

It drinks some more Ale

"Can we expect the favour to be returned or are your lot less impulsive than ours?"

((I'm doing you a HUGE diservice here Fenric, Lykan, Minha. Mainly because the red thing knows nothing about your adventures. Please don't take this as anything other than an uniformed mistake))

The_Librarian
2006-08-22, 10:40 AM
"I see no reason to investigate an impure reality," the rogue snarls. "This is real. You are the intruders here. I would smash that mirror if the laws allowed it."

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 10:42 AM
"You might find that more difficult than you expect" the red thing says, looking at the mirror "Our version proved surprisingly resilient, although if it's opposite as well, it should break if somone sneezes loudly"

It finishes it's drink
"What are you having?" it asks, waving the empty glass to attract Cosmo

Graklok
2006-08-22, 10:47 AM
Kolkarg walks into the bar. Seeing the people he shakes his head. He walks up to the counter. "Cosmos, get me a Catoblepas Sauvingnon and be quick about it" he says snappily.

The_Librarian
2006-08-22, 10:47 AM
"I do not drink that which a devil has provided," the knight says darkly. "Bahamutte... would not approve." He pales and looks concerned briefly, but it passes and he continues to drink his ale.

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 10:50 AM
The red thing shrugs "Fair enough" it says "You're not the first to have that attitude"

"Another Archon here Cosmo"

"So, what's happening around here? Apart from rampaging copies. Is the police station up and running?"

Graklok
2006-08-22, 10:53 AM
Kolkarg turns around with interest upon hearing red things question. "Surely you jest, why would the police want to run around publically? Wouldn't they be more prudent to stay hidden in the shadows?" he asks, sipping his wine.

The_Librarian
2006-08-22, 10:56 AM
"I have never had any reason to deal with the lawkeepers of this place. I abide by the laws, and carry out the commands of my god, that is all." The door to the tavern opens and Greeny walks into the tavern, sniffing around hungrily at the smell of spilt blood. He sees the knight and snarls.

"Your sister wishes to speak with you-" He yelps suddenly in pain and for a moment, the magical image of a heavy chain appears around the wolf's neck. "Now."

"I will not be ordered around by a beast," the knight says. "Tell her I'll return when I feel like it."

Greeny yelps again as the chain is tugged hard once more. He glares at the knight.

"As you wish..." he growls, and slinks out of the tavern again.

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 11:04 AM
"Just wondering" the red thing says to mirror Graklok "Back on my plane I'm one of them, although as opposites I would expect them to be more prominent. It think the term 'prism' would be more appropriate than mirror"

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 11:05 AM
"Hrm. Lhawful..taking the valuables of Evil People and using them for beneficial to yourself purposes is practically Good, right?"

"Forsooth, indeed! Why do ye ask?"

"Because there's a temple here in town with some valuables in it and I happen to know it's also suffering a power vacuum right now..."

"I know the one ye speak of. Shall we be going, then?"

"Yes, let's."

The two head for the Temple of Inari.

Mhina
2006-08-22, 11:10 AM
Mhina, still dressed as the Mhina of this world, wakes from where she was hiding under a table and crawls out.

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 11:13 AM
The red thing looks at Mhina as she appears, it bares it's teeth slightly

Even in mirror world they still sleep on the floor of Trog's

It sips it's drink and checks the clock

Mhina
2006-08-22, 11:17 AM
Mhina plucks another piece of mirror from her arm and noticing Murky's gaze she pulls down on the short skirt, trying to cover herself up a bit more. (I really need to draw her like this...)

Graklok
2006-08-22, 11:20 AM
"I guess that depends on the interpitation of mirror" says Kolkarg."For example, if everything was truly opposite, then why aren't our opposites creature with the skin on the inside while the rest of their organs remained exposed? Or.."he says with a grin" why don't they simply commit suicide as soon as they are able too, as everyone here has the will to live, wouldn't they then have the will to die?". He take another sip of his wine.

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 11:21 AM
"Are you alright?" the red thing asks Mhina, somewhat redundantly as she's obviously pulling bits of glass out of her flesh

It turns to mirror graklok "That's a very good point" it admits "Although I am confused as to why the mirror effect is more pronounced for some people than others"

The_Librarian
2006-08-22, 11:23 AM
The knight glances down at Mhina in surprise.

"You're hurt," he comments. "Even after your noisiest sessions with Lykan, I have not seen you like this."

Mhina
2006-08-22, 11:24 AM
(Gezina has the will to die...and commits suicide quite frequently.)

Mhina smiles rather pathetically at Murky. *I don't have enough dress to tear to cover the wounds. *And I can't go home...I don't know how.

Mhina shivers as the knight comments. I am NOT the Mhina of this world!

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 11:26 AM
"Home?" the red thing asks Mhina "Are you form this plane or the Town where Inari is a good god? *If it's the first, I probably can't help you. *If it's the second though, I must go soon and you're welcome to accompany me, as long as you aren't afraid of the dark" it looks at her again "or the cold"

"Ah" it says, hearing her comment to the Knight. It finishes it's drink and walks over to the mirror "I'd be remiss in my duty as an officer if I left you stuck here"

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:26 AM
Mirror Taklinn, still utterly confused at the mirror-world-thing, simply ignores Mhina expecting it to be Dark Mhina fishing for another random victim. His eyes narrow at her last comment. Damn magic... it's doomed us all by connecting these two places.

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 11:30 AM
Chaotik and Lhawful come running in loudly. Chaotik's clothing shows scorch marks.

"Indignity after indignity." , Chaotik states loudly.

"I swear, if I find him I shall tie him down to a wooden pole with a lot of sharp yet rusty spikes on it, smear honey over his shoulderblades and set loose fire ants on them, while at the same time smearing his feet with salt and unleashing a goat upon them! And then...and then...hmm."

"Forsooth, ye are Evil, Chaotik."

"Don't forget it."

Mhina
2006-08-22, 11:33 AM
Mhina turns and smiles at the red thing. You're sweet...if only because it's your duty. I'm not scared of the dark, and I was recently in the plane of ice...so cold doesn't bother me. I just want to get home to Lykan.

Graklok
2006-08-22, 11:34 AM
"Again, I say it is left to the interpitation of the creaters of such worlds. Why I only hope they have favored my twin with such grace, intelligence, and dignity myself, though his allignment may be questionable. I'm certain that I shall not find him too far off from this concept." Kolkarg responds. Finishing his wine. "I'm intrigued by this connection between the worlds, and you say you traveled from there, may I ask as to how you were able to make such a journey?" he asks Red Thing.

Murky_Pool
2006-08-22, 11:36 AM
"Something in the Temple take a dislike to you?" the red thing asks Chaotik

It see's Mhina's indecision and walks round her, muttering and making strange hand gestures, Mhina can feel a strangely empty chill
"Close your eyes, hold your breath and step through the mirror" it tells her "You'll end up back in normal Trog's"

It walks over to the mirror and makes a gesture, the surface of the mirror darkens for second and it steps through, anyone listening can hear the word SHOCK float out of the mirror

((Sorry Mhina, I'm finding the site really slow, so I missed your post. Work's over so I have to leave anyway. Welcome back to real Town (tm) ))

Mhina
2006-08-22, 11:37 AM
Mhina bites her lower lip but figures it can't be as bad as this place and follows the red thing.

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 11:40 AM
The pair are now seated at a table.

"And THEN, I'll cut off his right arm and use it to beat him with!"

"...I'm not listening to this..."

"Then, I'll make him eat it!"

"...happy place. I'm in my happy place..."

"It gets better! I think I'll set it on fire beforehand, and THEN, I'm going to put my Wand of Lightning in his NOSE and set it off!"

"...there is no passion, there is peace..."

Graklok
2006-08-22, 11:44 AM
"Ah, so that's how..."Kolkarg smiles wickedly, then heads over to the mirror and walks through.

(edit: V Just copying movements is all....are you telling my character what he can or can't do?)

Mhina
2006-08-22, 11:45 AM
(Yea, but it only would work for Mhina, if you read his post ^.~ He did something special to her.)

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 11:46 AM
Mirror Taklinn goes over and picks up the dagger he'd used to try to kill Mirror Oskar with. It appears it did indeed have blood on it. He wipes off a little bit of it with his finger and licks what remains on the blade....

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 11:46 AM
((That can be interpreted in multiple ways.))

Deadly
2006-08-22, 11:49 AM
Mirror Arslan walks in and looks around, a number of mindless slaves following him, and a few hundred more waiting out on the streets. I'm looking for someone named Ilias. I know he have recently been to this place.

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 11:51 AM
"He is not here. However, I am looking for him as well. If your reasons for seeking him are the same - by which I mean, related to bringing him death and pain - then mayhap we can combine our efforts."

Deadly
2006-08-22, 11:54 AM
I have nothing to gain from killing people. I am here to bring him back. He was my slave once, the only one who have ever escaped my grasp. I will not accept such an insult to my power, he must be brought back!

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 11:56 AM
"Well, he attempted to set me on fire on several occasions and ADDITIONALLY refused to die on those same occasions. Therefore his death would be pleasing, though intense pain an acceptable substitute. Mayhap he has gone to the dimension this is an alternate of."

Deadly
2006-08-22, 11:58 AM
Arslan nods That is a possibility that I must consider. If you see him, call me. he says and throws a small dark stone in the direction of Chaotik before turning around and disappearing.

Aikifox
2006-08-22, 11:59 AM
[chaotik? Were you trying to recite a part of the jedi code five posts back?]

Alraune and Aikidu walk into the bar, smirking quietly as though over an inside joke. The two sit down away from everybody and talk quietly about something or another.

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-22, 12:26 PM
((Part of Lhawful's 'ignore-the-psychotic-double' tactic. I figure it works just as well for paladins.))

"Lhawful, my double."

"Hrm? Whozzere?"

"What would you say about coming with me to my world which is somewhat reminiscent of this one?"

"Does it have Evil in it?"

"Plenty."

"Forsooth, I sense a noble quest is in the making."

"I thought I told you to stop using that word. Let me just try to remember the right spell...ah, yesss."

Chaotik and Lhawful walk over to the mirror and Chaotik casts a spell. Just as he finishes the words, the pair of them are sucked into it.

Aikifox
2006-08-22, 12:28 PM
[I think you messed up :P "There is no passion, there is serenity". Nice try though :P]

Alraune and aikidu glance over at the Paladin and grumble quietly in contempt, however they say nothing to provoke the "knight".

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 12:28 PM
Mirror Taklinn shouts after Lhawful and Chaotik; Evil? I resent that!

Daedrous Avari
2006-08-22, 07:13 PM
((*heals the thread before it passes away into the second page))

CockroachTeaParty
2006-08-22, 07:24 PM
The door to the mirror tavern bursts open as a large cube of ice slides into the room. There is a man inside the ice. His face is contorted with pain. He is not on fire. The block of ice slides through the mirror...

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-22, 08:05 PM
Mirror Taklinn grins at the frozen man. Dude, get rid of that expression. Just chill out.

Murky_Pool
2006-08-23, 05:04 AM
((200 pun damage for YOU, that was pure cheevil))

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-08-23, 05:39 AM
((The pun is mighter than the sword. Also puns are their own reword. ))

Murky_Pool
2006-08-23, 08:05 AM
The red thing flys in and starts opening cupboards, on the third one a dead copy falls out

"Right" it says "Now that's done, I'll take an Archon Ale in a carry out pack Cosmo"

Cosmo hands the red thing a covered tankard.

Holding the tankar in one hand, it makes a strange gesture with the other and steps through the mirror

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 01:49 PM
Pandaren(not the mirror one) walks in the tavern

Any body seen my mirror opposite

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 01:52 PM
Mirror Taklinn snorts. Why would you want anything to do with that mirror world? They think they're better than us, and they're dead wrong. I want to wring all their filthy little necks!

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 01:54 PM
Fine whatever, but do you know anybody that has information here asks Pandaren

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 01:57 PM
Nope. No one comes here anymore. Ever. Not since Fenric died. He remembers the days when Fenric would let him watch sacrifices...

Flabbicus
2006-08-23, 01:59 PM
Kilir walks into the bar but yet again dodges it because of his ridiculously high dexterity.

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 01:59 PM
Somebody I know has been taken by his and my mirroroposites, so I need answers, its not gonna be long before I start wringing necks

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 02:00 PM
I'd like to see a stupid panda try to kill me.

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 02:02 PM
Ha, a stupid panda, is that really what you think
Pandaren steps closer

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 02:02 PM
He cracks is knuckles calmly. Yup.

Flabbicus
2006-08-23, 02:03 PM
Kilir watches calmly.

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 02:05 PM
We could settle this right here right now or...... Pandaren pulls out a bag of coins from his pocket ,......You could tell me what I need to know.
Pandaren raises his eyebrow waiting for response

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 02:07 PM
Mirror Taklinn eyes the money. I might be convinced...

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 02:08 PM
Name your price, or should I name it for you??

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 02:09 PM
How much ya got right there? He gestures at the bag.

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 02:12 PM
One hundred (its a miniature bag of holding) Minted Draconic platinum coins, plus a "little" bit of "toys" thrown in.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 02:13 PM
Whaddayawanna know?

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 02:15 PM
My mirror opposite, seen her? Where? When? Does she have Blue? And Do you know what she's planning.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 02:16 PM
Sadly, none of that. I know how to get to the other world, though. If that helps.

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 02:17 PM
"I thought this was the other world, or is there a third?"

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 02:19 PM
Hell no. This is the other world to outsiders like you. To us, it's home. A hellhole of a home, but a home nontheless.

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 02:21 PM
"Ok I understand that but do you know anything about my other my or my regular me to you, and female Panda humanoids anywhere, anybody who knows these things?"

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 02:23 PM
Mirror Taklinn says something extremely quiet about female pandaren humanoids.

No I dont, I havent, and I dont.

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 02:25 PM
He mutters a curse
"I'm nowhere closer, can you at least give me a map of this place?"

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 02:26 PM
Well since you're from the Other Town, it should be exactly the opposite. Sneaks is west instead of east, Trogs is east instead of west, etcetera. Follow the signs.

Pandaren
2006-08-23, 02:30 PM
*mutter more curses to himself*
"Why is everything so difficult, *sigh* I'm off to find myself"
Pandaren walks out the door and to the street

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-23, 05:05 PM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/58/mirrorzw8.gif

A medium-sized gate appears in the tavern, and a warforged steps through, followed by a weasel. One of the warforged's hands has been replaced with a Decanter of Endless Water. The gate closes immedietaly after they are through.

This appears to be the correct location...
The warforged looks around, and proclaims loudly: I have been sent to this dimension to assist in the extinguishing of fires. Does anyone have a fire to report?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 05:06 PM
Yeah. My mind is burning with stupidity after hearing that. Mirror Taklinn looks smug.

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-23, 05:11 PM
Your mind is on fire? It should be extinguished quickly, before it sustains too much damage!
The warforged aims its Decanter hand at Mirror Taklinn, then hesitates.
...how does one extinguish a mind fire?


((he's got a weasel because his mirror self is living with a construct NPC))

Flabbicus
2006-08-23, 05:12 PM
(( Why's he have a weasel? ))

Kilir looks curiously at the warforged and weasel.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 05:12 PM
By the gods, he's falling for it... I know how, you give the person lots of money. Then the fire goes away and never comes back.

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-23, 05:15 PM
I was not issued with money at the Forge when I was created. I shall have to indicate this shortcoming in my initial report. Who knows how many people have died because we were unable to put out a burning mind...

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 05:17 PM
Mirror Taklinn looks very serious and grim all of a sudden. Yes, get on it. Tell them give at least fifty gold pieces to every person with a burning mind. Hurry before I die!

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-23, 05:26 PM
The warforged begins an arcane chant, his eyes glowing with energy. At the conclusion of the chant, his eyes remain glowing, and he doesn't seem to be aware of his surroundings anymore. The weasel curls up around one of his feet, and starts to snore.

((Getting ready to take off for class, be back in ~4 hours))

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 08:59 PM
Thes wakes up as if from a trance. She notices that Kezo has now slipped out. She gracefully stands and walks over to the bar. She flirts with Cosmo as she orders a slurpee. She acts as if she doesn't know what one is, in order to get Cosmo engaged in the conversation, and then squeals with girlish glee when she takes her first sip of the icey concoction.

She is more than willing to make conversation with any of the bar's patrons.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 09:02 PM
Mirror Taklinn eyes Thes, but grumbles about something and turns away.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 09:05 PM
Thes smiles one of her legendary smiles. It makes her already beautiful face sparkle. With her high charisma she isn't used to people turning away from her.

So she walks over to Taklinn, her long and ornate skirt swishing behind her, and says in a friendly voice "Hello there. My name is Thes, it is a pleasure to meet you." She holds her hand out as if she expects it to be kissed.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 09:06 PM
Mirror Taklinn gives her an odd look and shakes her hand. Taklinn.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 09:10 PM
"Now please, do tell me about yourself. Where are you from, and what not."

She looks him in the eyes, regards him for a moment, and then smiles broadly at him.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 09:11 PM
Mirror Taklinn thinks for a moment. Should he tell the truth, spin a lie for his own gain, try to murder her and drink her tasty blood?

Do you know about the Mirror Town?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 09:21 PM
Thes with ranks upon ranks of Sense motive, Thes gets sense of Taklinn's inner turmoil, and seems to smile all the broader because of it.

"Mirror Town? No, I don't quite know what you speak of. I just encountered this place on my travels, to ... other... places".

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 09:24 PM
Mirror Taklinn, with ranks upon ranks of Bluff, decides to go further.

Ah, see, theres a Town just like this one, but everyone and thing is opposite. I have a double who is really evil here, and I got trapped in this dimension... I need a teleport to my home. The other Town. I think all you do is cast something on a mirror and you can go through... I think... He does his best to look troubled.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 09:35 PM
"Interesting." Thes rest her chin on her daintly long fingered hand, and considers this for a moment.

"So what sort of spell would need to be cast on that mirror, and you say it goes to another town the exact oppisite of this one?"

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 09:36 PM
Yup. At home, all of my friends are nice... but here, they hate me and try to murder me in my sleep.

I think its teleport or something. I'm no spellcaster.

Mirror Taklinn gives a slightly sad look and looks at the wall opposite him.

Aikifox
2006-08-23, 09:39 PM
Alraune and AIkidu wander in, grinning quietly. They see Taklinn and chuckle mockingly at him before they find a spot in the tavern to sit and talk.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 09:57 PM
So... can you help me get back home, Thes?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 10:08 PM
(( Crap, now you're telling me I actually have to pick Thes' spell list? ))

"I might be able to work something out." She grins a grin full of teeth... and completely sacchrin in quality.

"But I don't know... It can be such a strain... She gives him a look that basically says 'Well......'

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 10:10 PM
((No, just simply asking if you actually have teleport or know someone who does.))

If you want anything in return I'd be happy to pay. I have a good 100gp on me, and a magic item or two. He takes a tiny glass figure of a dwarf with a battleaxe out of his belt pouch and puts it on the table.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 10:12 PM
Thes looks at the glass dwarf quizically, she even casts detect magic and all those other sorts of diagnostic tools, but doesn't pony up the 100 gp pearl for the Identify spell.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 10:14 PM
The dwarf figurine comes up magical on the Detect Magic screening.

I think it lights up or something with a command word... I havent figured it out yet.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 10:16 PM
"Oh is that all? I was somewhat hoping that maybe a dwarfs soul had been bound inside and he could be animated on command to do your bidding. Most unfortunate. Is this all you have to offer?" Her tone is friendly and oozes like molasses. Her smile is alluring and enticing.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 10:18 PM
Mirror Taklinn does his best not to succumb to her insanely high Charisma score.

Eh, what do I know? That soul entrapped thing would be kind of useful though.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 10:22 PM
"But not the nicest thing to do to a person, no? But yes, it would be useful indeed." The sacchrin grin is back again. Her crystal hair simmers in the torch light, and her plunging neckline, only seems to plunge past her belly button.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 10:27 PM
So... I take it thats a 'no, I cant help'?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 10:37 PM
"Maybe..." Thes just continues to look into Tilrinn's eyes and smiles.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 10:38 PM
If Mirror Taklinn wasnt trying to lie, he'd have purposefully fallen for her gaze a while ago. Maybe? So there's a chance?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 10:46 PM
"Perhaps....... I am nice, and I have been known to grant favors.... once in a while......" The tone is as sweet as splenda, which is 50 times sweeter than normal sugar.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 10:48 PM
Mirror Taklinn knows what Thes is hinting at, but he forces himself to resist the urge. He had to keep this act up. The act of a civilized, good aligned person. He hated every moment of it.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 10:51 PM
(( Offering to pay for services doesn't make you evil. It's what you services you ask for, and what you offer to pay with that is evil. *grins* and anyone with a bit of sense motive will know that she is basically asking you to make an offer.))

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 10:54 PM
((Right, right. He's neutral evil, and will barely roll out of bed without being paid for it in some way. He's trying to act as nice, civilized, and pleasant as he can to buy a portal. And he's just met her.))

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 10:56 PM
(( *shrug* Have it your way. ;) Thes basically has not much else to say to you.))

Thes continues to smile and watch Taklinn.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 11:00 PM
Mirror Taklinn sighs. So... what payment would you require, then?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 11:12 PM
Thes gasps in mock indignation. "Payment?! What ever could I ask for, in return for such a service?" She fans herself, and looks all flustered.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 11:13 PM
Well, first you say that it's a "maybe", and that you sometimes feel "generous", yet you haven't actually said whether you'd do it or not. In my experience, thats how it works. If they keep saying maybe, they require payment.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 11:16 PM
"Perhaps." Her smile has taken on some dangerous qualities.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 11:17 PM
Mirror Taklinn tries not to grin. So what payment do you require to summon a portal to the Other Town?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 11:22 PM
Thes just merely shrugs, and looks away. Placing her hand daintly just over her nose.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 11:26 PM
Does that mean you'll do it for free?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 11:32 PM
Thes looks back at Taklinn, the sacchrin smile once again on her lips. "You're the one who needs something... Quite a bit it seems." She rests her arms on the table, the gemstones in her dress' cuffs glittering. She folds her hands infront of her, and then rests her ching upon them. Smiles and staring deeply into Taklinn's eyes.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 11:33 PM
Alright. So does this mea- wait, what?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 11:47 PM
Her smile is gone... Thes really hates having to be direct, it's really not her style. "You want it, and it appears that you want it very badly. So it must be worth something to you..... something quite precious." She smiles again.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-23, 11:49 PM
Yes, I want to go home. Damn... I almost snapped...

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 12:12 AM
"Home... it's soo nice to go home. To those familiar pleasures and to reconnect and finish old business.... or perhaps to start some new business. Many reasons to go home." Thes clicks her tongue a couple times. "This does nothing to convine me that you have some burning desire to go. Actually... This does quite a bit to convince how desperate you are to go." Like a poison arrow frogs brilliant color shows how deadly their venom is, Thes' smile is just as sweet, and dripping.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 12:13 AM
Erm, yeah... I want to actually have friends again.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 12:19 AM
Thes just continues to smile.

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-24, 12:20 AM
The warforged suddenly breaks from his trance. Looking about for his weasel, he finds it wrapped around his foot. After carefully waking it up, he begins to recite to it a string of apparent babble in a measured monotone. At the same time, his hand works on unlatching an incredibly elaborate locking mechanism on his chest. Once the babble has finished and the lock disengaged, the weasel clambers up the warforged's leg and enters the now-open chest cavity, and the warforged goes inert, arms hanging loosely at its sides. Various sounds emerge from the cavity, along with a few flashes of light.

((a psicrystal is a solidified chunk of a Psion's personality, and the weasel is capable of 'reprogramming' the warforged's personality. Bit of a weak mirror, but its the best I could think of, and it also helps get around the hopelessly stupid behavior, as I couldn't think of a good way to keep the whole mind blazing thing going without my mirror getting a 'clue'.))

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 12:22 AM
Buggerbuggerbuggerbuggerbugger... So... will you help me get home?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 12:23 AM
Thes watches the warforge with interest, for a bit after Taklinn requests her assistance.

"This does seem quite costly too you, don't you think." While speaking, she doesn't take her eyes off the wareforged.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 12:25 AM
All I want is a definite, clear answer: Will you help me teleport to my home dimension, and if so, will it cost anything?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 12:51 AM
"I am sure there is something I can do for you... and there is always a cost. Whether you decide to wear green instead of red on day, it will still cost you something. Maybe because you are wearing green the chariot doesn't see you there on the side of the road and tramples you mercilessly. However, if you had worn red, you would have been fine. So no matter what, every choice comes with a price."

Sits back and smiles, her arms crossed against her rather voluptuous chest.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 12:55 AM
Alright. When can you help? I'm rather anxious to get back...

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 12:58 AM
"Depends on when you can pay." Thes says with her signature sacchrine grin.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 12:59 AM
I'll only be able to pay when I know what the price is.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 01:18 AM
"You set your own price. We have already established that it's worth quite a lot to you to go home, and the quicker the better as well."

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 01:18 AM
Mirror Destro falls through the mirror from Inari's. Without looking at anything he walks out of the tavern.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 01:19 AM
Stop speaking in riddles, this has been stretched far longer than it needed to be.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 01:24 AM
Thes chuckles, a deep baritone chuckle. The with a sound richer and deeper than her normal voice would belay.

"Only as long as you stretch it out to be my young friend."

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 01:27 AM
Alright. I've been asking the same two questions over and over again for hours and getting cryptic answers every time. This isnt worth the effort... give it up...

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-24, 01:27 AM
The weasel's efforts continue for a short while, then the warforged reactivates and looks around, as the weasel climbs back out of the chest cavity. The warforged begins to reclose its chest, performing the exact same actions that it made to open it, only reversed. Spotting Taklinn, he turns to face him and speaks, with a distinctly different voice.

The Interplanar Collective for the Prompt Extinguishing of Fires would like to thank you for your assistance in improving our B.F.E.W. line of creations. Should you find yourself at our main production facility, mention this message and you will recieve a free gift. We must also ask that you refrain from attempting to manipulate our creations to your personal benefit, or we will be forced to take action against you.

At the conclusion of the message, he seems to snap back into proper awareness of the world. Already facing Taklinn, he speaks, this time in his normal voice. Do you have any real fires to report?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 01:29 AM
Mirror Taklinn grins at the warforged. If your 'machine' was programmed better, it would have understood a figure of speech instead of taking all things said literally.

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-24, 01:32 AM
That fallacy in my programming has been corrected. It will also be automatically added to all future B.F.E.W.s, and those that are already in service will recieve the correction following their next report.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 01:34 AM
Mirror Taklinn tips an imaginary hat, while smiling. Glad to be of assisence.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 01:39 AM
Thes shrugs nonchalantly. It really is Talkinn's loss. She isn't going to name the price for him... only he can decide what it's worth to him.

She sidles over to the bar, and refreshes her Slurpee, all the while flirting with Cosmo.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 01:47 AM
Yup... get more ranks in Bluff and Diplomacy next level.

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-24, 01:51 AM
Seeing that the current patrons apparently have no fires to report, the warforged moves towards the door, closely followed by his weasel.

Pandaren
2006-08-24, 11:43 AM
You hear a large explosion outside as windows on the left side of the tavern shatter and fire spreads.

Pandaren
2006-08-24, 01:43 PM
Pandaren dives in, his clothes cut and tattered, suffering many fire wounds. He jumps through a mirror into the world through it.


Another Panda, only a girl follows after him and jumps in the mirror too.

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-24, 01:50 PM
A geyser of water shoots through the entrance, followed by the warforged. He looks about for the panda creatures, repeating what he yelled before they entered.
THIS BUILDING IS CURRENTLY UNSAFE TO BE IN! IT IS ADVISED THAT YOU EVACUATE THE AREA BEFORE YOU GET HURT!

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 01:52 PM
Mirror Taklinn picks at his fingernails idly. Eh, whaddaya gonna do?

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 01:53 PM
Kilir smirks and crawls up to the rafters.

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-24, 01:56 PM
The warforged continues his attempts to extinguish the blaze.
IF YOU DO NOT VACATE THE AREA, THE INTERPLANAR COLLECTIVE FOR THE PROMPT EXTINGUISHING OF FIRES CANNOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU RECIEVE FROM THE FIRE!

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 01:57 PM
Go put it out then.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-24, 02:01 PM
Seriously. Mirror Taklinn examines a bit of dirt under his thumbnail.

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-24, 02:09 PM
Having dispensed his warnings, the warforged ceases yelling and concentrates fully on putting out the fires.

((hrmm, I suppose by now the fire should be gone))

With the area under control, the warforged turns off the geyser and exits the building.

J_Levet
2006-08-25, 12:16 AM
A youth no older than 20 enters the tavern, dressed in blue and black clothes. Looking around slowly he can't spot anyone that is going to harm him on sight, and walks to the bar. He gets himself a non alcoholic drink and sits in one of the corners, looking slightly timidly around the bar looking for any danger.

Lykan
2006-08-25, 12:17 AM
[*falls over laughing*]

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-25, 12:18 AM
Mirror Taklinn looks at the newcomer and grins evilly. He stares at him with peircing orange-red eyes.

J_Levet
2006-08-25, 12:19 AM
((^^ what? You killed my NPC and now I've got to get him back *>:())

The youths eyes widen as he spots mirror Tkalinn, and he hides himself in the corner, ready to flee if endangered

((V you forced him into a corner, I gave you an easy way out and you didn't take it))

Lykan
2006-08-25, 12:20 AM
((^^ what? You killed my NPC and now I've got to get him back *>:())
[Nah, I'm pretty sure he commited suicide by stepping in front of a blade and stabbing himself in the throat several times. ;D]

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-25, 12:22 AM
Mirror Taklinn looks to where the youth hid. That was much easier than he thought. Ranks in Intimidate help afterall. He breaks his gaze away and orders a Rust Monster.

J_Levet
2006-08-25, 12:28 AM
The youth breaths a sigh of relief and sips his drink

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-25, 12:31 AM
Moments later, a mouse crawls into the tavern. It is tan with white patches, and it climbs up onto Mirror Taklinn's table.

Y-yes, master?

Don't grovel, you worm. It makes me sick.

Of c-course.

Mirror Taklinn sends it flying across the room with a flick of his finger. He sips his Rust Monster.

J_Levet
2006-08-25, 12:52 AM
The youth finishes his drink, out of the corner of his eye he sees something he doesn't like. He gasps and runs out of the bar.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-25, 01:03 AM
Mirror Taklinn smiles again. It was fun to spook people. The mouse gets up weakly on the opposite wall and limps over to Mirror Taklinn.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 03:20 PM
An eight-foot tall figure wreathed in mithril armor tromps into Mirror Trog's, filling all there with dread. It leans a five-foot long spiked mace against the bar.

The blood of an elvish virgin. Or, ginger ale.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 03:23 PM
I like your tastes already. What's your name? Mirror Taklinn grins and says to the stranger.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 03:27 PM
The terrifying creature turns to Taklinn.

I am Mauron, Master of Floordor and Lord of the Hats. Also, I sell insurance.

He takes a sip of his ginger ale.

And you are?

AmberVael
2006-08-26, 03:28 PM
((Oh my god! And I thought Sauron was bad. An insurance salesman? We're doomed!))

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 03:30 PM
Taklinn. By any chance do you know of the mirror world?

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 03:33 PM
I am...familiar with it, though I have not been there recently. Why do you ask of it?

*sips ginger ale*

You know, this stuff's not bad.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 03:34 PM
I prefer blood, but beer is okay.

I ask because I seek to go there. I was... marooned here a while ago and wish to get back to my home. Heh... feel the wrath of maxed out ranks in Bluff.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 03:36 PM
Fascinating. I too am seeking a way to return there, so I may unleash hellish war visit my dear mother. Perhaps you'd be interested in joining me? I'm rather short of Fezguls these days.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 03:37 PM
Hmm, sure. I'm gonna be there to kill, rape, pillage and generally cause chaos visit my family too.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 03:41 PM
Most excellent. Only a few minutes and I've already got my first expendable minion trusted ally.

*sips ginger ale*

Tell me, what else does this world we presently inhabit have to offer?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 03:43 PM
It did have a bloodthirsty goddess of death, Inari, but Fenric got himself killed and the temple is in ruins...

It did have a really good chance of getting in a fight 24/7, but most everyone has left now.

It did have some of the best wenches this side of the planes, but they've left too.

But now... just bad beer and poorly made warforged firefighters.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 03:44 PM
Well, you know what they say..."when life gives you lemons, fill them with rusty nails and throw them at your enemies."

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-26, 03:45 PM
((And one very stupid fighter who's vocabulary consists mostly of the words "I", "like" and "swords"))

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 03:45 PM
Well, you know what they say..."when life gives you lemons, fill them with rusty nails and throw them at your enemies."


I'll drink to that!

((Oh, and Destro; ;D))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-26, 03:47 PM
(( ;D))

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 03:48 PM
The Lord of the Hats nods and raises his glass in a toast.

To crushing our enemies beneath the hobnailed boots of our fanatical legions. And visiting our relatives, of course.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 03:51 PM
Taklinn grins. I might be able to scrounge up a few more to aid us, if you wish... however, their quality will leave something to be desired.

Come in here you miserable wretch.

A tan mouse with white patches limps in the door. Y-yes my l-lord?

DONT GROVEL, DAMNIT! He flicks it to the other side of the tavern.

MY SPLEEEEEEN! ((Cookie for reference))

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 03:55 PM
The Lord of the Hats eyes the mouse.

And what powers does this creature bring to my army our alliance?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 03:57 PM
Telepathic connection, bonus to Move Silently, that kinda crap.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:00 PM
Hmm, not bad. How is it with things like siege ladders and pikes?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 04:01 PM
Utterly useless unless you want to make a mouse sized pike or seige ladder. Iuq (the mouse) picks herself up off the floor and limps over to Mirror Taklinn.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:03 PM
*shrugs*

Well, we're always in need of ammunition scouts.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 04:06 PM
Mirror Taklinn grins. Aye... why did I have to pick a stupid mouse for a familiar?

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:12 PM
Because a smart mouse would be humiliating?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 04:13 PM
Probably. I hate to think about my mirror self's familiar.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:16 PM
Indeed. I myself shudder to think of what my own counterpart in that world might be. Likely a drunken, incompetent fool.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 04:19 PM
Right. Oh, I almost forgot; Mirror Taklinn goes over to the door and calls someone. A human girl, about 20, walks in. Her charisma is only average, but some of the more shallow men would fall for her at first glance... Yes, Taklinn, what is it? Mauron, if you could explain our current situation.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:23 PM
The Lord of the Hats tips his One Dashing Straw Boater to Rule Them All.

I am Mauron, Lord of the Hats. * This fellow and I are plotting to take over seeking a way to return to the Mirror World.

Flabbicus
2006-08-26, 04:25 PM
The Lord of the Hats tips is One Dashing Straw Boater to Rule Them All.


(( So that's where El J hid it... ))

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 04:26 PM
This is where it gets good...

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:28 PM
Oh, right. How could I forget? I also sell insurance.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 04:29 PM
AAAAIIIIEEEE!

Oh come on, its not that bad!

ChaotikLawfull
2006-08-26, 04:32 PM
((You guys HAVE to seek out Chaotik sometime. He's evilly-scheming-to-rule-the-world too. ;D))

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:35 PM
Hmm, with a jumpy disposition like that you might want to consider some insurance. * Have you ever thought of what would happen to your family if, just for example, your life was needlessly thrown away in a chaotic battle soley for the amusement of an evil overlord?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 04:36 PM
...erm... no I havent. How much is it? I'm in a money crunch right now.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:38 PM
Well, you'll be glad to know that the Forces of Darkness offer extremely good rates to members. * I have some brochures here you should take a look at...

*digs some pamphlets out of his spiky mithril briefcase*

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 04:39 PM
Ooo catchy name. she flips through a pamphlet.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:42 PM
You like it? I thought of it myself. You'd be surpirsed how unpopular it is in some parts, though. Pretty much anyplace infested with elves, for example.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 04:45 PM
The girl continues to flip through the pamphlet, then hands it back. I'd like the ten year policy.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:50 PM
I take it you'd be interested in joining the Forces of Darkness in that case? We offer excellent dental as well, though I can't for the life of me get the orcs to use it.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 04:54 PM
Be an insurance salesman? I dunno... oh what the heck. Sure.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 04:57 PM
Well that's just a-...yes, insurance sales. Of course that's what we're doing.

The Lord of the Hats sips his ginger ale and gives a sinister chuckle.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 05:02 PM
((Sense Motive is overrated.))

Good, good... when can we move onto the mirror world, Mauron? I'm eager to ki- I mean sell more insurance.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 05:15 PM
It will be some time, there is still much to do. Fezguls to rehire, forests to burn, orcs to breed...I wonder if I still have Fedoruman's number?...

The Lord of the Hats flips open a cel phone made of an elf's hand and starts searching through its information.

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 05:16 PM
Okay. Shall we go our seperate ways and find more 'employees'?

Burn? Kill? Huh?

...its a figure of speech.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 05:19 PM
Hmm? Yes, of course. Go forth and recruit! It's the only way we'll be able to crush the pathetic armies of good make enough potato salad for the picnic!

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-26, 05:22 PM
Huzzah. Alyssa, can you go wait... wherever for a while? This is gonna take a while... Okay.

Mirror Taklinn and Alyssa leave the tavern.

AmberVael
2006-08-26, 05:29 PM
A very odd individual comes into the tavern, muttering to himself and occasionally cursing vehemently.
"I told it... but no... of course not... but hah! I showed it!"

AmberVael
2006-08-26, 05:41 PM
The individual stops in the middle of the tavern.
"Wait, what? No one here? Mhhhh- no, I mean hmmm. This won't work. T'won't at all. Hum."
He shuffles around uncertainly and then moves out the door.

J_Levet
2006-08-26, 07:45 PM
The youth comes into the bar again, and walks up to the bar and orders a non alcholic drink. He sips it at the counter.

_____

A group of large humanoid looking creatures enter the tavern and walk up to the bar. One of them notices the youth "Here, this is the runt from a few nights ago, didn't want to play rough." He picks the youth up "You ain't no fun at all" He chucks the youth aside hard, across to the mirror. The mirror changes texture slightly before the youth passes through, and then the mirror returns to normal.

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 08:08 PM
The Lord of the Hats promptly offers the large humanoids jobs in his army completely legal corporation.

J_Levet
2006-08-26, 08:10 PM
They agree providing they get a good salary and a pension plan

lordofthehats
2006-08-26, 08:13 PM
Pensions? Like you're going to need-

Mauron clears his throat.

But of course. We have an excellent reitrement package.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-08-26, 09:18 PM
[A ghostly figure shrouded entirely in long flowing black robes steps into the tavern.]

"A tavern? How.... quaint."

"Dread master, the Lord of your Fezgul stands ready to crush the heart of the world in his hand, uh, offer very competitive rates on auto and renter's insurance."

lordofthehats
2006-08-27, 09:22 AM
The Lord of the Hats gives another sinister laugh.

My most trusted lieutenant, it is good to see you again. How was Florida? I hear it's nice this time of year.

He waves a minion barkeep over.

Let us toast our imminent victory with a glass of dwarvish brain fluids. Barring that, a sasparilla would be fine too.

Malachi, the Lich King
2006-08-27, 08:17 PM
"Florida was okay though its difficult to get a decent tan when you don't manifest visably on the material plane. It sucked getting back to Floordor since Charity took the wyverns out joyriding again and I had to walk."

[Grabs a mug of sasparilla from the bar]

"To your eventual conquest of the world the insurance market!"

Charity
2006-08-30, 09:13 AM
*The unmistakable screech of a wyvern followed by a terrible crashing and tinkling sound*

A small figure draped in a cheap black curtain and wearing a spotless red Fez stumbles into the bar

I have returned to your side O terrible leveler of cities erm ... boss. I have searched far and wide for, the one hat that rules them all erm your laundry.. Oh your wearing it er, Oh crap it's Mal er
*looks for available escape routes*
I found your company wyvern, someone's put a nasty scratch down the side. I have poisoned the wells and sowed the seeds of dissent throughout the middle turf O master. erm finished photocopying the brochures

Vindemiatrix
2006-08-30, 05:04 PM
*Mirror Vindemiatrix walks in, strides directly toward the bar, hops over it, and jumps through the mirror*
((For y'all who don't know, he looks like Vindemiatrix used to: i.e., a black dragon who speaks in glowing green type.))

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-30, 09:33 PM
Loren's mirror counterpart, Laurin, walks into the bar, a maniacal grin on her face. One Dragon Liver Buster, please. It's handed to her, and she notices the dragon. She turns her back to him, not wanting to talk to such an unhuman creature.

Vindemiatrix
2006-08-30, 09:37 PM
*He stops*
Oh, hello. I was just on my way to deal with some...unfinished business...involving my double. Yours is there, too--want to come along?

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-30, 09:40 PM
Laurin thought about ignoring him, but she didn't want to start a fight with a dragon. Sure. I haven't met my double yet, so I'll come. I hope she's not a druid, Laurin thought.

Vindemiatrix
2006-08-30, 09:43 PM
*The dragon chuckles, and then holds out a claw, opening it up into a palm. A flash of light emits from it, and the mirror begins rippling. He steps through...*

Loren_and_Kivsith
2006-08-30, 09:53 PM
Laurin stepped through the mirror, whip in hand (I just added her whip to her description. It's made from silver dragon hide, and does cold damage).

Vindemiatrix
2006-08-30, 11:50 PM
*The evil dragon returns through the mirror, chuckling, and sits down at the bar.*

Blood
2006-08-31, 06:23 AM
Dragon appears.

Oh great, it's you again! Dragon sees Vindemiatrix's double and mistakes it for the real one. Why do you have to follow me around? You're an evil dragon! Stay away from me, or face my wrath!

Dragon growls menacingly.

Charity
2006-08-31, 09:13 AM
Emptying barsnacks into his pocket for later, The diminutive figure dares to believe that Mal bought his it was like that when I found it story.

So oh mighty one, destroyer of hope, hows the erm *reads off card* ins ewer ants business going?

Xerillum
2006-08-31, 11:38 AM
A hulking man walks in, chewing on a child's arm, walks in, and draws...a flower shaped sword. Why does this always happen? I'm gonna kill you all! I'll eat your brains with a spork!