PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Monster for Call of Cthulhu (PEACH)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-11-26, 09:52 PM
I've recently started playing Call of Cthulhu RPG, I'm pretty inexperienced so please point out any mistakes.

Spoilered for length.
BLOODLESS ONE
Lesser Servitor Race
The undead thing was like a vile husk of demonic horror. It was white and completely dry, all of it's fluids drained, with glowing red eyes, two-inch fangs, and talon-like claws.
It shambled towards me with surprising speed. I blew three holes in it's chest with my revolver but it took no notice, it just kept coming at me; its hollow cheeks distorted by it's sickly grin.

- The Joshanomicon

Bloodless ones are a kind of undead created by vampires to serve them as bodyguards, enforcers, and assassins. They are fluid-less husks, composed of nothing but skin, bone, and evil.
They have a sort of cunning intelligence and are always thirsty for the blood that keeps them alive, but they always obey their vampire masters, even if it means passing up a chance to gruesomely kill a potential snack.
Bloodless Ones tend to attack with their claws, rending their prey into submission at which point they finish them off with a poison bite. The poison in a Bloodless One's bite causes delirium and weakness, reducing the victim's strength, power, and constitution traits by 2 until they sleep for at least 8 hours.

BLOODLESS ONES, The Forever Thirsty
STR 3d4+6 (13-14 Average)
CON 4d4+5 (14-15 Average)
SIZ 1d2+8 (9-10 Average)
INT 4d4 (10 Average)
POW 3d4 (7-8 Average)
DEX 4d4 (10 Average)

Hit Points: 11-13
Move: 6

Weapons: Claws 50% (2d6 Damage), Bite 25% (1d8 Damage plus Poison)
Armor: 5 points of thick, damage-resistant hide.
Spells: None.
Skills: None.
Sanity Loss: 1/1d6 points to see a Bloodless One.

What do you think?