PDA

View Full Version : The Moon of Dxun, 3956BBY

DMBlackhart
2010-12-10, 03:49 PM
You've woken up inside a sort of medical facility. Lots of lights and machines. The metal table you rest on can only be described as horribly uncomfortable, but it suffices for a bed.

Outside you can hear rain, powerfully brewing much as a storm. There are no others in the room, save for a few others resting on similar beds. A suit of armor stands at the far side of the room, by a doorway. The armor looks familiar, and yet vague.

As your head clears, you look about the room. It's definately a medical facility, top notch too. A deactivated medical droid sits in the corner, near a large glass tank.

The memories come flooding back, you remember it all, how you came to be here, the ambush or crash or accident that led to you being unconscious, and now you've awoken in some unknown facility. You are on Dxun, enjoy your stay.

OoC

* The armor is mandolorian
*Apon searching your person you find that non of your previous equipment is with you. Your clothing as well as armor, tools, and weapons have all been removed. You wear a simple white or tan full body jump suit.

Mystic Muse
2010-12-10, 03:52 PM
Ah, my head, that was not fun. The Miraluka says before letting out a small laugh and a smile coming back to his face.

Now, where are my lightsabers? he says out loud before going to look for them. first in the medical bay, and then outside.

distant quasar
2010-12-10, 04:30 PM
Ungggh. Now that is painful. groans the human, sitting up on his "bed". Speaking of lightsabers he says searching for his as well.
Perception check?
[roll0]

Mystic Muse
2010-12-10, 04:57 PM
"You a jedi too? Sweet! The more the merrier!"

distant quasar
2010-12-11, 02:47 PM
Yes, I am indeed.
*Hastily rolls deception check:* [roll0] EDIT: Oh Dear...
How did you come to be here?
OOC:
I'm not trying to get into a conflict, it's just that Crandon wouldn't be stupid enough to blatantly say "nay, I am a Sith"

whoiam
2010-12-11, 03:04 PM
Epona

"Stood too close to a bomb disposal expert that was less expert than he claimed."

Epona was awake - had been for a couple of minutes, despite the closed eyes. If someone had to move first, she saw no reason why it should be her. But the less-than-convincing attempt at pretending to be a Jedi had stirred her interest.

Rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]

OOC
Thankfully, non-Jedi lightsaber user does not automatically mean Sith. Although there's a pretty good chance it does...;)

Mystic Muse
2010-12-11, 03:16 PM
apparently deception is insight in this game sooo

deception [roll0]

Hey dude, it's alright if you aren't a jedi. We won't kill you just for having a lightsaber.

whoiam
2010-12-11, 03:28 PM
OOC
No, Epona was lying as well. You see through a deception check to impart 'false information' if the result is lower than your Will Defense.

distant quasar
2010-12-11, 04:06 PM
Fair enough. I myself crashed my ship like a good pilot
Perception check (to see through deception)
[roll0]
edited after roll:
And how did everyone else get here?
EDIT:
Sorry, my bad with mixing up the decption rules.

Mystic Muse
2010-12-11, 04:29 PM
I don't even remember. I was on a ship coming here, and the next thing I knew, I was crashing. Don't remember anything else except for waking up here.

OOCOkay, same result then. I know he's lying

whoiam
2010-12-11, 04:44 PM
Epona
"Stood too close to a bomb disposal 'expert'. Honestly, I thought Jedi were supposed to be good at gathering information..."

Deception Rules Clarification

There are two basic types of deception: Visual Deception (including anything you can examine, such as a character's appearance or equipment), and Deceptive Information (involving information, naturally).

Visual Deception is calculated as an opposed roll - your deception against their perception.

Deceptive Information just has to hit the target's Will Defense.

So, as an example: Two of us are lying about how we arrived at this point. That's deceptive information, so each of us has to beat the others' will defense to be believed.

Epona's deception roll was a 20: So unless your characters have a Will Defense of 21 or higher, you believe her. Crandon's Will Defense is only 19, so Epona successfully lied to him. I haven't seen the Miraluka's sheet, so I don't know if Epona deceived him as well.

Crandon, however, rolled a 9. Since it's pretty much impossible to have a 4th level Heroic Character with a Will Defense of 9 or lower, that means Crandon's lie was pretty blatant, and almost certainly seen through by everyone present.

Madmal
2010-12-11, 04:45 PM
Nar'shinn Uor'amodo aka Rhiss

"nrum...pass it over here, Zellie...one more bottle... wait, what is Gyver doing here?" oh, crap!!!

The strange woman flings herself up in one violent outburst, tossing away any covers on her.

"Gyver, you drunken moron!!" she stops at mid-sentence, looking around the room, blinking "err, who are you, and what's the deal with those-oh, dear." She looks down and inmediately does the best she can to cover her exposed figure, with little success.

She sighs and tries to compose herself, flashing an apologetic grin ."Heeheh, a ship didn't happen to crash against anything of yours, did it?"

(OoC: Link to character sheet. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=258867) Still working on the equipment)

DMBlackhart
2010-12-11, 06:44 PM
Kyuubi - A quick sweep of the medical bay reveals little to you. three cylindrical containers sit on the far side of the room, otherwise you see no other signs of your missing equipment.
Distant Quasar - You're eyes peel the room apart inch by inch. Other then the obvious amount of medical equipment, systems, and the de-active medical droid there seems to be little else of interest. Three cylindrical containers sit at the far side of the room, still closed. Otherwise there is no sign of your missing equipment.

Everyone - The only sound in the room other then your conversation is the sound of heavy rain fall outside. A crack of thunder can be heard faintly in the distance. The only exit from this building swings open, the common place *swoosh* of the electronics disrupting the momentary pause. In walks a monstrously tall man, fully outfitted in a deep crimson shaded armor similar to that standing by the door. The man has a single, high-powered blaster hanging at his side.

Through his expressionless helmet, the figure speaks.
It is good to see you have all awoke. I saw to it that each of you received the best medical care Dxun can offer. Which is to say, not much. Now, I am sure you all have plenty of questions, each of which I will gladly refuse to answer at my interest.

Mystic Muse
2010-12-11, 07:41 PM
Jevek will search the cylinders for his equipment. If the cylinders lack the equipment, or the mandalorian doesn't let him, he'll pose the following query.

Can you tell us where our equipment is? I think everybody is feeling a bit.....exposed.

DMBlackhart
2010-12-11, 08:38 PM
Soul - The cylinders are locked.

The mandalorian responds to the question with an entirely level tone.
"Your equipment is being held for the time being. Until we have discerned your nature on this planet, and if you can be trustworthy. Mandalorian's do not show such kindness in normal circumstances, count yourselves lucky"

Mystic Muse
2010-12-11, 08:44 PM
Could we at least get some clothes? That doesn't seem like an unreasonable request. he says still smiling.

distant quasar
2010-12-12, 09:57 AM
If you don't usually show kindness, why are doing it now? Do we have something you want, or are you doing this merely out of the "goodness" of your heart? As he is saying this, he casually waves his hand in the direction of one of the cylinders, bringing it towards him.
ROLLS:
Gather Information:[roll0]
UtF (Move Light Object):[roll1]

distant quasar
2010-12-16, 12:37 PM
OOC:
Um, is this going, or has something happened that I'm not aware of?

Mystic Muse
2010-12-16, 12:56 PM
OOC
Not sure. Three people haven't really posted. I'll inform the DM to respond to you at least

whoiam
2010-12-16, 01:46 PM
Epona
"I am dressed," the Twi'Lek pointed out. The full body jump suits they had all been outfitted with were actually more concealing than her usual clothing... a thought that almost brought a smile to her face. It was quickly dismissed.

"If you have confiscated our equipment, then you have a good idea what each of us does. Which means we were not saved out of the kindness of your hearts: We were saved because our equipment suggested we posessed useful skills.

So, what could be troubling Mandalorians in such a way that they would need the aid of outsiders such as us?"

OOC
Might as well try and push it along. Doesn't seem much point in waiting for those who've yet to post, does there?

distant quasar
2010-12-16, 02:05 PM
Crandon closes his eyes, seeming to go into a sort of trance for a breif amount of time.
UtF check to Search Feelings. attempting to determine if using Force grip to smash this container until it pops its lid off will have good or bad results in the immediate future. DC15: [roll0]
OOC:
Indeed there does not.

Mystic Muse
2010-12-16, 02:19 PM
Well, if they need our help we should give it to them shouldn't we?

Feel free to check out whatever you want about me. I don't think you'll find anything bad except that I came here to search through the Sith tombs, and even then, I have a good reason.

OOC I IMed the DM. I think he'll be glad we want to continue the game

DMBlackhart
2010-12-16, 10:03 PM
The mandalorian stands resolute, having moved little more then an inch since his entrance.
"Hmm, indeed. Most of you are here for a reason, a higher purpose. Now before you go making wild assumptions know this, the mandalorian's, whether you know of us or not, are not known for weakness of any kind, and rarely kindness... OR mercy. However there are things even beyond our own power. Those things currently threaten the lively-hood of my men, and I will not stand by helplessly while such serious events continue uncontrolled. However this particular menace will take a special set of skills, skills that were so fortunate to crash land not too long ago.

The man makes a slight motion when the containers are moved, he seems to be indifferent to the jedi's actions.

OoC
I find these little spoilers cool.

On a less serious note, yes I am glad we are continuing, I would have replied sooner but it seemed as if interest dropped and then went completely dead. But as long as there's a few players I'll drag it along!

- Search Feelings Check: The future seems clouded, but you don't see any harm in the action.

Mystic Muse
2010-12-16, 11:16 PM
What kind of menace? Something big? Something with lotsa teeth? He says, the smile now absent.

distant quasar
2010-12-17, 10:20 AM
Now, if you wouldn't mind to tell us what is contained in these cylinders? And also, I don't believe you've introduced yourself. Even though you will likely already know, my name is Crandon Jax.
If as Crandon is thinking, their lightsabers are inside, he will use Move Object to activate his saber and cut through the cylinder from inside. Otherwise, Force Grip seemed to solve lots of problems for Vader.:smallcool:

DMBlackhart
2010-12-17, 01:00 PM
> Cradon
With a quick motion you are able to "connect" with the objects in the container, specifically a long rod that matches the exact weight of your own lightsaber. Even quicker then that the container is sliced in two as the lightsaber comes to life, whirling through the air, over the ruined cylinders and into your waiting palm.

"That's right, I didn't. As for the problem, lets just say it involves your kind. The jedi. At least that's what we thought at first. We mandalorian's are no strangers to the force, or the factions that wield it. The dark jedi, the ones most call "The sith" have been spotted on Dxun. One of their men alone was enough to strike down multiple of my best warriors. This isn't a thing i'm proud to admit. Our establishment on this moon is still new, if we are to survive we will need to do whatever we can to remove this threat. "

The mandalorian stops short, watching as a curious scene unfolds. Cradon gives a quick motion, slicing open the container's he recently moved towards the group. His own lightsaber comes bursting out of one of the containers, revealing a scattering of assorted goods, your equipment.

"Very good, then my beliefs were correct. Prepare yourselves, rest up, equip yourselves adiquately. In an hour I will want you to meet me in the war room."

With that the red mandalorian moves out of the door, leaving you with more questions then answers. The weather outside continues to rage, a storm so powerful it'd seem impossible anyone could survive here.

OoC-
You all get your respective gear back, ain't that quaint?

Mystic Muse
2010-12-17, 07:30 PM
So, you're not a Jedi, but you can clearly use the force and have a lightsaber. What exactly are you? Jevek says, his hands over both the triggers of his lightsabers.

distant quasar
2010-12-18, 11:03 AM
I am who I am, not what I am, and regardless it is no business of yours. I don't think it's necessary for you to know... or for you to be so anxious to draw your swords. As he says this he casually holsters his own saber and starts grabbing his equipment.
OOC:
How much should Crandon know about the other Sith on Dxun?

Mystic Muse
2010-12-18, 01:32 PM
Sounds like you're a Sith, although, it also sounds like you don't exactly follow their teachings. All I want to know is whether or not I'm going to have to worry about you stabbing me in the back or whether we should get the fight done right now. He responds.

OoC
Don't worry, I can get along with your character. Same thing happened in my last Star wars saga campaign

whoiam
2010-12-18, 02:25 PM
Epona

"Actually, you *are* what you are, as well as who you are. Whether or not it is necessary for us to know is another matter... but also, in this situation, an affirmative one. Because if you are Sith... and we are about to fight Sith... then let us say it would be a poor time to learn this on the battlefield."

OOC
I'm not exactly playing a paragon of Jedi Virtue here. But, like she said, it's kinda worrying to march off to battle against the Sith with a Sith at your side...

Edit: Sadly, I don't think I remembered to write down Epona's equipment anywhere:( Ahh, well. Back to the sourcebooks for me!

And while I'm at it, if there's one thing that struck me while browsing the application thread to see if I *had* written her equipment list down, it is this: Damn Quasar's lucky rolls!

Edit 2: Incidentally, our last proper skillmonkey hasn't posted in a week, and we're now pretty much a three Jedi party.

distant quasar
2010-12-19, 09:09 PM
Technically I am a Sith... but I've had some disagreements with my superiors. I was going to to try to hide on this moon, but apparently what with the crash and the Mandos trying to recieve our services that isn't working out to well...
I'm not telling the whole truth, but I'm not lying either do I need deception? If so:
[roll0]
OOC:
I've now realised I never posted his backstory, so here's a basic outline: Crandon was found by a Sith Lord on his homeworld, and the Lord saw potential in him, so took him to be trained. He underwent typical brutal training, and was naturally turned to the dark side quickly. Although he had natural talent for the dark side, he was too ambitious for his teachers, who were perhaps slightly afraid of how quickly he mastered new force abilities. At any rate, they eventually tryed to make him spend more time with his lightsaber and less reviewing Sith texts. He disagreed, saying that true power lay with the dark side. When he realised he would be unable to continue his studies as he would like, he took several documents and fled in a starfighter one night. His inability to program the navicomputer forced to use a slightly old entry on an astro droid, which resulted in the crash. The ancient texts were incinerated in the blast, although he hopes to find new ones on this Dxun. SO: He's still a devoted Sith , but he has disagreements with the other Sith. Savvy?

Mystic Muse
2010-12-19, 10:31 PM
I can't help but notice that you never actually mentioned whether or not you're going to kill us first chance we turn our backs to you.

distant quasar
2010-12-20, 09:30 AM
Depends. You would most likely return the favor for me, so why should I give you a guarantee without one in return?

Mystic Muse
2010-12-20, 03:18 PM
I promise that as long as you aren't a threat to us or large amounts of innocents I won't attempt to kill you.

distant quasar
2010-12-20, 03:45 PM
Very well then, I return your promise. Now that that's settled, why don't we head to this war room?

Mystic Muse
2010-12-20, 04:18 PM
Sounds good to me! he says, the smile once again on his face.

distant quasar
2010-12-30, 01:04 PM
Crandon looks at the new bed in the hospital area, noticing the skeleton clearly long vacant of life. He wordlessly heads to bed, summoning the power of the dark side to raise the skeleton again.
UTF Check to Raise DM: [roll0]

Mystic Muse
2010-12-30, 01:16 PM
DM was a bit busy with the Holidays and he's tried to post twice, but the post has been eaten by the internet twice. He said he'd try again today

distant quasar
2010-12-30, 03:19 PM
Sounds good:smallcool:

DMBlackhart
2010-12-30, 03:35 PM
I take it "Whoiam" has bailed? Regardless even if it is just the two of you left I'll continue onward. Also sorry for the delay, took about a half week to get over the holidays, then as kyuubi said Gitp has been hating on me

You make for the war-room, learning quickly what the weather of Dxun is like. The first step outside greets you with torrential winds and rains. A powerful storm threatens to knock you off your feet. Exiting the medical complex, which from the outside looks far less stable, you keep a slow but steady pace towards the war-room.

It takes time, but your finally granted access. Apon entering you are greeted by a startling silence. The only other person within the chamber is a single, strong standing mandalorian, his armor tinted red.

A thick trail of water follows where you walk, the heavy rains having clung well to your outfits.

Good, it seems you have recovered well. Please be seated, I am sure you have many questions for me.

whoiam
2010-12-30, 05:30 PM
Bailed? No. More a case of shoving this game into my 'check weekly' folder while I waited to see if you ever returned;)

"Sure, questions, questions. Question one: With us being - mostly - Jedi and you being a Mandalorian, what is the percentage chance that you won't just try and shoot us if we successfully dispose of your problem? Question two: Why should we believe the answer to Question one?

Then a diiiiiistant third - these Sith you're plagued by, do you happen to have any of the following on them: Names, Surveilance, Numbers, Tactical Information or Intelligence? Because, really, with odds of three in however-many Sith this moon holds, we could do with all the information we can get."

DMBlackhart
2010-12-30, 06:51 PM
Suspicious with a tactical mind. You'd make a great warrior, if you hadn't given yourself to witchcraft. Regardless, I have many answers.

Obviously, I can't afford to dispose of you until your mission is complete. And if you do indeed complete your mission it means you are more powerful then the small force we have gathered on this moon. That should answer your first and second.

The mandalorian motions for you all to be seated at a large, octagonal table, the center of which looks to be set up to allow holographic transmissions.

As for your third, we have plenty of information on them. More then you could review in a single day, and we need to act fast. However I will give you the short version. Their names are unknown to us. We have reports of a particularly strong force-user leading the group however.As for surveilance we have thousands of recording devices hidden in the jungles. None of our intel has managed to learn why they are here, or where exactly they are based unfortunately. However we do know a rough location. Not too far west have shown the most activity, we have determined their base of operations must be out this way. As for numbers, you are looking at a small army. Perhaps hundreds.

distant quasar
2010-12-31, 12:47 PM
And you expect us to stand against an army of hundreds? Surely you would know that is absurd. Therefore you either have a plan for us to begin with, or you expect us to be capable of making a sufficient plan ourselves without any good tactical information. As you have already said, we cannot review what you know in detail without taking longer than you can afford us to take.
Don't we all love force-user only parties? They're so capable, yet at the same time so incapable...