PDA

View Full Version : The Shack in the woods (Now Recruiting!)



Pages : [1] 2 3

Sneak
2006-09-27, 09:03 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/945/shackgs1.gif

There's an old run down shack somewhere in the woods. *Moss is growing all over it, and it looks like it's about to fall over on you any second now. *The door creaks ominously as it swings open of its own accord, a heavy smell of must wafting out through the open door. *The shack as a whole looks pretty nondescript. *Until you step inside.

Then it looks nothing like a Mafia headquarters, which makes sense, because it definitely isn't. *It's a fairly large room, much larger than what you saw on the outside. *There must be some magic at work. *Tables, chairs, and stools are scattered around, and there's a bar at one end. *Maybe the place used to be a tavern. *There are also some large vaguely ominous sacks in one corner, and several doors on each wall. *There's a large suspiciously unmarked crate in the corner with a note tacked on that says

The good news is that the musty smell is gone at least. *Whew. *You can breathe through your nose now.

Welcome to The Shack™®.

P.S. *This is most definitely not related to the Mafia in any way, shape, form, smell, duck, or lightsaber.

<hr>


Mafia Manifesto

Don't talk about Fight Club the Mafia, because it doesn't exist.
Do what you’re told by The Don or your superiors.
Always look out for ways to make money for the Mafia.
Do not hide or hold back money from the Mafia.
Respect your elders in the Mafia, and the organization in general.
Protect your fellow members.
Never let a debt go unpaid.
Never be late paying your debts.
Don’t get caught.
If you do get caught, keep your mouth shut.
<hr>

Rules

Note: a 'hit' is when one Mafia member posts to state that they are attacking someone. *Usually they will be coordinated to attack one person at the same time for the best effect. *

When a chain-hit is interrupted by another person not making a hit (and not the victim), it is over. *See below for results. *
<hr>

Hit Rules

1 hit before interruption: victim survives, attacker sent to jail *
2 hits: victim survives if they are healed within half an hour, both attackers jailed *
3 hits: victim dies, 2 attackers jailed *
4 hits: victim dies, 1 attacker jailed, chosen by police or victim *
5 hits: victim dies, 1 attacker jailed, chosen by Mafia *
6 hits: victim dies
<hr>

Additional Rules
In order for someone to be hit by the Mafia, they must have agreed to it beforehand. *However, to keep the surprise and sting in the Mafia, it'll work like this. *

People that are willing to have their characters possibly killed by the Mafia will post in a 'Hit List' (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17771) thread, and only people who have given permission may be attacked.

Sneak
2006-09-27, 09:06 PM
Sneak approaches the shack and opens up the door, looking in and grinning. &quot;Well, well, well. This certainly isn't what I hoped for. It simply won't do.&quot; *cue camera closeup*

&quot;Better not go set up a 'Now Hiring' sign.&quot;

Hawkeye
2006-09-27, 09:06 PM
((yay! The non-existant mafia is not back!))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-27, 09:07 PM
((But shouldnt it be &quot;Better not set up a 'Definitely Not Hiring&quot; sign'?))

Sneak
2006-09-27, 09:10 PM
(( But that wouldn't be no double negative. We don't like no double negatives. ))

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-27, 09:12 PM
((Oh yeah, that's definitely not right because double negatives dont mean a postive.))

((I dont think I'm getting the hang of this non-existent mafia speak.))

Psicrystal
2006-09-27, 09:16 PM
I will certainly never be coming here.

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 09:16 PM
(( Well if you deninitely dont need any new equipment , or your difinitely not selling anything , im certainly not your guy ))

Hawkeye
2006-09-27, 09:19 PM
((I dont think I'm getting the hang of this non-existent mafia speak.))


((but that's the non-beauty of the non-existant mafia speak, it doesn't mess with everyones heads

I may not have taken that a little bit far....))

Sneak
2006-09-27, 09:19 PM
I will certainly never be coming here.

&quot;Glad not to hear it, my bad sir. We'd hate to have you.&quot; He smiles.

Psicrystal
2006-09-27, 09:20 PM
I completely disagree. 8)

Sneak
2006-09-27, 09:22 PM
&quot;Glad we aren't settled, then. Feel free not to come here anytime you want, or I may just have to give you a 'poodle.'&quot;

Hawkeye
2006-09-27, 09:22 PM
((Arrgghh! The yellow! It doesn't burn!))

Flabbicus
2006-09-27, 09:24 PM
(( Using gold instead wouldn't be a good idea! ))

Kenyon
2006-09-27, 09:25 PM
((I am completely not confused.))

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 09:26 PM
(( Using gold instead would be a good idea! ))

((You mean it wouldnt be a good idea .))

Flabbicus
2006-09-27, 09:26 PM
((You mean it wouldnt be a good idea .))

(( I didn't say that initially. ))

Sneak
2006-09-27, 09:30 PM
(( I don't regret doing this. No siree. ))

Sneak tips his hat to Iames and disappears in a puff of smoke.

Appolo
2006-09-27, 09:41 PM
hello. my name is not asgard. not. i am not here to offer my services to the organisation not known as the mafia. i do NOT understand the way you speak, and i am most certantly not going to help you in whatever way you may or may not request. do not reply.

Mik
2006-09-27, 09:42 PM
((Hey Sneak, it's the guy who's not stalking you))

CabbageTheif
2006-09-27, 09:56 PM
a robed and cloaked figure sneaks in the open, and walks casually in the shadows. when it comes up to the shack, it takes a step inside.

hello, don sneak. i have a little game to play with you. it starts when partners of an old buisness get back together again and cause some mischief. 2what say you?

Sneak
2006-09-27, 10:02 PM
Sneak appears in front of CT. &quot;Well, I definitely wouldn't call it a grand idea. That's not for sure.&quot;

Hydrogelic
2006-09-27, 10:27 PM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9383/enforcerfo1.png

((I am not at all bored))

Murky_Pool
2006-09-28, 05:04 AM
((As new Chief of Police, I have to say that the reformaiton of the Mafia doesn't worry me in the slightest and that I most definitely will not need a copy of the 'Hitman' rules. No Thanks, Sneak))

Sneak
2006-09-28, 07:29 AM
(( [not mafia speak] So you are worried by it? Why? Unless you weren't speaking in Mafiaspeak...it gets confusing after a while. ))

Murky_Pool
2006-09-28, 07:31 AM
((Yeah that was mafia speak. I think that's going to cause you more problems than it entertains. Are you going to post the hit rules o the first page when they're solidified? I wasn't reading Town when you did the first mafia))

Sneak
2006-09-28, 07:32 AM
((( Yes, I will post the rules on the first page. Trust me, the rules aren't that complicated, and they're more in favor of the police side than the Mafia. ))

Cathrindir
2006-09-28, 08:19 PM
A menacing, dark shadow creeps into the shack. He's seven or eight feet tall, and carrying a large halberd at his side, with a collection of daggers fitted into his belt. His breath is a hiss, and he walks sternly, proudly, and with strength. He looks around the small shack and removes his cowl, revealing the brutish, scarred face of a half-orc. His eyes glint, and he speaks, but not menacingly at all. It's a squeaky, nasal, high-pitched, stuttering voice.
&quot;Excuse me, is th-th-this the M-m-m-mafia h-headquarters?&quot;

Sneak
2006-09-28, 08:20 PM
The second Sneak looks up from the newspaper he was reading. &quot;No, it isn't. Perhaps someone gave you the wrong directions?&quot;

Cathrindir
2006-09-28, 08:23 PM
&quot;P-p-perhaps...b-but I thought I c-c-clearly saw that this was the Mafia h-h-headquart-&quot; He stops in mid-stutter. &quot;A-a-are you u-using that b-backwards M-m-mafia speak th-th-thing?&quot;

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-28, 08:25 PM
Daedrous walks by the studdering man. &quot;This is definitely not the non-existant Mafia Headquarters, right?&quot;

Sneak
2006-09-28, 08:26 PM
&quot;Of course not, my good man. That would be silly.&quot; He slaps the half-orc on the back and looks at Daedrous. &quot;Right. That would not be correct, sir.&quot;

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-28, 08:27 PM
&quot;You are not thanked.&quot; He walks over to a tree and falls asleep right there.

Sneak
2006-09-28, 08:28 PM
&quot;Hmph. Could've at least shown some gratitude. I mean, he didn't even thank me!&quot;

Cathrindir
2006-09-28, 08:30 PM
The Half-Orc, hearing the strange conversation between Sneak and Daedrous, thinks for a second, then rephrases his question.
&quot;This is n-not the Mafia Headquarters w-w-which d-d-does not e-exist, i-i-incorrect?&quot;

Sneak
2006-09-28, 08:32 PM
&quot;Don't use no double negatives, boy, we don't not like 'em. Yes, this wouldn't be Mafia room service. How may I help you?&quot;

Cathrindir
2006-09-28, 08:34 PM
&quot;I w-w-wasn't w-wondering i-if y-you wouldn't want to not hire m-m-me as p-part of the N-n-non-e-existant m-mafia?&quot;

Sneak
2006-09-28, 08:36 PM
&quot;Can you handle only using one negative at a time, man? It's not getting a bit annoying.&quot; He rolls his eyes. &quot;No, you can't join the Mafia. It doesn't exist, after all.&quot;

Cathrindir
2006-09-28, 08:40 PM
The Half-Orc, thouroughly confused, and not understanding whether he should use double negatives or not, and if the mafia does exist, suddenly throws his arms up and yells without the stuttering, &quot;Goddammit!&quot; He slams his hands on the desk. &quot;Look, does this shocking Mafia shocking exist or not?&quot;

Sneak
2006-09-28, 08:43 PM
The second Sneak doesn't bat an eye. &quot;No.&quot;

Cathrindir
2006-09-28, 08:45 PM
The Half-Orc suddenly becomes more timid. &quot;W-w-well, then, I s-s-suppose you w-wouldn't n-need a h-hit m-man for it?&quot;

Sneak
2006-09-28, 08:47 PM
&quot;No, it wouldn't. Would you like me to pay for a cab? Someone must've given you the wrong address.&quot;

Cathrindir
2006-09-28, 08:49 PM
The Half-Orc shakes his head. &quot;N-n-no, I th-think I'll m-m-manage...&quot; He walks back outside.
((Good lord, that was confusing.))

Sneak
2006-09-28, 08:55 PM
(( I apologize, but we certainly cannot accept members who lose their temper and may admit to the Mafia's existence. Sorry. ;) ))

Destro_Yersul
2006-09-28, 08:56 PM
((What Mafia?))

Cathrindir
2006-09-28, 08:58 PM
((The one that doesn't exist.))

Appolo
2006-09-29, 07:40 AM
((you are completely wrong))

now, time not to talk about my offer. just forget that i am very usefull, and do not have any minions...ayup, no minions whatsoever. do not respond.

Raistlin1040
2006-09-29, 07:48 PM
A Kobold with a headband walks by. Hey. I heard you were not hiring and I'm not here to apply. I'm not a kickass Kobold monk who join and I'm certantly not going to join anything

Trog
2006-09-29, 08:49 PM
((Huzzah! I am certainly not glad to see the Non-Existant Mafia back up and running, Sneak! ;D ))

Sneak
2006-09-29, 09:27 PM
The second Sneak throws screams at the top of his lungs. &quot;I'm sick of this! I don't want to be a criminal!&quot; He then disappears.

The Sneakbot shuffles into the shack, wearing a dark bowler hat and a trenchcoat. &quot;I am the new supreme executive officers of this organization which may or may not exist. Everyone is not hired. Bombing doesn't commence in five...four...three...&quot;

Raistlin1040
2006-09-29, 09:47 PM
The kobold punches the sneakbot and leaves.

Sneak
2006-09-29, 09:58 PM
The Sneakbot is unfazed. &quot;Visuals cache accessed, data retrieved and set target. A kobold has made an enemy this day.&quot;

Raistlin1040
2006-09-29, 10:03 PM
((I can see some funny stuff in the future so here is his info. LN Kobold Monk 25. Name: Calwreith))

Sneak
2006-09-29, 11:23 PM
The Sneakbot gets up and hangs up a sign.

Rules

Note: a 'hit' is when one Mafia member posts to state that they are attacking someone. Usually they will be coordinated to attack one person at the same time for the best effect.

When a chain-hit is interrupted by another person not making a hit (and not the victim), it is over. See below for results.

[hr]

Hit Rules
1 hit before interruption: victim survives, attacker sent to jail
2 hits: victim survives if they are healed within half an hour, both attackers jailed
3 hits: victim dies, 2 attackers jailed
4 hits: victim dies, 1 attacker jailed, chosen by police or victim
5 hits: victim dies, 1 attacker jailed, chosen by Mafia
6 hits: victim dies

[hr]

Additional Rules
In order for someone to be hit by the Mafia, they must have agreed to it beforehand. However, to keep the surprise and sting in the Mafia, it'll work like this.

People that are willing to have their characters possibly killed by the Mafia will post in a 'Hit List' thread (hopefully stickied), and only people who have given permission may be attacked.

Raistlin1040
2006-09-29, 11:25 PM
((You can put Cal on the hit list))

Rose
2006-09-30, 01:04 PM
The Sneakbot hangs up another sign that reads &quot;Now Not Recruiting!&quot; before walking out.

InaVegt
2006-09-30, 01:31 PM
Someone

A slightly see through version of Gezina walks in, she smiles and walks in.

As you are not recruiting I will not apply for a job

Rose
2006-09-30, 01:45 PM
The Sneakbot hurries back in and looks over Gezina. *&quot;Visual feedback recorded and stored. *Affirmative, we are not recruiting. *Please do not sign here.&quot; *It shoves a piece of paper in Someone's face.

InaVegt
2006-09-30, 01:49 PM
Someone

The piece of paper flies right through the incorporeal creature but gets directed to fly in front of her by some force, the incprporeal creature signs it with 'Herusi ramenaro'

I have not signed this, I would not appreceate it if you showed me around

Rose
2006-09-30, 04:14 PM
&quot;I will use the fleshy pink term 'excellent' to describe this situation. Gratitude for signing the form to hand your soul into my possession. And definitely not to join any type of organization. Let me show you the premises.&quot; It begins showing Someone around.

InaVegt
2006-09-30, 04:30 PM
Herusi ramenaro

Herusi looks around before getting pulled away by some force.

I definately do not have to go, I'm definately not sorry

Rose
2006-09-30, 04:54 PM
&quot;That is alright. Since I am now in possession of your soul, it will not be a coding error.&quot; It nods and walks away.

Renrik
2006-10-01, 10:10 PM
I definaterly don;t want to join up as a semi-independant agent. I deffinately will not killl anyone you want me to for low prices, and never rat you out for any reason whatsoever. And I am definately not the single most experienced man for the job. The job should certainly be a hit, and not just a series of assassinations on non-gufis you need silenced or taken care of. But I definately can't do hits, too.

Rose
2006-10-01, 10:20 PM
The Sneakbot approaches. &quot;You are not hired then. However, expect a lot of stuff to happen until more people join.&quot; It tips its hat to Renrik.

Flabbicus
2006-10-01, 10:40 PM
Rilik enters, looking a lot more roguish and suspicious than normal.

I'm not looking for some action, I don't want to help your cause.

He departs.

Rose
2006-10-01, 11:22 PM
&quot;Well, well, well. I seem to be picking up some pink fleshy sayings...&quot;

It goes into an inner monologue.

Tessia
2006-10-01, 11:57 PM
Tessia breezes into the door of the shack. Ugh...not even a real person to greet people?

&quot;Hello. I saw that you were not hiring and thought I would make it clear that I would not be interested in being hired.&quot;

She rolls her eyes. I hate mafia speak.

Psicrystal
2006-10-02, 12:08 AM
Iames the Dark appears.
Hello, there. I'm in charge here, and I can speak for the Don. I don't think I can say that you will not be hired.
((Also, welcome to the boards.))
[hr]
Iames the Dark teleports out.

Flabbicus
2006-10-02, 08:52 AM
Tessia breezes into the door of the shack. Ugh...not even a real person to greet people?

&quot;Hello. I saw that you were not hiring and thought I would make it clear that I would not be interested in being hired.&quot;

She rolls her eyes. I hate mafia speak.

(( Greetings from bellow! Or something similar ))

Rose
2006-10-02, 08:58 AM
Tessia breezes into the door of the shack. Ugh...not even a real person to greet people?

&quot;Hello. I saw that you were not hiring and thought I would make it clear that I would not be interested in being hired.&quot;

She rolls her eyes. I hate mafia speak.

The Sneakbot looks over at Tessia. &quot;Do you have any qualifications? Just kidding. You're not hired. Work doesn't start tomorrow. Please don't be here at the office to pick up your free dental.&quot;

ChaotikLawfull
2006-10-02, 10:46 AM
((Once Chaotik doesn't get ressurected, he prolably won't be interested in not working here.))

Tessia
2006-10-02, 06:14 PM
Tessia mutters about mechanical cats under her breath and leaves the shack.

Psicrystal
2006-10-04, 11:59 AM
Iames the Dark appears in the Shack and waits. We'll see... I'll show us all...

((By popular request, I will no longer be using yellow text for Iames the Dark.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-04, 12:30 PM
Iames the Light appears in the Shack. Hah! We knew we'd find us here! We know us too well!

Psicrystal
2006-10-04, 12:32 PM
We're fools, both of us. We'll never find us. Iames the Dark teleports away.

Hydrogelic
2006-10-04, 12:32 PM
* Appears in the doorway *

'Drat , did i miss him ?'

Lord Iames Osari
2006-10-04, 12:35 PM
Yes. I might be able to trace me... No, damnation. I've teleported again. He looks at Hydro. We'll just have to find me another time. Let's go back to the Tavern. Iames teleports out.

ChaotikLawfull
2006-10-04, 12:53 PM
Some time later, a black-and-orange robed, somewhat scruffy man enters.

&quot;Bad day. I would not like to find well-paying employment with the nonexisting mafia which definitely is not based from here. I am not a powerful and morally challenged wizard and do not have any prior experience with the things not working for a nonexistant mafia organization may entail.&quot; , Chaotik says, adjusting to the mafia-speak quite easily.

Psicrystal
2006-10-04, 01:07 PM
Iames the dark appears. Awful. You're not hired.

ChaotikLawfull
2006-10-04, 01:10 PM
&quot;Terrible. I cannot be found in the dark tower on the cliff in case I need to be contacted about anything I don't have to do.&quot;

The wizard leaves. Evilly.

Psicrystal
2006-10-04, 02:58 PM
Iames reappears. Hmmmm... I'll have to lie low for a while, until the police have slowed down the search for me... But where to go until then?... He disappears again.

Cathrindir
2006-10-05, 09:06 AM
A Yuan-Ti slithers in, hissing every few meters. &quot;I would not be interesssted in a job at the mafia.&quot;

blackfox
2006-10-05, 09:11 PM
BlackFox wanders into the Shack. &quot;Hey, Sneakbot, I would definitely not be interested in a job here. Would you be equally uninterested in hiring me?&quot;

Cathrindir
2006-10-05, 09:13 PM
The Yuan-Ti, getting no answer, turns on its heel (if it had a heel) and leaves.

blackfox
2006-10-05, 09:24 PM
BlackFox waits for a little while, tapping her foot impatiently. Then she goes up to the SneakBot and tapes a note over its visual sensors saying:

Sneak/SneakBot/whoever the heck you aren't, I don't want to join the Mafia, so please don't get back to me about it as soon as you can.

--BlackFox
Then she leaves.

Sneak
2006-10-05, 10:06 PM
The Sneakbot boots up.

&quot;Visual responses hindered. *Object in front of eye. *This isn't eyetoy, people, if you wave something in front of my face into won't turn me off! *Sheesh.&quot; *It takes off the note and reads it. *&quot;Yes....exxxxxcellent. *Not hired, definitely.&quot;

Cathrindir
2006-10-06, 09:30 AM
The Yuan-Ti re-enters. &quot;As I was greeted warmly yesterday, I'd like to say I do not wish to join the Mafia.&quot;

Psicrystal
2006-10-06, 10:48 AM
Iames the Dark appears.
Hello, there. I'm in charge here, and I can speak for the Don. I don't think I can say that you will not be hired.

Cathrindir
2006-10-06, 11:01 AM
&quot;Terrible. I definitely don't want to know about the payment the mafia offers.&quot;

Rose
2006-10-06, 08:32 PM
&quot;Well, aside from inflicting pain and worry upon our more fleshy and pink brethren, payment includes free dental, the poodle of your choice, and any money that we make from our perfectly legitimate business operations.&quot;

Cathrindir
2006-10-06, 08:43 PM
&quot;Horrible. I hope I'm not hired.&quot;

Rose
2006-10-06, 08:49 PM
&quot;Definitely not.&quot; It bows mechanically (heh heh) and tips its hat to the yuan ti.

Cathrindir
2006-10-06, 08:51 PM
The Yuan-Ti (attempts) to give a short bow in return.&quot;Curses. I will not be in touch.&quot; He slithers out the door.

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-06, 08:52 PM
&quot;Testing font.&quot;

[I never knew there was font tags...]

Flabbicus
2006-10-06, 10:09 PM
&quot;Testing font.&quot;

[I never knew there was font tags...]

(( Didn't work. ))

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-10-07, 04:13 AM
*A note is passed under the door*

If you would be ever so kind as to inform myself of the time and position of a hit, I shall be there to collect the soul shortly afterwards.

Yours Truely
-Death

Kenyon
2006-10-11, 09:49 PM
An innocent NPC runs up to the shack, and drops off a wooden case. There is not a musket or two blunderbuss inside the case for anyone near the shack to use as they see fit.

The NPC, unnerved by the atmosphere around the shack, runs off quickly.

blackfox
2006-10-12, 08:37 PM
BlackFox peeks around the corner of the shack, then walks up to the nonexistant crate of poodles. She selects a small, perfectly-safe-looking poodle, and disappears into the shadows.

Flabbicus
2006-11-01, 09:05 PM
Rilik camps out by the shack, awaiting hits on people which will be carried out sometime in the next few days.

*Tumbleweeds*

He waits.

Tessia
2006-11-03, 02:53 PM
Tessia wanders up, notices the crate of poodles, takes one, then heads over to Rilik.

"Hey there. What're we waiting for?"

Flabbicus
2006-11-03, 03:55 PM
Huh? Oh, I just got bored waiting for a job to find me so I decided to come here and look for one. But instead I'm still waiting for one to find me.

Tessia
2006-11-04, 01:43 PM
"Mind if I wait with you?" She lights a cigarette.

Flabbicus
2006-11-04, 01:58 PM
Uh sure.

He sits down in the chair with his face mostly obscured by the hat.

(( I will be leaving soon and won't be back until tomorrow ))

Sneak
2006-11-05, 09:41 AM
(( Sorry for the lack of...everything. I've been kind of neglecting the Mafia. Tear.

Okay, I'll try to actually do some stuff now. ))

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-05, 10:02 AM
((If you are low on numbers, Death won't mind filling in as a Mafiaosa))

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 10:44 AM
((If you are low on numbers, Death won't mind filling in as a Mafiaosa))

(( But then I can't blow you up! :biggrin: :wink: ))

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-05, 10:54 AM
((I'm devestated to hear that Rilik.

Truly I am.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 10:58 AM
((I'm devestated to hear that Rilik.

Truly I am.))

(( It's a real shame, but with proper time and counciling I think I can pull through. ))

Hoseki
2006-11-05, 11:01 AM
((Would Gatamu eating the FSM help?))

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 11:05 AM
((Would Gatamu eating the FSM help?))

(( Maybe. ))

Sneak
2006-11-05, 11:48 AM
(( Okay...now I have a hit planned...but I don't think there are that many people in the Mafia online. Grr. ))

AmberVael
2006-11-05, 11:51 AM
((If you really, really want members, the Dancing Man can join for the sheer hell of it))

Tessia
2006-11-05, 12:48 PM
((Just so you know, Tessia's almost always online.....just usually on one of her other two accounts.....))

Xerillum
2006-11-05, 01:18 PM
An aussie shepherd runs through carrying three t-bones, with Cosmo in hot pursuit.

Rainspattered
2006-11-05, 01:46 PM
"Ah, sucha place as this, not a font of organized crimse, is not the place for me to engage in hits and practice my spells. Which I don't want to do, anyway, of course. I'm most certainly not asking to join," Ra'Tiel says, hoping he's gotten the convulted speech patterns even half right. "Where isn't the hit list, by the way?"

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 01:55 PM
Eh!? Someone isn't here! Oh, uh... it's not right over there

He points Ra'Tiel to the list (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17771).

Rainspattered
2006-11-05, 02:29 PM
"No thanks to you, I haven't found the list," Ra'Tiel says greatfully to Flabbicus.

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 02:39 PM
It was most certainly a problem. It was not a pleasure helping you.

He goes back to loitering around.

Xerillum
2006-11-05, 02:42 PM
the dog runs back, and morphs back nt a man. I won't join.

Lucky
2006-11-05, 03:16 PM
Traven approaches the shack. I've been told of this place, the Non-existant mafia? He smiles and shakes his head as he approaches the shack, knocking at the door. Now remember... they don't actually say what they mean... get it right the first time.

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 03:24 PM
(( Sorry for the wait. ))

Rilik gets up and greets the dogman and Traven.

What isn't the meaning of this? We don't want new members.

Lucky
2006-11-05, 03:27 PM
Well I don't want to be one, I have no interest in this, and most certainly would not make a good member as I do not own the Den and I am not in the process of acquiring the Black Market. Traven says to the man at the door.

Xerillum
2006-11-05, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't like to join, and I can't kill people and act like an innocent dog. ((and he doesn't prefer to be called a weredog.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 03:32 PM
Okay, you're both not hired, but seeing as how I am not merely a mafioso we won't need the don's permission. The weapons are not inside.

Lucky
2006-11-05, 03:33 PM
Well I suppose I won't come inside. Traven says as he steps in.

Xerillum
2006-11-05, 03:37 PM
Well I'm not already inside.

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 03:41 PM
Huh? How didn't that happen? I thought I wasn't sitting outside.

Lucky
2006-11-05, 05:25 PM
Traven after waiting for a while, decides he better check on things at the Den. Don't tell the don I wasn't here, and he can't find me at the Den. He says before departing.

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 05:28 PM
Sure I won't.

He starts to wave his hand in front of the dog, hoping to wake it up.

Rainspattered
2006-11-05, 07:07 PM
"Well, I hope the Don doesn't come to refrain from giving his permission."

Xerillum
2006-11-05, 07:39 PM
Oh, i'm not sorry. I don't sometimes doze off.

Xerillum
2006-11-05, 09:17 PM
Don't tell the don that I wasn't here. Finne doesn't leave.

Kyrian
2006-11-05, 09:21 PM
((X, there is still an edit button....please use it.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-05, 09:21 PM
Don't tell the don that I wasn't here. Finne doesn't leave.

(( Sorry for missing your earlier post. ))

Rilik leaves a note on the door and leaves.


We didn't just get a major influx of new members

(( ^ Well there was a 2 hour gap between them... ))

Xerillum
2006-11-05, 09:32 PM
((Sorrrrry, lord god almighty kyrian))

Rainspattered
2006-11-05, 11:56 PM
"Well, the new members didn't come because this are didn't recently come to attention. I always noticed it before now, it wasn't new to me."

EloquentRune
2006-11-06, 11:55 AM
ER walks by the shack in the woods and with telepatic speech sends a message to the owner... I, Eloquent Rune wouldn't be not interested in not being a part of what is not going on in the shack.

Then he walks back to hookah hank's and waits to see if anything comes about.

Flabbicus
2006-11-06, 11:19 PM
(( Here's a code I found that might fight in with our ideals:


Don't do what you’re told by your superiors.
Don't always look out for ways to make money for the Family.
Always hide or hold back money from the Family.
Don't respect your elders in the Family, and in the Organization in general.
Let any and all debts go unpaid.
Always be late paying your debts.
Do get caught.
If you don't get caught, don't keep your mouth shut. ))

(( v whoops... ))

McBish
2006-11-06, 11:21 PM
((Now just make it a negative statment.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-11, 04:00 PM
A tall man in a trenchcoat, a hat, and armor carts a cat-like robot out of The Shack™®. He unceremoniously places Sneakimus Prime by the waste disposal. Rilik tilts his hat ominously and pulls out his blade. He carves a single sentence into a large nearby rock.

Please Don't Come In

The new Don walks out of the woods and towards the Town.

(( This has been done with Sneak's permission. Well, me becoming the new Don was at least... ))

(( And all those who wished to be are now part of the Mafia. ))

Deadly
2006-11-11, 04:11 PM
A shadow shifts slightly near the shack.

TheHawk
2006-11-11, 04:48 PM
I definitely do NOT want to join the non-existant Mafia.

Deadly
2006-11-11, 04:50 PM
If a shadow could raise an eyebrow, the one hiding outside definatly would at that sentence.

TheHawk
2006-11-11, 04:56 PM
((well sorry, I've been sick so my mind is shut down, and my spelling has always been bad.))

Deadly
2006-11-11, 04:58 PM
((Oh... it was a comment about the "Mafia Speak", this shadow haven't encountered such a thing before :)))

TheHawk
2006-11-11, 05:00 PM
((Ah, well I fixed it anyways.))

Renrik
2006-11-11, 08:09 PM
A pair of goblinoids, one, a goblin, wearing a slum worker's garb, and the other, a hobgoblin, wearing a heavy cloak and leather armor, approach the shack.

The goblin knocks on the door.

Flabbicus
2006-11-11, 08:15 PM
The Don opens the door.

Bad evening gentlemen. Are you not interested in a position?

Rilik snaps his fingers and an illusion of himself remains by the door at all times, accepting all that understand the convoluted Mafia speech. He goes back to town.

[hr]

Rilik re-enters and practically falls onto a table.

(( Night. ))

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-14, 12:36 AM
A tall man wearing green armour walks up to the shack carrying four barrels and a case full of firearms. All of these things have the Dead-eye's markings on them. He leaves them inside the shack, informing the illusion at the door that they aren't for the mafia. He then leaves.

Tessia
2006-11-14, 12:39 AM
Tessia mutters about boredom and wanders off.

Renrik
2006-11-14, 01:06 PM
A note is left outside the hut:

We would speak with the Don. Leave a note on Pier 1 if you accept. Up the Revolution!

Malekith
2006-11-14, 02:17 PM
"you dont do hired assasinations do you, i certainly wouldnt like to pay for the death of several random paladins... you know, just not to put the fear of god into them..."

"hey i certainly wouldnt want to join so that i might kill those paladins myself..."

"dont sign me up... i wouldnt want to do some assasination work"

Flabbicus
2006-11-14, 04:28 PM
Rilik walks up to the door and drops the cigar at his feet, he then crushes it underneath his boot. He dusts off his coat, adjusts his hat, and opens the creeky old door. He pulls out a small metallic object and deactivates the illusion as an afterthought.

Excellent. I should probably pay them. And what's this? A new recruit, and a request? Hm...

He pulls out the poodles from his coat and exchanges them for the mechanical pistols. He gathers all of the other guns which he puts it into a grain storage bag, and moves it into the corner. He picks up the barrels one by one and hauls them over by the door.

The bag containing the pistol says


One per person

(( There are 6 flintlock pistols and 2 rifles with scopes within. ))

TheHawk
2006-11-14, 09:54 PM
So, am I not in or not out?

Flabbicus
2006-11-14, 10:08 PM
Oh, sorry. You're not hired. Definitely not hired. Don't take a poodle if you want. Although I see you don't already have weapons.

He goes back to looking shifty in the room.

TheHawk
2006-11-15, 05:39 PM
Darn! I hate this.

Definitely doesn't leave.

Flabbicus
2006-11-15, 05:44 PM
Rilik suddenly remembers that there's a continuity problem because he's in two places at once, and promptly realizes that he's actually the illusion while the real one's in Trog's.

Kenyon
2006-11-15, 06:14 PM
((Awww, people are using Kenyon's weapons for illegal purposes! I feel so proud. He won't be when he finds out, though. This ought to be fun.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-15, 06:16 PM
((Awww, people are using Kenyon's weapons for illegal purposes! I feel so proud. He won't be when he finds out, though. This ought to be fun.))

(( Well Death did it before too...

Which reminds me that I have to pay you. ))

Kenyon
2006-11-15, 06:25 PM
((Well, yeah, I know Death ordered the first batch, but this is the first time the weapons have actively been mentioned as being used by ANY of Kenyon's clients, let alone the non-existant Mafia.))

McBish
2006-11-15, 06:29 PM
((Nope Hawk tried to shot someone yesterday. He missed.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-15, 06:36 PM
((Nope Hawk tried to shot someone yesterday. He missed.))

(( He didn't take a poodle. He's always had a musket and a blunderbuss. ))

McBish
2006-11-15, 06:39 PM
((I thought he bought a rifle. Oh well.))

Rainspattered
2006-11-17, 08:33 PM
"Oh, Don, there wasn't something I wanted to tell you," Ra'Tiel says, coming up to the illusion, "'Bout me not joinin' an' all. I'm, uh, how do you say, not a traitor?" With that, Ra'Tiel unleashes a powerful burst of quickened spells; a few DBFs, a scroching ray, a polar ray, and a cast of disintegrate all at the illusion of the Don.


((Yes, a twentieth level caster does not detect that it's an illusion. I'll find an IC excuse later. Oh, wait, alcoholic. Right.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-17, 09:17 PM
The illusion disappears in a brilliant flash of fire, dust, and confusion.

Rainspattered
2006-11-17, 09:24 PM
"Huh?" Ra'Tiel asks, standing amid the carnage of his spells, burned badly by their own effects, and looking a group of angry non-existant mafioso.

Flabbicus
2006-11-17, 09:26 PM
A gnome steps out of the shack and examines the dust from the illusion and the device that created it.

"Damn. I paid good money for that too. He's going to be peeved.

HEY! What do you think you're doing?!"

The gnome stomps his feet in frustration.

[hr]

"The Don is not going to like this..."

He pulls out a wand and shoots a Fireball into the air.

Rainspattered
2006-11-17, 10:07 PM
((Ra'Tiel burned most of his spell slots in the initial assault, and now he's hurting from his own spells. Just go ahead and finish him off))

Flabbicus
2006-11-17, 10:27 PM
Rilik quickly walks to the shack.

"I've got good news sir!"
What's that?
"Someone tried to kill you but they attacked the illusion instead."
That's not good news! That's terrible!
"Well at least he didn't get you."
True, who was he?
"Some drow fella."
Drow... do I know a drow... oh! That guy who I showed the list to. That backstabbing traitorous swine.
"You're using a lot of adjectives that mean double crossing here; you want I should call all the members?"
No need. I'll do it.

They walk back inside of the shack and close the door, locking it as they go.

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-17, 11:21 PM
Gar came up to the shack and inspected the sign.

Well, I'm certainly glad that there's no mafia and that they wouldn't be hiring if they were. I certainly would not want a job working for a mafia if one existed, which it obviously doesn't.

He stood around whistling.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-18, 12:52 AM
You're definitely not hired.... Gar the Rogue... A disembodied voice trails off in an evil chuckle.

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-18, 12:57 AM
((Best use a different color, then.))

Well that's not good. I certainly wouldn't want such a thing.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-18, 04:28 AM
((Well, yeah, I know Death ordered the first batch, but this is the first time the weapons have actively been mentioned as being used by ANY of Kenyon's clients, let alone the non-existant Mafia.))

(( I so did not. *frantic eyes*))

Xerillum
2006-11-18, 09:31 AM
Finne walks up, and sees the dust. he checks the memo that wasn't given to him, doesn't transform into a doog, and doesn't run into the woods.

Flabbicus
2006-11-18, 12:10 PM
The door open and any onlooker can clearly see Rilik sitting at a wooden table with a light fixture precariously swinging back and forth.

*Tick tick tick...*

He steps out of the shack and, with dramatic music playing in the background, pulls his mechanical pistols out of their holsters. He takes aim and fires a volley of bullets at the spellcaster.

(( I apologize for the double posting, just felt that I should edit the first post. ))

Flabbicus
2006-11-18, 03:24 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/945/shackgs1.gif

There's an old run down shack somewhere in the woods. *Moss is growing all over it, and it looks like it's about to fall over on you any second now. *The door creaks ominously as it swings open of its own accord, a heavy smell of must wafting out through the open door. *The shack as a whole looks pretty nondescript. *Until you step inside.

Then it looks nothing like a Mafia headquarters, which makes sense, because it definitely isn't. *It's a fairly large room, much larger than what you saw on the outside. *There must be some magic at work. *Tables, chairs, and stools are scattered around, and there's a bar at one end. *Maybe the place used to be a tavern. *There are also some large vaguely ominous sacks in one corner, and several doors on each wall. *There's a large suspiciously unmarked crate in the corner with a note tacked on that says
Only one rifle or musket per person, or take two poodles instead if you want.

The good news is that the musty smell is gone at least. *Whew. *You can breathe through your nose now.

Welcome to The Shack™®.

P.S. *This is most definitely not related to the Mafia in any way, shape, form, smell, duck, or lightsaber.

[hr]


Mafia Manifesto

Don't talk about Fight Club the Mafia, because it doesn't exist.
Do what you’re told by The Don or your superiors.
Always look out for ways to make money for the Mafia.
Do not hide or hold back money from the Mafia.
Respect your elders in the Mafia, and the organization in general.
Protect your fellow members.
Never let a debt go unpaid.
Never be late paying your debts.
Don’t get caught.
If you do get caught, keep your mouth shut.
[hr]

Rules

Note: a 'hit' is when one Mafia member posts to state that they are attacking someone. *Usually they will be coordinated to attack one person at the same time for the best effect. *

When a chain-hit is interrupted by another person not making a hit (and not the victim), it is over. *See below for results. *
[hr]

Hit Rules

1 hit before interruption: victim survives, attacker sent to jail *
2 hits: victim survives if they are healed within half an hour, both attackers jailed *
3 hits: victim dies, 2 attackers jailed *
4 hits: victim dies, 1 attacker jailed, chosen by police or victim *
5 hits: victim dies, 1 attacker jailed, chosen by Mafia *
6 hits: victim dies
[hr]

Additional Rules
In order for someone to be hit by the Mafia, they must have agreed to it beforehand. *However, to keep the surprise and sting in the Mafia, it'll work like this. *

People that are willing to have their characters possibly killed by the Mafia will post in a 'Hit List' (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17771) thread, and only people who have given permission may be attacked.

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-18, 06:31 PM
Well, now that you're not my boss, I suppose it wouldn't be appropriate to tell me what not to do.

Flabbicus
2006-11-18, 08:09 PM
Well, now that you're not my boss, I suppose it wouldn't be appropriate to tell me what not to do.

As of this moment you shouldn't follow these instructions.

(( Sending a PM. ))

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-19, 12:59 AM
Gar grinned slowly.

Why, I would certainly never do such a thing.



He turned and left, heading towards the Town.

Renrik
2006-11-19, 02:47 PM
A goblin boy walks by and quickly drops a small crystaline orb that emenates with latent telepathic activity. He looks around, and darts off into the woods.

Lucky
2006-11-19, 04:18 PM
Traven steps up to the shack and steps inside. He sees the box and helps himself to one of the pistols before looking up to see if the Don is available.

Flabbicus
2006-11-19, 04:55 PM
Rilik wakes up and wonders if Ra'Tiel is going to die from the bullet wounds yet. He pokes at the gift from the goblins and looks up at Traven as he enters.

Yes?

Lucky
2006-11-19, 09:42 PM
I was thinking, it would be- Suddenly, a cloaked figure bursts in the door, he turns to Traven and removes his hood, revealing human features around his dark brown eyes, his head topped with black hair. Dwarfs have moved into the slums. A massive army of them, I don't know how we didn't find them before, but they are about to engage the goblins we have been tracking. It seems they mean real business. Traven's eye narrow as he processes what he's just been told. Interesting, this might be something to watch, tell Liam to detach from the group and watch the Dwarf movement, this could prove to be interesting. He turns back to Rilik. I was going to say it might be best if we make our re-emergence known soon, but it might be interesting to track the leaders of these two organizations... then remove the head and watch the body run around aimlessly.

Flabbicus
2006-11-19, 10:15 PM
He glances at the gift from the goblins and covers it in a leaden cloak.


I have already begun the process of reintroducing our specific brand of "services" towards the populous of the Town. Now if that rogue could only execute his orders, and his target. We will make a move when the opportunity presents itself.

As for the goblins, they have sent me a treaty of sorts, and I agreed to meet with them regarding the matter of mutual cooperation (for a time). But I am open to changes in the plan. I remember all too well when they rampaged through the streets unhindered. Tracking them or making an agreement to join with them temporarily seem like good ways to monitor their activities, and offer a way to deal with them if they get too much power for their own good. But I have received no such accord from the dwarves, and would be hesitant to hinder your activities regarding them.

Lucky
2006-11-19, 10:17 PM
Very well, these Dwarfs will be sure to receive some "messages" soon. I have every interest in making and keeping the slums as our territory. Traven departs along with the cloaked man.

Flabbicus
2006-11-19, 10:28 PM
Looks like I made the right choose for my underboss

He leans back in his chair, pulls out his mechanical pistol and aims it at the door.

Destro_Yersul
2006-11-19, 10:29 PM
Several skeletons hide in the trees, watching the shack from above.

Flabbicus
2006-11-19, 10:42 PM
Rilik's player curses as he realizes that he should get to bed soon.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-19, 10:43 PM
You really think so, Don?

Flabbicus
2006-11-20, 04:34 PM
Gaah! Dammit. I hate it when people get the drop on me.

Well considering the fact that you share a body with the temporary head of police I ruled you out as a choice.

Renrik
2006-11-20, 04:40 PM
((The orb the goblin boy left allows for a mind-link to the other holder, in this case one of the commanders in the GSA. In other words, it allows IM messages to exchange in-game knowledge.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-20, 07:18 PM
((The orb the goblin boy left allows for a mind-link to the other holder, in this case one of the commanders in the GSA. In other words, it allows IM messages to exchange in-game knowledge.))

(( Figured as much, just put the stereotypical lead sheet over it in case they can read my thoughts, are listening in on the conversation, etc. ))

(( For the love of- Iames post already! ))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-20, 08:57 PM
True. In technical fact, I am the temporary head of police. And you shouldn't worry that I got the drop on you. After all, I am a disembodied presence at the moment.

Flabbicus
2006-11-20, 09:19 PM
True. In technical fact, I am the temporary head of police. And you shouldn't worry that I got the drop on you. After all, I am a disembodied presence at the moment.

Lovely. So you're 'haunting' the shack right now? And can you still wreak some havoc in your current form?

He subconsciously pulls the sheet off of the goblin's gift and glances at it from the corner of his eye.

Rainspattered
2006-11-20, 09:50 PM
Rilik wakes up and wonders if Ra'Tiel is going to die from the bullet wounds yet. He pokes at the gift from the goblins and looks up at Traven as he enters.

((What thread did he get shot in? I think I missed it when I was at a Martial Arts thing this weekend or something. Or did I just skip over it in this one?))

Flabbicus
2006-11-20, 09:51 PM
(( This one. I decided to rewrite history a little bit because I didn't notice that you wanted me to finish him off here and now. ))

Rainspattered
2006-11-20, 10:25 PM
Ra'Tiel felt very cold and terribly cliche for it. He'd survived the hail of gunfire, initially, but it wasn't looking so good, now. Or at least he didn't think it was. His vision had gone blurry and he didn't know if his eyes were covered in blood, but he couldn't see anymore at all, now. He couldn't move below the ribs. Something hit his spine. Blood was forcing itself into his airways. His lungs had taken something. Casting a spell of true seeing on himself, his eyes would work again for a few moments. From what they showed him, it was all he had left. He counted enough bulletholes that the Don had done easily what a squad of hitmen would've normally been troubled with. So much for usurping power, it seemed. That's one idea gone to hell. Without any more magic left to tap into, here went another. Pulling himself with his hands to sit up against a tree, his breathing degenated into a fit of coughing, blood pouring from his mouth. He thought one bullet hit his heart. It was a damn fine shot. Hell of a shot. They all had been. His eyes blurred again, and he felt the magic waning. Not that it mattered too much; it'd last longer than him.
Aercath dreamed that when they died, they'd just go back to their own scope of reality and live out the rest of their life within its laws. Maybe that's what'd happen. Maybe he'd be cold and lone, away from teh god of his homeworld, dying here with no afterlife to go to, just a lot of black. If he could move his arms, he'd get a few gold to bet on the outcome with whoever would listen.
His eyes went black, and he forced a smile through his cracked lips. I outlasted the damn spell, after all.
That was the last thing he ever thought. his head lolled ot the side, his blue skin faded rapidly to pallor, and his eyes closed as if he were sleeping.

Flabbicus
2006-11-20, 10:29 PM
(( I doubt the shots were that good. ))

He pushes himself out of his seat and admires his handiwork.

Hmph. I guess the practice paid off. Guess I'll have to get rid of the body, unless any friends would like to see him.

Rainspattered
2006-11-20, 10:40 PM
I would much rather see you in his place, mortal. A hateful voice snaps into Rilik's head in telepathic message. Turn around. It commanded.

Behing Rilik, should he choose to turn, stand eleven of the mafia's best assassns ((of the ones who lack names and/or PCs, that is to say)), or, rather, shamble eleven of them. The one farthest to Rilik's left has R carved in its chest with a wide blade and deep cuts. The second, and E in a similar manner. All together, looking at the hitmen:
R E T R I B U T I O N
I see your one murder and raise you ten, the telepathic voice adds. The hitmen are zombified, their faces frozen in perpetual terror and agony.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-21, 12:10 AM
Lovely. So you're 'haunting' the shack right now? And can you still wreak some havoc in your current form?

He subconsciously pulls the sheet off of the goblin's gift and glances at it from the corner of his eye.

I might. Aerin may be able to keep me from gaining control of my true body, but all of me have mastered the art of creating avatars. To demonstrate his point, Iames appears, his eyes yellow.

Flabbicus
2006-11-21, 04:42 PM
Rilik turns and looks on in horror at the massacre before him.

He tried to kill me! Neither I nor he were in the right in this but I am not wholly responsible for his downfall. He brought it upon himself the second that he began harboring malign thoughts against us. These men's deaths however, are dead because of me, and they will receive their due rest.

Iames, incinerate the elf, and give the men a respite.

He turns from the scene and walks back inside the shack. He drops down into his seat and leans back in it. His eye moves to the crystal orb, and he reaches out for it, grasping it with one hand.

This is distressing, I need some help.

He reaches out with his mind and sends a telepathic message to the goblin and other humanoid leaders of the GSA.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-21, 05:33 PM
Gladly. He sends a psionic disintegrate at the elf's body, then turns to the zombies. Smirking, Iames sends a wave of positive energy at the undead.

Flabbicus
2006-11-21, 06:03 PM
He places the orb in an ashtray and stands up, then turns to face Iames' avatar. He suddenly remembers the negatives and says,

It seems I didn't misjudge you. You may not pick any job that you want, and I will not allow you free reign in its completion and the running of this establishment if I am not unconscious or Traven isn't somewhere else.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-21, 06:08 PM
Iames the Dark bares his teeth. I do not gladly accept this honor.

Flabbicus
2006-11-21, 06:10 PM
Iames the Dark bares his teeth. I do not gladly accept this honor.

(( And the jobs of course would be found on the Hit List thread... :amused: ))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-21, 06:22 PM
(( And the jobs of course would be found on the Hit List thread... :amused: ))

((Oh, of course.))

Flabbicus
2006-11-21, 06:25 PM
((Oh, of course.))

(( Besides my name of course. ))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-21, 06:29 PM
(( Besides my name of course. ))

((I of course have no idea what you mean by that. << >>))

Rainspattered
2006-11-21, 07:31 PM
The zombies were clearly constructed with little magical effort, designed to carry a message, not to attack in an effective manner, and vanish completely under the powerful energy.
Ra'Tiel's body disintegrates.

Flabbicus
2006-11-21, 08:36 PM
Rilik looks up at Iames.

Have you not made your decision yet?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-21, 08:43 PM
Iames bares his teeth in an unpleasant smile. Actually, I haven't, he responds, and sends a wave of pain into Rilik's mind. It is excruciating; every nerve ending seems to be on fire, never all at once, never enough to make him black out, but rather a torturous pain that goes on and on, accompanied by a review of every bad memory Rilik has ever had.

Flabbicus
2006-11-21, 08:54 PM
Rilik clutches his head and topples off of his chair, he tries to cry out in agony but the pain is to great to be vocalized. Flashes of terror, sadness, and remorse appear on his face for fractions of a second, the only thing that is constant throughout all of the expressions is a demeanor of isolation and fear of death. His hands clench and release in spasms and his body shakes with the force of his agony.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-21, 09:00 PM
Iames the Dark chuckles, the sound low and sinister. Pitiful mortal. How sweet your pain is. He continues to torture Rilik for a few moments, and then his eyes flare yellow as he attempts to crush Rilik's mind into oblivion.

Flabbicus
2006-11-21, 09:11 PM
Despite the unutterable pain he is experiencing, Rilik's eyes flash open and he shakily grabs hold of the chair. He debilitatingly pulls himself up until he could look Iames in the eye, but something is not right. His eyes roll up into their sockets, and he falls to the hard ground. The fire of his soul was reduced to embers, and he died with the knowledge that his soul was blackened by the soot.

A parting phrase escapes from his lips as he lay there moribund.

They finally have what they want now...

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-21, 09:22 PM
Iames ignores Rilik's last words and sends a psionic disintegrate at the body as he steps over it. He sits down in the chair and crosses his legs, leaning back. Now, I can have some fun...

Flabbicus
2006-11-21, 09:25 PM
The body crumbles and dark fire surrounds the dust but quickly dissipates.

Rainspattered
2006-11-21, 10:16 PM
((Oooooooooh snap. Did not see that coming.))

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-23, 02:48 PM
Gar approaches the shack.

Well, the job is definitely not done. He comes up to the door. Cathrindir is most certainly not poiso...

He looks a mite confused. Wait a minute. Where's the Don?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-23, 07:55 PM
He is not here, sitting in front of you. Welcome, back... Gar.

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-23, 07:58 PM
I don't see. Well, I suppose I had best not be here now.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-23, 08:03 PM
I will expose you, Gar. You should worry. And I don't have a job for you.

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-23, 08:32 PM
You'll forgive me if I don't worry anyway, he says through gritted teeth. What job don't you have?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-23, 08:48 PM
Iames the Dark smiles, his eyes glittering. Not Gwen.

After a time of sitting, watching Gar, Iames disappears from the shack.

Gar the Rogue
2006-11-23, 09:15 PM
Gar snarls and turns, moving smoothly out of the shack. Years of experience have taught him to express anger through ruthlessly efficient silence, rather than stomping off, and he quickly moves into the Town.

Lucky
2006-11-24, 04:17 PM
Traven steps into the shack and looks around for Rilik, not finding anyone within, he sits down and waits for Rilik to show up.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-24, 07:00 PM
Iames the Dark appears. Can I not help you, Mr. ...?

TheHawk
2006-11-24, 07:13 PM
((Leave for a week and get talked about. I don't know how to take this))


(( He didn't take a poodle. He's always had a musket and a blunderbuss. ))


((I thought he bought a rifle. Oh well.))

((you're both right, he used to own a musket and still owns a blunderbuss, and he recently bought a rifle, which he still is in the process of getting use to.))

Tanon Sharpe
2006-11-25, 07:31 AM
Tanon approaches the shack and looks thoughtful.

Kalbereth
2006-11-25, 01:29 PM
*foom*

Markan stands in a clearing poof of smoke in front of the shack, one arm crossed over his chest and the other propped on the now-horizontal hand, tapping his mask where one might imagine a nose to be.

Tanon Sharpe
2006-11-25, 04:01 PM
"'sat directed at me?" Tanon asks the masked man. "'Cos ah speak common."

Kalbereth
2006-11-25, 04:07 PM
Markan immediately removes the hood, revealing his salt-and-pepper hair and beard and gleaming violet eyes. "Forgive me ma'am, I was just pondering something." He gives a sweeping bow, before continuing. "My name is Markan harad al-Kobi Arakas Azrael, though it's far easier to simply call me Markan or even Mark. Do you know who lives here?" He gestures at the shack.

Tanon Sharpe
2006-11-25, 04:11 PM
"Ah dunno, Mark," Tanon says. "Ah got curious an' came t'take a look. Girl's lookin' fer employment, know what ah mean?"

Kalbereth
2006-11-25, 04:15 PM
"I understand completely." He says with a grin. "I might be looking for the same kind of employment if we're speaking about the same thing. I have heard, however, that there is most definitely not a Mafia that resides here."

Tanon Sharpe
2006-11-25, 04:18 PM
"Is that so?" Tanon asks. "Or ain't it? Mightn't be right up mah street if there ain't one here. Ah ain't got much t'offer though."

Kalbereth
2006-11-25, 04:29 PM
(Ahh, good...you have a grasp of Mafia-ese or whatever they speak here.)

"Really? I seem to remember a rumor about you being a godslayer. That seems an ability that the Mafia definitely wouldn't want"

Tanon Sharpe
2006-11-25, 04:38 PM
Tanon pauses for a moment.

"Ah ain't got the knowin' of how t'kill certain gods, but that reputation is deserved. Would ah give it go? Ah got lots to lose - definitely not." She grins.

Kalbereth
2006-11-25, 04:42 PM
Markan grins back. "Well, for now, there seems to be no one here. I need to pay a visit to the OmniShop and will probably be back sometime in the future. I'll see you around unless you'd like to come with me, Miss...hm...I have no idea what your name is."

Tanon Sharpe
2006-11-25, 04:44 PM
Tanon smirks.

"Sure, why not? It's Tanon Sharpe."

Kalbereth
2006-11-25, 04:45 PM
"In that case, take my hand and we'll be off, Miss Tanon."

Tanon Sharpe
2006-11-25, 04:52 PM
Tanon looks up at sky.

"Ah frick an' hell, ah lost track o'the time out here! Ah guess another time, Mark. Don't pass on mah interest to people who ain't in a mafia. Which, o'course, don't exist." She winks, and then wanders away.

((I have to dash, sorry))

Kalbereth
2006-11-25, 04:53 PM
Markan grins, shrugs, and taps two fingers to his head in an informal salute. "Until later than, miss." With a soft *foom* and a whirl of dark smoke he vanishes.

Lucky
2006-11-25, 05:29 PM
((Crap, sorry Iames, been busy.))

Traven looks at the man who appears. I don't not think you can, but I can't tell you I'm not looking for the Don.

Tessia
2006-11-25, 07:42 PM
Tessia wanders into the shack and looks bored.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-26, 07:02 PM
((Crap, sorry Iames, been busy.))

Traven looks at the man who appears. I don't not think you can, but I can't tell you I'm not looking for the Don.

Well, I can't tell you that the old Don isn't dead. And I certainly didn't kill him.

Kalbereth
2006-11-26, 07:05 PM
*foom*

Markan appears in his typical puff of smoke, mask in place.

"Isn't that so? Well I guess that doesn't make you the new Don." Markan bows. "Markan harad al-Kobi Arakas Azrael not at your service sir."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-26, 07:37 PM
I don't see. You most definitely are not welcome here.

Kalbereth
2006-11-26, 07:45 PM
"How might I not be of service, sir?"

Lord Iames Osari
2006-11-26, 07:47 PM
Don't put together a team to take down Judge Gwen.

Lucky
2006-11-26, 07:53 PM
Traven stands, angered, but only slightly. You don't mean to tell me that you haven't taken over the non-existant Mafia?

Kalbereth
2006-11-26, 07:53 PM
"Well it wouldn't help any for some more information, for instance, I don't need to know her role in Town or any typical places she frequents. Also, not having recently signed on, I don't need to know of any other members I might not put to good use. It also might not be a good idea for me to know the name of my employer."