PDA

View Full Version : FF2d6 - Secrets of Larian IC

Pages : [1] 2

Creed
2010-11-23, 05:06 PM
The sun set on the machina city of Larian, the former slaves to the ideals of Yevon walking side by side with the Al Bhed.
This is a city full of possiblities, sprawling on the Northern bank of the Moonflow.
Our story, that is to say, your story, begins here, in Larian, in many different places. But the motion, historians have found, was simultaneous, as several seemingly average people were suddenly singled out for excellence in the Eye of Fate.
This is your story.

Fearan
2010-11-23, 05:47 PM
Aquilan

And so, the new day have started. It was a wonderful morning, despite loud screeching of Nevermore, who hunted stray cats somwhere on the roof of inn. Actually, it was the screechings, that woke Aquilan up. The Elvaan smiled - his raven friend was better than any rooster, when it came to waking somebody (the whole inn, in fact) up.
- Nevermore, halt. Get back to your stable would you? It's the last inn in the whole thrice blasted city, that agrees to check us in. We don't want to lose it, riiiight? - Aquilan made his way near the window and tried to slow down his companion - giant raven on the roof was not the most pleasant view. After that, he got himself ready for the new day, and went to stables to take care of the avian before it finds stable boring. Not easy to be a messenger - you have to groom your mount even before yourself.

Adell
2010-11-23, 06:23 PM
Drake

Drake instantly woke to the cawing of a raven. His years of training and being ambushed while asleep shocked him into consciousness.
[I]What? What person actually owns a bird large enough to create such a cacophonous sound? I'll go have a "word" with its keeper.
Drake strapped on his uniform before secreting his weapons away. He checked his room for any last possessions and left, walking down. The shrill sound appeared to come from the inn's stables. Drake cracked open the stable doors and saw before him a ranger of some sort brushing a large raven.

"Hullo there, your bird's quite loud. Have you ever considered that other people might also be staying in the inn?"

Creed
2010-11-23, 06:59 PM
Outside the stable, crowded around one particullarly dashing young man, is a gaggle of ruffians that hang around most of the streets of the city. Street toughs, nothing more, but their numbers and eager cockyness isn't a good combination.
They don't make any moves towards the individuals inside the stable, but they do drop their voices, and cackle a few laughs out as Drake passes by, apparently amused by his appearance.
They laugh even harder at the sounds of the giant bird.

Adell
2010-11-23, 09:08 PM
Drake

Before Drake heard a response to his question, his trained ears picked up the sound of a group of men. They sounded menacing. In single combat, Drake trusted his skills, but with so many and in broad daylight, he knew he would need aid.
Drake shouted to the ranger, "I could use some help if you can spare some."
He pauses at the door, readying his shuriken before shouting to the men, "What is it that you are here for?"

Creed
2010-11-23, 09:20 PM
The handsome, blond leader, shoulders his way through his comrades until you can see his green Al Bhed eyes.
What? A couple guys can't stand around and laugh at a funny dressed stranger, what world do we live in! the gang laughs.

Adell
2010-11-23, 09:48 PM
Drake

"The world where I don't take kindly to those who disparage my name."

Drake threw his shuriken at the green-eyed man, intending to teach him a lesson.

[Skill:Throw]
Accuracy is: [roll](2d6+12)[roll]

Creed
2010-11-23, 09:52 PM
Drake

"The world where I don't take kindly to those who disparage my name."

Drake threw his shuriken at the green-eyed man, intending to teach him a lesson.

[Skill:Throw]
Accuracy is: (2d6+12)[roll]

Er, your character sheet says your accuracy is 6. How exactly do you figure 2d6+12? And it has to end with .

Adell
2010-11-23, 09:58 PM
Accuracy is:
[roll0]

Creed
2010-11-23, 10:02 PM
Due to the rules of engagement requiring a lengthy description of an attack, I should give you a -2 penalty. However, we are all learning. I'll let it slide this time.:smallannoyed::smalltongue:

It hits, the man staggering backward as it thumps into his chest. Roll for damage against no armor (he's a monk class character)

Adell
2010-11-23, 10:08 PM
[ohh yeah, forgot just wanted to post a fast reply.
so just a heads up, o+n first attack, i get a damage step up from sneak attack and then i get an ordinary damage step up from having ninjutsu tool mastery for throwing so it does dex*4+2d6. also, i thought we did a roll and keep method like in the manual, if it hits, then whatever i rolled for accuracy, i use that for damage but here goes]

damage is:
[roll0]

if using roll and keep damage is 7+56=63

Creed
2010-11-23, 10:21 PM
[ohh yeah, forgot just wanted to post a fast reply.
so just a heads up, o+n first attack, i get a damage step up from sneak attack and then i get an ordinary damage step up from having ninjutsu tool mastery for throwing so it does dex*4+2d6. also, i thought we did a roll and keep method like in the manual, if it hits, then whatever i rolled for accuracy, i use that for damage but here goes]

damage is:
[roll0]

if using roll and keep damage is 7+56=63

I was under the impression you rolled again.

Either way, the man staggers and falls backwards with a moan.
"What da 'ell did you do that for!"
"Ya kill'd 'em! Kill'd 'em dead!"
Three thugs come rushing at you!
You go first again, since a new combat is starting.

Adell
2010-11-23, 10:27 PM
"Look at this. You guys are so pathetic. Needing to gang up on me to even have a chance."

Drake pulls out more shuriken, intending to throw them.
He slings off another shuriken, aiming for the closest thug's head, hoping to take them one by one, before they can get close enough to hit him.
(is this decent length or should i write more for the ones after this?)

[Sneak attack: throw]
Accuracy check
[roll0]

(Question: do i get to apply the two weapon trait where i can reroll a die? I assume it does because the other weapon traits from the concealed weapon and ranged apply, but I just wanted to make sure.]

Adell
2010-11-23, 10:30 PM
(I'm just going to reroll that 3 and add all that good stuff together while you reply.)

1d6+5+12

Adell
2010-11-23, 10:31 PM
(gah, i guess that adding three doesnt work)
(also, if i get a 4 or above, i get a critical hit. that's the grim reaper ability: first attack 9-12 is critical)

[roll0]

Creed
2010-11-23, 10:33 PM
"Look at this. You guys are so pathetic. Needing to gang up on me to even have a chance."

Drake pulls out more shuriken, intending to throw them.
He slings off another shuriken, aiming for the closest thug's head, hoping to take them one by one, before they can get close enough to hit him.
(is this decent length or should i write more for the ones after this?)

[Sneak attack: throw]
Accuracy check
[roll0]

(Question: do i get to apply the two weapon trait where i can reroll a die? I assume it does because the other weapon traits from the concealed weapon and ranged apply, but I just wanted to make sure.]

No dual thrown sneak attacks. That's bully.

It hits the thug, roll for damage against 10 armor.

The other threee will be within melee range after this attack resolves. They were a short distance away, so they're practically in front of you when you launch your attack.
And that length is fine. Just no "I attack"s.:smallbiggrin:

Adell
2010-11-23, 10:38 PM
(there's three more >.> this looks like a job... for superman!!!)
(fine fine.although that attack would have been)
(wait, so do i roll and keep the accuracy roll or do i just show damage calculation?)

roll and keep
(3+5)+56-10=54 damage

not roll and keep
2d+46

Adell
2010-11-23, 10:41 PM
[roll0]

i keep forgetting the 6

Creed
2010-11-23, 10:42 PM
You roll once for accuracy.If you succeed, then you roll again for damage.
Also, your second role didn't... er, roll.
There we go.

Th target staggers, but does not drop, he will not reach you until next turn.
Also, I misspoke. There are three altogether, not three more.

One dives at you, screaming in rage as he attempts to bear you to the ground.
Dump-Tackle , -1 ACC:
2d6-1

The other one brings his arm around in a punch as the hidden blade springs from his grafted arm, bursting through his shirt with a metallic hiss.
Crushing Blade, 4 ACC:
2d6+4

Meanwhile, the other gang members are trying to revive their leader while containing the crowd.

Adell
2010-11-23, 10:44 PM
I know I know, i fixed it

Creed
2010-11-23, 10:46 PM
I fixed my post as well.

Adell
2010-11-23, 10:49 PM
i guess editted posts cant do rolls
Drake watches the two closer enemies, hoping to avoid their attacks.
[eva is 13]

Creed
2010-11-23, 10:53 PM
One dives at you, screaming in rage as he attempts to bear you to the ground.
Dump-Tackle , -1 ACC:
[roll0]

The other one brings his arm around in a punch as the hidden blade springs from his grafted arm, bursting through his shirt with a metallic hiss.
Crushing Blade, 4 ACC:
[roll1]

There we go.
Both miss. Your turn.

Adell
2010-11-23, 10:58 PM
The two enemies are still too close for Drake's tastes.
He throws another shuriken, although this throw is little more than stabbing and releasing because of the enemies' proximity. He aims for guy with the blade, hoping that he is the more dangerous one.

throw: shuriken
[Accuracy roll]
[roll0]

(i gotta remember to include that 6)

Creed
2010-11-23, 11:00 PM
It hits alright. 10 armor.

Adell
2010-11-23, 11:03 PM
throw: shuriken
[Damage roll]
[roll0]

Creed
2010-11-23, 11:07 PM
The blade man grimaces in pain as he backs off, with no intention of dying so easily.
"Get the boss, let's get out of here. Let the bros handle this one. Marty, let's go!"

The one who failed to tackle you now takes a swing at you with a punch.
Crushing Blade, 4 ACC:
[roll0]

Adell
2010-11-23, 11:08 PM
Drake dodges out of the way of attack by ducking underneath the punch. (13 EVA)

Adell
2010-11-23, 11:10 PM
After driving off one man, Drake feels confident that he could take the other. He steadies his hand and throws another shuriken.

Throw Shuriken
[Accuracy check]
[roll0]

Creed
2010-11-23, 11:12 PM
"Damn it Marty! Let's go! With Mikael down and two injured, the Big Boss won't be happy as is! Leave 'em to the bros!"
The man who missed you twice grimaces and backs away from you, retreating with the rest of his gang.

1 XP gained.

The crowd is in turmoil shying away from you after seeing you kill that man and injure two others without getting wounded.

EDIT: Hit, 10 armor.

Adell
2010-11-23, 11:18 PM
(arghhhhhhh, used 4 shuriken with no gil won. i hate this battle. :smalltongue: still exp is good)

Drake remembers how he attacked during the fight and feels a little wiser. (exp gain there)

He approaches a stranger in the crowd and asks him (or her) for information about the gang.

"Excuse me, but what can you tell me about this gang that attacked me? And don't worry. I won't attack you."

Creed
2010-11-23, 11:20 PM
The young woman hastily covers her face with a scarf and violently shakes her head, eyes large with fright.

Adell
2010-11-23, 11:25 PM
Drake grimaced. These stupid fights always make me look bad. This is why I prefer assassinations rather than street fights. The only ones that see me are dead.

Thinking of the best way to persuade the woman to help him, he said, "Please ma'am, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want some information. You don't like that gang, do you? I want to stop them from harassing strangers like me."

IcarusWings
2010-11-24, 01:42 AM
As he enters the village after a long days travels, Arashi hears large commotion coming from the inn. Easing into a jog, he moves to see what's going on in this town.

DualShadow
2010-11-24, 02:04 AM
Nate Crestmere

Arriving at Larian early in the morning with the roads getting more crowed up by the minutes, Nate head to the market area to buy something to eat. On his way to the markets, a group of man rushed past him, some of them wounded. Looking around Nate study the potentials threats that could have inflicted those wounds, mainly small punctured ones.

Nate use the scholar's Study ability to examine the surrounding people that could have been responsible for the attacks, as a standard action

Quickly he spot an Elvaan wearing a grey tunic trying to ask something to girl with her face hidden by a scarf.

Nate now use Study as a slow action, to study the grey clad Elvaan

Mentaly noting to himself that the Elvaan is a Ninja and thus there is a high probability that he is armed with concealed weapon, he approach and ask:
What happened here?

Eyeing the Ninja.

Zefir
2010-11-24, 03:09 AM
A young man enters the village. Befor he passed the entrance he hide the wanted poster.
"This must be the town mentioned."

Eon wlks straigth through the inn, he needs some rest befor doing something. All who see him look at a armed amn with a sword on one side and a buckle on the back. His appereacnce seems dusty or maybe it is just an effekt of the armore. For the first view his people are scared of his white hair, but after they saw his tanned skin they seem to be relieved.

The unkown man enters the inn late so he doesn't see the hurted people.

Fearan
2010-11-24, 03:44 AM
Now here we go again - thought Aquilan. It was the same in every inn - there always was someone pissed by the raven cawing. But that time, it was different - not waiting for answer, strange looking Elvaan said something about help and rushed for the door. And Aquilan returned to his raven - there was more important things than some streetbrawls.

Adell
2010-11-24, 04:47 AM
Drake noticed the man asking him what happened and replied, "Well hello. To be honest, I don't really know. I was woken by the cries of a large raven.Before I could shut the bird up, a gang approached me and I drove them off. I was just asking this woman about more information about the gang."

Drake studied the man and noticed that he looked rather intelligent. He could've been any type of mage.
"Can you use your abilities to help me find them, stranger?"

Drake remembered that he still did not know who owned the stupid bird.
"Hold on, I still need to find out who the guy in the stable is."
Drake walked back inside the stable and waited for the man to say who he is.

(i guess i'll use bold black as my text color >.> )

Fearan
2010-11-24, 05:06 AM
The annoing one has returned. And he has returned unscrached from the streetfight - that alone forced Aquilan to look closer. And, among other things, to exchange a few words with that stranger
So, you didn't need any help after all, did you? That means, I was right on time to help you. I'm Aquilan, a messenger, a courier, sometimes scout. Sorry about the bird - he just hate stray cats. With my work, we don't stay in inns often, so I hope I'll leave soon, and stop bothering anyone

Adell
2010-11-24, 05:25 AM
"A scout, eh? I could use your help. I'm planning on crushing that gang. Want to take part? I can guarantee it'll be fun. Also, that gang might come back for you. It's fairly easy to find the one guy with a giant raven. So if you come with me, I can probably also guarantee your safety."

Drake wondered if Aquilan would take the offer or not. It would certainly be useful if he did, Drake probably would not be able to take on the entire gang by himself.

"Oh, I'm Drake."

Fearan
2010-11-24, 05:38 AM
Fun is good, but you know, I can't pay the innceaper with fun. Also he - Aquilan pointed at the raven - doesn't eat fun. And I don't know, why the gang would want to come for me - It was you, who harrased them, right? And those guys are not dumb enough to confuse a guy with a raven with a guy with... how do you call those iron stars, anyway. To be short - I want equal part of profit. Take it or leave it. If you're fine with that, I'll go get my gear and will be raedy in a minute or two.
The Elvaan didn't really want to chase a random thug company - but he stil have not found any assignment as a messenger, so why not take a side-job. And of course, the strange-looking one was right - shooting thugs could be fun

Adell
2010-11-24, 05:53 AM
"Haha, I would never try to rip off a fellow Elvaan. We will share all spoils or penalties from this venture equally. If you don't mind splitting the share further, there's a smart-looking fellow outside who I would like to recruit as well."

Drake readied his equipment and waited for Aquilan to get his. I wonder what his raven does. It would be pretty interesting if if could attack alongside him.

(bed time for me :P )

Creed
2010-11-24, 06:25 AM
She finally speaks up. She being the scarfed woman.
I know who they are, yes.
And you are in grave danger.

Meanwhile, thosands of miles away...

I swear, boss, this one's different. He's some kind of demon!
The hooded man pacing up and down the dark room in the former chapel of Yevon did not seem to notice the recently revieved Al Bhed.
But the demon-man wasn't the worst part. In the crowd, I saw her, boss.
The hooded figure stopped pacing.
Get me Myra. The best way to defeat a demon is with a demon. She is not concerning until she has hold on others, and even then... GO!
The Al Bhed dashes off, leaving the hooded man quite alone.....

Critical
2010-11-24, 07:56 AM
Oogem

A golden-skinned moogle with a bright red deely-bopper, wearing a light outfit made of rubber, a pair of shades and with a quite large gun on his waist has entered the village - well, that was certainly an unusual guest. As a social moogle, of course he first and foremost went to the tavern, it was always a good starting point. Noticing two elvaans obviously planning something and also feeling the scent of money in the air as he saw the couple, Oogem casually walked up to them and starded speaking:

"Well, hello, gentlemen, kupo! My gut tells me you're up to something, and perhaps you might require my help, call it a moogle sense, kupo. Oh, where are my manners, KUPO? I'm Oogem, it's nice to meet you, kupo. Back to business, kupo, perhaps, it's about that ten thousand gil bounty I saw while I was walking through the village, kupo?"

Zefir
2010-11-24, 08:10 AM
When the Moogle mention the 10.000 Gil head bounty the armed hume look out for the source . After ne noticed who talked about tha he took the neares seat and listen to them, maybe he is able to get something out of them.

DualShadow
2010-11-24, 10:08 AM
Nate Crestmere

As the grey ninja went inside to do his business, Nate eyes go to the woman, analysing her.

Yes I am using the study ability, I haz it and I will use it.

When the woman move to talk to those inside, Nate move in closer in order to properly listen. Eyeing the other Elvaan and again analysing the target.

Hmm, has the Elvaan taken Spira over in the last five years? Nate humorously thought.

Fearan
2010-11-24, 10:13 AM
Well, with al the newcomers, Aquilan didn't have a chance to simply go get his gear. First the moogle, talking about 10.000 gil, than the quiet hume. Too much two-legged creatures for one stable.
Jeez, gentleman, maybe we can move to the hall? I don't find speacking of business in stables convinient. I'll be there in a moment.
So, Aquilan left stables as quickly, as he could. Some moments later, he was in the inn hall, with his travelling bag, and, most importantly, his rifle. He was waiting for Drake, and who ever the assassin would like to bring along.

Zefir
2010-11-24, 10:31 AM
The hume is still in the main room ((thought you where in the up floor))

DualShadow
2010-11-24, 10:31 AM
Moving to the hall while Aquilan gather his stuff, and waiting for his arrival.

You are a rare one, time manipulator. Nate say softly as the time mage passes by him

Fearan
2010-11-24, 11:01 AM
Big eyes, aren't we? Wel, I'm not hiding. - the Elvaan didn't seem angered, or such - only curious. - Do you want to offer me something, or what?

DualShadow
2010-11-24, 11:07 AM
From what I have read and the common knowledge I have gathered from across Spira, Time Magick is rare. But not to worry I respect knowledge and yours is quite a rare one. When our new common acquiantance's trouble will be resolved, will you mind sparing a few hours for soem questions?

As he finish his question, Nate go sit somewhere nearby and once seated, open his large tome.

Fearan
2010-11-24, 11:14 AM
You're not just a random guy yourself, aren't you? Though I'm not hiding, I don't see any billboard with something like "Look here, I'm a time mage". Yet, you know, who I am. Most... amusing. Well, as for your question - sure, why not? By the way, where is that guy - and Aquilan looked around, trying to find Drake

DualShadow
2010-11-24, 11:16 AM
Knowledge is a skill I have. Don't worry about it. If something I respect you.

End of the quick answer marathon, must go eat.

IcarusWings
2010-11-24, 11:58 AM
After entering the town, Arashi looks around for any news on the gang he had been tracking down for the last two years. As his gaze slides across the street, he notices a scarfed woman looking rather suspicious. He walks up to her. With a quiet voice he investigates.

I'm sorry my lady, but would you happen to know of any form of gang around these parts? I wish to... deal with them.

Inquiry [roll0]

Critical
2010-11-24, 11:59 AM
Oogem

"Certainly, kupo!" - the moogle says, following Aquillan. Overhearing the conversation about said elvaan being a time mage, the moogle gasped and cheerfully said: "Time mage, kupo? That is awesome, kupo!" The moogle then proceeded to take a seat and make himself comfortable, but when he heared the time mage's question, he hastily said: "How about ordering a few drinks while we wait for him, kupo? I'm kind of broke though, but I'm sure I can talk out a discount, kupo!"

DualShadow
2010-11-24, 05:03 PM
Nate Crestmere

Nate stare (Study) at the interlopping Moogle, while the golden one's suggestion of buying drinks made him remember the plan he had for the morning: Get something to eat.

If you can get me a meal at the same time, I buy your drink, and if you can work your private connection to Lady Luck for a discount, the better.

Zefir
2010-11-24, 05:33 PM
The hume man still sitting two tables away from the groupe listening, not obviously cause you are not very quiet.

Adell
2010-11-24, 05:36 PM
"I see our group is slowly expanding. I assume everyone here is to hunt the gang. Is that right?"

Drake knew this was going to to be fun if he had the other three to help him.

"Well, I'm Drake. I'd like to know your names so I can hunt you down if you betray me." He wondered how they would respond to this threat.

DualShadow
2010-11-24, 05:42 PM
Nate Crestmere

Face in his book, Nate counter the Ninja's declaration:

Well then, in that case my name should be unimportant, does openly declaring yours mean we will need to hunt you down, disciple of the shadow arts??

Adell
2010-11-24, 05:53 PM
"No, you have my name because that is proof enough that you can trust me. If I didn't tell you my name, that would give you reason to suspect me."

"And my trade is of no concern to you, bookwielder."

Drake retorted amusingly.

DualShadow
2010-11-24, 06:04 PM
Nate eyes (Study) goes to a lone Hume sitting at a table not so far away.

Well then only time will tell I guess, well then maybe we should listen to what the yound lady have to say or you wanna invite someone else in this little party we are having, such as this lone Warrior sitting alone.

Adell
2010-11-24, 07:08 PM
"He seems like a sturdy enough fellow. He could be helpful as well."

Drake walks over to the warrior and asks him, "Hey, do you want to take part in a gang-crushing party? It's going to be a lot of fun."

Zefir
2010-11-25, 02:20 AM
The warrior took his glass down as the Elvaan assassin came close. Well, this guy isn't stupid he knows his weaknesses and hires the right ones but for the wrong reason.

"Fun? Are you serious? Drake I guess? Have you ever thought a bit? We will risk our live we will be hurt and all this for FUN? I don't know what buissines you had with the gang you hunt but it is your personal problem. My intresst goes to the well paied job the moogle mentioned, cause it will be in my interesst, too"

He waits for respond but is watching the other on the table. His view stayed at Nate. It was obviously that I'am a fighter, but he seemed to know more about the other.

Critical
2010-11-25, 10:46 AM
Oogem

In response to the staring down, Oogem jokingly stared down the scholar too. "Ow, I know, your a telepath, kupo!.. Right, kupo?.." He then turns to the arriving ninja and the lonesome warrior and slowly replies in a little bit of confusion: "Err, that didn't sound very nice, kupo... I was actually thinking of a 10000 gil, kupo... And that warrior gentleman right there does have a point, kupo. I hope everyone else here is sane enough to not attempt to crush that gang without knowing about the rewards, kupo?" - he says the last sentence and looks everyone over and then called the bartender before returning to the group. - "Good, kupo. We have a more important job, kupo."
The moogle took out a small parchment with Alistaire's portrait and the price for his head listed in right five digits: 10,000 gil. "That's the guy and as a bonus, he is an evil jerk who should be slain anyway, kupo. Well, I assume you all know something about him already, kupo."

A gentle story reminder (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9808455&postcount=434) :smallwink:

Adell
2010-11-25, 11:32 AM
Oh, so the gang was actually under the order of Alistaire. Woops, I just thought this was just another street gang. Well, this is further evidence that crushing this gang was a good idea.

Out loud, Drake said, "Well, not just for fun then. But it will be fun, at least for me. I like to get revenge."

"I'd like everyone to reintroduce themselves and what they can do, so we'll be faster and more effective as a group."
"By now, everyone knows that I am Drake. I am a ninja by profession I'm good at throwing stuff. A lot of stuff."

DualShadow
2010-11-25, 11:39 AM
With a quirky smile: "And what make you think that, oh diminutive golden one." as Nate's gaze come back to the Moogle.

As for the bounty, is he the one that publicly dennounced Yevon's teachings?

As Nate hear Drake's announcement, he lose himself in his thoughts for a few moments.

After all these years, can I really become part of a group as wild as this one? Ill see what the time mage answer, at least if he join I could learn something...... yes.. learn something..

As Nate become aware of his surroundings again, he simply lower his head back into his book.

Creed
2010-11-25, 11:41 AM
The bartender, a middle-aged man who's shape resembles that of a pear, eyes the group warily.
Just to note, the inside of the bar consists of a large area with tables, a bar on each side of it, and a stage directly opposite the entrance which is currently out of use.

Fearan
2010-11-25, 12:21 PM
Well, it was just as Aquilan suspected - it all was about Alistaire and the bounty. - Whoah, whoah, hold your chocobos, will you? You do realize, you're talking about a bounty on this beautyful city rightful ruler? Gang is one thing, but this - the damn Yevon cultists may not care at all, but who would rule the city without Alistaire? No ruler, anarchy, more gangs, riots, crime war - all nice-ness of this city would be redused to zero. There is no way, I'm going against a rightful ruler... - Aquilan made a brake, and winked ... before another rightful ruler arrives. Let's just stick to that gang - besides, what makes you think, that it actually work for Alistaire? Oh, yeah - and what makes you think, you're not listened by his spies, while speaking about that thrice-damned bounty so openly?

Critical
2010-11-25, 12:53 PM
"Hey, nice tavern you got here, old man, kupo! Spill us some drinks old man, will ya, kupo? I assume a discount is in order for such a big crowd, kupo?" - the moogle says to the barman, noticing that he caught his attention.

Negotiation first for the general attitude improvement: [roll0]
Trade check after: [roll1]

Returning to the ranger-looking mage, the slightly suprised golden moogle replied, silently now: "Don't believe I said they work with him, however, there's a good possibility of it as the gang still exists - Alistaire's pretty strict, kupo. And as much as a city ruler he is, I do believe that we can take him down with all of us, kupo. Besides, beating some gang would attract the unwanted attention, wouldn't it, kupo?"

DualShadow
2010-11-25, 01:38 PM
Nate look at the time mage with one eyebrow raised:

Youll excuse me if I dont understand the situation but I was out of the proverbial loop for quite some time. Your saying that this Alistaire character have an iron fist over this city and that the Yevonist putted a bounty on his head?

The info that lead me here is that the ruler of this town had actually went public against Yevon's teaching.

Creed
2010-11-25, 02:06 PM
"Hey, nice tavern you got here, old man, kupo! Spill us some drinks old man, will ya, kupo? I assume a discount is in order for such a big crowd, kupo?" - the moogle says to the barman, noticing that he caught his attention.

Negotiation first for the general attitude improvement: [roll0]
Trade check after: [roll1]

Returning to the ranger-looking mage, the slightly suprised golden moogle replied, silently now: "Don't believe I said they work with him, however, there's a good possibility of it as the gang still exists - Alistaire's pretty strict, kupo. And as much as a city ruler he is, I do believe that we can take him down with all of us, kupo. Besides, beating some gang would attract the unwanted attention, wouldn't it, kupo?"

The bartender smilles, suddenly at ease by the moogles mannerisms.
Ay, lad. Here ya be goin. the bartender brings over a tray of drinks.
First rounds on the house, youse guyses.

Adell
2010-11-25, 03:30 PM
"Who cares whether this Alistaire is the rightful ruler or not? If we can take down this gang, we'll attract the attention of the king and maybe we can get even closer to him. Besides, you wouldn't be here if not to take the bounty, so this discussion is fairly moot."

"And even if his spies are listening, we probably won't be arrested. After all, that 10,000 gil bounty is pretty attractive and it's not like the bounty is extremely secret. I bet Alistaire already knows about this bounty."

Drake grabbed a drink and downed it in one gulp.

[introduce yourselves guys. so i can actually refer to you by name]

Zefir
2010-11-25, 05:02 PM
"You are a strange person Drake and aman that goes over lifes that easy isn't someone I introduce so easy."

As long as the mogg don't over him a drink he won't do anything to get one.

"What have they done so bad that you need to kill them? What do you know of them to make a group out of half a dozen people? If they are realy that strong dfeed me with information and I may tell you what I'm able to do"

Creed
2010-11-25, 09:44 PM
After entering the town, Arashi looks around for any news on the gang he had been tracking down for the last two years. As his gaze slides across the street, he notices a scarfed woman looking rather suspicious. He walks up to her. With a quiet voice he investigates.

I'm sorry my lady, but would you happen to know of any form of gang around these parts? I wish to... deal with them.

Inquiry [roll0]

There are many gangs in these parts, cuthroats all. Do you know the name of the foes you seek? she says this with a stange elegancy, an uncommon trait among the lower castes of Larian that live in this district.

IcarusWings
2010-11-26, 02:30 AM
There are many gangs in these parts, cuthroats all. Do you know the name of the foes you seek? she says this with a stange elegancy, an uncommon trait among the lower castes of Larian that live in this district.

All I know is that they are lead by the one named Alistaire. Do you know where I can find and put an end to him and his cronies?

Fearan
2010-11-26, 04:30 AM
Well, here is a surprize for you, mr Drake - I care. Though I agree, he is not the best ruler and utter bastard, he is still better than anarchy. The cultists do not care, but there are people, who simply live here, trying to make a stable life. Are you ready to sacrifice the people of this city for your share in the bounty? - Aquilan looked really dissatisfied with all this "kill the king" stuff.

Adell
2010-11-26, 05:55 AM
Drake dropped his amused mentality and dispassionately explained, "You know,in my line of work, we are hired to kill kings, politicians, noblemen, whoever and whatever. And somehow, even after they die, this world still manages to live on. Our employers want power; they don't want that power to dissipate. If Alistaire is taken down, undoubtedly the Yevon church will install someone who will wield the power of the king. Larian won't collapse because of this."

"Also, It is not our place to determine what's right and wrong for these people anyways. We came seeking the bounty. If you want to play politician, then convince other people to support you. I'm here for no other reason than to take the bounty."

Drake paused and then formed his intentions for the immediate future, "As for that gang, I agree that killing might be a little too harsh. But still, extracting any information about this place and Alistaire would be helpful."

Fearan
2010-11-26, 06:18 AM
- Whaterver. Well a job is a job, so if you want the bounty - go and be killed by the guards, I don't care. Let's return to the business, which gathered us here - the gang. Anyone still want going after them? - it was the best course of actoin to stop the politics for now, Aquilan thought. His fellow Elvaan turned out to be an assassin and Yevon-sympathizer - not much to speack about with that kind of man. So - just the business.

Creed
2010-11-26, 07:28 AM
All I know is that they are lead by the one named Alistaire. Do you know where I can find and put an end to him and his cronies?

Alistaire rules no single gang. He rules the entire city.

Zefir
2010-11-26, 07:38 AM
"I myself have no reason to hunt a group which I never heared of or saw. And your glorious leader of the city even has his bad sides for example the vanish of people that belive in other things."

He stands up and takes a sit on the table.

"But either way tell me why would you hunt them?"

DualShadow
2010-11-26, 07:53 AM
I concur upon with the not killing of the king. From what I heard so far nothing warrant us killing him exept for the Yevonite's bounty on him. What I propose is that we gather info first. If any information that warrant the defeat of the gangs or the ruler comes up, we will make a decision based upon those fact.

As he speak, Nate rise up, close his book with a loud clap and add:

Before acting like puppet to Yevon's whims, I say we investigate because if they really wanted Alistaire gone they would have sent soldier themself or maybe hire an independent assassin instead of putting an open bounty on his head.

As Nate gaze shift from one person to another:

So instead of causing chaos which the Yevonite will use to come back to this fair city hailed as heroes instead of conquerors. Is my proposition fair with everyone?

And as his gaze finaly reach the disaproving warrior, Nate hold his sight on him.

Critical
2010-11-26, 08:09 AM
Oogem

Thanking the barman, the moogle then returned to the group. "Sounds good, my good psychic, kupo." - the moogle says in response to Nate, takes a quick sip out of the free drink. - "But it seems that we went after business so fast, that we forgot to introduce ourselves, kupo. My name is Oogem, it's nice to meet you, kupo. Now, I could gather the information you want, although, what should I be looking for more precisely, kupo?"

DualShadow
2010-11-26, 08:25 AM
Nate head toward the drink and take one. Thank you Oogem, call me Nate. As for what you should search, both good and bad about Alistaire, info about whether the gang is malicious or somewhat benevolant, I want both sides of the two medals.

Raising his drink to the golden Moogle, Nate take a gulp. If he was to take any action, Nate would need both side of the two targets, after all he is a man of knowledge not some blind crusader.

Critical
2010-11-26, 08:46 AM
Oogem

"Alright then, I'm off for some work, kupo." - Oogem said after raising his drink in return to Nate and sipping a little bit of it. He then stood up, but before he went off asking around, he added: "Ow, and meanwhile, order something, please, after all, not doing so after free drinks is kind of impolite, kupo."

Gonna ask around the tavern about Allistaire, not too directly, with a little bit of chatter first.
[roll0] - Negotiation
[roll1] - Inquiry

Zefir
2010-11-26, 09:23 AM
"Good to know that even someone in here has his head on the right place."
He offers nate his hand for shake.

"My surname is Shiftblade. Nice to meet you, Nate."

Then he turned to the moogle, with some unusual moves he tries to offer the mooge his hand ,too.

"A good mind in a small body. Nice to meet you Oogem. My surename is Shiftblade."

Fearan
2010-11-26, 09:35 AM
I'm Aquilan. - the Elvaan inroduced himself once again. For now, I'm working in this town, so I'm interested in stability here. Nothing about right and wrong, though

DualShadow
2010-11-26, 09:47 AM
Setting down his drink, Nate shake Eon's hand:

Well met, Mr. Shiftblade. I find that a cool head and knowledge to be the most effective of weapons and at the same time the most effective tools of peace.

As Aquilan present himself, Nate turn his gaze to him. Good, that will make my being into this group worth my while. A decent subject to study should keep me busy. he thought to himself.

Zefir
2010-11-26, 09:57 AM
Eon ( who neve said his first name) turned to Aquilan and offer his hand for shake.

"Nice to meet you. My Surename is Shiftblade, think you heared that once ot twice before."

IcarusWings
2010-11-26, 10:58 AM
Alistaire rules no single gang. He rules the entire city.

Hmmm... my source has misinformed me. No matter, is there some castle or palace in this town where this ruler resides?

Creed
2010-11-26, 12:28 PM
Oogem

"Alright then, I'm off for some work, kupo." - Oogem said after raising his drink in return to Nate and sipping a little bit of it. He then stood up, but before he went off asking around, he added: "Ow, and meanwhile, order something, please, after all, not doing so after free drinks is kind of impolite, kupo."

Gonna ask around the tavern about Allistaire, not too directly, with a little bit of chatter first.
[roll0] - Negotiation
[roll1] - Inquiry

Apparently Alistaire has made the quality of life better in Larian through Machina and incorporation of the Al Bhed.
There are rumors that he has control of electricity, able to whip it out at his opponents and slay them with bolts of lightning.

Hmmm... my source has misinformed me. No matter, is there some castle or palace in this town where this ruler resides?

She shakes her head.
No, not anymore. The Maester use to live in the Grand Chapel, but after Alistaire came to power he insisted on living among the people. No one knows where he lives, exactly, but he does live in the city.

Adell
2010-11-26, 06:05 PM
"Well, now that we're all introduced and all, shall we go?"

Drake hated inaction and was glad for even the chance to walk the streets of Larian.

"We should keep an eye out for any members of the gang in case they try to seek revenge."

Critical
2010-11-26, 06:12 PM
Returning to the table and finishing his drink in one gulp, the moogle starts to tell his report:
"Alright, here's what I got: Apparently Alistaire has made the quality of life better in Larian through Machina and incorporation of the Al Bhed, kupo. There are rumors that he has control of electricity, able to whip it out at his opponents and slay them with bolts of lightning, kupo." - the gambler then turns to the ninja with a questioning look on his face adressed to him yet another time. - Leave now, kupo? No, not yet, kupo. Besides, why "we", kupo? You're the one who attacked them in the first place, kupo. Besides, geez, you guys didn't order anything, KUPO! I'd do it myself, but I have no freaking money right now, ya dig, kupo?!"
Seems like the moogle was getting a little bit angry, but still, he was looking kind of cute.

Zefir
2010-11-26, 06:21 PM
"Again Drake the one who forgett fast WHY should I even look out for a gang that never saw me or had anything to do with me? You know I asked twice and didn't get the answer."

Eon is staying at the table he sits.

"Oogem I, for myself have the same money problem. I will search for a solution of thsi later."

Adell
2010-11-26, 07:25 PM
"Fine, fine, no attacking of gangs. Is there anything else we know about Alistaire? Any other enemies of Alistaire we can gain the aid of? What can we hope to learn if we stay in this pub? I think the easiest way to find the whereabouts of Alistaire is to talk to other people in Larian."

Drake recounted the gil he had and decided not to mention how much money he had. The gil he had on him would be needed to purchase more shuriken so he opted not to volunteer his gil for food.

Critical
2010-11-26, 07:36 PM
"Hmmmmmm, Kupo..." - the Moogle thoughtfully murmured, rubbing his chin. He then lifted his head up, as if a sudden idea has struck him and turned to the bartender: "Old man, anything interesting going on in the city now, kupo?"

Creed
2010-11-26, 08:12 PM
"Hmmmmmm, Kupo..." - the Moogle thoughtfully murmured, rubbing his chin. He then lifted his head up, as if a sudden idea has struck him and turned to the bartender: "Old man, anything interesting going on in the city now?"

The bartender shrugs
No more than usual sirruhs. Them Al Bhed, shifty folks them, are startin' a mess uh trouble down in da docks along the moonflow, cause they want to salvage that city sunken under it dar.
The few Yevonites still around are out of the Moonflow in boats keepin' em away. Been awful quiet besides that. Grandad used to say that when things got that quiet, trouble bound to come find you.

Adell
2010-11-26, 08:59 PM
"Why aren't the Al Bhed stopped by Alistaire?" Drake asked the bartender.

Drake found it odd that Alistaire would allow such trouble to occur in this city unless it benefited him in some way.

Creed
2010-11-26, 09:02 PM
"Why aren't the Al Bhed stopped by Alistaire?" Drake asked the bartender.

Drake found it odd that Alistaire would allow such trouble to occur in this city unless it benefited him in some way.

I ain't privy to the Lord's secrets, but probably because he wants to keep the Al Bhed happy.

DualShadow
2010-11-26, 10:26 PM
Nate rise up and start heading toward the bar, midway, he stop and turn his head:

Someone want something to eat? I'm buying.

After all, he survived for so long with limited ressources, so was money really that important?

Adell
2010-11-27, 03:29 AM
Drake turned to Nate and said, "I'll get whatever's cheapest. We should save some money until we get that bounty."

He then turned back to the group and asked, "Do you all think we should head down to the dock later and investigate for ourselves?"

Drake hoped they would be interested, because he saw it as an easy way to gather intelligence and scope out the city.

Critical
2010-11-27, 05:16 AM
"Something cheap, please, kupo..." - slightly shyly said moogle. He didn't want the almost unknown person to waste much money on him. He then turned to the ninja: "Now that's a good idea, you're finally thinking straight, kupo."

IcarusWings
2010-11-27, 05:39 AM
She shakes her head.
No, not anymore. The Maester use to live in the Grand Chapel, but after Alistaire came to power he insisted on living among the people. No one knows where he lives, exactly, but he does live in the city.

Hmmm... thank you for your time my dear lady. Take this as a token of my appreciation
Arashi tosses 10 gil to the woman and walks off. He decides to go check around the Grand Chapel for some clues as to Alistaire's whereabouts.

Adell
2010-11-27, 06:16 AM
"Haha, whatever it takes to get this group working together. Even someone like me understands that a group works better than a single person alone."

"May I suggest us going in at night? It'll be easier for us to spy on them, and if need be, easier to surprise them as well."

From all of the others' talk about Alistaire, Drake was beginning to become interested in whether killing him would make the city better or worse off. If even the other would-be bounty hunters want to determine whether he's a good king or not, then maybe I should take some time to go over it too.

Creed
2010-11-27, 10:32 AM
Hmmm... thank you for your time my dear lady. Take this as a token of my appreciation
Arashi tosses 10 gil to the woman and walks off. He decides to go check around the Grand Chapel for some clues as to Alistaire's whereabouts.

The Grand Chapel use to be a grand structure, towering high over the other buildings, built by Aeons of ages past. But now, it is a lack-luster shell, holes in the ceiling, rotting pews, that sort of thing.
The Chapel consists of one main cathedral, and then the Maester's private quarters.

DualShadow
2010-11-27, 10:54 AM
Resuming his way to the barkeep, and once there he order: X (light meals). After ordering Nate turn around and answer Drake's proposition:
Night would be the perfect time, where should we meet?

This should leave me the day to do some proper studies of the situation.

Fearan
2010-11-27, 11:15 AM
Well, bounty or not, I'm definitely not going against Alistaire. The Al Bhed and the sunken city is other thing - now THAT could be interesting. - than Aquilan turned to the scholar.
- And thank you, I still can pay for my meals - with that, he went to the barkeep to make an order
Those Al Bhed sure look like external enemy, so I should at least investigate

IcarusWings
2010-11-27, 02:57 PM
The Grand Chapel use to be a grand structure, towering high over the other buildings, built by Aeons of ages past. But now, it is a lack-luster shell, holes in the ceiling, rotting pews, that sort of thing.
The Chapel consists of one main cathedral, and then the Maester's private quarters.

Arashi decides to walk into the Maesters quarters and look around.

Adell
2010-11-27, 04:50 PM
"This tavern seems like an ideal meeting place. During the day, I'm going to collect information about Larian's situation. Maybe seek out the Yevon and talk to them."

Drake wanted to see how Alistaire's rule affected Larian and how the Larian people felt about him.

[hey icarus wings, do you want our characters to meet in the chapel thingie?]

Creed
2010-11-27, 05:41 PM
Arashi decides to walk into the Maesters quarters and look around.

There are a complex of rooms, four apparent bedrooms with dusty bronze namesplates on them, a library, and a small study.

Zefir
2010-11-27, 05:55 PM
"At night? Is this really nessasary I like to see my enemy befor I split him eith my sword and I'm not the quiet with this armore so the darkness wouldn't cover me much."

Adell
2010-11-27, 06:16 PM
"Haha, I don't think there's any need for violence unless it's necessary. For all we know, they could just be verbally arguing. If we attack them headon, we'll attract the attention of Alistaire and that would not be very productive for us right now."

Drake was amused that Shiftblade would encourage violence when he was rebuked for wanting to fight a gang.

"Perhaps you could put your armor in your pack and take it out if we decide to fight them?"

Zefir
2010-11-27, 06:38 PM
The last words make Eon laugth very loud. After he got down from his conniption he turned to Drake.

"You are so funny. Put the armore away into a bag that isn't big enougth and then but it on in less than a seound? OK maybe their is a bag that could hold it, but we are not in some kind of game where you press abutton and *pff* you wear an armor that in real you need two person to help."

Then he turn to a very serious face.

"I just think if I will go with a person like you, a fight isn't very odd."

Adell
2010-11-27, 06:56 PM
"Well, my armor, I can easily store away, but if yours is too cumbersome to easily put on, I understand."

Drake thought about what would be the best option and said, "Fair enough, after we eat, shall we leave for the docks then?"

Critical
2010-11-27, 07:12 PM
"Well, since you are collecting information already, I'm going gambling through the day, KUPO! Does someone has spare 50 gil? I'll return them back as soon as we meet again, kupo!"

He then tones down his excitement and calmly says: "Oh. Well, that works too, I guess, kupo."

DualShadow
2010-11-28, 12:34 AM
Creed, tell me the price for the meals

If you wish to to gamble, the rest of the day little friend, I could lend you some gil. After all you did investigate for us, so let us repay your investigation by offering you some free time.

Creed
2010-11-28, 12:51 AM
Creed, tell me the price for the meals

If you wish to to gamble, the rest of the day little friend, I could lend you some gil. After all you did investigate for us, so let us repay your investigation by offering you some free time.

Oh, yeah, the meals are 6 gil a piece.

IcarusWings
2010-11-28, 07:44 AM
[B][hey icarus wings, do you want our characters to meet in the chapel thingie?]

(I was thinking more, we both ended up attacking Alistaire/the Gang at the same time and met. But it's not really my decision, so...)

There are a complex of rooms, four apparent bedrooms with dusty bronze namesplates on them, a library, and a small study.

Arashi enters the study and searches all the draws and closets for any clues.

Creed
2010-11-28, 08:04 AM
(I was thinking more, we both ended up attacking Alistaire/the Gang at the same time and met. But it's not really my decision, so...)

Arashi enters the study and searches all the draws and closets for any clues.

One drawer containsn a family photo of a young girl, two teenage boys, and a pair of middle-aged parents. The frame is cracked.
But that is not all.
In the large fireplace, there are still warm ashes.\
DUNH DUNH DUHHH!

DualShadow
2010-11-28, 06:47 PM
(Edit pending Critical's answer)

After eating, Nate stand up and ask the barkeep:

Sorry to bother you again barman but is there a library around these parts or some other kind of legal documents repository?

This town records could prove useful to keep track of who bought what house and when, maybe leading to Alistaire himself. Also if Alistaire is interested in machina maybe he is some kind of scholar so a library would be a good place to stumble upon him. As for this rag tag group, half of them wanna go for the bounty and the other half have no interest in it.

Hmmm what should I do, on the surface this town seem to have improved, even if a bit strict and surely I will not be able to talk to Alistaire if we come as a group in which half want to kill him for the money. Ony one way then ... I must find him before them.

Creed
2010-11-28, 07:12 PM
The largest library around is in the ol' chapel of Yevon, where the Maester use to live. Huge place, bigger than the other two-bit repositories of knowledge around 'ere.

DualShadow
2010-11-28, 07:30 PM
Thank you very much.

With that Nate start to head to the door and over his shoulder add:
I hope you guys have some luck at the docks, I will be at one of the libraries in town.

Once out of the inn, Nate head toward the old chapel, asking direction if needed.

Creed
2010-11-28, 07:32 PM
The chapel, being so damn big, is fairly easy to find.
Besides the main chapel, there is the library, four rooms with dusty nameplates on the doors, and one, unmarked room with the door slightly ajar.

DualShadow
2010-11-28, 08:07 PM
Heading toward the ajared door, Nate read the plates on each door. With each step Nate take, he listen to any sign of presence and watch for disturbed dust on the floor, near the door he taken a look inside the opened space between the wall and the door for anything, light or otherwise.

If no important info is discovered or check needed, Nate open the door, otherwise ill wait for your post.

Creed
2010-11-28, 08:19 PM
Something is in the ajared door room, fo' sho'.

The nameplates read as follows:
-Damascus and Aleria
-Myra
-Darius and Makin
-Alistaire

DualShadow
2010-11-28, 08:28 PM
Hmmm, they used to live in there, must be their old rooms.

With the knowledge of something else being in the room at the top of his mind, Nate open the door of the unmarked room.

Adell
2010-11-28, 09:51 PM
"Well, since he's headed off as well, shall we go, Shiftblade?"

"Is anyone else joining us?"
Drake looked at the remaining people, wondering if they'd go and investigate as well.

IcarusWings
2010-11-29, 02:40 AM
Hmmm... Someone's been here recently Arashi muses after noticing the warm embers. He decides to check around the chapel more, and goes into the library. He sees the plates on the doors.
Alistaire? He walks into the room with Alistaire on it's name plate.

Fearan
2010-11-29, 04:51 AM
I'll go take a flight. Maybe, could see somthing from the sky - sctuslly. Aquilan just wanted o take a nice flight after speacking with that assassin guy and didn't really want to work with him. But he said nothing about it.

Creed
2010-11-29, 10:59 AM
Hmmm, they used to live in there, must be their old rooms.

With the knowledge of something else being in the room at the top of his mind, Nate open the door of the unmarked room.

Hmmm... Someone's been here recently Arashi muses after noticing the warm embers. He decides to check around the chapel more, and goes into the library. He sees the plates on the doors.
Alistaire? He walks into the room with Alistaire on it's name plate.

And character meeting!

Zefir
2010-11-29, 11:58 AM
"Well lets go ask questions. BUT if you start a fight without beeing attack physical or magical I will Think about the side I fight just to remember."

Eon stands up and goes its way, waiting if anyone of the others join in, too.

IcarusWings
2010-11-29, 12:52 PM
And character meeting!

(Actually, we're currently in different rooms. We're definitely close to a meeting though:smallbiggrin:)

Creed
2010-11-29, 01:15 PM
(Actually, we're currently in different rooms. We're definitely close to a meeting though:smallbiggrin:)

He was entering the unmarked room, the study, which has only one entrance and exit. Therefore, unless you walked right through each other, then you would be meeting, I believe.

IcarusWings
2010-11-29, 03:33 PM
He was entering the unmarked room, the study, which has only one entrance and exit. Therefore, unless you walked right through each other, then you would be meeting, I believe.

(I know we will meet soon, but at the moment I am in the room marked "Alistaire" and he is in the unmarked one :smallamused:)

Creed
2010-11-29, 03:47 PM
(I know we will meet soon, but at the moment I am in the room marked "Alistaire" and he is in the unmarked one :smallamused:)

Confusion...
Whatever.

Anywho, Alistaire's old room is covered in dusty tomes and bits of parchment covered in writing. A schematic of some sort is on the wall (Knowledge, Machines, DC 8)

IcarusWings
2010-11-29, 03:59 PM
Knowledge: Machines [roll0]

Creed
2010-11-29, 04:45 PM
The blueprint seems to detail some type of vehicle, a single-wheeled bicycle being the only way to accurately describe it, powered by steam.

DualShadow
2010-11-29, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by DualShadow
Posted in OOC about the little confusion, and well do I interact with the Icarus or go into the now empty study?

Originally Posted by Creed
Yeah, interact with Icarus and tell him this was my response. However, as compromise, you guys are in Alistaire's room, as if you went in there upon entrance and found Icarus there.

As Nate enter Alistaire's room he find a tall blond-haired man, with a black trenchcoat and a sword strapped to his back. He is looking at some schematics on the wall.

Nate study the strange man intensively as the mysterious one turn his scarred face to confront the man in the door.

Alistaire would be older than you, so who are you plainswalker?

Adell
2010-11-29, 08:46 PM
"I'm not looking for a fight against the entire Al Bhed, so don't worry. I won't dash in there and start slicing everything up."

Drake walked through the inn door and headed off in the direction of the docks.

IcarusWings
2010-11-30, 01:22 AM
[SPOILER]

As Nate enter Alistaire's room he find a tall blond-haired man, with a black trenchcoat and a sword strapped to his back. He is looking at some schematics on the wall.

Nate study the strange man intensively as the mysterious one turn his scarred face to confront the man in the door.

Alistaire would be older than you, so who are you plainswalker?

Names are fickle things, ahuman desire to classify things, nothing more. I have no recollection of mine, but if you feel the need to name me, you may call me Arashi. I assume from your comment that you are on the lookout for Alistaire too?

Zefir
2010-11-30, 03:14 AM
"Just keep it in mind. No offer if it ever comes to term."

And since all splitt we are going to San francisco to the docks.

DualShadow
2010-11-30, 09:14 AM
Names are not only for classification, one might think that after they have lost theirs, but in thruth, if nothing more it help to indentify specific individual. But we can discuss philosophical meanings of names later on if you wish.

Nate advance into the room looking around, eyeing at the dusty tomes and layed-out scrolls.

Yes I am looking Alistaire, your question also leave it evident that your are also searching for him. But to what end? I doubt that one like you would do it purely for the bounty.

As he finish his last sentence, Nate eyes go to Arashi's stone sword analysing it.

IcarusWings
2010-11-30, 01:06 PM
Names are not only for classification, one might think that after they have lost theirs, but in thruth, if nothing more it help to indentify specific individual. But we can discuss philosophical meanings of names later on if you wish.

Nate advance into the room looking around, eyeing at the dusty tomes and layed-out scrolls.

Yes I am looking Alistaire, your question also leave it evident that your are also searching for him. But to what end? I doubt that one like you would do it purely for the bounty.

As he finish his last sentence, Nate eyes go to Arashi's stone sword analysing it.

He has a certain object that I want. Nothing valuable, just an old trinket owned by a friend of mine from before I lost my name. I want it.

Critical
2010-11-30, 01:11 PM
Getting a fair share of gil from the scholar, the moogle decided to get out and multiply them a few times, via his favorite technique of course... gambling.
Oogem started lurking around the tavern, looking for people, who were playing games, hopefully settling in to gamble with them.

DualShadow
2010-11-30, 02:02 PM
Do you know the mean by which mean he aquired that trinket? By this I mean will you be able to barter or use diplomacy to get it back or will you need to face him?

As Nate's gaze goes past the plainswalker's sword, the schematics on the wall catch Nate attention.

Lore (Everything) - INT 4 Rank, [roll0]

IcarusWings
2010-11-30, 02:35 PM
Do you know the mean by which mean he aquired that trinket? By this I mean will you be able to barter or use diplomacy to get it back or will you need to face him?

As Nate's gaze goes past the plainswalker's sword, the schematics on the wall catch Nate attention.

I don't know, all I know is he has it.

Noticing the stranger's attention to the parchment on the wall, Arashi brings it up Seems to be some sort of Steam-Powered single wheel bicycle. Can't for the life of me work out why that would be more attractive of an idea than a normal bicycle. If you know any more please tell.
By the way, how do you classify yourself? By a name?

DualShadow
2010-11-30, 03:22 PM
Simple, I do not classify who I am, I am just me. Names only serve to make social interactions easier. I was given the name Nate by my parents, this name given to me at birth while I still had done nothing, how could this classify me?

Nate looked at the schematics on the wall trying to discover their secrets, but htis only served as a shield to gain some time to solve his inner conflict.

I am just me, the sums of my actions, a repository of knowledge, I do not wish to make history but merely record it. I am a keeper of Knowledge, nothing more, I have spent 5 years inside the hidden library, gathering so many knowledges, far from anyone that could have judged me. Does being such a keeper make me who I am? Will meeting with the chief librarian in Bevelle reveal only another like me...?

I plugged in my quote !! Im awesome

Tell me, Arashi, having chosen that name for yourself, what does it means? Will all the Arashi in the world be like you? If you would have chosen to call yourself Nate, would you be like me? Does all plainswalker are like you?

Nate gazed upon Arashi with the face of pure undilluted interest, It only fed his thirst for knowledge, ... just like the first day in the hidden library....

IcarusWings
2010-11-30, 03:56 PM
Simple, I do not classify who I am, I am just me. Names only serve to make social interactions easier. I was given the name Nate by my parents, this name given to me at birth while I still had done nothing, how could this classify me?

Nate looked at the schematics on the wall trying to discover their secrets, but htis only served as a shield to gain some time to solve his inner conflict.

I am just me, the sums of my actions, a repository of knowledge, I do not wish to make history but merely record it. I am a keeper of Knowledge, nothing more, I have spent 5 years inside the hidden library, gathering so many knowledges, far from anyone that could have judged me. Does being such a keeper make me who I am? Will meeting with the chief librarian in Bevelle reveal only another like me...?

I plugged in my quote !! Im awesome

Tell me, Arashi, having chosen that name for yourself, what does it means? Will all the Arashi in the world be like you? If you would have chosen to call yourself Nate, would you be like me? Does all plainswalker are like you?

Nate gazed upon Arashi with the face of pure undilluted interest, It only fed his thirst for knowledge, ... just like the first day in the hidden library....

Well then Nate, if you must know, during the time in which I forgot my name, I learnt something new. I learnt an ancient language, though I do not know what it is. In that tongue, arashi means storm. I felt it apt, as what am I but a drifting storm cloud, unable to choose to where it blows, but always able to do something there.
I chose the name Arashi to represent myself, not in the hope that other Arashi's would be like me, but in the hope that storm's could be like me, that when anyone's sky is darkened by a storm, they can simply remember me, even if I can't remember myself.
It is not my name for other people, but my name for myself. I do not care what other people call me, a name is only a classification after all, or an identification as you say. What matters is the connection it represents. Not that they know your name, but that they know you. That is where companionship lies.

As fascinating as this discussion is, I think the others might prefer if we moved on. We can always continue this and other such discussions at a later time. Plus, my head hurts. My character may be wise, but I certainly am not, I'm just reasonably good at making myself sound wise (which, I suppose, is perfect for role playing).

EDIT: :smalleek: Holy crap I rambled on there :smalltongue:

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, we are both here to find Alistaire, we should pool our knowledge and skills. What do you know of him?

Fearan
2010-11-30, 05:20 PM
Meanwhile, Aquilan really went for a flight. He thought, he still had some money, so he could affort a day of a rest, and a relaxing slow flying. And if he could spot something interesting about the Al Bhed, or some other amusing stuff, that he could, for example sell to the bounty-loving assasin, it woulbe even better

Creed
2010-11-30, 05:29 PM
Getting a fair share of gil from the scholar, the moogle decided to get out and multiply them a few times, via his favorite technique of course... gambling.
Oogem started lurking around the tavern, looking for people, who were playing games, hopefully settling in to gamble with them.

A group of burly, blond men are playing a dice game at one of the tables near the stage, laughing and carrying on jovially.

You glean from the schematic that it is drivin forward by an object represented in the diagram as the variable R.

Meanwhile, Aquilan really went for a flight. He thought, he still had some money, so he could affort a day of a rest, and a relaxing slow flying. And if he could spot something interesting about the Al Bhed, or some other amusing stuff, that he could, for example sell to the bounty-loving assasin, it woulbe even better

The blond gang-leader who you assumed to be killed by the bounty hunter's shuriken is crouched in an alleyway in the harbor, surrounded by armed men, whispering and drawing with their fingers in the dust.

Fearan
2010-11-30, 05:47 PM
Whoah, now that's something. Let's take a closer look - Aquilan makes an attempt to land at the roof of some house nearby and check the situation out.

Creed
2010-11-30, 05:48 PM
Make a Stealth check to see if the men in the alley notice you.

Fearan
2010-11-30, 05:57 PM
No actual Stealth here, so just roll [roll0]

Creed
2010-11-30, 06:00 PM
Being deep in thought and conversation, they don't notice you land.

Fearan
2010-11-30, 06:04 PM
Ok, so Aquilan observes and listens, what those guys are planning

Creed
2010-11-30, 06:08 PM
Ok, so Aquilan observes and listens, what those guys are planning

You can't hear them from your position on the roof, their voices lowered. There is, however, a set of ladders and platforms leading down to the alley, connected to the roof and the windows of the floors below.
If a person were to be daring enough, they could climb down the metal staircase. You should be able to hear them from a floor below.
Stealth check if you try.:smallamused:

Fearan
2010-11-30, 06:33 PM
Damn thugs were to quiet to listen. There was a chance to climb down the stairs, but that was rather risky - too easy to spot. If you're going by the rules, that is. Now who would want to do such stupid things.
Aquilan concentrated - it was time for a little cheating.

*Well, I'll try Intuitive magic - Time magic also works with space, gravity and such. So, I'll try to create a spell, that makes anyone looking at the stairs, actually see the space couple of meters to the right. Or left - doesn't make a difference. Then, protected by that spell I easily take needed position*

Creed
2010-11-30, 06:38 PM
:smalleek:
Woah.

That's such a intuitive way to do it, I'll let it work today for taking you down the stairs.:smallbiggrin:

The thug leader is talking to the other men about his recent defeat.
Due to your previous experience with such objects, you recognize that the other men are carrying firearms.

Fearan
2010-11-30, 06:51 PM
As the thug leader continued to tell the pitiful story of his inompetence, Aquilan continued to listen he was most interested of thug's friends reaction - would they just laugh at him, or would they plot a revenge of some sort. Or maybe they will just go and try to beat the crap out of Drake? Anyway that was really worth listening

Creed
2010-11-30, 06:59 PM
The men nod and a few stand up, along with the leader, to go.

DualShadow
2010-11-30, 07:30 PM
Wise words, Arashi, very well then. From what I heard Alistaire has made the life of Larian's villagers better through Machina and help from the Al Bhed. Those same Al Bhed hang around the docks and are trying to salvage the sunken city under the moonflow.

As from Alistaire himself, I was told that he wielded lightning as a weapon. I also know that he publicly denounced the teachings of Yevon, which is the primary reason why I am here.

Shifting to point at the schematics on the wall:

That single wheeled bicycle is made to move foward by a piece that is represented by the letter R, which does not tell us much if R still remain in its variable state.

Between his though Nate try to remember if the language appeared in any of the books he have read.

Language - INT 4 Rank [roll0]

Creed
2010-11-30, 10:14 PM
Wise words, Arashi, very well then. From what I heard Alistaire has made the life of Larian's villagers better through Machina and help from the Al Bhed. Those same Al Bhed hang around the docks and are trying to salvage the sunken city under the moonflow.

As from Alistaire himself, I was told that he wielded lightning as a weapon. I also know that he publicly denounced the teachings of Yevon, which is the primary reason why I am here.

Shifting to point at the schematics on the wall:

That single wheeled bicycle is made to move foward by a piece that is represented by the letter R, which does not tell us much if R still remain in its variable state.

Between his though Nate try to remember if the language appeared in any of the books he have read.

You are unable to glean any information on the script describing the bike.

Adell
2010-11-30, 10:19 PM
hey creed, can you give us the setting for the docks? shiftblade and drake have walked there.

Creed
2010-11-30, 10:21 PM
hey creed, can you give us the setting for the docks? shiftblade and drake have walked there.

Ah.
Well, you see, the docks comprise of jettys strung between floating buildings, forming a sort of floating city.
Really quite common.

DualShadow
2010-11-30, 10:32 PM
And on another though, Nate try to remember the ancient language Arashi is talking about. The one from which he took his name.

Adell
2010-11-30, 10:32 PM
"Well, this looks like the place. I wonder where everyone is."

Drake glances over the docks and looks for the Al Bhed and Yevonites, trying to discern where the fights are occurring.

Zefir
2010-12-01, 06:07 AM
"Time to search I think."

Eon walks around searching for the mentioned fight.

Creed
2010-12-01, 07:36 AM
And on another though, Nate try to remember the ancient language Arashi is talking about. The one from which he took his name.

No dice

"Well, this looks like the place. I wonder where everyone is."

Drake glances over the docks and looks for the Al Bhed and Yevonites, trying to discern where the fights are occurring.

"Time to search I think."

Eon walks around searching for the mentioned fight.

There is no all-out brawl per say, but there are assorted groups of Yevonists and Al Bhed argueing throughout the docks.

Zefir
2010-12-01, 07:44 AM
At that case Eon searches for a place near the groups where he doesn't take any position to one of the groups. And he listens to then dicussion.

Critical
2010-12-01, 11:28 AM
A group of burly, blond men are playing a dice game at one of the tables near the stage, laughing and carrying on jovially.

"Hey there, fellas, kupo! Fun game you seem to be having there, kupo! Mind if I join in, kupo? Name's Oogem, by the way, kupo."

Negotiation check for attitude improvement, yadda yadda: [roll0]

Creed
2010-12-01, 05:01 PM
"Hey there, fellas, kupo! Fun game you seem to be having there, kupo! Mind if I join in, kupo? Name's Oogem, by the way, kupo."

Negotiation check for attitude improvement, yadda yadda: [roll0]

They welcome you into the group, and explain the rules.
The object of the game iis for every player to roll 2d6. The highest roller wins. Fairly simple.

At that case Eon searches for a place near the groups where he doesn't take any position to one of the groups. And he listens to then dicussion.

The main focus is that the Vevonites are afraid the Al Bhed will unleash the evils of the past if they excavate down there.

Adell
2010-12-01, 05:57 PM
Drake asks the Yevonites, "What evils are down there anyways?"

He wonders what would come up if the Al Bhed did dig up the sunken city.

Zefir
2010-12-01, 06:01 PM
Eon again just wants to listen.

Creed
2010-12-01, 06:02 PM
Drake asks the Yevonites, "What evils are down there anyways?"

He wonders what would come up if the Al Bhed did dig up the sunken city.

An invincible machina! A beast that will go and aid Sin in it's brutal conquest! This cannot be allowed! one particularly zealotic man shouts.

Adell
2010-12-01, 07:16 PM
Drake asked, "This is my first time hearing about Sin. I assume from your language that this Sin is some type person that wants to take over the world. Do the Al Bhed know that this Sin is buried with the city?"

Creed
2010-12-01, 07:29 PM
WAAAAH?!
The Yevonite is astounded.
You've never heard of SIN!? Sin is the great beast that is our punishment for machina use in the ancient past! And the Al Bhed think the machina in the sunken city is just a machina with extraordinary power! They do not understand that it will merge with Sin itself, creating a being that even Summoners will not be able to banish for a time! There will be no Calm if the Al Bhed are allowed to continue!

Adell
2010-12-01, 07:52 PM
"That sounds pretty serious. I think I need to talk to the Al Bhed about this."

Drake turns to the Al Bhed and asks, "What do you guys think about these accusations? You're not all trying to resurrect Sin, are you?"

Creed
2010-12-01, 08:14 PM
"That sounds pretty serious. I think I need to talk to the Al Bhed about this."

Drake turns to the Al Bhed and asks, "What do you guys think about these accusations? You're not all trying to resurrect Sin, are you?"

Sin is already around, floating off some place destroying things. This machina that we are trying to bring up from the sunken city is not a Sin-empowering device! If it was, why would Sin sink the city containing it? It doesn't make sense! These are religious fanatics outwardly opposing the true ruler of this city by limiting our salvaging rights to the Moonflow!

Zefir
2010-12-01, 08:31 PM
" Thats nice both sides think the other use whatever is sunk here to destroy their side."

Just waiting for the next action that may come up.

Adell
2010-12-01, 09:20 PM
Drake looks to Shiftblade and says, "We can return to the inn to talk to the others about what we've discovered."

"Personally, I think we should head down to the sunken city and check for ourselves. We're the most unbiased party here and we can bring along someone who understands the ancient machines and see whether the machines can help bring about Sin."

Fearan
2010-12-02, 06:18 AM
Aquilan returns to Nevermore and follows thugs by air.

Creed
2010-12-02, 07:21 AM
Aquilan returns to Nevermore and follows thugs by air.

They're walking the streets, going no where in particular.

Critical
2010-12-02, 07:50 AM
"Lets play big, fellas, kupo! 50 gil, how about that, kupo?"" - Oogem asks in a cocky tone.

Zefir
2010-12-02, 11:43 AM
"Yeah Drake that may be an option or we watch them until the situation colaps."

Eon stands up to have a better view but than walks of to the tavern.

"Ah fights of these partys are boring let's go."

Adell
2010-12-02, 01:15 PM
Drake follows Shiftblade, hoping there's more action to be had back at the tavern.

Creed
2010-12-02, 05:50 PM
"Lets play big, fellas, kupo! 50 gil, how about that, kupo?"" - Oogem asks in a cocky tone.

You're on, litter felluh.
On particularly drunk Al Bhed throws down 50 gil. The others are too consider the wager.
He rolls the dice:
[roll0]

The burly man gawks at his roll, his jaw practically coming unhinged as the onlookers laugh out loud.

IcarusWings
2010-12-03, 02:05 AM

Hmmm... Sounds like a lot of the villagers seem to like him. We may face hostility from the populace if we move against. We'll have to act carefully.

Interesting... I wonder as to the importance of this.

Adell
2010-12-03, 02:18 AM
"Shiftblade, it appears as though we are the first back. I'm going to take a break until the rest show up."

Deciding it was the most beneficial thing to do, Drake slumped over his chair and promptly fell asleep.

Zefir
2010-12-03, 02:21 AM
Eon takes his seat silent.

Critical
2010-12-03, 08:09 AM
"Good start, kupo!" - the moogle says jokingly, rolling his dice. He had all the chances to win, he just needed not to roll a two himself, so he was pretty confident in his luck.

[roll0]

Grinning as he gets a better roll, he sweeps the cash over to himself. "Hehe, how about a hundred now, kupo?"

Noticing Eon and Drake, he called out to them. "Hey, how did it go, kupo?"

Also, Creed and everyone else, if around Oogem, use [rollv] instead of [roll], so I can reroll the extra-good dice on enemies and extra-bad on orselves with whatever that gambler's ability roll was(I think I can re-roll enemies rolls, right?) :smalltongue:

Adell
2010-12-03, 12:02 PM
Drake wakes up from hearing Oogem's voice and looks for him before replying, "As it turns out, both the Yevon and Al Bhed think each other are endangering the city. What we know for sure is that the city underneath has powerful machines and some monster called Sin is trying to take over the world. What we don't know is whether the machines will prevent or bring out Sin."

Drake yawned and continued, "I think we should explore the sunken city as a group and decide which side is right."

"It looks as though you're doing pretty well at dice though."

Fearan
2010-12-03, 03:07 PM
Flying itself was wonderful - sunny day, gentle breeze, and such. But it was rather boring to spy on the thugs, and it was dinner time soon. So, Aquilan moved to the tavern. Where he spotted the fellow Elvaan.
- Greetings, mr Drake, so how was the haven?

DualShadow
2010-12-03, 03:36 PM
I say we try to find Alistaire in peace, I want to talk to him. If anything wrong come out of it, I know of a group that seem to insist on the fact of confronting him in battle. I originally came here to search through old records that could show Alistaire currant dwelling place. Care to help?

With this Nate start heading toward the door, turning his head to look at Arashi, to see if he is coming.

Creed
2010-12-03, 04:53 PM
The Al Bhed growls at the moogle and walks out.
You may notice that he accidentally, in his drunkenness, but down 60 gil instead of 50! WHAT LUCK!
The others are wary to challenge you now, especially for such high stakes.

Critical
2010-12-03, 05:31 PM
"Aww, come on, he didn't even hold the dice right, lets play, kupo!"

[roll0] - negotiation check to get em to play. :smallcool:

IcarusWings
2010-12-03, 05:42 PM
I say we try to find Alistaire in peace, I want to talk to him. If anything wrong come out of it, I know of a group that seem to insist on the fact of confronting him in battle. I originally came here to search through old records that could show Alistaire currant dwelling place. Care to help?

With this Nate start heading toward the door, turning his head to look at Arashi, to see if he is coming.

By all means, lead the way my friend Arashi follows Nate out of the room.

Adell
2010-12-03, 06:05 PM
Drake hears the other Elvaan talking to him and replied, "Hello Aquilan, from what we've learned from the port, we still cannot determine which side is right. Once the scholar is back, we should have a discussion about where to proceed next. Did you learn anything interesting?"

Fearan
2010-12-03, 06:19 PM
- It seems, you didn't kill that guy from morning fight. And I think, he'll come after you with some friends. I saw some guns, so it may be pretty ugly. - Aquilan really wanted to add something like "You suck as an assassin", but held himself - that wasn't the proper time and place - And what with that sunken city? Heard something of it? - he added

Adell
2010-12-03, 08:37 PM
"I see, thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to watch my back. Drake wondered whether this group would help him take down the gang or just leave him. Hmmm, well, either way, this'll be interesting.
3 on 1 is pretty hard :P

"As for the sunken city, we've only learned that there are powerful machines down there. Whether they have the ability to be used by Sin or not is unknown."

Creed
2010-12-03, 11:16 PM
"Aww, come on, he didn't even hold the dice right, lets play, kupo!"

[roll0] - negotiation check to get em to play. :smallcool:

They refuse to play against you, but at least they don't mutter anything about you hexing the dice.:smalltongue:

DualShadow
2010-12-04, 02:28 AM
Nate spend the rest of the day looking at old records, ownership of houses and any legal traces of transaction that could be used to trace Alistaire. May it be from the old temple or one of the other two libraries in Larian.

If needed (In order to accelerate the search) (Will try to search for Alistaire if found early, else I dont know yet):
Lore (Everything) - INT 4 Rank [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Use from top to bottom.

Fearan
2010-12-04, 03:29 AM
Eehh, hello? - Aquilan looked pretty confused - Air to earth, air to earth, respond. You're talking about THAT sin, right? Giant Machina-eating monster? It DESTROYS any tech, not uses it.That why there is that stupid prohibitation to use machines.

Adell
2010-12-04, 03:57 AM
what are you talking about? i did respond to your post.

Drake wondered why the Yevonites believed otherwise, "That's very strange. Why would the Yevonites be under the impression that the machina can help Sin then?"

Zefir
2010-12-04, 06:30 AM
"What the gang is comming for the ninja. Will be nice to see how this goes."

Eon just sits on his char listening.

Fearan
2010-12-04, 11:10 AM
I'm confused about Sin-helping machina.
Wait, so the Yevonites said, that it could be the Sin-helping machina - now the Elvaan was even more lost. - They forgot their own dogma, or what? Jeez, never liked the cultists, but they really went crazy this time

IcarusWings
2010-12-04, 05:23 PM
Arashi parts with Nate and wanders around town, trying to find out as much as he can about Alistaire.

Inquiry [roll0]

Critical
2010-12-04, 05:33 PM
"Oh well, it was nice playing with you, kupo." - the moogle says getting up from his seat and walking to his teammates. "Wait, that sin, kupo?"

Adell
2010-12-04, 08:47 PM
Drake did not understand how the Yevonites and Al Bhed worked their ideologies out. Frankly, he thought it to be completely pointless. We should just see for ourselves and take down the people that try to stop us.

"I really have no idea how all of that stuff works, which is why I think we should determine where to go now. Should we go after Alistaire, explore the sunken city, what do you all think?"

Creed
2010-12-04, 11:04 PM
Nate spend the rest of the day looking at old records, ownership of houses and any legal traces of transaction that could be used to trace Alistaire. May it be from the old temple or one of the other two libraries in Larian.

If needed (In order to accelerate the search) (Will try to search for Alistaire if found early, else I dont know yet):
Lore (Everything) - INT 4 Rank [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Use from top to bottom.

In Alistaire's room at the temple, you find something very pertaining.
Young Alistaire's journal.
The entries are held by titles instead of dates, making the timeframe unknown but relating some information.
An example of a random page:
Lineage
Spent day in library. Found a book, must remember to ask M. about it. Sister spent alot of time in room today. Brothers working in city, probably training to be goody-two shoes themselves, like father.
Book, anyways, something about a family tree. Can't decode. Maybe M. will know.
Another:
Frieze
Spent day in town with M., talking with the people. They all seem so sad. Saw a young boy dying of a sickness that we couldn't cure. Where are the White Magi when people on the street die? Do they only care about those who have faith in Yevon still? The poor can't afford to give alms, can't afford to believe. Belief is weakness. Weakness is death.
Yet another:
Crossreference
M. and Sister helped me today in the library, Section R. Family in Macalania for a while, left us here with Steward. Kept looking for a way to save that boy I saw on the streets earlier. No luck. Yet.

Just to name a few. The book is literally full of information.

Arashi parts with Nate and wanders around town, trying to find out as much as he can about Alistaire.

Inquiry [roll0]

You come across a young man, no more than 20 years old.
I met the man, once. When I was a child, I was stricked by a terrible sickness. Alistaire cured my ailments.

DualShadow
2010-12-04, 11:52 PM
Now, where would that library be, in which one was he spending his time? Section R, Variable R, who is M.? Alistaire hate Yevon's teaching, he team up with the Al Bhed, the Al Bhed are salvaging the sunken city... maybe the sunken city have a library, would be the perfect place to find lores and information against Yevon!

Hastily, Nate head toward the sunken city, reading as he moved, trying to uncover some more info, maybe the fate of the young lad, clues about the whereabout of the library, his sister or maybe the true nature of the M. character.

Creed
2010-12-05, 08:51 AM
Now, where would that library be, in which one was he spending his time? Section R, Variable R, who is M.? Alistaire hate Yevon's teaching, he team up with the Al Bhed, the Al Bhed are salvaging the sunken city... maybe the sunken city have a library, would be the perfect place to find lores and information against Yevon!

Hastily, Nate head toward the sunken city, reading as he moved, trying to uncover some more info, maybe the fate of the young lad, clues about the whereabout of the library, his sister or maybe the true nature of the M. character.

This would be the perfect plan to uncover Alistaire's past.
But as you exit the room, back into the chapel, there is a black cloaked man blocking the closed exit, wagging his finger ominously.

DualShadow
2010-12-05, 10:21 AM
Carefully examining the cloaked man (slow action Study), Nate come to an halt around 15 feets from him.

Cloaked man, wagging his finger as if disaproving of something, chances are, either my being here or the journal I am trying to carry away. Also it is either by a random chance that I stumble upon him or some kind of alarm ward was placed on the room or journal. It wouldnt be far fetched to assume this is Alistaire.

Awaiting either the man's questionning or the soon to come result of his examination, Nate kept the heavy silence.

Creed
2010-12-05, 10:55 AM
He stands up and sticks out a hand.
Book. his voice is soft but commanding, his hand black gloved.

DualShadow
2010-12-05, 11:30 AM
It is then a safe guess to assume that you are Alistaire. Or if not, I wish to speak with him.

Nate place the book in front of him but not as if giving it away, only to place it in the center of attention.

Fearan
2010-12-05, 04:03 PM
My vote is for the sunken city - less politics, more adventure. - for the very first time, Aquilan's voice sounded ethusiastic. - Besides, it could be even more profitable, than going for crappy cultist's bounty.

Zefir
2010-12-05, 05:19 PM
"Hopfully we will find our desteny down there."

Eon stand up from his seat.

"Well. Where is the rest?"

Creed
2010-12-05, 05:59 PM
It is then a safe guess to assume that you are Alistaire. Or if not, I wish to speak with him.

Nate place the book in front of him but not as if giving it away, only to place it in the center of attention.

The figure makes a "huh?" noise.
Alice-stair?
He drops his outstretched hand and gestures to the chapel around them.
Say shun err?

Adell
2010-12-05, 08:23 PM
"Well, since it is a group vote, I guess we're heading off to the sunken city. The only one who is not back is Nate, but he's been gone for a long time. I think the best we can do is go to the sunken city and leave a message with the innkeeper."

Creed
2010-12-05, 08:44 PM
"Well, since it is a group vote, I guess we're heading off to the sunken city. The only one who is not back is Nate, but he's been gone for a long time. I think the best we can do is go to the sunken city and leave a message with the innkeeper."

I'll tell 'em that you all went off fer the docks. Don't chu werry.

DualShadow
2010-12-05, 10:10 PM
I am sorry, but I do not understand you. Do you have a name?

Creed
2010-12-05, 10:13 PM
I am sorry, but I do not understand you. Do you have a name?

He shoves a finger into his chest.
Mordacai.
He points at you.
Alice-stair?
He raises his arms to the room.
Say-shun err?

DualShadow
2010-12-05, 10:18 PM
Mordacai..... maybe he is M.

Greetings Mordacai.

Pointing at himself: Nate

Me is looking for Alistaire, pointing at himself again, then pointing at his eyes and finally at the plate on Alistaire's door.

Creed
2010-12-05, 10:21 PM
Mordacai..... maybe he is M.

Greetings Mordacai.

Pointing at himself: Nate

Me is looking for Alistaire, pointing at himself again, then pointing at his eyes and finally at the plate on Alistaire's door.

Say-shur err?
Where say-shun err?
Mordecai look for Alice-stair no. Look for say-shun err.
He draws a box on the ground in the dust.
Say-shun
He draws an R inside it.
Err, yes?

DualShadow
2010-12-05, 10:28 PM
Section R, something about the library and Section R is in the book too.... also the R variable...

I do not know where Section R is, but I can show you something with R. Please follow me.

Nate head toward Alistaire's room, showing the schematics with the variable R...Who know maybe the man is a genius. With some difficulty....

Creed
2010-12-05, 10:32 PM
The man grabs a random book off a shelf and produces a writing instrument, scribbling in the back with zealous fury.
Err, yes? Err is, the, ah, crystal. You see, schematic is, um, displaced.
He turns the schemtatic of the bike sideways.
The schematic now shows what appears to be a pod of some sort.
Err power pod, keep working, yes?

DualShadow
2010-12-05, 10:38 PM
So this pod is powered by a crystal, I understand. Do you know the goal of this pod?

Nate also take a second view at the schematics. Trying to see it in a new way.

Don't know if it warrant another lore but ill roll just in case.

Lore (Everything) - INT 4 Rank : [roll0]

Creed
2010-12-05, 10:43 PM
Eh, preserve. Live, bring forward into live, yes?

DualShadow
2010-12-05, 10:55 PM
A statis pod, designed to preserve its occupant during a great amount of time, I have read about it yes, thought the technology was lost in the great machina war.

Taking a ledger, Nate scribble about that discovery.
Now the perfect place to find that.... would be the Sunken Ruins, do you know of these ruins? Maybe the section R is there.

Creed
2010-12-05, 11:00 PM
A statis pod, designed to preserve its occupant during a great amount of time, I have read about it yes, thought the technology was lost in the great machina war.

Taking a ledger, Nate scribble about that discovery.
Now the perfect place to find that.... would be the Sunken Ruins, do you know of these ruins? Maybe the section R is there.

Yes, say-shun err! Exactaly! But ruins, very far from surface. Follow.
He walks out and towards the library, and pulls down his hood, revealing a young man with neon green hair and angular features, beady black eyes resting in his skull.

DualShadow
2010-12-05, 11:05 PM
Interesting features.... experimentation gone wrong perharps?

Nate follow Mordecai.
You don't have to answer if you dont want to but I would like to know about you.

Creed
2010-12-05, 11:12 PM
Mordecai come from far away. Very far. Poor family. Mother die when Mordecai very young. Sister did awful things to buy medicine for half-dead father. I leave them, go to get money. I come back, family dead. I have book. Book says that say-shun err is near here. Say-shun err bring them back. Say-shun err I will find.
He starts rooting through the library.

DualShadow
2010-12-05, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear that. I have known my parents for about 6 years before I somehow were left alone in the streets, never found them back. I don't know the extend of whats in the ruins but I hope it can help you.

Creed
2010-12-06, 07:14 AM
Mordecai also hopes for this.
He continues pulling book after book off of the shelves, throwing them over his shoulders as he works.

DualShadow
2010-12-06, 04:41 PM
You say you have a book talking about the section R, mind showing it to me? I wish to study its content.

As Nate try to stand out of the of falling book's way.

Creed
2010-12-06, 04:51 PM
You say you have a book talking about the section R, mind showing it to me? I wish to study its content.

As Nate try to stand out of the of falling book's way.

Mordecai produces a grey book from his coat and tosses it to you.

DualShadow
2010-12-06, 04:56 PM
Carefully opening it (Nate took an habits of carefully opening all books, after all he did spent 5 years with old tomes and such), Nate start reading some of the pages, to get an idea of what is inside because now is not the perfect time to sit and read peacefully.

Creed
2010-12-06, 05:07 PM
Most of the book is in a different language.
(DC 14)
That that remains details the statis pod's existance in Section R, and suggesting it's location well guarded by the devout of Yevon to prevent the use of the Machina inside.

DualShadow
2010-12-06, 05:24 PM

Need a ten, ouch.

Also, I hope that Mordecai is gonna find something in those shelves soon.

Creed
2010-12-06, 05:40 PM
Mordecai has cleared the shelves, revealing the barren walls behind them, he sits on a table, thinking.
The book details Section R, a laboratory and library created by a group of genius Al Bhed shortly after Sin's appearance. the Ultimate Goal of Section R was to create a superweapon that would destroy Sin. Because of their destructive intent, Yevonites eliminated the scientists one at a time until only one remained, who spent the ret of his life secluded in Section R, hoping to find a way to extend his natural lifespan to live long enough to create a superweapon. The Statis Pod, later referenced in the journal of a long-dead explorer, is shown to be the scientists method of extending his life.
Due to the nature of his seclusion, it is unknown if the scientist actually succeeded in creating a weapon that could defeat Sin.

DualShadow
2010-12-06, 06:19 PM
What are you thinking about Mordecai? A way to the sunken ruins?

Clearly not knowing what to do with Mordecai, Nate can only wait after him, nothing in his library could have prepared him for such an unusual social encounter.

Creed
2010-12-06, 06:21 PM
What are you thinking about Mordecai? A way to the sunken ruins?

Clearly not knowing what to do with Mordecai, Nate can only wait after him, nothing in his library could have prepared him for such an unusual social encounter.

Yes. I assumed a secret entrance somewhere in the library, but apparently I was incorrect.

DualShadow
2010-12-06, 06:39 PM
Maybe the Al Bhed at the dock will have a way of getting to the ruins?

Creed
2010-12-06, 06:50 PM
No, they will claim the statis pod for themselves instead of allowing me to use it.

DualShadow
2010-12-06, 07:03 PM
Then we find it ourself, or find Alistaire, his journal allow me to think he might have some insight on Section R whereabout. If the Yevonite kept the secret it, so it would be normal for them to have a secret access to the ruins somewhere in their dwellings.

Nate start to slowly pace around the room, after a short while if uninterrupted, leave the room to pace around the whole temple.

Creed
2010-12-06, 07:13 PM
Then we find it ourself, or find Alistaire, his journal allow me to think he might have some insight on Section R whereabout. If the Yevonite kept the secret it, so it would be normal for them to have a secret access to the ruins somewhere in their dwellings.

Nate start to slowly pace around the room, after a short while if uninterrupted, leave the room to pace around the whole temple.

This is why I believe here would have passage. But there is none... he trails off.

Adell
2010-12-06, 07:43 PM
Drake walked back to the docks with the others and looked for the groups to talk to.

"Hey, since you Al Bhed and Yevonites can't seem to agree with one another on the danger of the machina, how about we act as a third party and investigate for ourselves? We'll give you all full detailed reports that you can look over afterwards."

Negotiation - SPR
[roll0] these rolls are terrible. >.>

Critical
2010-12-06, 07:53 PM
Noticing the Drake's poor attempt at diplomacy and quickly getting, that he's probably better with weapons than with words, Oogem attempts to fit in his own word.

"Don't misinterpret my friend here, what he meant was, that we want to help you settle this and we'll do so to the best of our abilities and you can count on our impartiality, kupo."

Your rolls are just below average, Adell. Did you suddenly remember, that you didn't have ranks in negotiation after rolling? :smallbiggrin: Leave the diplomacing to the freaking party face! :smallwink:

Anyways, negotiation check to top Drake's check: [roll0]

Creed
2010-12-06, 08:07 PM
Noticing the Drake's poor attempt at diplomacy and quickly getting, that he's probably better with weapons than with words, Oogem attempts to fit in his own word.

"Don't misinterpret my friend here, what he meant was, that we want to help you settle this and we'll do so to the best of our abilities and you can count on our impartiality."

Your rolls are just below average, Adell. Did you suddenly remember, that you didn't have ranks in negotiation after rolling? :smallbiggrin: Leave the diplomacing to the freaking party face! :smallwink:

Anyways, negotiation check to top Drake's check: [roll0]

They parties seem hesitant.
How do plan to get down there, anyways?! one Yevonite asks, You some kinda Al Bhed Machina Worshippers?!
Mutters of dissent and agreement spring up among the two parties.

DualShadow
2010-12-06, 08:14 PM
Well, we seem to be at an impass, I propose that we go and meet up with some acquiantances of mine, they might have a trick or 2 in their sleeves, how does that sound Mordecai?

As Nate slowly shift toward the temple's door.

Creed
2010-12-06, 08:26 PM
This idea has merit. Maybe your friends have a plan. Mordecai follows.
Upon arrival at the tavern, the bartender informs you that your comrades have set off to the docks not long ago.

DualShadow
2010-12-06, 08:32 PM
Well thank you my good man, here is for your service.

Nate give the barkeep 2 gil before heading out.

Well then, things couldnt be better.

Well Mordecai, looks like the group went to the docks, which mean, even nearer to the ruins and maybe to what we seek.

With this, Nate head toward the docks, hoping to catch them before they head into the ruins.