View Full Version : SILLYcomic's When the SILLY get SERIOUS! [IC]

Sillycomic
2010-11-29, 07:52 PM
OOC Thread here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177211

Players:

Thugorp http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=254991

Critical http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=254818

Realms of Chaos http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=254818

It's the year 42 on the Silean calendar, marking 42 years of rule by the fist of Baron Dukkar from the capital of Sileer. Life has always been tough under his rule, a struggle for all those not in high positions, but recently he has begun to increase taxes and forcibly conscripting eldest sons of thousands of families into his army. Many people wonder why, as the country consists mostly of valley and they expect the mountains to bar the entry of enemies, but they forget that in the first year of Dukkar's rule the great mountain Mont Saint Viloç to the east crumbled mysteriously as the earth shook, until only dust was left and a dozen villages were buried beneath.

But whilst that occurrence might be worthy of telling a story about, we start in the present, on a mostly empty road that meanders through various forests and farmlands.

Mostly empty I said.

Mostly...

Thugorp
2010-11-30, 04:40 AM
Damb, Selian council *grumble* always new laws... *grumbles*... now I need to go to magistrate just for *grumble* friken clarification... *grumble* health license... *grumble* stuped chicken...

*and so starts the trek of Jeb, as he sets down the road with lucky walking staff in hand and a bag full of, "just in case herbs." His mission? to complain about the newest set of food distribution laws!*

(ooc: this is my explanation for why I am on the road)

Realms of Chaos
2010-11-30, 09:46 AM
If Hector were a smarter man, he might have spent this travelling time to consider his plans for the future. If Hector were a smarter man, he might have prepared for the journey ahead of him. If Hector were a smarter man, he would stand up and start walking instead of slithering on the ground like a human snake.

Unfortunately, Hector was not a smarter man. In fact, he was lucky to be anything remotely resembling a man at all, considering that he had died years ago. As it was, there was only one other person moving down the road (or was it two?) and Hector slowly followed after them. Maybe it was due to some need for affection but it was mostly instinct at this point.

Oh well, slithering along, then.

Critical
2010-11-30, 10:47 AM
He was wandering on the road without a purpose, perhaps, even looking for it. He was an adventurer, who has easily seen half the world, everything and nothing at the same time. But still, he was more of a nothing, as the indistinctive man carried on the road.

Thugorp
2010-11-30, 08:35 PM
Bump, for THIS WILL NOT DIE!

Sillycomic
2010-12-02, 03:54 AM
Ok.

So the three of you are wandering along a road together. You don't know each other and haven't exchanged names or anything... and the fact that one of you is a corpse slithering along behind the other two doesn't seem to particularly bother you.

The silence is comforting on the long journey.

It is however getting dark. The sun finally kisses the western horizon.

After you crest a particularly steep hill you see a nice clearing that has two caravans. They are brightly decorated and one side had large painted letters that reads, "Traekster's Travelling Troupe."

There is a large bonfire between the two caravans.There's some tents set up around the bonfire as well. A makeshift corral is off to the side that holds 7 horses and 2 pack mules.

There's a good half dozen people of various races sitting around the campfire. Some are preparing dinner, others seem to be working on their various acts for the troupe. You see one dwarf reciting lines, a half orc is juggling scimitars, and a halfling woman is standing on her head.

You see several halfling children running around and playing a game.

A young human woman looks in your direction and then goes over to a half-elf.

He jogs over to the two of you with a large smile on his face, "Hello. My name is Traekster. I was wondering if you had seen a little half elf girl? She said she was going to go pick mushrooms but that was over an hour ago. Her mother is getting worried."

Traekster is dressed with a fine fabric of clothing with weird colors. Bright purple vest, lime green shirt and blood red trousers. He has a yellow handkerchief coming out of his lapel pocket. His hair is a silver that reflects the sun's setting light.

Realms of Chaos
2010-12-05, 11:00 PM
As the half-elf jogs over,the two working neurons in Hector's brain cause him to start approaching him instead. As he goes along, his body hits a rock that flips him onto his back, revealing a sign hung around his neck.

"Hello. My name is Hector"

Hector stops in front of the half-elf and listens more intently than any corpse has ever listened to anything in the history of this world.

Critical
2010-12-06, 09:49 AM
Noticing the strange corpse dragging around, he made a mix of surprised an unpleasant face. He then noticed the people introducing themselves. Should he introduce himself? "That guy" has started waving his hand in order to get attention, just checking if he will get some.

Thugorp
2010-12-07, 08:56 PM
(ooc: I know this is out of order, but I want it to be seen and will not do it again. My computer has melted, AND finals are upon me. Please just skip my turn until... the next weekend. again sorry for the ooc)

Sillycomic
2010-12-08, 12:08 PM
Traekster waits there a few seconds in the silence before nodding his head.

"Well... ok then. Sorry to disturb you fellows. Goodbye Hector. Very cool make-up by the way. I know a few artists who could learn a thing or two from you.

"If you do happen to see a little half elf girl, tell her that her mother is looking for her."

He wanders back to his camp, a strange look on his face.

The sun is setting and the clearing that the camp is in is large enough if you want to set camp up for yourself tonight.

Or you can keep going down the road.

Or you can look for another place to camp...

Lots of possibilities actually.