PDA

View Full Version : Gorillaz character contest

azathoth
2010-12-02, 01:52 AM
Hey guys,

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this. :) I lurk here a lot, but I don't post much. :) I just wanted to say that I'm participating in a character design contest for the band Gorillaz. This might seem like spam, but I promise you it's not really. You get to design a character, and if you win your entry will become a character in the animated band's universe. Pretty cool, right? However... you win by votes. So... I certainly can't make anyone vote for me, but it would be awesome if some of you did!

Here is the link: http://gorillaz.com/evangelist/detail?d=4889

Thanks a bunch!

Azathoth

Asthix
2010-12-02, 01:56 PM
I'm seeing a problem.

EDIT: Oops I was making things more complicated that they really were. Voting achieved!:smallsmile:

Sneak
2010-12-03, 10:01 AM
Yo voté.

And, um, if you wait, the link does take you directly to his design.

azathoth
2010-12-04, 05:10 PM
Sorry about that! My character design should load in a second on the page that's linked. My username is different there, it's "thefeldman."

Thanks!!!

Draconi Redfir
2010-12-05, 12:33 AM
Ehh, i dont really think i WANT a new charicter in the Gorillaz band. why are they doing this?

Raistlin1040
2010-12-05, 12:36 AM
I don't think they mean in the band. As far as I can tell, they mean the universe, which is entirely different.

Morph Bark
2010-12-05, 05:17 PM
I don't think they mean in the band. As far as I can tell, they mean the universe, which is entirely different.

That's what I gathered, yeah. "The Evangelist" sounds like it might be some sorta villainous kinda character perhaps.

Bradakhan
2010-12-05, 05:33 PM
That's what I gathered, yeah. "The Evangelist" sounds like it might be some sorta villainous kinda character perhaps.

Actually, after reading the contest description, I think it's the opposite. Apparently he's the opposite of 'The Boogieman', the villain in some of the music videos. :smalleek: