PDA

View Full Version : The Sleeping Elf, Tavern and Inn (Rebirth) [Town]



Pages : [1] 2

Aikifox
2006-06-12, 10:56 AM
On the crowded city streets, between a pair of seedier establishments, rests a small tavern. As you step towards it, the sign comes into view, hanging above the door with golden letters.

The letters read:
The Sleeping Elf

When you step inside, you are greeted by the smell of fresh fruit, baked bread, and fine wines. At the bar stands a young man; around nineteen years old with delightful brown hair tied back in a small ponytail. He wears a blue cloak and matching tunic, and his nametag reads "Amrik".

"May I help you?" he says, in his youthful voice, and immediately you feel at home. To the right of the bar is a maple staircase leading to the rooms, to the left of the bar there is a stone wall, with a very rustic fireplace, a merry fire crackling in it. No heat eminates from the fire now, as it is summer. Above the fireplace is a bow and a pair of swords in an X shape.

There are tables scattered evenly around the tavern area, and a stage in the right corner, closest the door. Milling about among the tables is a young woman with auburn brown hair, tied back in a high ponytail. Her skin is tanned and her eyes are alight as she triapses between customers. She wears the same uniform as Amrik, and her nametag reads, "Amelie-Mae (May)"

Above the bar is a sign that reads:

Welcome to The Sleeping Elf
Rooms:
Commons, 1 SP/night
Suite (bedroom and dining room) 3 SP/night
Loft (2 bedroom, dining room, kitchen area) 10 GP/Month, 5 SP/Day
* * * * *
Meals:
Breakfast Buffet, Served until eleven of the clock: 3 SP/Person
Dinner Buffet, Served until eighteen of the clock: 4 SP/Person
Individual meals:
Seafood Platter: 1 GP
Venaison: 9 SP
Steak: 5 SP
Veal: 6 SP
Pork/Bacon/Ribs: 7 SP each
Salads (All custom): 6 SP (Meal), 2 SP (Side)

Beverages:
White Wine: 4 GP/bottle
Water: Free
Milk: 2 SP/pitcher
Teas:
Requested Flavours may vary
Regular: 3 SP/pot
Mint or strawberry: 5 SP/pot
Hot water (For your own tea): 2 SP/kettle
Iced-Tea, (NEW): 4 SP/tankard, 2 SP/flagon
Red Wine: 5 GP/bottle
Ginger beer: 2 SP/bottle.
Ale: 2 SP/flagon, 4 SP/pitcher.

Note: We do not serve fox or human. Any persons caught eating either within the inn will be asked to leave


Legionaire discount, 1/2 price with proof of membership. This inn is subject to the protection of the Legion.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-12, 11:05 AM
*Death glides in*

Do you serve ginger beer my friend?

Aikifox
2006-06-12, 04:23 PM
A man with red-brown hair walks up, noticed immediately as Aikidu, the Foxmaster, without even reading the nametag.

He smiles and nods.

We do now. As manager of The Sleeping Elf, I announce that we now serve Ginger Beer for 2 Silver Pieces a bottle.

Aikifox
2006-06-13, 09:40 AM
-bumps some life into his inn- No! Don't die on me Now!

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-13, 09:53 AM
*walks in and places 2 silver pieces onto the counter*

Ginger beer for me if i may. How are you today 'keeper?

Aikifox
2006-06-13, 10:31 AM
Aikifox takes pride in his NPCs serving drinks, and he sits with death. I am well, how are you this day, friend?

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-13, 10:38 AM
I am doing fine today, i was watching a trans dimentional window (i think i desreve a A for effort on role playing) and i was watching the World Cup. Looks like the country of "Australia" won against the place called "Japan". How is your team going if you watch these windows?

Aikifox
2006-06-13, 10:41 AM
Aikifox chuckles and pulls out his orb of future-sight +19.

Well, I'm partial to the team from Italy. I think they won last night aswell, though I'm not positive, as I don't watch avidly.

The orb floats, emitting a faint purple glow as it sits in the exact three-dimensional centre of the room.

Supagoof
2006-06-13, 10:41 AM
Supagoof walks in.

I'll need to be renting a room for a few weeks. I'm going on "vacation", and just need a spot to rest my weary head. How about one of those lofts?

Aikifox
2006-06-13, 10:44 AM
Amrik speaks with the new patron. A loft? They are warm, dry, and exceptionally spacious. On the third floor. We rent them by the month for 10 GP if you're interested.

Aikifox nods at his NPC's expertise in this field of work.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-13, 10:48 AM
I think i need a room for the night to, one without lights.

*passes money over*

Night, oh *Death turns* good luck to this "Italy" of yours.

Aikifox
2006-06-13, 10:51 AM
Good night, and luck to "Australia" aswell.

Aikifox turns to his orb of future sight and something in monochrome [I love Lucy] appears.

[Okay, future re-runs...]

Supagoof
2006-06-13, 11:34 AM
Ah, a month would be fine. As long as it has a Do Not Disturb sign to hang on the door.

He hands over 10 gp.

HellRaid
2006-06-13, 12:39 PM
Hellion enters and looks around. He nods to Supagoof and the bartender, and then suddenly seemed to remember something. He leaves quickly.

-=Hell Out=-

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-14, 03:49 AM
*sips his ginger beer*

Very quiet here.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-06-14, 03:51 AM
Good day everyone, I have returned. How has this fine establishment fared lately? I have been in after passing out in the main floor.

Dispozition
2006-06-14, 03:52 AM
*Wings walks in and looks at Death.*

"Not any more old friend. How have you been anyway? And why are you here instead of Trog's Tavern. I'm mixing drinks over there now."

((Darn you Mortia. That's 3 times now))

Dryken
2006-06-14, 04:00 AM
*walks in with box*

"Dispozition was gone, so I thought I'd come by here. What kind of breakfast do they serve here?"

Dispozition
2006-06-14, 04:03 AM
"I was?"

Dryken
2006-06-14, 04:04 AM
"Not really, I just needed an excuse to come to get some breakfast. heehee."

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-06-14, 04:06 AM
Breakfast? I am just getting ready to have dinner. Its 5pm here...

Dispozition
2006-06-14, 04:06 AM
"I'm still mixing that drink you ordered anyway. Back at Trog's. Infact.

*Produces shaker from under robe*

"Here it is. Dig in, as such."


((^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how do you manage it. It's 5 now. try to get ten. I dare you >:( ))

Dryken
2006-06-14, 04:11 AM
"Huzaah! We're in two places at once! Thank the gods for these trans-dimensional gateways, eh?"

*knocks back the drink, shakes his head a couple of times in pain and then eyes the glass.*

"I see a regular glass was able to withold it this time. Now, what's on the breakfast menu?"

((It's about 4am here. I'm probably going to call it a night))

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-06-14, 04:16 AM
4am=a night?

Somebody has lied to you my friend...

Dryken
2006-06-14, 04:18 AM
No no. I'm a nighthawk. I usually go to bed at around dawn. I guess I should call it a morning, but that would seem a little...odd.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-06-14, 04:19 AM
Yeah, I could see how calling a sunrise morning would seem odd...

Dryken
2006-06-14, 04:21 AM
Fair enough. I could go in to a whole rant about the complexities of my mind, but we'd both know I'd be lying. let's just say I call it sleep-time.

Mortia De Luna Draco
2006-06-14, 04:23 AM
Sounds good to me. (I usualy dont get to bed until sunrize either, but giveing someone else a hard time of it makes me feel better inside...)

Aikifox
2006-06-14, 09:47 AM
Aikifox waltzes in and looks around.

Hello Patrons! he says, How are you all this day?

He walks backward to the bar, glancing around at all the familiar faces, and takes a cup of lukewarm mint tea, before slipping a dagger of frost into it.

Iced tea? says Amrik, It'll revolutionize the industry! he seems amazed.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-14, 09:58 AM
*Wings walks in and looks at Death.*

"Not any more old friend. How have you been anyway? And why are you here instead of Trog's Tavern. I'm mixing drinks over there now."

((Darn you Mortia. That's 3 times now))

If i could only be at one place at a particular time how would i get my job done?

Aikifox
2006-06-15, 09:58 AM
Aikifox strolls in and gasps.

My inn isn't on the fourth page yet! There is still hope!

He saves the inn with a bump of re-animation.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-15, 10:02 AM
*sips ginger beer*


Nice sencery...

Aikifox
2006-06-15, 10:08 AM
Aikifox smiles and nods. "Thank you, I decorated myself. I was going for a... rustic feel to it.

The foxes mill about among the inn, travelling in groups of three or four. They don't seem to have a purpose, but in reality they are providing a sort of monitoring system. Anyone with an animal empathy check of higher than 10 would notice this.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-06-16, 01:13 AM
*the llama trots in and attempts to haggle a Legionary discount of only 8 CP for a night in a common room. Seeing as the inn keeper has retired, he haggles with the draco-fox without much success and he doesn't speak Draconic anymore.*

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-16, 04:27 AM
*swags in*

An ale over here if i may.

Aikifox
2006-06-16, 10:46 AM
Aye, you may have an ale. He says, and passes off an ale to the man. Two pieces of silver. Llama, you may have a legionary discount, however the Commons are just a bunch of beds in a big room. You might try a suite for 1 SP however.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-06-17, 02:17 AM
thanks Aikifox, *he says, diging a silver out of his pouch and handing it to the hybrid Vulpine*

The llama heads upstairs and sleep for the night.

Kalbereth
2006-06-18, 10:52 PM
Around this time the door swings open to reveal a huge man dressed in a simple green traveller's cloak with the hood pulled back. Your eyes are immediately drawn to several things.

The immediate notice is his height, he couldn't possibly be less than 7 feet tall and has the strength to match. A huge sword longer than most dwarves are tall is strapped across his back, the hilt rising up right next to his shock of semi-spiky white hair, a short ponytail hanging down in back. A matching beard covers his lower jaw, and your eyes are drawn to meet the glowing, almost smiling golden pools that are his. "How much for a room, sir?" he asks with a grin, striding forward.

Dryken
2006-06-19, 04:42 AM
*staggers in and heads toward a bedroom. A loud THUMP and a groan can be heard in the room where Dryken accidentaly collapsed on the floor. A softer thump indicates that he found the bed*

Aikifox
2006-06-19, 10:08 AM
I'd like to note that a full list of accomodations can be found on the first page. Just so that people don't continually ask how much something is. [if we're properly roleplaying, you'd see the sign above the bar.]

Dryken
2006-06-19, 12:46 PM
*steps out of the room and yawns. He looks at the door he came from and notices the big sign that says "Commons". he then takes 1SP from his box and gives it to Amrik*

Apologies for not paying in advance. I was much too tired to do anything...besides, I think your floor attacked me last night. Thanks for the room!

*Rubs his bruised head and walks out of the Inn*

Aikifox
2006-06-20, 09:40 AM
Amrik blinks, shakes his head, and puts the SP in the safe. He looks around the inn and sighs. Sooo EMPTY!

(Aikifox saves his inn YET AGAIN! -wrawr!-

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-20, 09:43 AM
*Death uses his amazning abiltys to be in more than one place at once (and his lazyness to leave and reapear when ever he wants to go anywhere) to appear in the tavern*

Ginger beer if i may *hands over 2 silver* What's the gossip in the town? I hear your foxes are well informed.

blackfox
2006-06-20, 10:15 AM
A small, steel-gray cat slips in the door, trying to avoid being noticed. He starts hunting around the floor for food scraps, dodging around the foxes, and not talking to them except for a few passing remarks. He eventually wanders upstairs.

Aikifox
2006-06-20, 10:30 AM
Aiki raises his eyebrow and shakes his head. He looks at Death and smiles, having the awesome ability be in two places at once. "I'm afraid I'm not one for gossip, friend. I'm not well informed around here either..." he says, a bit resignedly.

Kalbereth
2006-06-20, 11:00 AM
The large man walks forward and introduces himself. "I'm Gavin, pleasure to meet you Amrik." He reaches into his pouch and, grinning, pulls out ten gleaming platinum pieces. "I trust that's enough for room and board for a month, in your best suite?"

HellRaid
2006-06-20, 04:07 PM
A man in a suit walks forth into the bar. He sits down, and smiles evilly.

I trust you have a permit for selling liquor on these premises? It would be oh so cruel if you didn't...

-=Hell Out=-

blackfox
2006-06-20, 04:49 PM
The steel-grey cat wanders downstairs just as a burly, long-haired grey tabby enters the inn. They hold a short, meowed conversation, then the tabby cuffs the grey on the shoulder, who hisses back. They stare at the man in a suit for a moment, then attack his legs without hesitation. At the first sign of retribution from him, they tear out of the inn and head in opposite directions.

HellRaid
2006-06-20, 04:52 PM
The man winces slightly from the cats' attacks, but the suit appears to be unscathed.

-=Hell Out=-

blackfox
2006-06-20, 04:55 PM
The tabby continues his assault on the suited man's pant leg, whereas the steel-grey (blue) cat jumps up onto the counter and onto the man's head, and swipes at the man's face with one paw, holding on to his hair with the other.

HellRaid
2006-06-20, 05:25 PM
The man yells, opens the briefcase and disappears.

(( I thought the cats had already left? ))

-=Hell Out=-

blackfox
2006-06-20, 05:26 PM
((No, because you didn't fight back.))
The 'blue' cat finds himself falling, and lands on his feet. The cats exit the inn and run in different directions.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-06-20, 07:53 PM
Well i got to head to visit the ancient scrolls of the scholars i shall see you later...

*finishs drink and waves goodbye and leaves stage right*

Aikifox
2006-06-21, 09:45 AM
Aiki traipses in holding a slip of paper in his left hand, his orb in his right.

Liscence? Why I have it right here. He shows the man the card and it is indeed a legally binding liquor liscence.

He tosses the orb over his shoulder and a starfield is projected onto the ceiling from the floating sphere of glass. A thin barrier of electric current and an alarm spell are cast without hesitation.

The_Librarian
2006-06-21, 12:21 PM
Two figures walk into the inn.

After reading the list of rooms, the woman leaves enough money for a common room and heads upstairs. *The wolf sulks.

"You can sleep outside if you prefer."

The wolf's tail wags.

"You're a complete pushover, you know that?" *He trots outside.

"Of course, we are forecast rain this evening." *She goes upstairs with a grin on her face.

((Laters...))

In the morning, Greeny waits patiently by the door until the librarian emerges from her room. Then both leave the inn and head off into the town.

Trog
2006-06-24, 11:29 PM
*a rowdy and pale group of kobolds weilding clubs come in and look around. Not spotting a Llama they quickly leave.*

Gralamin
2006-07-09, 10:40 PM
Hello. I would like to rent a room for a few weeks. I do not move my mouth as you hear this.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-09, 10:43 PM
(aikifox posts so sporadically that it safe to assume he'll agree.)

Gralamin
2006-07-09, 10:44 PM
*I head up to my new room and fall asleep*

Murky_Pool
2006-07-12, 06:20 AM
A red thing lands outside and sidles into the building. After checking the price list and looking around it walks over to the counter.

"I need a place to sleep, I'll take the central rafter in the commons" It places a weeks worth of silver on the counter and waits for agreement.

LordOfNarf
2006-07-13, 11:45 PM
*A man walks in he is wearing armour out of an incredibly fine white metal inlaid with the most intricate gold filligre you have ever seen, his face, while young, is lined from stress and worry, and he has a look as if he bears the weight of the world on his shoulders, even though he stands tall and straight. he peaks out in a voice that speaks of wisdom and intellegence beyond the years he shows*

Hello strangers, I am new in this city, and I wish to have a place to rest after my long journey, I have traveled from a far land where I was a beloved Lord and ruler, that has gone, and i would like a place for me and my horse to rest

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-14, 01:26 AM
(Tony ponders whether he should RP Aikifox's tavern while Aiki is away.)

LordOfNarf
2006-07-14, 01:40 AM
[sure, someone needs to keep a clean, honest joint like this up and running]

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-14, 01:43 AM
*the llama sends his apologies* "my player should have been in bed abut 45 minutes ago. So he's in no condition to work out fox signals right now. however it can safely be assumed that Aikifox being the hospitable fellow that he is will accept your payment and give you a fine room."

LordOfNarf
2006-07-14, 01:47 AM
Thank you kind llama, I am weary from much travel and will go to sleep now

*pays and goes to room*

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-07-24, 10:22 AM
A man with long white hair and tan clothing enters the inn. *Responding to Amrik's qurey ("May I help you?"), he says,

"Yes. *I'm going to have to stay over for a few nights, but Gusty—that's my mule, and a fine travelling companion he's been—also needs some stabling for the duration of my stay. *Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to obtain such a service."

(( OOC: Seriously, any answer to this request would be appreciated. ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-25, 09:26 PM
(sadly Aikifox has left us. hmmmm....most of the Inn owners post sporadically, if at all. Guess that's why Trog's offers beds. Ah well, as the self-appointed welcoming committee I'll be happy to help. Plus I like the cut of your Jib or the way you cut Jibar, or something.)

*Amrik replies* "Of course. We had a ...oh what was his name? Tom somebody open some stables, I believe. You may want to look there. Not sure if they're still open or not. We have rooms available in everything but the Loft. Honeymooners from Somewhere are using it *he winks.*

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-07-25, 09:31 PM
"Very well. Thank You."

(( Aikifox is gone for good or on vacation? I saw your comment on the subject above but wasn't sure one way or the other. This just seemed like the type of place Shhalahr would state, and I hoped someone could answer the question. I just started playing this game and am having some trouble finding my way around, even with the directory. Thanks for the help. ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-25, 09:44 PM
(its possible that he has just disappeared for the summer as he seems to show up randomly every month to a month and a 1/2. Its odd because he sure loved this forum when he first showed up, then he just vanished.)

(Yeah, the town can be a little overwhelming at first, but you seem like you'll fit in rather well and I'm intrigued by the character. Please swing by Trog's sometime or if you happen to stumble across llama somewhere, feel free to say hi.)

*may shows you on a map where the shop is* "Its more of a tack and animal shop, but they may be able to help you out."
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=silly;action=display;num=1150469679

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-07-25, 10:15 PM
"All right.

"Okay, I'll take a suite room. I'm likely to need it for a week or two. Depends how quickly I can find a place to set up shop."

After being shown to his room, Shhalahr returns to the tavern, then leaves the door to check out Tom's place.

(( Once again, thanks for the help, Llama. And thanks for the character compliment. It should be no surprise Shhalahr is one of my favorites [why else use him as a screen name?]. He survived Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil as part of the most well-oiled adventuring machine I have ever seen. But if you're so intrigued by him, you probably already know that from reading the post linked to in my sig. Either that or you're just really excited about Gusty. ;) ))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-25, 10:22 PM
(You're welcome. I'm heading out to watch Saw II, but I'll be around, feel free to drop me a shout on AIM, yahoo, MSN or just by OOTS PM if you need anything.)

(Grrs in jealousy. I've never gotten to run around in the Temple of Elemental evil....planned it once, but our GM sputtered out on the level 1-3 module, prologue to it. Darn Golthias tree. Love that Meepo though.)
______________________________________________

*llama walks into the inn wth a meditating elf child laying on his back. Alarra follows behind him, holding another elven child.*

(ack almost 3 AM! no good RPing here.) *llama pays for a room and pays the bell hop to take the two upstairs.*

"Thanks Alarra for coming along. That was fun. But I'm gonna go keep an eye on these two. Sadly, as elves, they only need 4 hours of rest." *llama trots upstairs for the night.*

Alarra
2006-07-28, 03:04 AM
Alarra waves goodnight to the kids and leaves the inn.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-28, 01:57 PM
*llama and the kids comes out and down the stairs. They buy some lunch and then head out into the town, but only after Ala has had time to rename 5 of the foxes running around.*

Elrosth
2006-08-04, 06:32 AM
A tired-looking red-headed woman in a traveling cloak enters the building. Approaching the counter, she pulls out a coin-purse.

"Hello..." she glances at the young man at the counter, "...Amrik. I don't suppose you take dragons here? It's a Waterdeep mint. I'm new here, and I haven't gotten to change in any of my coins yet. I've been traveling for some time, and I'd really like a room..."

~

Pausing for a moment, she yawns.

"I'll take that as a yes. Here you are," she says, and sets a gold coin on the counter. "Keep the change." She yawns again, and staggers up the stairs to her room.


~~


Well into the late afternoon, the woman finally returns downstairs and leaves.

Fenric
2007-01-16, 01:30 AM
Earl Fenric appears in the tavern

My friend used to run this place: I can't just let it die.

A number of the NorZilliar clan appear around him, and take up their places in the Inn and Tavern.

Even if no one but us ever uses it, I shall not let Aiki's memory die.

Earl Fenric dissolves into mist, and a picture of Aiki and Alraune, surrounded by a large number of small foxes, appears over the fireplace.

Fen3
2007-01-17, 11:02 AM
Several off-duty acolytes from the temple come in and sit down. They get the dinner buffet and ginger beer, then sit around and chat about the various goings-on at the temple.

DarkHunter
2007-01-17, 08:51 PM
Fendran wanders into the tavern, feeling curious about a place he hasn't seen open before.

As soon as he gets in, he realizes what a mistake it was as at least five of his cousins turn to look at him.

oh bloody frell...

It's FENDRAN!
GET HIM!
DON'T LET HIM GET AWAY!
Everybody! Zap him with missiles!

Fendran turns and runs for his life pursued by twenty-five magic missiles.

Deadly
2007-01-18, 12:44 PM
Deadly walks in and looks around This looks nice... he says and takes a look at the menu. After a while he smiles and orders a glass of wine before sitting down at the fireplace.

Magician
2007-01-24, 03:37 PM
Magician enters the tavern with a grin at the kitten "Yet another tavern." He stops short with an extremely unsettled expression as he sees the sort of people running the place. "Perhaps not the place for us, hm?" Without further comment, he leaves again.

Castaras
2007-01-24, 03:38 PM
*Smug Meow*

Fenric
2007-01-30, 07:28 PM
Several off duty acolytes and priests from the Temple of Inari enter and have a nice dinner.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:00 PM
After searching a bit, Kio walks in along with Jor. She looks around and smiles Now that's more peaceful.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:04 PM
Jo nods and leads her to a table, pulling out a chair for her. Indeed...hopefully it will stay this way.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:07 PM
She sits down and smiles One can only hope.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:09 PM
He sits across from her and orders some wine.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:12 PM
She picks up a menu and studies it a bit

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:15 PM
He glances over the menu and frowns, hissing slightly, when he sees the veal. There is something I never quite understood about humans. Veal. A cow is a cow. Why take something's life when it's barely started living it?

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:18 PM
She sighs I can think of several reasons, none of them pleasant to think about.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:21 PM
He frowns. Well I don't understand it...I mean, they're easier to catch...but if you're slaying an animal in a stockyard it doesn't matter...

Or are we not speaking of cows anymore?

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:23 PM
Calves take a shorter time to breed. Having to wait for them to grow up and have a full life before killing them takes too long for most humans, I think. It's a matter of shortsightedness and impatience, something humans have in abundance.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:27 PM
He sighs. But they sell them for more, as though it would be a burden to the economy not to do so. It takes less time, less food, and therefore less money to produce a calf versus a full grown animal...

I suppose I'll never understand a normal human's set of mind.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:30 PM
Same here. And you'd think reading people's minds for a living makes it easier to understand them. Unfortunatly some things are just too wierd.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:32 PM
He chuckles, I've tried to read their minds, as well...the human mind is an astounding place...reasoning holds no basis behind cause and effect or any other scientific fact.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:36 PM
She smiles and pours some wine. They are generally industrious, but wisdom is not usually a trait I'd assign them.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:38 PM
Jo sips at his wine. I'm sorry...I get off on tangents...and most of them involve mortal stupidity...

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:40 PM
It's ok, sometimes it's nice to vent some steam.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:43 PM
He smiles. Considering my family, sometimes it's nice not to.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:44 PM
Ah yes, I can imagine that. I've never had much family, so I'm not much used to such problems.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:46 PM
He smiles. Consider it a blessing. I grew up the very opposite of the rest of my family, so I know how tough it can be to have family, while at the same time feel that you don't have any, you're so different.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:49 PM
She sips her wine thoughtfully That must not have been easy.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:51 PM
He shrugs. It gave me the edge I needed to start reading books.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:54 PM
Reading books?

Wukei
2007-02-18, 06:55 PM
All kinds, mostly science and math.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 06:57 PM
She smiles Ah. I have never studied a lot of that myself.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:01 PM
He grins, I wouldn't bother if I were you...it's rather boring.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:02 PM
I won't. I have plenty of other things to do. she grins.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:04 PM
He smiles. Well that's good...wouldn't want you to be bored.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:05 PM
She smiles So, if it's that boring, why did you study it? Why not something else?

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:07 PM
Well I don't think it's boring. I've just been told it is by most people.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:10 PM
Ah... well, if you find it fun it doesn't matter what others think. she smiles

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:13 PM
He smiles and kisses her lightly. Well, I guess it depends who you ask about that.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:16 PM
She smiles and nods Everyone's different.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:17 PM
He shrugs, That's what makes the world so confusing, and brilliant at the same time.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:22 PM
Exactly. Chaos creates great wonders, but it also creates horrible mistakes once in a while. she chuckles.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:24 PM
He smiles. I obviously do not understand chaos well...

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:28 PM
Chaos is not really meant to be understood.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:29 PM
What about the theory of chaos. That even though chaos is unmappable, there actually is a pattern to it?

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:33 PM
There are shades of chaos, as there are shades of law, and of light and everything. I carry around a spirit of pure chaos bound to a sword. But if it is bound, is it then true Chaos? Between pure Chaos and pure Law there's an endless amount of shades.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:35 PM
He chuckles. You know, I know the man, Chaos. Even he is bound to laws.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:41 PM
She smiles And he too is just a shade. Less so than others, perhaps, but still a shade. Now finding true, absolute Chaos... that would be great and probably totally mindblowing. she chuckles and sips her wine

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:42 PM
Ah, that's the pet frog-thing he gave to my nephew. It goes by Tinker.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:44 PM
Ooh, I have to meet that one.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:48 PM
He smiles, Perhaps we may be able to find Alex so you can see Tinker.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:49 PM
Perhaps sometime. Right now I just wish to enjoy the peace, and I doubt this Tinker is very peaceful.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 07:51 PM
He laughs. Probably not. He takes her hands in his and kisses her right hand before kissing her on the lips.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 07:55 PM
She returns the kiss and sighs slightly, looking into his eyes.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 08:00 PM
Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:10 PM
She blushes a bit and smiles Thank you.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 08:11 PM
He smiles and kisses her. I was just being honest.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:14 PM
She kisses him back I love you. she whispers and moves to sit next to him, leaning against him a bit.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 08:15 PM
He wraps an arm around her and wrests his head on top of hers. I love you, too.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:28 PM
She smiles and closes her eyes Should we rent a room here?

Wukei
2007-02-18, 08:29 PM
He smiles, kissing her cheek. Anything you'd like.

Deadly
2007-02-18, 08:30 PM
She looks up and nods slightly Let's do that, then. she smiles and stands up slowly.

Wukei
2007-02-18, 08:31 PM
He stands and walks to the bar long enough to pay for their drinks and a room and to be handed a key. He returns to Kio and offers his arm.

Deadly
2007-02-21, 01:28 PM
She takes his arm and kisses him, then head upstairs to the room.

((And with that I say goodnight... just realised I need to get up in 3 hours :smallsigh:))

[hr]
Kio comes downstairs again and orders a glass of water.

After finishing the water she walks back up to the room and writes a small note that she hangs on the inside of the door. The note simply reads "Gone to the temple. Love, Kio."

She looks over at Jor, smiles and then leaves.

Kantur
2007-02-26, 04:21 PM
Kantur and Lorrian enter the Tavern and take a seat at a table
What do you fancy to eat and drink?

Exachix
2007-02-26, 04:23 PM
Lorrian hmms.

"Hmm, I think I'll try and bacon, if that's ok with you?"

Kantur
2007-02-26, 04:29 PM
Of course it is.
He starts looking down the menu himself
Hmm, I think I'll have the ribs...
He heads over to the bar and places the order before returning to the table

Exachix
2007-02-26, 04:30 PM
Lorrian smiles to him.

"It's a nice place."

Kantur
2007-02-26, 04:38 PM
Yeah...I don't think I've been in here before, come to think of it.

Exachix
2007-02-26, 04:39 PM
Lorrian smiles and hmms.

((AHH! sorry Kantur, I should go to bed =(. Sorry! Goodnight))

Kantur
2007-02-26, 04:42 PM
After relaxing and leisurely enjoying their meal, Kantur asks for a room and they head off to it.

((No problem, night))

Exachix
2007-02-27, 12:24 PM
Lorrian wakes slowly in their room.

Kantur
2007-02-27, 01:03 PM
Kantur wakes and stretches

Exachix
2007-02-27, 01:05 PM
Lorrian looks over and smiles to him.

"Morning."

Kantur
2007-02-27, 01:12 PM
Morning. Good sleep?

Exachix
2007-02-27, 01:13 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Yep! How about you."

Kantur
2007-02-27, 01:17 PM
Can't complain certainly.

Exachix
2007-02-27, 01:18 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Good!"

Kantur
2007-02-27, 01:23 PM
I'm in a bit of a lazy mood today...There's nowhere we need to be today, right?

Exachix
2007-02-27, 01:26 PM
Lorrian shakes her head.

"Not that I know of."

Kantur
2007-02-27, 01:31 PM
Good.
He snuggles up against her, kissing her cheek.

((In other words I need to head off for hockey training in a few minutes :smallwink:))

Exachix
2007-02-27, 01:38 PM
((Ah ok.. Good luck)).

Lorrian smiles and kisses him back.

Kantur
2007-03-01, 12:55 PM
Kantur wakes, having finally found a free evening had enough sleep.

Exachix
2007-03-01, 01:29 PM
Lorrian wakes too, and smiles to him.

Kantur
2007-03-01, 01:39 PM
Morning. How're you today?

Exachix
2007-03-01, 01:43 PM
"I'm ok, you?"

Kantur
2007-03-01, 01:45 PM
I'm great. Anything in particular you want to do today?

Exachix
2007-03-01, 01:47 PM
Lorrian shakes her head.

"Not really."

Kantur
2007-03-01, 01:54 PM
Another packed, hectic day then? :smalltongue:

Exachix
2007-03-01, 01:55 PM
Lorrian laughs.

"Yep!" She smiles.

Kantur
2007-03-01, 02:00 PM
Good.
He snuggles up to her and kisses her cheek

Exachix
2007-03-01, 02:06 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Did you have any plans?"

Kantur
2007-03-01, 02:15 PM
Only spending time with you.

Exachix
2007-03-01, 02:17 PM
Lorrian smiles and kisses him back.

"Good!"

Kantur
2007-03-01, 02:27 PM
How about we head downstairs and get something to eat? I don't know about you, but I could eat a small horse. Maybe a medium one come to think of it...

Exachix
2007-03-01, 02:32 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Okaydokay."

Kantur
2007-03-01, 02:42 PM
Kantur heads downstairs

Exachix
2007-03-01, 02:43 PM
Lorrian gets up and heads down after him.

Kantur
2007-03-01, 02:52 PM
Hmm, the pork and ale for me I think, what about you?

Exachix
2007-03-01, 02:54 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Urm... the Steak."

Kantur
2007-03-01, 02:59 PM
He lays some coins down on the counter

Exachix
2007-03-01, 03:01 PM
Lorrian smiles to Kantur, and lays some coins down too.

"Can't let you take all the cost."

Kantur
2007-03-01, 03:04 PM
And why not?

Exachix
2007-03-01, 03:07 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Well... it's urm... not fair!"

Kantur
2007-03-01, 03:10 PM
He leans over and kisses her
You didn't need to. But I appreachiate it.

Exachix
2007-03-01, 03:16 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Glad to help you out!"

She returns the kiss, and sits in a chair.

Kantur
2007-03-01, 03:27 PM
Kantur sits down beside her and watches the food get brought out.

Exachix
2007-03-01, 03:30 PM
Lorrian smiles and leans over onto him as the food gets placed in front of them. She thanks the Waiter, sits up and begins to cut the Steak.

Kantur
2007-03-01, 03:34 PM
That can't be a comfy way to eat.
He jokes, before gently resting his head on hers before sitting more comfortably to eat and starting his meal.

Exachix
2007-03-01, 03:44 PM
Lorrian smiles and sits up more comfortably, and begins to eat the steak.

"Well, not really."

Kantur
2007-03-01, 03:53 PM
Kantur finishes his meal and puts the cutlery down on the side of the plate
Nope, wasn't hungry enough for a medium horse...

Exachix
2007-03-01, 03:55 PM
Lorrian smiles and finishes soon after, putting her clutlery on her plate, and smiling to Kantur, before leaning her head on him.

" 'tis good food."

Kantur
2007-03-01, 03:59 PM
He slides an arm around her and leans against her
Yeah. You know, I'm not sure if I like that we're the only ones here or dislike the quiet...

Exachix
2007-03-01, 04:01 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"I think I like the quiet. Less imminent Danger."

Kantur
2007-03-01, 04:14 PM
Didn't think about it like that...But then, it's not like we can't take care of ourselves...

Exachix
2007-03-01, 04:16 PM
Lorrian smiles and kisses him.

"Nope!"

Kantur
2007-03-01, 04:27 PM
Guess that's why I don't mind being in a place that could be dangerous...
He playfully ruffles her hair
Oh well.

Exachix
2007-03-01, 04:33 PM
Lorrian smiles at Kantur.

"Maybe."

Kantur
2007-03-01, 04:41 PM
Kantur reaches under her, trying to lift her up onto his knees

Oh well, so as I'm with you.

Exachix
2007-03-01, 04:43 PM
Lorrian giggles, and puts an arm around his neck, submitting and sitting on his knee.

"I'm glad you're here."

Kantur
2007-03-01, 04:58 PM
Kantur wraps his arms around her waist
So am I

Exachix
2007-03-01, 04:59 PM
Lorrian smiles and rests her head on his shoulder, and closes her eyes.

"I love you Kantur"

((Ah! Sorry Kantur, I should go to bed, goodnight, and feel free to NPC Lorrian.))

Kantur
2007-03-01, 05:04 PM
((Goodnight.))

I love you too.
He holds her tight before deciding on the lazy option and Dimension Dooring back to the room, laying with her as she drifts off to sleep.

----------

A little while later, he slides out of the bed and waits a few minutes before Teleporting off into town.

----------

Kantur arrives back in the tavern and heads up to the room, slipping back into the bed.

----------

After some restless sleep, and an attempt to see how many time this post can be edited, Kantur gets up, dressed and Teleports to Inari's

----------

Kantur wanders back in and slides back into bed, slowly falling asleep.

Exachix
2007-03-04, 09:33 AM
Lorrian wakes slowly.

Kantur
2007-03-04, 10:16 AM
Kantur wakes beside her
Morning you.

Exachix
2007-03-04, 10:22 AM
Lorrian smiles to him.

"Morning. How are you?"

Kantur
2007-03-04, 10:23 AM
I'm good, what about yourself?
He shuffles over and kisses her cheek

Exachix
2007-03-04, 10:27 AM
Lorrian smiles and kisses him back.

"I'm ok!"

Kantur
2007-03-04, 10:42 AM
Good. Anything in particular you feel like doing today?

Exachix
2007-03-04, 10:47 AM
Lorrian hmms.

"Not particularly. Do you?"

Kantur
2007-03-04, 11:00 AM
Not that I can think of.

Exachix
2007-03-04, 11:03 AM
Lorrian grins and kisses him.

"Ah."

Kantur
2007-03-04, 11:12 AM
Kantur returns the kiss and smiles at her
I love lazy days

Exachix
2007-03-04, 11:13 AM
Lorrian smiles.

"I do too."

Kantur
2007-03-04, 11:26 AM
Kantur slides his arms around her
I wonder if they'd send food to the room...

Exachix
2007-03-04, 11:29 AM
Lorrian smiles and her arms lean on his shoulders as she kisses him.

"I wonder if they do."

Kantur
2007-03-04, 11:32 AM
He kisses her back
You know, i don't actually care right now...

Exachix
2007-03-04, 11:38 AM
Lorrian smiles.

"Really?"

She then kisses him passionately.

Kantur
2007-03-04, 11:45 AM
He kisses her back with just as much passion
Really.

Exachix
2007-03-04, 11:46 AM
Lorrian giggles.

"Oh good."

She kisses him again.

Kantur
2007-03-04, 11:57 AM
He runs his fingers and down her back as he kisses her

((Hmm, I'm suspecting a black curtain soon...))

Exachix
2007-03-04, 11:58 AM
((Hmm...))

Lorrian smiles and shuffles a little closer to him, giving him a kiss.

((..yep))

Kantur
2007-03-04, 12:10 PM
He kisses her back, gently reaching up to push her hair back behind her shoulder, holding her tightly against him as the black curtain wanders over and arranges itself around the room.

Exachix
2007-03-04, 12:42 PM
Later...

The black curtain fades out, it's task done, leaving the pair lying in the bed, Lorrian smiling to Kantur.

Kantur
2007-03-04, 12:46 PM
I love you.

Exachix
2007-03-04, 12:46 PM
"I love you too Kantur."

Kantur
2007-03-04, 12:50 PM
He holds her closely and kisses her cheek

Exachix
2007-03-04, 12:53 PM
Lorrian smiles and kisses him back.

Kantur
2007-03-04, 01:02 PM
Kantur lies against her, resting his head beside hers

Exachix
2007-03-04, 01:08 PM
Lorrian smiles, and looks at him.

Kantur
2007-03-04, 01:12 PM
Kantur looks intently back into her eyes

Exachix
2007-03-04, 01:14 PM
Lorrian smiles and stares back.

((Got to go. Be back soon, hopefully)

Kantur
2007-03-04, 01:28 PM
((It's fine, I've got guests round anyway, might be back later))

Exachix
2007-03-04, 04:12 PM
((back))

Lorrian smiles, and, out of no-where, kisses Kantur passionately, well aware that he may not reply =P.

Kantur
2007-03-04, 04:36 PM
Kantur returns to the world of the conscious and returns the passionate kiss.

Exachix
2007-03-04, 04:37 PM
Lorrian smiles, and hugs him.

Kantur
2007-03-04, 04:39 PM
Anything you want to do tomorrow?

Exachix
2007-03-04, 04:41 PM
Lorrian hmms.

"Not particually. At some point I'd like to do home. That is, our village. But I gues I should go with Exachix on that, and he probably wants to stay near-ish to Kystal."

Kantur
2007-03-04, 04:45 PM
Would you want me to go back with you? Or keep it as a family thing?

Exachix
2007-03-04, 04:46 PM
Lorrian snuggles into him.

"You can come if you want. I don't know what would happen. We may be coming right back."

She smiles faintly.

Kantur
2007-03-04, 04:51 PM
We can talk it over with Exachix. No point inviting me along if he wants it to be family...

Exachix
2007-03-04, 04:54 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"He shouldn't mind. Hopefully."

She grins and yawns.

Kantur
2007-03-04, 04:57 PM
Tired?
He smiles at her

Exachix
2007-03-04, 04:57 PM
Lorrian nodds.

"Yes."

Kantur
2007-03-04, 05:00 PM
Well I'm not heading off anywhere...
He snuggles up to her

Exachix
2007-03-04, 05:01 PM
Lorrian smiles and rests her head on his chest, slowly falling asleep in his arms.

((Sorry, Goodnight Kantur.))

Kantur
2007-03-04, 05:05 PM
Kantur stiffles a yawn before his eyes slowly close and he falls asleep.

Exachix
2007-03-05, 12:47 PM
Lorrian wakes, slowly.

Kantur
2007-03-05, 01:25 PM
Kantur slowly opens his eyes
Morning

Exachix
2007-03-05, 01:25 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Morning."

Kantur
2007-03-05, 01:35 PM
Good sleep?

Exachix
2007-03-05, 01:38 PM
Lorrian nodds.

"Yep!"

Kantur
2007-03-05, 01:47 PM
Good.
He smiles at her

Exachix
2007-03-05, 01:48 PM
Lorrian smiles back.

"We discussed this last night, but any plans?"

Kantur
2007-03-05, 01:57 PM
Only one I can think of is finding out about this planned trip.

Exachix
2007-03-05, 02:02 PM
Lorrian hmms.

"You mean a when to go? We could go see Exachix about it soon."

Kantur
2007-03-05, 02:05 PM
Might as well get it done today.

Exachix
2007-03-05, 02:07 PM
Lorrian nodds.

"Ok then!" She smiles and gets up and dressed.