PDA

View Full Version : Dionysus' Realm



Pages : [1] 2

Trog
2006-08-17, 01:15 PM
((Accessible only by those able to shift to this plane either by invitation from the God Dionysus or other innate powers. Put here as a place holder for future plots and such. FYI))

A vast room stretches out before you. It is filled with tall ionic fluted columns, upholstered couches, chairs, chaise lounges, and vast beds. Fountains are scattered throughout the room and feature exquisitely carved figures that pour wine from their stone vessels into the hundreds of party goers chalices. Creatures of all sort, clothed and unclothed and many states in between mingle, and laugh, and dance and cavort, and enjoy more sensual pleasures in full view of all. Steam billows in one corner of the room and surely obscures a vast bath somewhere in the distance.

First timers, eh? The vomitorium is way over there, mate. Says a blonde, curly-haired half man, half ram who gestures grandly into the distance.

You should be able to drink all you want, though doing so will lower your inhibitions considerably. Itís magically crafted to do just that and not a single being alive can resist its effects, save the gods. For them alone, Dionysus has a special vintage that is dispensed out of bottles only, not from the fountains you see.

The nexus of the party is Dionysus. The God stands casually amongst a gaggle of nubile nymphs who are all fawning over him, a drink of powerful potency in one hand.

http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/Dionysus.gif

Thes Hunter
2006-08-17, 10:17 PM
With another Pop Thes arrives amoungst the partiers. Her sweaty swaddling clothes cling to her well muscled body. Immediately Thes notices that her entrance has gone not un-noticed by those who were already there.

Her sun burn turns an even red shade of lobster, and she slinks off behind a column to put her armor back on.

Once back in armor, her confidence comes back, and she strides out from behind the column and attempts to 'mingle' in the crowd, attempting to get her bearing and possibly over hear any interesting bits of conversation.

Trog
2006-08-17, 10:26 PM
A satyr spots Thes' banged up armor and decides to investigate. He swaggers through the other party guests and leans up against a fluted colum, blocking her way.

Let me guess. Your first time here, right? Name's Shawn. Shawn the Fawn to most. You do have an invitation love, yes?

Flabbicus
2006-08-17, 10:28 PM
(( Shawn the Fawn!? What's next, Sid the Kid!?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-17, 10:36 PM
Thes concentrating so much on being aware of her surrounding is a bit surprised at being addressed. She turns to look at Shawn a bit gape mouthed.

"Oh!. Yes!, Yes, I do have an invitation.... It's right...

She begins patting down her armor. A kind of panic begins to take a hold of her.

"It's... really... I have one..."

She pulls from somewhere, a slice of 3 week old pizza, a dog-eared manual titled '99 days to bigger pecs', some loaded dice, an ace of spades with a hole in the center, and an empty hip flask.

"Really... it's here. I must have put it somewhere when I changed." She gives a quick worried look over towards the column she changed behind HOPING she didn't accidently leave it on the ground. She begins to frantically check her belt pouch.

Sneak
2006-08-17, 10:37 PM
(( Shawn the Fawn!? What's next, Sid the Kid!?

(( No, Billy the Kid, silly. ))

Trog
2006-08-17, 10:50 PM
Hmmm... Right. Look if you say you have one you have one. I believe you. Though others may not. I don't work here. It's the surly dwarven bouncers you gotta look out for.

Three hugely muscled naked dwarves stump by, their beards and long hair hiding everything thankfully from sight.

Evening, Shawn.

Hey! Er... uh... Chester?

It's Chip. You got an invite tonight buddy? Or do I have to throw you out again?

the burly dwarf crosses his arms and the other two flank him looking huge and impressive.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-17, 10:52 PM
Thes watches for a moment, and then attempts to slink away, hopefully un-noticed.

Trog
2006-08-17, 10:57 PM
Sure. I've got one right... er.. well I think I left it over there actually.

Right. Let's just see about that. Come on.

The dwarves accompany the satyr across the room. He glances back just long enough to give Thes a wink and a thumbs up. He mouthes out: Have a good time! And soon dissappears into the crowd, his burly escort in tow.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-17, 11:15 PM
Thes breaths a sigh of relief. She finds a little secluded spot and carefully checks for her copy of the invitation. Finding it shoved into a random crevesse in her armor, she carefully folds it up and places it in her belt pouch. She there after keeps patting her belt pouch making sure it's still there.

She then weaves her way back out through the crowd. She passes one of the many drink fountains and for a second, she almost does what comes extremely naturally to her.... and drink... a lot.

She almost gets the drink to her lips when she realizes she is in the wrong place to imbide if she wishes to stay in control. She tosses the drink back into the fountain and continues on, with her dry tongue sticking in her throat all the more now that she is trying NOT to think about drinking.

She wanders on looking for some clue as to where Dionysus' son might be.

Trog
2006-08-17, 11:33 PM
Thes passes a couple engaged in conversation.

Boy this wine hits the spot eh my dear?

Yes it does. It's so cool and refreshing... yet gets me so hot!

Indeed. *smootch*

Snippets of conversation can be heard as Thes makes her way through the crowd. Finally she pick up a conversation that interests her.

...nd he called himself Trog, believe it or not.

Trog? Oh. For Troglodyte. Right. Not a very imaginitive name is it?

No not really. So anyways now his soul is here and is forced into an eternity of servitude or so I hear. He's the pool boy.

Oh. Oh he didn't. The pool boy?

Yup. Pathetic really. Forced to work for your old man as his pool boy. He conjured up a ghost-touch pool wand for him to clean up with too.

The poor thing. And he used to be so high-status around here. How the mighty have fallen.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-17, 11:38 PM
Thes tries to appear as if she isn't listening in, with all the sauve a man with 10 pounds of gold chains has when he is trolling the meat market.

As the conversation finishes, she hesitants for a second and then looks around for any signs of a pool. She then begins weaveing through the crowd looking at the walls for a sign that might say 'Pool --->'. In doing so, she has become a bit too unaware of her surroundings.

Trog
2006-08-17, 11:51 PM
A powerful hand rests on Thes' shoulders.

My my. You look lost. Allow me to help you.

She turns to see the burly satyr-god Dionysus.

Where are you headed little one?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-18, 12:00 AM
Thes jumps out of her skin... stratch that, Thes almost jumps out of her armor... a much worse mistake on her part.

She tries. not. to. look. down.

She glups and stares up into the God's face.

"Oh, not lost. Not lost at all sir. Actually... I was... umm... just... umm... making me way over to the drink fountain...."

Thes attempts to try to wriggle out of his grasp, and move away as fast as possible.

Trog
2006-08-18, 12:10 AM
Oh. Uh. Okay. Maybe I'll catch up with you later.

Turns to nymph: How you doin?

Up ahead Thes can see a pool. A lone figure is chained to the wall. He is a satyr and see through. He skims the pool for bugs and such.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-18, 12:16 AM
Thes walks around the pool in a flanking motion. She tries to stay in the camoflauge of the crowd. She is in full stalk mode at the moment. She peers at this satyr trying to decide if he is the same as the man who harrased her in life.

She attempts to observe him for a bit from the cover of the crowd.

Trog
2006-08-18, 12:22 AM
Yo Clovis! You missed something.

A Half man, half ram tosses a handful of grapes into the nearly clean pool and laughs with his cronies who toss grapes through the incorporal satyr.

Nice. Jackass!

Lousy bums. Come a little closer and I'll brain you with this pool wand.

Man I'd kill for a cigarette.

It is now obvious why there is no one in the pool.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-18, 12:27 AM
Thes looks about for some cigerettes, finding a pack slightly unattended by some satyr on the bar, she snags them. She then steps out from the crowd and into the area near the pool, but not within reach of Clovis.

"And here I was expecting to find you in the laps of many nubile younglings. Oh how things change."

The lights a cigerette and takes a long puff off of it for dramatic effect. She then immediately needs to concentrate on not turning green and coughing like an idiot.

Trog
2006-08-18, 12:31 AM
The ghost of Clovis starts. Then looks around hurriedly.

What the hell are you doing here, Thes? he hisses. This place isn't safe. You really shouldn't be seen talking to me.

Clovis is a tall, well muscled satyr with a goatee. As Thes nears she can make out various lashings and whip marks covering his incorporeal body.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-18, 12:35 AM
"I came here after you killed me."

She looks preplexed for a moment. "Well, not exactly you... but you. I don't really understand it, but your undead bit killed me. And now... I'm here the settle the score. On many accounts. I was very sorry to hear Lykan killed you before I could get my hands on your scrawny little neck myself. So I figured, If I can get you resurrected, I CAN kill you myself."

She goes to take another drag off the cigerette, but remembering what that awful thing it did to her the last time, she just flicks it down to the ground dramatically.

Trog
2006-08-18, 12:39 AM
Ah. Of course. You're here for revenge. Well get in line, sister. The que starts after all of my relatives.

Wait. Did you say the undead me? There's another me? What... What is he... me... Thes what's going on?

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-18, 12:43 AM
((I miss Trog speaking in third person. :( :P))

Thes Hunter
2006-08-18, 12:43 AM
"I don't really know what the rotting verison of you is doing in the tavern, But he doesn't seem to have changed much from you. I hear tale he was killing people in town until the town's people did his bidding. I just happened to..... miscalculate his, your abilities. Much to my own displeasure let me assure you."

She glares at the satyr.

Trog
2006-08-18, 12:54 AM
Watches Thes put out the cigarette forelornly. Considers her last statement.

Well there certainly has been times when I had considered doing that to the townsfolk during "happy" hour, true... but only when the patrons got really demanding... and then only as a passing thought.

Still. What's killing me going to accomplish? I'll just end up back here again, anywa...

So I see you have a little friend "Trog."

Clovis winces at the voice. Or maybe the name.

The tall handsome, well muscled figure of Dionysus strides out of the shadows of the changing rooms.

Interesting. And I was just hitting on her earlier too. I wondered why she turned me down. Now I see. She has eyes for another And vengence in her heart.

Perhaps it would be fitting if I made her join you in perpetual servitude.

Dionysus steps forward and fills the room with a wine colored light and a throbbing noise and the smell of rage....

Thes Hunter
2006-08-18, 08:31 PM
Thes is a woman of action. Especially when she is cantankerous because of the alcohol withdrawal shakes. Funny how the bio-chemical addictions continue to bind you like Jakob Marley even in the afterlife?

She doesn't believe there isn't much that can't be taken care of a with a sword hack or two. So her knee jerk reaction is normally slash first, ask questions later. She would make a good horse doctor... however, this makes her very bad and handling situations that are best dealt with delicately.

Thes pulls the spiritual image of the sword that she has carried for much of her life. The real sword is powerful enough to at least scratch a god.... the image of the sword.... might not have any of it's original power, however.

She charges Dionysus with a banshee like war whoop, and slashes at him with a furious swing born in 25 year buried hatred.


Just a statement that Trog has my permission to God-mod with impunity tonight. Since Thes really is outta her league.

Trog
2006-08-18, 08:39 PM
Dionysus watches Thes, his anger abating slightly at the charge. He lets himself get hit and a shallow cut appears and drips a few drops of wine colored blood. Then seals itself.

The god chuckles for a moment, takes a swig of wine and then lashes out with a mighty backhanded slap to the face.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-18, 08:43 PM
Thes flys through the air and lands on the ground about 7 ft away. A large red hand print already showing up on the right side of her face. Pain, she has felt before.... She knows how to deal with pain, So she clambers to her feet, and readies herself again.

A berserker fire flickers in her eyes, she lifts the sword above her and charges again, heedless of the consequences of such an action.

Trog
2006-08-18, 08:58 PM
Fer crying out loud Thes! No! You're gonna get yourself killed.

The ghost of Clovis tugs at the chain which magically binds him, trying to give it more slack to get closer to the combatants.

Dionysus extands his hand and a long whip appears. Deftly dodging Thes' attacks he circles nearer, cracking his cruel whip.

Hmmm... You fight well for a mortal. Very skilled. And in better shape than most.

He looks her up and down as he dodges Thes' blows at close range. leaning seductively into her for a moment then deftly contorting his muscular body to dodge her blows at superhuman speed. Trog obviously gets his speed from his father.

Perhaps I may not lash you to ribbons just yet...

Thes swings wickedly and catches the god across the chin with the tip of her sword.

Sneering and smiling he leaps backwards and lashes out with the whip, intent on grappling her about the waist.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-18, 09:08 PM
Dionysus' leer seems only to throw gasoline on the fires of her beserk rage.

She attempts to dodge the whips lash, however, she may be strong, but quickness is not her forte. The whip wraps around her waist, pulling her off balance catching her left arm within and trapping it to her side.

Struggling Thes' bugling muscles strain against the restraint of the whip, however, a snapping can be heard as the material attempts to contain her powerful form.

Trog
2006-08-18, 09:22 PM
Dionysus tugs on the whip and brings Thes near to hi him. She can smell his sweat and the wine on his breath. And another intoxicating aroma that is both and neither.

You like to struggle. Good. All the more sport for me.

Leave her alone, Dad!

Clovis is thrown back by a blow that came faster than mortal's eyes can follow. In a blink Clovis is slammed against a pillar. His head hits the wall, which seem to be impenetrable even for a ghostly soul, with a sickening KROK! Clovis falls to the mosaic floor and struggles to rise.

Don't ever call me that! You are no son of mine! You are Trog and nothing more. Slave.

The god turns back to his sport with a leer. The whip transforms into a long tentacle with several flailing ends which lash and grope and prod Thes.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-18, 09:31 PM
The sickening crack of Clovis/Trog's head on the pillar catches Thes' frenzied attention. She looks over at his fallen form, and seems to find new strength to battle that which enwraps her. With a mighty grunt of extertion she rips the tentacles surrounding her to shreds. And rushes over to Clovis' struggling form. She touchs him on the shoulder and examines his injury.

Trog
2006-08-18, 09:51 PM
Clovis struggles to sit up, still reeling from the blow. He clutches his head and addresses no one in particular in a "out of it" sort of way.

That's a good one dad. Right in the pocket. Go long.

Clovis shakes his head a bit and then slowly meets Thes' gaze. She sees a quiet thank you in those haunted eyes. And concern. And despair.

Dionysus strides forward, the tentacle whip disappearing. He sneers down at Thes and Clovis, his eyes burning with hate. And perhaps more. He points at Thes and binding chords ensnare her form.

Bring her to my chambers.

Several satyrs rush forward obediently and lift the struggling Thes on their shoulders and carry her towards a curtained chamber on the other side of the room.

NOOO! Let her go! You bastard! You f****** bastard!

Clovis rushes forward and jerks against the chain holding him just out of reach of his father and Thes.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-18, 10:02 PM
Thes struggles breaking a few of the bonds here and there, but with every bond she breaks, three more take its place.

She ferociously lashes out with fists, legs and teeth at any unfortunate satyr that gets too close to her in the ensuing struggle. However, outnumbered, she is quickly dragged off behind the curtains.

Trog
2006-08-18, 10:20 PM
Dionysus watches her go calmly. Then turns to the struggling Clovis.

She looked... thirsty... I think.

Hold up his wine bottle and gives a little shake. Grins wickedly and puts his face just bejond Clovis' reach.

You know what? I think she actually likes you. And while you give little clue as usual to your feelings on the matter, I'll leave you with this... She'll never have better than me.

Turns and strides across the room and enters the curtained room beyond. Turns. Grins. And shuts the curtains.

Oh Thes... why the hell did you come here.

Various noises can be heard coming out of the room beyond the curtain. Clovis bows his head puts his hands over his ears and tries in vain to stop his ultrasensitive hearing from picking up every grunt and groan from the room beyond.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-19, 01:12 AM
An angry animalistic scream is heard and then a loud smacking thud with a clanging dragging sound. Almost immdietatly Dionysus reappears through the curtain pulling a chain behind him. Attached to that chain via an ankle cuff, is Thes. Thes sans armor, attempts to grab ahold of the chain and pull the God off his feet before he has an attempt to gloat in front of his son.

Trog
2006-08-19, 01:23 AM
Dionysus anticipates the move and adjusts his weight to remain on his feet. He then attaches the other end of the chain to a tall, fluted column covered with ivy. The same column Clovis' chain is attached to.

There. Now I have two slaves to do my bidding. One for cleaning and the other for... Well I still haven't figured out what you're good at, Thes, but I'll think of something.

He waves at Clovis and Thes and heads off into the party. A couple of nymphs shoot Thes jealous looks then stalk off after the Wine God.

You okay?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-19, 01:25 AM
Thes retreats behind the column and slumps down and hangs her head in her hands.

She does not immediately answer Clovis.

Trog
2006-08-19, 01:28 AM
Stupid question. Sorry.

Clovis sits against the column, his feet drawn up and his hands around his knees.

*sigh* If I wasn't already dead I'd say we're gonna die here.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-19, 01:31 AM
For a brief second Clovis with his exceptional hearing thinks he hears a sob, but it is quickly over.

Thes tries to stand up... but is obviously very intoxicated. She stumbles and falls on top of Clovis.

Trog
2006-08-19, 01:34 AM
Oh jeez. Hey... Heeey... I didn't mean it. We'll get out of here. I'll find a way. We'll escape. I promise. Okay? I promise.

A little awkwardly Clovis strokes Thes' hair in a comforting way.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-19, 01:36 AM
Thes leans into the caress for a moment, and then the wall seems to slam back down. She pulls away, but stumbles and falls on her butt. She grabs ahold of Clovis for stability. She then trys to shake her head clear, but ends up only making herself dizzy and falls over again, sprawling out in front of Clovis.

Trog
2006-08-19, 01:46 AM
Whoa. Take it easy Thes. That stuff knocks even gods for a loop. You need to sit down. I'll get you some water. You can dehydrate pretty quickly when that stuff wears off.

Gets up and graps a decanter of water. Places it in front of her.

Drink some of that. it'll help. You certainly not the first girl I've helped out that was in this state, sadly.

A winged messanger zips by with golden invitations that it sets at the far end of the room in front of a man who sits perpetually penning the invitations. Partygoes revel in the distance.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-19, 01:50 AM
At the idea that she is not unique in her suffering the embers of hate flare brighter, but soon the drink dulls them.

She stares at the water for a long time.

"I can't remember the last time I drank water.... next, I'll eat food."

She gingerly takes the decanter of water and puts it to her lips. She sips it slowly, but steadily, drinking a good amount.

Her eyes fall on the golden invitation, and she looks sideways at Clovis with a "Are you thinking what I'm thinking look."

Trog
2006-08-19, 01:56 AM
Clovis nods at her.

Yeah. That may be our best bet. You can be sure no one here is going to help either of us. We need to get word to the Town. Though I fear that they may end up stuck here with us if they're not careful.

Sits in thought.

To be continued...

Loki_the_god
2006-08-19, 01:35 PM
A dark figure with black skin and red hair appears in the main room. A smokey cloak billows around her and whenever she walks it's like she's stepping on black water. She scowls at the debauchery being performed and searches the crowd, obviously looking for someone.

Trog
2006-08-19, 01:47 PM
A harried looking winged messenger zips by carrying a stack of golden invitations to other planes, presumably. Oh man I am soooo behind. He disappears with a *BAMF*

A drunken half man, half ram stumbles into Hel.

Oh heeeey shorry shweetie. Didn't shee you there. How you doin'?

Loki_the_god
2006-08-19, 01:49 PM
Hel removes the ram's hand and twists it, hard. "Where is Dionysus?"

Trog
2006-08-19, 01:55 PM
Ah! Ah! Leggo you crazy b*tch! I don't know where he is, alright?

A couple of partygoers look in her direction and whisper behind their hands at one another.

He's probably over on his throne. Over there.

He guestures over towards a far corner with his free hand.

Loki_the_god
2006-08-19, 01:57 PM
Hel lets go of the ram, sneering at him. "Thank you very much. You have fun." She turns and heads for the throne, watching the partygoers with burning red eyes.

Trog
2006-08-19, 02:08 PM
Up ahead the crowd parts and a huge throne on a riased dias can be seen. Grape vines cover the rustic wood beams that support the complicated wine rack structure that surrounds the throne.

The throne is carved out of a single piece of carefully bent and crafted wood. The strativarious-like quality of the craftsmanship is unsurpassed. Draped across the curved throne is Dionysus. Nymphs surround him and dote on him, one feeding him glowing red grapes, playfully.

I don't know what you see in that one. She's not even pretty. says the one with the grapes.

She's mannish.

And only a mortal. She's beneath you.

She amuses me for the moment. Her strength I find exciting. And her animalistic spirit. I've been in the mood for some spice lately that I haven't been getting from any here.

A couple of nymphs look hurt at the god's comments but he takes no notice, munching on another grape.

Loki_the_god
2006-08-19, 02:12 PM
"Spice from a mortal," asks Hel, pushing aside one of the nymphs to get into view of the god. "Even I choose something a bit more...fiery, Dionysus. If she wasn't strong enough to hold you back, then she couldn't have been that much sport."

Trog
2006-08-19, 02:31 PM
Ah... good afternoon Hel. My bouncers had told me you had arrived. Of course the brimstone stench gave that away too.

He sits up a bit, propping himself casually on one elbow.

And yes, to answer your jibe I would imagine you would go for something more firey. I on the other hand prefer the more rough. Animalistic. Like prey, really. Though last time you left before we could get to the good parts.

Loki_the_god
2006-08-19, 02:35 PM
Hel sneers at the older god, "Even as prone as you were, none of your little pets make fun of you? Even behind your back?"

She scowls, "Enough useless banter. I didn't come here to fight. I came here because you have my 'lesser half' under your control."

Trog
2006-08-19, 02:45 PM
Dionysus smiles cruelly.

Those that did were sent your way, I believe.

His eyebrows go up and he sits up, stretching his rippling godly physique.

And the rest did me good, in the end. "That which does not kill you" and all. I am now immune to sleep effects. Even those of Somnus, curse his realm.

Ah yes... the woman... whatshername.

Snaps fingers and looks at ceiling trying to remember.

Woodie? Cookie? Wendy? Wanda?

Loki_the_god
2006-08-19, 02:53 PM
"Wukei," Hel scowls. "I've come to you because I wish to kill her."

Trog
2006-08-19, 03:04 PM
What have you done for me lately, Hel? I see little reason to grant favors for those that distain me.

Raises and eyebrow and sips a goblet of red wine.

Loki_the_god
2006-08-19, 03:08 PM
Hel scowls at the wine god, a retort nearly slipping off her tongue before she holds herself back. "I don't remember doing anything against you, either. It was Wukei and Trog that planned that whole night. I was trapped in that bitch's mind. Had it been me that had come with Trog to that party you'd have his head on a silver platter. I detest mortals trying to prove themselves superior to gods.

Even now Wukei pretends that you don't even exist, and she sits perfectly happy with her husband and children. She's scorned both of us, and I intend to do something about it."

Trog
2006-08-19, 03:17 PM
And yet there you were trapped inside one, and there I was overcome by the plots of another. Well... Somnus, too, really. It seems that we may underestimate the cunning and power of mortals from time to time. I must remeber to keep a close eye on the slippery ways of mortals in the near future.

He casts a brief glance over to the pool area.

Scorned us both you say? Well... I can't have that. Up until now she has served me well, though unknowingly. I hear through her ears that the undead body of Trog is still floating around the Town somewhere. Wouldn't do to have it joining back up with it's other half, I think. So. You may destroy the human... er...Wubbie... IF... you destroy the undead Trog as well.

Loki_the_god
2006-08-19, 03:20 PM
"Couldn't you simply call it to you and dispose of it yourself? I wish to torture the mortal, otherwise I'd leave her to you. Still...an undead troglodyte shouldn't be hard to dispose of."

Trog
2006-08-19, 03:30 PM
No. Trog's mortal shell remains elusively beyond my powers to effect. His soul is another matter. There is some enchantment on him that resists my considerable powers. I believe he is warded against me somehow. Though by who and to what purpose I do not know.

No. For you it should be quite easy. Do this for me and I will grant you my thrall to do with what you will. But... only once you can prove that he is destroyed. No tricks. I want his head. Here. The rest you may burn.

Loki_the_god
2006-08-19, 03:36 PM
Hel scowls at the satyr. *"Very well. *But you really should learn who to trust. *It makes parts of life so much more exciting." *She turns glaring at a pair of nymphs as she heads away from the group. *She sneers back at Dionysus once more as she's out of the way of the lecherous crowd. *"Even I have a sense of family, Dionysus. *Too bad you don't understand the concept of forgiveness. *Perhaps you wouldn't have lost so many of your toys due to your son's last visit here." *The river begins to envelope the tiles she stands on and she slowly sinks into the Styx.

Trog
2006-08-19, 03:52 PM
Dionysus stares at the spot where Hel disappeared.

Forgiveness...

He drains the last of his goblet distainfully. A nymph quickly refills it.

... is for the weak. And I like getting new toys.

And breaking the old ones.

He turns slowly and smiles at the obsequious nymph. Then, striking quicker than the eye can follow, he crushes her windpipe with a well placed finger jab. She falls gurgling to the floor and quickly dies an agonizing death.

Dionysus sips from the goblet the now dead nymph had just refilled for him and strides off into the crowd.

Loki_the_god
2006-08-20, 10:40 PM
The floor in front of Dionysus suddenly turns into a black river, drawing in many unsuspecting nymphs, their skin being eaten by the river. Hel slowly rises from the river, holding the head of Trog. As promised. I couldn't get a silver platter in such short notice, however...

Trog
2006-08-20, 10:51 PM
As Hel arrives Dionysus regards the dissolving nymphs with a curious detachment. He turns to the golden-haired satyr next to him.

My apologies, Ampelos, I have a matter of busines to attend to.

As you wish. He bows and withdraws, giving Hel a glance as he retreats into the crowd. Dionysus turns back and smiles, draining his goblet of wine.

You have done well. It will make quite the addition to my trophy room.

He sends a nymph to fetch him the head of Trog.

Loki_the_god
2006-08-20, 10:53 PM
Hel offers the head over to the nymph, smirking at the dainty little thing having to hold a head of rotting flesh. I did what was necessary to get your approval to kill your slave. That is all.

Trog
2006-08-20, 11:02 PM
The nymph squemishly give the head to the Wine God.

And my approval you have. The human woman is yours to do with what you will. I release her from my command. She is a thrall no longer.

Waving his hand in a dismissive way a far off KRAK! is heard and a few in the party stop their revelries and look up and around at the sound.

Dionysus lifts up the head of Trog in one hand and regards it with a cruel smile, turning it this way and that.

I believe that I shall put you right over the mantle.

He walks off into the party. Absorbed in his triumph, he ignores Hel.

Loki_the_god
2006-08-20, 11:05 PM
Hel scowls after him. She sneers at one of the nymphs, You're lucky he missed out on having me. Otherwise he might not even care that you exist. And you know what happened to the wine girl the last time I was here when she bored him... The river appears again, and most of the nymphs manage to dodge out of the way this time as she disappears into it, the river enveloping itself after her.

Trog
2006-08-23, 10:29 PM
Meanwhile...

Three nymphs lounge on the stairs in front of Dionysus' throne, looking across the sunken "rooms" full of pillows and happy revellers that pockmark the floor between the throne and the pool area and talk quietly amongst themselves. They regard the figures of Clovis and Thes leaning against the pillar that they remain chained to. The two have been talking quietly to each other for the past few days, when they can get a break from cruel lashings and private sessions with Dionysus, respectively.

We really need to get rid of her. She's rocking the boat.

Agreed. He killed Fiona yesterday. He's getting bored with us.

You go near her then. You wouldn't last 6 seconds. We're not gonna best her using brute strength, that's for sure.

Then what? We certainly can't seduce her... do you think?

I wouldn't want to.

I don't know she seems sort of strong and confident and... what? What?

You're. Impossible.

Oh like you haven't thought about it.

Can't say as I have.

Nor I.

Oh fine. Have it your way, then.

*sigh* So... what do we do?

Maybe we could help them escape.

We couldn't! We'd be killed.

What you mean like Fiona?

...

True. But I don't want to seal my death warrant just yet. Besides they probably are already working on a plan themselves...

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 10:33 PM
"I still say I could remove the chain by toppling the pillar. I could do it quietly, no one would notice. I might even be able to pull it in such a way that I am pretty sure I wouldn't crush you."

Her shoulders slump a little, and she chews on her lip.

Trog
2006-08-23, 10:39 PM
That's reassuring. But I think, even as inebriated and as... looks in the distance... occupied as they are. Even they would notice that.

*sighs*

It's better than what I have though. Which, admitttedly is still that same idea we came up with initially. If only we could get our hands on some of those damn invitations.

Furrows brow in thought.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 10:43 PM
Thes grunts, with a grunt in it's subtlety says 'Well... if you just went with MY idea, THAT wouldn't be a problem." But even Thes knows when she is beating a dead horse.

"Maybe we should leave out some breadcrumbs to attract them. Or maybe, I don't know... you shouldn't have set an example of being so keen on bashing people about the head with that little stick thing of yours."

Thes sighs and puts her head into her hand. "Think, think... there has to be some way to get one of those little messenger boys within our reach."

Trog
2006-08-23, 10:59 PM
But I like thumping them with this.

Trog hefts the pool wand in an affectionate sort of manor.

It's the only perk of this job.

Slave business.

Whatever.

Thinks for a moment.

Wait! That's it! We can stage a fight between the two of us and you can disarm me. Throw the wand away. Then I'll be helpless to defend myself and you'll distance yourself from me. Maybe a couple of partygoers will seek revenge. I can get beat up and then you'll be free to mingle a bit more. Maybe more people will talk to you if I'm out of the way for a while.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 11:09 PM
Thes looks skecptally at the length of chain they have collectively between them, and regards it as no where near long enough, to get herself away from Clovis.

She then gives Clovis a cynical raised eyebrow."Though the idea of smacking you around a bit, does have a lot of appeal... I don't know if it will work....."

She pauses for a bit, in obvious thought "Oh what the hell... it's not like we have any other ideas."

Thes then raises her voice. Her full voice fills canyons.... Valles Marineris sized canyons. "I SAID DON'T TOUCH ME! YOU! You. you... weevil(?)" She then swings to smack the wand out of his hand... and perhaps, get a peice of his face along the way, just for good measure.

Trog
2006-08-23, 11:17 PM
Manages to hang onto the pool wand... barely. Gets smacked in the face as well. Scowls and rubs his face in pain and indignation.

Look! That side is your side! This side is mine. If you keep scootching on over onto my side... you're gonna. Get. Touched.

Looks down and sees that Thes is over the crack in the floor. Raised his hands. Pauses a moment. Then shoves Thes back a few inches.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 11:21 PM
"WHAT?! Oh, you think that's your side huh? Well you can just have YOUR little side! And Stop touching me! Or I'll show you a touch attack!" She grabs ahold of the wand and trys to wrest it from his grasp.

Trog
2006-08-23, 11:24 PM
Clovis wrestles to hang onto the wand. And gets lifted into the air for his troubles still clinging to it - his ankle chain dragging across the mosaic times with a heavy rattle. He tries kicking Thes with his free foot.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 11:28 PM
Thes isn't really that dexterious. She's all armor, magical protections and hitpoints. And right now she has..... Well, 1 out of 3 ain't bad right?

Thes takes a hoof to the solar plexius. She shouts "Hey! I thought we were...." She drops her grip off the wand as she is kicked backwards. She recovers in a defensive crouch and looks up at Clovis... now... her anger has been awakened again. There is no doubt now that the kid gloves are off.

She stalks up to Clovis and with one deft movement, kicks him in the knee cap while trying to sunder his weapon from his grasp.

Trog
2006-08-23, 11:34 PM
Thes' kick connects with a bone snapping sound to his knee. He releases the pool wand immeditely and squints his eyes shut tight in obvious pain and collapses to the floor.

You... Bitch! AHhhhhh!!! Kill you for that! How the f*** am I.... #$&%*!

Clovis lays on the tiles holding his leg which bends now at an odd angle.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-23, 11:41 PM
With the snap of Clovis' knee, Thes seems to shake off the blood rage... for a moment she looks at him with the 'Oh crap! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that!' look on her face, but it is quickly replaced as she realizes that she is breaking chracter... and that by now, their little combat has probably attracted attention.

She half heartidly says "See. Now that's what you get for touching me.", and slinks back to 'her' side of the column... chewing her lip. She has just realized her little display might not be any more condusive to getting possible message carriers any closer to her. She slumps over, trying to look as helpless as possible, but she only ends up looking like a shark in a kiddy pool.

Trog
2006-08-23, 11:52 PM
Clovis lays on the mosaic floor clutching his leg and trying to control his breathing but not having much luck. He writhes about silently for a while and eventually passes out from the pain, beads of sweat on his forehead.

Seeing that the pool boy has finally been subdued a satyr wanders over shortly thereafter. He stands just beyond Thes' maximum reach (indicated by the partgoers by a circle of empty beer bottles, wine glasses, etc.).

Hey again, love.

Points at self

Shawn. Remember me? The dwarves? Not ringing a bell? No? Ah well.

Puffs on a cigarette.

It okay if I take a dip in the pool now?

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 12:03 AM
"You can do what ever you want." Thes remarks flippantly to Shawn. Then seems to come out of her fit of remorse.

And again tries to be flirtly... but again, she seems to have too many teeth in her grin... "Yes, I remember you with the dwarves... They didn't seem to be so taken with you. How did that work out?"

Trog
2006-08-24, 12:10 AM
Shawn tests the water with his hoof.

Not too bad. They're tough as hell but none too bright.

He steps down into the pool.

Care to join me? I think your chain should reach. Just don't go into the deep end, love.

He leans back on his elbows against the side of the pool and arches an eyebrow.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 12:16 AM
Thes' hands curl in disgust and frustration.... but she calms them down a bit.... 'Must... be nice... Must be nice... dead fawns can't help me...' She then imagines a million ways she could kill him with only her bare hands, but slowly talks herself out of each one.

She turns and looks at Shawn, "I don't swim too well." She hopes that excuse will keep her from the pool, and keep the conversation friendly.

Trog
2006-08-24, 01:18 AM
Apparently the dwarves aren't alone in that respect.

And here I thought you would jump at the golden invitation of joining me.

Smiles beatific smile.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 01:21 AM
Thes tries, and fails utterly to obscure her excitement at the words 'golden invitation'.

"You have a golden invitation?..... Can I see it?"

Trog
2006-08-24, 01:26 AM
A couple of half-men half-rams wander by and look at Thes as she blurts out that last statement. Shawn tries his best to cover for her.

Well of course I do. We all do. Can't get here without one unless you're a god, love. Heh heh heeeaaaa....

The rams pass. Shawn cranes his neck to see if they have wandered far enough away. Then jerks his head in a come here already sort of way at Thes. He looks upset.

Get over here you twit!

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 01:30 AM
Thes looks ashamed and abashed, begins immediately to rush over to Shawn. She soon realizes that her machismo has been compromised and immediately straightens up, her shoulders thrust back too far, and attempts to 'stride' the rest of the way to the pool. She looks a bit like an over stuff peacock.

She hunches down next to Shawn, "You have one?" She says again, looking hopeful.

Trog
2006-08-24, 01:46 AM
Shawn continues to smile. He starts talking and his voice and tone is honeey sweet as are his facial expression but the word falling quietly out of his mouth belie the facade.

No. Now listen carefully. I am distracting you. That is my part in this little power play. You are over here trying not to succumb to my masculine wiles while a couple of fauns with a grudge beat the living hell out of your fellow slave over there.

Sounds of scuffling, kicking and punching can be heard from behind Thes.

Don't. Look.

Now. Here's my mission within a mission. One of the fauns has just placed an envelope with 5 invitations in a potted plant against the wall. Another has slipped clovis a ball point quill. I will return later under the guise of hitting on your clueless ass and at that time you slip them back to me. Don't. Don't. Mess this up, love. 'Kay?

*smiles*

All done.

He climbs out of the pool and reaches for a towel on a nearby chaise. Gives Thes a sly smile and leaves, blowing her a kiss.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 01:54 AM
Thes looks dumbstruck for a moment. Shaking her head to recover, she stands up, and slowly walks back to her side of the pillar.


She waits a good amount of time... and until she can hear Clovis stirring a bit, coming too, does she begin to slowly, every so slowly, inch her way over to 'his side'.

Once there, she glances over to see if he has become somewhat concious. She pokes him stealthfully a couple times, and once he is somewhere near conciousness she hisses, "Hey! wake up.

Wake! Up!

go look in that plant next to you... you have a pen... I'll keep an eye out."

Trog
2006-08-24, 02:03 AM
Ahhh.. Ooooah. Ow. What the... Who? Don't poke! The what?! The plant? Is it an aloe plant? I...

Looks around blearily, his face puffed up and bruised. Then seems to regain his composure for a bit.

Wait. Okay screw that. Why am I getting this stuff? Your the dumb ass who ought to be on plant detail. We're switching. I'm watching for people coming to beat me up and you're digging in the philodendrons.

Winces. Looks for possible assailants.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 02:07 AM
"Just because you act like a dung weevil doesn't mean you have to think like one. Go. Look. In. The. Plant." Thes raps him soundly with a flick of her fingers.

Trog
2006-08-24, 02:17 AM
OW! Hey! I've got a friggin broken leg here, no thanks to you! And then I get the crap kicked out of me while you're over talking to some dude. I'm staying right here.

Crosses arms. Feels something. Pulls out silver ballpoint quill with a caligraphy nib. Stashes it back quickly.

Get the envelopes. It will look suspicious if I suddenly care about the plants after doing my impression of a punching bag.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 02:29 AM
Begins the speech"I've got a threshold Clovis, I got a threshold of the abuse I will take... and right now..." She trails off and thinks better of finishing her speech.

She sighs deeply and then slowly and carefully goes over the plant, where she reaches behind her and digs through the pot, while keeping an eye out for people looking. She quickly finds the stashed envelopes, and then again makes her way near clovis.

She slids the envelope under his tail, and then says "Why you always coming to my side huh? No, I won't touch it. That's gross." And she slides a little away from him with a scowl. Though a smile is difficult for her to pull off, a scowl she can fake.

Trog
2006-08-24, 02:43 AM
Clovis looks around and then rolls over as if to lie down with his back to the room. He fishes out the Quill and begins to write.

"You are cordially invited to get Clovis and Thes the hell out of Dionysus' clutches. Bring your stealth skills and magical abilites. And cigarettes fer crying out loud. Oh and a splint.

This Thursday at 9:00 pm Board Time"

Adresses one Trogs, one the Temple of Inari, one the Docks, one the streets of Town, and one Sneaks. Hands them sneakily to Thes.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 02:47 AM
"Thanks. I hope this doesn't mean you'll get beat up again."

Thes takes them and slides away again.

Thes tries to hide them the best she can given the circumstances. It's not like they are a watch or anything.

Sitting on them... she waits for her 'friend' Shawn to come back chewing on her lip all the while.

Trog
2006-08-24, 02:54 AM
A little while later Shawn returns. He steps within the radius of Thes' chain and plays with her hair as he sweetly says.

Slip them to me.

Grabs envelopes and quickly and casually conceals them. Pats her butt and gives her a wink as he disappears back into the crowd.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 02:57 AM
Thes is too shocked by the pat that her reaction time is way slow.

Her only recourse is to sit and look grumpy.

"at least you didn't get beaten up., said with all the sincerity of someone who wishes the bad things had actually happened to someone else, however, the only thing she can do is endure, and wait.

Trog
2006-08-24, 04:27 AM
Shawn makes his way through the party and approaches a harried looking little man who scribbles invitations furiously. Within a minute or so the little man's stack of invitations are five higher and the little man none the wiser. Smiling he waves good bye to his new "friend." He turns scowls, stalking back to a small alcove.

There. It's done. Satisfied?

Very.

You have done well.

Indeed. Your debt is repaid. Begone.

Shawn bows to the nymphs and walks back into the party. A Winged messenger flies overhead with a stack of golden invitation, disappearing with a BAMF!

Trog
2006-08-24, 09:20 PM
The invitation sucks you into aA vast room filled with tall ionic fluted columns, upholstered couches, chairs, chaise lounges, and vast beds. Fountains are scattered throughout the room and feature exquisitely carved figures that pour wine from their stone vessels into the hundreds of party goers chalices. Creatures of all sort, clothed and unclothed and many states in between mingle, and laugh, and dance and cavort, and enjoy more sensual pleasures in full view of all. Steam billows in one corner of the room and surely obscures a vast bath somewhere in the distance.

A group of pixies scatters at your arrival, flitting off with a twinkle.

A large shaggy minotaur with a nymph on each arm swaggers past boasting about his physical endowments, the nymphs giggling at one another behind raised hands.

Several animated wine amphora wander past slowly, careful not to spill their contents on the guests lying around the carpeted flooring strewn with pillows.

Off in the distance a group of huge, mucular, hairy naked dwarfs (with, thankfully, a lot of long facial hair) scan the crowd looking for trouble makers, obviously bouncers.

Ares
2006-08-24, 09:21 PM
Ares quickly straps the sheath back onto his back. He looks at the bouncers.

"Where's Dionysus?"

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 09:22 PM
Rilik whistles at the spectacle, and covers his eyes when the dwarves or minotaur come too close.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 09:24 PM
Destro appears in the room, and feels very out of place. But when has that ever bothered him? He puts the open envelope in a pocket.

Deadly
2006-08-24, 09:24 PM
Ilias takes a few steps forward, looking around... and raises and eyebrow at the strange scenery

jaqueses
2006-08-24, 09:24 PM
*Jaque looks around at the revelry and seems to begin choking but stops after a moments.*

Hoseki
2006-08-24, 09:24 PM
Hoseki appears and seems baffled by the scattered mating couples.

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 09:25 PM
Alraune appears aswell, clutching trident in paw. He looks around and seems somewhat baffled aswell.

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 09:26 PM
After appearing in the room Earin thinks quickly and vanishes into the crowd, avoiding the notice of the bouncers.

Hoseki
2006-08-24, 09:28 PM
With a shrug, Hoseki wanders around the perimeter of the room, looking for Trog and Thes, mingling all the while.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 09:30 PM
Destro looks around again. He waves his hands and mumbles, and promptly vanishes from sight.

((just invisible. Not gone))

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 09:30 PM
The dwarves see the various new comers, and don't take a liking the way they look.

The muscle through the crowd, and stand in front of the various townies assembled in front of them. They cross their arms across their chests a little too much in unison.

Oi! You! *points at Rillik*
And you! * different dwarf points at Ares*
And all of you! *fingers of the other dwarves point at the rest of the growing party*

I don't like the ways you guys look. Where's your invitations?

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 09:30 PM
After a moment of mingling with the crowd, Earin smiles.
They won't even notice or care... He thinks.
He flickers and then morphs into someone else.
http://www.geocities.com/sjunderw/DancingMan.gif
((This is now Earin))

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 09:31 PM
Alraune shrinks and conceals his Trident before wandering around the room aswell, glancing half intrigued at the various species. He mingles quietly and takes a goblet himself, sampling the wine.

jaqueses
2006-08-24, 09:31 PM
*Jaque looks around at the group that came with him seeming to stare at them before moving on. Once he has looked at everyone he moves off into the crownd towards a wall trying to avoid the bouncers and any couples.*

Ares
2006-08-24, 09:31 PM
"I believe I'd asked you a damned question. Where is Dionysus?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-08-24, 09:31 PM
*Atreyu appears with the rest of the Townies and looks around in astonishment at what he sees.
He cowers and tries to blend in when the bouncers show up.*

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 09:32 PM
Uh, lemme ask my associates.

He looks pleadingly at Hoseki and everyone else.

Fenric
2006-08-24, 09:32 PM
*A new red fox appears and mingles with a group of other squabbling, chasing, yipping, nipping foxes*

Deadly
2006-08-24, 09:33 PM
Ilias looks calmly around, not caring much about the dwarves

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 09:33 PM
Alraune performs a rather stunning "hide" among the crowd and seems to meld into them perfectly. His armour seems to flicker to a normal set of artisan's clothing, and he wanders around looking for no one in particular.

jaqueses
2006-08-24, 09:33 PM
*Turns back to the bouncers.*

Oh we came here on a group invite. Why do we each need a seperate one?

Trog
2006-08-24, 09:34 PM
((Might not want to triple post and such during this if you can at all help it. Hard to keep up even with Thes helping.))

A winged messanger swoops low over head off to the other side of the party. He lands in front of an huge, empty throne and converses with the three nymphs lounging on the steps there.

A group of handsome fey pass by, checking out the ladies. Their chins held high. Several young half men half rams head butt one another and one shouts out:

Last one in the pool is a Trog!

They rush off with various whoops.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 09:35 PM
No invitation eh? The 'head' bouncer looks at Ares.

I don't see no reason to answer no questions from people not invited. It's time for you to go.


A different dwarf, maybe the slow one of the group hears Jacques and says: A group invite? That could happen, lemme see it.

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 09:36 PM
Crap. This is gonna get ugly.

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 09:36 PM
[Alraune is considered a Fey for roleplaying purposes and has according skintones and hair.]

Alraune glances back at the bouncers with his violet eyes and blinks a bit.

Ares
2006-08-24, 09:36 PM
Ares places his right hand behind his back, and when he reveals it again, he's holding an invitation.

"Here you go. Now, where is Dionysus?"

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 09:36 PM
Destro's voice comes from nowhere. No idea, although I can't see all of here from this location. As it is speaking, it rises into the air.

Hoseki
2006-08-24, 09:37 PM
Hoseki sneaks after the people going to the pool. Inconspicuously.

Deadly
2006-08-24, 09:37 PM
Ilias finally turn his attention to the bouncers, and a pair of shimmering kukri's appear in his hands, though he doesn't move to attack or anything.

DarkHunter
2006-08-24, 09:38 PM
*A snow white female fox appears beside the most recently arrived red one and starts to chase him around in a seriously flirtatious fashion. In between nips, she whispers to him...*

you seriously owe me for this...

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 09:39 PM
Earin moves through the crowd and grasps one of his wands out of his pocker and slips it up his sleeve.

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 09:39 PM
[I seriously hate the fact that Alraune isn't technically a Werefox and therefore cannot transform...]

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 09:40 PM
The head dwarf takes the invitation from Ares. He holds it up to the light looking for the water mark of a fawn kneeling holding a bowl of grapes. He pulls out a pen and swipes it over the invitation, and waits a second to see if the ink turns the right color. He then rocks it back and forth looking for the little strip inside the invitation that says 'Official Dionysus invite, not to be duplicated'.


(( I trust it's not a forgery right? ))

Ares
2006-08-24, 09:40 PM
((nope, real deal))

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 09:40 PM
Destro is invisibly floating above the heads of the crowd. He notices the empty throne and decides to avoid it for the most part.

Trog
2006-08-24, 09:41 PM
A dwarven bouncer turns to Illias and Rilik and kracks his knucklles. He begins to grow in size, soon towering over the assembled party, a mountian of muscled and tough hide.

Time to go.

He swings a massive phallic club at Ilias and Rilik.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-08-24, 09:41 PM
"umm...I'm the designated mount! In case anyone gets too drunk to travel, I'm here."

Deadly
2006-08-24, 09:43 PM
Ilias disappear and the club hits the floor. He reforms a bit away, his kukri's gone Sorry, I tend to forget putting those away he says, trying to sound sincere.

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 09:43 PM
Alraune is seriously glad he's nowhere near that phallus. He glances around quickly and finds he's backed himself into a corner, and is being advanced upon by a pair of women.

Merp...

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 09:43 PM
Yep. It's the real thing alright, even though the hand writing seems a little funny. And I normally don't see this sort of vagueness, but.... I guess... you guys might be legit.

He gives Ares, and all the others the eye, and then steps aside to let you all pass.

But you better be on your best behavior, or I'll throw your rumps right out. Ya hear?

Trog
2006-08-24, 09:44 PM
The half rams leap into the pool with concussive explosions of water, dousing the tile and two hunched and chained figures near a massive column.

Ares
2006-08-24, 09:44 PM
"Now...where...is...Dionysus?"

jaqueses
2006-08-24, 09:45 PM
*Turns away from Rilik and Ilias and heads back towards a wall before turning away from it and moving towards a fountain.*

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 09:45 PM
Oh shock...

The phallic symbol club, catches him in the chest and throws him a good 5 feet.

*Cough* I'm *Wheeze* With *Spit up blood* him, he points to Ares.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 09:45 PM
Destro has been floating through the place at will and invisible. He's stayed away from closed off areas so far, but the pool room is open. He floats in and notices the two chained figures.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 09:46 PM
Oi! Rocky! Stand down. It's hard to believe, but it looks like these guys were invited The head dwarf Chip calls out.

Ares
2006-08-24, 09:46 PM
Ares glares at the head dwarf.

"Where is Dionysus? You really shouldn't try the patience of a god..."

Hoseki
2006-08-24, 09:47 PM
Hoseki smiles, turns invisible, and moves closer to the chained figures.

DarkHunter
2006-08-24, 09:47 PM
*A surreptitious bump with the nose heals Rilik completelly*

be more careful, I don't need to lose my newest guard

*The she turns back to noticably "pre-mating" chasing of the red fox*

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 09:47 PM
Alraune manages to extricate himself from the women, his clothing half off already. He moves towards the baths aswell, avoiding the guards as best as possible.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 09:48 PM
Destro floats down behind the column the two figures are chained to. Either of you two know Thes or Clovis?

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 09:48 PM
Earin threads his way through the crowd, looking for Thes, since he has never seen Trog before.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 09:49 PM
Chip returns Ares glare right back at him. The Boss Man is where ever he wants to be. I certainly not his babysitter, nor would I want to be. He shudders at the thought.

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 09:50 PM
Rilik grumbles and thanks the fox, he raises himself from the ground, only to look down and see a large phallic symbol in the mosaics on the floor.

He cringes and makes his way into the crowd.

jaqueses
2006-08-24, 09:50 PM
*Travels along the walls peeking into rooms before usually hurrying on, either blushing or shaking his head. When he gets to the pool room he decides to go over and talk to the only non-threatening figures there, the 2 chained.*

Have either of you two ever heard of Trog or Thes?

Fenric
2006-08-24, 09:51 PM
*The female white fox leads the male red fox on a merry chase among the revellers, drawing ever nearer to the pool area*

Ares
2006-08-24, 09:51 PM
Ares pushes his way past the dwarves and into the crowd.

"DIONYSUS! Where are you!?"

Deadly
2006-08-24, 09:51 PM
Ilias fades away and a slight breeze blows through the room. (He's simply looking around, trying to spot anything interresting)

Trog
2006-08-24, 09:52 PM
At one end of the room huge curtains part and a muscular and radiant satyr srides through, escorting a nymph who is having trouble walking, it seems. He leans over her.

Everything allright my dear?

The flushed nymph nods and smiles a bit.

Good.

Callously pushes the nymph into a recessed area full fo revellers. Then holds out his hand. A wine glass is placed there. Hold out his other hand. A large, expensive cigar is placed in it, cut and lit.

Puffs several times to start the cigar smouldering. Then stands up sips wine and looks around.

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 09:52 PM
Alraune also enters, having seen everyone else enter the room aswell. He glances around and sweats profusely at the heat. damned steam...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-08-24, 09:52 PM
*llama is relieved that the guards let them pass, but he is really confused by the "phallic symbols." He just assumes its Dionysus's holy sign. However, swimming he can understand, so he makes his way to the pool and tests the water temperature with a foreleg.*

*he stops, seeing the man, his front left leg, up to its ankle in water. The Satyr is obviously some one of importance.*

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 09:52 PM
Destro repeats his question to the two chained. Either of you know Thes or Clovis?

Ares
2006-08-24, 09:53 PM
Ares point a finger at Dionysus.

"Dionysus, I've come back to finish what I should have years ago!"

DarkHunter
2006-08-24, 09:53 PM
*The chasing foxes run circles around Alraune's legs. He suddenly feels Protection from Heat and Cold*

keep cool, friend fox

Deadly
2006-08-24, 09:54 PM
Ilias focus his attention on the satyr, but doesn't do anything (still incorporeal)

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 09:54 PM
(( Destro... you must be patient. :P ))

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 09:55 PM
Alraune thanks Myobi quietly before he notices the chained figures and curses in vulpine quietly. Damned stone walls...

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 09:55 PM
Easily hearing Ares yells, Earin spies him and looks to who he is yelling at. Seeing Dionysus, he grins and begins making his way over to him.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 09:56 PM
((Ok))
Destro sits down behind the column, on the opposite side of the chained figures. He is still invisible.

Fenric
2006-08-24, 09:59 PM
*The red fox continues to playfully chase the red fox with an ever-increasing realism.

The white fox looks back at him coyly, but notices that the fire in the red fox's eyes is not pretend. She sighs and continues to lead him around.*

Trog
2006-08-24, 09:59 PM
Dionysus turns to Ares.

Ahh. I've been wondering when you'd be back. The nyphs were beginning to think you didn't like them.

Puffs and smiles but it doesn't reach to his eyes which regard Ares coldly.

-------

Near the pool the half men half rams wave the Llama in laughing and splashing.

One chained figure, a satyr, Moans and rolls over a bit. Sweat standing out on its head. His skin is pale and his leg is bent at an odd angle.

Ares
2006-08-24, 10:00 PM
Ares smirks.

"Oh, the nymphs can be at ease, of course I like them. It's you I came for tonight though...it's time to finish this."

Hoseki
2006-08-24, 10:01 PM
Hoseki, seeing the odd leg, reaches out and touches it. Healing energies flow fom her invisible hand to the mend bone. In the satyr's head, Hoseki's voice asks, Trog? Is that you?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 10:02 PM
Destro looks at the Satyr and shakes his invisible head. So that's why they asked for a splint. As he watches, the leg heals. Weird.

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 10:02 PM
Rilik steers clear of the god of peace and the god of war.

He tries to engage any satyrs or nymphs in casual conversation.

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:03 PM
Alraune looks over and quietly wanders around the edge of the pool, looking in at frequent intervals.

jaqueses
2006-08-24, 10:03 PM
*Jaque winces at seeing the chained satyr's condition but is unable to do anything about it.*

Damn that must have hurt.

*Moves over to the other chained figure to check for vivible injuries.*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-08-24, 10:03 PM
(I'm guessing if all the guys are in the buff, the pool water is kept at a nice warm temperature. Nobody wants cold water.)

*The llama having tested the water, leaps and in the air tucks his legs under him so when he hits the water, a large geyser of H2O shoots into the air.*

Deadly
2006-08-24, 10:04 PM
Ilias moves around the room, but stays close to Dionysus (incorporeal)

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:05 PM
After wandering around the entire length of pool, Alraune is now near the chained figures.

are either of you hurt?

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 10:05 PM
Earin leans against a column nearby the two gods and watches them with amusement. His top hat barely casts his eyes in enough shadow to hide them.

DarkHunter
2006-08-24, 10:05 PM
*The white fox nips the red fox on the tail and runs even faster. She leads him around and between the reveller's legs and all around the pool*

Trog
2006-08-24, 10:07 PM
There's nothing to finish here Ares. You still carry a grudge for me after all these millenia? She was a mortal for Zeus' sake. Pull yourself togehter man! Aren't there countries that need plundering? Generals that need guidance? I am but a simple vinter.

does a courtly bow

With a penchant for buggery, true...

sips wine and smirks.

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 10:08 PM
Destro remembers the rest of the invitation. He pulls out a box of cigarettes and some tindertwigs, but decides to wait for a safer location.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 10:08 PM
(( Like I said Paitence... the thread moves fast, and I have to make sure I don't miss people who have spoken to 'me'. There are many of you, only 2 of 'us'. and time is required to compose the posts. ))


Thes sees Llama, and her face brightens, and then she remembers she has to keep quiet not to attract attention.

Then Destro and Jacque speak to her almost simultainiously...

She looks at Jacque and says "Oh I remember you! You must be from the town. Where is the other guy who spoke?"

When Hoseki comes over to heal Trog's leg, Thes smiles at her.

"Now these chains are tricky, they are highly magical. The only way I have figured out how to break them is to topple the column....."

Ares
2006-08-24, 10:09 PM
"If there is no grudge, let me have your best nymph."

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 10:10 PM
((Makes sense))
Destro hears this and replies. Behind the column. I'm invisible.

DarkHunter
2006-08-24, 10:11 PM
*The white fox runs over Thes' legs*

How highly magical did you say again, dear? ArÍs isn't the only unusual god here tonight ;)

*The red fox runs over Thes, too, but he doesn't say anything.*

Hoseki
2006-08-24, 10:11 PM
Antimagic Field, then? offers Hoseki, allowing her mental voice to echo in the heads of the assembled Townnies.

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:11 PM
Alraune, who happens to hear this, looks up at the columns. they seem all too sturdy for any sort of toppling...

jaqueses
2006-08-24, 10:11 PM
Though toppleing the colum will make too much noise anyways. And to who ever just spoke in my head, yes it might work. Though make sure you stay away from me.

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 10:11 PM
((Oh that will be an interesting move, Ares...))
Earin shifts his position, and holds his cane more securely. His mouth twitches as he hears Ares' words.

Deadly
2006-08-24, 10:12 PM
Ilias turns back to his elven self and grabs a glass of wine, trying to act casual among all the people. He sticks close to the two gods.

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:13 PM
[if I were to use "detect magic" on the chains... would I go blind?]

Alraune raises his eyebrow confusedly at the chains.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-08-24, 10:14 PM
*Llama swallows a large amount of water and sprays it forcefully at a few of the other half-men-half rams in the pool.*

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 10:16 PM
Rilik grabs a few chips and quacamole and makes his way towards the other townies.

Trog
2006-08-24, 10:17 PM
Shrugs. Sure. Whistles for a beautiful and radiant woman to approach. She stands in front of him, light to his dark. She regards the War god with amber eyes that peer out behind her golden locks.

That make us even then?

Puffs and raises an eyebrow.

Ares
2006-08-24, 10:18 PM
"You have any rooms that are....more private than out here?"

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 10:18 PM
Earin looks slightly confused at Ares reply, but he recovers his composure.

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:19 PM
Alraune contemplates what to do with the chains.

Trog
2006-08-24, 10:21 PM
Of course. He guestures to a curtained room beyond.

Fenric
2006-08-24, 10:22 PM
*The red fox bounces and leaps and chases the white fox with undisguised enthusiasm*

Ares
2006-08-24, 10:23 PM
Ares offers an arm to the nymph, eyeing her over.

Deadly
2006-08-24, 10:24 PM
Ilias look at the foxes and smiles while sipping his wine

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 10:24 PM
Thes looks at the white fox"Inari?"


"I think only a god might be able to break the bonds. I certainly have tried and darn near pulled my leg off."




Thes looks at Hoseki "Could be an antimagic something... I don't know.. magic isn't normally my cuppa."

Thes looks over towards the commotion with Ares and Dionysus... "It looks like he is a bit distracted... but yeah... too much noise might not be good."

((I don't know if it a good idea to use Detect magic in a plane like this? You might need to make a sanity check. ;) ))

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:25 PM
Alraune raises an eyebrow and says, rather enthusiastically, What about silence, an illusion, and a handy dimension door spell?

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 10:25 PM
Destro steps out from behind the pillar, but he remains invisible. I could try to dispel the magic on them.

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 10:26 PM
((Aw man, if I was over there I could probably deal with the chain issue so fast it wouldn't be funny. Too bad.))
Earin continues watching Dionysus, hoping that Ares will distract him a bit longer.

Fenric
2006-08-24, 10:26 PM
*The foxes bound back over by Thes*

Of course it's me, dear. Who did you expect to show up as a white fox around here? White isn't terribly appropriate for this company. Give me a sign when you're ready ;)

Fenric seems to have lost himself..

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:27 PM
Alraune raises an eyebrow at fenric and sighs. Typical...

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 10:27 PM
Rilik stands silently by the group, watching the llama, making sure he doesn't get himself into too much trouble.

Trog
2006-08-24, 10:28 PM
The nymph takes Ares' arm with a nervous and expectant shudder and a hungry look. She follows him to the curtained room. When the curtains part a bed can be seen beyond, next to a fireplace.

From his vantage point in the pool Llama can make out a familar silhouette of a severed head above the mantle. Earless and mowhawked, with an eyebrow ring.

Deadly
2006-08-24, 10:29 PM
Ilias split up into two, his new clone grabbing a glas of wine as well. He seems to be much more relaxed and unfocused than when he entered.

DarkHunter
2006-08-24, 10:29 PM
*The foxes run over by Alraune*

It is, isn't it? He's worth it... most of the time ;)

Ares
2006-08-24, 10:29 PM
Ares tosses the nymph onto the bed, and removes his jacket.

"So, you're his best nymph, correct?"

Fenric
2006-08-24, 10:31 PM
*People begin to point and talk about the foxes, wondering why the female continues to run for so long. The white fox's ears go down to hear it.*

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:32 PM
Alraune blinks at the statement before he shakes his head and looks up at the pillars. I still say a silence spell, an illusion, and a dimension door spell would get us out of here rather quickly...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-08-24, 10:33 PM
*Atreyu gulps up another mouthful of water and swallows a bout half of it accidently when he sees the skull on the mantle. Some goes down the wrong pipe and he begins to cough and make his way to the pool steps.*

DarkHunter
2006-08-24, 10:36 PM
*The white fox slows down and trots off behind some bushes, the red fox close behind her. A number of satyrs come over to watch*

So, you think their kits will be pink?

Oh, is that how it works with foxes? Huh...

I'd never had thought...

Trog
2006-08-24, 10:37 PM
That's what the big guy always tells me. And he would know.

She drwas the war god nearer.

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:40 PM
Alraune glances over at the two feral foxes and quietly growls, not taking kindly to ignorance about his species.

He lets it pass and looks back to the chains. Can we do something about these and get out of here? It's getting warm in here again...

[He failed his will save...]

Ares
2006-08-24, 10:40 PM
Ares allows himself to be drawn closer. He smiles.

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 10:40 PM
Earin begins to meander over to the pool, gaining a glass of wine on the way. He does not drink from it, however.

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 10:43 PM
(( Sorry had to hit the head, and that meant taking my puter with me. I don't trust the people on this campus. Too many reported thefts. ))

(( Types as furiously as she can. ))

Thes looks at Alraune"I don't know much about magic... so I couldn't say if something like a dimension door would do anything. But I don't know what an silent illusion would do."

To the disemboided voice of Destro "I don't know if you can dispel a gods magic. Woudln't that be like destroying an artifact?"

"Fenric has lost himself? That can't be good. And I might be ready now.... why wouldn't I... or are you trying to tell me that it wouldn't be best for me to rush off to try to kill umm... That guy right now."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-08-24, 10:43 PM
*Atreyu says that he needs to rest for a bit, still coughing and sputtering. He goes over to the fireplace to dry off and he studies the various mantlepieces as he basks in the fire's warm glow.*

(Goodnight Hoseki. Fare well and tempt not the fates.)

Hoseki
2006-08-24, 10:44 PM
Suddenly, a sharp sound comes from where Hoseki would be crouching. Gods... oh, gods, I'm so sorry... She vanishes with a huff of air.

((*Yawn*))

Fenric
2006-08-24, 10:44 PM
*Fenric emerges from the bushes and trots over to the pool with a large yawn*

hmmm?

jaqueses
2006-08-24, 10:44 PM
Well, I can get us out of here with a plane shift spell but I can't cast it around a silent spell. And I don't have any illusion spells memorized today either.

Deadly
2006-08-24, 10:45 PM
The Ilias "twins" walk calmly towards the pool, sipping their wine

Destro_Yersul
2006-08-24, 10:45 PM
Possibly. It's worth a try though, don't you think?

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:46 PM
Alraune nods.

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 10:46 PM
Earin reaches the main group of townies.
"Anyone got a plan yet?" He tilts his tophat away from his face under the pretense of scratching his head. His eyes glow blue.

DarkHunter
2006-08-24, 10:47 PM
*Myobi comes back over to Thes and sits down*

I've been through worse... he's really pretty nice, even when he's not quite in his right mind

Trog
2006-08-24, 10:49 PM
The nymph clutches the sheets to her naked form.

Eeek! A Lllama! Ew those thing freak me out. Get it! Get it!

Aikifox
2006-08-24, 10:50 PM
[Gotta go for the night. Fenric is my designated NPCer... Don't kill Aura. His trident will extend when he dispells his altered "meld with ice" spell... if there's combat, try to get him to avoid it... I've gotta sleep... See you all tomorrow I hope...]

Ares
2006-08-24, 10:51 PM
Ares gives the nymph a kiss, and gets up.

"Llama, get out."

Deadly
2006-08-24, 10:52 PM
Earin hears Ilias voice very close by despite both of them apparently being quite far away and busy drinking. No plan yet... any idea yourself?

Fenric
2006-08-24, 10:52 PM
(( No problem, Aiki. *Sleep well. ))

*Fenric wanders over by Alraune and sits down, grining somewhat stupidly*

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 10:52 PM
"I think the only plans we got are either a silence spell, while I topple the column.... or Myobi here wields some godly trickery... well, I guess foxes are known for that.

Flabbicus
2006-08-24, 10:53 PM
Rilik curses when he realizes he lost sight of the Llama, he glances around the crowd for him.

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 10:53 PM
"I think I could get you out of those chains, but thats about it. I have a power in mind that he wouldn't have thought to prevent..."

DarkHunter
2006-08-24, 10:54 PM
*Myobi bows*

Wouldn't want to let my reputation down...

*A small golden ball appears and rolls over to Thes*

Pick it up when you are ready, dear. You'll turn into a fox, and even the god of wine can't stop it.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-08-24, 10:55 PM
(Night Aiki.)

*An embarrassed Atreyu grabs the pierced skull in his mouth and mumbles about "juss wanning to see et"

*he skitters away quickly with the skull still in his mouth.*

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 10:55 PM
Thes looks at Erin; "What what power would that be?"



(( ^ eeeewwwwwww......... What does undead rotted Trog taste like anyway. ))

Ares
2006-08-24, 10:55 PM
Ares turns back to the nymph.

"Now...where were we?"

Deadly
2006-08-24, 10:56 PM
The voice of Ilias continues despite him not being near I could probably try to planeshift some of us out if we need to flee.

jaqueses
2006-08-24, 10:56 PM
*Jaque slaps his forehead*

Don't know if it would work but using grease on the chains might make you both slippy enough to wiggle out, magic or not. Though he might have thought of it.

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 10:56 PM
He grins.
"Time hop. I could propel you foward in time, rather than through space, which he might expect. We could simply move the chains after I manifested the power and you would reappear outside of them."

Thes Hunter
2006-08-24, 10:59 PM
Thes looks at Earin's a bit skeptically.

"Unless Myboi has an idea, I think Jacque's might work. These cuffs haven't been resizing themsleves like other restraints..." Thes goes pale and silent for a bit.

DarkHunter
2006-08-24, 11:01 PM
(( First post, this page. You just got a Kitsune ball ))

AmberVael
2006-08-24, 11:02 PM
Earin raises a single eyebrow.
"Well, we could try his idea first. I do think my plan is a sound one, however."
He tries to think of more ideas.