PDA

View Full Version : The Town Square [TOWN]

HellRaid
2006-06-07, 11:56 AM
The town square is a square in the centre of town. It is remarkably small, being only two foot squared. Small trees grow in each corner, each currently being two foot tall. A tiny fountain lies at the centre of the square.

The Square was created with powerful magic. As the trees grow, the square grows, as well as the fountain. Each tree grows at the same rate. One day, perhaps, the square will be larger than the town itself...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(( The square is meant as a place for news to be shouted by criers. I know we have a newspaper already, but this can be the "People's news", filled with similar numbers of advertisements as similar modern-day newspapers.

Hopefully it will also be used for different events too. Not sure what yet, but we'll have them.... someday. Meh.

Also note this area has nothing to do with my character.

Enjoy. ))

-=Hell Out=-

HellRaid
2006-06-07, 11:59 AM
Hellion walks up to the square, and admires it for several minutes. After thinking about it quite some time, he takes a silver piece and flips it into the fountain.

I wish for a raven.

He laughs, and then turns and walks away.

When his back is turned, the square increases in size by an inch.

-=Hell Out=-

Cidd
2006-06-07, 12:06 PM
*Cidd walks in the square and takes a pile of gold from his robe. Dorps in 1000 gp and says*

I wish this town square was alot bigger than it is now.

*walks away and flies off in his mecha*

CapnAlex
2006-06-07, 12:13 PM
Hmm... it appears this living town has finally created itself a hub.

*he tosses a coin into the fountain*

I wish I had a new paint job. And a nice sword.

HellRaid
2006-06-14, 01:53 PM
Hellion suddenly appears from nowhere. He walks up to the fountain, now quite large from the massive donation, and studies it for a while. He draws a strange dagger, and starts making etchings along stone in the fountain.

A rush of wind startles him. He snaps straight, and draws his sword.

Caw.

A raven sits on the fountain.

Bloody hell. Don't do that again. I told you where to go. Now GO!

Caw!

The raven flies away. Hellion sheathes the sword and continues his scratchings. The Town Square is empty, and is still empty by the time he is content.

He walks away. The fountain's water is no longer pristine, but seems to have a slight tint of red.

(( PM me if you want to investigate the etchings. ))

-=Hell Out=-

Xerillum
2006-06-14, 02:22 PM
My iron golems stretch the trees so the square will grow. I also piss in the fountain. :)

ArchivesNinja
2006-06-14, 03:25 PM
*The tiefling walks up to the fountain, sees the red water, and investigates the etchings with narrowed and suspicious eyes.*

To tomspeeder: "Oh for heaven's sake. Put that back where it belongs."

*Reads the runes and stumbles backwards. Starts to walk away rubbing her eyes and muttering*

"Holy hells that hurt. What now?!"

Sneak
2006-06-14, 03:53 PM
Sneak walks up. "Oh, magical fountain thing that probably isn't magical at all, tell me, who is the fairest of them all? Nah. OK, fountain, I'm giving you the real deal here. What the hell does Terminus Vicis Adveho :
Sedecim six six mean? And if you don't tell me, I'm sure I can arrange for a little...drainage...if you get my drift." He cracks his knuckles menacingly at the fountain. And throws in a few gold coins, almost as an afterthought.

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 04:10 PM
Darius is seen falling from the sky, with a loud crack he lands on his feet next to Sneak. As the dust clear Darius approaches the well and throws a platin piece into it...

HellRaid
2006-06-14, 04:14 PM
The fountain becomes slightly larger, as does the square itself.

(( You need to make a wish too, or it won't work ;) ))

-=Hell Out=-

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 04:25 PM
As he sees the well growing larger he speaks his wish "I wish to knowww...the meaning of the wordssssss: Terminus Vicis Adveho :
Sedecim six six, and the history behind themmm.." Again he speaks in a slow and hissing voice

HellRaid
2006-06-14, 04:32 PM
(( Clarification: When asked a question, the fountain will show the asker cryptic images relating to the question or how to discover the answer, but will not show the answer itself. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, so long as you throw the gold in too ;) ))

-=Hell Out=-

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 04:44 PM
After seeing the images ((Over PM)) Darius takes some time to think it over...

Sneak
2006-06-14, 04:52 PM
Sneak turns to Darius. "So, coward, did you get the weird land sea island thing too? Anyway, as for the real answer...well, I took Phony Languages 1 in college, so I believe Terminus means end...and I think sedecim six six means seven six six."

Kyrian
2006-06-14, 04:54 PM
Kyrian walks out of the shadows.

So what's going to happen? Hmm...I wish to know more about Terminus Vicis Adveho :
Sedecim six six

Kyrian tosses several platinum into the fountain.

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 04:54 PM
"Yesssss I did you hwo hides behind his god powers, leave this quest, it issss mineee..." Darius glares at Sneak with his silver grey eyes

He then throws some gold pieces into the well again "Tell me whereeee...This issss, thissss land."

Kyrian
2006-06-14, 04:55 PM
((I'll be glad to help, once I get the PM...))

Sneak
2006-06-14, 05:00 PM
Sneak grins at the coward. "It's yours, eh? Tell me, my good friend the coward, have you ever heard of a concept called time? And maybe, before and after? Because I distinctly remember asking about this BEFORE you. Anyway, fountain, tell me where this land is, what it is, why it's important, and what it has to do with Terminus Vicis Adveho : Sedecim six six." He tosses in some more gold coins and a platinum coin.

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 05:06 PM
"As it matterssss who came...firsssst. What mattersss is who hasss theee...Courage to take it withhh force you cowarrrrd..." Darius turns to the fountain again

Sneak
2006-06-14, 05:11 PM
Sneak grins at Darius. "Now you're calling me a coward? Oh, come on, you can do better than that! Now you're just using my own bad insults against me!"

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 05:26 PM
The drake grins a bit with noxious fumes coming from his nostrils "Yes I can do betteeeer than that, how abouuut clawing off your faceeee? That would answer your questionnnn..about me being a coward aaaand shut you uuuup.."

Sneak
2006-06-14, 05:29 PM
"Ohh, come on! That would be giving in to my taunting. It would be admitting defeat! You wouldn't want to do that, now, would you? If you claw off my face, it just proves that you are a coward. You are too fearful of my taunts and jibes, so you had to end them by hurting me. All that that shows is that you are a coward and a sadist, who cannot face the truth, always running from yourself. Is that who you really are, drow boy? Is that who you want to be? OK, go ahead, claw my face off. Do it." Sneak walks up to Darius, an amused smile on his face.

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 05:40 PM
((Oh Sneak, you always make me laugh ;)))

"People see things diffrentlyyyy, we are all diffrent, if I choose to rip you opennn, you might think I ammm...a coward and a sadisssst, but my people would seeee mee as an individual who don't take crap likeee that from a simple humannn scummm like youuuu, I don't give a damnnnn what you think of meeeee and I wouldn't hesitate to carve that smile offff your face and throw it in the fountain to make a wish"

Sneak
2006-06-14, 05:41 PM
"Ohhh, really? Is that right? Then how come my face isn't ripped open right now?" He takes a step closer to Darius. "Come on! Are you really that afraid of me?"

(( Anyway, gotta go somewhere now. Hold that thought! We'll continue this later! ))

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 05:44 PM
Darius smiles a bit "Because you amuse me with your silly games.." He then turns the fountain again..

((^: I'll hold you to it..))

Kyrian
2006-06-14, 05:51 PM
Kyrian closes his eyes, concentrating. When he opens them, he turns to Darius.

Do you understand what it means?

Kantur
2006-06-14, 05:55 PM
Someone moves from the shadows
Truely is a puzzle, ain't it?

Kyrian
2006-06-14, 05:57 PM
Do you know of what I speak?

Kantur
2006-06-14, 05:59 PM
The carvings that've been appearing, I assume.
"Terminus Vicis Adveho :
Sedecim six six"

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 06:00 PM
"There issss nothing to understannnnd, the island is a place where soilderssss emerge from...And that issss iiiiit, I am alreadyyy investigating it...so leaveee me." The drake hisses while streaching his huge wings

Kyrian
2006-06-14, 06:01 PM
I'm not letting you take this on by yourself.

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 06:05 PM
"You are insultiiiiing me Kyrian, youuuu don't...think I have the strength to do it by myselfffff?!" Darius tail is moving wildly

Kantur
2006-06-14, 06:07 PM
I'm sure that's not what he meant, only that he'd rather you didn't take risks you don't have to that are bigger than they need be.

Kyrian
2006-06-14, 06:07 PM
No, I think you have the strength, but why let you have all the fun.

Kyrian smiles and laughs.

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 06:12 PM
"Ahhh, I seeeeee. We share sameeee thoughtssss..." He gives Kyrian a toothy smirk

Kyrian
2006-06-14, 06:14 PM
Now that's what I like to see...wow, what sharp teeth you got there Darius. So, the image is basically just a map to some location?

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 06:21 PM
"Yesssss, the location of the armyyy, I guesssss. The land issss not rather important, it just guides us to where the beforeeee mentioned army issss, we should ask theeee fountain who'sss army it isssss" Darius takes a walk around the fountain

Kyrian
2006-06-14, 06:22 PM
I wish to know who's army this is.

Kyrian tosses 5pp into the fountain.

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 06:23 PM
"Noww...weee waiiit..." Darius sits down and closes his eyes

Sneak
2006-06-14, 07:00 PM
"Ahhh, Darius. I see you're not taking this quest alone, then. What, do you not think you can handle by yourself? Do you need godboy to help you along? Hmph."

(( I doubt you are, but just in case, please take no personal offense from anything Sneak says. ))

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 07:17 PM
((Never do ;)))

Darius opens one eye and stares at Sneak "Go useeeee the litterbox kittyyyyy.."

Sneak
2006-06-14, 07:31 PM
"Oh, come on. I'm not even a cat anymore! Make up your mind, you've called me a cat and a human. You know, you really should takes some insult classes. Give you some good variety."

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 07:35 PM
"I willllll give you something if you do not shut iiit, and why are you even interested in this quesssst?" He gets up and faces Sneak

Sneak
2006-06-14, 07:38 PM
"Interested? Well, I'm really not. It just gives me something to do. For kicks, you know? Taunting you and Fuzzywuzzy gets old, eventually."

Darius Midnite
2006-06-14, 08:00 PM
"Of corussssse it doessss...."

Sneak
2006-06-14, 08:09 PM
Sneak waggles a finger at Darius. "Now, now, don't think that I'm gonna stop. I've still got to keep you on your toes, see!"

HellRaid
2006-06-15, 05:08 PM
(( Questions answered. Sorry it took so long, got cut off. And lmao at you two :P ))

-=Hell Out=-

Xerillum
2006-06-16, 12:09 PM
I push sneak in.

HellRaid
2006-06-16, 02:24 PM
(( In where?

Sorry guys, but I need to postphone this storyline a few days longer than I wanted to. Won't be on much for today/tomorrow. At all. ))

-=Hell Out=-

Xerillum
2006-06-18, 06:55 PM
in the fountain.

HellRaid
2006-06-20, 05:37 PM
From the shadows appears a man in a suit. He examines the fountain.

Ah, Daedric. It's been so long since I studied that...

-=Hell Out=-

Kantur
2006-06-20, 06:07 PM
Daedric? What the...? And while I'm asking questions, who in the nine hells are you and what're you doing here?

Flabbicus
2006-06-20, 06:08 PM
(( Been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls? ))

HellRaid
2006-06-20, 06:14 PM
(( Haha, guilty as charged. Oblivion rocks, and so does the word "daedric" :P ))

Well, my rogueish friend, this fountain appears to have daedric - or demonic, if you prefer - symbols etched onto them. I think I can translate them. No, don't look. If you look yourself then you'll likely be blinded temporarily.

As for myself, I have been sent by my... "Benefactors". There are certain events about to happen here.

Wait, I know you...

*Pulls a file out from his briefcase*

Kantur, rogue... attempted assassination? My, my. And I know you are somewhat aquainted with a certain man. The "Blackguard of Banjo", as he calls himself?

-=Hell Out=-

Kantur
2006-06-20, 06:17 PM
Not proven of all associations. (;))
He sighs
Daedric? Why can't creatures stick to Infernal? At least I can read that...

HellRaid
2006-06-20, 06:21 PM
Well, of course. But this was not etched by a creature. Daedric runes are the most powerful of demonic runes, and can only be etched exclusively by mortals. This particular mortal was incredibly skilled with his work. It's like he's been practicing for centuries.

Of course, a demon possessing a vessel may be able to write these runes, which would explain the expertise involved - this is because it would be inhabiting a mortal. A loophole, you see?

Say, you didn't answer my on my point of the Blackguard. Not that you had to, I already know.

Where is he?

(( Might be going offline in a sec, if so, later all. ))

-=Hell Out=-

Kantur
2006-06-20, 06:23 PM
I was using 'creature' to refer to a living being with a sentinent mind, but I'll let that slide.

As to the Blackguard? I'm not sure, I have a few suspicions, but he's always been...mysterious.

HellRaid
2006-06-20, 06:25 PM
Hmmph. Well, if you see him soon, give him this.

The man hands Kantur an envelope.

-=Hell Out=-

Kantur
2006-06-20, 06:26 PM
I will. I have no doubt we'll meet again. Regardless of want or need.
He turns and walks away, staggering a little, but still balanced. And, thankfully for those nearby, not singing.

Flabbicus
2006-06-20, 06:33 PM
Rilik enters and throws some platinum pieces into the fountain.

I wish I had something to do.

HellRaid
2006-07-04, 01:12 PM
In the pitch darkness, an armoured figure quickly stumbles up to the fountain. He is accompanied by a cloaked figure.

The time is nigh. With Aakearon gone for now, we can finally meet our objective...

He draws his demonic blade, which screams. With his other hand he touches several of the daedric runes in a certain order. They glow ominously as he does so, lighting up the area.

Souls of the innocent...

He pushes the sword into the red water and the balde howls. It glows with an eerie blue light and spirits seem to be moving from the blade into the water. As they do, they souls turn a dark red instead of white-blue, and float around trapped in the water.

The cloaked figure begins chanting. Hellion, now finished, raises the blade from the water. It does not scream - all the contained souls are now in the fountain.

An artefact of evil...

He pulls a book from under his cloak, the Necromonicon, stolen months ago from the Museum. He tosses it into the fountain.

And finally... a being of dark essence.

He then begins to chant the words he learned so long ago in Amiria's tower:
Kakadil-Tesakon-Revekanal-Demonika.
Kakadil-Tesakon-Revekanal-Demonika!
Kakadil-Tesakon-Revekanal-Demonika!

Hellion places his hand in the fountain, and it is wreathed in Hellfire. The Hellfire slowly leaves his arm via his hand and enters the fountain. He removes his hand.

The fountain is engulfed by Hellfire.

The cloaked figure finishes his chant.

The ground shakes.

The Master is coming! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

The ground cracks open. A giant dog-like head appears out of the fountain, and drinks the water. Then the rest of the gigantic beast. A bipedal creature on bipedal hooves, a man's chest and a dog's head, bat-like wings, a human's arms with taloned fingers, one hand grasping a giant double-bladed battle axe.

The creature roars.

Master, the Order is at your service. Now the Order shall reveal ourselves and our headquarters! Truely we cannot be stopped!

The creature looks down at Hellion, who is kneeling before the creature. It laughs and swings its battleaxe, cleaving the armoured warrior in two.

The cloaked figure retreats to the shadows and disappears. The creature jumps into the air and takes to the sky. It roars. The sky darkens red and black, lightening and balls of fire raining down upon the town.

The End Times have arrived.

((I will be making rules for how to fight the creature in a seperate thread shortly. It'll be a proper fight, not some obsure "you can only kill it using this strange object" thing. Until then, aplocalypse is raining down upon the town and the creature has departed to test its abilities before it tries to kill everyone. Have fun.

I don't plan to have much collateral damage, but it might happen. I'll ask you if you own a store I want to blow up ;)))

-=Hell Out=-

Kantur
2006-07-05, 04:13 PM
The cloaked figure pulls down his hood
And so it begins.

DarkHunter
2006-07-16, 05:56 PM
*A young elf woman walks up to the fountain, smiling happily and oblivious to the world. She throws in a coin and wishes that the man she is interested would notice her. As she stands before the fountain, a patch of grass behind her is reduced to fine, black, bone-dry ash. A second later, the maiden stiffens in anguish from an invisible attack, then drops dead to drape over the rim of the fountain, her hair spread out in the water*

Two in one day! Perhaps I can reach my next stage here. A fitting end if that fox can be my final sacrifice...

Fenric
2006-07-16, 10:13 PM
*Fenric runs in from the docks, trying to escape that which he cannot*

No! No more! No more of them! It's too much. Oh gods... why did I ever turn from the shadows...

*Fenric collapses on the grass, sobbing. Shadows and mist gather around him*
[hr]
*Fenric looks up and sees the dead elf, and the circle of ash*

draco is here... Here I am, thing of shadows!

DarkHunter
2006-07-16, 11:39 PM
*A scaly hand grabs Fenric by the neck and hoists him into the air*

I've been killing worthless dwellers of this town all day and here your come, straight to me, all by yourself...

*The taloned fingers tighten their grip*

I'd hate you even if I hadn't been sent specifically to kill you. But don't think you get to go off to that cushy Ethereal Plane thay hav around here! Oh no, I've got a little gem here to take you in, nice and comfy, to the master's dungeon... But that doesn't mean that I don't get to have a bit of fun, first.

*A sixty foot circle of grass turns into darkest ash, and the stranger disappears with Fenric*

Fenric
2006-07-19, 01:28 PM
*Fenric walks in, determination in his eyes. In his hand, a staff with a glowing gem on top*

You called, Draco?

CabbageTheif
2006-07-19, 01:30 PM
the kender comes raceing across the town square, momentarily disrupting the going ons.

then the kender is gone

NPC
2006-07-19, 01:32 PM
a smelly figure enters the town square at a jog, pauses, and goes down a side alleyway.

DarkHunter
2006-07-19, 01:32 PM
*The dragon's head lifts over the fountain. One of his horns is broken off, as if by a musket-ball, but he is otherwise in perfect condition*

So, once again, you come to me here. That wonderful snake-demigod was enough to power the remainder of my spell. Now I only need to kill you, and my transformation is complete!

Fenric
2006-07-19, 01:33 PM
I'll keep this short, then.

*Fenric hurls a grey gemstone onto the pavement and mist flows out and surrounds them both. He then charges, swinging his staff*

DarkHunter
2006-07-19, 01:34 PM
What good is that smokescreen supposed to do? And you charge me with a staff? Have you lost your little fox mind?

*The dragon grabs fenric in a claw and holds him up, but feels a strange coldness creep over him*

What is this?

Fenric
2006-07-19, 01:36 PM
It's Ravenloft. They want their dragon back. And this *Fenric snaps his staff*
is called a Retributive Strike. Telepo...

The staff explodes in a blinding flash of light. When the smoke and noise clears, the square is empty once again.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-07-22, 01:39 AM
*the llama, cloaked, trots in with someone riding on his back. They stop by the well and the man leaps off the llama and hugs an elven female who was waiting there. They embrace and share a passionate kiss while llama looks away seemingly distracted. Eventually, the man comes up and scratches him behind the ears. He notices that llama seems upset.*
"What's the matter?" *he asks*

*llama shakes his head. The elven girl grabs his head and holds it still.* "Come on. You reunited us. Let us try to help you. What's on your mind?"

*llama sighs* "Its all of this. You two took it so well, but I've seen the reactions of too many people recently. I've carried too many friends to the Ethereal Plane. Its....its starting to tear me up inside. I hoped I'd get numb to it."

*she scratches under his chin, while her beloved climbs on llama, then helps her up.* "Its good you're not numb. Now lets go. I'm curious what awaits us."

*a portal opens and llama and the 2 lovers go through*

Ceika
2006-08-03, 10:31 AM
*At a full run, Ceika rounds the corner into the town square, slowing to a jog as she enters it*

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-08-03, 10:31 AM
As Admiral Ceiblayde enters the Town Square, an impressive sight meets her. The Square is jammed full of sailors; many are local, but by her professional eye at least three-quarters of the Warsong's crew is here as well. A platform has been assembled in the middle of the square, and a few sailors mill around a ship's grating that is rigged upright at one end.

Several sailors emerge from the crowd and surround Ceika, forming a sort of honor guard as they escort her to the platform. Many are her own officers, but several are faces she has not seen since her days of piracy. Once the Admiral has climbed the platform's steps, her guard dissolves back into the Square.

El Jaspero steps forward gingerly, a grim set to his face. He is unarmed, but holds a red leather bag in his hand. He is still quite pale, but he somehow manages to hold himself straight. The pirate pulls a bone dagger from his belt and tosses it to the Admiral's feet. He salutes her and addresses the crowd.

"Admiral Ceika Ceiblayde, of the Royal Navy: I, the Dread Pirate known as El Jaspero, have wronged you in innumerable ways. I have slandered and insulted you; I have questioned your judgement and courage, and I have twice assaulted your person with intent to do murder."

He throws the bag to a burly half-orc sailor. With a shock, Ceika recognizes the brute as Dovis, former bo'sun of the Liza Jane.

El Jaspero continues. "By the immemorial custom of the sea and our service, I hereby willingly submit myself for punishment." He nods to Dovis; a wave of whispers ripples through the Square as the bo'sun opens the bag and removes a cat o' nine from the bag. The bosun's mate raises his whistle, and the shrill notes of All Hands To Witness Punishment tear the air.

El Jaspero removes his shirt, revealing a shocking number of scars, several of them quite new; a large wound to his side has been recently sewn up with black thread. The pirate turns and walks to the grating. He grabs it with his outstretched hands and waits silently, his head bowed. Dovis turns to Ceika as he uncoils the scourge in a ritual he has clearly done hundreds of times, knuckling his forehead in an informal salute.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, ma'am, if I may say so. Navy or not, you've made us proud." he whispers. He looks at her expectantly for a few moments and finally asks, "Ah, ma'am...how many?"

Kyrian
2006-08-03, 10:33 AM
Kyrian appears in the crowd, glaring daggers at El J.

2006-08-03, 10:37 AM
El Jaspero meets Kyrian's glare, then bows his head again.

Kyrian
2006-08-03, 10:38 AM
*begins looking around at the sailors around him, trying to judge if anyone is hostile*

Ceika
2006-08-03, 10:40 AM
*Ceika looks around at the crowd before her eyes focus on the large man before her*

For your intent, Jas... *She glances down at the kneeling pirate before returning her eyes to the man with the cat-o-nine* ten lashes.

*she pauses and watches as the whip is raised, but speaks again before it is brought across his back*

But only if he would see me receive the same.

*she walks over and kneels in front of El J.* Stand or fall. My loyalties have not changed. I will not see you whipped.

Kyrian
2006-08-03, 10:43 AM
*winces at Ceika's words*

2006-08-03, 10:44 AM
The pirate does not raise his head and gives a hoarse whisper.

"Admiral...Ceika. You know I will not accept that. The burden, the wrong is all mine, and the punishment is mine as well."

Ceika
2006-08-03, 10:51 AM
*Ceika stands, with a slight smile and nods. She looks between him and Dovis with a mixture of emotions on her face*

You heard him, Dovis. He doesn't accept. Put the cat away.

*She extends her hand to El Jaspero, offering to help him to his feet*

I can't hold it against you. You were looking out for your men... that's admirable, Jas... that's one of the reasons I made the choice I did... I figured it was what you would have done. Plus... you've already punished yourself more than any lashing would do.

2006-08-03, 10:58 AM
El Jaspero's head snaps up, meeting Ceika's gaze.

"No! I have wronged you, Ceika, and by the laws and customs that bind us I demand that you name your strokes. I demand it, Admiral. " He glares at Dovis. "And the man that dares strike you I will kill with my bare hands if I must."

Dovis stands confused, the cat half-in and half-out of its bag.

Kyrian
2006-08-03, 11:07 AM
Kyrian sighs and turns from the stage. He pushes his way out of the crowd and leaves.

Ceika
2006-08-03, 11:10 AM
*Ceika grins at the outburst, as though she had been trying to provoke El Jaspero and finally got the reaction she was looking for. She nods approvingly with a wink.*

Dovis. Two lashes, one for each attack. Make'em count. Good to see you haven't lost your nerve, Jas... you had me worried there for a bit.

2006-08-03, 11:17 AM
Dovis nods and readies the cat.

"Sorry 'bout this, sir. But you did insist."

The bo'sun gives the pirate his lashes; the watchful eye of the Admiral and his fellow sailors give him no room for mercy. El Jaspero takes the blows silently, but in his weakened state he collapses after the second stroke, a smile on his face.

"Thank you, Admiral." he whispers as the sea of pirates give a roar of approval.

Ceika
2006-08-03, 11:22 AM
*Ceika holds her ground with an emotionless expression as the punishment is carried out, nodding slightly when it is over. She kneels beside the fallen pirate and takes a flask from her belt.*

Looks like you could use a drink, Jas...

*She uncorks the flask and offers it to him*

TexasTitan
2006-08-03, 11:23 AM
Being tall enough to see over the crowd he sees an honorable display. He claps with the pirates.

To himself he whispers, "And I thought this was an angry mob goin ta attack the establishment. Well guess this won't hurt afterall."

2006-08-03, 11:29 AM
El Jaspero looks up at the Admiral. He takes a quick drink from the flask and smiles at the familiar taste of rum, but his face darkens as he slowly stands up again.

"I...I don't deserve your friendship, Ceika. All these years I've spent hating you, so much of my life wasted being wrong..."

He grabs his shirt and stiffly pulls it over his head as the crowd of sailors beings to disperse.

"I should go." He turns and begins to limp down the platform's steps, then turns back. "Thank you, Admiral Ceiblayde."

TexasTitan
2006-08-03, 11:33 AM
Disperses with the sailors.

Ceika
2006-08-03, 11:36 AM
*Ceika catches up to El J. and puts a hand on his shoulder.*

We all make mistakes, Jas... I've made my share of them myself. I should have let you know well before all of this mess. Please, don't walk away like this... I don't want to loose a friend. Join me for a drink? I'll buy... And it's "Ceika", not "Admiral Ceiblayde", ok?

2006-08-03, 11:41 AM
The pirate winces at Ceika's touch. That's the shoulder she almost broke with a belaying pin the other day, but his face quickly returns to a weary smile.

"A drink would be wonderful."

The pair head up to Trog's, El Jaspero leaning heavily on Ceika's shoulder.

"I call you Admiral for my own sake, you know, not yours. You earned it, and you've made us all proud. Besides, you outrank me now." He gives her a wink. "You're not the only Navy salt around here, you know."

androgial
2006-08-04, 12:21 AM
Yaltrik

A brilliant flash of light lights up the town square when it receeds all that can be seen is an orange back pack strapped to the back of a brown robed bundle of shiny black scales curled in a ball.

From this curled up ball of scales issues some sounds" Oh crap! im dead im dead im dead i just know it im dead im dead im dead"

to those that dont speak draconic it sounds like this " Growwwwwer yip yip yip gRRrr yipyipyip"

After several hours alone the little kobold uncurls , tentatively peeking around. Seeing himself alone, and not in thay he wanders off to explore his new opportunities.
(heads off to Beholders bar)

Fenric
2006-12-16, 01:17 AM
Two fox-priests wander through the square and gaze at the fountain, focus of so many interesting activities.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-16, 10:10 AM
Jonnadiah drifts through town and approaches the square. He sees the fox preists staring at the fountain and says:

"'Tis a very strong magic here, older even than many gods."

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 09:32 PM
An enormous black monolith, hundreds of feet tall, appears in the town square, and the strains of the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey can be heard throughout Town.

Magician
2007-01-24, 03:18 PM
Magician wanders into the town square and gazes at the fountain and then at the musical monolith. "Never really called for 'Also Sprakt Zarathustra', myself. Rather an odd decoration for a town square, if you ask me."

Edit: A short time later, he wanders off again.

Namu Blade
2007-03-19, 11:09 AM
Namu Blade, A newcomer to town walks into the square gives one look at the strangeness going on everywhere and mutters Why did i come to this insane place He then turns to the fox preist and asks where can a person get a good drink in this place

Fenric
2007-03-19, 11:23 AM
Fenric appears in a swirl of blue-tinged shadows.

My priests haven't been here since December, but the most popular place for a drink is Trog's. The most expensive is "Sneak's Milk Bar Restaurante", the trendiest is Hookah Hank's, and the safest is probably "The Sleeping Elf".

[hr]

Fenric disappears again.

Namu Blade
2007-03-20, 10:04 AM
Namu stares for a minute at the spot where Fenric disappered shurgs then heads towards thogs tavern