PDA

View Full Version : my avatar

aart lover
2010-12-09, 10:09 PM
FINALLY got my avatar up. my character OoTS style! done by me on microsoft paint. he's a human fighter named Rogar Stonekeep. he's 7"2" with a huge sword, so yeah pretty awesome. lemme know what you think! :smallbiggrin:

Zeb The Troll
2010-12-10, 02:55 AM
Troll Patrol: Moved to a more appropriate forum.

super dark33
2010-12-10, 03:42 AM
you should make him bigger, and the whitespace smaller

Haruki-kun
2010-12-10, 10:04 AM
Since you're using a jpg, the background of the image can't be transparent. JPG doesn't handle it. PNG and GIF do.

If you're going to continue using JPG, I suggest painting the background the appropriate forum background color. That would be...

R: 240, G: 231, B: 211

Or eye-drop it. That would be easier.

licoot
2010-12-10, 02:30 PM
I think its quite good for a first avatar, but you might want to make it bigger

aart lover
2010-12-10, 05:37 PM
well thanks guys. yeah when i was making it, it looked a lot bigger than it is now. he's another exception to the " fighters are dumb" rule! and lemme tell you, i have pwned many a magic user with this guy.

Terry576
2010-12-11, 10:16 PM
Well, time for me to rain on the parade.

While it is a nice first attempt, the head is far disproportional to the body.

Besides that, the body is EXTREMELY fat for some reason, and his arms are kind of disproportional.

Also, you can't try for perspective in a STICK FIGURE. The feet should be the same size.

I do like the pants though.

Domochevsky
2010-12-12, 07:46 AM

Also, you can't try for perspective in a STICK FIGURE. The feet should be the same size.

Yes, you can. No, they shouldn't. >_>

aart lover
2010-12-12, 10:57 AM
well it is a STICK FIGURE. besides that, like i said it was done on microsoft paint, so yeah whadda you expect? can't really use sumthing better like inkscape cuz computer's too slow.

Drynwyn
2010-12-12, 11:05 AM
well thanks guys. yeah when i was making it, it looked a lot bigger than it is now. he's another exception to the " fighters are dumb" rule! and lemme tell you, i have pwned many a magic user with this guy.

Sure you have. Sure you have.

MAGIC IS SUPREMELY POWERFUL AND HAS NO WEAKNESSES!

Terry576
2010-12-12, 05:11 PM
Yes, you can. No, they shouldn't. >_>

Wait.

Crap. I'm an idiot.

...Can I pretend I said that ironically, completely ignoring my current avatar?

aart lover
2010-12-12, 10:03 PM
made some modifications 2 my avatar per the helpful critique of a few people. thanx guys!

aart lover
2010-12-12, 10:06 PM
Sure you have. Sure you have.

MAGIC IS SUPREMELY POWERFUL AND HAS NO WEAKNESSES!

a mountain of spells will eventually run out. and no matter how secure you might feel with ur fancy smancy spell slots, nothing is more comforting than cold, hard, reliable steel at ur side. all i have to do is make saving throw after saving throw until you run out of spells. then come down hard with mah greatsword.

Cealocanth
2010-12-12, 11:01 PM
Your avatar needs more motion. It's better at this larger state, but if he were in a combat stance and had the sword readied and mounted, you'd be able to fit the whole thing in there.

Also, my inner grammar policeman is screaming at me. It's hard to keep him caged for this one.

super dark33
2010-12-13, 11:35 AM
hes looking like hes watching a foe he defeated that is laying on the ground

Terry576
2010-12-13, 02:41 PM
Now my problems are far more pronounced.

Use thicker lines. MUCH THICKER LINES. OOTSatars need thick lines.

Again, head to body proportions are off.

Also, use a different shade for the pants area, to differentiate what you're wearing.

And leave the D&D "my charactor is betr than urs" out of here. It's borderline flaming, and complete OOC.

Don't worry Ceal, mine is screaming too.

CrimsonAngel
2010-12-13, 04:14 PM
Wait.

Crap. I'm an idiot.

...Can I pretend I said that ironically, completely ignoring my current avatar?
No. :smallsmile:

a mountain of spells will eventually run out. and no matter how secure you might feel with ur fancy smancy spell slots, nothing is more comforting than cold, hard, reliable steel at ur side. all i have to do is make saving throw after saving throw until you run out of spells. then come down hard with mah greatsword.

Oh please. *waits for you to get close* *obscuring mist* *acid spray* *acid spray* *Niac's cold ray* *acid spray* *summon celestial monster II* *MOAR ACID SPRAY*

But don't use fire, it makes the obscuring mist dissipate.

aart lover
2010-12-13, 08:01 PM
yeah, really don't think that'll do much to an 11th level fighter :amused:

aart lover
2010-12-13, 08:03 PM
hes looking like hes watching a foe he defeated that is laying on the ground

actually that's EXACTLY what he's doing. now that u mention it, it was WIZARD.

Mauve Shirt
2010-12-13, 08:03 PM
Head's too small, lines are too skinny.

aart lover
2010-12-13, 08:05 PM
No. :smallsmile:

Oh please. *waits for you to get close* *obscuring mist* *acid spray* *acid spray* *Niac's cold ray* *acid spray* *summon celestial monster II* *MOAR ACID SPRAY*

But don't use fire, it makes the obscuring mist dissipate.

exactly, all i have to do is throw alchemist's fire, then mop the floor with that lame spellcaster.

Domochevsky
2010-12-13, 09:12 PM
Is there a special reason you replied thrice to them egging you on? :smallconfused:

aart lover
2010-12-13, 09:15 PM
no, but i feel an obligation to answer all questions asked and to respond to anything directed to me.

Domochevsky
2010-12-14, 10:58 AM
And the edit button isn't good enough for you? :smallwink:

aart lover
2010-12-14, 05:30 PM
well i'm new and don't really know how everything works so cut me sum slack, alright?:smallsmile: