PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for Base Class.

aphoticConniver
2010-12-04, 10:35 PM
Forgive my newness, as I am, obviously, quite new to these forums. I am running a 2nd level Werebear, focused on melee. I tried being a Totemist, as the Con is high. But that isn't working out too well. Are there any recommendations for both Base and Prestiege Classes?

zyborg
2010-12-04, 10:40 PM
If you are looking for an official one, this is the wrong forum. You want the one above this one.

EdroGrimshell
2010-12-04, 10:41 PM
Try the roleplay section, you may get more advice there

EDIT: Ninja'd

aphoticConniver
2010-12-04, 10:43 PM
Although official classes are usually more reliable, homebrew is just more fun! I should also mention my race has a reach ability.

On the side, I have just noticed the smilies in this forum are different than most, and I find them quite comical.

blackjack217
2010-12-04, 10:44 PM
agreed this should be moved. Also what feats did you chose? Are there multi classing XP penalties in your game? What are your ability scores? Also I vote you take the blessed soul because I made it and need someone to test it out. :smallbiggrin:

aphoticConniver
2010-12-04, 10:50 PM
Sorry if I put this in the wrong place. There are Multi-classing penalties, we are allowed any reasonable feats, and my stats are as follows:

18 STR
17 DEX
18 CON
13 WIS
12 INT
12 CHA

Strength is increased by 12, Dexterity is increased by 2, and Constitution is increased by 10 in hybrid form, making feats normally unreachable for a normal race usable in hybrid form.
Blessed Soul? Could you possibly post a link, as this sounds incarnum-based, and I love shape-changing abilities.

blackjack217
2010-12-04, 10:56 PM
Its actually a good invoker. Deliberately designed to be a good counterpart to the warlock. linky: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174220

aphoticConniver
2010-12-04, 11:04 PM
It seems to be mostly a palette swap of the warlock, which is good for someone with a load of Charisma, but I lack anything of the sort. I should ALSO mention I am Chaotic Neutral, but would be willing to change to Neutral Evil if needed.

blackjack217
2010-12-04, 11:26 PM
I tried to make it very similar to a warlock so a DM would be more likely to allow it. It looses umd and invis which are staples of a warlock and trades darkness themed abilities for light based ones. It also makes a brutal diplomancer (the +6 least invocation + horrible rules by raw = win).
Back on topic:
War blade from the Tome of Battle is a good choice for a melee class and with your physical abilities you should go martial anyway. I believe you get half your other class levels to your martial adept level. There are good homebrew disciplines here such as Heroes edge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169940)

aphoticConniver
2010-12-04, 11:48 PM
Warblade does look very nice for my role in the party, which is the tank, what with 99 HP (soon to be less, due to the elimination of Incarnum Fortified body and Soulsight) I tried searching for disciplines, but like most forums, the search button is a failure. I like to tank and ambush. For example, last game I not only took down several enemies in one turn each, I used my Soulsight to punch through a wall, grab a bandit, and snap his neck, and I am going to be serving as the wagon-puller.

blackjack217
2010-12-05, 12:04 AM
I can help: post six has all you need (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134088)

aphoticConniver
2010-12-05, 12:11 AM
For once, I am going to allow my forum ettiquite to be utterly shattered.

THAT IS A METRIC ****TON OF STUFF I CAN USE.

My thanks go to you, my friend. I shall tell you of my results after my next session.

Morph Bark
2010-12-05, 06:13 AM
Aw, now I'm sad that I didn't get around to fully making my incarnum-based ToB discipline at an earlier time. Ah well, good luck with finding disciplines that fit you! There are tons here, after all. :smallbiggrin:

aphoticConniver
2010-12-05, 11:46 AM
Bring it on! I was just reading, and I have decided on using the Kalidescopic Dream and Army of One disciplines.

MrTytronico
2010-12-05, 12:41 PM
Bah, be a Fighter.

Morph Bark
2010-12-05, 12:56 PM
Currently, discipline-wise, all I can offer is Pungeon Pendragon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156726), which is based off Truenaming somewhat.

Temotei
2010-12-05, 01:31 PM
Have fun (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9155389&postcount=2). :smallamused:

Note that the list hasn't been updated for a couple of months, so recent homebrew won't be on there. Make sure to check in on ErrantX's extended homebrew signature, because I know he's made at least one more discipline since August.

blackjack217
2010-12-05, 04:43 PM
Have fun (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9155389&postcount=2). :smallamused:

Note that the list hasn't been updated for a couple of months, so recent homebrew won't be on there. Make sure to check in on ErrantX's extended homebrew signature, because I know he's made at least one more discipline since August.

I think I just got upstaged. :smallfrown: Oh well. :smallwink:

aphoticConniver
2010-12-15, 01:09 PM
Well, I am in need of assistance once again! I am moving up two levels, and running a Shifter Scout 3, and I would like to up my skirmish damage or add some spell-like abilities. I am our main ranged fighter, Lawful Evil, stats as follows:
STR 16
DEX 20[22 when shifted]
CON 18
INT 12
WIS 17
CHA 10
I will be bumping up my WIS to 18. Any suggestions, homebrew or otherwise?

Mr Pants
2010-12-15, 01:37 PM
At Scout 3 you qualify for the feats that allow Ranger and Rogue to stack with Scout for skirmish damage, they're in Complete Scoundrel and called Swift Tracker and Ambusher respectively, iirc.

For Scouts there's always Improved Skirmish, Manyshot, and the numerous homebrew martial disciplines for ranged weapons.

Melayl
2010-12-15, 02:07 PM
Well, I am in need of assistance once again! I am moving up two levels, and running a Shifter Scout 3, and I would like to up my skirmish damage or add some spell-like abilities. I am our main ranged fighter, Lawful Evil, stats as follows:
STR 16
DEX 20[22 when shifted]
CON 18
INT 12
WIS 17
CHA 10
I will be bumping up my WIS to 18. Any suggestions, homebrew or otherwise?

You could try my Beast Warrior (in my sig). I think it would mesh well with a Shifter scout. Let me know how it works if you use it, please.

aphoticConniver
2010-12-15, 05:11 PM
You could try my Beast Warrior (in my sig). I think it would mesh well with a Shifter scout. Let me know how it works if you use it, please.

Seems good. I'll let you know how it turns out!