PDA

View Full Version : Of Grappling and Garrotes [3.X]

AugustNights
2010-11-30, 10:10 AM
Garrote
Two Handed Exotic Weapon
Damage: 1d6 Non-lethal Bludgeoning Damage /x2
Special: The Garrote is a Grapple Specific Weapon, It may not be used as a normal melee weapon, but is used in conjunction with a grapple.

When used on an opponent who is not flat footed or flanked, the initial touch attack to start a Garrote Grapple suffers a -4 circumstance penalty.
When used on an opponent who is not flat footed but is flanked, the initial touch attack to start a Garrote Grapple suffers a -2 circumstance penalty.
When used on a flat-footed opponent the initial touch attack to start a Garrote Grapple suffers no such penalty, and the opponent may not take a deep breath of air.

If the grapple is initiated on an opponent that would have been subjected to precision based damage from a normal melee attack, this creature suffers half of that precision damage each round that it suffers damage from the Garrote. (I.e. Sneak Attack)

If a hold is established on the target of a Garrote grapple, it immediately suffers the garrote’s damage, and begins to suffocate.

Assassins automatically gain Garrote Proficiency.
Market Price: 150 gp
Weight: 1 lb.

Razor Wire Garrote
Two Handed Exotic Weapon
Damage: 1d8 Slashing /x2
Special: The Razor Wire Garrote is a Grapple Specific Weapon, It may not be used as a normal melee weapon, but is used in conjunction with a grapple.
When used on an opponent who is not flat footed or flanked, the initial touch attack to start a Razor Wire Garrote Grapple suffers a -4 circumstance penalty.
When used on an opponent who is not flat footed but is flanked, the initial touch attack to start a Razor Wire Garrote Grapple suffers a -2 circumstance penalty.
When used on a flat-footed opponent the initial touch attack to start a Razor Wire Garrote Grapple suffers no such penalty, and the opponent may not take a deep breath of air.

If a hold is established on the target of a Razor Wire Garrote grapple, it immediately suffers the garrote’s damage, and begins to suffocate.

Assassins automatically gain Razor Wire Garrote Proficiency.
Market Price: 250 gp
Weight: 1 lb.

Mulletmanalive
2010-11-30, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure if perhaps you're thinking of something that i've never encountered, but from my understanding, an SOE issue garrote is a 3ft length of cord gripped in two hands. 10ft reach, that is not...

Unless you"re trying to say that you can maintain the grapple without occupying the same square, which is possible with a noose or a zip-tie...

AugustNights
2010-11-30, 03:03 PM
That was a typo.
But a noose is something interesting.
I imagine a whole lasso would work for that.