PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Campaign input

Mr.Smashy
2010-12-01, 01:54 PM
Hey all,
I am getting ready to begin a campaign for a group of friends, and i need some ideas, and would like some assistance with the ones i have. few things i need:

1. A humorous name for a town.
2. A humorous name for a guild.
3. A humorous name for the leader of said guild.
4. I plan on starting the characters off with one level of an NPC class out of the DMG to allow them to flesh out their character back stories. A group of renegade mercenaries are blackmailing the town they live in to accept their "Protection" from a force come from up north, but little does the town know that their protectors are really trying to protect them. I plan on dropping hints throughout the story that may or may not implicate the mercenaries. Hook me up with some hints to drop.
and...
5. I am looking for funny but harmless pranks the spirit (who is actually a nixie who lives in their well) can play on the PC's.

Emperor Ing
2010-12-01, 01:58 PM
Well...first off...

but little does the town know that their protectors are really trying to protect them.
I think it's funny enough that mercs that are offering to protect a town actually have a secret plot to protect the town. :smalltongue:

But I digress, prehaps incorporate the prankster into accidentally giving clues to the PCs about the mercs' little scam.

Sipex
2010-12-01, 02:00 PM
Hey all,
I am getting ready to begin a campaign for a group of friends, and i need some ideas, and would like some assistance with the ones i have. few things i need:

1. A humorous name for a town.
2. A humorous name for a guild.
3. A humorous name for the leader of said guild.
4. I plan on starting the characters off with one level of an NPC class out of the DMG to allow them to flesh out their character back stories. A group of renegade mercenaries are blackmailing the town they live in to accept their "Protection" from a force come from up north, but little does the town know that their protectors are really trying to protect them. I plan on dropping hints throughout the story that may or may not implicate the mercenaries. Hook me up with some hints to drop.
and...
5. I am looking for funny but harmless pranks the spirit (who is actually a nixie who lives in their well) can play on the PC's.

1) "Over there" a town named because when the residents were asked where they lived they simply responded "Over there" and pointed.
2) This I'm unsure of
3) Same
4) Needs some time to think about
5) Pranks are easy. Move items between inventories. Fill their bags with stones.

DisgruntledDM
2010-12-01, 02:01 PM
Pranks

In the tavern, replace the player's booze with water.

Use ventriloquism to make them believe their weapons are intelligent.

Somehow "Pants" a PC during social interaction with a key NPC.

Mr.Smashy
2010-12-01, 02:10 PM
1) "Over there" a town named because when the residents were asked where they lived they simply responded "Over there" and pointed.
5) Pranks are easy. Move items between inventories. Fill their bags with stones.

Nice. very very nice.
I plan on playing these mercs as the Norsemen from the 13th warrior. Very dirty, generally disrespectful, and drunken lechers. They say that they will protect the town, but most of the town thinks that they need protection from the mercs themselves.

Edit: The town "Over There" can be across a river from "Right Here", and a few miles from "Some Distance Away".

Mr.Smashy
2010-12-01, 02:11 PM
Pranks

In the tavern, replace the player's booze with water.

Use ventriloquism to make them believe their weapons are intelligent.

Somehow "Pants" a PC during social interaction with a key NPC.

Again, pure genius. I like the "Intelligent weapon" prank.

Gamer Girl
2010-12-01, 02:15 PM
1.Maybe. This is a real town here in Michigan. Maybe, Michigan. I always get a kick out of it. 'where to you live?" 'Maybe I'll tell you'. It's like the Lord Yu thing. "We need to go meet with Yu" "Who me?" "No Yu".

2.The guild guild. Or maybe just The Guild.

3.Gilda Guildersnoot. Gul dar Guild.

4.Dead bodies. Dropped bloody weapons.

5.Moving stuff around.

Kol Korran
2010-12-01, 03:48 PM
hhhmmm, some ideas:
1) names for a village/ town: "buggerpot", "the hurl", "guess again", "Imp's bed", "screw this"
2) guild names: the fish gutters guild, the chamber pot cleaners, mushroom collectors conglomerate, faerie god mother tycoon (there is a game like this, where you control a buiseness for making potions)
3) names for guild leader: pumpernickel, monalupa, pizifish, dunklebore.

damn, i have to run, if i can(and remember), i'll come back to write a few more.
good luck! :smalltongue:

Mr.Smashy
2010-12-02, 10:32 AM
hhhmmm, some ideas:
1) names for a village/ town: "buggerpot", "the hurl", "guess again", "Imp's bed", "screw this"
2) guild names: the fish gutters guild, the chamber pot cleaners, mushroom collectors conglomerate, faerie god mother tycoon (there is a game like this, where you control a buiseness for making potions)
3) names for guild leader: pumpernickel, monalupa, pizifish, dunklebore.

damn, i have to run, if i can(and remember), i'll come back to write a few more.
good luck! :smalltongue:

Pure gold. Thank you all for some interesting, if not scary ideas.

Pumpernickle Dunklebore of the Mushroom Collectors Conglomerate will be an interesting character to make.

As for the town, im going to have to go with the hamlet of "Right Here", with a sister town of "Over There", and the larger city by the name of "DowntheWayaBit."