PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Nexus Battle Royale

Pages : [1] 2 3

Morty
2010-11-25, 01:35 PM
Nexus Battle Royale

On a large plain a little away from WATCHTOWER, the grand event finally started. A Nexus-wide festival for matrial artists of all stripes, Nexus Battle Royale is here to give them an opportunity to show their skill. Whether you fight with a sword, a spear, your bare hands or an exotic weapon only your race knows, Nexus Battle Royale is the place for you.
There's also a place here for those who don't fight - here, you can train with WATCHTOWER members and all the fighters who arrive!
Description of the Site:

The Main Arena: This is where all the duels will take place. There's enough room for several fights at once to go on.
Training Field: Here's where the training will occur. It's a relatively straightforward piece of flat land with some mannequins and such.
Catering tents: Tents with refreshments - food and drinks. Also a place to rest up.
First Aid Tent: Where the Church of Dalachrech and Haruki the angel will provide healing to the injured fighters.
Airship A. Airship: WATCHTOWER's airship is hovering over the site of the event, bearing huge letters spelling "Nexus Battle Royale".
Toilets: ...well, not much to explain here.

Rules:

When you arrive, notify the nearest WATCHTOWER member of your arrival. Give your name and basic info.
You can engage in duels with anyone who is willing.
Duelists will agree on the terms of defeat, but you're not allowed to kill or permanently injure your opponent.
Fights will be judged by WATCHTOWER members or anyone else they appoint to do so.
This is a Martial Arts tournament. Any method of close combat is allowed, but using obvious and high-powered magic is not. Consult Wenomir Rawicz or other WATCHTOWER members if you have doubts.
Magic weapons are not allowed. If you don't have your own mundane weapon, you can borrow one. Other magic or technological items are also not allowed.

OOC Rules:

Play nice. Your character may be incredibly strong, but you should give the other player a chance to fight and win. This is supposed to be a fun event for everyone.
No wanton, random destruction, please. Sure, WATCHTOWER members are here to deal with troublemakers, but we don't want the thread to devolve into a free-for-all brawl, do we?

OOC Note: Newcomers will be greeted by Askepios, WATCHTOWER's AI. It'll take form of a broad-shouldered, tall, bearded man, clad in mail, with a wolf's pelt on his back and a horned helmet on his head. The AI can be played by anyone with a WATCHTOWER character. That, or they can also talk to actual members.

Signup form:

Name:
Preferred method of combat:
Skill level:
Other information:

List of Fighters with additional notes:

Orak - RPGsr4me - No additional info given.
Lauretta - Happyturtle - Novice fighter, fights with bola.
Maxios - Maxios - Has a Power Ring, Intermediate fighter.
Mask - Maxios - No additional info given.
Len - Rae Artemi - Highly skilled two-weapon fighter.
Kordson - MPG - Averagely skilled versatile combatant.
Prince - Third Emperor
Some sort of cricketbat-wielding nutcase - General Shrimp - certainly mentally unbalanced, approach carefully.
Merrak - VampireRot - Experienced two-weapon combatant.
Naib - Murska - Moderately skilled unarmed fighter.
Phoebe - McBish - Moderately skilled swordswoman. Wishes to learn more.
Foro - Apeoflight - Some sort of magical monkey. Fights with a staff.
Garth - Apeoflight - Sword fighter.
Vaze - Apeoflight - Unarmed combatant.
Rockfist - Falgorn - Experienced fistfighter.

Theme Song #1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFycchFzHP8)
Theme Song #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4)

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 01:40 PM
Ilyena, assuming Wenomir gave him a time and location at some point while discussing the event, shows up. "Alright, what can I do to help?"

Morty
2010-11-25, 01:45 PM
Well, here's a list of stuff I'll definetly need: Wenomir hands the wizard a list.

Funds. DC mentioned he might provide some.
At least two arenas, tents and some training ground.
Some sort of surveilance system to prevent cheating and other stuff.
Healing. Nexus being Nexus, lots of it.
Spare weapons to be borrowed by those who want to train. Probably also used in duels so that noone has an unfair advantage of a superior weapon.
Security. Mostly taken care of, but you can never be too sure.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 01:55 PM
"Alright... first, as far as surveillence goes, I can summon Askepios. That's as colse to perfect as you're gonna get." Ilyena cracks his knuckles, flips open his laptop, and, at a breakneck pace, begins a chant, under his breath. It takes about ten minutes, but eventually, Wenomir will feel a presence, quite subtle, in the field. "There we go. Say hello, Askepios." "Hello, Wenomir. I can keep you informed of any magical rule-breaking that goes on." Ilyena smiles a bit, pleased with himself.

Morty
2010-11-25, 01:57 PM
Wenomir nods. Glard to hear it, Askepios. Magical rule-breaking is probably our biggest worry, but not the only one by far. Creative people can cheat in ways wizards would never think of.

Reinholdt
2010-11-25, 01:59 PM
Wenomir's favorite person, Ilpholin arrives!
She looks around.
"Wow. You guys aren't ready at all."

Morty
2010-11-25, 02:05 PM
Wenomir turns around, sighing. Of course we're not. Holding a martial arts festival isn't a piece of cake.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 02:07 PM
Ilyena coughs a bit. "Uh, I'm pretty sure we can set something up keeping people out until we're ready to start." He glances pointedly at Ilpholin. He's not aware she's joined WATCHTOWER. "Anyhow, I'll get started on the arenas, shall I?" He sits down on what must be an invisible comfy chair, and begins tapping away on his laptop.

Reinholdt
2010-11-25, 02:10 PM
"You mean... the cake... is a lie?" :smalleek:
And here she thought the winner would get cake.

Morty
2010-11-25, 02:13 PM
What do you mean, start on the arenas? Are you telling me you'll magick them up or something?
Then Ilpholin mentions cake.
What? :smallconfused:

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 02:15 PM
"Yah. 's that a problem?" :smallconfused:

Reinholdt
2010-11-25, 02:17 PM
"Oh nevermind." Ilpholin figures her subtle word humor will be lost on him. Males.

"So you got a referee or anything? KR going to be here? What's the rules? When is KR coming? Am I overdressed?"
... She is not overdressed.

Morty
2010-11-25, 02:19 PM
Not really. It'll save us some money, certainly. In response to Ilpholin, he says, managing to keep a straight face: I'm going to oversee the whole thing and act as a referee, but obviously I'll also need people to help with that. I'll pick them later. I have no idea when KR will come, if she will. And no, you're not overdressed.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 02:22 PM
"Excellent. Give me a coupla hours, I'll get 'em done..." *tap tap tap tap tap*

Reinholdt
2010-11-25, 02:24 PM
"I don't know... maybe this outfit needs to show more..." For distraction purposes. And seducing KR.

"I might referee. Or participate. Haven't decided which yet."

Morty
2010-11-25, 02:28 PM
It already shows a lot, but whatever makes you feel better. He shrugs. And the two aren't really mutually exclusive. A referee can participate in a fight or two.

Reinholdt
2010-11-25, 02:30 PM
"What? Really? Won't that create a conflict of interest?" :smallconfused:

Morty
2010-11-25, 02:34 PM
Obviously the referee in question would be judged by another referee. I'll pick the people I can trust to remain neutral and unbiased.

Reinholdt
2010-11-25, 02:45 PM
"Yeah, but if the other referee is also participating, he or she could subconsciously rule in favor of the weaker party just to get the stronger one out of the way." Ilpholin shrugs.
"It's your party. I'm going to go practice."
She'll head off after Wenomir's reply. The sound of a whip cracking repeatedly in the distance can be heard.

Morty
2010-11-25, 02:46 PM
*shrug* Maybe you're right. I'll work something out.

lord pringle
2010-11-25, 02:48 PM
Pringle walks in smoking a coffin nail. Whats the prize? He asks someone.

Morty
2010-11-25, 02:49 PM
Wenomir turns around and looks at Pringle. You're more than a little early, pal. We've just started setting everything up.

lord pringle
2010-11-25, 02:52 PM
He makes an energy construct of a comfy chair with his red ring. I'm patient. he isn't.:smalltongue:

Morty
2010-11-25, 02:53 PM
It's great to hear it, but you're kind of going to get in everyone's way... wait, you're one of those LANTERN guys, right? Yeah, that's what they need right now.

lord pringle
2010-11-25, 02:56 PM
Yeah. Oh you're one of those peeping tom WATCHTOWER guys. I don't like Maxi-boy either. Pringle sits in his red chair.

Maxios
2010-11-25, 02:57 PM
Mask is there as well (He's a member of WATCHTOWER)

Morty
2010-11-25, 02:59 PM
Awesome. However, as I said, until the construction is finished, I'd like it if only WATCHTOWER members were here.
Mask will be shown the list and he can help out with whatever he likes. Or ask Wenomir about any point onthe list.

Maxios
2010-11-25, 03:00 PM
"I can make a good survelliance system." Mask says after reading the list.

Reinholdt
2010-11-25, 03:02 PM
Mister Squiggles is helping put up the tents and the vendor stands.

What? You expect people to come watch this without some sort of refreshments? Besides, everyone knows that's where the revenue comes from. Hot dogs and soda.

MPG
((OOC:This sounds like an SCA event. Only I'm guessing there wont be ratan swords. :smalltongue:))

Kordson walks through the area watching the hustle and bustle of the people setting up. He looks for someone who looks like they know what's going on.

"Need a hand with any heavy lifting?"

lord pringle
Pringle's chair flies up. Nah. I'll sit here.

Morty
2010-11-25, 03:07 PM
Wenomir glares at Pringle. Up until now, I've been polite. I'll give you one more chance: leave.
To Mask, he says: Go talk to Ilyena. He put up a surveilance system but maybe he could use some help.
And finally, to Kordson: I suppose we won't turn down any help, Mr...?
For the benefit of those who don't know, Wenomir looks like his player's avatar, only his hair is long and worn in a ponytail.

Maxios
2010-11-25, 03:11 PM
"Sorry, but who's Ilyena?" Mask asks Wenomir.

Morty
2010-11-25, 03:13 PM
Wenomir rolls his eyes. Merciful Perun. He's the dreadlocked half-elf with a laptop.

Maxios
2010-11-25, 03:14 PM
"Okay." Mask says. And off he goes to find Ilyena!

MPG
2010-11-25, 03:15 PM
"Most, just call me Kordson 'cause well, that my name. And yourself?" Kordson says with a grin.

"What're you buch putting together here; a concert or festival of some sort?"

Morty
2010-11-25, 03:18 PM
Name's Wenomir Rawicz. And we're setting this thing up to let the warriors from the Nexus to test their skill, to help train people to fight and to keep WATCHTOWER members busy in between apocalypses.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 03:22 PM
Askepios has kept Ilyena informed about comings and goings. If approached by Mask, he'll raise a hand. "Buddy, if you think you can do better than panopticon surveillance, be my guest. Otherwise, I'm a bit busy."

lord pringle
2010-11-25, 03:22 PM
Pringle just shrugs.

MPG
2010-11-25, 03:35 PM
Watchtower, watchtower. Where had Kordson heard that name before. Ah, no matter.

"Cool. So it's a big tournament deally then is it. Then I'll deflinatly have to stick around till the main event. What do you need help with, " Kordson thinks a moment, digesting the other man's name, "Mr. Weno?"

Morty
2010-11-25, 03:38 PM
Wenomir. And here's the current list of things we need done. The scarred man points at a large piece of paper stuck to a bulletin board.

Funds. DC mentioned he might provide some.
At least two arenas, tents and some training ground.
Some sort of surveilance system to prevent cheating and other stuff.
Spare weapons to be borrowed by those who want to train. Probably also used in duels so that noone has an unfair advantage of a superior weapon.

If nothing else, sooner or later we'll have to do some heavy lifting.

Maxios
2010-11-25, 03:46 PM
Askepios has kept Ilyena informed about comings and goings. If approached by Mask, he'll raise a hand. "Buddy, if you think you can do better than panopticon surveillance, be my guest. Otherwise, I'm a bit busy."

"I'm not saying I can do better, I'm saying in my world, I was the best." Mask says proudly.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 03:48 PM
"Glad to hear it, but the job's already taken care of." Ilyena eyeballs Pringle. "However, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you asked that gentleman to leave."

Maxios
2010-11-25, 03:51 PM
"Leave. Go. We'll tell you when we're all ready." Mask tells Pringle, obeying Ilyena's orders.

MPG
2010-11-25, 03:59 PM
"Well I can't really help with money, seeing as I don't have any. But I might be able to get my hands on some decent training weapons for yah, or perhaps prepare a few small training areas. Might need you to loan me a bit of money for materials, unless you have the materials here? I'll need some wood, maybe some iron rod, but definetly duct tape lots of duct tape."

Morty
2010-11-25, 04:01 PM
We don't really have any supplies here yet. I need to hear from the man who said he might provide us with money first. After that, we'll see.

MPG
2010-11-25, 04:12 PM
"Very well. We'll talk later Weno." Kordson walks off with a small wave and trys to make himself useful.

((Deadtiming))

lord pringle
2010-11-25, 04:19 PM
Pringle takes a swig of vodka. Nah.

Darkcomet
2010-11-25, 04:41 PM
A voice comes from above and behind Wenomir.

"I imagine you want to talk to me about this again, given our last conversation on the subject." Oh, it's just DC, having teleported in while Wenomir wasn't looking.

Unless that's blocked but that seems very unlikely at this point.

Morty
2010-11-25, 04:44 PM
The area is indeed not blocked. It would be rather silly at this point.
Yes, I do. You said you might provide us with money, and I have to say it would be really helpful.

Darkcomet
2010-11-25, 04:56 PM
"Hm." DC glances over at the bulletin board. "I can probably pay for tents fairly easily, and I shouldn't have much trouble getting a hold of a large number of mundane melee weapons. The security may be a bit more difficult for me to pull off, as you'll need to prevent cheating by mages, psychics...anyone like that, really." As he mentions that, he descends from his hovering position, landing.

"I can pay for doctors fairly easily, but they'd be non-magical, so you might want to find someone else for that. And what do you have in mind for the arenas and training grounds?"

Morty
2010-11-25, 05:00 PM
Actually, I mostly need money for mundane supplies such as building materials. Ilyena already provided survelance and I hope some other people can provide healing... like Dominic and Shawna. I imagine the arenas as the sturdy yet simple variety.

Darkcomet
2010-11-25, 05:10 PM
"Ah, good. I can probably pay for everything else without much loss, since you're going for simple." DC seems pleased, since everything he couldn't cover seems to have been dealt with already.

Morty
2010-11-25, 05:12 PM
Glad to hear it. I hope to find something to do for everyone. And by the way, I'm open to suggestions about improvements and such.

Darkcomet
2010-11-25, 05:43 PM
DC doesn't really have any suggestions for improving it, though he does have a different concern. "I still have to wonder what we're going to do with the more permanent structures once it's over."

Morty
2010-11-25, 05:46 PM
Wenomir shrugs. We might hold a permanent training ground for the people of the Nexus here. They can all use some defensive training. If that fails, we can always sell them.

Darkcomet
2010-11-25, 05:49 PM
DC nods. "Any of those sound like they could work. You could also make it an annual event."

Morty
2010-11-25, 05:55 PM
The worst thing we can do is definetly letting them rot without being used. Wenomir ticks "surveilance" and "funds" on the list.

VampireRot
2010-11-25, 10:01 PM
Merrak saunters into the... camp? Construction site? Place?

The drow looks around with bored eyes. He probably can't help much with the setting up, besides providing physical labor... :smallannoyed:

But he'll help.

lord pringle
2010-11-25, 10:22 PM
Pringle starts trying to spit on the watchtower members.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 10:28 PM
"That's it." Ilyena snaps shut his laptop, and under his breath, "Askepios, portal. Exit somewhere in Inside, surprise us. Entrance, fifty feet diameter. Exclude me. Conjour under the pest, sweep up. Got it?" "Waiting for your mark." Ilyena casts a quick Fly spell, and flies up to wherever Pringle is. "Buddy, you've been warned. Now get the hell outta here before I remove you."

lord pringle
2010-11-25, 10:36 PM
A fight is exactly why I came here. I'm no shrink but have you thought that maybe I was trying to aggravate you? Pringle blows a puff of smoke in his face.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 10:37 PM
"Fair enough. Askepios, now." A huge portal will appear under Pringle, and sweep upwards, dragging him into Inside unless he can get out of the way very, VERY fast.

lord pringle
2010-11-25, 10:47 PM
actually he can. He's gone before the portal gets to him and has popcorn. 'M not hindering your construction.

Darkcomet
2010-11-25, 10:56 PM
DC turns from Wenomir and glares at Pringle.

Now, I have no idea what Pringle looks like, but assuming he's a living humanoid in appearance, he'll get a psychic command sent at his mind.

Leave.

lord pringle
2010-11-25, 10:57 PM
Fine. but you WATCHTOWERS may wanna watch me cause you've made an enemy. He flies off.

Moff Chumley
2010-11-25, 10:58 PM
Ninja'd.

Ilyena resumes his casting. Vague outlines of a huge, Grecco Roman arena are starting to form in an unnoccupied section of the field.

Darkcomet
2010-11-25, 11:01 PM
DC shakes his head as Pringle departs, then blinks at the outline. "Huh. Looks like I won't have to pay for construction after all..."

Morty
2010-11-26, 07:15 AM
Good job guys, Wenomir says as Pringle disappears. Looks like we'll have to make the security rather tight. I'm not sure if WATCHTOWER members alone will be enough.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-26, 10:26 AM
Of course they will. They have KR, after all. :smalltongue:
By which I meant KR (maybe with help from Sunny) can make some security robots, not that KR could handle security completely on her own. Even though she could. >.>
But anyway, she (or at least a plot clone who is currently not finding out what it feels like to have someone have a surprise crush on you) is here now, and ready to help!

Reinholdt
2010-11-26, 10:28 AM
Ilpholin pops up almost immediately behind KR.
It's like she was spending the whole time watching and waiting for her.
"HI KR!" She practically squeals.

Mister Squiggles continues to do some heavy lifting.

Morty
2010-11-26, 10:30 AM
Wenomir turns around to greet KR and ask her what she can do to hel- oh, Weles' antlers. He should have seen that coming, really. Best thing he can do now is to direct them to two completely unrelated tasks on the opposite sides of the construction site. Assuming he finds some. And assuming they listen.

The Bushranger
2010-11-26, 04:20 PM
Meanwhile, a certain technicolor-haired techno-paladin comes walking up to the construction site, and approaching Wenomir.

"Apologies for being late. Is there anything I can do to assist?" Shawna asks without preamble.

Morty
2010-11-26, 04:23 PM
Wenomir turns away from the embarassing scene to Shawna.
Hello Shawna. There are several things I still need help with... he shows her the list.

Funds. DC mentioned he might provide some. Taken care of.
At least two arenas, tents and some training ground. Taken care of.
Some sort of surveilance system to prevent cheating and other stuff. Taken care of.
Security.
A lot of minor yet important things, most likely.

The Bushranger
2010-11-26, 04:32 PM
Shawna, for her part, is vaguely amused at KR and Ilpholin, but hides it for Wenomir's sake.
"I see. I can assist with healing in a small way, however I believe my talents would be best allocated in the security role."

Morty
2010-11-26, 04:34 PM
If you say so. Someone has to make sure noone tries to stir up trouble, and they will most certainly try. I'm not sure if we'll manage without some outside help, honestly.

The Bushranger
2010-11-26, 04:49 PM
"I believe that managing should be easy to do," Shawna says...smirking a bit. "Not much gets by me."

Morty
2010-11-26, 04:52 PM
Wenomir nods, smiling a bit. Well then, I will trust you with this. I'm sure all WATCHTOWER members will be able to deal with troublemakers. That's another thing dealt with. We're doing well.

The Bushranger
2010-11-26, 05:00 PM
"That is good to hear. Is there anywhere in particular I should be patrolling? Simply the perimiter?" Shawna asks.

Morty
2010-11-26, 05:03 PM
We're going to have to keep an eye out on the whole site. Well, as soon as the event begins, that is. Not much happening here right now. Ilyena told his magical servant to act as surveilance.

Darkcomet
2010-11-26, 05:27 PM
DC glances around, giving Ilpholin a small, brief glare before moving on. "Well, since we seem to have handled the construction issue I had intended to deal with, I'll deal with the weapons instead."

"Be back soon." DC vanishes, teleporting away.

The Bushranger
2010-11-27, 12:27 AM
Shanwa nods to Wenomir...

...then starts patrolling.

Darkcomet
2010-11-27, 12:36 AM
And then DC reappears right where he was standing not too long ago in IC time.

"Well, I've arranged for a shipment of a number of melee weapons of varying types to be delivered here tomorrow, so I suppose we can cross that off the list."

Morty
2010-11-27, 07:20 AM
Glad to hear it. Wenomir crosses another point off the list. We're moving fast.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-27, 07:53 AM
Ilpholin pops up almost immediately behind KR.
It's like she was spending the whole time watching and waiting for her.
"HI KR!" She practically squeals.

Mister Squiggles continues to do some heavy lifting.

Wenomir turns around to greet KR and ask her what she can do to hel- oh, Weles' antlers. He should have seen that coming, really. Best thing he can do now is to direct them to two completely unrelated tasks on the opposite sides of the construction site. Assuming he finds some. And assuming they listen.

"Um... Hi"
I'm guessing she's going to be awkward around Ilpholin from now on. Well, more awkward. But hey! At least she's not expecting Ilpholin to kill her! Not much, anyway.
She's not wearing the boots today.
"Anything you need me to do?"

Morty
2010-11-27, 08:24 AM
Wenomir looks at his list again, hoping to find a way to keep Ilpholin and KR separate. Not that he has much hope. Let's see... DC provided funds, Ilyena is building the arenas... I suppose the most vital things right now is security. Nexus being what it is, this event is bound to attract troublemakers. Askepios will serve as surveilance and Shawna is patrolling. The point on the list that's not covered at all yet is healing. Unless you have suggestions on your own, that is. They might have overlooked something, after all. And we still need to decide on the formal procedures such as organizing and judging the duels.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-27, 08:30 AM
KR thinks...
"Hmm... I have a number of projects which could help with security... would parking the airship overhead be considered overkill?" :smallconfused:
Though of course there is no such thing.

Morty
2010-11-27, 08:56 AM
Anywhere else, it would be. Here, as much as I don't like airships, it wouldn't. It would send the right message, the right message being "don't even think about it". Yes, with the airship, Askepios and Shawna we have the security covered... I hope.

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-27, 09:17 AM
"Well, it would certainly be atmospheric. All we'd need to do is paste a sign saying 'Goodyear' to the side..."
Poor Wenomir. Everybody just keeps making these references he doesn't get...

Darkcomet
2010-11-27, 09:35 AM
"If that's not enough, well...Inside's close by and I've got access to a decent private security force from my activities there." Of course DC and KR are the ones talking about bringing in excessive firepower...

Morty
2010-11-27, 09:35 AM
Wenomir indeed has no idea what KR is talking about. Whatever "Goodyear" is. Anyhow, that's settles the matter of security. Now we have to handle the issue of healing, judging the duels and organizing the training. And that's good to hear, DC... I was going to suggest something like that, he says in respose to DC's suggestion.

Darkcomet
2010-11-27, 09:50 AM
"I'll have them called in before we open the place up, then." DC glances over at KR. "I take it you'll handle the airship?"

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-27, 09:52 AM
"And I have some security robot prototypes as well..."
Augh! Stoppit! >_<
"Yeah, I'll do that. Anything else you want me for?"

Morty
2010-11-27, 09:54 AM
That depends. Does either of you have any input regarding healing, judging and training the populace?

Reinholdt
2010-11-27, 10:00 AM
"Um... Hi"
I'm guessing she's going to be awkward around Ilpholin from now on. Well, more awkward. But hey! At least she's not expecting Ilpholin to kill her! Not much, anyway.
She's not wearing the boots today.
"Anything you need me to do?"

Well of course she's not. Out here in the dirty mud and stuff? Who could blame her. Keep the boots nice and shiny. :smallsmile:

"Mister Squiggles also mentioned being willing to run security and or refereeing for you." Giant Dire Spiders may just be creepy enough to keep people in line.
At least... people who don't know how nice Mister Squiggles is.
He's helping put up the lemonade stand right now even!

Darkcomet
2010-11-27, 10:04 AM
DC shakes his head. "I'm not much of a teacher for what you have in mind. It'd be better to find someone else for input on that. As for healing, I believe I already explained that all I could hire would be mundane doctors, not clerics or other such healers."

Ashen Lilies
2010-11-27, 10:07 AM
Lemonade! Truly, there is no hero greater than Mr. Squiggles.
"I suppose you might contact a nearby temple of a benevolent religion, and ask if their clerics have any interest in attending. I don't really have any other input on healing, however."
Being almost incapable of it herself. The most she can manage is a fast regeneration. That only works on herself.

Morty
2010-11-27, 10:11 AM
Obviously, I can handle some training myself. Merrak is also a fighter. The two of us might not be enough, of course, but that's a start at least. As far as healing is concerned... Dominic could help, I guess. Timezone issues nonwithstanding. He's a doctor and he's proven himself to be good at patching people up.

Reinholdt
2010-11-27, 10:16 AM
"How much healing you need may depend on how long the rounds go. I'm going to presume not to the death, so... to what?" First blood? When the other person calls uncle? Beaten into unconsciousness? Time limit?

Morty
2010-11-27, 10:23 AM
It would depend on the duel. First blood seems to be the default choice in armed combat, but the fighters can decide on something else as long as it's not to death. Same goes for unarmed combat.

MPG
2010-11-28, 03:34 PM
((undeadtime))

Kordson returns from ... whatever it was that he was doing.
Walking over to Wenomir and overhearing the last bit of conversation. Kordson decides to throw in his two cents, "Hey Weno. Just what format were you planning this fight to be? One on one, skirmish, field scenarios? Or what type of tournament style; single elim or double elim ladder, round robin, bear pit, or squires tourney? I guess it depends on how many we get participating but people will need to be entertained while they wait their turn or after they lose."

Morty
2010-11-28, 03:46 PM
Wenomir turns around and sees Kordson.
Good question. And the answer is: all of the above. Basically, I'm planning to host all sorts of combat. If two people want a particular type of duel or melee, they'll be able to get it. It's not really going to be a

MPG
2010-11-28, 04:16 PM
"...Tournament." Kordson finishes Wenomir's sentence. "Oh. Well I guess call-outs are fine too." Kordson may sound a tad disappointed but still with a happy grin.

The grin suddenly grows, "How about to start off the festivities we hold a skirmish match. To show everyone what we expect a clean match to be. I think it would be appropriate if it was between the people hosting the event and some other Nexus organisation. Maybe the group I was recently hired by. I might have to ask the dude who hired me though. What was their name again, Lamp-something?" Kordson trails off muttering to himself.

Yes, Kordson just suggested a match between WATCHTOWER and LANTERN.

Morty
2010-11-28, 04:18 PM
((>.< That's what I get for being absent-minded, hitting "reply" and not looking at the post later.))
LANTERN? Oh, pl- wait, you work for them? Wenomir looks rather surprised, especially when compared to his usual deadpan expression.

Reinholdt
2010-11-28, 04:21 PM
"... It's NOT a tournament? But... but... that's half the fun!" :smallfrown:
Ilpholin is disappointed. How could she show off to KR if she can't even try to win the top prize cause there is none?

MPG
2010-11-28, 04:46 PM
Kordson returns the puzzled look. "Yah, I guess so. Some guy in a bar recruited me, but I didn't want to go into space to sign up officially, so the boss-man made me a field agent. Why?"

Too Ilpholin: "Call-outs "could" be used as a tournament I guess. Its like a round robin only you don't fight every other opponent. People choose their own match-ups and point are assigned to a win, lose or draw. Person with most points wins ... bragging rights at least." Kordson states absent mindedly. He then looks at Ilpholin and can help but stare a little.

Morty
2010-11-28, 04:49 PM
We had a run-in with LANTERN's leader recently. And by "run-in" I mean that he showed up at our base, started making demands and then tried to provoke a fight. As far as this being a torunament goes, I thought that individual fights would work better, but I'm open to arguments. He shrugs. I suppose we can have both individual fights and some sort of larger tournament.

Reinholdt
2010-11-28, 04:55 PM
"I could go for bragging rights. Maybe a home-made trophy of some sort too. I betcha Mister Squiggles could whip up something really neat for a prize."

Ilpholin smiles at Kordson. Bragging rights! That's what Ilpholin wants. :smallcool:

The Bushranger
2010-11-28, 05:11 PM
Bragging rights, and KR! The two things Ilpholin wants! The three things...

Shawna, meanwhile, is quietly strolling the perimeter of the site. Patrolling. *nodnod*

MPG
2010-11-28, 05:13 PM
Kordson tries not to stare at Ilpholin, but fails. He'd never seen a real Drow before. ' Damn they really are pretty hot.', Kordson shakes the thought from his mind trying to concentrate.

To Wenomir: Kordson recalls the argument between the two holograms back at Trog's. "Hmm, I think I understand. Max did seem the type to jump to conclusions. Sorry, I guess I also jumped the gun a bit. I don't even know where fearless-leader is, and I doubt I'd have the right to setup some sort of grudge match. This thing is your show and I'm just glad to be here."

((Dead time))

Morty
2010-11-28, 05:21 PM
No problem, though an inter-organizational fight is indeed not a very good idea... and I suppose we could arrange some prizes for a lot of victorious fights. And it'd be a bit easier to organize than a full-fledged tournament.

The Bushranger
2010-11-28, 06:57 PM
Meanwhile, a ridiculously large moving truck pulls up outside the arena site!

...nobody can be seen to be driving it...

And suddenly the door opens, and a small platoon of gnomes disembarks.

It's the Delivery Gnomes!
And they're here for DC.

Darkcomet
2010-11-28, 07:01 PM
DC's there. Yay. He spots the truck and mutters to himself as the gnomes approach. "Ah, there it is..."

The Bushranger
2010-11-28, 07:15 PM
One of the gnomes approaches, bearing a clipboard...
"D-d-d-d-d-delivery for a Mr. DC, sir!"

...why does the gnome sound just like Porky Pig? :smalleek::smallconfused:

Other gnomes open the truck and start gnomishly hauling things out.
Many pointy hats get knocked off.

Darkcomet
2010-11-28, 07:22 PM
"Yes, yes, I was expecting it." DC will take the clipboard and sign for the delivery, assuming that's what he's supposed to do.

"You need any help with that?" he asks, looking over at the truck.

The Bushranger
2010-11-28, 07:38 PM
"Thank you, Mr. DC s-s-s-s-sir. We can handle it!"

And indeed, the gnomes are, even if the whole production is distinctly resembling some sort of Loony Tunes cartoon. Although with far, far fewer explosions. (As in none.)

Morty
2010-11-29, 11:06 AM
Wenomir nods approvingly as he sees the weapons unloaded. Good. Very good. Now we only need healing and then we're good to go!

Moff Chumley
2010-11-30, 12:25 AM
The outlines of the arena have now solidified into an enormous stone coliseum. It's pretty funky, if quite generic. Ilyena calls over to Wenomir, "Okay, while I have everything still running. What kinda format do you want this in? I can make modifications to the arena, right now, but it'll be much tougher later."

Morty
2010-11-30, 08:23 AM
Wenomir thinks for a while, walking around the arena, before returning to Ilyena and saying: Could you add some smaller arenas or divide the big one? We want to allow several pairs to duel at the same time without running into one another.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-01, 12:45 AM
"'course. Lemme see..."

The arena begins to shift, to morph. The main floor seems to shrink in on itself, compress, while the seating expands outwards. The main floor rises up, and in the area between it and the risers, another ring of sand, below the main arena, comes into existence. "You can cordon off that area as you deem fit, I guess. That work?"

Morty
2010-12-01, 11:23 AM
Yeah. That works. Now we just need healing and we can get the show started.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-01, 03:28 PM
Haruki crash-lands next to Wenomir. "Healer!" Always when needed.

Morty
2010-12-01, 03:33 PM
The demonhunter turns around and looks at the angel, raising his eyebrows. Looks like advertising on the Wall worked once again. What's your name?

Haruki-kun
2010-12-01, 05:17 PM
"Name's Haruki...?" he answers, getting up. "And I'm an Angel. And I can heal."

Morty
2010-12-01, 05:21 PM
Hm. Good enough, I suppose. Wenomir shrugs. How much healing power do you have?

Haruki-kun
2010-12-01, 05:31 PM
"My healing power is directly proportional to the need of it and inversely proportional to the dramaticness of the situation. So a lot, I suppose."

Morty
2010-12-01, 05:33 PM
Wenomir peers at the angel who's talking nonsense. Right... I suppose it'll have to suffice. Now we can get this show started.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-01, 05:45 PM
Headed this way is a man. The man is wearing brown plate mail armour, a coat covered in pockets and a red cloak with the mark of a two-tailed scorpion. His helmetless head has brown eyes and hair, and is quite handsome. The man also has a shield slung over his back, one bearing the device of a two-tailed scorpion. At his waist hangs a morningstar with a head shaped like a scorpion's sting. Wenomir likely recognises the Most Reverend Terrowin of Xela's Howe, or at least the symbol of Dalachrech, Demon Lord of Invertebrates which Terrowin bears on his cloak, shield and also on a silver amulet around his neck.

Morty
2010-12-01, 05:52 PM
Wenomir turns around, feeling the stench of a demonolater in the air. Ah, it's Reverend Terrowin, I see. To what do we owe the honor?

Earl of Purple
2010-12-01, 06:00 PM
And not just any demonolater, but the leader of a cult of demonolaters. Also, Wenomir's colleague in WATCHTOWER, unless he was expelled when he (and I) weren't looking. "Hello, Wenomir. I haven't seen you for a while. I heard you needed healers; I have a few converts, and I would be willing to heal anybody who needs it for free. Some of those converts have expressed a willingness, or even eagerness, to take part in this competition. Will there be any catagories where magical equipment is allowed? So long as it is melee only, obviously."

Morty
2010-12-01, 06:04 PM
No magical equipment allowed. This tournament is of skill only. More healers are always welcome, even if their allegiances are somewhat questionable... Wenomir feels uncertain, as he always does when Terrowin is concerned. On one hand, he's his fellow WATCHman who saved his skin once. On the other hand, he is a demon worshipper.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-01, 06:12 PM
"A pity; many of my converts use magical equipment which has chosen them and are useless with any other weapon. There are some exceptions, and I will inform them. And our allegiences are not questionable; the motives of the being to which we have sworn allegience to is, I believe, what you are questioning." Terrowin means that they all serve Dalachrech wholly and willingly beyond doubt of betrayal of Him; the motives of Dalachrech is what should worry people rather than the loyalty of His servants.

Morty
2010-12-01, 06:17 PM
I'm afraid that my opinions on what is martial arts and what isn't are rather strict. And yes, the motives of your Dalachrech is what I'm questioning. But it doesn't matter right now.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-01, 06:26 PM
"He's not 'my' Dalachrech. If anything, I'm 'His' Terrowin. But let's not argue. How are things at WATCHTOWER? I haven't been for a while." And Terrowin's informant was kidnapped, frozen in time and locked in a freezer if I remember correctly. But I might be making up the freezer part.

happyturtle
2010-12-01, 07:07 PM
Lauretta approaches, having followed Terrowin here. "I am willing to offer my help as well, though I am still a novice."

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-02, 10:14 AM
High above the arena, Airship A. Airship descends through the clouds and into view. At least, it looks like Airship A. Airship. It's certainly the right size and shape, and has the same overabundance of firepower as Airship A. Airship. However, instead of the usual psychedelic patterns and angry shark face, the envelope is now a solid navy blue color, with 'NEXUS BATTLE ROYALE' painted on both sides in big white block letters.
Anyone with exceptionally sharp vision or the ability to detect magic will be able to tell that the new 'paintjob' is merely an illusion, cast over the existing paintjob, and a rather crude illusion at that. However, given the distance involved (assuming most people would be viewing it from the ground) it should serve its purpose well enough.
Meanwhile, inside of it, KR slowly brings the descent of the vessel to a halt, leaving it to hover over the arena.
She speaks out loud into empty space, as if to no one to particular, and with an experimental air, testing some theory or other.
"Askepios. Can you hear me?"

Morty
2010-12-02, 02:34 PM
Things at WATCHTOWER are pretty good. We've had some new members and we're fighting the good fight, you might say... Wenomir rubs his hands. Let's get this show started, everybody! He shouts.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 02:35 PM
"We're starting the tournament!" Mask says excietedly.

Gullara
2010-12-02, 02:47 PM
Orak approaches Wenomir, "I wish to take part in this contest."

He looks like this...

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs26/PRE/f/2008/083/4/5/Kroot_Tau_Background_by_PirateKingPetin.jpg
He stands 8 feet tall and is thin and wiry, but muscular. His skin is a dull grey and very rough and weathered. He has long, barbed spines on his head and smaller ones scattered over the rest of his body, they are nearly black. Instead of a mouth he has a beak like jaw. He has only four digits on each hand. His eyes are a solid, milky white. His clothes consist of worn, leather harnesses and belts.

Morty
2010-12-02, 02:49 PM
The demonhunter nods. Very well. Head to the arena or catering center and wait for other people to show up.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 02:49 PM
"I wanna fight too!" Mask says. But, he has 0 battle training, and will likely lose in the first round.

Maxios arrives at the scene. "I'd like to battle as well."

((If I can only have one character battle, I'll have Maxios fight))

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 02:51 PM
Lauretta signs up in the novice category. Her weapon is a set of magic bolas, but if those are disallowed, she'll use normal bolas.

Gullara
2010-12-02, 02:51 PM
"Thank you," Orak says, and he heads to the arena to get warmed up.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 02:53 PM
Maxios will sign up in a Intermediate Category. He uses a Green Power Ring. If that's not allowed, he'll use a shield as well as a Halo 3 energy sword, and if that's not allowed, he'll use Boxing Gloves that are electrically charged

Morty
2010-12-02, 02:54 PM
Wenomir glares at Maxios. ...fine. Head to the arena and wait for other people to show up.
Mask and Lauretta are also signed up.
And yes, magical weapons are disallowed. If you don't have your own nonmagical weapon, you can borrow one. They've been provided by Erin's Emporium.
((Also, I think actual categories will be too much of a hassle from the OOC point of view. Just use your better judgement which characters to fight.))

Maxios
2010-12-02, 02:56 PM
Wenomir glares at Maxios. ...fine. Head to the arena and wait for other people to show up.
Mask and Lauretta are also signed up.
((Also, I think actual categories will be too much of a hassle from the OOC point of view. Just use your better judgement which characters to fight.))

Maxios nods, then goes to the Arena.

((Could he use the Power Ring as long as he doesn't go crazy with it, just using it to make a boxing gloves or a sword, or hover a few feet off the ground?))

Morty
2010-12-02, 02:58 PM
((Minor effects are allowed. Flying and levitating in general is frowned upon. However, a Power Ring is a special item, and they're a no-no.))

Maxios
2010-12-02, 02:59 PM
((Minor effects are allowed. Flying and levitating in general is frowned upon. However, a Power Ring is a special item, and they're a no-no.))

((Alright. Maxios will just use an energy he keeps with him to battle with instead. This Maxios is also a plotclone.))

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 03:27 PM
Len shows up on the grounds and approaches Wenomir.

Hello, sir, I would like to take part in this competition, but I have two questions on the rules. The first is: are there separate categories based on skill level, and the second is: what exactly constitutes magic?

Morty
2010-12-02, 03:32 PM
There are categories of a sort... people are free to say what level they're on so everyone can fight people on their skill level. As for magic... there's really no hard-and-fast definition, not in the Nexus. Basically, you have to ask yourself - is what you do a result of combat training? If it's not, you probably shouldn't use it.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 03:39 PM
Ah, I was born with my projections, so in this context, I would guess that they count. I am a blademaster, and specialize in two weapon fighting, so I would appreciate not being put against novices.

Len says, before his hand brushes the ocarina at his belt.

Oh, and I can provide entertainment between duels, if it is needed.

Morty
2010-12-02, 03:40 PM
Duly noted on both accounts. Wenomir nods.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 03:47 PM
Thank you. Now is there somewhere I can go to warm up??

He asks, reaching one of his hands under his coat.

Morty
2010-12-02, 03:48 PM
The Training Grounds are here for that, among other things.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 03:51 PM
Thank you again.

He says, drawing one of his swords from under his coat and heading toward the training grounds.

Gullara
2010-12-02, 03:53 PM
Thank you again.

He says, drawing one of his swords from under his coat and heading toward the training grounds.

He will encounter Orak there, swinging his rifle around in complex patterns.

Recaiden
2010-12-02, 03:58 PM
Headed along to the first aid tents is a person, dressed in fuzzy white robes with the symbol of a candle. Can't let Dalalrech's people do all the healing themselves. That would just be too much work.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 04:00 PM
Len nods to Orak before starting his own exercises, closing his eyes as a projection of himself appears in front of him, and then starting with simple stances, his projection watching, ready to strike him should he make a mistake.

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 04:00 PM
In the training tents, Lauretta is practicing with her bolas.

She's okay, but far from skilled. She hasn't been using them long.

Gullara
2010-12-02, 04:04 PM
Orak nods back at Len without interrupting his exorcises.

It should be noted his rifle has sickle like blades extending downward from the end of the barrel and stock.

MPG
2010-12-02, 04:07 PM
Kordson is grinning from ear to ear.
"Woo! lets get this party started."

Looking around the field he spots Wenomir, well he is the only member of WATCHTOWER that I know.
Running up to Wenomir he's just about yelling, "Hey, hey, Weno, hey! You know you can sign me up. I'll try just about anything, but I guess I'm primarily a fist fighter. If someone needs a sparing partner for armed combat I'm, I'll, uh..." Kordson catches his breath and continues at a more controled volume, "hoo, Well just let me know when I can start. And well I have these gloves. While I suppose they are magic, the magic is designed to soften the blow and prevent me from breakin' bones. Are they OK?"

Morty
2010-12-02, 04:10 PM
Wenomir turns to Kordson, somewhat amused by his enthusiasm. You're free to fight once you find a partner. As for the gloves... well, I have to ask you to take them off anyway. I trust you that they're just enchanted to soften the blow, but I can't make exceptions. Otherwise people will badger me to allow them to use their magic items too.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 04:11 PM
Len finishes his single sword stances and reaches under his coat with his empty hand, drawing his other sword, and proceeding to go through the simple stances for two weapon fighting as well.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-02, 04:14 PM
Prince strolls onto the grounds, still wearing his manly pink vest and plastic tiara, although he has carved the tiara into a silver wristband. He walks over to Wenomir, smiling at the thought of getting to fight someone again. I wish to join this contest.

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 04:15 PM
((He was only ordered to wear those for a day, you know. :smalltongue:))

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-02, 04:19 PM
(Yes, well, he rather likes his vest. And I forgot. Also, what's the point of Moff making Prince do whatever he says if he never gives Prince any orders? I could really use something for Prince to do, even if it is a ridiculously humiliating quest.)

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 04:20 PM
Moff wanders into the thread. "Yo, Edgar. Looking fly!"

Reinholdt
2010-12-02, 04:21 PM
Doesn't Prince have a bazillion SAINT contracts to go fulfill? :smallconfused:
After all that work getting his powers and he doesn't even try to hunt down Jack.

Mister Squiggles mans the concession stands if anyone wants food or drink.

Man being an operative word.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 04:23 PM
Kordson is grinning from ear to ear.
"Woo! lets get this party started."

Looking around the field he spots Wenomir, well he is the only member of WATCHTOWER that I know.
Running up to Wenomir he's just about yelling, "Hey, hey, Weno, hey! You know you can sign me up. I'll try just about anything, but I guess I'm primarily a fist fighter. If someone needs a sparing partner for armed combat I'm, I'll, uh..." Kordson catches his breath and continues at a more controled volume, "hoo, Well just let me know when I can start. And well I have these gloves. While I suppose they are magic, the magic is designed to soften the blow and prevent me from breakin' bones. Are they OK?"

"Hey Kordson!" Maxios says "Hey Moff!"

MPG
2010-12-02, 04:24 PM
Wenomir turns to Kordson, somewhat amused by his enthusiasm. You're free to fight once you find a partner. As for the gloves... well, I have to ask you to take them off anyway. I trust you that they're just enchanted to soften the blow, but I can't make exceptions. Otherwise people will badger me to allow them to use their magic items too.

"Ok. that sounds fair. I'll see you around." Kordson waves and runs off to the training area and scope out the other combatants and possably find his first sparing partner.
Luckily his other gear is nonmagical.

"Hey, Max..."

Morty
2010-12-02, 04:26 PM
Wenomir puts Prince down on the list of combatants. What's your preferred method of combat and level of skill?

Maxios
2010-12-02, 04:28 PM
"Ok. that sounds fair. I'll see you around." Kordson waves and runs off to the training area and scope out the other combatants and possably find his first sparing partner.
Luckily his other gear is nonmagical.

"Hey, Max..."

"Nice to see you around here." Maxios says.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-02, 04:33 PM
A woman with short white hair and gray eyes walks into the area. she glances around, taking in the sights. She wears dark jeans, a white tank top, and a black leather jacket. Strapped to the back of the jacket is a bladed ring, about the size of a steering wheel. On her chest, above the cut of her tank top, is an onyx stone with a white swirl. The stone is fused to her chest.

She gets into line behind Prince, waiting for her turn to sign up.

Gullara
2010-12-02, 04:39 PM
Orak finishes his exorcise and approaches Len. "You fight with great skill. I am called Orak," He extends his hand to Len, "Do you wish to be my first opponent?"

Maxios
2010-12-02, 04:39 PM
"Hey Kordson, want to duel?" Maxios asks

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-02, 04:41 PM
((Since TE is off right now...))

Zel approaches Wenomir.

Hey, I'd like to sign up for this. Is telekinesis allowed? Cause that's how I use my weapon.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 04:42 PM
His simple stances done, Len moves on to much more advanced maneuvers, swing one sword or both in complicated patterns, weaving an and out and stepping around, feet placed precisely. He swings one of his swords, pulling the other arm back, when his projection slices up at one of his arms. It hits, and Len winces.

I see, I pulled my arm too far back, and left myself open. Restart?

His projection nods, and he does so, this time finishing without problems.

Edit: Oh, hey, a post.

Len puts his swords away and takes Orak's forearm in his hand.

So long as you think you'll be fine, I'll be up for it. To first blood?

MPG
2010-12-02, 04:45 PM
"Sounds good. But lets make this interesting. No weapons, and who ever wins gets... I don't know what do you want?"
Kordson replies as he changes direction and heads for the arena.

Morty
2010-12-02, 04:46 PM
((Since TE is off right now...))

Zel approaches Wenomir.

Hey, I'd like to sign up for this. Is telekinesis allowed? Cause that's how I use my weapon.

As long as you don't use it to do something you couldn't with your hands, I suppose it's okay... Wenomir sounds uncertain.
((Also, please use location tags during the fights. "Arena #1", "Arena #2" etc. would work.))

Maxios
2010-12-02, 04:48 PM
"Sounds good. But lets make this interesting. No weapons, and who ever wins gets... I don't know what do you want?"
Kordson replies as he changes direction and heads for the arena.

"If I win, you officialy join LANTERN. If you win, I build a ground HQ for you." Maxios says, going to the arena.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-02, 04:49 PM
Zel nods. Here, let me show you. Might explain it better. She raises a hand in front of her and gives it an almost lazy flick. The straps holding the ring to her back loosen, and the ring slowly floats to in front of her.

See, there's not really anywhere I can grab the ring, so I kinda have to use my abilities to fight with it. Indeed, the ring is bladed on the inner and outer edges.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-02, 04:50 PM
Signing Up Place

There's people queing here. Anyway, the first four are a red-skinned tiefling with black hair, a pointed goatee and stubby horns; he is wearing a black tunic with a white two-tailed scorpion and black breeches, an aasimar with long, silver-blonde hair and golden eyes, wearing a fur cloak concealing her body, a six-and-a-half-foot tall human woman with long red hair cascading down her back and green eyes a shade found rarely in humans and a gnome. The gnome is wearing an orange silk shirt, a red velvet waistcoat with shiny brass buttons, green silk pantaloons and a purple cloak with yellow tassels. Atop his head is a blue bowler hat with a tall white feather sticking out of it. All four are wearing a silver amulet around their necks depicting a two-tailed scorpion.

After those four people are an elderly human woman with her middle aged half-orc son, a gnome riding an ornate chair with four legs and three hands, accompanied by a ten-foot-tall granite golem with hammer-shaped hands.

Gullara
2010-12-02, 04:52 PM
Orak makes a barking/clicking noise that is most likely a laugh, "You humans are an amusing species. Yes, I will be fine. The question is, will you?" He laughs again, kroot humor. "

First blood is adequate. Shall we go to the arena then?"

Maxios
2010-12-02, 04:52 PM
"If I win, you officialy join LANTERN. If you win, I build a ground HQ for you." Maxios says, going to the arena.

Reposting, for good measure

Morty
2010-12-02, 04:53 PM
Zel nods. Here, let me show you. Might explain it better. She raises a hand in front of her and gives it an almost lazy flick. The straps holding the ring to her back loosen, and the ring slowly floats to in front of her.

See, there's not really anywhere I can grab the ring, so I kinda have to use my abilities to fight with it. Indeed, the ring is bladed on the inner and outer edges.

Mhm. Alright, I suppose that's minor enough to fly past the radar. You're in.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-02, 04:57 PM
Zel nods and puts her ring back. I'll probably use it defensively, too, but I'll keep it just parrying and stuff like that. No long range. Plus, I have to make some sort of movement to use it, so that'll help even the odds out.

And with that, she'll head to the training area to warm up.

She picks an opens area, tosses her jacket to the side, and starts with some stretches.

Gotta be limber!

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 04:58 PM
Len smiles.

I'm pretty sure I'll be okay. Yes, to the arena.

He says, heading toward arena #1.

MPG
2010-12-02, 04:59 PM
[On route to the arena]
"Wow, uh Sure. .wasn't expecting that as a prize but sure. How you want the match? By knockout, ringout, the first clean hit to torso or head, or something else?"

((sorry I'm a slow poster))

Maxios
2010-12-02, 05:00 PM
[On route to the arena]
"Wow, uh Sure. .wasn't expecting that as a prize but sure. How you want the match? By knockout, ringout, the first clean hit to torso or head, or something else?"

((sorry I'm a slow poster))

((It's okay))

"Knockouts or ringouts. Either one works." Maxios says

Darkcomet
2010-12-02, 05:07 PM
People may notice Evolution Industries Security Guards patrolling the area. Of course, they're not very distinguishable from ISF troopers other than the lack of military markings, as they seem to use very similar equipment. (See my sig links.)

DC came through, it seems, though it's been delayed due to this being started while his player was offline. >.>

Gullara
2010-12-02, 05:10 PM
[Arena 1]

And they arrive at the arena.

Orak stands across from Len, his rifle held out in front of him, perfectly steady.

"Are you ready little one?"

((I should mention that Orak is 8 feet tall, thin and wiry, and is capable of moving much faster than a normal human. Gotta love the kroot.))

VampireRot
2010-12-02, 05:10 PM
"Hey Wenomir."

Ah! How'd Merrak just "appear" like that? :smallconfused::smalleek:

Sneaky drow. Though Wenomir does have the chance of seeing his stealthy approach. What with the broad daylight and all. >.>

"So, we're finally starting, eh? I can tell this will be fun already..."

Merrak does all the sign-y up things, claiming "highly skilled non-magical fighting skills". He's probably telling the truth, but drow are drow.

"So, were you thinking of doing any fighting?"

This question is addressed to Wenomir. Cause beating him up is pretty much the only reason Merrak's bothering with this. :smallconfused::smallannoyed:

MPG
2010-12-02, 05:11 PM
[Second arena]
"Cool. Either works for me."

Kordson enters the main arena area. This was an impressive building that they popped out of thin air. Gazing up at the walls and making and impressed little whistle sound, Kordson nearly trips over the stairs leading up to the second fighting zone. After recovering from the near fall and regaining his composure Kordson places his bag on the steps enters the center of the ring.

Waiting for Maxios to take his position Kordson jests, "When you're ready old man."

((How tall is Maxios about?:smallconfused: ))

Morty
2010-12-02, 05:12 PM
Wenomir turns to Merrak. Yeah. I'll definetly try to fight a duel or two later. Also, I kind of need WATCHTOWER members to be ready to talk to newcomers.

McBish
2010-12-02, 05:17 PM
Korbo the green ooze thing makes his way to the arenas looking around. Oh he smells food and goes to make get some food. He considers signing up for a fight but doesn't really think it would be fair for the most part.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 05:18 PM
[Second arena]
"Cool. Either works for me."

Kordson enters the main arena area. This was an impressive building that they popped out of thin air. Gazing up at the walls and making and impressed little whistle sound, Kordson nearly trips over the stairs leading up to the second fighting zone. After recovering from the near fall and regaining his composure Kordson places his bag on the steps enters the center of the ring.

Waiting for Maxios to take his position Kordson jests, "When you're ready old man."

((How tall is Maxios about?:smallconfused: ))

((He's about 5'9))

"I'm ready!" Maxios says

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-02, 05:19 PM
And yet more people arrive to sign up.

Although...

This fella looks a little odd. He's absolutely drenched in blood from head to toe, his hair messy, clumped together, the colour faded and replaced by a dull brown/red of dried blood. His face is hidden behind the mess, making him look even wilder than blood alone would do.

And in one hand...he holds a cricket bat.

He skips whoever else may be in front in the line and goes to sign up.

"I...know how I look, but...I know the rules. I...will not break them. I...wish to join."

(For those of you who know who this is, don't worry. He won't be causing any trouble here.)

VampireRot
2010-12-02, 05:21 PM
"I'd just put Askepios on newcomer greeting duty, unless it's too busy doing whatever its doing to multitask."

Merrak adopts his "poker face" expression, not letting a twinge of telling emotion out. He's really too paranoid if he thinks Wenomir might read his face like the folks back home try to. :smalltongue:

"Perhaps we could spar later too. I am... eager... after seeing your duel with the knight."

He doesn't look very eager at all. >.>

Blood-covered cricket-bat man doesn't even make Merrak bat an eyebrow.

Though it almost makes the drow slip up in surprise. <.<

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 05:24 PM
[Arena 1]

((Len is six foot two and broad shouldered, and quite fast too..))

Completely ready.

Len says, sticking his right hand under his coat and gripping the hilt of one of his swords.

Morty
2010-12-02, 05:25 PM
Hm, good idea. Wenomir is surprised by the bloodied man, unlike Merrak. Uh... alright. I'll be watching you, though.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-02, 05:25 PM

After signing up, the four Clerics of Dalachrech (the gnome in flashy dress, the tall human woman, the tiefling and the aasimar) will stand to one side and practice together. The tiefling has borrowed a shield and a heavy mace, whilst the aasimar uses a spear that telescoped out of a rod stored inside her robes, the tall woman has a staff made of baobab wood and the gnome uses a pair of daggers.

The half-orc drags his human mother (with apparant difficulty) towards Wenomir. "Please, sir tell my mum she can't fight! She's too old, there's no way she can take part safely!"
"Hah, nonsense! I'm as fit as I was in my prime, thirty years ago!" His mum seems rather fond of the idea of fighting.
"You were in your fifties thirty years ago! Your prime ended sixty years ago!"

The gnome in the magically-animated chair with the golem is waiting not too far away, as well.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-02, 05:28 PM
"Watch me...if you want. You will see nothing...against the rules. I know how to wield...my weapon of choice well, but that is...all I intend to do." The cricketbatman marks himself down as highly skilled, or advanced, or whatever the equivalent is.

He's lethal with a cricket bat.

And with that, he heads off to start training, blood dripping off his clothes as he goes, though the amount on his clothes never seems to be reduced.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-02, 05:29 PM
Zel is now running through some basic maneuvers with her ring, mostly just control stuff.

she pauses a moment when she sees cricketbatman.

MPG
2010-12-02, 05:33 PM
[Second arena]
((ok only about a foot and a half taller. Excellent))
"Then allow me to start!!"
Kordson exclaims with a huge grin.

Kordson starts into a run straight at Maxios. Watching for an opening he throws a quick right jab at his opponents mid section. He readies himself for the counter attack whether he connects or not.

VampireRot
2010-12-02, 05:34 PM
"Yes. Find me when you want to have a duel."

Merrak curtly nods to the cricketbat man, and anyone else he passes, and then walks off to the training area.

Where he begins stretching, and practicing. This consists of a very slow and drawn out "battle" with non-existent enemies. The drow moves fluidly at speeds that might impress a snail in a something more like a dance than practice.

It is pretty impressive though. Like a dance, though. >.>

Maxios
2010-12-02, 05:34 PM
[Second arena]
((ok only about a foot and a half taller. Excellent))
"Then allow me to start!!"
Kordson exclaims with a huge grin.

Kordson starts into a run straight at Maxios. Watching for an opening he throws a quick right jab at his opponents mid section. He readies himself for the counter attack whether he connects or not.

"Whoa!" Maxios says, as it hits him. He tries to karate chop Kordson.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-02, 05:36 PM
The cricketbatman turns and stares at Zel. He does not say anything, does not do anything, does not even shift the hair out of his eyes. How he can actually see with all that hair in the way must be a bit of a mystery.

The cricketbatman does not like talking unless he has to.

Instead he just stares, hoping Zel will resume practicing so he can learn how she fights, should he face her.

Morty
2010-12-02, 05:37 PM
Wenomir watches the cricketbat man go, shaking his head. Weird. Now, you mentioned you wanted to spar with me..?
When he gets a free moment, he tells Askepios, the AI created by Ilyena, one of WATCHTOWER's wizards, to greet newcomers. It will take form of a man clad in mail, a cloak made out of a wolf's pelt on his shoulders and a horned helmet. Unless Ilyena's player says Askepios is too busy working as surveilance, that is.

Gullara
2010-12-02, 05:40 PM
[Arena 1]

((Len is six foot two and broad shouldered, and quite fast too..))

Completely ready.

Len says, sticking his right hand under his coat and gripping the hilt of one of his swords.

((Sorry about the delay, had to eat))

[Arena 1]

"Then let us begin." Orak punctuates this statement with a sweep of his rifle. His movements are like the snap of a whip.

((Also note the knife on his belt))

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 05:41 PM
Lauretta sees her co-religionists arrive and joins their party, smiling happily, even though she expects to lose.

MPG
2010-12-02, 05:43 PM
[Second arena]

The chop strikes Kordson on the shoulder. With a feigned Gasp, Kordson drops to one knee.
Then with a great Yah!, and a mighty laugh, he tries to drive his fist into his opponents knee.

Of course this was just a fun spar and Kordson does not intend to break Maxios' leg.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 05:49 PM
[Arena 1]

Len pulls one of his swords downward out of his coat and moves it to block the rifle, kicking at at Orak with is left leg.

((It might be worth mentioning that Len has a belt knife too, as well as many more knives up his sleeves, and one in his boot.))

Earl of Purple
2010-12-02, 05:51 PM
Lauretta will recognise the tiefling (Defelent a'Dam, one of the joint second-in-command), the aasimar (Azurelle d'Langley), the tall woman (Reverend Gertrude/Madame de la Moy) and the gnome (Destur Spritesson). They are all very good with their chosen weapons, but they will go easy on Lauretta.

She might also be aware that Destur is unlikely to only have two daggers on his person; he's currently using two, but he generally carries six.

Meanwhile, the gnome in the golemchair and his experimental wargolem are trying to find somebody to talk to. The half-orc and his elderly mother are having a very vocal arguement; the son believes his mother is too old to fight whilst the mother vehemently disagrees.

Gullara
2010-12-02, 05:52 PM
[Arena 1]

Orak leaps backward out of the range of the kick. At the same time he pulls his rifle back in an attempt to hook Len's sword its blade.

Murska
2010-12-02, 05:55 PM
[Sign-ups]

A man in his twenties with pale grey eyes and a small beard walks up. His clothing is rather worn, except for a fine brown cloak unusually cut to cover his left arm. He seems rather confident, judging by his posture and stride.

"Greetings. Is this where I can sign up?"

Maxios
2010-12-02, 05:56 PM
[Second arena]

The chop strikes Kordson on the shoulder. With a feigned Gasp, Kordson drops to one knee.
Then with a great Yah!, and a mighty laugh, he tries to drive his fist into his opponents knee.

Of course this was just a fun spar and Kordson does not intend to break Maxios' leg.

"Ouch." Maxios says, as he falls to the ground. He attempts to pucnch Kordson twice, then finsh with an uppercut.

Morty
2010-12-02, 05:57 PM
[Sign-ups]

A man in his twenties with pale grey eyes and a small beard walks up. His clothing is rather worn, except for a fine brown cloak unusually cut to cover his left arm. He seems rather confident, judging by his posture and stride.

"Greetings. Is this where I can sign up?"

He's greeted by WATCHTOWER's AI taking the form of a bearded, mail-clad man in a wolf pelt cloak and horned helmet. Indeed it is. Please tell me your name, preferred method of fighting and skill level. Huh. The speech doesn't really match the appearance.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 06:00 PM
[Arena 1]

Len pulls back, the waving blade sliding up off of the blades on the rifle. He begins tossing his sword from hand to hand, and it is soon joined by a knife, which ends up in his left, with the sword in his right. He charges, feigning with the knife and swinging his sword for Orak's leg.

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 06:00 PM
Lauretta will recognise the tiefling (Defelent a'Dam, one of the joint second-in-command), the aasimar (Azurelle d'Langley), the tall woman (Reverend Gertrude/Madame de la Moy) and the gnome (Destur Spritesson). They are all very good with their chosen weapons, but they will go easy on Lauretta.

She might also be aware that Destur is unlikely to only have two daggers on his person; he's currently using two, but he generally carries six.

Lauretta doesn't want to fight at the moment. She has news to share. "Look what I just learned!" :smallsmile: She lifts a hand, and several beetles land on it.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-02, 06:04 PM
"Well done, Lauretta. You are progressing very well." Defelent smiles and they all seem to be truly pleased, whilst the others also agree in words similar enough to be boring to type out three more times in different colours.

Murska
2010-12-02, 06:07 PM
He's greeted by WATCHTOWER's AI taking the form of a bearded, mail-clad man in a wolf pelt cloak and horned helmet. Indeed it is. Please tell me your name, preferred method of fighting and skill level. Huh. The speech doesn't really match the appearance.

"Naib. Hands and armguard. Okay, I guess.

The armguard has some enchantments but I can turn them off. Durability, speed and strength. Or I can use a nonmagical one."

Morty
2010-12-02, 06:08 PM
That would be preferable, the figure of the war-god says.

MPG
2010-12-02, 06:13 PM
[Second arena]
"Ouch." Maxios says, as he falls to the ground. He attempts to pucnch Kordson twice, then finsh with an uppercut.

Kordson manages to dodge the first strike and blocks the second; however, uppercut comes in just under his gaurd striking him hard on the chin.
Staggering back, Kordson springs back up to his feet.

"Hey not bad. And here I thought you weren't going to put up much of a fight."

Kordson's laugh and smiling face quickly turn serious. He takes an unusual fighting stance. Feet strad wide but square, hands down at his side and eyes closed.

"Come on fearless leader. Lets see what you got."

Gullara
2010-12-02, 06:13 PM
[Arena 1]

Orak watches Len's movements carefully, and when Len charges so does he.

The kroot throws down his rifle to block the sword and snaps his head forward to headbutt Len in the face. His other hand attempt to grab Len's dagger arm.

Murska
2010-12-02, 06:14 PM
That would be preferable, the figure of the war-god says.

"All right. Anything else?"

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-02, 06:15 PM
The cricketbatman resumes his wandering through the training area periodically stopping to make a few practice swings with his cricket bat. He's rather fast, like a blur...

Then he spots Merrak's rather odd form of training and stops to watch...and stare...still and silent as a dead man.

Morty
2010-12-02, 06:15 PM
"All right. Anything else?"

Obey the rules of the tournament and you're free to duel with an opponent of your choosing or perhaps train.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 06:18 PM
[Arena 1]

Len slides to avoid the headbutt, dropping his knife, and trying to slide between Orak's legs and get behind him.

Murska
2010-12-02, 06:20 PM
Obey the rules of the tournament and you're free to duel with an opponent of your choosing or perhaps train.

"Okay. Thanks." He turns to head further into the area.

VampireRot
2010-12-02, 06:20 PM
The cricketbatman resumes his wandering through the training area periodically stopping to make a few practice swings with his cricket bat. He's rather fast, like a blur...

Then he spots Merrak's rather odd form of training and stops to watch...and stare...still and silent as a dead man.

Creepy. :smalleek:

If Merrak notices, which he most definitely does, he doesn't comment. The drow just continues his dance of death, probably killing thousands of imaginary enemies. The long sword and mace never stop moving, and he continues for quite a while. Silent, apparently focused entirely on the motions of the fighting style, and watching everything around him.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-02, 06:21 PM
The gnome riding in a four-legged, ornate walking chair will ride his comfortable-looking mount towards the war-god figure. Accompanying him is a ten-foot tall stone golem with hammer-shaped hands. "Good morning. Can I enter my new wargolem design? The only magic it has is that which animates it, I promise. I'll even let one of your wizards looking it over to make sure I am telling the truth."

Gullara
2010-12-02, 06:23 PM
[Arena 1]

Len is successful. When his headbutt misses, Orak uses his forward momentum to fall into a roll. He ends up facing Len and crouching, rifle held out in front of him as if to shoot.

Morty
2010-12-02, 06:24 PM
The gnome riding in a four-legged, ornate walking chair will ride his comfortable-looking mount towards the war-god figure. Accompanying him is a ten-foot tall stone golem with hammer-shaped hands. "Good morning. Can I enter my new wargolem design? The only magic it has is that which animates it, I promise. I'll even let one of your wizards looking it over to make sure I am telling the truth."

I am afraid a stone golem is inerently magical and thus unfair. Few martial artists can harm it without use of magic weapons.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 06:26 PM
[Arena 1]

Len smiles, and holds his sword fencing style, pointed at Orak, reaching under his coat with his left hand and taking hold of his other sword.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-02, 06:26 PM
The cricketbatman moves a little closer, watching intently as Merrak continues his dance of death...

And then the cricketbatman starts moving in time to Merrak.

Not mimicking his actions, oh no, there'd be no point in that. The cricketbatman doesn't want to learn other styles.

Rather, the cricketbatman is moving to counter every strike and swing Merrak makes. Practicing from a distance...in case they should ever meet in the arena...

Maxios
2010-12-02, 06:28 PM
[Second arena]

Kordson manages to dodge the first strike and blocks the second; however, uppercut comes in just under his gaurd striking him hard on the chin.
Staggering back, Kordson springs back up to his feet.

"Hey not bad. And here I thought you weren't going to put up much of a fight."

Kordson's laugh and smiling face quickly turn serious. He takes an unusual fighting stance. Feet strad wide but square, hands down at his side and eyes closed.

"Come on fearless leader. Lets see what you got."

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ya!" Maxios says, and begins attacking very quickly.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-02, 06:31 PM
"Very well, if you insist. I will test the design elsewhere. Oh, and if you say you set this place up, I'll give you a discount at my shop. It's Pontius's Custom Constructs, and I will either sell you a mass-produced golem or one built to your specifications." Only thing is, Pontius's 'discount's tend to increase the price, which are already very expensive.

VampireRot
2010-12-02, 06:32 PM
The cricketbatman moves a little closer, watching intently as Merrak continues his dance of death...

And then the cricketbatman starts moving in time to Merrak.

Not mimicking his actions, oh no, there'd be no point in that. The cricketbatman doesn't want to learn other styles.

Rather, the cricketbatman is moving to counter every strike and swing Merrak makes. Practicing from a distance...in case they should ever meet in the arena...

Merrak notes this out of the corner of his eye.

The slow dance of death quickly becomes a whirlwind of destruction. Though nothing is actually touched by the weapons, of course. The drow goes through the motions with regular speed, nay, with irregular speed, so fast that the strikes would be useless on an actual target. But he's not actually fighting anything, so the mace and sword are free to audibly sweep through the air without resistance.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-02, 06:35 PM
And the cricketbatman moves to match Merrak. The cricket bat becomes a blur in his hand, and blood sprays off his face, his clothes, his hair, splattering all around him on the ground as he concentrates on keeping up.

It's much harder for the cricketbatman, effectively having to move around the imaginary Merrak he's facing to meet every swing and strike. Not an easy thing to do by any means...

happyturtle
2010-12-02, 06:36 PM
"Well done, Lauretta. You are progressing very well." Defelent smiles and they all seem to be truly pleased, whilst the others also agree in words similar enough to be boring to type out three more times in different colours.

Lauretta releases the beetles, giving them a bit of guidance to take them outside the thread general populated area for their own safety. "I can feel the invertebrate life all around us."

Gullara
2010-12-02, 06:36 PM
[Arena 1]

Orak aims, pulls the trigger, and...

Click

He laughs lightly.

The kroot rises to his feet and begins circling Len, feinting an attack every so ofter to keep him off balance.

MPG
2010-12-02, 06:39 PM
[Second arena]
As maxios approaches Korson's eyes snap open he atempts to deflect the blows, with fist on fist contact. He punchs Maxios' hands several times as they strike at him but the speed of Maxios's attack was more than Kordson had prepared for. Several blows land pushing Kordson towards the edge of the ring.

Damn guess I haven't perfected that one yet.

When the attacks let up, Kordson leaps into the air and shouts, "Water. Splitting . Stone.", as he brings his fist down at the other man's head.

If it hits it could be a knockout.
If avoided then Kordsons fist will be embedded in the arena floor.

((I Have to go soon))

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 06:41 PM
[Arena 1]

Heh. You know, this is the nearest thing to a normal fight I've had in a while.

Len says, Returning both of his swords to their scabbards. and beginning to unbutton his coat.

I think I'll have some fun with this one.

He lets his coat drop, revealing a skintight black T-shirt and both of his swords, strapped upside down to his back. He takes his scarf off, and holds it in both hands. He dashes for Orak.

VampireRot
2010-12-02, 06:42 PM
And the cricketbatman moves to match Merrak. The cricket bat becomes a blur in his hand, and blood sprays off his face, his clothes, his hair, splattering all around him on the ground as he concentrates on keeping up.

It's much harder for the cricketbatman, effectively having to move around the imaginary Merrak he's facing to meet every swing and strike. Not an easy thing to do by any means...

Merrak doesn't speed up any more. But.. the drow keeps up his whirlwind of fluid blows, and starts adding acrobatics. :smalleek:

Yes, he starts doing jumps, tripping leg-sweeps, and maybe some flips. The drow isn't just slaughtering countless non-existent foes, he's humiliating them and slaughtering them in increasingly interesting ways.

Maxios
2010-12-02, 06:42 PM
[Second arena]
As maxios approaches Korson's eyes snap open he atempts to deflect the blows, with fist on fist contact. He punchs Maxios' hands several times as they strike at him but the speed of Maxios's attack was more than Kordson had prepared for. Several blows land pushing Kordson towards the edge of the ring.

Damn guess I haven't perfected that one yet.

When the attacks let up, Kordson leaps into the air and shouts, "Water. Slitting . Stone.", as he brings his fist down at the other man's head.

If it hits it could be a knockout.
If avoided then Kordsons fist will be embedded in the arena floor.

((I Have to go soon))

((Alright)).

It hits, Maxios leanded back when it hit. It doesn't knock him out, though another attack just might.
"Flying tiger!" and Maxios does a jump kick. If it hits, he follows up with a flurry of punches

Earl of Purple
2010-12-02, 06:44 PM
"Even the worms, burrowing underground? I had difficulty with those, and I found the flying ones easier. It's due to my ancestry, I think, but I'm not sure." His father was, at the time he was conceived, possessed by a servant of Pazuzu.

Gullara
2010-12-02, 06:47 PM
[Arena 1]

"Fighting is always fun. Until you loses."

Orak looks slightly puzzled by being attack with a scarf, but he doesn't let his guard down. He sidesteps and sweeps his rifle in front of him as Len nears.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-12-02, 06:47 PM
Jumps? Jumps do not concern the cricketbatman, he simply raises his cricket bat to counter. The flips he matches with a dash forwards or backwards to keep in front/behind his imaginary foe, depending on where he is at the time.

See, when Merrak flips, he has no attacks to counter...

The low sweeps are more challenging though, forcing the cricketbatman to step back and completely avoid Merrak's next attack, rather than block it. Still, he's not quite willing to admit defeat yet.

Morty
2010-12-02, 06:50 PM
"Very well, if you insist. I will test the design elsewhere. Oh, and if you say you set this place up, I'll give you a discount at my shop. It's Pontius's Custom Constructs, and I will either sell you a mass-produced golem or one built to your specifications." Only thing is, Pontius's 'discount's tend to increase the price, which are already very expensive.

I shall inform my creator and his colleagues about it, sir.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-02, 06:52 PM
[Arena 1]

I've lost a fight and had the time of my life before, so you never know.

Len says, moving his scarf, reinforced with a chain mesh, to block the rifle and try to wrap it around.