PDA

View Full Version : Following Commandments IC

Cogidubnus
2010-11-30, 05:21 AM
Each of you hears your patron deities voice in your minds, telling you they will join you in a few moments, but that for now you should continue to talk together.

Just get your characters knowing each other and your orders will come when you've all introduced yourselves.

Tacitus
2010-12-02, 06:42 AM
Ferrovax
Stat Block reposted for my reference
HP 477/477 AC:78 T:35 FF:69
Init: +14 Perception: +17 Spot, +17 Listen, Low-Lightx4, Darkvision 120ft, Blindsense 60ft
SPeed: 95ft Land, 80ft Climb, 80ft Burrow, 105ft Swim, 445ft Fly (Perfect)
Buffs: Silence (Only when beneficial), Endure Exposure, Haste, Death Ward, Freedom of Movement, Blur, Nondetection (CL20)
Condition: -25 to Truespeak Checks for 24 hours.
Immune: Acid, Cold Electricity, Fire, Sonic, Blind, Crits, Exhaustion, Movement against Will (Bull Rush, Teleport, Plane Shift, Etc), Poison, Polymoprh, Stun
Resistances: DR 20/-
Passive: Fast Healing 15, Water Breathing, Sizing (Small<->Gargantuan), Evasion, Pass Without Trace, No Scent
Str: 29 Dex: 28 Con: 30 Int: 40 Wis: 25 Cha: 35
Fort: +39 Ref: +37 Will: +37

Class Features: Current Truespeak Modifier: +41
SLAs: DC 35, CL 30 (+2 [Fire], [Sonic]), No CL Cap, [Fire] can deal half Sonic
[30/30] Produce Flame
[30/30] Sound Burst
[15/15] Pyrotechnics
[15/15] Shatter
[15/15] Wall of Fire
[15/15] Shout
[15/15] Wall of Stone
[10/10] Power Word, Stun
[7/7] Fire Storm
[6/6] Incendiary Cloud
[5/5] Meteor Swarm
[1/1] Call Lightning
[1/1] Freedom of Movement

Breath Weapons:
Pyroclastic: Ref Half DC 35. 30d6, half Fire, half Sonic
Destruction: Fort Negates DC 35 or Completely Disintegrate to fine ash.

+8d6 Fire on all natural attacks.

Frightful Presence: 300ft radius, Will save or Panic (4d6 rounds) if HD or less, Shaken (4d6 rounds) if 5HD or more. Success on save immune for 24 hours. Dragons immune.

When Sundering or attacking Construct natural weapons treated as carrying a Shatter with CL=HD+2

May charge though walls if the dragon could otherwise burrow through them. Destroys walls. Only non-worked, non-magical ground/earth/stone.

Take extra Move, Standard, or Full Round but then must wait 5 rounds t do so again.

Natural Attacks treated as Cold Iron, Adamantine, Silver
All Attacks treated as Chaotic, Good, Evil, Lawful

Take ten on all Int checks and Int skills. Vision as the spell 1/day as Extraordinary Ability with no XP or GP cost.
+5 Enhancement to hit, +20 Enhancement to damage on 1st hit each round
1/round take 20 on Truespeak, autosucceed on researching truenames.

Storm giant affinity +6 (Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Info, Intimidate, and Perform with Storm Giants)

Immune to Fire (As an Epic Destiny Ability), All fire ignores ER (Fire), Immunity counts for half. Epic Spells, Artifacts, and other Destinies ignore this.
+30 Fire damage on a hit, +10ft Reach at all times
1/encounter Brand a foe as a swift acion after dealing fire damage to them. Will negates DC 36 (Cha based). On failure they are incapable of attacking anyone else. Against you they are treated as flat-footed and against them you gain +Str as an Untyped bonus to AC
When melee misses against dragon, AoO can be used to redirect at any foe in reach of the attacker. Use their attack roll to hit and deal +30 Fire.
1/encounter unleash a roar as a standard action. All enemies w/in 100 ft. take 100 sonic damage and must save vs DC 35 (Will Negates, Con based). Those with less HD panicked as long as they remain within 100ft. Greater or equal HD failed are treated as Branded by Unbearable Taunt.

Verbose Strike (Ex): After a Full Attack can use Utterance as Swift targeting foe attacked during Full Attack.
Battle Cadence (Ex): May begin or change Recitation as Swift for +2DC augment

Maneuvers:
Readied:[Y/N]
[N] Rabid Wolf Strike
[N] Death From Above
[Y] Rabid Bear Strike
[N] Wolf Climbs Mountain
[Y] Hamstring Attack
[Y] Raging Mongoose
[Y] Girallon Windmill Fleshrip

Stances:
[X] Prey on the Weak
[Y] Wolf Pack Tactics

Item Notes:
Permanent Freedom of Movement
Immune Acid, Cold
Hat of Disguise
3 charges per day to gain move/standard/full action
take 10 on Balance/Climb/Jump/Swim/Tumble and take 20 1/day

Nondetection CL 20, 20% Miss Chance as per Blur
Immune nonmagical manufactured weapons, DC 15 Ref vs magical manufactured weapons for half,

Attacker in Melee takes Half, rounded up.
1/day Immune to all damage for 1 round
Hide in Plain Sight

Evasion

Continuous Haste
Continuous Pass Without Trace/no scent
3/day swift action to take a free 5ft step
Swift to Stand from Prone (no AoO)
+4 vs Trip, Bull rush, Overrun. Two Handed always readied vs Charge
1/day Swift action to get 2 rounds of free time as per Time Stop
Immune Exhaustion

+1 Dodge to AC and Reflex while Flying

1/day Rusting Grasp, Self and Gear immune to Rusting attacks
Ignore Miss Chance for attacking Incorporeal with anything. +1d6vsIncorporeal

Continuous Death Ward
Take up to -10AC off Barding to gain up to +10 to Saves

The halfling kicks at some of the ash he has been creating by standing upon grass and a flurry of wind begins to dance around him as his true form beats two pairs of wings far too large for its size to keep itself aloft. Flurries of ash dance around him as he settles his gaze on Feng-Ra, "I would know your mind, of whether you think this very Assembly has paid witness to yet another Pronunciation of Two Skies. I do not doubt the faith or purity of any of those that chose to leave this Assembly in pursuit of direct action, but I can think of nothing but the Blasted Plains of myth." The halfling face smirked and he shook his head, "No, do not answer. It is paranoia, a seed of my tainted homeland. I seek devils even among angels."

The Antigamer
2010-12-02, 01:28 PM
The phoenix gives a shake of its head.
"Nay, though he disagrees with the gods now, Oriensatrum would never do anything he thought was evil. I simply fear that he will encounter a resistance even he cannot fathom. Without even knowing this being, or its powers, it is foolish to mount an assault."

VeinteNatural
2010-12-03, 12:04 AM
Oakheart appears pensive, taking a moment before answering, "If it is something truly beyond Oriensatrum, even that display of power will tell us something. Indeed, even if he falls in battle, what possible end could that have but to convince the Gods to take more direct action in the face of such a powerful foe? I do not necessarily think his decision right, but even should he fall before the enemy, he will have sewn the seeds of its demise, no?"

The Huntsman sighs, looking at his comrades Ferrovax and Feng-Ra and watching for the approach of Luther, "But his mission will take care of itself far from our own, and we would best be served discussing how prevent the further spread of this evil. In my eyes, the first course of action should be a missive to all still-allied rulers to turn away emissaries from this new force along with a grave warning of the insidious nature of their gifts. Following that, I see two paths we might take: we could attempt to reclaim the lost territories, acquiring the rings to bring back for examination, or we could give these up as lost and focus on defending the remaining territories. What would you recommend, friends?

The Antigamer
2010-12-03, 12:27 AM
Feng-Ra shrugs his wings.
"The missive is a good idea, but if the enemy is able to subvert mortals as easily as it has, somehow I feel that it will continue to find a way. Which is why we should acquire a ring for study. I believe many secrets would be revealed once we probe a ring. But a frontal assault would give too much warning. Let us sneak into a palace and steal a ring, and perhaps a tainted ruler as well."

Cogidubnus
2010-12-03, 12:25 PM
Lendys approaches you, his draconic shape hidden behind the impenetrable guise of a human man.
"I am glad you have remained, all of you, but especially you, Ferrovax. You are right to surmise that something must be done about these rings. There are two places we would ask you to go to, and you can choose either. Either the kingdom of King Ura the dwarf, or the elven forest on the Empire's northern border. All three of the elves' Council have a ring. When you have made a decision, travel to the Gates at the edge of this forest and someone will transport you."

The Antigamer
2010-12-03, 04:58 PM
Feng-Ra bobs his head in respect, and comments.
"I would prefer the forests of the elves over an underground kingdom myself. Caverns tend to cramp me."

VeinteNatural
2010-12-03, 05:16 PM
Oakheart nods his agreement with Feng-Ra, "I too feel more at home in the woods than underground. The elves' keen sight will make remaining hidden somewhat more difficult, but I have faith we can manage. I believe I passed through that region not too many years ago and should be able to guide us at least to the capital we choose without being detected."

A roll
Knowledge (Geography) [roll0]
To see what I know about the terrain surrounding the three capitals and perhaps about the kingdoms themselves

The Antigamer
2010-12-03, 05:25 PM
I'll toss out some knowledge too

Knowledge (History) [roll0]

Woodsman
2010-12-03, 05:40 PM
Luther nodded. "The elves are generally more cooperative than dwarves, as well. No offense meant to the dwarves, of course."

Tacitus
2010-12-03, 11:42 PM
Ferrovax

The halfling/dragon bows rather deeply as he hovers in the air, his eyes cast to the ground before his Lord on High. When his gaze rises again he wears a toothy grin, "I strike only where vengeance dictates and not a moment before; I would never leave your graces m'lord. Contrary to my companions I would actually enjoy the confines of an underground cavern to the... flammable forests of the elves. However, the consensus runs against me in this matter and I will comply with their wishes for the time being. Shall we, gentlemen?"

I can take ten on Int based skills, so my Knowledge checks are at a 40, except for Nature (42), and Arcana (58).

Cogidubnus
2010-12-04, 08:20 AM
Oakheart:

Before this all began, the forest around the elves' capital was green and verdant. The capital itself is built into the trunks and across the branches of the forest's innermost trees, which stand over a hundred metres tall and are often up to forty metres across. The whole area is connected by dozens or staircases and walkways, famous for their intricacy.

Feng-Ra:
The elves have lived in these woods for 12 elven generations now, giving them plenty of time to build. Their capital has never been directly assaulted, due to its location at the heart of the forest.

Ferrovax:
You can read the others spoilers. Also, you know that the elven city has been carefully warded against elemental damage to its trees and structure, due to the obvious flammability of it.

VeinteNatural
2010-12-04, 11:04 PM
Oakheart double checks his pouches and gear, before turning back to his comrades. "It seems like we're settled on the elves then. I'll tell you what I know of them on the walk to the portals." With that, the Huntsman begins his trek to the gateways between the planes.

OOC:
Just check the the "Oakheart" spoiler in the last tab, I'll tell you guys everything I know.

The Antigamer
2010-12-04, 11:55 PM
Feng-Ra turns insubstantial, floats down through the branches to the ground, and then walks with Oakheart to the gate, sharing what he knows of the history of the elves.

Tacitus
2010-12-05, 01:59 AM
Ferrovax

The small halfling follows along behind, floating serenely on heated winds, inserting his own insights on both subjects and also remarking on the architectural wonders of the elven cities. When not offer his insight he slips several scrolls from an ornate case and quickly reads off a few useful spells.

Include a Phrase of Perfection to increase my Cha by 12 to give me a +40 UMD so I can't fail to UMD the scrolls
Empower the Potion to add Chain to a Mind Blank scroll. Take Ten success.
UMD the Chained Mind Blank scroll.
Rebuild the Dweomer to put the spell back onto the scroll.

Repeat this process for an Extended Moment of Prescience Scroll, an Extended Superior Resistance Scroll, and a Reached and then Chained Endure Elements because I'm silly. (Use Pyroclastic dragon's eruption ability to get an extra standard action in a single round so I can Move to Vocalize, Move to Vocalize, Standard to UMD on the Endure Elements)

If anyone else has any scrolls that were not created with expensive material components or foci and never carried an XP cost I can do the same for them.
Empower the Potions adds a Metamagic of +1 or higher (by augmenting the truespeak DC) to any scroll, wands, potions, whatever.
I can get to a max of +5 Metamagic by augmenting for 28 to a DC 58 Truespeak check, which I can make on my single Take 20 a round +4s also take the Take 20, but 3s and below can be done on Take 10s.

I do not need to know the metamagic, and if anyone knows any +4 or +5s I should be using, let me know. XD

Woodsman
2010-12-05, 12:10 PM
Luther followed his comrades. Thiugh he had nothing to offer in the way of knowledge,he was confident the four of them together could handle the challenge presented to them.

Cogidubnus
2010-12-06, 12:35 PM
As you approach the gates, an angel stops you.
"I thought it would reassure you to know, Mephistopheles went after Oriensatrum. He'll talk him round to our way of thinking. I'm pretty sure he could talk anyone into anything. You'll be wanting this gate here. It takes you to a polite distance from the elven city."

The Antigamer
2010-12-06, 01:51 PM
Fang-Ra shakes his head.
"Somehow I think Mephistopheles will be trying to convince a wall."
Stretching his wings, he gives a great call, and flaps through the gate.

VeinteNatural
2010-12-06, 02:11 PM
Silently, pulling his antlered mask down over his face, Oakheart follows Feng-Ra through the portal.

Some Rolls

Oakheart is going to try to make sure no one gets the drop on them on the other side, so some stealth and perception rolls are in order.
Hide[roll0]
Move Silently[roll1]
Spot[roll2]
Listen[roll3]

Woodsman
2010-12-06, 06:21 PM
"I have every faith in Mephistopholes' diplomatic skills, but I also have every faith in Oriensatrum's unwillingness to budge. It's for the best we work separately now," Luther said, following the two into the portal.

Tacitus
2010-12-07, 05:02 AM
Ferrovax

With a flick of his wrist the halfling's cigar disappears into his suit and by the time he passes through the Gate his form has shifted to that of a tall man wearing a very similar suit. Tones of gray, black, and red slide across his body as ash kicks up in his wake, thick black hair pulled back and tied at the base of the humanoid skull. Two pointed ears jut out from within the massive mane of restrained hair.

Cogidubnus
2010-12-07, 12:13 PM
You arrive in a forest, which seems deserted. The trees are all dark brown fading to black, with dark green leaves. A gentle wind stirs their branches, making them hiss and rustle. The shadows are thick between the trees, but you are in a clearing some 30 feet from the nearest plant.

The Antigamer
2010-12-07, 01:22 PM
As Feng-Ra flies into the forest, he becomes less substantial, moving freely through the thick branches, fading away until he vanishes from view.

"Oakheart, I believe this is your prerogative?"

Using Ring of Sequestering to sequester himself, and becoming incorporeal, sans loss of strength.

VeinteNatural
2010-12-07, 08:40 PM
The Huntsman looks around for a moment and nods to Feng-Ra, "Right you are, but there is a question that should be given some thought: are we hoping to remain unseen until we arrive in the city? We have a bit of time before we're close enough to be spotted by any watch-posts but I thought it a good idea to ask if it was merely that we were hoping to complete our goal quietly, or if we hoped not to be noticed at all."

With that, knowing the conversation could be carried out just as easily as they traveled, Oakheart began walking towards the capital city.

Re: Perception
Just assume that Oakheart is taking ten on spot and listen this trip. I can't really do the hide/move silently, or my teammates wouldn't be able to follow, so I'll settle for just being observant.
Spot:104 (with see invisibility from mask)
Listen:100

Tacitus
2010-12-10, 08:14 PM
Ferrovax

The slightly elven dragon speaks a garbled word and the entire area comes into sharp focus, "If we wish to remain hidden then I can aid us, and if we wish to have few hidden surprises I can do that as well. I have few qualms about relieving the elves of these rings for the greater good, but if that is our goal then we should hope to not be seen at all, something I doubt can be done in a forest inhabited by elves. We've no doubt been noticed, maybe even simply by appearing, and should therefore attempt a diplomatic solution." The soft thrumming of echoing words continues around the currently man-sized dragon, especially as he speaks or when he mumbles those garbled words.

The echo is his Recitation of the Unclouded Eye, btw. Its a swift action to maintain every round and so I see no reason not to. >.>

Every five rounds Ferrovax will be vocalizing a Reversed Foil the Senses. He will stop doing this and instead do the normal version if we decide we need stealth.

Reverse: The environment stands out in sharp relief to anyone trying to hide. Anybody within 50ft. of you takes a -5 truespeak penalty to Hide and Move Silently skill checks. In addition, nobody in this area can gain concealment from a terrain feature so long as this effect persists. This is a very subtle change, and requires a Spot check against your Truespeak check to notice the difference in the environment.
Augmentation (reverse): For every +2 modifier applied to the DC, the penalty applied by this effect improves by +1.

Augmented for 30 to give an additional -15 penalty. End DC is 58 and I can take 20 1/round for a result of 61. Anyone must beat a 61 with a spot check to notice the terrain has changed.

The normal version is exactly the same except it offers a +20 Truespeak bonus to Hide and MS. I have Hide in Plain Sight unless in an area of sunlight, Daylight, or similar if we go that route. With this benefit I would have a +77 Hide and +75 MS.

The Antigamer
2010-12-10, 09:28 PM
The phoenix checkles in the minds of his companions.
"I am not only unseen, unheard, and undetectable, I am insubstantial. Let us try our hand at stealth. If some of us are detected, let them carry on as if the undetected ones are not there."