Medium Aberration (Augmented Humanoid)
HD 4d8+5 (23)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Init:
AC 15; touch 13; flat-footed 12
(+3 dex, +2 natural)
BAB +3
Grp +4
Attack Pistol +6 (2d6, 40 ft. range increment, 10 round clip, Fancy) or slam +4 (1d4+1)
Full-Attack Pistol +6 (2d6, 40 ft. range increment, 10 round clip, Fancy) or slam +4 (1d4+1)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks -
Special Qualities Of course it works, No-nonsense, The Entity, Darkvision 60 ft., Damage Reduction 4/-
Saves Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 6
Skills Gather Information +2, Listen +6, Search +6, Spot +6, Sense Motive +8 Survival +4
Feats Alertness, Track, Shot on the Run (bonus without prerequisites)
Environment The Cities
Organization Solitary, Pair or Team (4-8)
Challenge Rating 3
Treasure -
Advancement by Character class; Favored Class Lawman

Of course it works (ex): While out on the range, agents can use fancy technological items normally, as if they were still in the Cities.

No-nonsense (ex): Agents are entirely immune to all effects of music, they have a +4 bonus on all saves against fear, and a +4 racial bonus on all sense motive checks. However, moonshine is deadly to the Agent: a dose of at least one shot or more deals 1d6 points of damage to the agent, against which their damage reduction does not apply.

The Entity (su): All agents are mentally connected to The Administration Entity. They are automatically aware of the position of all other agents, no matter the distance. They can telepathically call for help, alerting all other agents within 240 feet of their distress. As long as an agent is not surprised, neither is any other agent within 60 feet. Finally, as a standard action, agents can check the name, address and criminal records (if any) of any creature they see, provided that creature has ever entered a City.

cheezewizz2000
2010-11-29, 02:03 PM
I love it. Too burnt out to see if its ballanced, but it's perfect, flavour-wise. Vorpal Tribble needs to get in here and see it.

Eldan
2010-11-29, 02:04 PM
I also added moonshine-weakness to No-nonsense.

AugustNights
2010-11-29, 02:25 PM
I like it, any plans to make a Superior Agent?
You know, the kind you only find working solo.
The kind that has your records even if you've never entered the city, and spreads an aura of Robust in the Wild, and City in the 'Farmlands.'
The Sort of guy who magical effects of any sort do not work on.
The Sort of guy who comes back after you've run him down with the tractor and poured the whole jug on the splattered remains.
The kind that wears smoked glasses, because its eyes may be lethal to those it doesn't want to kill.

Eldan
2010-11-29, 02:27 PM
Ooh, good ideas. I'll get on it, for about CR 6, so it's an endgame opponent.

If they regenerate, how do you get rid of them? Alcohol doesn't work...

Hmm...

How about: they were a badge. Empty a jug of strong alcohol over the badge, then burn it. Like a phylactery.

AugustNights
2010-11-29, 03:41 PM
I like to think of them as... more of a body that the Entity's hive mind enters.
Maybe get that particular agents name.
You can't kill the entity, but you can prevent that manifestation from coming after you.
Truename or whatever, then it can't come after you.
The Badge has the name on it.
But it can't be easily read.

I now see a Hobo with three or four badges on him... hunting for more.
Or Cypher with a suitcase full of them.
Maybe Great Bear wears one or two.

Maybe the badges work strangeness on the wearers mind too..

gkathellar
2010-11-29, 03:45 PM
Spooky and flavorful.

Zeta Kai
2010-11-29, 03:54 PM
Very cool, but your image is broken, so I can't see what it's supposed to be about. It would help if you referenced your source material in the text, for without context, it is a bit baffling.

Eldan
2010-11-29, 03:57 PM
ah, yes. Apparently, linking the image isn't allowed, but it still showed up for me. Figures.

Anyway, the it's not for D&D, actually, but for the homebrew setting/system we are currently building over in another thread, so the fluff is there..

The setting is based on American legends and myths, so this is a guv'ment agent.

Edit: picture changed. Working now?

0tt3r
2010-12-04, 10:06 PM
The picture works for me. And I like it a lot!

Zeta Kai
2010-12-04, 10:32 PM
The picture works for me. And I like it a lot!

Yes, Christian Bale, very nice. I understand it a bit better, thank you.