PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix

Kelb_Panthera
2010-11-26, 09:10 PM
Here's my bid for the "matrix" prison. First you craft an item that produces a permanent metaconcert. This gives you a mindless mental entity with no body that's locked within 20ft of the object. You then manifest microcosm on the mental entity. Manifest sense link so that you can see inside the microcosm. Direct the entity in the creation of its imaginary world. You now have a matrix into which you will be sending your first few prisoners minds.

Now then, you craft a pod that produces 5 permanent sense links targeted on the metaconcert entity, as well producing a fuse flesh effect and a permanent sustenance, and connecting the imprisoned to the metaconcert. You stuff prisoners into this pod.

Once you find you need to expand your Matrix because you've imprisoned 9 beings, you create another such setup and craft an item of permanent mindlink to start stringing the matrices together.

You only need permanent mindlink to string the matrices (metaconcerts) together because they can simply communicate between themselves what's going on in their worlds, allowing them to work in concert (no pun intended) to create a single, continuous world.

This has the fun side affect of producing for the care-taker/guard a near infinite source of pp as long as they have at least a handful of psionic manifesters.

PEACH

This was what I said in another thread in response to the OP's request for a prison that would be difficult to escape. All of the above can be done by a single character. I'd also like to add the following:

In order to facilitate secrecy and security, this setup should be placed in a demiplane created by the genesis power. If the would-be-warden is going to have others involved in maintainence and upkeep, he'll need a permanent portal. For security purposes, I suggest a second, much smaller demiplane created through the genesis power as manifested on the material plane. One permanent portal leads to the small demiplane, which will be as a guard-house, and a second permanent portal leading from that demiplane to the larger, prison demiplane.

I'd like to get some feedback on this whole setup. So PEACH.

Zonugal
2010-11-26, 09:17 PM
So what do you have to be the agents?

dgnslyr
2010-11-26, 09:21 PM
Chain-gated Solars, of course! What can they not do?

Kelb_Panthera
2010-11-26, 10:16 PM
So what do you have to be the agents?

quick and dirty answer: psionicist guards that take control of the metaconcerts and instruct them to alter the imaginary reality. Obviously these guards would need more custom magic items. A different version of the prisoner pods perhaps.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-11-27, 02:18 PM
Shameless bump.

I really do wanna get some more feedback on this. :smallredface: