PDA

View Full Version : The Ruined City of WinterHearth [Town]



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 10:57 AM
Winterhearth is a city deep in the north, in a frostfell known as the Arctic Circle. Roughly a twelve day journey on foot, the city is a mining town.

The buildings are sculpted into the living glacier upon which the city sits, and icy steps climb up the sides of the ice. The most common form of transit to WinterHearth is by Air. Via WinterHearth Glider or other means.

Winterhearth miners are Glacier Dwarves, and they mine precious minerals as well as certain forms of Ice from the depths of the Glacier.

[This city is only accessable via airship or a considerable walk, as it is magically shielded from teleports into it by any means. Teleporting out is a different story but the closest you can get by teleporting in is two days away.]
_____________________________________________

This Thread was set up as part of an Ongoing quest to save the Temple of Inari from debt.


Acolytes:
I am Akira (male)
I am Etsuko (female)
I am Izumi (female)

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 10:59 AM
Earin begins searching town for a building that would be suitable for their opperations.
((Gather info- I'll take a ten for a total of 17. Should take me a bit.))

Fenric
2006-08-17, 11:01 AM
*Takumi finds the buildings near the cemetary, and starts poking around. Many of them are a long way gone, and finding a sound one proves a challenge*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 11:01 AM
[actually... you'd just need a suitable spot :P Cause there are "For Sale" signs up in the "dead" sector as well as several in the market that are unused but "For RENT"]

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 11:07 AM
((I see.))
Earin learns the location of the sector that Alruane suggested and begins scouting it with Takumi. ((I'll assume that his gathering info merely leads him to one of the better areas to look for it.))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 11:08 AM
[Agreed... Roll spot :P]

Alraune comes across a smithing supply store and grins. He quickly purchases a set of Blue Ice Smithing Tools for 100 GP (A reasonable rate)

[499,330 gp]
[- 100 gp]
[----------------]
[499,230 gp]

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 11:10 AM
((Spot? Fun ;D
Eek, rolled a four1d20=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=567339), but added my 23, so 27 total.))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 11:14 AM
[You find several buildings with "For Sale" upon them. Three of them were once great forges, but have fallen into decay, however one such building is in good order, and it happens to have been an IRON forge. it occurs to you that 'It could easily be converted']

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 11:16 AM
((K, that works.))
Earin examines the iron forge building more closely, inspecting it for any unsavory and special aspects.
((Search check? Appraise check? Spot check? Your call.))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 11:17 AM
[Search check :P]

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 11:18 AM
((K))
1d20+17=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=567348)

Fenric
2006-08-17, 11:21 AM
(( Spot: 1d20+4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=567346) = 20

I need to figure out these Skill things, but Takumi probably didn't take Spot since he's a bad accountat ))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 11:40 AM
Alraune's stone glows and the voice of Aikidu is heard.
How are you guys doing over there?

Pretty well... I've sent Takumi and Earin to find the building, and the acolytes are off to find the blue ice supplier. replies Alraune, before letting the stone fall again.

[Earin sees a fissure in one of the walls. The hearth itself is made of stone and the outside of it is coated in blue ice tiles. It is rather beautiful to behold. One of the tiles has fallen off and clanged against the floor several days ago by the looks of it.

Takumi also spots the tile]

Fenric
2006-08-17, 11:40 AM
(( I assume bargaining falls under Diplomacy? *None of them have meaningful ranks in it

Check Rolls (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=567404) ))

*Akira (CHA 11, rolled a 9) walks into a shop, and says*

What's your best price on Blue Ice?

[hr]*Etsuko (CHA 20, rolled 18 ) sashays into a shop, looks at various things, talks about the weather, the condition of airships, and compliments the shopkeeper on his clean store, before finally inquiring about a major bulk Blue Ice purchase with the possibility of a contract*

[hr]*Izumi (CHA 16, rolled 21) comes into the shop, only to find a lonely young elf whom she promptly flirts with. *She makes smalltalk for a time before finally "remembering" why she's there and talking very seriously about the plight of her poor temple and how much help the shopkeeper could be, and how much she would appreciate it*

[hr]*Takumi nudges Earin and points at the tile*

What do you think that is?

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 11:41 AM
((Ah well, it can be patched.))
Earin goes and checks the 'For Sale' sign to find details of who is selling it.

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 11:48 AM
The first shopkeeper looks the man up and down and chuckles. For you? Uhh... 60 PP a tonne[or however many PP = 600 Gp :P]
------------------------------------------
The second shopkeeper smiles warmly and says, with a chuckle. We don't sell Blue Ice here.
------------------------------------------
The THIRD shopkeeper promptly kisses the lady's paw and looks up at her, rather charmingly, to say, For you madame, and your poor temple's plight, I hoffer hthree hundhred gold pieces per tonne of mahteriel. said in an accent that anyone in the modern day would mistake for "enrique Eglesias" [however that's spelled]

The sign reads: Contact Mayor Atrema for details.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 11:53 AM
Earin waves over Takumi.
"Think this one will work? Or should we decide after we hear the Mayor's asking price?"

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 11:54 AM
[It occurs that an hour is about to pass.]

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 11:57 AM
((Is there something bad about that? The apocolypse coming or something? I wouldn't want to be caught outside in that :P))

Fenric
2006-08-17, 11:58 AM
(( We're supposed to meet in an hour and half ))

*Takumi thinks about this moment*

I think it will work, but we should probably find out how much he wants. *It's going to need repairs, and mayors aren't always known for their realistic valuations.

[hr]*Akira grunts out "Thanks, I'll let you know", and walks out*

[hr]*Etsuko bows politely and excuses herself. *"Your pardon, I won't take any more of your time", and also walks out*

[hr]*Izumi grins and giggles and tells him what a delightful man he is and how thrilled she is that he is willing to help out. *She has to go and get the people with the money, but he can be sure he'll see her again soon*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 12:00 PM
Alraune nods and claps his paws together. Alright, everyone, we meet at the citadel main steps in one hour.

Alraune is tapping his foot on the steps outside the citadel, a wooden case with smithing gear standing beside him.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 12:01 PM
((Oh. Whoops. I knew that.))
Earin considers.
"Should we go back, or should one of us return while the other negotiates a price with the mayor?"

Fenric
2006-08-17, 12:05 PM
Let's go meet Alraune first. *The mayor is probably in the citadel, anyway.

[hr]*The acolytes arrive at the citadel, and walk up to Alraune, giving him the prices they found (or didn't find, in the one case)*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 12:06 PM
Alraune seems to somwhat beam. Excellent work, all of you. he says with a grin.

[actualy, the MAYOR'S office is in town hall -.-]

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 12:08 PM
((Ah, whatever. I'll return with Takumi.))
Earin swiftly runs back to the citadel.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 12:13 PM
(( This is the fool who mangled the temple accounts, remember. *Really low Int, decently high Wis - fun combination ))

*Takumi arrives at the citadel slightly behind Earin*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 12:19 PM
Alraune, seeing the two approaching, speaks into the pendant again. Hello? Aikidu? Do you have someone handy to write this down?

Yeah, we're getting Valanthe on it as we speak. What's up?

Three hundred GP per tonne for fifteen tonnes comes out to 4500 GP out of my 499,330 which will go into the temple's assets as of now. one hundred GP more for the smithing tools.

so:
499,330
- 4,500
- 100
------------
494,730 GP remaining?

Yes

He lets the pendant back to his chest and says, to the two, What did you find?

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 12:21 PM
Earin reports.
"We found an older iron forge, Alruane. I think it could be converted for our purposes. However, it might not go cheap, its being sold by the Mayor."

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 12:23 PM
Alraune nods and chuckles a bit. Did I tell you why exactly I chose this city?

The mayor is an old friend of mine. She's reasonable and fair, but the power could have gotten to her.

He sighs a bit. We should head to the Mayor's Office. Could you three take care of those tools for us? he says.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 12:25 PM
Yes.
We'd be happy to.
Where do we put them

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 12:26 PM
Just watch them for us, we'll be stowing them in the forge by noon. and with that starts to head off to the City Hall.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 12:28 PM
*The acolytes nod and sit down around and on the crates.

Takumi follows Alraune*

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 12:29 PM
Earin follows, his cape whipping as he turns.
((It is all crazy frosty and windy here right?))
((V: Noted and edited.))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 12:29 PM
[no :P It's calm, but there is a light snow falling from above.]

Alraune arrives at city hall and steps in to see a receptionist. She smiles and says, Do you have an appointment?

No... but we're here to inquire about the buildings for sale down in the "dead" sector.

Oh! We renamed that sector the IceForge Sector three years back.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 12:32 PM
*Takumi follows inside, looking around at the building*

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 12:35 PM
Earin quietly takes in his surroundings and the receptionist's comments.

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 12:40 PM
Please, just tell the Mayor Alraune needs to speak with her.

Alright...

She disappears behind an ice door, opaque with the word "mayor's office" carved into it. Some shouting is heard, nothing intelligible, and she reappears with another woman, tall and lean. [with charisma 23]

I heard my dead fri--... she trails off.

Hello Atrema. Long time no brawl. says Alraune, casually.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 12:45 PM
*Takumi arches an eyebrow, but says nothing*

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 12:45 PM
Earin raises a single eyebrow at the Mayoress and Alraune's greeting, but says nothing.
((OMG! We're twins! *Runs away screaming*))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 12:54 PM
[lol]

The mayor shakes her head and chuckles. I hear you're inquiring about the old forges in the Cemetey District?

Yes... the old Iron Forge to be exact. explains Aura.

I won't let it go for less than a hundred thousand.

A hundred thousand? That low eh? he says sarcastically.

Any less and I'd be giving it away.

Fine... A hundred thousand it is...

[494,730]
[-100,000]
[------------]
[394,730]

[we're actually not doing badly.]

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 12:55 PM
((I hope so...))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 12:57 PM
[considering the remaining money is to be sent to the temple :P after we get the forge to the appropriate heat :P with fuel.

Speaking of fuel... Burb! FOOD!

Back! :P]

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:10 PM
Alraune nods and pays the woman immediately. She gives him a "deed" to the forge and chuckles. Good luck.

Like I have EVER believed in luck. scoffs Alraune, before nodding and saying, Let's take leave of here. We have a forge to start up.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 01:13 PM
*Takumi follows after Alarune*

(( V I like it a lot. I will put my own back eventually, but I have some tweaks to do to make the clothes right first. ))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:14 PM
[I'm rather proud of that Avatar, Fenric :P]

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 01:16 PM
Earin follows as well, after bowing to the Mayoress.
((You have a very distinct art style, I'm not sure what to make of it, but I really like the overall effect.))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:18 PM
[would you care for one? I need something to randomly DO while waiting for people to return posts.]

Alraune returns to the citadel and says, Alright, Akira, Etsuko, please bring the boxes to the forge, you two lead the way, he motions to Takumi and Earin.

Izumi and I are going to meet with our supplier.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 01:20 PM
((I will continue to use my avatar, but I won't say no to a custom one. Maybe I'll make space in my sig for it.))
Earin heads off towards the forge, taking a load of the tools as he does so.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 01:20 PM
*Takumi grabs a box and heads toward the forge, while Izumi follows Alraune with a light giggle*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:20 PM
[Heh, kk. I'll need to know what your "holy Symbol" is... if anything.]

Alraune looks at Izumi and chuckles. What's so funny?

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 01:22 PM
((Are you refering to his cloak clasp? Thats actually a locket from his former fiance Elya... ))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:23 PM
[no... The symbols in the backgrounds are the holy symbols, on the right is Grworll and on the left is Hleid. I need a basic description of a symbol to put behind him, unless you'd just like it Sans symbol.]

Fenric
2006-08-17, 01:25 PM
*Izumi smiles*

The merchant is rather enamoured of me. And I think he's kinda cute, too...

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:26 PM
Alraune chuckles and nods, I can understand that... So, where is this shop? asks the warlock, brushing back his snow white hair.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 01:28 PM
((Oh, gotcha. Hrmm... He doesn't really have a god, he kinda lost faith in them. Inari fits the best, since she brought him back. In fact, he probably holds her in quite high regard now.))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:28 PM
[Alright :P and he's human right?]

Fenric
2006-08-17, 01:29 PM
It's over here.

*Izumi leads the way back to the shop she was at earlier*

Helllooooo-oooo.... I'm baa-aaaack. And I've brought my purse this time.. I mean, the priest Alraune.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 01:29 PM
((Technically he's an Elan, but he looks more human than most of them, so yeah.))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:35 PM
Alraune looks in and smiles.

The man smiles aswell and says in his thick accent. As hI was sayhing to the bheautiful lady. My price is three Hundhred Gold Pieces per tonne.

Alraune hands him 4,500 Gp and smirks. We need fifteen tonnes, five to be delivered to the iceforge district and ten to be delivered to the Airship over the Citadel.

The man beams and says, with a grin, Chan I ahssume hyou whant a contract?

Alraune smirks. Yes... you can.

The two speak at length and sort out a contract which comes to nine-thousand GP per month for a delivery of thirty tonnes of Blue Ice, to be delivered in fifteen tonne lots twice a month.

Alraune shakes the man's hand on the deal and smiles. I look forward to future dealings mister...

Chall mhe... Harohld. in the outrageous accent again.

[I LOVE that accent :P it's so... amusing...]

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 01:38 PM
((You should hear the true redneck drawl, now that's funny.))

Fenric
2006-08-17, 01:42 PM
(( I'll stack an awful Texan against your Georgia rednecks ;) ))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:44 PM
[I see your texan and raise you several hundred uses of the word "EH!"]

Alraune promptly exits the shop and heads immediately to the forge, or at least the forge district.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 01:46 PM
((Weeeeeelll, I reckin I kin ma-atch that. Jest don' go inny higher ya heer me?))
Earin begins setting up the forge a little, though he isn't entirely sure about the setup that is needed.

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:49 PM
Alraune arrives at the forge district and isn't sure which forge is theirs.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 01:50 PM
((Whoops. Hang on.))
As part of his setup process, Earin put a sold banner across the for sale sign.
((That should narrow it down.))

Fenric
2006-08-17, 01:51 PM
*Izumi lingers behind to flirt with the shopowner*

[hr]
*Takumi and the others are busily unpacking crates*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 01:53 PM
Alraune, after spotting the banner [let's just take a twenty :P] walks into the shop and smiles. This is a GREAT find guys. I'm impressed!

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 01:54 PM
"Glad you like it." Earin says, attempting to find some tools to patch the wall fissure.
"The hell with it." He says, and prepares to seal it shut with ectoplasm.

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:08 PM
Alraune blinks and glances at the hole. He looks at Earin and says, We're in a building made of ice... use water.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 02:09 PM
*Izumi comes in, carrying a forging hammer*

He's such a nice man. He gave me this hammer and said it would help with the forging

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 02:12 PM
(@ Alraune)"You have a point."
He sorts through his backpack and withdraws a simple wand.
"This should work."
He takes the wand and shakes it at the fissure, while turning his head away it. Water cascades over the crack, and he turns his head and untenses.

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:13 PM
Alraune looks the hammer over and grins. See those racks over there? Could you and the other acolytes arrange the tools in these boxes by size and type. Tongs first, then hammers, dies, and pikes.

Alraune pulls several vials from his pouch and places them on a rack near the door. These are bottles of Freeze powder and Melt powder, as well as Razor Ice Powder. Useful little things... but still. Stay away from the razor ice, as it is very very sharp when used.

He looks at the forge and notices the tile. He picks it up with a smirk and angles it towards Takumi. This is what we came to get. This is Blue Ice. Here, catch. he tosses the tile gently to Takumi.

When caught the tile weighs about half as much as an equal sized tile of iron would, and it's also extremely cool to the touch.

It's also about two inches by two inches.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 02:19 PM
*The acolytes get right to the task of sorting the tools and placing them in the racks.

Takumi catches the tile, then almost drops it in surprise*

That's cold! Even with fur I wish I had gloves.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 02:19 PM
Earin stows away his wand.
"Should I sort tools, or do you have something else in mind?"

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:20 PM
Alraune chuckles and nods. The first rule of forging Blue ice is you need gloves, even AFTER it's cooled, well, unless you've got a cold resistence. Hand me that bag please.

He points to a bag marked "fuel"

Fenric
2006-08-17, 02:22 PM
*Takumi hands Alraune the bag of fuel*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:24 PM
Alraune empties the bag into the hearth and sighs. Now for something to light it... Earin... do you have any ideas?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/Earinfull.png
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/Earinfull.png

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/Earin1.png
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/Earin1.png

[done! -smirk- I just realized how thin he is... o.O I think i'm going to edit that. The links will stay the same though :P]

Fenric
2006-08-17, 02:27 PM
(( I know what your drawings remind me of - Namco "Tales" series characters. Have you ever drawn Kratos? ))

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 02:28 PM
((Pretty nifty. Sig shiftin' time!))
Earin concetrates, but nothing seems to happen at first. Slowly, smoke begins to rise from the fuel, then flames. A merry blaze eventually rises.
((Matter Agitation. Such a fun spell. Melt ice, start fires, mess with someone's face...))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:31 PM
[-snicker-]

Thank you! the fire grows in intensity quickly and the entire forge gets a few degrees warmer.

We need to make sure the forge itself doesn't melt over us, so the freeze powder will come in handy. If you spot a drop of water, toss freeze powder up at it to refreeze it.

Alraune slowly taps the blue ice lain forge and sighs. Now we just need to wait for our delivery. Careful not to get any powder in your eyes, and for gods sake don't swallow it.

[@ Fenric: Nope]

It's only a temporary measure until we can line the forge with blue ice...

It is now that he notices the fundamental flaw of the forge, only three walls and the ceiling have blue ice tiles. The floor, of course, is stone.

Hmm... oh bollocks...

[I've ALWAYS wanted to say that :P]

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 02:36 PM
Earin looks about.
"So where does everyone get this ice in the first place?"

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:37 PM
Alraune looks down and snickers. The mines are deep inside the glacier. They melt away the normal ice to harvest the blue ice. It is a dangerous form of mining which is why I've opted to buy the ice instead of mine it.

Something strikes him immediately and he gasps We should buy some wares to send back to the temple. Just to help alleviate the debt sooner.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 02:41 PM
Earin thinks for a moment.
"What is readily available for buying around here? Furs?"

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:41 PM
Alraune gasps and glares. I meant Blue Ice wares.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 02:43 PM
Earin thinks about what he just said and cringes.
"I didn't mean it like that... sorry..."

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:45 PM
Alraune pats down his chainmail and nods. It's alright... Things like Goblets, Tiles, Armours, Weapons, and the like. Anything you could make Iron out of really. Nails for fastening blue ice tiles in place can be found aswell.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 02:46 PM
Earin nods meekly.
"Should we get some Blue Ice flooring for the forge?"

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:49 PM
Alraune chuckles and shakes his head, kneeling down and lifting one of the stones with a bit of effort. The stones are here merely for our walking pleasure. There are tiles underneath.

[blue ice is still ice, and as such it is slippery.]

Fenric
2006-08-17, 02:49 PM
*Takumi looks at Earin, then nods about buying a load of pre-made goods to send back right away*

That is a good idea.

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:51 PM
Alraune nods and smirks And when we start to forge it, first thing we're doing is covering that MELTING wall with tiles.

Alraune points at the wall and smirks. Would either of you like to do the honours?

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 02:53 PM
((Crap, work calls, be back in about half an hour.))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:53 PM
[Alright]

Fenric
2006-08-17, 02:53 PM
(( putting tiles on the wall? ))

*Takumi volunteers*

I know how to lay tile, I can start that

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:54 PM
[I mean using the freeze powder.]

We don't even have the raw material yet.

There is a bell rung outside.

Hi have jour hice!

Fenric
2006-08-17, 02:56 PM
*Takumi makes a silent "oh" and gets the jar of freeze powder. *He goes on "errant melting" patrol*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 02:57 PM
Alraune snickers and shakes his head. Come along, Acolytes. We must lug the ice into the storage room in back of the forge.

He steps outside,nods, and collects the ice with a grin, lugging it into the iceforge with a growl of effort.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 03:11 PM
*The three acolytes each start hauling ice. (Racial STR for werefoxes was 18(76), which is 21 according to the conversion guide)

Takumi toeses ice powder whenever things start to be melting*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 03:16 PM
Alright. Izumi, can I trust you with money? you need to go back to the man's shop and buy some blue ice wares. Get a suit of breastplate, a chain shirt, a shield, a longsword and an axe, as well as several goblets and a do-it-yourself blue-ice tilesetting kit, Okay?

Alraune's necklace speaks again, and Aikidu's voice comes through. Also get a few bowls, and a blank pendant. OH! And some boxes made from blue ice.

Alright, do you have that?

He makes sure she has the list before he sends her off with fifty thousand GP. Akira, please go with her.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 03:20 PM
*Izumi winks at Alraune*

I bet I don't need that much

*Izumi and Akira head out to the shop*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 03:26 PM
Alraune snickers and shakes his head. For the PlateMail it'll be an additional 5000 at the prices I observed, The chainmail will be 690 additional. the shield will be 700 additional, and the rest will come to about 20,000 in total. That's 28390 which gives her 21610 left that I expect to get at least 20k back out of.

Alraune sets to work at the forge almost immediately with Etsuko, teaching him how to forge Blue Ice.

First... let's start with a Symbol to Inari. We'd need a mould for it, right?

[could somebody who OWNS a PHB tell me what these armours cost normally?]

Fenric
2006-08-17, 03:29 PM
( 2nd ed prices ok? That's all I have ))

*Takumi nods from over by the wall*

Should have thought of that. *The sanctified molds are back at the temple... * I suppose we shouldn't remove the official ones, though. *I could put a temporary blessing on these, I suppose.

Wukei
2006-08-17, 03:31 PM
(Actually, I can one up Fenric:

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/equipment.htm

This has charts that shows weapons and their prices.)

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 03:40 PM
6,500 for the full plate, 790 for the chain shirt, 720 for the shield. 425 for the longsword 420 for the axe

Alraune grumbles a bit and nods, before taking a couple stray lumps of blue ice and tossing them into a melting cup, spouted. He slowly places the cup over the fire using a pair of tongs and says, with a chuckle. First things first, if you let it get too hot it'll vaporize and become useless. For this demonstration I'll just make some tiles instead. Lay the mold on the ground beside me.
[he motions to a mold made of Steel and slowly lets the ice melt.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 03:44 PM
*Izumi and Akira come to the shop*

Hello again, sweetie. I need to pick up a couple of things so the folks back home can see how nice blue ice is. If you could help us out with a couple of samples, there's a good chance we'll be able to sell more - which means we can buy more from you, darling.

*Akira looks around the shop at the various items for sale*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 03:47 PM
[Harold's shop]
The shopkeeper smiles and looks warmly at Akira. Whell, what is hit you'd like to purchAse?

[The Iceforge]
[Can we just assume Alraune is explaining as he is forging? Cause I'll be BSing my way through it if I try...]

Fenric
2006-08-17, 03:52 PM
(( Fine with me ))

*Izumi flashes him a winning smile and tells him the list, with various endearments, flirtatious turns of phrase, and even a double entendre just for fun. *As she finishes up, a set of blue-ice animal figurines catch her eye*

And those. *What do you think you can do for us with that set?

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 03:56 PM
The man smirks and glances over at them. Ho these hold things? Hi've had these fhor hages. I could sell them too jhou for ha thousand GP.

The figurines are dazzling to say the least, and there are thirty-five of them of varying sizes. Three of which are foxes, a mother and two kits.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 03:57 PM
*Izumi flashes a blinding smile*

Aren't you just a dear? *So how much are we looking at for the entire package, hon?

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:05 PM
[Harold's Shop]
6,500 for the full plate, 790 for the chain shirt, 720 for the shieldm 425 for the longsword and 420 for the axe. 20,000 for the other impliments and a thousand for the figurines comes to 29855 in grand total. <Insert Outrageous Accent Here> says Harold with a smirk.

[The IceForge]
Alraune pours the tiles into the mould and instantly drops a two-inch by two-inch separator grid over top. This effectively makes 40 square tiles, each one 2"x2"x.5"
And done... When we manage to get a proper mould for Inari Symbols they're made in much the same way.

He lets the ice cool.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 04:07 PM
((Whoa, video conferencing is not as simple as it seems. Sorry for the delay, guys.))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:07 PM
[Welcome Back!]

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:13 PM
[Alraune's Account is currently sitting at: 494,730 - 29855 = 464,875 gp]

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 04:13 PM
((Hmm... I'll assume you guys put me to work doing something. What'll it be?))

Fenric
2006-08-17, 04:13 PM
(( Heya, Earin ))

( Harold's Shop )

*Izumi beams and bows politely*

It's a deal, sweetie. Let's get it wrapped up.

( Ice Forge )

*Takumi watches carefully and nods as Alraune makes the tiles. He notices a melting spot and puts the powder on it.*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:16 PM
[Harolds Shop]
The Items are packed neatly in four crates and the figurines are set into a display case and set atop said crates. The entire lot is put on a trolley.

You have a nice day now.

[IceForge]
Alraune roughly wrenches the grid out and the tiles jump a bit but stay in place. He smirks. Alright, We just need to make some nails and we'll be set.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 04:19 PM
( Harold's Shop )

*Izumi pays Harlod, then hefts two crates. Akira hefts the other two, and they head back to the forge*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:21 PM
After a similar moulding experience, but this time with nails, Alraune shakes free the 160 nails with a grin. Hey Takumi? Feel like starting on that wall?

Fenric
2006-08-17, 04:24 PM
*Takumi nods*

Yes. Anything but endlessly sprinklling this blasted powder *sneeze*

*Izumi and Akira come in carrying four heavy crates*

Here's the stuff. Came in a hair under 30K

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 04:26 PM
Earin gestures to the crates. "Are we going to send these back by airship, or does someone have a more convenient method?"

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:26 PM
Alraune nods and chuckles. Alright, Takumi, set to work on the tiles, Akira, Izumi, work with Etsuko here. He should be able to show you how to forge the ice. If you need a paw hollar. I've gotta send the- ooh. How much did the figurines cost?

Fenric
2006-08-17, 04:29 PM
*Izumi smiles*

They were one thousand as a set

*Takumi starts hanging tiles on the wall*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:31 PM
Alraune grins and chuckles. Good find. Alright... I'm going to prepare these for teleportation. You can teleport out of the city, but not back in. Unfortunately this means somebody is going to have to go back to the temple. he glances around.

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 04:32 PM
Earin shakes his head.
"I would, but I believe I'm supposed to stay with you through this."

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:34 PM
Alraune nods [actually... can you direct a greater teleportation spell?]

Fenric
2006-08-17, 04:39 PM
(( The priest one doesn't say so. I've always played that you could send stuff without going yourself. *shrug* ))

AmberVael
2006-08-17, 04:40 PM
((GAH! I have to leave AGAIN! See you guys sometime. Hopefully today.))

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:41 PM
[Oh, in that case...]

Alraune simply sets up the wares to look nice for now. I'll send them when my "knowledge:Decorating" decides they look nice.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 04:44 PM
*Takumi looks over to see the blue ice ware as he rapidly hangs tiles.

The three acolytes get done with their first batch of tiles. The tiles aren't quite of even thickness*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:46 PM
Alraune glances back at the tiles and smirks. That's pretty good. My first time the tiles decided they wanted to be lopsided, they were up to an inch thick in some places. Just find a spot where they are level and pour the ice in, then wait a couple seconds and jam that screen in.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 04:54 PM
*The acolytes sigh and try again. Takumi has five complete rows of tile up, neat and square*

They get easier as you go up. Well... up to a point, anyway.

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:55 PM
Alraune snickers and returns to setting the samples.

Fenric
2006-08-17, 04:56 PM
*The next tray of tiles are not square, as the grid was put in crooked. The third tray are pretty close, though. Takumi finishes up another row.*

Aikifox
2006-08-17, 04:58 PM
Alraune sighs softly This'll take me a couple hours. [In reality I have to go for a little while.]

Fenric
2006-08-17, 05:02 PM
(( Looking at the time, me too. *And I'm not sure I'll even be back tonight ))

[hr]Back a little bit, anyway.

*Takumi continues to put up tiles while the acolytes become reasonably proficient at making them, and making nails.*
[hr]
*After dinner, Takumi and the acolytes finish up the wall and a good pile of tiles and nails. They change into foxes and sleep curled up in a fuzzy heap to stay warm*

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 10:50 AM
Alraune exclaims with a loud AHAH! and smiles happily.

His design mastery, having perfected the goblets, he grins warmly.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/BlueIceGoblets.png
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/BlueIceGoblets.png

Fenric
2006-08-18, 10:53 AM
*The loud Aha! wakes up the pile of sleeping foxes with a start. They promptly squirm and squabble as they try to get untangled and sorted out. They are soon blinking, stretching, and yawning widely*

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 11:01 AM
Alraune, oblivious to this, sets up the suit of platemail behind the twenty or so goblets and sets the tiles in their wooden box so that three or four are spilling out, showing the texture.

He grins and says, triumphantly, after arranging the figurines appropriately and lying out the chain shirt, It is finished!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/BlueIceArmour.png
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/BlueIceArmour.png
[I've never done a suit of armour in oots style this complex before.]

Murky_Pool
2006-08-18, 11:06 AM
((Wow, that's an EVIL looking set of armour. While I'm butting in, I'll say that I'm loving this story. I do enjoy a resource management game))

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 11:06 AM
[why thanks! Oh by the way... I owe you a stabbity death]

Fenric
2006-08-18, 11:07 AM
*The foxes blur and shift into Takumi and the three acolytes*

Wow! Very nice work, Alraune

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 11:13 AM
Aura nods and smiles. Now... to send them off. Everyone stand back.

[Hehe... scrolls, the original point and click inter... wait... or was that wands?]

He pulls a scroll from his belt and unfurls it activating the spell in the manner described.

The objects disappear.

There was a note lying on top of one of the tiles.

Fenric
2006-08-18, 11:18 AM
(( Yeah, that would be wands. Scrolls are the old document-based sort ))

*The three acolytes gasp a bit. Takumi nods*

Great! Well, the wall is finished. What's next?

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 11:25 AM
Alraune shows the acolytes how to properly smith the blue ice and makes a small bowl for show.

Practice this, and if you'd like, try for something more advanced.

Fenric
2006-08-18, 11:29 AM
*Takumi and the acolytes nod and find positions around the forge to start practicing*

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 12:05 PM
((Back from classes, I've got about 4 hours.))
Earin watches the acolytes smith for a bit, and then begins to attempt it himself.

Fenric
2006-08-18, 12:20 PM
*Takumi looks over at Earin*

How are things with you, Earin? *Sleep well?

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 12:24 PM
Earin seems fixated on the bowl he is crafting, as if he is meditating while he makes it. However, he answers Takumi, though in a rather monotone voice.
"My dreams were troubled, but that is to be expected now."

Fenric
2006-08-18, 01:15 PM
*Takumi finishes a badly misshapen bowl, then nods sympathetically*

Yes, that is to be expected. They will fade in time, but a painful past is a thorn. The question is: does it prick you on to greatness, or deflate you?

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 01:17 PM
Earin crafts his bowl, mulling over the presumably rhetorical question in silence. His bowl is utterly simple, but is not majorly flawed in any way, though it is slightly misshapen.

Fenric
2006-08-18, 05:47 PM
*Izumi has now made several flawless bowls, and started on a pair of goblets. Akira has yet to make a bowl that can sit straight. Etsuko has almost finished one good bowl.

Takumi gave up some time ago and has made more tiles and nails the rest of the day.*

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 05:56 PM
Earin looks at his mishapen bowl in frustration. His eyes glow a little and the bowl reshapes itself into a perfectly round bowl.
Satisfied, he sets it aside and begins on another bowl. His eyes glow brighter with blue energy as he crafts it, and his hands work unerringly. The resulting piece is stunningly beautiful, carved with images of Inari and her priests.
((Natural 20, +8 int and +20 ranks in craft (whatever blue ice bowls fall under). He used psychic reformation, but since he has his cool rod, his experience loss is negated. The DC 48 crafted bowl is kickass...))

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 07:21 PM
[It'd be Craft: Smithing]

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 07:23 PM
((Ok. I am now a very good smith. Do you know just how handy psychic reformation and a rod of excellent psionics is? Any feat and any skill at your command. Ah...))
Earin continues smithing bowls, though none of them are quite as marvelous as the first.

Fenric
2006-08-18, 07:26 PM
*Izumi now has a set of plain goblets, and one with minor (and vaguely uneven) fluting. Etsuko has several good bowls and is trying a goblet. Akira is still trying to make a bowl that isn't lop-sided.

Takumi now has one good bowl, having tired of nails and tiles*

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 08:15 PM
Alraune, looking over the work, is wholly impressed. Does anyone have experience in making moulds?

[Craft: Moulding anybody?]

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 08:18 PM
Earin flashes a cocky grin.
"Not yet... but if you'll wait a moment."
He meditates, and glows with psionic power, his normal signature blue.
His eyes open, and a few stray whisps of blue smoke come out of them.
"What exactly do you need made?"

Fenric
2006-08-18, 08:18 PM
*Takumi nods*

I made the holy symbol moulds now in use at the temple

*he sees Earin's display, and looks at the magnificent bowl*

Although nicer ones would be good...

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 08:21 PM
Alraune nods and looks at Takumi. I'd like another mould like the ones at the temple. Would you be abject to making one for my goddess aswell, however? he looks hopeful.

He glances over at Earin and shakes his head, Or you could do it.

Fenric
2006-08-18, 08:25 PM
We could take one each.

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 08:26 PM
Earin nods.
"I will oblige. And you worship whom?"

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 08:35 PM
Alraune blinks and nods, unclipping the tag from his collar. The tag is his holy symbol and it is the symbol of Hleid. It is a ragged triangle with a vortex of blue. [as per his background symbol :P]

I worship the Rimefire Goddess of Uldra, Hleid.

He turns to Takumi If you both did holy symbol moulds it would be quicker. We could start pouring them as soon as they're done. Just, don't use clay.

Fenric
2006-08-18, 08:40 PM
*Takumi chuckles*

I use the lost-wax technique. The mould itself can be whatever material you want in the end, but clay is an intermediate step no matter what.

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 08:40 PM
((Clay is for runescape!))
Earin nods and takes a suitable material (metal I presume? Or would that not work for blue ice?) and begins shaping a mold in the shape of Hleid.

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 08:41 PM
Alraune nods and says, with a cough. The mold can't be clay as it would crack easily from the heated ice turning to cold ice. Stell, however, is preferable.

Fenric
2006-08-18, 08:46 PM
(( Lost wax is a four step process:

Make the image you want in wax

Coat it in clay, and fire it - the wax runs out.

Pour molten steel in the mould to make a hard image - break the clay off

Use the image in a sand-press to make a one-shot mould. Very fine "sand", usually of aluminium oxide pressed under very high pressure.

Pour the final material into the sand mould. Break the sand off and reuse it. ))

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 08:50 PM
((I know that technique! My father has used it before. He's a crazy artsy type person. Crazy as in crazy good.))

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 08:52 PM
[I know the method aswell :P However you see fit to making the moulds. Steel would be preferable for moulding purposes, but we'd need to find steel first right? :P]

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 08:55 PM
((Oh. I assumed we had some. Well, in that case we'll simply use a wand of create items from my disguise kit. I really should show people that list of stuff sometime. I thought of nearly everything wwhen I made his disguise kit.))

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 08:56 PM
[-rolls eyes-]

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 08:59 PM
((Well hey, that was the focus of his entire training. He was the Face Ninja, the man who hid himself by becoming someone else.))

Fenric
2006-08-18, 09:01 PM
(( Seems we all know how to mould things :) I'm sure we have some unneeded steel daggers and such that got carried along by force of habit. ))

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 09:05 PM
[well... if I felt like It I could part with my chain shirt :P it's Mithril but... i'd need to make some Blue Ice Chainshirt to compensate :P PLUS you'd get to see his huge "Mark of Hleid" birthmark, it's on his chest and it's like... the size of a deltoid, which are muscles in the back :P]

Fenric
2006-08-18, 09:07 PM
(( Behold the chaotic adventurers, who forget to bring important supplies :) ))

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 09:09 PM
[Not really, I hadn't planned on this contingen.... wait... we have TWO moulds for certain... couldn't we have a few extras that we could melt down?]

Fenric
2006-08-18, 09:14 PM
(( Yes! That's it. Extra tile and nail moulds. ))

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 09:21 PM
Alraune's necklace is speaking again.

[What Aikidu says will be private :P What aura says though.]

A mirror? I suppose we could polish a few tiles.

Scrying? Anyone here know a scrying spell?

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 09:22 PM
((Or we could create steel with my wand...))

Fenric
2006-08-18, 09:23 PM
(( ^ Yeah, make us some ingots ))

*It is Akira of the four priests who had prepared the spell today, he steps up*

I have a scrying spell prepared

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 09:27 PM
Alraune polishes the surface of the blue ice shield and says, with a raised eyebrow. Would it work on this?

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 09:30 PM
Earin reaches farther into his pocket than should be possible. ((Guess where his portable hole is today?)) He withdraws a long, motley colored wand and creates a few ingots of steel.
((They will last about 12 hours, but it should be enough time to make some molds and craft some symbols. And in that time we can find some steel in a market.))

Fenric
2006-08-18, 09:32 PM
*Takumi looks at the shiny ice*

It should - anything shiny should work. Everything will have a bluish cast to it, though.

*Takumi casts the scrying spell on the ice, and a "bluescale" image of the sanctuary appears, showing Myobi talking to Gwen, Kantur practicing spells, and Lykan & Mhina hugging*

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 09:37 PM
In the image, aikidu is standing there. Alraune points him out and says, Can you zoom?

He speaks to Aikidu aswell through the stone. Okay, you're on screen.

Fenric
2006-08-18, 09:38 PM
*Takumi concentrates and moves the picture to Aiki*

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 09:39 PM
Earin begins crafting the mould out of his newly made steel.

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 09:40 PM
Aikidu holds up his sketches, and visible on the shield are three sets of Tile-like images.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/InariTile.png
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/Grworlltile.png
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Aikiduven/HleidTile.png

Alraune says, after "hearing" something from his stone. They want moulds of these for tiles... Do you guys think you could make them aswell?

Fenric
2006-08-18, 09:48 PM
*Takumi nods*

Sure

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 10:02 PM
Alraune nods and says, I'm going to set to work teaching these young'uns how to make a blade.

He immediately starts heating ingots of the ice and hammering them into a long bar.

Fenric
2006-08-18, 10:08 PM
*The acolytes leave off their bowl-and-goblet making to watch. Takumi works on the holy symbol moulds*

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 10:11 PM
Finished with Hleids mould, Earin begins shaping symbols with it.

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 10:18 PM
[the Iceforge has several anvils.]

Alright guys... he explains how to make a proper sword and always refers to the ice as "Metal"

Fenric
2006-08-18, 10:21 PM
*Takumi finishes his mould and also starts making symbols

The other three head off to their own anvils and try to emulate Alraune's actions.*

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 10:28 PM
[somebody should be making a mould for each of the tile types aswell. The inverted triangles with the diamond inlays are for Grworll, Aikidu's god, the normal triangles with the spirals are Hleid, and the square tiles that appear to be a checkerboard are for Inari.]

AmberVael
2006-08-18, 10:30 PM
((I'll do it as soon as I can get some real steel.))

Fenric
2006-08-18, 10:31 PM
(( Ok. Izumi was doing the best of the acolytes so far, so we'll have her do it ))

*Takumi calls Izumi over from her sword-smithing*

Sorry, but we need your artistic talents more. Come over here and help with these moulds

Aikifox
2006-08-18, 10:32 PM
[Agreed.]

Alraune glances over at the Acolytes work and smiles a bit. You're doing excellently for your first forging of this type. Inari, and indeed even Hleid, must be proud.

[because I'm doing such a "selfless" act of good :P]

Earin? Can I trust you to get some steel ingots from the market?

[Oh my god :P I just remembered that I was re-reading the frostfell book again. There's a city called IceRazer that was built on top of an Iceberg. It's a lawful Evil city, but anyway. I think WinterHearth is now the Chaotic Good equivalent.]

[Goodnight guys, See you tomorrow MAYBE]

Fenric
2006-08-19, 04:24 PM
*The new day sees Izumi and Takumi making symbols and symbol-embossed tiles for the three gods. Akira is relagated to bowls now that he has managed to make a few reasonable samples, and Etsuko is making goblets.*

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 04:35 PM
((Back from family reunion crap. Bleh.))
Earin, having successfully gathered some steel ingots for a vey low price, begins shaping new moulds from them.

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 04:56 PM
Might I ask what those cost you, Earin? For the Temple records of course. asks Alraune, finally finishing one blade of blue ice, or at least the basic form. Polishing, further shaping, and refining would need to be done, but he'd teach that once he was sure the Acolytes were well versed in forming.

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 05:04 PM
((Ahh... um... steel ingot prices aren't listed, but I'll calculate.))
((Geez. A cubic foot of steel weighs 490lbs...))

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 05:07 PM
[that's push/roll weight for aura.]

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 05:11 PM
((Ok, 1lb of iron is 1sp. I would assume that steel would be rarer and more valuable, so I would call it 5sp per pound. How many pounds do we need?))

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 05:12 PM
[one mould is about two feet by two feet and about half a foot thick for the tiles.]

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 05:13 PM
((6 inches tall? thats a bit much.))

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 05:19 PM
[sorry, a QUARTER of a foot tall :P]

Fenric
2006-08-19, 05:21 PM
*After making a reasonable pile of symbols and tiles, Izumi takes up a small rectangular block of ice and attacks it with a hammer and chisel.

Akira leaves off on his stack of bowls and tries to make a sword again*

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 05:23 PM
((Much better. That comes to approximately 121lbs, or 60gp and 5sp. However, my diplomacy check was very nice ((10+23)) and I therefore cut the price by a random but well earned third.))
Earin looks up from his moulds. "About forty gold." He says.

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 05:28 PM
[that's for ONE mould... we needed 3 tile moulds and three holy symbol moulds.]

In TOTAL? he says, blinking.

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 05:30 PM
((Whoops. My bad.))
Earin doesn't look up from his work.
"For each ingot. I bought the ingots in the appropriate mould sizes."

Fenric
2006-08-19, 05:30 PM
*Izumi chisels out a small blue fox, and sits with it cradled in her lap. Akira's wavy-bladed sword would be appreciated in certain southeast asian countries but not so much anywhere else, and the others churn out product at a decent pace*

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 05:31 PM
Alraune nods and recovers a bit. He does some quick mental math and says, That's... 240 GP?

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 05:34 PM
Alraune glances at the wavy bladed sword and raises an eyebrow. [wavy like this: ~~~~ or like this: )?]

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 05:39 PM
Earin nods as he finishes his mould.
"Its only a minor expense. I'll pay for it."
((I'm assuming flamberge wavy sword style. Quite effective actually.))

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 05:40 PM
Alraune nods and smirks. Alright. he says, before he returns to admiring the blade.

[if it's like this: ~~~ it would deal an extra few points of damage, or even be considered "of wounding". or OF COURSE it could be considered Masterworked :P]

Fenric
2006-08-19, 05:43 PM
(( I was thinking the Thai "kris" style, which is ~~~~, but uneven. *Flamberge, huh? *Ok, he accidentally made something good, then. :) Pounding unevenly on each side of the bar when trying to straighten the edges ))

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 05:44 PM
((I would say masterwork, game mechanics wise. And yes, flamberge is like ~~~~~))
((Oh, flamberge is not only one type of two-handed sword, but a style, if I remember right. It decreases the cutting area, but not the force behind it.))

Fenric
2006-08-19, 05:46 PM
*Akira looks surprised*

You mean a wiggly-bladed sword is actually worth something? Wow...

*Izumi stands up with a delighted laugh*

It worked! Myobi, I summon you!

DarkHunter
2006-08-19, 05:48 PM
*A glow surrounds the figurine, and Myobi appears. She looks a little surprised and seems less intimidating than when she is in the temple*

What's this now? How did I get here?

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 05:51 PM
Alraune nods and smirks. Why, if we set that sword in a proper hilt, perhaps add a Symbol to Inari, it could be a very fine weapon. This is surely masterwork material Akira! You've got a real gift! [from now on, if you are actively rolling checks, give him a +5 circumstance on craft: forging while making blades for having a "talent".]

He says with a grin. Refine the curves a bit, make them more deliberate and in more numbers, and you could be the proud smith of a "waveblade"

[ANYONE play Avernum 2?]

Alraune glances over at Myobi and blinks. A-Avatar! says the fox, bowing immediately.

DarkHunter
2006-08-19, 06:10 PM
*Myobi looks around*

Alraune? Izumi, where am I?

Fenric
2006-08-19, 06:12 PM
*Takumi chuckles*

I can add the symbol to the blade if you'd like, Akira. Why don't you try another blade like Alraune suggested?

*Akira nods and gets right on it. Izumi beams at Myobi*

I made a Figurine of Wonderous Power out of this blue-ice stuff to channel my summoning of you. It brought you all the way here!

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 06:12 PM
A frigid cold wraps round Myobi, more from the tiles than the temperature outside. The Iceforge's ambient temperature is around 0C, 30F

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 06:13 PM
Earin stops crafting his moulds and bows to Myobi.

DarkHunter
2006-08-19, 06:13 PM
*Myobi shivers a moment, before adjusting herself to the cold*

North... way north then.

*Myobi looks at Izumi in shock*

You made a figurine attuned to me?

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 06:15 PM
[Frostfell Figurines of wonderous power: ...Frostfell Figurines of wonderous power differ from the standard in that they are always quite cold to the touch. A character who carries a FFoWP gains resistance to cold 10 as long as it is in figurine form.]

Fenric
2006-08-19, 06:18 PM
(( nifty ))

*Izumi grins*

Yes! And it worked! I should make one for Myobu, too.

*She grabs up another block of ice and gets started*

DarkHunter
2006-08-19, 06:20 PM
*Myobi shakes her head at the acolyte's exuberance and inspects the rest of the room. She greets Earin with a nuzzle, and the other priests with a polite bow. She seems pleased with the items so far.*

Looks like things are going pretty well here. And it now seems you can call me if you need as well... although I can feel the drain on that figurine: I can't stay long. Keep up the good work, everyone.

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 06:20 PM
Alraune blinks and chuckles. Everyone is finding a purpose here, Avatar. Young Akira here has an adeptness with crafting blades. Look at this one... he shows the waveblade to the Avatar with a grin. With the right enchantments, it will become a Holy Blue Ice Waveblade. [Equal to a MW Holy Blue Ice Longsword]

DarkHunter
2006-08-19, 06:22 PM
*Myobi looks at the sword*

So, Akira has finally found his true calling.

*Myobi grins*

It looks very good. This is proving to be a most fruitful expidition

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 06:23 PM
Earin places one hand on Myobi's head for a moment, and then he returns to his mould of Inari and begins making holy symbols.
((The moulds are all made now. I got bored of Earin working on them.))

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 06:25 PM
Alraune smiles and bows a bit. It wouldn't BE at all without Fenric's approval. Thank him, not us. he says, evermodest.

He glances over at Earin and says quietly, We need to make the chains separately, jewellery style, unless you'd rather use metal. Metal has a tendency to snap when it gets too cold though.

DarkHunter
2006-08-19, 06:28 PM
*Myobi stiffens slightly at Fenric's name*

I see. Well, I suppose he can't be wrong all the time. He has some work to do in the near future before I consider myself pleased with him at all.

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 06:31 PM
Alraune nods and bows a bit. Well... we should be getting back to work. he says, and picks up one of his own, STRAIGHT blades.

We've got a LOT of work to do to get this ice forged before I, Takumi, and Earin must return to the temple. I've got to teach these Acolytes what I know of forging in seven days, while it took me a couple years. They're catching on pretty quick though.

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 06:31 PM
Earin considers.
"I think I can make some chains for them. Give me a bit of time to try it out though."
He finishes his symbol ((Which is without a chain, obviously)) and moves over to the forge again, and attempts to create a chain.

DarkHunter
2006-08-19, 06:34 PM
*Myobi bows politely and dissolves into a mist. The figurine is left on the floor, and Izumi scoops it up. She sets it next to a new fox, which is for Myobu. Izumi looks around*

Anybody else have a summon spirit they'd like a figurine for? I've never found a material to accept the enchantment so readily.

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 06:37 PM
Alraune shakes his head with a smile. Each of those would be worth seven hundred gold each, at least. If you made more of those then we could give one to each of the priests at the temple. They could summon The Avatars easily. Make a few other animals aswel though. Try to sculpt... A Caribou.

[If she asks what it is, he explains that it looks like a moose, sort of.]

Alraune goes out into the street and says, as he leaves, I'm going to go get some native weapons. I've heard tell that they have a type of knife here called an Iuak, very useful for cutting through ice if you're trained how to use them. I'll pick up a Ritiik and a Goad aswell, as I'm sure you'd like to take a peek at them.

Fenric
2006-08-19, 06:43 PM
*Izumi nods.*

I'll try

*Izumi goes back to her sculpting. Akira has made another blade, this time with many, even waves. Etsuko has a nice set of 8 matching goblets with the "diamond-shaped cut glass" style. Takumi has a decent pile of tiles and symbols*

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 06:47 PM
Earin finishes his chain and attaches it to the symbol of Inari.
"Does this look about right, Takumi?"
The chain links are very small and exquisite, but the symbol itself seems to have been crafted by a master, not a mould.

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 06:47 PM
Alraune departs for the marketplace.

Fenric
2006-08-19, 06:50 PM
*Takumi catches his breath slightly, before pretending to assess it critically*

It is magnificant, Earin.

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 06:52 PM
((Earin actually used some psionics in crafting this one, so the rest won't turn at as well.))
Earin accepts the compliment silently and begins creating more. He sets the first aside from the others.

Fenric
2006-08-19, 06:59 PM
*After a couple of quick scrying sessions to see actual caribou, Izumi has it finished. She looks around for Alraune, but not seeing him returns to making figurines for Myobu and Myobi

Akira finishes another blade

Etsuko starts on a service of desert bowls


Takumi leaves off of holy symbols and makes daggers for a while*

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 06:59 PM
Alraune returns, almost too quickly for a full trip to the marketplace. He is carrying two pole weapons and a weighted knive, wider at the tip than at the handle. One of the pole weapons has a heavy metal weight on one end and a point in the top of the weight, and the other has a mean looking hook extending off the actual blade.

He sets them against one of the walls and says, This is a goad, This is a Ritiik, and THIS is an Iuak. The weighted polearm first and the knife last.

Fenric
2006-08-19, 07:01 PM
*The priests leave off their work to look. Izumi shows Alraune the caribou*

I had to resort to some scrying to get the shape right. How does this look? I wasn't sure what spirit you wanted for it, though, so it's just a figurine right now

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 07:03 PM
Alraune smiles and nods. That's a wonderful likeness. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Spirit" however...

He has never encountered a FoWP before.

Alraune suddenly remembers something and turns to look at the items he still hasn't sent. He looks to the stacks of finished tiles and grins a bit. Okay guys... How many lots of tiles have you made, as I believe they are to be used in part of the temple.

AmberVael
2006-08-19, 07:09 PM
Earin finishes his pile of holy symbols of Inari.

Fenric
2006-08-19, 07:10 PM
*Takumi looks over at the piles*

I'd say ten gross of boxes of plain tiles... I think we fit 50 in a box... And one gross of boxes of each god's symbol.

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 07:10 PM
[gross? I forget how much a gross is -.-]

Aikidu's voice comes through the pendant.
Alraune? We need a block of blue ice weighing one-thousand pounds to be delivered in the next sample shipment.

Fenric
2006-08-19, 07:15 PM
(( 144 - a dozen dozen ))

*Izumi smiles*

This is a Figurine of Wonderous Power. If you know an extraplanar spirit, you can bind it to them to help you in your summoning. The summoned spirit will be stronger than without. (She's making them with ally, rather than dominate spells)

Aikifox
2006-08-19, 07:16 PM
Alraune nods and looks at the tiles. That's alot of tiles... And we have enough nails for them all?

Fenric
2006-08-19, 07:23 PM
*Takumi looks uncertain*

There's a fair-sized sack of nails. I'm not sure of the exact count anymore...