PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion counts: Koblins or Gobolds?

Wannabehero
2010-12-06, 04:55 PM
I'm toying around with a new adventure concept revolving around a hybridized race of Goblin/Kobolds. Of course, wizards are to blame.

The problem is, I just can't decide on what I want to name the new little buggers.

Gobolds -or- Koblins

I like both names for different reasons. Gobolds seems to roll off the tongue better, but koblins opens up the possibility of using the terminology 'Koblinoids'.

Which name do you like better?

Morph Bark
2010-12-06, 05:19 PM
Sounds to me like we're dealing with Koblonoids if you're also having kobolized versions of hobgoblins and bugbears.

MrTytronico
2010-12-06, 05:22 PM
I like Koblinoid.

Wolfer
2010-12-06, 05:23 PM
I would use Koblins. Gobolds, I think, rolls too easily off the tounge and is almost just like saying kobolds without much emphasis on the K. Koblins, in my opinion, is better.

Zeta Kai
2010-12-06, 08:04 PM
Koblins FTW!

arguskos
2010-12-06, 08:38 PM
Sounds to me like we're dealing with Koblonoids if you're also having kobolized versions of hobgoblins and bugbears.
Achievement Unlocked: Epic Victory!

Lateral
2010-12-06, 09:02 PM
Here's what I'd do. Make the name for the general type Koblinoids, then make Kobgoblins (like Kobold Hobgoblins), Gobolds (like Kobold Goblins), and Bugbolds (like Bugbear Kobolds). THat way, you get both, plus all types of goblinoids.
Plus, try saying 'Bugbolds'.

Now say it again.

'Bugbolds'.

It's HILARIOUS.

Edit: Aw, hell, now I need to homebrew a race of Bugbolds...
Even though it'll just be a modified bugbear...

Wannabehero
2010-12-06, 11:35 PM
Here's what I'd do... Koblinoids... Kobgoblins... Gobolds... Bugbolds...

Friggin' love it

Koblinoids it is then. Thanks everyone!

Draz74
2010-12-07, 02:30 AM
Another vote for "koblins." Don't lose that one, even if you end up making several races here.

("Bugbolds" does have a charm to it, though.)

Admiral Squish
2010-12-07, 02:56 AM
Is the O in 'koblins' a long O like in kobold or is it a short o like in goblin?

Zeta Kai
2010-12-08, 12:08 PM
Is the O in 'koblins' a long O like in kobold or is it a short o like in goblin?

It's more fair for it to be a long O, but it's more natural for it to be a short O. Take your pick.