PDA

View Full Version : The Reservoir



Murky_Pool
2006-10-05, 05:23 AM
This natural lake is the main water supply for the town.

This lake is supplied by a mountain river, on the south bank is a grey bolcky building that houses the machinery that a major reservior requires.

Due to recent problems with employees abandoning their posts to go fishing or swimming the machinery has been automed with a series of hardened spells.

The lake can be used by anyone, but there are warning signs posted on the banks
"Warning - Water Activities taken entirely at your own risk

No responsibility is accepted by the Council for accident, loss or theft"

There is a road leading to the building, the door that the road ends at has a sign on it
"No Entry - Authorised Personnel Only"

((No NPC's here, feel free to swim, fish or go boating. The sunset over the water is lovely if you happen to see it, much better if you're joined by an attractive member of the opposite sex))

Yarram
2006-10-05, 06:36 AM
A generic creature enters the reservior.
It looks around, seeing noone is there... The it wee's in the lake, giggles and runs off. ;D

Xerillum
2006-10-05, 07:55 AM
A Collosal red dragon pisses in the lake and flies off.

Sky_High
2006-10-05, 08:24 AM
((No NPC's here, feel free to swim, fish or go boating. *The sunset over the water is lovely if you happen to see it, much better if you're joined by an attractive member of the opposite sex))

((Sigh))

npc4hire
2006-10-05, 03:50 PM
The librarian swoops down towards the bank surrounding the resevoir and lands with as much grace as a humanoid can. Her brother fails to land as neatly, trips and ends up face down in the grass. He gets to his feet and looks at her questioningly.

"Okay, we're here. What now?" he asks, breathing hard from the flight. The librarian shakes her head and tries to catch her breath. She furls her wings and sits down by the water's edge "Sis... come on, Mort told the guy not to say anything!" the rogue says, sitting next to her.

"I know."

"And he told you now."

"I heard." The rogue sighs, fearing that his sister is not going to speak at all. The librarian pulls her knees up to her chest, rests her chin on her knees and stares across the water. "It was Mortia or me whose trust he betrayed. He chose to betray mine. I know he had to make a choice. I know that's not easy. But he made it."

"And you think he made the wrong choice." The librarian nods, tears welling up in her eyes. "You've fallen in love with the wrong person too, Keff, way back in the ages. How'd you like it if I went up to them and said 'by the way, at one time, you could have totally had my sister'?" He cringes. "Well, I wouldn't say that as such-" The librarian smiles slightly.

"Yeah... I'd probably hit you if you did."

"Mort knows he can't have you. He didn't want you to know. That's fair enough, That he slipped up, well, that's unfortunate for Ares. If he'd known the guy was going to kiss you, he wouldn't have let it happen. He's the freakin' god of war! But he didn't know, so you can't blame him. Sure, it was your trust or his, but that's the way it goes." For a moment, the librarian stares out across the water.

"How am I supposed to work out these prophecies when the people they're about won't be straight with me, Stran?" She gets to her feet and folds her arms. "It's not just about me - we're going to fail at this rate because of pride, and fear... how can we work together like this?!"

The rogue shrugs.
"Well, you'll do it because you're sucker for punishment, Keff. And, you know, a paladin. The others... let them sort it out. Just do your bit and smite their backsides to get them in gear if you need to." He lies back on the grass and starts watching the clouds.

The librarian smiles at him, and then begins to wander around the water's edge.

------------------------------

As the evening turns cool, Libris and Libris take to the air again and fly back into town.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-05, 08:00 PM
((Sigh))


((Am I wrong to feel mildly insulted that somone new should post this or somone should take the trouble to make a guest account just to diss my intro?))

Gamerofthegame
2006-10-05, 09:06 PM
((I'd say yes, Just because it was a guest account.

However, Sigh. No Kerigan here then.))

Oh, and a flock of pigeons flies over the lake, soaring confidently. They then get into a draft of the used contents of a gnomish experiment, and for a moment green liquid orbs fall from the sky into the lake, before the pigeons themselves fall to the lake.

Yarram
2006-10-05, 10:57 PM
((
A Collosal red dragon pisses in the lake and flies off.
That just ruined it. Its only funny once, and its only funny when you use childrens words to describe it.))

Hoseki
2006-10-06, 06:36 AM
((Actually, it wasn't funny either time.))

Murky_Pool
2006-10-14, 09:35 PM
The red thing lands outside the building, unlocks the door and goes inside.

After a while it comes out, closes the door and locks it again, then flys over to the water.

After doing a few passes it lands on the roof of the building and looks round.

Not finding anything, it flys off again

AmberVael
2006-10-16, 02:34 PM
Iames and Verdandi appear and take seats next to the lake. They cuddle and pass the time until Iames gets back on has to leave.

vanyell
2006-10-16, 02:59 PM
yordan the cabbage grower wanders by, wityhout his normal supply of cabages, and sits down.

after a few minutes of sitting, he decides to go for a swim ((not metagaming the "wee-in-the-pool" thing))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-16, 07:25 PM
Iames gently disentangles himself from Verdandi's embrace and kisses her one more time. I have to go now, Vera. I'll be back in a day or two. He stands, rearranges his clothes, stops, then shrugs to himself. He looks over at the shore, sees some pretty orange and white wildflowers, and conjures a bouquet of them. Almost forgot a present for Aerin. I'll bring you something from home when I come back. Then he disappears in a flash of violet light.

AmberVael
2006-10-16, 10:04 PM
For a long time after he leaves, Verdandi remains at the reservoir, looking out over the lake and thinking of everything she has been through, and what the future might hold.
After a time, she gets up and flies to the police station.

Antagonist
2006-10-30, 07:30 AM
Helwick leads his horse to the door of the small building and ties it to a post.

Taking a key out of his pocket, he unlocks the door and opens it, then walks inside brandishing an ID card. After a few moments, he comes back outside and takes one of the ceramic urns off the horse and goes back into the building.

Some Time Passes-------------------------------------------------------
Helwick emerges and closes and locks the door, leaving a slight scratch on the faceplate. He walks to the water's edge and tips a clear coloured liquid into the water, then caps the urn and puts it back on the horse. With a last look at the water, he leads the horse back down the path.

A very slight sheen of magc spreads across the surface of the lake, diffusing fast and being absorbed into the water. Within minutes, all traces of contaminants are dissolved.

Hoseki
2006-10-30, 07:34 AM
((Gasp! Zomg!))

Bob Caygeon
2006-11-01, 08:50 AM
Bobs wanders upto the edge of the lake, reaches down and gently stirres the water with a faraway look in his eyes. A sudden noise of some of the local wildlife brings him back.

Perfect peaceful place of tranquility.

Turning away from the water Bob's looks out as if searching for something. Ahha Bob reaches down and pick up a rough white stone, and heads towards a tree. Once at the tree Bob scapes at it with the stone, leaving a message.

Turning back to the water Bob throws the stone into the lake and smiles. Slowly he takes of his outer garments, taking time to fold them neatly before walking back to the water.

I've won.

After uttering these final words Bob walk into the lake at waist height Bob lays back and floats on the water, smiling he rolls over onto his front focusing on the message he left on the tree.....

gniht der eht raef regnol on i

The lake is once again a Perfect peaceful place of tranquility, even with the body in the lake.

Murky_Pool
2006-11-01, 09:04 AM
((This thread doesn't get a lot of attention Bob, you might have more success in a more populated thread. Although there should be some interest soon, I wouldn't bank on it, speed of plot can be pretty slow sometimes))

Bob Caygeon
2006-11-01, 09:13 AM
((Long time reader, decided to try my hand at playing abit - not going to work though, UK timezone means there aren't enough people round when I can post. We aren't all students! (your a student right?). So I decided to end it before it gets to frutrating!!))

Murky_Pool
2006-11-01, 09:17 AM
((I'm not a student, just out of work at the moment. The US appears at about 4:00pm, but 11:00pm onwards is a good time to be around, if you can manage that. There's a few people awake at our morning time, but not many. You can always be resurrected if you decide to have another shot))

Bob Caygeon
2006-11-01, 10:30 AM
((I'm not a student, just out of work at the moment.

((That explains your insane average daily post count (10 * higher than everyone else!!) that's why i thought you were a student. Oh and 'Syndicate' was the reference you putting forward a few days ago with the 4 men in trenchcoats I believe. :smallbiggrin: ))

Murky_Pool
2006-11-01, 10:37 AM
((I didnt know that post count could be viewed anymore, oh well. And yes, a cookie in a brown trenchcoat for you Bob))

Kyrian
2006-11-01, 10:39 AM
((I'm not a student, just out of work at the moment. The US appears at about 4:00pm, but 11:00pm onwards is a good time to be around, if you can manage that. There's a few people awake at our morning time, but not many. You can always be resurrected if you decide to have another shot))

((Not always true about us Americans...I get up at about 4am here sometimes for the sake of Mortia's plot))

Supagoof
2006-11-01, 10:40 AM
((Also, not a student, just work in an office where I end up with spare time between meetings/projects/etc...))

Bob Caygeon
2006-11-01, 10:41 AM
((Check out someone profile and it tells you the average daily post count. Yours is nearly 20, it was 30 before the forums changed most people are around 1-2, hehe Your either very committed or you need to be committed. That's a fresh cookie I hope not the 4 day old one you were branding before :P))

Kyrian
2006-11-01, 10:44 AM
((Bob, depending on when you joined, Town and SMBG no longer go to the count that shouldn't be talked about. Therefore commited Town/SMBG posters averages are off.))

AmberVael
2006-11-01, 10:46 AM
((Very, very off. I know that I post much more than Murky))

Murky_Pool
2006-11-01, 10:49 AM
((Yeah, I didn't think there was any way I could be Most Prolific Poster. My comment about times was a generalisation, Kyrian is usually around at odd times, like 4:00am. Bob, your cookie is fresh from the staff oven on the Atlantic Accelerator))

Kyrian
2006-11-01, 10:51 AM
((It's ok Murky, I just enjoy giving you a hard time sometimes :) And besides, I'm not the greatest poster at 4am. I'll start typing, start falling asleep as I'm typing and wake up to find five or more thoughts in one post. Most of which have nothing to do with what I was posting in the first place.))

Xerillum
2006-11-05, 02:25 PM
A man rappels dond midway down the dam, and attaches a keg to it. He attaches a small device, flips a switch, Magically guards it, and swings away, leaving the same note as a t the desalination plant.

Renegade Paladin
2006-11-05, 03:07 PM
Gaheris wanders by and casually throws a dagger through the detonator wires without even slowing down. He activates his winged boots, grabs his dagger out of the dam wall still without slowing down, and lands on the other side to resume walking.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-10, 04:36 PM
Aerin arrives at the reservoir and goes down to the water's edge. She kneels and scoops up some of the water in her hands and looks at it.

It looks like water.

She lets it trickle away, then pulls a flask from somewhere and dips it in, She casts detect magic and waits.

She sees that the water in the flask - and in the lake - has an enchantment aura. ((Murky, if you think this should be different, let me know and I'll change it))

She casts purify food and drink on the contents of the flask, and the enchantment aura fades. Aerin pours out the water in the flask and puts it back wherever it came from. She stands up and goes back into Town.

Renrik
2006-11-20, 04:33 PM
A goblin and a hobgoblin have set up a hidden observation post on the cliff overlooking the reservoir.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-11, 08:22 PM
Gaheris arrived at the edge of the lake and looked out at the Silverthorn, hovering just at the surface. He shrugged and activated his winged boots to fly out to the tower.

Xerillum
2007-03-11, 08:49 PM
A cloaked man goes for a dip in the reservoir and swims to the dam. He puts on a rebreathing apparratus, and opens a Geodesic Dome in a can. He starts augering through the dam wall, safe in his dome, unseen.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-11, 09:07 PM
[ I suppose I shouldn't have brought this thread back. Also:
This natural lake is the main water supply for the town.
I have no idea where this brainbug about there being a dam comes from, because there isn't one.]

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-13, 06:02 AM
Gaheris exited the Silverthorn and, as before, ignored the ferry in favor of flying over under his own power.

Renegade Paladin
2007-03-14, 02:21 AM
Kern and Kaer arrived at the edge of the reservoir. Kern got out the box Gaheris had handed to him and placed it on the water, speaking a command word. The box immediately folded out its edges, which warped and grew to take the shape of a small rowboat. "Come on," the ranger said to his companion.

He and Kern both got in and grabbed an oar. "I hate this kind of work," Kaer grumbled as they shoved off and started for the Silverthorn.

"Oh, put your back into it," Kern said, irritated with the young man's aversion to physical activity that didn't directly involve spying on or striking at enemies. They rowed the rest of the way in silence.