PDA

View Full Version : Best way to give a monsterous minion Apocalypse from the Sky?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-11-30, 02:00 AM
I'm making a minion to one of my major movers and shakers in my game, and I need to figure out a good monster or race to make said minion. My question is two-fold:

1. How to get 9th level prepared casting for this person who the NSBEG (Not So Big Evil Guy) uses as a quick way to eliminate his enemies?

2. What's the best type of minion to use?

The bad guy is an orcish warlord who has it fixed in his mind that he will bring about a golden age of the orc, where all races will see the natural supremacy of the orc. He believes that the stupidity and crude nature of most orcs is merely a result of falling into barbaric tendancies, and so he seeks to elevate them to their proper station.

That being said, orc or half-orc seem both obvious and sort of counter-productive considering their hits to mental stats.

Goblins are out of the question without a good back up to the idea, as the game's actual BBEG has gathered most all of the goblinoids to his side to make war on the impure races (he hasn't told them he plans to exterminate them too, and leave a utopia consisting of himself and only the purest humans)

Help appreciated as always!

Adumbration
2010-11-30, 05:49 AM
Black ethergaunt?

Runestar
2010-11-30, 06:01 AM
What purpose do you want this minion to fulfill, besides simply providing a casting of Apoc? Clerics and ur-priests can do the job fairly well, with wis-boosting gear mitigating the loss of wis. For instance, an orc ex-cleric5/ur-priest9 would have int16 at lv14, give him a periapt of wis+4 and he can cast 9th lv spells.

Alternatively, anyone with sufficient ranks in UMD could activate a scroll containing said spell. :smallsmile:

Sir_Chivalry
2010-11-30, 09:56 AM
What purpose do you want this minion to fulfill, besides simply providing a casting of Apoc? Clerics and ur-priests can do the job fairly well, with wis-boosting gear mitigating the loss of wis. For instance, an orc ex-cleric5/ur-priest9 would have int16 at lv14, give him a periapt of wis+4 and he can cast 9th lv spells.

Alternatively, anyone with sufficient ranks in UMD could activate a scroll containing said spell. :smallsmile:

That's basically it, casting the spell. I'd suppose other spellcasting could be fulfilled by this minion, so perhaps the ur-priest idea is good.