PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Remorhaz Fever! PEACH

Betropper
2010-12-11, 12:13 PM
Had this posted in another thread but decided that since Remorhazes have 5 Int it needed to be somewhere else.

WereRemorhaz

http://www.reapermini.com/graphics/gallery/4/14595_p_1_ss.jpg

Prerequisites:
To become a WereRemorhaz, the character must meet the following requirements:

Race: Any Medium or Large humanoid or giant.
Special: Must have been injured by the natural attack of another Wereremorhaz.

HD: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+0|
+2|
+2| Alternate form Remorhaz, Remorhaz Empathy, Lunar body, Remorhaz Traits, Heat

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+3|
+3| Alternate form (Hybrid), Lunar hide

3rd|
+3|
+0|
+3|
+3| +1 Wis, Multi-Legged, Size

4th|
+4|
+1|
+4|
+4| Curse of Magucanthropy, Burrow

5th|
+5|
+1|
+4|
+4| Clever Traps, Improved Grab

6th|
+6|
+1|
+4|
+4| Swallow Whole

7th|
+7|
+1|
+5|
+5| Remorhaz Rage[/table]

Skills Points at Each Level: 2+Int mod
Class Skills: The Wereremorhaz’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Handle Animal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Knowledge (Dungeoneering)(Int), Move Silently (Dex), Escape Artist (Dex)

Proficiencies: A Wereremorhaz gains proficiency with its own natural weapons, but not with armor or shields.

Class Features: The following are the Class Features of the Wereremorhaz.

Lunar Body: Wereremorhaz retains all of its old racial modifiers and gains the (Shapechanger) subtype. They gain Low-light vision if they did not already possess it. A Wereremorhaz gains a bonus to natural armor equal to its constitution modifier while in Alternate Form (See Below). While in Humanoid form the Wereremorhaz gains a bonus to natural armor equal to half its constitution modifier.

Alternate Form: At first level, the Wereremorhaz gains a Medium Remorhaz Alternate Form. While in Remorhaz form, the Wereremorhaz cannot use weapons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains a bite attack dealing 1d8+Str mod damage and two claw attacks dealing 1d4+Str damage. While in Remorhaz form the Wereremorhaz’s movement speeds are a base land speed of 30ft.

At second level, the Wereremorhaz can assume a Medium Hybrid form, between it's Remorhaz form and it's Humanoid Form. While in Hybrid form, the Wereremorhaz gains the natural attacks of the Remorhaz form, as well as the movement speeds, however the Wereremorhaz retains its abilities to manipulate objects, use weapons, and speak.

Assuming an Alternate form, or dismissing it, is a Full-Round Action that provokes an attack of opportunity. At 7 HD this changes to a Standard Action and at 14 HD this changes to a Move Action, at 20 HD this changes to a Swift Action.

A Wereremorhaz can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in Wereremorhaz, or for every two in another class, the Wereremorhaz's Alternate Forms improve as shown below.

{table]Wereremorhaz Level+ 1/2 HD of other Levels|Ability Improvements
1|+1 Con
2|+1 Con, +1 Dex
3|+2 Con, +1 Dex
4|+3 Con, +1 Dex
5|+3 Con, +2 Dex
6|+4 Con, +2 Dex
7|+5 Con, +2 Dex
8|+5 Con, +3 Dex
9|+6 Con, +3 Dex
10|+7 Con, +3 Dex
11|+7 Con, +4 Dex
12|+8 Con, +4 Dex
13|+8 Con, +5 Dex
[/table]

Water Elemental Empathy: The Wereremorhaz can communicate with Remorhazes, and other arctic worms regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on Charisma based checks to influence such Beasts, however the Wereremorhaz gains no such bonus on influencing Animals.

Remorhaz Traits: Beginning at first level the Wereremorhaz, while in Alternate form, gains Scent and gains a bonus on hide checks equal to its HD in snowy, bright, or white areas. At second level the Wereremorhaz gains the full benefits of Wave Sense regardless of form.

Heat: A Remorhaz is known for the intense heat it generates from it's body in combat. Unarmed creatures attacking a Wereremorhaz or anything touching it takes 1d6 fire damage, add another 1d6 per 2 HD. At 10 HD the Wereremorhaz's heat is so intense it burns away at nearly anything. Any non-magical object the Wereremorhaz touches in battle and if the Wereremorhaz wills to melt it must make a (10+1/2 HD+Con) save or be destroyed.

Lunar Hide: At second level, while in either Water Elemental or Hybrid form, the Were-Elemental (Water) gains DR/Silver equal to its HD/2.

Ability Score Increase: At third level the Wereremorhaz gains a +1 increase to Wisdom in all forms.

Size: At third level, a Wereremorhaz’s Water Elemental or Hybrid forms may be Medium or Large. The Wereremorhaz chooses its size each time it assumes one of its Alternate Forms.

When a Wereremorhaz changes size its natural attacks are re-sized for appropriate damage. For every size increase beyond Medium the Wereremorhaz gains a +1 bonus to Natural Armor Class while in Alternate Form.

A Wereremorhaz of 12 HD or more may choose to become Huge by expending two normal transformations.

A Wereremorhaz of 16 HD or more may choose to become Gargantuan by expending two normal transformations.

A Wereremorhaz of 20 HD or more may choose to become Colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Multi-Legged: At third level a Wereremorhaz in Animal form learns to use it's multiple legs to full effect. It gains a +2 bonus to grapple and climb checks. In addition, it gains a Rake attack only useable while grappling. On a successful grapple check, the Wereremorhaz deals 2d6 damage to a grappled foe.

Burrow: At fourth level the Wereremorhaz uses it's Humanoid and Remorhaz characteristics to burrow. It gains a burrow speed equal to 2/3rds his land speed (round down) in Hybrid form. In addition, his heat makes it so that anyone that enters them automatically takes his heat damage.

Curse of Magucanthrope: At fourth level the Wereremorhaz can transmit Magucanthropy to other creatures. If a Humanoid or Giant of (the same sizes as the Prerequisites for this class) is hit by the Wereremorhaz’s natural attacks while it is in either Alternate form, the struck creature must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 the Wereremorhaz’s HD+ Constitution modifier) or contract Magucanthropy. Magucanthropy Functions exactly as Magucanthropy except as noted above. For more information on Magucanthropy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm), check the Lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Clever Traps:A Wereremorhaz of fifth level can use to full effect his burrowing powers in alternate form. He can burrow and make an area up to Large size unstable as a full round action as long as no-one is already standing in it. Anyone that enters it breaks the surface and falls 20 feet. Once inside the pit, the creature is subject to the Wereremorhaz's heat for three rounds.

Improved Grab: A fifth level Werermorhaz gains Improved Grab in Alternate form.

Swallow Whole: A sixth level Wereremorhaz is capable of swallowing his opponents whole. If he succeeds on a grapple check while grappling an opponent in alternate form, he swallows him whole. Once inside, an opponent can break out by dealing damage equal to 1/4 the Wereremorhaz's HP to it's stomach, which has an AC equal to the Wereremorhaz flat-footed. Creatures inside the Remorhaz take acid damage equal to the Wereremorhaz's heat damage and 1d6 bludgeoning damage per 5 HD.

Remorhaz Rage A Wereremorhaz of seventh level has rage so intense it keeps him alive after huge blows. He gains Fast Healing equal to his HD in all forms. He also can keep himself alive through burning rage. He stays conscious even after going below 0 HP, but still dies if he hits -10.

Changelog:
Nothing yet.

Comments:
I'm just crazy right now so I made this, don't know how weak/strong it is at this point.

Lateral
2010-12-11, 01:45 PM
Cool. Only thing I can think of right now is that, since the transformations last indefinitely, you could transform into a Colossal hybrid and just stay like that for most of the day. Maybe a '1 minute/HD' limit is in order.

Betropper
2010-12-11, 02:02 PM
Cool. Only thing I can think of right now is that, since the transformations last indefinitely, you could transform into a Colossal hybrid and just stay like that for most of the day. Maybe a '1 minute/HD' limit is in order.

That was actually part of the template I used in the Community-based monster class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178692&page=1) area. I think it was like that because you need to shift forms once in a while and need to get back to human also.

Pyromancer999
2010-12-11, 07:58 PM
I have never, EVER wanted to be a were-creature until now. Good job!

Lateral
2010-12-11, 09:06 PM
I have never, EVER wanted to be a were-creature until now. Good job!

...Yeah, seconded.

Nanoblack
2010-12-11, 09:10 PM
I can only imagine how awesome the hybrid form would look.

EDIT: Maybe this?http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/resident_evil_5_conceptart_FfWH8.jpg

Pyromancer999
2010-12-11, 09:12 PM
I can only imagine how awesome the hybrid form would look.

I believe the correct word is EPIC.

Lateral
2010-12-11, 09:17 PM
http://i.neoseeker.com/ca/resident_evil_5_conceptart_FfWH8.jpg

That...

That is TOTALLY my next PC, right there.

Pyromancer999
2010-12-12, 10:47 AM
Just got thinking: there's a were-remorhaz, and it's pretty scaly, so how about another scaled were-creature: the were-Drake? Meh, it's just an idea in passing, but I think it'd be pretty cool.

firemagehao
2010-12-12, 06:23 PM
Imagine: A WereTarrasque.
Actually... trying to stop the WereTarrasques would be a decent adventure...

Pyromancer999
2010-12-12, 07:53 PM
Imagine: A WereTarrasque.
Actually... trying to stop the WereTarrasques would be a decent adventure...

Yeah. Now all we need are the 8 level 30 PCs.....

Betropper
2010-12-12, 08:31 PM
No comments of balance?

Although I must admit, WereTarrasque sounds AWESOME.

Pyromancer999
2010-12-12, 08:42 PM
No comments of balance?

Seems balanced enough.

Although I must admit, WereTarrasque sounds AWESOME.

Yeah, but if you want a balance comment there, it is totally unbalanced. You'd probably have to nerf the Tarrasque before making a Were-version of it

firemagehao
2010-12-13, 07:58 PM
Remorhaz Rage A Wereremorhaz of seventh level has rage so intense it keeps him alive after huge blows. He gains Fast Healing equal to his HD in all forms. He also can keep himself alive through burning rage. He stays conscious even after going below 0 HP, but still dies if he hits -10.

How much is the fast healing? That would affect balance.
Does he take damage each turn as diehard, or not? These also.

Betropper
2010-12-13, 08:00 PM
How much is the fast healing? That would affect balance.
Does he take damage each turn as diehard, or not? These also.

Did you read the fast healing? :smallbiggrin:

firemagehao
2010-12-14, 07:05 AM
Did you read the fast healing? :smallbiggrin:

I mus thave missed that part. Found it now though. You could possibly change it to a single, unchanging number.