PDA

View Full Version : The Brotherhood of Steel Bunker



HellRaid
2006-10-08, 05:05 PM
The Brotherhood Bunker

Bunker Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/HellRaid/BoSBunker1.jpg
[Brotherhood History] (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=town;action=display;num=1160670483;s tart=330#332)

The Bunker is on the outskirts of the Town, very much 'out of the way'.

Outside (you must be outside at first every time you visit, unless you are a Brotherhood soldier):
The bunker is a dull, single-story rectangular building about a mile from the Town boundaries. It has no windows, and a singular adamantium automated door facing the town. Two large banners flow on either side of the door displaying the heraldry of the Brotherhood. It is surrounded by a tall and barbed steel fence with a singular gate. The fence buzzes slightly. Square plates of metal seem to be scattered around inside the fence. There is a concrete path leading from the main gate to the bunker door. A sign just behind the gate warns you not to stray from the path for your own safety.
As you near the automated door, you are forced to stop as the door does not open.

Spot check DC 30:
The tiniest of lights can be seen on each metal square. They are currently green. The fence sparks slightly.

Inside (only when you have been allowed access):
Inside is almost entirely metal. The door you just came through emerges into a wide, but mostly empty rectangular room. More Brotherhood banners line the walls this is the only decoration. The furniture consists of a desk, two three-seater sofas and an automated turret in each corner of the room, each armed with twin chainguns. The turrets seem to track your movements throughout the room, and it is quite unnerving. There are two other doors leading to this room, not including the one you just came through. They have control panels next to each and do not open for you.
If you wish to leave, you must be checked by the camera again.

Spot check DC 30:
The tiniest of lights can be seen on each turret. They are currently green. A strange semi-spherical object is mounted on the wall behind the desk.


Cameras: These have True Seeing (Infra Red). They may be scrambled by certain weaponry or destroyed, but do not expect to enter the bunker if you try.

Doors and walls: These are constructed from adamantium. They are virtually impenetrable.

Turrets: These are armed with two chainguns each, and will fire on hostiles automatically. These may be scrambled or destroyed in the same ways as cameras, and also has True Seeing (Infra Red).

((Designer's note: The bunker is designed to be an almost-inpenetrable safe-haven for the Brotherhood. I expect at some point in its life it'll be attacked or possibly destroyed, but it's very heavily defended in that event.))

Daedrous Avari
2006-10-08, 08:05 PM
[Oooh... Cool. Maybe Arril will join the Brotherhood. Do you always have to wear hybrid-power armor?]

Madmal
2006-10-08, 10:39 PM
((i'm more interested about the map, did you did it?))

HellRaid
2006-10-09, 06:17 PM
((It's unlikely anyone will ever rank above Initiate except me and certain NPCs, so no, power armour is reserved for the higher ranks (Generals and so on). Initiates must scavenge or forge their own armour and weaponry, although the Brotherhood does provide some benefits in special cases, such as the Ion Cannon, advanced weapons, temporary Power Armour requisitions, and the very rare tank crew (Big Bertha). These benefits must be requested through both me and the DM of the storyline (to ensure it doesn't overpower things).

Note: Joining the brotherhood will require completion of a sidequest that I shall DM personally.))

((I made the map myself.))

Flabbicus
2006-10-09, 06:23 PM
((It's unlikely anyone will ever rank above Initiate except me and certain NPCs, so no, power armour is reserved for the higher ranks (Generals and so on). Initiates must scavenge or forge their own armour and weaponry, although the Brotherhood does provide some benefits in special cases, such as the Ion Cannon, advanced weapons, temporary Power Armour requisitions, and the very rare tank crew (Big Bertha). These benefits must be requested through both me and the DM of the storyline (to ensure it doesn't overpower things).

Note: Joining the brotherhood will require completion of a sidequest that I shall DM personally.))

((I made the map myself.))

(( Aww man. I already made an avatar of power armor. ))

(( I'm sure I'll find a use for it. ))

HellRaid
2006-10-09, 06:48 PM
((You'll likely still get to use it as a special requisition, of course :)))

Skye_Armada
2006-10-09, 08:12 PM
[Alright, Arril will sign up soon.]

-Arril/Daedrous

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 11:48 AM
The six brotherhood soldiers enter the bunker without requiring security checks. The doors seal shut behind them.

((Note: They will not actually be here until they finish leaving Trog's.))

((Note: They have now arrived.))

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 12:04 PM
Aesa shows up, folding her wings against her back.

blackout
2007-10-15, 12:05 PM
((Is this the same Brotherhood of Steel from Fallout: Tactics, by chance? :smallbiggrin: ))

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 12:06 PM
The main entrance has a retinal scanner. You'll need to register with it to enter.

((You'll need to walk up to it, specifically :smalltongue:))

((That's right. But it's more based on the Brotherhood from the original two Fallout games (the differences between the two are quite substantial).))

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 12:09 PM
((Kdokey.
And, as a side note, could you put that big image in a spoiler? It's stretching my screen...))

Aesa walks up to the scanner, considers it without much comprehension, uses a small spell, then nods and uses it correctly.

blackout
2007-10-15, 12:14 PM
((Sweeeeeet. :smallbiggrin: ))

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 12:14 PM
A computerised voice eminates from the security camera looking directly at you, from above the scanner.

Please state your full name and address, and place the map to the bunker in the slot below the retinal scanner.

((I'll try, but I'll have to relog into my old account (this thread is ooooold!)))

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 12:18 PM
Aesa looks bored.
Aesa Skuldsdottr.
The plane Mist Spire.
She slips in the map she was given.

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 12:23 PM
Thank you. Welcome to the Brotherhood of Steel.

The heavy adamantium doors slowly grind their way open, leaving a trail of dust in their wake. Inside wait five of the six soldiers, looking more 'geared-up' than they were earlier. Two of them appear to be wearing brand new suits of power armour, and one has substituted his power armour from a more lightweight camoflague suit. The Commander-General is nowhere to be seen.

Penguinizer
2007-10-15, 12:24 PM
Davvry, having dis-appeared from the police station. Walks up, sleeves hiding his hands. He has regained his humanoid composure but the bumps on his back remain, as do the in-humanoid facial features. He walks to the outside. Remembering his job.

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 12:26 PM
Aesa looks at the two soldiers as she steps inside.
I didn't get to finish telling your commander everything I knew.

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 12:30 PM
One of the soldiers whom still wore battered armour moves towards her and holds out his hand in greeting.

Ah, Aesa, is it? I am Veteran Sergeant Pryde. The Commander-General will be with us in a few short moments. Please, take a seat.

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 12:32 PM
((*cough*
She's Aesa. I'm Vael.))

Aesa sits down, ruffling her wings.

Penguinizer
2007-10-15, 12:32 PM
Davvry, moves towards the guards at the door. He asks one of them, this time using his vocal chords "Is there a way I may join this organization?" His voice sounding sweet and alluring. His eyes shifting lightly, turning back as he regains total control.

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 12:39 PM
((Whuuups. My bad.))

The Commander-General enters through the door opposite the main entrance. The battle damage he sported earlier looks slightly repaired, but there is obviously still a lot of work to be done on it.

Good evening, Aesa. I am Commander-General Divenion Trothgard of the Brotherhood of Steel. Welcome to our bunker. Coffee?

He turns to a kettle on the desk and pours a cup, either for himself or for Aesa.

Now that the pleasantries are done with, what further information do you have on this individual?



((There are no guards at the door, as everyone is inside. All that is outside is a retinal scanner and a camera. And exactly twenty two automated pop-up turrets, but they're not likely to do anything.))

As Davvry approaches the scanner, the computerised feminine voice on the camera begins to speak.

Unknown entity, please identify yourself, and approach the scanner. Unfortunately, the Brotherhood is not recruiting at this time, though your interest will be noted for future reference. Thank you.

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 12:44 PM
Aesa puts a hand in a 'no thank you' gesture.
So you are Trothgard...
She frowns and thinks.
That was confusing me. I couldn't remember whether he said his name was Trothgard, or was calling the person he was looking for Trothgard. I'm inclined to say he said both, but that's just silly.
She shakes her head.
Anyways...

Penguinizer
2007-10-15, 12:44 PM
"I believe you mis-understand me. I have an appointment with a person inside."

((Who was it that Aesa and Davvry were supposed to kidnap?))

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 12:48 PM
Divenion takes a sip of his coffee.

Really? How odd. I have no siblings, and my relations on the Trothgard side are all dead. So... he couldn't have meant himself as a Trothgard. Did you happen to catch his first name?


((Of course, Hellion did say they were both Trothgards...))

((Davvry and Aesa are meant to be capturing Divenion, the Commander-General. Also note that Davvry is dealing with a computer, and it cannot be reasoned with :smallsmile:))

We are sorry, but we cannot allow you access at this time. Those whom have appointments are given maps to the bunker that act as access cards. You do not carry a map, therefore you cannot be allowed access.

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 12:50 PM
((I know. Aesa is just toying with him right now, trying to figure things out.))

Aesa bites her lip.
I think he said his name was Hellion.

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 12:54 PM
Divenion slams his fist into the desk with terrible force, shattering a large chunk of it into dust.

Hellion? Never! The Scion swore to us that he was dealt with permanently!

He quickly reasserts himself after his outburst.

But no, you're right. This explains everything. His knowledge of the Brotherhood, the demonic incursions across our lands... He's back somehow and he must be stopped. We must discover his location swiftly!

Penguinizer
2007-10-15, 12:59 PM
Davvry, thinking for several moments scans any possible anti-magic and air defense capabilities of objects around him.

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 12:59 PM
Aesa starts and pulls her wings around herself, feigning shock and a bit of fright.
Um, um, um-
Just pretend to be Vera.

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 01:06 PM
Davvry sees no spell defence mechanisms. The only anti-air defences are the twenty-two ((quad-linked gatling cannon)) turrets that can appear out of the ground whenever the bunker is attacked (see the first post in the thread) and automatically lock-on to hostiles. But that's it.



Divenion, seeing Aesa recoil, remains where he was in the room, as do the other soldiers.

I apologise for my outburst, but this man is a terrible being, beyond what a man can truely be.

((I don't understand what Aesa just said :smallbiggrin:))

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 01:09 PM
((She said "um" then thought to herself that she should pretend to be her much more socially uncertain sister. :smallbiggrin:))

Well, he seemed to go to some old ruins... looked like it might have been a guild hall at one point.
Aesa looks like she very much wants to go ahead and leave.

Penguinizer
2007-10-15, 01:10 PM
Davvry sinks away, hiding on the roof of one of the buildings. Turning into a crow, blacker than the night. It's stare penetrating straight into the soul.

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 01:18 PM
The cameras are unaffected by the crow's stare, but have moved to view it in its new resting place.



Divenion seems unmoved by Aesa's actions, though he makes a subtle hand gesture to his sergeant that Aesa may have missed.

A guild hall, you say? That must have beent he headquarters for his insidious Order. Could you lead us to it? We have been unable to trace it for months.

The Sergeant moves closer to Aesa and speaks softly:

This is a touchy subject for our Commander-General, but do not worry. Nobody here will harm you.

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 01:21 PM
Well, I- I guess I could...
She glances around.
I could create a portal to it, if you want... give him no sign of your approach.
She makes it sound more like she really wants to get this over with, and get away from the soldiers.

Penguinizer
2007-10-15, 01:22 PM
Davvry contacts Aesa psionically, the only message "The hunt begins."

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 01:24 PM
Divenion shakes his head.

Sorry, we in the Brotherhood are banned from utilising magic and anything related. We shall have to walk.

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 01:26 PM
She bites her lip and nods to him, getting up.
Wait or pay the price. She thinks back to Davvry.

Penguinizer
2007-10-15, 01:28 PM
Replying to the message "Now now, Isn't that a tad drastic? Huntsman's pride. We shall see who is superior.

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 01:29 PM
Well then, we're all prepared for battle. If you are too, lead the way.

The heavy adamantium doors begin to grind open once more as everyone prepares to make an exit.

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 01:37 PM
He's probably watching out for your movements... be careful.
Aesa keeps an eye out for Davvry.

Penguinizer
2007-10-15, 01:38 PM
Davvry flies overhead, to the building nearby. Changing into a rat he stands next to the corner. Watching, watching with the same intent eyes.

Zangtensu
2007-10-15, 01:45 PM
The doors grind shut.

Perimeter's clear men, let's go.

The soldiers follow Aesa towards the Town, weapons locked and loaded.

AmberVael
2007-10-15, 01:46 PM
Aesa leads them to the streets.

Penguinizer
2007-10-15, 02:00 PM
Davvry sneaks behind them. Shifting forms from birds, to rats, to insects. Traveling next to them in multiple forms.