PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the Fall IC

Cogidubnus
2010-11-30, 05:19 AM
Oriensatrum brings everybody through a Gate to what appears to be his own plane, where orders are quickly dispensed telepathically to several large groups of Celestials. But you hear his voice speaking to you directly. It is more powerful now, more commanding. More like the voice of a god.

"Sol, come stand by me. Nagah too, I need to speak to you. Bring Ayarilia with you."

Chambers:
"Selina, you too. I know your name and nature, and you will be very useful."

Chambers
2010-11-30, 09:52 AM
Selina

"Of course, Lord Oriensatrum." She says, no longer the voice of an old woman but a lady in her youth. She bows to Oriensatrum and flips up the hood of her coarse robe and underneath is a beautiful woman, dark hair and fair skin. Her bright blue eyes sparkle as the robe twirls and changes into a soft and fine cloak of russet. Her black leather armor shines as if made of metal, embossed with twining flowers and arcane enchantments.

She shakes her hair loose and it falls on her shoulders. "So...please, call me Lady Annela." She glances over at Sol and Ayarilla and smiles, then frowns as she turns to Nagah. "Charmed, I'm sure." She half-nods and rolls her eyes, turning to Oriensatrum. "What's our next move, Lord Oriensatrum?"

Relevant abilities...Hmmm. This will be edit'd and updated to something that can be easily posted in a spoiler box. :smallsmile:

Undetectable Alignment & Deep Cover as Lady Annela.
None of her gear registers as Magical due to Magic Aura.

Spells & Effects active: Undetectable Alignment/Deep Cover (Lady Annela), Magic Aura on all gear, Detect Scrying

AmberVael
2010-11-30, 10:39 AM
Nagah

"As you wish, my lord."
Nagah says, her tone betraying a little sarcasm- but she moves to obey nonetheless. While her black robe sparkles as if stars were caught within its folds, there is no sign of magic anywhere else on her person, as if she were completely bereft of magical equipment. Indeed, the only other item she carries at all is her mask, and while it is finely made, it shows no signs of magic on it.

When 'Lady Annela' frowns at her, Nagah merely stares in response. It could be that she is smiling contemptuously, or frowning in return, but her mask conceals it, and nothing else gives any sign of her current expression or thoughts. One might normally read intentions through eyes, but the eyes of Nagah are swirling black pools of necrotic energy, and nothing more. There is no emotion to be found there.

Nagah has the follow Supernatural abilities currently active on her:
-Magic Aura (on all her equipment)
-Scintillating Scales
-Mind Blank

These come from her Epic Arcana ability (From Epic Hero).

She also has cast:
-Heart of Water
-Heart of Fire
-Moment of Prescience
-Extended Foresight (through use of her metamagic rod)

Niezck
2010-11-30, 03:39 PM
The almighty solar hovers in front of his angelic ally, a brilliant aura engulfing the surrounding area that burns with holy power. Were it not for her magical protections, undead such as Nagah would surely feel its power. Sol floats gracefully to the angel's side, his wings barely beating.

"Indeed, we have much to discuss Oriensatrum. Who are these others and why do we require help from such ... abominations?"

He glares coldly at Nagah with his last word, the brilliant aura surrounding him seeming to grow brighter.

Derjuin
2010-11-30, 04:27 PM
Ayarilia

"Lord Oriensatrum," Ayarilia says, bowing low to the angelic commander. She smiles to Nagah, Lady Annela and Sol; behind the group, Hesko plants his rear upon the ground, looking as if he might lay down in a moment.

"You can call me Ayarilia, or Lady Oakhallow if you wish," she says to the three others gathered to help Oriensatrum. "What shall we do first?"

Cogidubnus
2010-12-02, 06:44 AM
Oriensatrum looks slightly coldly at Sol.

"That abomination has been redeemed, solar. We should all hope that redemption will always be available to us. Especially on the path we are about to walk. The others are mortals, brought to Celestia by the gods because of their power. Lady Annela has a wide variety of skills, which I'm sure she will explain herself. Ayarilia is a druid and shape-changer of phenomenal skill. Nagah, who you have already criticised, is one of the most powerful casters born on the Prime.
I need you to travel to the Prime Material. But you may choose where you go. Either to the human province of Nol, whose governor is Michaelus or the dwarf kingdom of King Ura. Or to a territory that has never belonged to the Empire - to the haunted woods of the necromancer Zartec. There you will find Chief Councillor Eltrya, an Elven Theurge who is negotiating with the necromancer. Michaelus, Ura and Eltrya all have a ring. Whoever you choose to hunt first, bring me back their ring. Anything else you learn will be valued, but the ring is the important thing. Strike hard, strike fast, and do what you must."

Niezck
2010-12-02, 06:50 AM
"Indeed, the will of the gods is that of redemption. My apologies, lady Nagah."

The Solar half-bows, maintaining his flight while doing so.

"Regardless, we should depart. Which of you have plane shifting magic? I can take you all myself, but it would certainly make it easier were you to guide yourselves. We can arrange who to go and see once there."

With that, the Solar floats to the ground and stands tall next to the others - his twelve feet towering over his companions.

Cog:

Being one of the main proxies of Pelor in regard to the prime, would Sol know any of those mentioned?

Cogidubnus
2010-12-02, 06:58 AM
"I can have someone Gate you to your desired target, Sol. We have enough power here for that."

Niezck:
You know something of all of them. The governor has a great fondness for music, dancing, fine wine and flunkies who flatter him. The dwarf is a powerful warrior who prays to the spirits of his ancestors for guidance every night. The elf, as was described, is a Theurge of power, and his involvement with a necromancer is very concerning. None of them would be a challenge to you normally.
The necromancer's domain has been quiet in terms of aggressive action for nearly a decade now. No one goes in or out between it and the Empire.

Niezck
2010-12-02, 07:02 AM
"Very well, a gate it shall be. It might be advisable to see King Ura first, as he is the ringbearer I am most familiar with. Though I doubt he will gladly leave the ring in our custody, he will hopefully see the dire need we have."

Cog:

And would Sol have ever met any of them? I imagine he'd have at least met the rulers (Governor & King) and possibly the theurge, but that's not as assured. Going to see the one he's most friendly with would probably be the best idea - I'd imagine it to be the dwarf most likely.

AmberVael
2010-12-02, 08:39 AM
Nagah

"Redeemed? Such a strange word, to imply that ones faults can be erased and aspects of your nature squeezed out as if you were a sponge."
Comments Nagah quietly, before speaking up more loudly.
"I can provide, given knowledge of our destination. Angel, if you would be so kind? You seem to have our destination plotted..."
She makes 'angel' sound as much of an insult as 'abomination' had been, as she addresses Sol. However, the rest of her words take on a more professional and polite tone, so it might be that she only wanted to take a single jab at him in retaliation.
Either way, he'll feel her telepathic presence unfold itself, to allow him a means of more accurately and swiftly conveying their destination to her- though if he is without such accurate information, perhaps Oriensatrum could oblige instead.

Either way, she will swiftly open a gate once coordinates are provided (assuming there is nothing else anyone wishes to say), and move the group through.

Chambers
2010-12-02, 11:25 AM
Selina

"Oh, leaving so soon? Hrmm." Lady Annela toss the gnarled stick on the ground and shakes down a charm bracelet to her wrist. "It's been awhile since I've spoken with royalty..." She says as she unclips one of the charms, a sword of some kind, and it instantly grows and transforms into an elegant adamantine courtblade, long and sharp. She flourishes with the blade for a moment before smiling and saluting the group.

"Always be ready, that's what my mother said."

Niezck
2010-12-02, 11:57 AM
"Indeed, we have no time for dawdling, we should see King Ura with the utmost haste."

As Selina draws her sword, Sol raises an eyebrow at the woman.

"Interesting blade. What's its history?"

Chambers
2010-12-02, 12:07 PM
Selina

Raising an eyebrow at the angel, Lady Annela says "Most the same as any other story. Same parts, at least. Blood...pain...death." She turns the blade so that the light flicks off it and an inscription etched at the base of the blade can be seen. "Elvish. After Larethian forged it he inscribed it with his fingernail. It means 'While we live, let us live!'. Told me it was mine so long as I followed that command." She smiles and flicks back a strand of hair. "Perhaps later I'll tell you whole story, when we're not pressed for time."

If anyone can tell me where that's from without using the internets, I'll be impressed. :smallsmile:

AmberVael
2010-12-03, 12:45 PM
Nagah

With an idle, almost half-hearted gesture, Nagah conjures her magic. There is a strange pulse, then a humming sound as a maw tears its way open before them, creating a gate that leads directly to their destination... but is also a little bit disturbing. There's just something about it that doesn't seem quite right, as if it weren't so much a doorway as an open mouth waiting for hapless victims to wander into it.

"No sense wasting time. That's the whole point of this exercise, after all."
Nagah says, gesturing for them to go through.
"After you."

Chambers
2010-12-03, 03:02 PM
Selina

"That is more than a little disconcerting." Lady Annela says. She turns to the group and raises an eyebrow. "Oh well. Always have wanted to travel through the planes in the gullet of a giant monster. Don't be surprised if you don't see me. Ta!" She smiles and walks towards the portal and steps through it.

I don't know what's on the other side, but if there are shadows within 10ft of where it opens she'll be using HiPS. Gating into enemy territory, she doesn't want to be the first target. :smallwink:

Hide
Move Silently [roll]1d20+

Derjuin
2010-12-03, 03:48 PM
Ayarilia

"An interesting gate," she mumbles, intrigued by the magic's form. "It reminds me of the mouth of a large beast, ready to swallow its prey whole." She says with a sort of half-smile, possibly tinged with unease at the similarity. She shrugs and places a hand on her own shoulder, a white sheen covering her for a moment before fading away.

She calls Hesko to join her at the Gate; a moment later, her body changes shape, shrinking and changing to that of a four-legged, winged creature; soon, a small, brownish red dragon, barely the size of a housecat, stands where Ayarilia once did. She chirps twice to the others and hops through the gate, Hesko right behind her.

Placing Nature's Aegis (Incredible Perception) on myself, then using a Wild Shape (18 left) to transform into a Pseudodragon, using the dragon's Strength, Constitution and Charisma scores.

Niezck
2010-12-03, 04:28 PM
"I see your nature seeps into your magic, Nagah."

With a raised eyebrow, the Solar takes his mace in his hands and steps through the portal, almost appearing calm as if nothing could truly threaten him.

AmberVael
2010-12-04, 12:28 PM
"Or perhaps my magic seeps into my nature."
Nagah says as she follows them through the gate, letting it close behind her.
"You can't assume which one is the cause, and which is the effect."

Cogidubnus
2010-12-06, 12:39 PM
Your Gate deposits you about a quarter of a mile from the enormous gates of the dwarven stronghold. They are made of solid metal, steel with Adamantine reinforcements, and a polished brass inlay showing a dwarf fighting a dragon. The gates are over thirty feet tall, and are set slightly into the side of a mountain, which a granite overhang above them. What appears to be a small trade caravan is a little way ahead of you, approaching the gates.

Derjuin
2010-12-06, 01:42 PM
After looking over the inlay from the group's position, Ayarilia decides that perhaps a being in the form of a dragon, pseudodragon though it may be, will be a bad idea, and returns to being an elf.

Niezck
2010-12-06, 09:26 PM
Entirely unafraid of the situation, Sol simply walks toward the gate, head held high, and beckons to the others to follow.

"We have no need to disguise ourselves or hide in the shadows, King Ura will be pleased to see me I'm sure."

Chambers
2010-12-07, 12:28 AM
Selina

"Oh, so you know the king?" Annela looks up at the gates and the mountains above. "Well, if we're going to walk in all formal and announced the guards might not appreciate this being out." The large courtblade twirls in her hand and it shrinks down to thimble size. Clipping it to her braclet she pushes it back up to her elbow, hidden under her sleeve. She glances at the angel. "I would ask if we have a cover story...but I don't imagine you'd pass as a scullery maid."

Niezck
2010-12-07, 12:35 AM
"Hopefully, we won't need a cover story. I helped King Ura first establish his empire many a year ago. The dwarf lords, you see, are a very fickle folk. None of them would unite under one banner for fear of reprisal from the other lords. I helped convince Lord Alg to join with Ura and the others soon followed. In the end their fears were entirely unfounded, each was unwilling to go to war with the other yet feared the others did not share their desire for peace. It was all a big misunderstanding really ..."

Sol seems to get lost in thought for a moment as he walks before snapping back to reality.

"Ahem ... Yes, anyway, he should be happy to see me. Provided his ridiculous spirit beliefs haven't told him that Celestia stands against him along with the rest of the world, that is."

AmberVael
2010-12-07, 11:03 AM
"Will he? I wonder..."
Nagah seems more doubtful of their reception, but does not raise an objection to direct entrance. It would, after all, be the swiftest way of determining what they were getting into. Though it might be a little risky, she was certain they could handle it, if only by retreating.
"What else should we know of this dwarf? What resources does he have, and if he takes exception to us, what will he do?"

Cogidubnus
2010-12-07, 12:11 PM
Spot checks, please.

AmberVael
2010-12-07, 12:45 PM
In case it matters, Nagah also has 60ft tremorsense, 20ft blindsight, and 70ft mindsight. Those might pick up on anything in range. Otherwise...

Spot: [roll0]

Niezck
2010-12-07, 12:52 PM
Cog:

To reply to Nagah's question, what more would Sol know about King Ura?

Sadly, Sol has few extra senses. Nagah's got it covered though most likely.

[roll0]

Derjuin
2010-12-07, 05:45 PM
Spot:

[roll0]