PDA

View Full Version : Wurmwreath



Pages : [1] 2 3

Lykan
2006-08-09, 02:30 PM
Wurmwreath is an isthmus surrounded by volcanoes and woodlands. In the center of the isthmus is a metropolis of the same name. It is a town of incredble advancement in artifice, surrounded by 40 foot tall steel walls and lined with cannons, as well as less destructive devices which just allow te lives of the occupants to be more comfertable...
[hr]

Lykan and Mhina fade into the woods where his village was previously. The huts are either on fire or burnt to the ground...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 02:31 PM
Mhina looks around, a chill running down her spine.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 02:34 PM
Lykan looks surveys the wrekage for a moment and turns to Mhina

I just want to one thing here...

He begins heading off deeper into the destroyed town

Wukei
2006-08-09, 02:37 PM
Mhina follows after him. "What?"

Lykan
2006-08-09, 02:43 PM
The gaurdian...

Lykan leads Mhina into the temple where he taught her how to shift forms. He runs over to the statue of Remus and attempts to wrench a spear from its grip

Gods... Damn... It!

Wukei
2006-08-09, 02:44 PM
How bad is it to break the statue? *Because I can...

Lykan
2006-08-09, 02:48 PM
I'm trying not to... I don't get it, this thing is supposed to come out easy...

Something explodes outside the cave

Two more of 'em in the temple! Block of the exits and take them out!

Son of a-...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 02:49 PM
Break the damned statue!

Lykan
2006-08-09, 02:53 PM
Lykan's hands pulse with red energy and the statue shatters

Sorry...

He takes the spear and drops it into his bag, and looks up through the roof, to the hole in the roof surrounded like a cresent moon

Come on!

Troops with flaming swords wearing blue chainmail rush in the entrance of the temple...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 02:55 PM
Mhina's eyes glow a bright blue and she creates a wall of ice between them and the soldiers, then looks up to the exit Lykan suggested. "Hurry."

Lykan
2006-08-09, 03:00 PM
Lykan grabs Mhina and leaps out through the hole, where 10 more gaurds wait. Lykan puts down Mhina and sams his fists into the ground, causing a shockwave of fire to knock them skayward.

Up the trees!

Lykan shifts to hybrid form and begins leaping upward, branch to branch. The yells of soldiers can be heard coming closer, and another explosion sounds much nearer then last...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 03:03 PM
Mhina shifts as well, chasing after him. Her eyes continue to glow.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 03:10 PM
Musket balls rip through the branches of the trees as they both leap through the trees. A red orb flies up through the trees.

Mother-!

KABOOM!

Fire shockwaves through the trees, causing them to ignite and knocking both wolves flying. Lykan shoots a blade with a steel rope attached from his golem arm into another tree, and he swings aroiund back onto it

MHINA!?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 03:12 PM
Mhina falls to the ground and groans as she pushes herself up off the ground. Her eyes have gone back to normal. She looks behind as she tries to scramble to her feet.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 03:21 PM
One of them's on the ground! Hit it with the nets!

Several "woosh!" sounds and several barbed net fly at Mhina. A jet of flame from the trees incinerates them midair, and Lykan leaps down from the trees

I'm the one you want, so bring it on!

Several more nets are fired, and Lykan just blasts them out of th air again. He roars and slams the ground again, causing shockwaves to blast foreward, sending the net gunners flying. Lykan turns heel and grabs Mhina

Go! Go! Go!

Lykan begins running as fast as he an for the cliffs...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 03:25 PM
Mhina follows him, glancing back in fear. She approaches the cliffs at full speed.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 03:32 PM
Lykan grabs Mhina and begins flying upward. Musket balls fly past, one of which nail Lykan in the back, causing him to lose concentration and fall a few doen feet before regaiing focus and landing on the top of the cliff. He falls onto his knees

*cough*... Hide!

Wukei
2006-08-09, 03:34 PM
Mhina shakes her head, kneeling beside him. I won't leave you. Her eyes begin to glow again and she places a white glowing hand on his shoulder. She keeps an eye out toward where they'd been fired at from.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 03:42 PM
The woods beyond crash as trees are ripped apart, and giant suits of blue full plate rush through with colossal blades of the same colored metal leap at the pair slashing wildly. Lykan grabs Mhina and rolls sideways as a blade comes down where they previously were sitting together. Lykan pushes her away

Hide! Please!

Wukei
2006-08-09, 03:44 PM
"No!" Mhina steps back in, a spear forming in her hands. She launches it toward the neck of one of their attackers.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 03:46 PM
Listen to me! Hide, I've got it!

The armored soldier collapses as the spear slashes his jugualar in two

Wukei
2006-08-09, 03:53 PM
No, look...I can fight...and what if you get captured? What good will it do for me to hide? I don't have any chance out here alone. Better to take my chances now.

Mhina produces another spear, looking for her next target.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 04:00 PM
Fine, stay here while I do this!

Lykan begins pouring energy into the ground and it begins to crack nd slide off the cliff. The armored warriors stumble backwards as the cliff face shifts...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 04:02 PM
Mhina drops the ice spear and clings to Lykan as the cliff shifts.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 04:17 PM
Lykan grabs Mhina and leaps onto the shoulders of one of the soldiers and pushes off as the cliff shifts one last time and falls. THe soldiers scream as they dissipear from sight, and Lykan and Mhina land on the newly formed cliff.

Let's go!

Lykan keeps running for the city

[sorry, computer's screwing up]

Wukei
2006-08-09, 04:19 PM
Mhina follows him as fast as she can.

How are we going to get into the city without them attacking us?

(Don't worry...mine decided to reboot while I stepped away, too)

Lykan
2006-08-09, 04:27 PM
Haven't gotten that far... I think I've got an idea though. Can you disguise yourself?

Lykan leaps over the pillars to the other side of the chasm

Wukei
2006-08-09, 04:31 PM
What if I take my human form? They've never seen me before...and the ones that have already spotted us won't be reporting back anytime soon, if at all.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 04:33 PM
Lykan jumps bhind a tree and looks back, cathinghis breath

I guess your right... Wait, I know a way to get in, then... But we got to wait until we get there.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 04:35 PM
Mhina stops beside him and nods, catching her breath as well.

(That's one good thing about telepathy...you can convey your thoughts even while running without worrying about using up your breath.)

Lykan
2006-08-09, 04:38 PM
Lykan looks back

Good... I think we lost them...

He turns back to Mhina with a slight grin

Wukei
2006-08-09, 04:40 PM
Mhina touches her muzzle against his in a gesture almost like kissing his cheek. Promise you won't leave me. I'd rather fight and die beside you than lose you and be found by them.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 04:43 PM
I'll be closer then you think...

Lykan grins and hugs Mhina

Let's keep going... It's probably best to switch back to being a human now, too...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 04:49 PM
Mhina transforms into her human form, fixing her hair a bit.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 04:57 PM
Lykan shifts to his human form as well, removing his golemic arm and tossing it into his pack, and pulls his hood over his head so it conceals his face. He concentrates, and an arm made of crystal replaces his golemic one, with a color matching his own skin.

I think I can go like this until we get to the gates, then I can do what I need to do...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 05:07 PM
There's no other way? *It'd be easier to get in and get them out if there was some other way you could...what about using greater metamorphosis (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/metamorphosisGreater.htm) to transform yourself into a pet for me to walk through with? *They'd never suspect...it doesn't last long but it doesn't take long to walk through a gate, and *it'd cut down on the threat.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 05:10 PM
I don't know how to use that ability, if I did, I would use it alot more often [I've heard it's really fun to use]... I actually planned on fusing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/fusion.htm) with you until we're in the city...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 05:14 PM
Mhina blinks. I suppose...that could work..

Lykan
2006-08-09, 05:16 PM
What's up?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 05:20 PM
Mhina walks toward the Town, her gaze never leaving their destination, You'd gain control...I'm just scared of being controlled again...

Lykan
2006-08-09, 05:23 PM
I can surrender control to you. You would be you... With my powers added.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 05:24 PM
No...I can't even control my powers...I definitely can't control any that are foreign...go ahead. I'll get over it. She smiles and kisses him.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 05:31 PM
Lykan looks at the ground

I don't want you to be uncomfertable... I'll try shapeshifting, though it'll require a bit more energy...

He begins concentrating

Wukei
2006-08-09, 05:46 PM
Mhina sighs, I don't mean to make you do anything you aren't used to...

Lykan
2006-08-09, 05:48 PM
Lykan shakes his head, and then shrinks to the form of a puppy. He sighs

Let's go, then.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 05:49 PM
Mhina smiles and giggles, picking him up for a brief moment and hugging him. She kisses him on the nose then sets him down to trot beside her as she heads for the gate of the city.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 05:57 PM
Lykan sighs again, smiling. He folows Mhina to gates, where two burley looking guards are taking watch.

Oi, who're you? You a citezen?

Lykan sits and growls quietly at the guards

Wukei
2006-08-09, 06:10 PM
Mhina shakes her head, "A visitor."

Lykan
2006-08-09, 06:14 PM
Only merchants and soldiers are allowd in and out during lockdown. You're not getting in.

Lykan looks at the ground, gritting his teeth

Do not blast the guards. Do not blast the guards. Do not blast the guards...

Whoops, gotta stop thinking out loud...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 06:18 PM
"I've travelled hundreds of miles to visit my family. Why the lockdown?"

Lykan
2006-08-09, 06:22 PM
There's a runaway rogue wolfman about, and the king wants to make sure he doesn't get into the city. Besides, how do we know that you're not 'im in disquise?

The guard leans in close and stares at Mhina

Wukei
2006-08-09, 06:27 PM
Mhina looks shocked, "You mean a werewolf? And you're just going to leave me out here defenseless?!" She looks behind her and shivers as she turns back to the guard. "You think I'm him? Well...I...I suppose I could find some way...of trying to convince you I'm not? Just please let me in! I don't want to get bit."

Lykan
2006-08-09, 06:38 PM
Put her through the normal proceedure, then?

The other guard nods, and hands Mhina a flask of greyish liquid

If you can drink that without throwing up or anything else funny, we would know your not 'im. Give some to that mutt, too.

Oi!

Wukei
2006-08-09, 06:41 PM
Mhina stares at the liquid, "What is it?" She narrows her telepathy to just Lykan, What is this stuff? Anyway we can fake consumption?

Lykan
2006-08-09, 06:45 PM
It's something to make sure that you aren't one of those wolfmen.

Lykan shakes his head

It's a supposed surefire way to find a werewolf in human form... It's just holy water with silver and belladona mixed in. It'll make you feel woozy for a bit, but it's nothing big.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 06:47 PM
"And your not just trying to find a stranger to pin some form of crime on?" Mhina asks, trying to stall for time.

What should we do?

Lykan
2006-08-09, 06:51 PM
I think at this point we should just drink it... If we left they might think somthing's fishy.

Why would we need to do that now? It's a rogue wolf, if you aren't 'im, nothin'll happen. If your so keen on geting in, drink the damn stuff and get out of our hair.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 06:53 PM
Mhina scowls at the rude guardsman and drinks the stuff, not offering anything to Lykan.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 06:57 PM
The liquid litterally tastes exactly like its contents: Watery metal with a hint of some kind of flower.

Oi, the dog too! I'm not gonna let anything through without making sure!

Wukei
2006-08-09, 07:02 PM
Mhina stares at him incredulously, "After I've proved I'm not a werewolf you want me to prove that I don't travel with them? I've already told you that I don't want to get bit." She pours some of the contents of the vial into a cupped hand, nonetheless, and kneels to offer the drink to the puppy.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 07:08 PM
It's just proceedure, miss, no need to get upset...

Lykan laps up the liquid

Ugh, this stuff tastes like it's been through a radish garden set up next to a lead mine...

Lykan's eyes open wide

I think I'm gonna be sick...

[5 pages, two posters... :P]

Wukei
2006-08-09, 07:10 PM
Mhina touches the puppy's nose, using her white energy without displaying it outwardly.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 07:12 PM
Lykan sighs in relief

Thanks...

Now that that's said and done... Who's your family here?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 07:16 PM
Mhina keeps a calm collected face, though she seems a bit pale, Quick, Lykan...a powerful family I might be able to pull off being related to.

She smiles at the man, "I really don't see how that's any of your business. I've done what you've asked and passed."

Lykan
2006-08-09, 07:19 PM
Iaref is one of my friends family names... Might get you someplace.

Lykan chokes back throwing up again

Hey, I'm just curious. You said you had family here.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 07:22 PM
Mhina picks up the puppy, tucking her lightly glowing hands under his paws so the others can't see. "Iaref."

Lykan
2006-08-09, 07:25 PM
The guards look at eachother and then kneel

Are humblest apolgies Miss Iaref, we did not know of your name, so we assaumed you were an outsider...

Please don't smite us!

Lykan snickers

Wukei
2006-08-09, 07:26 PM
Mhina narrows her eyes, "I'm tired and want to rest. Just get out of my way."

Lykan
2006-08-09, 07:28 PM
Right this way miss...

Will you need an escort?

Oh, shut it you prats...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 07:31 PM
Mhina scowls, "You've been quite helpful enough.."

Lykan
2006-08-09, 07:34 PM
The gaurds cower away

OPEN THE GATES!

The portcullis before them rises, and the guards behind themstep out of the way to let Mhina in.

Hehe... Morons.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 07:36 PM
Mhina strides quickly down the street and once she's out of site of the group she slips down another street then down an alley. She sets down Lykan and proceeds to throw up.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 07:38 PM
Lykan throws up as well

Apperently, they added something to that mixture.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 07:41 PM
Well at least we waited until we were away from them...who's that family you told me to take the persona of?

Lykan
2006-08-09, 07:44 PM
The Iarefs are a family of high priests and paladins and such. Kin Iaref is probably one of the people being held prisoner right now...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 07:47 PM
That wouldn't be common knowledge, I take it? So where are we going? Mhina coughs at the bitter taste in her mouth.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 07:52 PM
I doubt it... People wouldn't think their king was so great if he was torturing innocents, now would he?

Lykan spits out any remaing taste of the vomit onto the ground and looks back up to Mhina

The prison would be a good place to start, I imagine.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 07:53 PM
Lead the way.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 07:58 PM
Lykan's tail wags once

I hope I don't get stepped on...

Lykan leads her to the other part of the city, where a cement pillar with no windows and a single door shoots up hiagh above it's surrounding buildings.

Now how should we approach this?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 08:01 PM
Mhina looks up at the pillar, I could keep using the pseudonym. It'd get us closer, past all of the guards that don't know about your friend being a werewolf...

Lykan
2006-08-09, 08:05 PM
I know I'm not gonna be able to get in though... No animals allowed.

Lykan bites his lip, and cheers of victory can be heard in the distance, where it seems that a battalion of soldiers march through the city with wolf heads stuck on the the ends of their spears...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 08:07 PM
Even for a member of my family? Perhaps you can find a place to change into a different person?

Lykan
2006-08-09, 08:13 PM
It's quite logical, really. They figure animal companions or familiars could help the prisoners get out...

Hmm... Let me try this.

Lykan changes his shape to that of an 8 year old boy

Think this works?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 08:14 PM
Mhina nods.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 08:17 PM
Let's go then.

Lykan heads for the door of the prison

Wukei
2006-08-09, 08:18 PM
Mhina follows him.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 08:21 PM
Inside the pillar is a single circular room with a desk and twenty gaurds. At the desk seets a rather greasy looking weasel-like person

What's your bussiness here?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 08:25 PM
Questioning a prisoner, Mhina asks Lykan.

She looks up at the guard, "You could be a bit more polite." She places a hand on Lykan's shoulder as if indicating why.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 08:30 PM
Sure, why not...

THe weasel-man ignores Mhina's previous statement

What's your business here?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 08:33 PM
Give me some name that sounds official...we're about to question your friend.

The questioning of a prisoner.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 08:37 PM
Sarah del A'Mont is a high ranking army official...

Oh really? Why should I let you?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 08:39 PM
"The name is del A'Mont. *And I'll be surprised if you're high enough on the food chain to know the name of the person I've come to question."

Lykan
2006-08-09, 08:43 PM
Colonel del A'Mont?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 08:46 PM
Mhina lifts her chin in defiance, not answering him with words, her eyes narrowed.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 08:50 PM
If you are Colonel del A'Mont, who is this?

The man motions to Lykan

Wukei
2006-08-09, 08:51 PM
"I'm sorry...did you just question me?

What do I do?

Lykan
2006-08-09, 08:57 PM
Unless you answer my questions, you aren't getting in, Colonel.

I guess if we're gonna do this nonviolenly as possible, we just need to answer his questions...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 08:58 PM
"The boy is the prisoner's son. That's all you need to know."

Lykan
2006-08-09, 09:02 PM
And who is this prisoner?

Umm... Sevix Mordosen. I think he's the only one old enough to qualify as a father.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 09:04 PM
"Mordosen, Sevix."

Lykan
2006-08-09, 09:07 PM
And this is his son?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 09:08 PM
Mhina scowls, "Did I stutter?"

Lykan
2006-08-09, 09:11 PM
Put them under arrest.

The guards in the rooms head over and grab Mhina and Lykan and begins dragging them upstairs

Damn.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 09:14 PM
Mhina tries to pull away from the guards, "What the hell are you doing?!"

Lykan
2006-08-09, 09:17 PM
Trying to decieve a prisonmaster is a crime, and you're being imprisoned for it.

The guards continue to drag them up the stairs

Can we do this my way yet?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 09:19 PM
Fine Mhina's eyes begin to glow bright blue and ice begins to collect around the hands that hold her, showing the beginnings of ice burns.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 09:24 PM
Lykan grins and fire shockwaves from him, knocking the guards into the walls and down the stairs. He grabs his golemic arm from his pack, and shifts back to his human form, and reattaches the arm.

The guards on Mhina scream in pain as their bodies are blackened and frozen by the cold she emits...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 09:25 PM
Mhina tugs away from those that had a grip on her and approaches Lykan.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 09:28 PM
He begins heading up the stairs

That guy probably has the army informed about this, we need to work fast...

HIs hands glow, incinerating another group of gurds blocking their path

Wukei
2006-08-09, 09:30 PM
Mhina keeps an eye on their back, an ice spear in her hand.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 09:37 PM
As Lykan incinerates another group of guards, a door to a first floor appears to the right. Lykan runs in and begins searching the cells, stopping at one of a black haired girl lying on the ground. Her arms and legs are bent at odd angles.

Ghost... GHOST! Are you okay!?

The girl is unresponsive

Wukei
2006-08-09, 09:40 PM
Mhina steps in, her eyes seeming to illuminate the room. "I can heal her. She is alive?"

Lykan
2006-08-09, 09:43 PM
Lykan rams into the bars of the cell over and over until it collapses and he rushes in and kneels down besides her

She has a pulse...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 09:45 PM
Mhina walks in, her eyes take on a darker tone. She sets the bones in place and her hands glow brightly as she places one hand on the girl's forehead, and the other on an arm.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 09:52 PM
The bones refuse, and any cuts bruises she has dissapear. She bolts to an upright possision, taking an offensive fighting stance

KLAINE!

Lykan sighs in relief to see she's okay

Crap... so they are all in here...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 10:04 PM
We better hurry, then... Mhina stands and moves out of the cell.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 10:08 PM
Lykan looks around, and spots another familiar face, that of an albino boy. His hands seemed to be shatteres, and he has puncture wounds in his arms. Lykan smashes the bars and continues into the cell

He's good, too.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 10:10 PM
Mhina follows him and does the same procedure she did with the girl. This is...so wrong...

Lykan
2006-08-09, 10:15 PM
The boy's eyes flick open, and chains appear out of nowhere, wrapping around the necks of Lykan and Mhina. When he sees who they are, the chains dissipear. The girl named Ghost hugs the boy

Glad to see your alive too.

He looks up to Lykan

And you...

The albino looks to Mhina

Who's this? Is anyone else alive?

Wukei
2006-08-09, 10:18 PM
Mhina shivers as the chains wrap around her neck. She doesn't seem much better once they disappear. Let's keep looking...

Lykan
2006-08-09, 10:24 PM
The albino leaps up

I'll make sure no one else tries to get up while you guys look.

Me too.

Atos and the albino head for the staircase, several seconds later, guards and soldiers can be heard screaming

Lykan walks over one more cell, and within is a smaller dark skinned boy. His hands seemed to be have been cut off, not at all cleanly. He whimpers as his wounds bleed.

Raggs! Hold on!

Lykan smases the bars

Wukei
2006-08-09, 10:27 PM
Mhina steps in, looking down at the boy.

I can do something similar to carterizing the wound...but I can't give him back his hands... She does as she says, healing off his arms the best she can.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 10:33 PM
Lykan sighs, and Raggs continues wimpering... He seems unresponsive to Mhina's healing, though the wounds have closed.

These guys are sick... Taking away our most potent weapons...

Lykan goes to look closer at Raggs

Goddammit, they burnt his eyes out...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 10:36 PM
Mhina kneels beside the boy and places a hand over his eyes. She casts healing powers so that it doesn't hurt anymore. She then starts tearing the rim around her skirt thick enough to cover his eyes. "Raggs, right? I know it's upsetting...but we have a cleric back home that can heal you...for now you'll have to come with us like this." She starts to wrap the cloth around his eyes.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 10:39 PM
Raggs continues sobbing, and mutters something in a foreign language.

If everyone else is like this...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 10:42 PM
Mhina hugs Raggs tightly, clinging to him protectively. Her eyes fade a bit, We have to hurry, Lykan...this power is taking too much from me...

Lykan
2006-08-09, 10:52 PM
Lykan searches around some more

Then save your powers for healing, I'll take care of everything else...

There's no one else on this floor, let's go.

Lykan heads for the door, goes up some more, blasting some more of the guards as they do, and enters the second floor. A black skinned elf lies bloody and tattered on the floor, with the same puncture wounds as the albino. He looks up to them lazily as Lykan smashes in the door.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 11:01 PM
Mhina gives Raggs over to Lykan and moves in on the dark skinned elf, healing his wounds quickly.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 11:07 PM
Lykan swings Raggs onto his back

Mnphhuminauh?

THe black skinned elf stumbles to his feet and rubs his eyes.

I think he's been drugged...

Wukei
2006-08-09, 11:10 PM
Then he's the lucky one...it blocks out some of the pain... Mhina supports the elf, bringing one of his arms over her shoulders as she stands.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 11:22 PM
The elf shakes his head, motioning that he's good to stand

Ugh... Ishardtaspeak... Think...

Can you cast spells?

Nuh uh

Great... Come with us then.

Lykan walks a few cells over when another voice calls out

It's Lykan! Hey, get me out of here!

A blue skinned human-like creature sits in a cell adjacent Lykan. The bars seem to be red hot.

Hold on.

Lykan summons his katana's and slices the bars up, allowing him to step out. He seems to have no injuries whatsoever. He grins, and cracks his knuckles

I've got a bone to pick with the guards.

We cleared out the bottom floors, and Klaine and Atos are taking care of any that might be coming in from outside.

Then I'll clear the way for yah.

He heads out, going up the stairs.

Lykan continues along to a cell holding a pale figure, with glazed eyes and greyish skin.

Aw no...

Lykan smashes in the bars, and walks over to the figure. He doesn't respond

Wukei
2006-08-09, 11:31 PM
Mhina steps in, quietly, watching Lykan.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 11:36 PM
Lykan kneels down besides the gray skinned man, checks his pulse, and sighs.

Goodbye, Mask.

Wukei
2006-08-09, 11:38 PM
Mhina bows her head sadly.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 11:42 PM
Lykan says a short prayer, and plases a hand on the one named Mask's forehead. His body is set alight. He gets up, and passes Mhina looking for any more of his friends

Before you say anything, that was a cremation.

Lykan checks all the cells one last time, and begins to head for upstairs

Wukei
2006-08-09, 11:46 PM
Mhina gives him that 'what did you think I was going to say' look and then follows after him.

Lykan
2006-08-09, 11:54 PM
It seems that the blue human had made quick work of the guards. There bodies lay everywhee...

Lykan steps into the third floor cell room, and finding no one, heads out to the fourth floor, in which he does find someone, a rather pale humanoid with more puncture wounds as well as shatterarms and legs.

Dammit, not Trebor too...

Lykan smashes the bars in

Wukei
2006-08-09, 11:58 PM
Mhina looked on, praying that this one wasn't dead as well, though it seemed like the chances weren't in their favour.

Lykan
2006-08-10, 12:13 AM
Lykan checks for a pulse, seemingly with good results. He looks up and smiles weakly to Mhina

He's okay...

Wukei
2006-08-10, 12:32 AM
Mhina kneels beside Lykan and gives extra energy to the wounded man. She seems to pale considerably at the effort.

Lykan
2006-08-10, 12:43 AM
The man sits up

Ugh... What happened?

You got captured. Can you shadowjump?

The first thi-

Can you, or not?

The man concentrates, flickers out of existanse momentarily, and stands

Yup.

Then jump out of here, and take a ship. Get it ready out of the side of the building.

The figure nods, and dissipears. several minutes later, THe blue humanoid comes downstairs with a four more maimed prisoners.

They were all I could find...

Lykan sighs, and goes to check the rest of the cells on the floor...

Wukei
2006-08-10, 12:47 AM
Mhina does her best to heal the four that were brought from the upper floor. By the time she follows Lykan she's absolutely exhausted.

Lykan
2006-08-10, 12:56 AM
Lykan Looks around finding no one else, he runs downstairs. Several minute later, th sounds of soldiers get closer and closer to the room, and Lykan, Klaine, and Ghost rush into the room. Lykan concentrates for a few moments, and a wall of steel appears in the doorway.

Everyone stand back.

Lykan gathers energy in his hands, as much as he did the time he killed Trog... And releases it onto a wall. Where it once was now is a tunnel to the outside world.

Go go go!

Wukei
2006-08-10, 12:58 AM
Mhina stays behind to make sure Lykan's okay as the rest go, but also she doesn't have any energy and is not as used to jumping out of buildings or fighting as the others.

Lykan
2006-08-10, 01:00 AM
Lykan looks to Mhina as the rest rush to the end of the tunnel

Need help?

Wukei
2006-08-10, 01:02 AM
Mhina nods, I'm afraid I have overexerted myself..

Lykan
2006-08-10, 01:05 AM
Lykan shifts to his Hybrid form

Hop on...

An airship hoves in front of the hole Lykan made, and the escapees begin to pile onto the ship

Wukei
2006-08-10, 01:06 AM
Mhina climbs onto his back, clinging to his neck weakly.

Lykan
2006-08-10, 01:14 AM
Lykan holds onto her arms and sprints down the hall way and leaps onto the ship

Punch it!

The ship bolts upward, and power around it flickers. It speeds out over the ocean, where several more ships follow

No you don't!

Out of the side of the ship emerges four more thrusters. they flare to life, and the ground below them seems to blur away. Several minutes later, the ship slows down again, to reveal open ocean n all directions

Where to?

I know a little town were we can go...

Lykan puts down Mhina and heads to the back of the ship. Several minutes later, the ship flies off in a different direction, back to the Town...

Wukei
2006-08-10, 01:16 AM
Mhina approaches the side of the ship, looking at the water. She sighs, leaning against the railing.

Lykan
2006-08-10, 01:18 AM
Lykan sits next to Mhina as the rest of the crew either head below deck or talk to eachother.

You okay?

Wukei
2006-08-10, 01:21 AM
Mhina nods. I feel like sleeping a million days...

Lykan
2006-08-10, 01:23 AM
Then I guess it's time to go to bed...

Lykan picks up Mhina

Let's see how bad the cabins are on this ship.

Wukei
2006-08-10, 01:25 AM
Mhina smiles, placing her hands over her stomach since he's carrying her, and lays her head against his chest. "I love you."

Lykan
2006-08-10, 01:28 AM
I love you too.

Lykan grins and checks one of the cabins, which seems to lack the luxery of Lykan's ship, but still contains a bed to sleep in, in which Lykan lays Mhina down.

Goodnight...

Wukei
2006-08-10, 01:29 AM
Mhina smiles tiredly, Good night, Lykan. She then closes her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

Lykan
2006-08-10, 01:35 AM
The airship flies off into the night...
[hr]

Several hours later, the airship lands in the Town. The crew piles off and heads to any Inn available. Lykan remains on the ship with Mhina.

Wukei
2006-08-10, 10:48 AM
Mhina wakes and sits up, looking around.

Lykan
2006-08-10, 01:05 PM
Sleep well?

Lykan smiles

Wukei
2006-08-10, 03:14 PM
Mhina smiles and kisses Lykan, nodding. *Better, since I knew we got them out of there. *Is Raggs okay?

(ugh..wow this is taking forever, but I gtg again...feel like I'm gonna throw up, and the warm computer isn't helping...)

Lykan
2006-08-10, 04:14 PM
He still kind of in shock... But I think he'll be okay. He's already lost one eye...

Lykan
2006-12-08, 06:39 PM
The dragon and Mhina appear a few hundred yards shy of the main gate of the city

I've got a pretty simple plan to get you inside... But you need to find a way to disguise yourself.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 06:42 PM
Mhina looks at him, and her powers seem to swirl around her. She begins to grow, and though her skin and hair remain the same colour her ears elongate and her eyes become gray. Is a snow elf good for you or do you want to be a bit more specific?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 06:45 PM
The closest elf tribes here live in the desert... If you can darken your skin and hair, it works.

The dragon begins to grow rapidly

Mhina
2006-12-08, 06:46 PM
Mhina scowls, It's not so easy on my powers...but very well. She shrinks again and her skin becomes a brown colour, her hair dark.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 06:49 PM
The dragon nods

Now begin running toward the gate like your life depended on it, screaming your lungs out...

The dragon stops growing when it weaches the size of a large boat

Mhina
2006-12-08, 06:51 PM
Mhina raises an eyebrow at the dragon before smiling, figuring it out. She turns from him and runs toward the gate. She takes a deep breath, HEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPP!

Lykan
2006-12-08, 06:58 PM
The dragon leaps up in the air and roars, spraying fire in literally every direction except where Mhina was currently running. The guards at the gate suddenly become alert, firing mounted cannons at the approching dragon, who just swats away the balls, unhindered...

Mhina
2006-12-08, 07:02 PM
Mhina bangs on the gate, Let me in! By the gods let me in!

Lykan
2006-12-08, 07:06 PM
A smaller door to the side oof the main gate swings open, and a woman in full plate grabs Mhina by the back of the dress and pulling her into the wall. The battle continues to rage on outside

Goddamned dragons! You bar them from the city and then all hell breaks loose again!

Mhina
2006-12-08, 07:07 PM
Mhina breathes rapidly, trying to catch her breath from the rush of adrenaline. Thank the gods, she bows deeply to the woman, Thank you much for your help.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 07:13 PM
The woman loads what appears to be a musket with a very long barrel with some red bullets

Damned dragons. Don't care who they try to kill anymore...

Mhina
2006-12-08, 07:14 PM
She shakes her head, No, no...it's okay. I possibly angered him somehow and didn't realize it.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 07:21 PM
The woman sticks the barrel out of a small slot in the wall, taking aim at the creature

Doubtful. These things have turned maliscious ever since the order of the elimination of the tribes outside of the city...

She fires a shot, and the dragon screeches

Dammit, that hurt! What the hell!

Mhina
2006-12-08, 07:23 PM
Mhina looks out in shock, Tribes?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 07:29 PM
The woman lines up another shot

Yes. The Hal'gaean trolls, the stone giants of the Shattered Valley, the wolfmen of the Howling Wind, and those Blackscale lizardfolk... The king keeps declaring that the barbarians can't be trusted anymore outside our city walls... I think the breaking point with tribal violence within the city had to do with a pair of werewolves leading a massive prisonbreak...

She fires, but no draconic screesh is heard, just more roaring and blasts of flame

Mhina
2006-12-08, 07:31 PM
Mhina's eyes widen and she bites her lip, That's...terrible.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I know... Two or three alleged demonspawn were in that prison... They escaped on an airship and headed south. Nobody could really find them after that.

Aim, fire, miss...

Mhina
2006-12-08, 07:36 PM
I think I'd like to help...how does one join the military?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 07:39 PM
She lines up another shot, this one finding its mark

Are you a citizen?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 07:42 PM
Mhina shakes her head. No. I'm not from anywhere around here. I am currently without residence.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 07:49 PM
The dragon screeches and flaps away in mock pain, though a few holes in his hide are still visible. The woman relaxes, and turns to face Mhina

Only citizens can join the army... I'm sorry, but you would have to go to the town hall and get citezenship first... Would you like to know where that is? I can send you there with an escort...

Mhina
2006-12-08, 07:50 PM
Mhina nods. Please.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 07:56 PM
She nods

Moren!

A rather malnourished looking man jumps, and faces the woman

Yes ma'am!

Take this civilian to the town hall. She might be helping us protect the city from seige soon...

Yes ma'am!

The starved man looks over at Mhina

Follow me, miss...

He opens a door on the opposite side of the wall, revealing the city beyond it...

Mhina
2006-12-08, 07:59 PM
Mhina nods and follows the young man.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 08:02 PM
The man leads her through a crowded bazar

So, what brought you here, of all places? I thought the elven societies to the south had quelled those rebellions... There would be no reason to emmigrate...

Mhina
2006-12-08, 08:12 PM
Mhina shakes her head, I didn't live there. I've been a traveller. Can you tell me much about your society?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 08:15 PM
The man named Moren shrugs, holding an out an arm in front of Mhina and letting a merchant's cart pass in front of them

It's a big city... Anything in particular?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 08:20 PM
Mhina steps back and looks around. I've never been in a big city before. I'm not familiar with the magicks and things...

Lykan
2006-12-08, 08:25 PM
The man leads her toward a large stone building with a series of columns set up before its entrance

Artificers here make a lot of money. Magical item makers, I mean. They essentially have contributed everything from the constant warm tempreture within the city to the fields of force that domes over us.

He points to a semitransperant blue barrier above them

Mhina
2006-12-08, 08:27 PM
Mhina looks up at the dome and sighs, My boyfriend was trying to teach me artificing...before he was killed...

Lykan
2006-12-08, 08:30 PM
The man sighs, reaching the steps of the building

That's so sad... What happened to him?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 08:32 PM
Mhina shakes her head, I don't know...I wasn't there when it happened.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 08:38 PM
The man shakes his head

So sad...

He leads Mhina into the building, crowds of people scurrying around in every direction, and to a desk in the northwest corner. A woman at the desk looks up

Yes?

This young lady wishes to apply for citezenship.

The woman points down a hallway, going back to a pile of paperwork on her desk. The soldier looks back at Mhina

Can you take it from here?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 08:40 PM
Mhina nods to the soldier, Yes, thank you. Once she's excused herself she heads down the hallway.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 08:47 PM
The hallway is much less packed with people, though it is still rather hard to navigate through. At the end of the hallway is a room with several other elves, halflings, even some creatures of celestial ancestry sitting in chairs placed lining the walls of the rooms, filling out forms. Another woman sits at this desk, oddly similar in appearence to the one that directed her here.

Can I help you?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 08:48 PM
I am looking for citizenship.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 08:51 PM
The woman holds out some forms with the following questions printed onto them

Last Name:
First Name:
Race:
Place of Birth:
Age:
Eyes:
Hair:
Occupation:
Affiliations:
Have you had any diseases in the past? If so, which affliction(s)?:
Have you been part of any resistance groups in the past? If so, which one(s)?:
Have you had training in combat?:
Do you know how to use arcana magic?:
Do you know how to use psionic powers?:
Do you have relatives in Wurmwreath?:

Mhina
2006-12-08, 08:55 PM
Mhina looks over the form before thinking up something and filling out the form quickly:

Last Name: Firestorm
First Name: Ivellios
Race: Elf
Place of Birth: Calimport
Age: 112
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Occupation: Pscionicist/Cleric
Affiliations: Temple of Iames
Have you had any diseases in the past? If so, which affliction(s)?: no
Have you been part of any resistance groups in the past? If so, which one(s)?: no
Have you had training in combat?: some
Do you know how to use arcana magic?: no
Do you know how to use psionic powers?: yes
Do you have relatives in Wurmwreath?: no

She then takes the papers back up to the woman.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 09:00 PM
The woman nods

Okay Miss... Firestorm... You have to go through a physical examination next... That room there.

She points to another door on the west side of the room

Mhina
2006-12-08, 09:01 PM
Mhina grimaces but nods and heads to the room indicated.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 09:07 PM
A man in clerical clothing looks up, holding a copy of the forms Mhina had filled out moments before

Miss Ivellios Firestorm?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 09:08 PM
Mhina nods, Yes.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 09:16 PM
The doctor nods, measuring her hight, wieght, pulse, breathing patterns, and body tempreture. He looks down at the recorded body tempreture of 0

I'm sorry... I think the tempreture gauge might be broken... I'll be right back.

He leaves the room, leaving behind the forms and his equipment...

Mhina
2006-12-08, 09:34 PM
Mhina freezes for a moment, trying to figure out what to do. She then uses a psionic trick to raise her blood temperature.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 09:37 PM
The man comes back

Okay, we have a brand new one here...

He uses it on Mhina, and the device makes a "ding" sound

Looks like you're all set...

He puts the papers on a circular rune on his desk, and they dissipear in a beam of light. He looks out the door

NEXT!

Mhina
2006-12-08, 09:50 PM
Mhina nods her thanks to him. Forgive me...but am I now a citizen, or is there more?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 09:54 PM
Unless you plan on buying property today, no.

A male desert elf entering the room looks at Mhina lustful look as he enters the room

Mhina
2006-12-08, 09:56 PM
Mhina bows to the doctor and nods to the elf as she makes her way out. She heads to the main foyer and tries to get the lady's attention that she'd first seen, Excuse me...

Lykan
2006-12-08, 09:58 PM
The woman looks up again

Yes, Miss Firestorm?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 10:01 PM
Can you direct me to the building where I may register to join the guard?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 10:11 PM
The Central Guard is in the West Tower, on the westernmost part of the city.

The woman goes back to her paperwork

Mhina
2006-12-08, 10:13 PM
Mhina bows and heads in that direction.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 10:23 PM
Several minutes later, Mhina finds herself at a tall black tower, attached directly to the city wall. Inside is a broad looking man assigning parts of the city to a group of smaller men in women of various races. He looks up at Mhina, with an annoyed look on his face

Adress complaints in the other room, missy.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 10:25 PM
Mhina shakes her head, I do not complain often. I'm here for a job.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 10:38 PM
The man gives a grunt of laughter

What makes you thin your cut for it, missy?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 10:39 PM
Mhina produces a dagger out of ice and tosses it right at the toe of the man's shoe.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 10:43 PM
The man raises an eyebrow, kicking away the dagger

Mages usually go to the arcane labs... What makes you different?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 10:46 PM
Mhina shakes her head, I'm not a mage. I'm a psionicist. And a fighter.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 10:55 PM
The man rolls his eyes

Same thing.

He looks out at a guard about to leave the room

Jaet! Proove this girls worth, will you?

The man nods, drawing out a pistol instantly and letting off several shots at Mhina

Mhina
2006-12-08, 10:57 PM
Mhina throws up an ice shield and then pounds her hand into it, sending shards of the ice flying at the one charged to prove her worth.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 11:12 PM
The man (and several others) is impaled by the ice shards, and falls to the ground. The captain grunts

Take him to the medics.

He turns to Mhina

Do you have registration?

Mhina
2006-12-08, 11:14 PM
Mhina looks around, a bit confused. If you're talking about citizinship, then yes...if you're talking about anything else, no.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 11:18 PM
The man nods

Citezenship. Yes. What's your name, then?

Medics haul the injured men and women away

Mhina
2006-12-08, 11:19 PM
Ivellios Firestorm Mhina states.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 11:24 PM
He nods, laying a hand on a circular rune on his desk, and the papers appear in a flash of light. He scans it and tosses ot back on his table grinning slightly

I still don't get why you'd want to be a gaurd... The artificers make much more money.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 11:25 PM
Mhina shakes her head, I'm no good at artificing...I've taken a shy approach to it due to a bad experience.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 11:31 PM
The man shrugs, heading back to his desk

I bet it's a nice story. Your stationed at the mages district tonight. Get going if you want your full pay.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 11:33 PM
Mhina nods and heads out. She sighs and makes her way to the Mage's quarter.

Lykan
2006-12-08, 11:52 PM
Another man, carrying a quarterstaff, follows Mhina, grumbling

Stupid job... *grumble* stupid prison... *grumble*... again *grumble*

Mhina
2006-12-08, 11:54 PM
Mhina glances back at the man, Something wrong?

Lykan
2006-12-08, 11:57 PM
The man scowls at her

I have to work those goddamned prisons again... Smells like urine and there's no place to take a freakin' nap.

Mhina
2006-12-08, 11:59 PM
Mhina nods, I will trade you. I am heading to the mage's quarter and have no interest in watching over a bunch of arrogant wizards.

Lykan
2006-12-09, 12:03 AM
The man raises an eyebrow

Mage's quarters?

The man thinks for a second

I could pass for a begger there... Thanks rookie!

He begins to head in the direction of the wizards quarters. The prison is clearly visible from where Mhina currently stands, a black pillar staring down on the rest of the citezens of the city...

Mhina
2006-12-09, 12:04 AM
Mhina bows with a smile as the other guard disappears and makes her way toward the prison.

Lykan
2006-12-09, 12:08 AM
Other guards can be seen exiting the prison as Mhina approaches. One of them taps Mhina on the shoulder

You the new guy?

Mhina
2006-12-09, 12:14 AM
Mhina nods to him. Yes sir.

Lykan
2006-12-09, 12:16 AM
5th floor. better get in now before weasel man notices your late.

He heads off into the night

Mhina
2006-12-09, 12:18 AM
She nods and heads in the direction she was sent.

Lykan
2006-12-09, 12:21 AM
The weasel man looks up from behind his desk on the first floor momentarily before shaking his head and going back to work. When Mhina gets to the 5th floor, she finds that she is the only gaurd up their, among an entire full block of cells. Some of the prisoners make cat calls from their cells

Mhina
2006-12-09, 12:23 AM
Mhina glances toward the cells momentarily before searching the room for the extraction device.

Lykan
2006-12-09, 12:25 AM
The floor is occupied only by cells, and their convicts

Mhina
2006-12-09, 12:30 AM
Mhina looks over the cells to see if there's any man in the cells that might have once been a guard.

Lykan
2006-12-09, 12:37 AM
None of the men seem to carry themselves like a guard, most just act like a lecherous group of animals

Mhina
2006-12-09, 12:39 AM
Mhina flips the group off before disappearing to head upstairs to continue her search, quietly.

Lykan
2006-12-09, 12:46 AM
THe next ten floors yeild no results, just cells, prisoners, and guards. The 15th floor however appears to be different. There are no cells, no prisoners... Just an empty room with a single torch and a platform in the middle. More stairs lead upwards on the other side of the room

Mhina
2006-12-09, 12:47 AM
Mhina approaches the platform, stealthily.

Lykan
2006-12-09, 12:50 AM
It appears to have chains and leather straps coming from each corner. Various scalpels, screws, saws, and whips lay in a container aside the platform, coverd in dried blood...

Mhina
2006-12-09, 12:52 AM
Mhina steps away and grimaces. She continues heading upstairs.

Lykan
2006-12-09, 12:55 AM
The next floor contains a series of heavy machineryClanking and whirring rythmically. A man in blue clothing leans back n a chair, obviously asleep...