PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy - A Lost Treasure (Commander's Group)

The Commander
2010-12-08, 08:55 PM
Link to the OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178836)

Then:
Each of you were plucked from your homeworlds, ships you called home, or somewhere in between, a while ago now. However it had happened, you had ended up in the service of the Inquisition, under an Inquisitor Haelstrom of the Ordo Hereticus. For some of you, this was a blessing. For others it was perhaps a curse that burdens you to this day. Either way, there is no escaping your fate now.

You have come to know the others who share your fate also. In total, there are six of you, plus Haelstrom. You have come to know Haelstrom as an unforgiving man of astounding presense. You joke he could stare and shout down the legendary Adeptus Astartes with those glowing red augmetic eyes and that deep boomy voice of his. Despite some of you actually seeing Haelstrom in action somewhere at somepoint, he is actually confined to paperwork for most of his time. Despite his stature, he often jokes that Heresy generates more paperwork from a single incident than an entire hive does in a tithe year. The amount of times you have caught him sitting at a desk, quill or dataslate in hand, you begin to wonder if he is actually telling the truth.

You traverse the Calixis Sector onboard a hired Rogue Trader vessel by the name Divine Prudence. Those amongst you with void or criminal knowledge guess that Divine Prudence became the ship's name as soon as Haelstrom offered a contract of passage; the Captain of the ship, one Stimworth Grubble, not wanting to give away any indication of the vessel's past to it's new passengers. You've gotten to know the staff onboard somewhat well, although there is a clear feeling of seperation between you and them. This is not surprising, Rogue Trader vessels tend to hire some less than reputable characters and yet here they were, possibly sleeping in the cabin next to a member of the Inquisition! In total, there are just over 100 men, women and tech-priests aboard that run the vessel. Under the Inquisition's pay, Captain Grubble ferries the Inquisitor and your team to wherever is needed or, more usually, simply to ports of call on his regular trade route where both he and the Inquisitor can pick up information of Heresy from established contacts or from simple rumours and hearsay.

This is the life you have known for some time.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the Calixis Sector's unexplored fringes:

"I don't like this Magos Explorator... This place... It doesn't feel natural..." A young man's voice said in the darkness.

"That's because it isn't, young adept. It is a construction made by hands we have come here to determine. I thought you had been on expeditions like this before?" The tinny and slightly static voice of a tech-priest versed back.

"I have sir, and I know this place was built by something or someone but even so... It just doesn't feel... Natural..." Replied the adept.

The tech-priest turned and shone his shoulder mounted lamp pack towards the adept and the party following closely behind him so quickly it made the adept jump and nearly drop the auto-quill he was carrying. The adept cursed as he scrambled to keep the precious auto-quill from hitting the stone floor. Someone chuckled far behind him.

"Mr. Sillah! If you would rather leave this place now and spare us your nervous ramblings, please, by all means, do so! However, I intend to continue onwards to see what mysterys await us!" A few figures behind the adept mumbled in agreement.

The adept, faced with either a long journey back through a dark series of chambers, alone, or continuing on a long journey through a dark series of chambers with armed guards and an apparently fearless Magos Explorator that was paying him to do so, chose the latter. "I will follow, sir." He said weakly.

"Good." Replied the Magos. "We'll take a break when..." The Magos paused just as he was turning to continue walking on down yet another dark chamber. "Where's Jenkins?" He turned back, straining on tip-toes to try and see over the heads of the figures behind the adept. The figures began to search frantically around them and call out for their missing companion. Those with lamp packs began to shine them into the darkness around the party in search of the missing Jenkins.

"JENKINS?! ... JENKINS, SOUND OFF! Sergeant Round, anything coming up on the Auspex?" The Magos asked one of the figures.

The figure holstered it's Lascarbine and withdrew an Auspex. It consulted it briefly. "Nothing sir, I'm only reading us." It replied.

"JENKINS! Damn it, where could he have..."

"SIR! SIR! SOMETHING'S HERE SIR!" One of the figures carrying a lamp pack cried in alarm. Half of the figures in the party instinctively drew their weapons.

"Quiet down man! Sergeant?" Asked the Magos.

The sergeant checked the Auspex again. "Nothing sir."

"Get a grip people, Jenkins most likely wandered off and has only himself to blame. Expedition guidelines clearly state that we continue in the event that..."

"THERE IT IS AGAIN SIR! OVER THERE!" Cried the same figure as before.

"For Thrones sake... there's nothing..."

"I saw something too, sir." Said another figure. "Not quite sure what I saw exactly, but something flitted by just out of view of my lamp light."

"Auspex is still picking up nothing. It's possible all you're seeing is dust formations caused by our frantic search for Jenkins." Explained the sergeant.

"Bah! Of all the expeditions teams I've been assigned, I get the team with the spineless adept and the mercs who get jumpy at the sight of dust! I'm going to have some serious discussions with the Administratum when I get back to Scintilla about who makes up a good Archeotech expedition and who doesn't! Speaking of spineless adept, you've been rather quiet the past five minutes Mr. Sillah. I hope you can keep us this performance for the rest of the expedition.... Mr. Sillah? ... Mr Sillah?" The reason for the adept's silence suddenly became horrifyingly known. He was no longer present with the party. "MR. SILLAH?!" The Magos cried, a hint of fear in his otherwise composed voice. As he panned his shoulder mounted lamp pack around the dark hall his foot clipped something on the floor. Shining the light downwards, the bloody remains of the young adept's auto-quill lay quietly on the floor. The rest of the party saw it too and closed to form a tight circle formation around the Magos, setting their lamp packs down on the ground in front of them and readying their weapons. "S...S...Sergeant?" The Magos whimpered. For the first time since the expedition started, the Magos was showing actual fear.

"Auspex is still bringing back nothing, sir. There's nothing..." The sergeant began.

"ARGH! AHHHH!" Cried one figure as something rushed in and grabbed him; shattering his lamp pack in the process. All hell then broke loose. Every figure, save for the Magos himself, fired into the darkness. Las beams and muzzle flashes briefly lit up the hall they were in and sent horrifying shadows of men being ripped apart and strange figures attacking them sprawling up the walls.

The Magos began to fold and crouched low on the ground, whimpering. Very quickly, the roar of gunfire was reduced to a few desperate shots and then to silence. The Magos looked up and, not wanting to simply sit around and wait for whatever it was that was killing his team to kill him, ran off towards one end of the chamber, picking up the sergeant's dropped Auspex as he went.

He ran for what felt like an eternity and eventually he had to stop to catch his breath. He shone his lamp pack around frantically, breathing hard. He withdrew his Laspistol and cursed as he realised he had ran further into what one of his men had called a 'temple'. Not a temple, he thought to himself. A tomb. His tomb, to be exact.

Looking around, he realised he had entered what looked like the main chamber of the entire construction. It was vast and the Magos' lamp pack barely lit the ceiling and the walls to the side of him. On these walls were carved mysterious runes and images and, despite the obvious danger he was in, the Magos felt compelled to stop and studying them more closely. He gaped in awe at what he read and saw and stepped back. The Auspex then suddenly beeped into life quietly. The Magos froze and turned slowly, keeping a tight grip on his Laspistol. Just as he turned past 30 degrees, he spun quickly and brought his Laspistol up. He dropped it a second later and screamed at what he saw.

Not a temple. It's a tomb. My tomb. Were the last few thoughts to go through Magos Explorator Endie Jones' head before his life came to an abrupt and horrific end.

Now:
Some of you are lounging in your quarters. Others are taking food in the mess. Others are still trying to find their void feet, as the void slang goes. Wherever you are, a call goes out over the Divine Prudence's internal vox system for your team to assemble and meet in the Officer's Briefing Room.

Upon arrival, you find Captain Grubble and Inquisitor Haelstrom waiting for you. Once you are all inside, the Captain screens the room from vox transmissions and psychic telepathy; a common practise when the Inquisitor calls a meeting of importance or when shady deals are exchanged in times of less nobles pursuits by the Captain. Of course, the shady deals stopped when you and Haelstrom came onboard, but everyone knew. The Inquisitor invites you to sit around the briefing table and hands out a dataslate.

"Cyntalla Secundus". He begins. "Up until recently it has been unexplored. A Rogue Trader vessel by the name of The Noble Prince was recently sponsored by the Adeptus Administratum in the Calixis Sector to begin cartographing the world and compiling an inventory of it's fauna and flora. It arrived in orbit 3 weeks ago. Amongst those sent to explore the surface were a Magos Explorator Endie Jones and his team. The Noble Prince began transmitting a distress frequency to any Administratum vessels and/or Inquisitorial vessels in the area about 3 days ago. We have learnt that we are the closest ship on hand and so have diverted course to assist.

The details of the distress are this: Magos Explorator Endie Jones and his team are missing and the search party sent to find them has also gone missing. Reports from both parties tell of a strange structure located in the thick jungle that covers Cyntalla Secundus. According to the Magos' last few reports before he went missing, the structure appeared to pre-date Imperial records, although still retained a level of human design. He believed he had stumbled upon some kind of Archeotech site and proceeded with haste to explore the structure. This is when contact was lost. The search party sent to find them also disappeared off the vox net around this location. What is perhaps most interesting about this structure, Acolytes, is that it is faintly Psi-Active.

We do not know the reason why it is faintly Psi-Active, however, as agents of the Inquisiton, you are the best people to find out why, what happened to Magos Explorator, his team and the search team sent to find them and, if there is indeed some kind of Archeotech devices within the structure, extract any Archeotech devices.

We will be entering the planet's orbit in 4 hours, where we will rendezvous with The Noble Prince. Once we have established an orbit, you will be sent down to the surface via Gun Cutter to Jones' base camp. Unfortunately we do not know the location of the structure; the thick jungle makes it impossible to see from orbit and maps were not drawn up due to Jones' haste to explore the structure. The Gun Cutter will remain at the base camp unless you order the pilot otherwise. I am supplying you with a Vox Caster for this mission."

He picks up a Vox Caster from underneath the table and sets it down in front of you.

"Brief reports of the planet's ecology suggest some forms of toxic plant life, which may extend to certain water sources. Recommended you check whatever you are eating or drinking. Some hostile wildlife, ranging from large carnivorous beasts to small, poisonous insects, arachnids and reptiles. Reports also detail a hot, humid climate, typical of most jungles and the possibility of a monsoon season coming around.

As for the Magos, his team and the search team, their physical details and backgrounds have been included on the dataslate, along with the information I just told you and a summarised list of your objectives in this mission. So, any questions, Acolytes?" The Inquisitor leaves the floor open to questions.

Summary of Objectives:
-If possible, find the Magos Explorator Endie Jones and his team or find out what happened to them.
-If possible, find the search party sent to locate the Magos and his team or find out what happened to them.
-Search the structure the Magos found for Archeotech

Incomp
2010-12-08, 10:25 PM
Weasel gulps. He mutters to himself, the word "Outside..." just barely making itself heard. Half-whispering, he says "At least it'll be warm." He straightens up and looks Haelstrom eye to baleful eye, and asks, "Pardon my insolence, Lord, but what aren't you telling us? You are an inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus. Our duties are to root out the cultist, the heretic, and the witch. So what heresy has been sniffed out on Cyntalla Secondus?"

Vespe Ratavo
2010-12-08, 10:43 PM
Does it matter? Lyra looks up from the dataslate, placing her hand on her fellow rodent's shoulder, grinning. They're in trouble, we're the best ones to get them out of it. That place is psychic, so whatever made them go missing is probably heretical. Plus, maybe we'll find new toys for the Imperium.

She turns to the Inquisitor, her face turning sterner, but obviously still excited, like a child with a toy lasgun. Er, sorry to interrupt. Rules of engagement, Sir? She asks, still in a mostly military mindset. That is, you know, if we meet any hostiles. She seems unusually intrigued at the thought.

The Commander
2010-12-08, 11:18 PM
"A team of expert explorers and a search party dedicated to finding said team of expert explorers goes missing in a faintly Psi-Active structure that may contain some traces of Archeotech... The possibility for Heresy is high, don't you think?" Haelstrom replies sternly. "I will admit, such a mission would be better suited to a legion of the Adeptus Mechanicus, but we are all that is on hand right now and we have the credentials to extract any Archeotech that may be present." He replies to Weasel.

"Reports do not detail any type of sentient lifeform on the planet, although if such life presents itself, you are to determine whether or not it can be swayed or coerced to the light of the Emperor; at least for the time being. If not, you have my permission to do whatever is necessary to complete your mission. As for the wildlife, don't waste ammunition; kill when you have to. Use your judgement Acolyte; just keep the mission in mind." Haelstrom replies to Lyra.

Incomp
2010-12-09, 07:42 AM
Somewhat taken aback by Haelstrom's rebuke, Weasel flinches slightly. "Yes, Lord. Of course."

LCP
2010-12-09, 07:43 AM
Constance took the data-slate in silence, glancing sideways at her two talkative companions. She had not been billeted with them for long, but you didn't need long to get a read on people like that. One Hive hab was much like any other - like a beached starship, with too much gravity and too little discipline.

Consulting the briefing, she looked up at the vox-caster, and then at the Inquisitor. Handing it back, she nodded.

"This world has no inhabited history then, Lord Inquisitor?" she asked. "This... structure, it doesn't feature on any records?"

Wargor
2010-12-09, 08:30 AM
Zael stands there, slightly uncomfortable with being surrounded by the others. He takes the data slate and glances at it before frowning. "My Lord, is there no indication of why there was such a sudden interest in this planet? And how did they know the structure was there if it is undetectable from orbit?" His voice is deep and slightly hoarse, hardly above a whisper.

GodGoblin
2010-12-09, 09:16 AM
"Archeotech? A missing Magos? Boys and girls we have just stumbled onto every Skitarii recruits dream" Tallick says as he sits up in the chair, running both hands over his bald head, his voice like gravel.

The Commander
2010-12-09, 01:07 PM
Haelstrom answers thusly:

"The planet is believed to have been unexplored up until this point. Chances are it was once documented, but all records have thusly been lost to time. Indeed, the structure was found purely by chance. In fact, it may not be the only one. There is no way to tell with such a think jungle obscuring an aerial view.

There was no special interest involved in the exploration of this planet; merely that is was an unexplored planet that could support life. The Administratum sponsored Magos Explorator Endie Jones and his team to document the planet. Once the planet had been documented, colonisation could be given approval. According to Explorator Jones' reports, he and his team stumbled across it a week and a half into their expedition. Unfortunately the Magos seemed so eager to explore the structure that he did not relay proper co-ordinates back to The Noble Prince. The search party sent to find them managed to relay a general direction before the Vox cut out."

Haelstrom smiles a little at Tallick's enthusiasm and awaits any further questions.

LCP
2010-12-09, 05:51 PM
"Understood," said Aedes, quietly. She had no more questions: the data the Lord Inquisitor possessed was clearly limited. Every moment they spent here was time not spent gathering information on the ground.

Incomp
2010-12-09, 07:01 PM
Weasel sighed. Evidently he was not looking forward to the mission. "We may as well be done with this as soon as possible. I don't suppose there's any chance of my remaining on the ship," Weasel asks, with a sad smile, only half-joking.

Wargor
2010-12-10, 04:30 AM
"We best move whilst we still have some kind of trail to follow. Leaving it too long will only make things harder on us. When do we arrive my lord?" Zael straightens from his habitual slumped posture, looking his master in the eye.

The Commander
2010-12-10, 06:47 PM
Haelstrom's red augmetic eyes narrow on Weasel. "I did not employ you to sit in orbit and do nothing whilst the rest of your team handles all the work. You will accompany your team and offer what help you can, in the glory of the Immortal Emperor and his most holy Inquisition."

Captain Grubble answers Zael's question:

"My Navigator tells me we will reach Cyntalla Secondus in approximately 2 hours, 34 minutes. Once there, we will establish contact with The Noble Prince and enter orbit."

Haelstrom, believing that there are no more questions from his Acolytes, rises from his seat. "If there are no more questions, collect your gear and assemble in Hangar Beta in 2 and a half hours. Dismissed."

(Assuming there are no more questions)...

The Mission Begins:
Roughly 2 and a half hours later, you are all assembled in Hangar Beta where a Gun Cutter sits in dock, having been ready an hour ago. Haelstrom and Captain Grubble stride in to join you. Captain Grubble speaks first.

"We have reached Cyntalla Secondus and established an orbit. Inquisitor Haelstrom and I have been in contact with The Noble Prince and no new developments have occurred since initial contact was made."

Inquisitor Haelstrom then takes over. "Your mission remains the same. Find the Magos and his team, or what happened to them. Find the search team sent to find them, or what happened to them. And finally and perhaps most importantly, investigate this mysterious structure. I have already had Captain Grubble's Astropath relay a request for a Mechanicus Legion, but they will take some time to get here. This Gun Cutter will take you down to the planet's surface; to the Magos' Base Camp. It will remain there unless you order the pilot otherwise. The search party reported that the structure lay in a North-East direction from the Base Camp, although that is all the directional information they could provide. Good luck Acolytes, the Emperor protects."

The hatch to the Gun Cutter opens just as Haelstrom finishes and the human pilot beckons you aboard. You take a seat on the Gun Cutter and watch the entry ramp close with a hiss. A moment later you feel the mechanical bird lift off from the deck plating and turn towards the end of the hangar and the void beyond it. With a whoosh of engine fire, the Gun Cutter speeds out of the hangar and towards the green planet below. Those not accustomed to void travel feel extremely nauseous. Soon you feel the immense pressure changes of re-entry and eventually that too drops away to normal gravity again.

"Coming up on Magos Jones' Base Camp." Calls the pilot. "Gunner, see if you can thin the trees a little." The gunner manning the Gun Cutter's weapons acknowledges and fires a short series of bursts from a mounted Multi-Laser on the underside of the vehicle. "Landing zone cleared, putting her down." The pilot gently eases the Gun Cutter to the ground and kills the engines. "Anything on Auspex?" He asks. A man on the Vox and navigation charts presses a few buttons and replies: "Nothing within short range, most detections moving away from landing zone. Most likely the wildlife running in fear of us." The pilot acknowledges and drops the hatch to the Gun Cutter before turning to you as you unhook yourself from your restraints. "Give us a shout if you need something. If you want picking up, you'll need to find somewhere where I can put this thing down, or else we'll have to thin the trees to land safely." The gunner grins at this. "No problem at all."

As you step off from the craft the climate hits you like a Mag-Train. Beads of sweat begin forming on your brows and your skin feels like it is being gently cooked. A short distance from you is a series of large and small cloth tents and a single metallic dome-shaped pod. Various pieces of equipment lay arranged around the tents. Dotted around the edge of the camp are a number of strange looking devices that quietly hum and flash. Closer to you and the Gun Cutter are a number of scorched black tree trunks; those trees having been felled by the craft's Multi-Laser. Surrounding the camp is a thick jungle and strange insects and small birds occasionally flit between trees. Strange noises of what you guess is the jungle's wildlife echo around you. The Gun Cutter's entry hatch closes a moment later with a hiss and the only life you can distinguish from it after the hatch closes is the the slow swivelling of the mounted Multi-Laser underneath it. It deliberately keeps it's aim off of you.

(And away you go!)

LCP
2010-12-10, 07:50 PM
Stepping down onto the jungle loam, Constance looked around at the still, silent camp laid out before them. A few seconds in this atmosphere, and already she was sweating. Maybe she should take off the coat. Or the scarf. But that would be against regulations.

Pulling her gloves a little tighter, she set her sights on the strange pod-like structure. Large, technological, semi-permanent. Whatever the Magos had been up to, the evidence would be in there. The tents might hold clues, but they were accommodation - secondary priority. Without a single look back at her companions, she set off in the direction of the pod, calling back instructions as she went.

"One of you secure the vox-caster. Linus, see if you can figure out what these machines are for," she said, pointing to the strange devices that stood in the open. "The rest of you, search the tents. You find something interesting, leave it where it is." Still walking, she pointed one hand back in the direction of the ganger woman. "Don't touch anything."

OOC: It seems that somehow in character creation I neglected to pick up Search. I'll have to rectify that as soon as possible: in the meantime, here's a Search check anyway, since it's a Basic skill: [roll0]

Constance is going to be systematically searching the pod, and then the rest of the camp, starting with the tents. The flashing technological doodads I figure are more the Skitarii's thing.

The Commander
2010-12-10, 10:26 PM
(Rolling a couple of things... [roll0] - This was a secret Security Check for Constance, see below... [roll1].)

As you approach the pod you notice it has a heavy duty door with a keypad attached to it. Attempts to open the door with a half-hearted shove or pull yield nothing. No doubt this was built to be secure.

(-10 Security Test to attempt to bypass the keypad security)

Searching the tents yields little also. Mostly personal effects: pictures from home, some lho-sticks, some clothes, a pack of cards featuring increasing less clothed women... There are also a few lamp packs sitting on tables, although these have run out of power. The only useful thing you manage to find is a half-depleted Lasgun Charge Pack. (10 Shots worth remaining).

Outside is even less rewarding. The equipment around the camp includes a large water purifier, which is half-full at the moment, some heavy duty Vox equipment and a few crates half full of dehydrated foods.

For a moment, Constance doesn't recognise the strange devices dotted around the camp. Then, as she gets closer, she realises that they are modified Screamers, most likely as part of a Camp Warders (P. 152 IH) ring around the camp. Constance had heard mention of them as a deterrent for dangerous beasts on Feral worlds such as this one. These Screamers, when they detect the presense of a beast, send a signal to scorpion-like defence machines buried in the ground near them that then harrass any approaching beast away from the camp. Since the machines were only normally set to detect beast patterns, Constance believed they were safe to leave and return from the camp without risking the hassle of the scorpion-like defences.

Vespe Ratavo
2010-12-10, 11:19 PM
Lyra hops rather unceremoniously from the ship, landing on the forest peat with a huff. A whole new world, she thinks to herself. The ship had been a lot like the hive, really, only smaller, with fewer people and fewer windows, due to unprotected viewing of the Warp shattering your mind, or something like that. But for one who had never been more than a couple miles above her home, the notion of being on a new planet was...kind of humid. She grips her flak vest with both hands, shifting it, trying to improve the air flow a little.

She follows Constance, idly wondering why she insisted on wearing her scarf and coat in this weather, before turning her eyes towards the tents, wondering what might be - she blinks, train of thought abruptly cut off by the arbite's accusatory finger, pointed directly at her. Impressive, she thinks, didn't even have to look at me.

"C'mon, what do you take me for?" She asks futilely to the arbite's back as she walks away. Lyra sighs. No point in antagonizing the new crew, might as well take a stab at the Vox. She pulls it from her pack. True, she had never really used one before, technically, but she had a rough idea of how one worked. She sets it on a nearby bit of firm ground, fiddling with the antenna as she holds the microphone to her mouth. "Testing, testing, one, two, three."

OOC:Tech-Use:[roll0] against 24/25. Int is 29, divided by 2 for a basic skill is 14.5, plus 10 is 24.5. Don't know if you round it up or down.

Incomp
2010-12-10, 11:37 PM
Weasel screws his eyes shut and holds his breath as he hops off the cutter. Only as he hits the ground does he open his eyes and let air out, a long, slow sigh. As the others go about their business, Weasel idly kicks a rock. "Stupid Inquisitor. Stupid bossy arbs. Stupid jungles. Why did it have to be outside, of all places?" He looks up, at that wide, evil sky, just waiting for a chance to kill him somehow. "We should find the ruin as soon as we can. I can't stand being out here," Weasel says, suppressing a shudder.

Wargor
2010-12-11, 06:52 AM
Zael's jumps down from the hatch, boots hitting the ground hard. He squints his eyes hard as he looks around, the bright sunlight a shock after spending so long in the void. He trails behind the others, sweating in the heat but unwilling to remove the coats protection. In an attempt to cool down he rolls the sleeves up to his elbows, but it hardly makes a difference. Striding behind Constance he follows her round on his search, his eyes flicking over each discovery in turn. "We need to get into that dome. It likely holds something useful."

The Commander
2010-12-11, 08:33 AM
Lyra's memory serves her well for the time being and her query is responded by: "Gun Cutter here, you're coming through just fine. Over."

A moment later: "This is Divine Prudence. We read you loud and clear. Over."

GodGoblin
2010-12-11, 03:11 PM
As Tallick steps onto the ground beads of sweat already start to form on head as its the only part of him not covered in the red armour. Helmet in hand he strolls further into the encampment before unhooking the long-las and setting the headgear down on a crate before scanning the surrounding forest through the scope for anything of interest.

The Commander
2010-12-13, 07:39 PM
Constance sets to work on the keypad on the door of the metallic dome. She fiddles it open and begins to reroute wires, pull out connections and generally jab and poke at things. She is about to reconnect power when she realises a mistake that would of locked her out. She quickly reroutes a wire and, with a quick flick of her hand, feeds the live wire onto a small coil to power the keypad and closes it's casing. The keypad flashes green in acceptance and, with a click and a hiss, unlocks the door.

LCP
2010-12-13, 07:45 PM
Scanning her surroundings with her customary alertness, Constance stepped over the threshold, looking to see what she could find.

OOC: Will light up lamp-pack if necessary. Search roll: [roll0]

Incomp
2010-12-13, 11:10 PM
Eager to be near the action, Weasel sidles up to the dome. "Whatcha got there?" he asks, peering inside.

The Commander
2010-12-14, 01:06 AM
(Just to let you know, you can all make Search rolls, as opposed to just Constance, to find things)

As soon as Constance enters the metallic dome she is greeted by cool air, cycled in through a ventilation system.

It becomes obvious quite quickly that this was Magos Jones' and another's accommodation and place of study. Two cots lay on either side of the dome with a locker and a desk next to each. On one side, several pictures and samples of flora and fauna are neatly displayed on a board, along with several attached notes. There is also a drawn map of the nearby area, with the camp in the center, and details of planned routes to take throughout the jungle. An area of 20 miles around the camp has been mapped with details such as pools and nesting grounds of the wildlife mentioned on it. Nearby, on the desk on the same side, is a stack of dataslates, which seem to go into more detail about the planet's wild and plant life. There is also a loaded Las-Pistol. Inside the locker on the same side is a set of elegant red robes with the symbol of the Adeptus Mechanicus on them; along with some undershirts, some fancy fatigues and some tough, but worn looking boots. This is no doubt the Magos' side.

On the other side, an Auto-Quill sits on the desk, along with a couple of writing kits. The contents of the locker is almost the same as the Magos' except all the clothes are more tatty and the symbol on the robes is that of the Adeptus Administratum, rather than the Mechanicus.

Towards the end of the room is some high-tech equipment, although you deduce that something is a small generator, something else is a Las-Charge Shelf, something else is a built-in Vox Caster and something else is a water purifier. The water purifier is currently near empty. There is a desk and a chair here. On the desk is a Pict Recorder Device. Next to the desk is a slightly chilled container containing some food.

Apart from this, you see little else.

Incomp
2010-12-14, 07:54 AM
Weasel moves to the map first, hoping to find the location of the ruin on it.

Wargor
2010-12-14, 08:07 AM
Zael steps into the dome after Constance and glances around. "Well, some of this might be useful." He goes to inspect what was found, especially the water purifier. "I have the feeling we might be needing this. Weasel, any sign of our target on the map?"

The Commander
2010-12-16, 05:39 PM
(Answering the investigative list LCP provided OOC)

The map doesn't have anything out of the ordinary marked on it. Merely pools, rivers, particular animal nesting grounds, etc.

The dataslates, of which there are many, simply go into greater detail about the flora and fauna of this planet. Most of the details you can barely understand through a wash of biological and ecological notes. (Unless any of you have Scholastic Lore Beasts or Chymistry?) You do pick up small pieces of useful information on the behaviour of certain animals, their habits and what techniques the Magos and his team have used to discourage them from attacking. These techniques range from shouting at some animals to simply shooting at others.

The Laspistol, upon inspection, has a full charge in it's clip. (I'd say, to determine whether or not it's been fired or not, you'd need to make an Evaluate Test.)

Most of the Magos' clothes are in pretty good condition; the bottoms of some robes and some of his boots are muddy and all of them have the same kind of pattern cut out of them towards the spine and shoulders to incorperate the Magos' Cybernetics. You guess the mud is from this world, but there is no way to tell without precision tools. (No roll needed here, this is your first time on this world and I'm not convinced you've been on many muddy worlds, so you'd be unable to tell by eye alone) The clothes unfortunately don't give away any more information; it is likely that anything of importance the Magos would have carried himself.

(I'd say another Evaluate Test would be needed to determine if the food in the refridgerator unit is still edible. Nothing's decomposing or growing fungus though)

The Pict-Recorder has several entries on it from the Magos that you play back sequentially. They appear to be personal pict-logs of the Magos' exploration progress, with the first log having been made to declare that the camp had been set up and an area of exploration defined for the following day. Each log after that sees the Magos give a brief summary of the days events, including the morale of the expedition team, any location, animal or plant worthy of particular note and an area of exploration for the next day. There is just under a dozen logs just like these and none are particularly noteworthy or contain anything you did not already know from the dataslates. The only really useful piece of information you extract from the recordings is the area of exploration defined in the last log entry. Despite the area described covering many square kilometres, this does narrow done your search considerably.

Meanwhile, outside the metallic dome, Tallick scans the tree line through his scope. He sees nothing in the immediate area, however he sees strange insects and winged creatures flit and swoop between trees in the distance, through the gaps of the trees closest to him.

LCP
2010-12-16, 07:30 PM
Deactivating the pict-recorder to place it in her coat pocket, Constance crouched in front of the refrigeration, removing the items of food and smelling them to try and gauge how long they had been lingering there.

(Evaluate: [roll0])

"Secure that map," she said, straightening up with an imperative gesture - she did not like to address 'Weasel' by his nickname, which was abominably informal for a man in the service of the Inquisition, but the man refused to supply any other name to call him by. "We may be needing it."

Stepping over to the dataslates, she skimmed back through the pile, deftly pocketing anything that dealt with local macro-predators. She was damned if she was going to show it, but the idea of heading into the jungle disconcerted her, and forewarned was forearmed.

"Well, at least we know where we're going," she said. "It looks like the Magos and his team had time to leave here in an orderly fashion... whatever happened to them in the ruins, they weren't going in unprepared."

"Something doesn't add up here. The Magos... he'd be an enthusiastic, intelligent man. He finds this archaeotech ruin, the discovery of a lifetime... and all that he leaves behind are a stack of field notes on the wildlife?" She shook her head. "There ought to be something... an incoherent logbook entry, pict-files, something to tell the galaxy what he'd found." She paused. "Academic competition, maybe? Keeping secrets from a rival. Or perhaps he just took his records with him. Unlikely, in this heat."

She stepped back.

"Whatever happened to him, we aren't going to find our answer here. I think it's time we headed for the ruin itself."

OOC: And from your post, Evaluate on the Laspistol - [roll1].
For future reference, I have no objection to your making such rolls for me to speed up play.

Incomp
2010-12-16, 08:16 PM
"Map secured," Weasel reports with enthusiasm, scarcely veiling the vitriolic sarcasm in his voice. He stuffs the map unceremoniously in his pocket. "I have a name, you know," he mutters.

He watches Constance go about her business, until he feels like he has something to add to the discussion. "Eh, I bet he just ran in the ruin as soon as he found it and proceeded to die and bleed all over his precious archaeotech, when he got killed by whatever's in there." He pauses for a moment. "You don't think he's still alive, do you?"

The Commander
2010-12-21, 04:15 PM
Being aboard a heavy cruiser, especially in an Arbitrator capacity, Constance was taught how to spot edible food as soon as she could understand words. Since long hauls often meant some food spoiled without or sometimes even with refridgeration, most, if not all crewmen, certainly aboard Constance's ship, were told and shown tell-tale signs of food that was no longer safe to eat. This knowledge had stayed with Constance all her life and, even though no longer on an Imperial vessel, served her well once again. The food in the refridgeration unit before her looked edible indeed and by Constance's estimates there was enough food to give everyone in the group a decent meal.

The Lap-Pistol, upon inspection, has never been fired. It also appears to be of common quality and shows no personal flavour in it's design.

(Very well, I'll roll in future to speed up gameplay)

Wargor
2010-12-23, 06:49 AM
"Even if he's dead we still have to find the remains. At least we've narrowed our search are somewhat." Zael mutters, his voice barely above a whisper. He scans the hab-dome slowly, his eyes thoughtful. "So what's our next move? We can't just stay around the camp."

Wargor
2010-12-23, 06:50 AM
"Even if he's dead we still have to find the remains. At least we've narrowed our search are somewhat." Zael mutters, his voice barely above a whisper. He scans the hab-dome slowly, his eyes thoughtful. "So what's our next move? We can't just stay around the camp."

GodGoblin
2010-12-24, 03:53 AM
"Surrounding area seems clear" Tallick says as he approaches the others in the dome "We need to find the entrance to this ruin, from the look of the food and the other kit here they havent been gone long so the sooner we haul ass the better."

UncleWolf
2011-01-04, 06:40 PM
Jezebel's steps are heavy when she walks off the lander, her armored boots making loud thuds as she walks. Her autogun is strapped to her back, and her beloved Serpent's Tooth being carried on her shoulder. With one hand she sheathes a bloody knife, having just finished her daily ritual before smirking at the others. "Then I guess we had better hurry, hadn't we?" She says in a clear and cool voice with the accent of a hive Noble. A red scarf is wrapped around her neck above the armor, showing her Redemptionist upbringing.

(Since I'm a bit late, I hope it's alright if I say that she used the time on the ship to use the Flagellent trait so it's not too awkward. I've already marked the wound on my copy of the sheet. Does that sound good?)

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-04, 07:19 PM
"Uh, roger, Cutter, Prudence. Will keep you updated as long as this thing is working." Lyra glances up, seeing the Redemptionist arrive, suppressing a shudder. Faith was all well and good, but...that knife made her shiver every time.

Not to mention, now there were two people wearing scarves in the middle of a rainforest. Ah well, to each her own.

That being said, self-mutilation aside, Jezebel seemed like a thoroughly alright type, and Lyra couldn't help but a vague kinship due to her purple skin, unrelated as it was. She sets the vox unit down, rising to her feet and over to Jezebel. "Hey, Jezebel...Jezzy..." She rolls her tongue, testing the nickname. "Don't mind me asking, but...you wouldn't happen to have any spare stimm, would you? Just in case?"

LCP
2011-01-04, 08:01 PM
"Consumption of stimulants on duty clouds judgement," said Constance. Having stepped out of the steel pod, the Arbitrator was standing directly behind them, adjusting her gloves.

Redemptionist. Behavioural statistics were all she needed to know about this one. 57% likelihood to be associated with criminal violence. 63% to be associated with arson. How such a rogue element had caught the Inquisitor's eye was beyond her - but then, the others around her were a testament to the apparent broadness of the recruiting pool for Acolytes.

"I believe we are headed for the dig site," she said, brusquely. "Are you ready?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-04, 10:16 PM
Jezebel reaches down to a pouch on her thigh and draws out a vial. "You have your own injector, right?" The cleric asks. She gives the Arbitrator a smirk. "For people like you maybe, but us gangers have to take a bit of the edge off sometimes." She says, giving Lyra a wink, trying to annoy Constantine. "But yes, I'm ready."

(edit for color)

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-04, 10:26 PM
Lyra grins a little as Jezebel mentions "gangers," her stance relaxing a little as she reaches for her pocket. "Of course I do, it's right..." She blinks, fingers fumbling, stretching out the fabric for a moment. She sighs. "...back on Neova VII with everything else the Guard recruiters confiscated. Thanks, though. Maybe I can 'requisition' one later..."

She turns back to Constance. "They also result in a 27.6% in combat effectiveness and general mood for the duration of the effect," she rattles off, idly wondering if those figures are anywhere near true. "Ready."

GodGoblin
2011-01-05, 05:19 AM
"The Magos is on danger or worse, we are sitting around chopping ourselves up. So yes im ready" The Skitarii Stands there in front of the others holding his long-las and doing some final checks obviously eager to get going

Wargor
2011-01-05, 08:21 AM
Zael sighs, his expression one of melancholy. "At least we've narrowed down our search area, I spose we best just wander around till we trip over it." He breaks into a wry smile, chuckling slightly.

Incomp
2011-01-05, 12:18 PM
Weasel sighs longingly as drugs are mentioned. He was used to selling the stuff, but only now and then would he shoot the buyer in the back and snort his stuff. A rare luxury, to be sure.

After all, one had a reputation to uphold.

"I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready," Weasel exclaims, hoping dearly it would at least annoy the ever-snooty Constace.

The Commander
2011-01-05, 08:38 PM
(If anyone wishes to do anything or take anything from the camp, say so in your next post, otherwise you'll be assumed to have already begun your journey. The area covered by the map is several dozen kilometres, so you guess the ruins aren't that much further foward)

You set off from the camp in the direction of the ruins. Constance leads the group, with Lyra following close behind. Weasel is just a short few steps behind them, with Zael slightly further behind him and Jezebel, then Tallick, at the rear. Within moments, the sight of the camp is lost to you; even to Tallick through his scope as trees block his view from anything greater than a few hundred metres.

Despite the shade given by the great trees on all sides of you, it is still almost unbearably humid and even a casual march causes sweat to roll down your brows and cheeks and off your chins. The ground crunches underfoot and strange noises and calls, you guess of the local fauna, echo throughout the jungle. Small insects flit in front of you to regard you from time to time before flitting off again. Now and then you swat a small fly-like creature against your skin. Occasionally you spot a larger beast walking around, however, for now, they are merely identified as herbivores and non-hostile unless provoked. You continue in the general direction of the ruin for roughly an hour.

Everyone make an Awareness Test.

The Commander
2011-01-07, 01:05 PM
(Based on rolls from OOC)

Continuing on your trek through the dense jungle, Constance is suddenly overcome by the feeling of being watched. Perhaps it is a feeling she is used to getting aboard a dark and crowded Imperial Vessel. Looking around her, she doesn't see the cause of this feeling, but the feeling grows ever stronger.

The rest of the party seem blissfully unaware of anything wrong with the surrounding area and most are too busy taking in the sights of a new world.

LCP
2011-01-07, 08:20 PM
Raising a hand to the others behind her, Constance stopped dead - her other hand crept towards her holstered pistol.

Turning from left to right, she scanned the jungle all around, surveying the trees with keen eyes. This was impossible: what kind of place was laid out like this? There was no logic to it.

"Hello?" she called, trying to sound tentative and hesitant as she concealed the hand reaching for her pistol with the fall of her coat. "Is someone there?"

UncleWolf
2011-01-08, 10:44 AM
Jezebel stops and keeps quiet, trusting the Arbite's instincts. She puts her other hand on her Eviscerator cautiously, hoping she'd get the chance to use it soon.

Wargor
2011-01-08, 10:57 AM
Seeing Constance's strange actions, Zael closes his eyes, trying to focus his psychic power into the surrounding area.

Attempting to activate Precognition.

[roll0] need a 6

EDIT: Ah crap...

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-08, 03:33 PM
Lyra's eyes flit back and forth, her ever-present grin undimmed. If they wanted and were able to kill us, they'd have started shooting by now. Now, what to do? Her fingers tap her flamer's handle. No, too many plants, those were flammable. She learned that the hard way. But it was all wet, wasn't it?

Too many questions. Hellgun. Much simpler, more accurate. Less likely to catch the others on fire. She reaches for the grip, waiting.

GodGoblin
2011-01-09, 07:34 AM
Tallick already holding his rifle and seeing the effect on the others brings the scope to his eye and scans the forest again.

Incomp
2011-01-09, 10:53 AM
Weasel, lost in wistful thoughts of drugs, bumps into Lyra's back when the group stops moving. Instantly on the alert, one hand leaps to his pistol's holster and the other to his sheathed blade. "What is it, arb?" the scum asks. "What did you see?"

LCP
2011-01-10, 05:51 PM
Constance didn't reply, keeping her eyes trained on the treeline. One way or another, the man's question was about to answer itself...

The Commander
2011-01-11, 07:21 PM
There is no reply to Constance's call except the calls and noises of the native fauna moving around them. Scanning the tree and bushline around them, Constance doesn't see anyone, but the feeling of being watched remains. Despite the noise of the fauna, there is an eerie silence as the group visually scans the area.

This silence is brutally and suddenly interrupted by screams from Zael as his mind is assaulted by glimpses and whispers of the Warp.

Everyone except Zael make another Awareness Test. Constance gets to make this test at +10. (PMing what Zael Precognitions to Wargor)

Wargor
2011-01-12, 04:32 AM
Getting himself under control, Zael's screams trail off to a whimper and he is left half collapsed, hands on his knees, his face set in a mask of fear. "O-out there. Shapes. Humanoid. Shapes. They're watching us."

GodGoblin
2011-01-12, 05:27 AM
"Oh this can not be good" Tallick turns to scan the rear flank relying on the others to watch the rest. "COME AND GET IT YOU COWARDS!" he roars into the jungle, He thought there was little need for secrecy now after the psykers screaming.

Incomp
2011-01-12, 07:52 AM
Between the silent Constace, the screaming warp-spawn, the roaring Tallick, Weasel becomes thoroughly distressed. Fumbling with his holster and sheath, he gets his weapons in hand, and without thinking, fires his clip off into the jungle at random, screaming at nothing in particular, "I'll kill you! I'll kill you all!"

LCP
2011-01-12, 08:14 AM
Spinning round, it was all Constance could do not to point her hand cannon at Weasel and Tallick.

“Stop it!” she hissed. “Throne above, you call this professionalism?”

Leaving a beat for the others to regain their calm, she unholstered her firearm, keeping it low.

“This is an uninhabited world. If there are people out there, they must know something about the Magos. Firing blind is not going to help.”

Turning back to the trees, she raised her voice in a calm, collected shout.

“On the authority of the Imperial Inquisition, you are hereby ordered to show yourselves.” She cocked the hand-cannon. "Failure to comply will be taken as an indicator of hostile intent."

UncleWolf
2011-01-12, 11:18 AM
"Constance?" Jezebel asks as she puts up her Eviscerator to pull out her own hand cannon. "That was a very stupid thing to do." She kneels, obviously expecting a firefight. "The psyker said humanoid. Not human."

Incomp
2011-01-12, 04:56 PM
Weasel turns to Constace, screaming back at her as he reloads his weapon, "What good is professionalism when we're all going to die in a minute?"

The Commander
2011-01-12, 05:58 PM
Zael
(If you wish to keep your Precognition Sustained, just say so.)

The image in your head grows clearer as the moment of it's happenance grows nearer. The humanoid shapes around your group grow clearer and you can clearly see they are dark skinned humans wielding crude melee weapons. There are also several of these dark skinned humans with some kind of primitive ranged weapon, firing at the group from the bushline surrounding them, which look like bows. The party has their weapons drawn and has taken aim.

As Weasel fires his clip into the jungle at random, there is a bone-chilling shout from behind the bushline surrounding you. About half a dozen dark skinned humans jump up from the bushline and, shrieking some kind of Feral warcry, begin to charge towards you. They brandish spears and you can see small daggers strapped to their hip. Their bodies have strange markings on them, made with what looks like paint. Their torsos are covered in the skin of some of the fauna you've seen. A smaller number of the dark skinned humans remain at the bushline with what looks like bows. These ones are not drapped in the beast skins of the others, but do have the same kind of daggers. They pull back the strings on their bows.

(Roll for Initiative. There are 6 'Warriors' and 3 'Archers'. The Warriors are about 25m away from you and there are 3 coming to the left of you and 3 from the right (if you faced the way you were heading before). The Archers are spread out in front of you, with one directly in your path and the other two about 5m either side of him.

Warrior's Initiative = [roll0]
Archer's Initiative = [roll1])

UncleWolf
2011-01-13, 04:17 PM
(Since you said we could post our actions out of order, I'll go ahead and post for all of my attack)

Jezebel takes careful aim at one of the Warriors on the right, the center one, and fires off a single shot from her Precision Hand Cannon.

+20 BS from Half Action Aim and Accurate

To Hit(Under 54): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
(2 Penetration)

*looks at rules and reverses numbers*

Woo!

Boom! Headshot! :smallbiggrin:

LCP
2011-01-13, 04:53 PM
Turning to face the nearest of their oncoming aggressors, Constance drew her shock maul, activating the weapon with a crackle of static - levelling her pistol, she straightened her arm and fired.

Ready shock maul - free action (Quick Draw)
Half Action aim
Standard Attack with hand cannon on the nearest of the right-hand warriors.

[roll0] (vs. BS39, + 10 for aiming = 49)
[roll1] (Pen 2)

GodGoblin
2011-01-13, 05:43 PM
Tallick raises his rifle at one of the archers, takes aim and pulls the trigger.

Aiming for half an action-
[roll0] (Under 68 to hit Accurate and aiming)

GodGoblin
2011-01-13, 05:45 PM
Oops forgot damage [roll0]

Wargor
2011-01-13, 06:11 PM
Taking a deep breath to calm himself, zael raises his autogun and looks through the red dot sight, aiming at one of the warriors on the left. He calmly squeezes the trigger, firing a single shot.

Half action to aim, using a red-dot sight, so that's a +20

[roll0] vs 55

Wargor
2011-01-13, 06:12 PM
Damage

[roll0]

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-13, 06:42 PM
No point in wasting the hellgun on unarmored humans, Lyra thinks. Her laspistol seems to jump into her hand from its ankle holster, and in one motion she aims and fires at the closest one on the left.
Free action: Ready (Quick Draw)
Half Action: Aim (+20 from Red Dot Sight)
Half Action: Standard Attack
[roll0] Target: 56
[roll1] Damage

Incomp
2011-01-13, 07:14 PM
Weasel whirls right to face the his assailants, relieved to have something physical to murder. Snarling, he blasts off half his clip at one of the wild men.

I conveniently have my weapons out, so, Full Auto Burst (which an Orthlak MkIV can do) at any old cannibal cannibal freak.

Looking for 60 or less (+20 from Full Auto included)
[roll0]

God damn, but this game hates me. My gun jams.

His shots go wild, and suddenly the weapon makes an ugly crack and stops shooting.

The Commander
2011-01-13, 08:06 PM
Initiative Order:

Warriors - 12
Lyra - 11 (4)
Tallick - 11 (3)
Weasel - 10 (4)
Jezebel - 10 (3)
Constance - 10 (2)
Zael - 8
Archers - 7

The Warrior looking humans, acting on what you guess is pure adrenaline, charge closer towards you before any of you have even had the chance to fire a shot off in anger. Each one seems to have picked a single one of you.

(Run 18m closer to you all, I'll include the running penalty to each of your BS tests. Each of you is being singled out by an individual Warrior and I'll assume you'll be directing your shots at him.)

Dodge Rolls:
Lyra's Warrior - Ag = 35 vs [roll0]
Tallick's Archer - Ag = 30 / 2 (Untrained) = 15 vs [roll1]
Zael's Warrior - Ag = 35 vs [roll2] - Even if he didn't make this, damage was low enough he'd emerge unhurt
Jezebel's Warrior - Ag = 35 vs [roll3]

Lyra is the first to act out of the group. She flicks up her Laspistol, takes quick aim and fires off a round into the chest of an approaching Warrior. The Warrior seems unphased by the wound though and keeps charging.

(Body Hit, 11 Damage - 1 AP - 4 TB = 6 Damage. 9 Wounds remaining)

Tallick's shot clips the Archer in the arm and he winces a little before returning to a firing stance.

(Arm Hit, 7 Damage - 3 TB = 4 Damage. 6 Wounds remaining)

Weasel's gun fires a couple of stray shots before a sickening sound of *click* *click* *click* can be heard as the gun jams. If there was a time to panic for Weasel, now would be it.

Jezebel levels her Hand Cannon at her Warrior and fires off a well aimed shot. The shot takes off a chunk of the Warrior's scalp and his head is thrown back by the force. He keeps coming towards Jezebel, however.

(Head Hit, 12 Damage - 4 TB = 8 Damage. 7 Wounds remaining)

Constance takes aim and fires at the Warrior closing on her, unfortunately the Warrior's movements are slightly erratic and the shot sails by him and embeds itself in a tree nearby.

Zael takes aim at his own charging Warrior and unleashes a shot in his direction. By this time, the Warrior seems to have learnt to avoid these weapons and expertly hops out of the way of the shot, almost never breaking pace with the charge.

The Archers in front of you take aim at the three Acolytes in front, namely, Constance, Lyra and Weasel. (Full Round Aim)

The Warriors, undeterred by your bullets, charge into each of you, screaming strange and horrifying Feral warcrys, to engage you in melee.

Charge Rolls:
(Attacking with Spears)
Constance's Warrior - WS = 40 + 10 Charging = 50 vs [roll4] Damage = [roll5]
Lyra's Warrior - WS = 40 + 10 Charging = 50 vs [roll6] Damage = [roll7]
Weasel's Warrior - WS = 40 + 10 Charging = 50 vs [roll8] Damage = [roll9]
Zael's Warrior - WS = 40 + 10 Charging = 50 vs [roll10] Damage = [roll11]
Jezebel's Warrior - WS = 40 + 10 Charging = 50 vs [roll12] Damage = [roll13]
Tallick's Warrior - WS = 40 + 10 Charging = 50 vs [roll14] Damage = [roll15]

It is Lyra's Turn.

UncleWolf
2011-01-13, 11:49 PM
Since the savages' weapons are likely Primitive, Jezebel's Light Enforcer Carapace has it's AP doubled to 10. Which...yeah...I doubt it's even scratched.

Jezebel only chortles as the weapon skips off her armored chest and she drops her pistol and grabs her Eviscerator off of her back.
"ONLY THROUGH PAIN SHALL YOU MEET YOUR SALVATION!"With a flick of the switch, she activates it with a roar and strikes as her melodious voice carries the message.

Drop Pistol: Free Action
Draw Eviscerator(Ready): Half Action
Standard Attack: Half Action

To hit: Target 40 or less: [roll0]

Tearing: [roll2]

Pen 5, hits the body. :smallbiggrin:

LCP
2011-01-14, 06:18 AM
Facing her attacker, Constance weighed the shock baton in her hand before swinging forwards.

Half Action: Aim (I would All-Out Attack, but I want to keep my Dodge).
Standard Attack with Shock Maul, vs. effective WS 46: [roll0], [roll1]

Incomp
2011-01-14, 11:07 AM
Weasel curses as his gun jams and the savages close in on him. He swings his mono-sword twice at the air in an attempt to feint the warrior, then swings for the heart.

Looking for 38s or less
Feint: [roll0]
Standard Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] (+2 pen, not primitive due to mono property)

OH COME ON!

Incomp
2011-01-14, 11:11 AM
With a prayer to the Almighty Emperor, Weasel turns his miss into another swing.

Apologies for the double post. I'm using a fate point to reroll the attack.
Attack: [roll0]

Wargor
2011-01-14, 11:19 AM
Damn! Swinging his autogun back on its strap, Zael quickly slides his mono-sword from it's sheath and lunges with it at his foe, aiming for his throat.

Quick draw to draw the sword automatically? If that's not right just take it as a half action I suppose.
And if I can, I'll use a half action to aim.

[roll0] versus 45 if my other actions were acceptable, 35 if not.

GodGoblin
2011-01-14, 11:43 AM
Tallick swings the Las over his shoulder and draws his sword in the same motion "Sorry thats not gonna cut it!" he bellows as he brings the sword down in a arc over the primitives head holding nothing back.

[roll0] Under 64 need (Full assault)

I also have swift strike but still being AFB I cannot remember what it gives me so this will do for now

GodGoblin
2011-01-14, 11:52 AM
As the sword swings off course Tallick strains at the last second to bring it back on course

Fate point spent by me too- [roll0] -under 64
[roll1] Damage

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-15, 12:15 AM
Lyra curses under her breath, dropping her laspistol back into its holster and drawing her mono-sword at once. She swings towards the warrior's left, then twirls the blade overhead, snarling as it plunges towards him.
Free Action: Sheathe
Free Action: Ready
Half Action: Feint
To hit: [roll0] Target: 35
Damage: [roll1] Pen: 2

Edit: Hits the Left Leg, I believe. :smallbiggrin:

The Commander
2011-01-15, 04:18 AM
Zael:
Your Precognition now shows you a reel of images of the next few seconds of the future and you can judge where the Warrior's blows will land on you (+10 to Dodge and Parry Rolls, as per the rules of Precog)

Dodge and Opposed WS Tests:
Opposed WS for Lyra's Feint = 34 vs [roll0]
Lyra's Warrior Dodge, if Opposed WS passed - Ag = 35 vs [roll1]
Tallick's Warrior Dodge - Ag = 35 vs [roll2] - Dodged
Opposed WS for Weasel's Feint = 3 vs [roll3] - Passed, but he fails to Dodge
Weasel's Warrior Dodge, if Opposed WS passed - Ag = 35 vs [roll4]
Jezebel's Warrior Dodge - Ag = 35 vs [roll5]

Lyra Feint catches the Warrior off-guard and he ends up stepping into a horrific slice to his leg. The Warrior lets out a cry of pain as his a deep gash begins to weep blood from his leg.

(Left Leg hit, 13 Damage - 4 TB = 9 Damage. 0 Wounds left)

Tallick strikes at his own Warrior, but the Warrior takes a quick step back and avoids the Guardsman's sword.

Weasel's Feint, despite being executed perfectly, does not catch the Warrior off-guard. Perhaps he has seen such a move before and has learnt from it. Either way, he does not Dodge the follow up strike by Weasel. Unfortunately Weasel's blade does not dig deep and the Warrior appears to shrug off the shallow wound.

(4 Damage, Pen 2, - 4 TB = 0 Damage)

Unfortunately for the Warrior facing Jezebel, her Eviscerator, quite literally, saws the Warrior in half at the waist. Jezebel almost loses her balance as her weapon passes cleanly through the dark skinned human. Blood and gore erupt from the two halves of the Warrior as they fall to the ground and the other Warriors and indeed, some of the group, look on in horror at the sheer brutality of Jezebel's weapon as the ground around them quickly floods with blood.

(21 Damage, Pen 5, - 4 TB = 17 Damage. Warrior is at Crit 10 and is quite dead :smallbiggrin:. Just about everyone except the Archers are about 4m from the corpse, so any movement requires an Agility Test or the target will fall prone.)

Constance swipes her Shock Maul at the Warrior, but this particular Warrior seems incredibly agile and moves in a such an erratic manner that Constance's weapon swipes harmlessly in front of him.

Zael takes a stab at the Warrior facing him and just barely miscalculates the distance of the Warrior as the sword digs into his beast skin armour, but goes no further.

The Archers in front of the group unleash an arrow each at Constance, Lyra and Weasel before loading another arrow into their bows from a quiver on their backs.

(Half Action Attack, Half Action Reload)

Archer's Shots:
BS = 40 + 20 (Full Aim) - 20 (Engaged in Melee) = 40
Arrows are Toxic, following the rules for Toxic on P.129
Constance's Archer = 40 vs [roll6] Damage is [roll7]
Lyra's Archer = 40 vs [roll8] Damage is [roll9]
Weasel's Archer = 40 vs [roll10] Damage is [roll11]

The arrow directed at Constance embeds itself between her and the Warrior she is facing and the arrow aimed at Lyra falls quite short. The arrow speeding towards Weasel looks more of a threat though. Weasel attempts to Dodge out of the way, but his concentration is set on the Warrior and the arrow impacts into his hip. Luckily the angle of the shot means that the arrow only causes a flesh wound and no poison has made it inside Weasel's bloodstream.

The Commander
2011-01-15, 04:53 AM
Despite a loss of one of their own, the Warrior's continue to press their attacks, trying to find a weakspot in your defences after a quick shout of something Feral to one-another.

(Half Action Aim, Half Action Attack)

Warrior's Attack Rolls:
WS 40 + 10 (Aim) = 50
Constance's Warrior = 50 vs [roll0]
Lyra's Warrior = 50 vs [roll1]
Weasel's Warrior = 50 vs [roll2]
Zael's Warrior = 50 vs [roll3]
Tallick's Warrior = 50 vs [roll4]
Forgot to roll damage, see OOC for damage

Constance's Warrior and Weasel's Warrior slip a little on the blood of their comrade and their attacks go wide.

It is Lyra's Turn.

LCP
2011-01-15, 07:48 AM
Ducking a little as the volley of arrows hissed past, Constance lunged back at her attacker.

"Surrender!" she shouted, driving the shock-maul towards unprotected skin once again.

As before: Aim, attack.

[roll0], [roll1]

Wargor
2011-01-15, 08:20 AM
Pulling himself together, Zael places his free hand on his temple, focusing his mind to try and wrack his foe with agony. He then slices at him with his mono-sword.

Half action to use Inflict Pain - [roll0] vs 8
Half action to attack - [roll1] vs 35

Incomp
2011-01-15, 09:10 AM
Falling into his well-practiced manner of close quarters combat, Weasel feints before striking once more.

Let's try that again. :smallannoyed:
These are against 38.
Feint Test: [roll0]
Standard Attack: [roll1]

Incomp
2011-01-15, 09:18 AM
Uh, right. Damage.
[roll0]

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-15, 04:04 PM
Lyra grins a toothy grin, watching the blood spill from the warrior's leg. She swings at his spear, aiming to deflect it, then jabs threateningly, hoping to confuse his drained mind. For the Emperor! She cries as she lunges for the killing blow.
Reaction: Parry
[roll0] Target: 45 (+10 from Balanced)
[roll1] Target: 35(?)
[roll2] Target: 35
Damage:
[roll3] Pen: 2, not Primitive

The Commander
2011-01-15, 09:51 PM
Lyra expertly knocks the Warrior's spear away from her at the last moment. Unfortunately Lyra's hopes of catching the Warrior in a Feint do not come to fruition as the Warrior sees past her Feint and instead dummys a step to the right which causes her second strike to jab at nothing but thin air.

It is Tallick's Turn.

UncleWolf
2011-01-15, 11:18 PM
Jezebel throws her head back in a bloodthirsty chortle, ignoring the spray of blood as it hits her. It almost looks like she's wallowing in it. :smalleek:

With a now blood covered grin, she turns to the one attacking the psyker. Still laughing like a daemon(not really :smalltongue:) she attacks it with reckless abandon.

All-Out Attack: +20
Outnumbered: +10
To hit target 70: [roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-01-19, 05:59 AM
Tallick lets out a roar and keeps swinging at the primitive, again not holding anything back.

With Swift strike I get 2 attacks when I full attack, forgot about that before
Hit-[roll0] Vs 64
Hit 2- [roll1] Vs 64

Damage-[roll2]
Damage 2-[roll3]

:smallcool:

The Commander
2011-01-19, 02:37 PM
Warrior Parry and WS rolls:
Parry Tallick - WS = 40 vs [roll0]
Opposed WS Feint for Weasel - WS = 15 vs [roll1]
Parry if successful - WS = 40 vs [roll2] - I'm beginning to feel sorry for Weasel...

Tallick slices at the Warrior. The Warrior attempts to deflect the Guardsman's blade but in doing so he causes it to rip across his knee and burst it wide open. He yells in pain, but retains his footing. He begins to pant.

(12 Damage - 4 TB = 8 Damage. 6 Wounds - 8 = Crit 2 to the Right Leg)

The Warrior facing Weasel is no doubt a skilled combatant as he yet again sees past the Scum's Feint and knocks his follow up strike away with ease.

Jezebel slips slightly on the blood of her fresh kill and her attack goes wide.

Something about Constance's Warrior continues to cause her to miss him as her Shock Maul arcs to the left of him, missing him entirely.

With Zael's mind already occupied with a reel of images of the future, he cannot find sufficient power in the Warp to inflict pain upon the Warrior he is facing. The effort spent trying to do also caused him to misjudge the Warrior's distance yet again and Zael's blade passes in front of the Warrior's chest harmlessly.

The three Archers take aim yet again at Constance, Lyra and Weasel.

(Full Action Aim)

The Warriors, having seen the utter brutality of Jezebel's weapon, strike carefully at you, keeping their guard up. The Warrior on Zael turns their attention to Jezebel.

Warrior Attack rolls:
(Guarded Attacks, -10 WS, +10 Parry + Dodge)
Constance's Warrior - 30 vs [roll3]
Lyra's Warrior - 30 vs [roll4]
Weasel's Warrior - 30 vs [roll5]
Jezebel's Warrior - 30 vs [roll6]
Tallick's Warrior - 30 vs [roll7] - Rolled OOC, these are failed rolls

Every Warrior, in their caution, fails to hit any of you.

It is Lyra's Turn.

LCP
2011-01-19, 05:07 PM
Sidestepping the savage's spear, Constance narrowed her eyes, swinging the shock baton in a tight loop to return it to a ready position.

"I said, stop it," she grunted, lunging forwards.

All-out Attack!

[roll0]
[roll1]

:smallannoyed:

UncleWolf
2011-01-20, 01:03 AM
Jezebel growls and swings again.

All Out Attack: +20
Outnumbered: +10
To Hit: 70 [roll0]

Right arm I think.

GodGoblin
2011-01-20, 05:22 AM
Tallick again starts swinging his blade around the warrior trying for multiple hits.

[roll0] vs 44
Damage [roll1]

[roll2] vs 44
Damage [roll3]

Incomp
2011-01-20, 07:46 AM
Feint and swing, Weasel says under his breath. Feint and swing. Stay calm, stay alive.

Against 38s
Feint (work dammit!): [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Yesyesyesomgyes! Don't you dare beat that feint roll.

Wargor
2011-01-20, 09:50 AM
Seeing that Jezebel has matters more than in hand, Zael turns his attention to the archers. Dropping his sword, he brings his autogun up to bear and sights along it, drawing on the warp to guide his aim.

Aiming at whichever archer is easiest to see
Quick draw to get my gun up.
Half action to use Unnatural Aim, including the -4 for sustaining vs 8

[roll]1d10+

Half action attack: vs 65 if power succeeds, 35 otherwise. [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Wargor
2011-01-20, 09:51 AM
Second dice roll for power, as it messed up.
[roll0]

Wargor
2011-01-20, 09:53 AM
Lets try again :smallconfused:

[roll0]

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-21, 10:14 PM
Focus. He's got a foot-long gash in his leg, for Emprah's sake, it shouldn't be that hard to put one through his chest. Dodge, weave, swing.
[roll0] (35)
[roll1] (35)
Damage:
[roll2]

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-21, 10:21 PM
"And if we die this deh we die in gloareh, we die heroes' deffs, but we shall not die, no! It is the enemeh who will tehste deff and defeat!"
~Captain Indrick Boreale of the Blood Magpies Ravens

Come on, Righteous Fury!
[roll0] (35)
[roll1]
Edit: 20 damage to the body. The Emperor smiles on us today. :smallbiggrin:

The Commander
2011-01-22, 05:22 AM
Warrior Opposed WS and Parry Tests:
Opposed WS Test for Lyra - WS = 10 vs [roll0]
If successful, Parry Test - WS = 40 + 10 (Guarded Attack) = 50 vs [roll1]
Tallick Warrior's Parry Test - WS = 40 + 10 (Guarded Attack) - 10 (Fatigued) = 40 vs [roll2]
Opposed WS Test for Weasel - WS = 28 vs [roll3]
If successful, Parry Test - WS = 40 + 10 (Guarded Attack) = 50 vs [roll4]
Jezebel Warrior's Parry Test - WS = 40 + 10 (Guarded Attack) = 50 vs [roll5]
Zael's Archer Dodge - Ag = 30 / 2 (Untrained) = 15 vs [roll6]

Lyra doesn't just put a gash in the Warrior's chest as she swings her sword round. She literally disembowels him. As the sword tears through the Warrior's armour and body, blood and guts spill out of him. He is dead before he hits the jungle floor. The gore and blood surrounding the party begins to mount.

(Needless to say, Crit 10 to the Body. If the Warrior Jezebel killed wasn't enough, Lyra's Warrior is also adding to the gore and anyone within 4m must make an Agility Test when moving or fall prone)

(Tallick rolled RF! Although it hardly matters what he rolls, the Warrior is very dead!)

Continuing the theme of disembowelment, Tallick also does the same to his Warrior after a failed leg slice. The ground is now literally oozing with blood and guts.

(Crit 10 to the Body again, you know the drill)

Weasel finally gets a moment of glory as his weapon cuts deep into the Warrior's armour and flesh. He groans in agony and his wound seeps blood.

(12 Damage, Pen 2, 12 - 4 TB = 8 Damage. 7 Wounds remaining)

Jezebel's weapon proves how brutal it is once again as it tears into the Warrior's Right Arm. A deep gash across the shoulder is the trophy of Jezebel's swing and the Warrior drops his Spear because of it. He breathes heavily through the pain.

(21 Damage - 4 TB = 17 Damage. Crit 2 to the Right Arm. Spear dropped and 1 level of Fatigue)

The Warrior facing Constance doesn't seem to understand what Constance is saying. Either that or he's not listening. Whatever the case, the Warrior continues to prove a hard target to hit, even in his Guarded Stance.

The Warp guides Zael's aim as he singles out an Archer. He pulls the trigger and the bullet slams into the Archer's Leg. He cries out in pain, but keeps his aim up, after wincing a little.

(11 Damage - 3 TB = 8 Damage. 2 Wounds left)

The Archers unleash another volley of arrows, then proceed to reload.

(Half Action Fire, Half Action Reload)

Archer's shots:
BS = 40 + 20 (Full Aim) - 20 (Shooting into Melee)
Constance - 40 vs [roll7]
Lyra - 40 vs [roll8]
Weasel - 40 vs [roll9] - That's a hit on the Warrior! Rolling damage OOC...

The arrows slam into Constance and Lyra, although a their armour stops enough of the force that they only receive a minor cut from the arrow tip. The arrow aimed for Weasel, however, finds a different target in the form of the Warrior facing him. Not expecting to be shot by his own comrade, the Warrior doesn't even attempt to move out of the way. The arrow drills into the side of the Warrior and he cries out in pain and anger; shooting a glance at the Archer whose face has turned to shock.

(Weasel's Warrior is at 2 Wounds)

With three of their comrades dead and the most of the rest injured without much to show for it, the remaining Warriors, after a quick shout to one another, turn and flee from you. (Agility Tests to follow, everyone gets to make a Free Attack of Opportunity against any nearby Warrior)

The Commander
2011-01-22, 06:13 AM
(Free Attacks of Opportunity for whoever is next to or was engaged with these Warriors)

Agility Tests:
Constance's Warrior - Ag = 35 vs [roll0]
Weasel's Warrior - Ag = 35 vs [roll1]
Jezebel's Warrior - Ag = 35 - 10 (Fatigued) = 25 vs [roll2]

Unfortunately for the Warriors, all of them slip on the gore of their comrades and fall over. All are within arms reach of those next to them or previously engaged with them.

It is Lyra's Turn.

UncleWolf
2011-01-22, 12:56 PM
Jezebel grins horribly, ignoring the blood that's smeared across her face before bringing her Eviscerator down in a vicious arc.

All-Out Attack: +20
Attacking someone Prone: +10
To Hit vs 70:

Tearing: [roll] 1d10+13

UncleWolf
2011-01-22, 01:01 PM
Using a Fate Point to reroll attack. *really doesn't want to lose control of the giant two handed chainsaw* :smalleek:

To hit vs 70: [roll0]

Incomp
2011-01-23, 01:28 AM
The fight was looking up for poor Weasel. First he actually manages to strike a blow, then his opponent was shot by his own side, and now the savage slipped in the rapidly accumulating gore. Weasel does his best to finish his foe.

Attack of opportunity
Against 48
[roll0] <----:smallbiggrin:
[roll1]

Wargor
2011-01-23, 03:00 PM
Seeing his foe slip in the blood, Zael lashes out with the butt of his auto gun, hoping to make sure the primitive stays down.

Attack of Op
To hit vs 45
Damage [roll1]

Re-sighting along his gun, Zael allows his warp enhanced senses to guide his aim, squeezing off a semi-auto burst at the same archer.

Attack vs 75 [roll2]
Damage [1d10+3

Wargor
2011-01-23, 03:01 PM
Damage [roll0]

Wargor
2011-01-23, 03:02 PM
Grrrrrr.

Damage: [roll0]

UncleWolf
2011-01-23, 04:58 PM
Seeing her first attack miss, Jezebel snarls and strikes out again.

All-out Attack: +20
Target is Prone: +10

To hit vs 70: [roll0]

Deja vu anyone? :smallannoyed:

GodGoblin
2011-01-23, 05:33 PM
Having slain his foe Tallick draws his revolver, selects Dum-Dum ammo and squeezes off a shot at an archer.

Free action to draw
Half action to aim
Half action to fire

To hit- [roll0] vs 68
Damage- [roll1]

GodGoblin
2011-01-23, 05:34 PM
Having slain his foe Tallick draws his revolver, selects Dum-Dum ammo and squeezes off a shot at an archer.

Free action to draw
Half action to aim
Half action to fire

To hit- [roll0] vs 68
Damage- [roll1]

The Commander
2011-01-24, 02:36 PM
(Opportunity Attacks)

Warrior Dodge + Parry Tests:
Weasel's Warrior Parry - WS = 40 - 10 (Prone) = 30 vs [roll0]
Zael's Warrior Dodge (He was disarmed by Jezebel) - Ag = 35 - 20 (Prone) - 10 (Fatigued) = 5 vs [roll1]
If Weasel's Warrior fails to Parry, Toughness Test or lose foot - T = 40 vs [roll2]
If succeeds, Stunned for [roll3] Rounds, take [roll4] Fatigue + Blood Loss. - Mixed up Wounds taken with Zael, he's at Crit 6, not Crit 8; Fatigue taken is 3. Target is not Stunned, Movement reduced by half.

Weasel's moment of glory continues to live on and he swings his sword low over the Warrior's prone body. The Warrior attempts to raise his Spear to block the incoming attack; but it is just too late. With a neat slice, the end of the Warrior's foot comes off. He let's out a cry of agony and writhes in pain.

(10 Damage - 4 TB = Crit 6 to the Leg. Movement is halved and Warrior has 3 levels of Fatigue)

The Warrior laying at Zael's feet is in no position to Dodge and, much like Weasel, also hacks off the end of the Warrior's foot. (Rolling for Toughness Test and Fatigue OOC) The amount cut off is considerably less than that of Weasel's Warrior, but the Warrior cries out in pain nonetheless.

(8 Damage - 4 TB = Crit 6 to the Leg. Movement is halved and Warrior has 2 levels of Fatigue)

Jezebel, after brutally taking apart the Warriors bit by bit, is a little too zealous and slips a little on the blood and gore in her fury. Her attack goes wide and almost causes her Eviscerator to fly out of her hand; but fate keeps the weapon firmly in her grip.

Constance swings her shock maul down towards her Warrior as he slips, but his body slids and her shock maul just barely misses him.

Incomp
2011-01-24, 04:53 PM
Grinning now, and throwing caution to the winds, Weasel swings quickly, unleashing a flurry of blows at his crippled foe.

Making two Standard Attacks, both versus 48 (due to the warrior being prone.)
A1:[roll0]
A2:[roll1]
D1:[roll2]
D2:[roll3]

UncleWolf
2011-01-24, 05:03 PM
(I'm not sure, but I think you only get one attack per round.)

Jezebel growls and swings her blade again, renewing her grip to bring her vicious weapon under control before trying to tear the prone warrior to pieces.

To Hit vs 70(all out attack and prone): [roll0]

Headshot. :smallbiggrin:

LCP
2011-01-27, 08:17 PM
"Oh no you don't," growled Constance, looming over the slithering savage. "Stay down."

All-out Attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Constace continues to embarass herself. This isn't her specialty! She should be out helping the local witch doctor solve crimes.

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-28, 06:29 PM
Lyra laughs quietly, as she twirls her blood-coated sword back into a ready stance. This is more like it. She grips the hilt with both hands, descending on the next one in line. Somewhere, a terrified orchestra is playing very sharp chords.
Against Constance's Warrior.

Attack of Opportunity:
[roll0] vs 45 (prone)
Damage:
[roll1]

All-Out Attack:
[roll2] vs 65 (prone + AOO)
Damage:
[roll3]

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-28, 06:33 PM
The Emperor is clearly enjoying Lyra's display of righteous wrath against these heretics. At least, I hope it's the Emperor. :smalleek:
RIGHTEOUS FUREH
[roll0] vs 35(?)
Damage:
[roll1]

Edit: That all comes out to 30. :smallbiggrin:

The Commander
2011-01-28, 07:42 PM
(Would just like to politely ask everyone to remind me if your melee weapon has Penetration, as that will make a difference; just saves me checking your OOC sheets)

(Lyra's Attack of Opportunity)

Lyra's Warrior Parry:
WS = 40 - 10 (Prone) = 30 vs [roll0]

As Lyra brings her Sword down upon the Warrior, he quickly knocks the strike away from him with his Spear.

(Attacks of Opportunity resolved, continuing with Initiative Order)

(All Warriors have used up their Reactions)

Archer Dodge Rolls:
Zael's Archer Dodge - Ag = 30 / 2 (Untrained) = 15 vs [roll1]
Tallick's Archer Dodge - Ag = 30 / 2 (Untrained) = 15 vs [roll2]

Unfortunately for the Warrior, Lyra recovers from the Parry quickly and brings her Sword down upon him again. This time the Emperor seems to guide the tip of her blade as it digs deep into the Warrior's chest. He coughs and splutters, but despite the significant trauma he remains alive.

(18 Damage - 4 TB = 14 Damage. Warrior is at 1 Wound)

Tallick fires a shot off at the left-most Archer. The Emperor seems to guide his bullet directly into the leg of the Archer, who fails to move out of the way. Due to the nature of Dum-Dum bullets, the tissue inside the Archer's leg turns to mush and causes the Archer to cry out in pain.

(17 Damage - 3 TB = Crit 4 to the Leg. Rolling for Fatigue and reduced Movement rounds in OOC - 1 level of Fatigue and 2 rounds worth of reduced Movement)

Weasel, his new found glory now on a roll, swings his Sword low over the prone body of the Warrior. He cuts the Warrior in half at the waist. Blood and gore ooze out from the dead Warrior, adding to the already horrific scene surrounding the group.

(9 Damage - 4 TB = 5 Damage. Warrior is dead and at Crit 10 to the Body.)

(Jezebel is getting slightly ahead of herself :smallbiggrin: Wolfbane, you've already posted her actions for her actual turn, so the headshot attack would be next turn, unless the Warrior manages to get up and start moving...)

Jezebel continues to struggle with her footing in the blood and gore when trying to attack the fallen Warrior and misses her strike yet again; to the great relief of the prone Warrior.

Constance, yet again, fails to hit her target; this time the blood on the ground causing her to slip slightly being her downfall.

(Zael fired a Semi-Auto Burst and had enough degrees of success that means all of his shots hit the Archer. I shall roll the additional damage OOC)

Zael's bullets slam into the Archer, guided by the Warp. The first bullet ruptures a rib of the Archer, the second bursts through his chest, exposing some of the Archer's organs and causing him to double over in pain, the third bullet slams into his shoulder and literally tears off his arm and sends fragments of bone flying outward. The Archer cries out, crumples to a heap, and dies a few seconds later.

(After totalling damage, Archer was at Crit 10 to the Arm (using the Multiple Hits Table))

The remaining Archers, knowing this fight is lost, turn and flee from the fight with yelps of something Feral. The Archer Tallick shot at limps at a slower pace than the other Archer

(All Archers Sprint (using the Run Action) away from you, with both Archers branching off from one another. One Archer is 36m away from you, the other, Tallick's Archer, is 18m away.)

The Commander
2011-01-28, 08:21 PM
The remaining Warriors, having taken severe wounds, try to stand and retreat.

Warrior Agility Tests:
Constance's Warrior - Ag = 35 vs [roll0]
Jezebel's Warrior - Ag = 35 - 10 (Fatigued) = 25 vs [roll1]

Their efforts go unrewarded, however, as they slip once again on the gore of their fellow Warriors.

It is Lyra's Turn.

LCP
2011-01-29, 09:22 AM
"Try to take one alive!" shouted Constance to her fellow Acolytes. "They must have seen the Magos!"

HIT SOMETHING

All-Out attack
[roll0]
YESSSSSSSSSSS
STUN SOMETHING
[roll1]

The shock maul has no penetration, but it is Shocking, so that's a toughness test for the warrior? Take that, ignoble savage.

GodGoblin
2011-01-29, 12:59 PM
"Alive? Not for this one." He grumbles as he pulls off another shot at the injured, fleeing native.

[roll0] vs 68
[roll1] Dum Dum shot.

UncleWolf
2011-01-29, 02:33 PM
Jezebel won't stop her attack. :smalltongue:

Incomp
2011-01-29, 07:48 PM
Seeing the savages in retreat, Weasel remarks "Well. That went better than I had expected."
He gets to work unjamming his gun.

Wargor
2011-01-31, 08:29 AM
Zael aims his autogun at one of the remaining warriors, ready to fire at the first sign of movement. "Stay down! Don't move and I won't shoot you!"

Vespe Ratavo
2011-01-31, 09:35 PM
Since it doesn't look like the warrior she just gutted is going anywhere, Lyra slings her gore-coated blade back into its holster, draws her hellgun, lines up the fleeing archer in her telescopic sight, and gently squeezes the trigger.
Free Action: Holster Sword
Free Action: Draw Hellgun
Against the archer 36 meters away.
Half Action: Aim
[roll0] against 46.
Damage: [roll1] Energy, Penetration 3
Edit: Hits the Left Leg.

The Commander
2011-02-02, 12:07 PM
Archer and Warrior Dodge/Parry Rolls:
Lyra's Archer Dodge - Ag 30 / 2 (Untrained) = 15 vs [roll0]
Tallick's Archer Dodge - Ag 30 / 2 (Untrained) = 15 - 10 (Fatigued) = 5 vs [roll1]
Jezebel's Warrior Parry - WS 40 - 10 (Fatigued) - 10 (Prone) = 20 vs [roll2] - Ignore this, the Warrior dropped his Spear, he cannot Parry
Constance's Warrior Parry - WS 40 - 10 (Prone) = 30 vs [roll3]

Lyra fires her Hellgun at the fleeing Archer and strikes him across the back of his leg. The Archer stumbles, trying to remain on his feet.

(12 Damage - 3 TB = 9 Wounds. Archer is at Crit 2 to the Leg. His Movement is halved for 1 Round)

Tallick fires again at the limping Archer and strikes him in the same leg as before. This time the Dum-Dum bullets completely remove the lower half of his leg from the rest of his body and the Archer, whilst falling, lets out a howl of a scream. He falls and disappeared beneath the flora and doesn't reappear.

(9 Damage - 3 TB = 6 Damage. Archer is at Crit 10 to the Leg and dead, he is not close enough that conversation has been drowned out between any of you by his screams)

(Weasel needs to make a BS Test to Unjam his gun)

The Warrior looking up at Jezebel as she swings her weapon down upon him can only look on in complete horror as she brings her roaring weapon on death down upon him. Their is a sickening sound of flesh and bone being ripped apart and the Warrior's head literally flies free of his body and is lost in the fauna. Blood spurts violently from his neck and covers Jezebel, Zael and Weasel in blood.

(Warrior is quite easily on Crit 10 to the Head. Jezebel, Zael and Weasel must make an Agility Test or have their eyes/visors/scopes covered in blood and suffer a -10 to WS and BS for 1 Round.)

Constance finally manages to land a solid blow on her Warrior with her Shock Maul. The Warrior convulses and the sound of ribs shattering can be heard as Constance's weapon impact his body. He continues to convulse even after Constance withdraws her weapon.

(9 Damage - 1 AP - 4 TB = 5 Damage. Warrior is at Crit 4 to the Body. Rolling Fatigue and Toughness Test OOC - Warrior takes 2 levels of Fatigue and is Stunned for 3 Rounds)

(I'm going to assume Zael is setting up Overwatch on the Warrior)

The last remaining Archer continues to stumble away from the fight.

(Full Action Run, 9 / 2 (Half Movement) = 4.5 rounding down to 4m. Archer is now 50m from Constance (about 56m from Tallick, with each of you being 1m in between depending on your Marching Order))

It is Lyra's Turn.

Incomp
2011-02-02, 03:02 PM
Weasel sighs, ignoring the carnage around him, as he fiddles with the workings of his weapon.

[roll0]
Looking for 40 or less.

UncleWolf
2011-02-02, 06:05 PM
Agility vs 34= [roll0]

Jezebel closes her eyes as the blood hits her. She throws back her head and laughs merrily, letting the red fluid into her mouth. She doesn't seem to mind at all, seeming to revel in it instead. "Bestow your gifts upon your child!" The cleric shouts with another burst of horrifying laughter as the arterial spray runs down her pale lavender skin.

Vespe Ratavo
2011-02-02, 06:51 PM
Lyra slowly cracks a small smile, humming to herself as she lines the crosshair square on the back of the fleeing enemy. Well, that went pretty good, don'tcha think? She asks no one in particular.

Same archer.
Half Action: Aim
[roll0] against 46
Damage: [roll1] Energy, Penetration 3

LCP
2011-02-03, 08:31 AM
Seeing her opponent finally hit the ground, Constance immediately dropped to pin him, driving one knee into the small of his back and holding it there with all her weight.

“Stay down!” she shouted, jamming the muzzle of her pistol against the base of his skull. “Don’t move!”

The man might not speak Low Gothic, but hopefully her tone was clear enough.

OOC: Not sure how to couch the above in terms of combat actions, but here’s a grapple roll if you need it:

[roll0]

Wargor
2011-02-03, 08:46 AM
Zael continues to stand over the fallen warrior, his sights resting right over the primitives forehead. "Stay down." He rasps in a menacing tone.

The Commander
2011-02-03, 01:05 PM
(Even if Weasel made his Agility Test, he still failed his BS Test to unjam his gun, so I will IC that the blood from Jezebel's kill has effected him this turn)

The blood spurting violently from the decapitated Warrior at Jezebel's feet completely covers her, Zael and Weasel. The blood is thick and coats their faces in a crimson mask; making it hard to see.

Lyra's shot on the last remaining Archer very nearly hits him, but instead hits a tree right next to him. A deep and burning hole in it's trunk is all Lyra is rewarded with.

It is Tallick's Turn.

GodGoblin
2011-02-04, 03:59 AM
Tallick strolls over to where the Archer fell and squeezes off a round into his skull making sure the primitive is dead.

Do you need any rolls for that? Also Im doing this assuming there are no enemies left to shoot or attack me

The Commander
2011-02-04, 10:35 AM
(At this point, no I think combat is pretty much over, so you won't need to roll)

As the Archer's head explodes, Tallick can be well and truely sure that he is dead.

The blood covering Weasel's face and gun make it difficult for him to unjam his weapon.

(A grapple roll would be most appropriate and he's not gunna be able to break free whilst Stunned)

Constance performs a standard Arbite pinning maneuver for prone opponents and easily holds the Warrior down. Partly due to the shock of her Shock Maul and partly due to the sheer amount of deadly firepower facing him, he does not resist.

Zael continues to cover Constance, but he need not worry for the time being.

The lone Archer, finding his feet once again, continues to sprint off into the thick jungle and disappears from sight within the thick and frequent trees.

(My mistake last round, the Archer runs at 18m and so actually ran 9m instead of 4.5m. This round he Full Action Sprints again 36m. Hard (-20) Awareness Test to spot him and shoot him (if you wish to continue doing so))

Combat is over. You may now post whenever you like. The Warrior will recover from the shock of Constance's Shock Maul in a few seconds and you will no longer have to make Agility Tests to move across the blood soaked floor.

LCP
2011-02-04, 10:42 AM
“Help me hold him down,” snapped Constance to the others, not shifting from the tribal warrior’s back. Her pistol still held firmly against the back of his head, she spoke slowly and loudly – it was the best she could do.

“DO – YOU – SPEAK - GOTHIC?”

UncleWolf
2011-02-04, 01:36 PM
Jezebel giggles madly a bit as the adrenaline keeps flowing before grinning and moving close to the captured primitive, Eviscerator running on idle. It's rather obvious that she'll gladly take some answers from the man.

As well as several pounds of flesh.

Maybe his head as well.

"Answer her."

Incomp
2011-02-04, 04:36 PM
Fairly sure his allies have little need of him at this point, Weasel devotes himself fully to unjamming and reloading his weapon.

Do I even need to roll?

The Commander
2011-02-04, 05:15 PM
The Warrior looks up as best he can. His face is a mask of pure terror. He speaks a few Feral words.

As Jezebel crosses over to him, he grows considerably more agitated; but does not struggle in a manner which would suggest he was trying to escape.

He continues to speak a little more Feral in a quick and frightened tone.

With plenty of time and the ease of no combat to worry about, Weasel manages to unjam his weapon.

(As per Jam rules, Weasel loses the clip that was in his weapon)

LCP
2011-02-04, 05:39 PM
"Stop," said Constance, trying to make herself understood through body language as much as by her words. "Slow down."

Pointing directly to the captive with her free hand.

"Name."

OOC: When you say he's speaking is 'Feral' - is that recognisable as being derived from elements Low/High Gothic, or is it completely unfamiliar?

The Commander
2011-02-07, 11:21 AM
(Something interesting - [roll0])

The Warrior has difficulty understanding, but it seems as if he is trying to comprehend what you are saying. He speaks some slow Feral, which could possibly be his name or his trying to mimic your idea of slow speech helps understanding. For now though, it seems neither of you understand each other.

(You don't recognise any hint of Low Gothic or High Gothic, to you it's all jibberish)

Wargor
2011-02-07, 12:50 PM
Zael stares down at the primitive, his face set as if carved from stone. "He can't tell us anything, what use is he? We should move on before his tribe mates come back in greater number."

UncleWolf
2011-02-07, 01:00 PM
Jezebel picks up her hand cannon and holsters it before grinning at the psyker. "Let them come. Tooth and I look forward to bringing them an exquisite ending..." She says, ending with a cackle. Probably rather disturbing considering she's likely literally covered in blood.

Wargor
2011-02-07, 01:11 PM
"Be that as it may, prudence would suggest we move on. We don't know what else might be waiting to do us harm." Zael bends down and retrieves his sword, trying to find a sufficiently blood free part of an enemy garment to clean it on before sheathing it.

Incomp
2011-02-07, 05:22 PM
"I agree with the warp-spaw-- the psyker. I don't want to be in this jungle any longer than I have to. Let's kill the thing and move on." Weasel sheathes his weapons, and moves to stare down at the feral man.

GodGoblin
2011-02-08, 06:35 AM
Tallick walks up to the rest of the group sword and pistol still in hand wiping blood and sweat from his face with his sleeve. "Right then lets move! Ill take the rear."

LCP
2011-02-08, 08:48 AM
Stifling a scowl, Constance straightened up, keeping her foot on the tribesman's back. It was clear they could not communicate, at least without wasting time that she wasn't sure they had.

Leaving the man alive to return to his people might give them pause before attacking again: chances were, these savages were simply frightened or offended by the Acolytes' presence in their territory. Feral world or not, though, Mankind was bound by the Emperor's Law, and ignorance was no excuse. The choice was not up to her.

"Agreed," she said to the others. Powering up her shock-maul again, she delivered a swift blow to the back of their captive's skull. "We should keep moving."

OOC: I presume I don't need any rolls to kill this guy?

The Commander
2011-02-08, 12:55 PM
(No rolls needed)

A quick, sickening crack is heard as Constance brings her Shock Maul down quickly upon the Warrior's head. He goes limp and blood slowly begins to form around his head as it hits the ground. He twitches occasionally, but you are sure this is just involuntary spasms.

If you wish to continue towards the ruin, make a Navigation Surface and/or a Tracking Roll.