PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Vestiges [Taking Requests]

EdroGrimshell
2010-12-09, 11:59 AM
Dynamis, The Great Engine
Dynamis, an artificial spirit, created by the freed spirits of construct bound so long they lost their original identities and found themselves pulled into the ether, slowly coalescing into a new vestige over time. Even now, Dynamis is not fully formed, only barely achieving the level of vestige.
Level: 6th
Binding DC: 25
Legend: The legend of Dynamis is the only vestige whose legend is entirely fact. Dynamis is the result of hundreds of elemental spirits, fire, earth, water, and wind all, that were once bound to constructs of all kinds for so long that they eventually lost what they originally were, losing themselves to constructs. Their essences slowly came together, forming a construct known as Dynamis, however, without a physical existence and a rapidly burning essence, they faded from existence, enter the ether and forming a vestige that grows still stronger with each construct spirit that joins it.
Special Requirement: Only those that are familiar with constructs can ever hope to bind Dynamis. A prospective binder must be a construct, have the Craft Construct feat, or have the craft homunculus class feature.
Manifestation: A whirring of gears precedes the appearance of Dynamis, a black gate rises from the earth and opens. A number of small clockwork constructs carry in a large iron furnace with a grate-like gate to the flames that acts as a mouth and two voids where flames spurt out for eyes. He speaks in a booming voice, using few words and simple phrases. The flames roil stronger and burn white when the binder makes a bad pact and turn are calm and burning a dull red when a good pact is made.
Sign: Those bound to Dynamis find their dominant arm becomes a larger-than-normal mechanical arm that sprays sparks when the binder is angry or excited.
Influence: Those bound to Dynamis have are compelled to not attack constructs of any kind.
Granted Abilities: While bound to Dynamis, you gain powers that relate to the creation and power of the constructs he came from.
Emotionless: You gain immunity to all emotion based effects and cannot receive morale bonuses or penalties.
Construct Body: You gain a natural armor bonus equal to ¼ your effective binder level + your Con modifier (or Cha modifier if you do not possess a Con score). A construct bound to Dynamis instead adds this bonus to their existing natural armor bonus.
Armor Plating: Your body becomes more metallic and iron plated granting you damage reduction 10/Adamantine. Additionally you do not need to eat, breathe, or sleep while bound to Dynamis. A construct bound to Dynamis instead adds 10 to their existing natural armor.
Construct Weaponry: You gain a natural slam attack that deals 1d6+your Str mod (for a medium creature) points of damage. Your natural attacks (not just your slam attack) are treated as adamantine for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. A construct bound to Dynamis is treated as one size category larger for the purpose of damage from their natural attacks.
Energy Healing: Choose either electricity or fire when binding Dynamis. During that day, when you are dealt damage of the selected type you instead heal one point of damage for every three points of damage you would have been dealt. A construct bound to Dynamis is instead healed by both.
Living Furnace: Once every five rounds, you can breathe a gout of flames as a breath weapon that deals 1d6 points of fire damage per binder level (max 20d6). A successful reflex save (DC for this ability is 10 + half your effective binder level + your Cha modifier) halves the damage. A construct bound to Dynamis instead can use this ability once every 1d4+1 rounds.

More to come...

Pyromancer999
2010-12-09, 06:34 PM
Just so you know, this vestige is, for the most part, unusable. You have to have the Craft Construct feat(Minimum 6th level, if you're going with a wizard, otherwise around 9th level of an arcane spellcasting class), have the craft homunculus class feature (Artificier 4, I think), or be a construct (meaning being a warforged, pretty much, or one of a few homebrew PC (living) construct races).

Anyways, while you're taking requests, how about a Chuck Norris vestige?

The-Mage-King
2010-12-09, 06:35 PM
How about one that let's you summon a motercycle?

And not Ghost Rider.

EdroGrimshell
2010-12-09, 06:52 PM
Just so you know, this vestige is, for the most part, unusable. You have to have the Craft Construct feat(Minimum 6th level, if you're going with a wizard, otherwise around 9th level of an arcane spellcasting class), have the craft homunculus class feature (Artificier 4, I think), or be a construct (meaning being a warforged, pretty much, or one of a few homebrew PC (living) construct races).

It was a request by Cardea for a game we're both playing in, he's playing the improved monster class for an iron golem. And the Ignore Special Requirement feat helps.

Anyways, while you're taking requests, how about a Chuck Norris vestige?

I'll get working on it. I'll make an epic vestige, just in case he peaks in on this.

How about one that let's you summon a motercycle?

And not Ghost Rider.

Refluffed horse should be rather simple. I'll make this one low level, probably level 2nd or 3rd.

LOTRfan
2010-12-09, 07:15 PM
Before I make the request, I have to ask: have you ever seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer (specifically, season 3)?

EdroGrimshell
2010-12-09, 07:30 PM
Before I make the request, I have to ask: have you ever seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer (specifically, season 3)?

Used to watch but it was sporadic, an episode here or there, never got far into it. So, yes to seen it, no to watched it

NineThePuma
2010-12-09, 07:35 PM
One that is basically Navi. =3

Complete with "Stop Helping Me" and "Most Annoying Sound"

LOTRfan
2010-12-09, 07:38 PM
Alright, then. I guess I'll ask anyway. Could you stat out the primordial demon lord Olvikan (http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Olvikan)?

Take as much creative license as you want, of course, but Olvikan is pretty much a colossal demonic snake from a time where the Earth was filled with insane nightmarish creatures.

If you do accept this, which I understand if you don't, I look forward to how you'll make him a vestige (Level 5-8, please).

On second thought, never mind. I've never made vestiges before, and it sounds like it could be a fun challenge. Thanks anyway.