PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for homebrew (3.5)

The Pressman
2010-12-01, 05:30 AM
I am running a campaign soon, set in a world where magic and science are viewed as equals, and are used pragmatically. There are ring gate based traffic control systems, airships, etc. Vaguely steampunk, but only mildly. Still a fantasy setting.

I was looking to spice it up a bit with some homebrew elements, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for either existing homebrew or, on the other hand, a weekend project for me.

Ideas?

togapika
2010-12-01, 10:24 AM
Make goblins a big part, and make new stats for them...

The Pressman
2010-12-02, 01:06 AM
Make goblins a big part, and make new stats for them...

Ah. This wouldn't have anything to do with LA, would it now?:smallbiggrin:

Soren Hero
2010-12-02, 06:16 AM
what level of magic and science are you considering? like 9th level spells and futuristic tech? or maybe 5th level spells and 20th century tech?

The Pressman
2010-12-03, 01:38 AM
Meh, magic is still much more advanced than tech, so 19th century tech and fairly high level spells. E. g., not much epic, and gate would not be used. But they have ships, and trains, and steam engines powered by fire elementals, and airships, and primitive computers*, so...

*Think Babbage.

Soren Hero
2010-12-03, 03:58 AM
i think having better firearms would be incredible for your setting...having firearms (either magical or mundane) would really help in ship to ship combat...and additionally, i could see people robbing trains, boarding ships, etc using firearms instead of traditional sword and board