PDA

View Full Version : They said it was weaboo fightan magic... Now it is! (3.5, ToB, Discipline)

The-Mage-King
2010-12-19, 03:10 PM
Ki Fist Discipline
AKA: the "Kame... hame... HAAAA!!!" Discipline

Ages ago, before even Reshar was trained, there existed a supreme martial artist, one who focused not on the use of weapons, but on the externalization of his inner strength in the form of giant energy attacks and high speed movement.

Yeah.

Spending a great deal of time working on his new school, he eventually taught several people how to use the type of attacks he used, and died peacefully in his sleep several decades later.

When Reshar was wandering, attempting to learn from a variety of disciplines, he passed this discipline over due to who he encountered who used it- an extremely powerful and quite evil djinn. After their brief clash, the djinn was sealed by an unknown force, and Reshar continued on his quest, eventually forgetting about the techniques used by his opponent as the years passed by.

Recently, a group of around fifty evil Ki Fist practitioners have been wandering the world, taking over land and selling it to the highest bidder. Their leader is one of the most feared individuals in the area, and engaging him in combat is... inadvisable.

The Ki Fist discipline focuses on moving in unique ways and delivering various force damage dealing attacks from close range. The associated weapons of the Ki Fist discipline are natural attacks, ranged touch attacks, and unarmed strikes.

Because the Ki Fist discipline was never taught widely at the Temple of the Nine Swords or any similar center of training, most martial adepts do not know any maneuvers from it, or even know it exists. Only Swordsages can learn maneuvers from the Ki Fist discipline. There are two ways to master the discipline. The first is to have been trained in it. If you choose to make a martial adept that has already been trained in the Ki Fist discipline at character creation, you simply replace one discipline that adept could normally learn maneuvers from with the Ki Fist discipline.

The other way is to seek out a master of the Ki Fist discipline–a martial adept capable of using at least 5th-level maneuvers from the discipline- and to learn Ki Fist from them. You must train for a month under the master, or spend a month in research, and spend 1,000 xp at the end of your training. You gain the ability to learn maneuvers from the Ki Fist discipline. In addition, you may exchange your maneuvers known for maneuvers of the Ki Fist discipline. You may exchange one maneuver of each level, and the new maneuvers you learn must be of the same level as the exchanged maneuvers, unlike normal.

The associated skill for Ki Fist maneuvers is Balance.

New Feat
Extra Ki (General)
Prerequisites: Ki Pool, BAB +2
Benefit: When you take this feat, your daily Ki pool increases by 2.
Special: You may take this feat a number of times equal to you Wisdom modifier. Each time adds a further 2 points to your daily Ki pool.

Ki Rrefresh
Prerequisites: Ki Pool, one Ki Fist maneuver
Benefit: 3 times per day you may refresh up to 1/4th of you maximum Ki pool as a swift action

Ki Fist maneuvers and Ki pools: Upon learning a Ki Fist stance, an initiator gains a Ki pool equal to that stance's level. If he already had a Ki pool, the amount gained is added to that pool instead. Some Ki Fist maneuvers can be enhanced by expending points from your Ki pool. This Ki pool functions almost exactly like the Ki pool of a Ninja (Complete Adventurer p.5), with the Ki fist practitioner gaining bonus points equal to his Constitution modifier instead of his Wisdom modifier, and it is dependant on the number of known Ki Fist stances and not class level. Furthermore, a Ki Fist user may replenish his Ki pool to 1/2th of its maximum points by meditating in a quiet place for 30 minutes.

Ki Fist maneuvers: Most Ki Fist maneuvers are supernatural abilities. If one isn't, it will say so.

Rushes: Some Ki Fist maneuvers have a description of (Rush). This is a new maneuver type created by Garryl, and explained further in this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178947) thread.

The-Mage-King
2010-12-19, 03:11 PM
1st
False Step (Rush): Move past your foes so fast that they don't see you.
Ki Sphere (Strike): Hit someone in the face with a sphere of force.
Velocity Dodge (Rush): DOOOODDDDDGGGGGEEEE!
Superhuman Reflexes (Boost): Hit things quicker.
Turtle Style Stance (Stance): Hit things harder.

2nd
Air Punch (Strike): Punch someone. With air.
Ki Burst (Strike): Make ki go boom.

3rd
Battle Aura (Stance): Sprout an aura of energy. That makes small rocks float. (No, not really)
Ki Beam (Strike): Not the Kamehameha. Honest.
Giga Speed (Strike): Fist, face. Other fist, face. Feet, ground not near face.

4th
Ki Palm (Strike): Punch someone. With ki.
Ki Barrier (Counter): Deflect stuff. With ki.

5th
Bukū Jutsu (Stance): You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!
Step of the Vanishing Warrior (Rush): Now you see me... Now I'm behind you.
Power Ball (Strike): A more powerful sphere of Ki to hit someone in the face with.

6th
Ki Blade (Boost): Create a blade out of energy to cut things!
7th

8th

9th

The-Mage-King
2010-12-19, 03:12 PM
1st

False Step
Ki Fist (Rush)
Level: Swordsage 1
Initiation Time: One move action

Your superior speed allows you to slip past your foe, leaving no openings for him to take advantage of.

When you initiate this maneuver, you may move up to 1/3rd of your speed and not provoke attacks of opportunity.
This maneuver is an extraordinary ability.

Ki Sphere
Ki Fist (Strike) [Force]
Initiation Time: One standard action
Range: Close (25 feet +5 feet/2 Initiator levels)
Targets: One creature

Oh, for the love of... You said no more weaboo fightan magic! Fine. You throw a small sphere of energy at your foe.

When you initiate this maneuver, make a ranged touch attack against the target. If this attack succeeds, you deal 1d4 points of force damage to the target.

Ki enhancement: By expending a point of Ki, you may instead deal 1d6 points of force damage.

Velocity Dodge
Ki Fist (Rush)

Your speed gives you the edge you need to dodge the approaching blows.
When you initiate this maneuver, you may move a distance of up to your base land speed. Until the beginning of your next turn, you gain a Dodge bonus to your AC equal to 1/5th the distance in feet you moved using this maneuver.

Superhuman Reflexes
Ki Fist (Boost)
Initiation Time: One swift action

Your body flickers, and you make attacks far faster than you should be able to.

By honing your skills, you've managed to move faster than the eye can follow with your attacks. You gain a bonus on attack rolls equal to your Dexterity modifier until the beginning of your next turn.

Turtle Style Stance
Ki Fist (Stance)

You fall into the stance, the Ki within you increasing your attack's power.

While you are in this stance, you gain a bonus equal to 1/2th your initiator level (min 1) on damage rolls as long as you have at least one point of Ki left in your Ki pool .

2nd
Air Punch
Ki Fist (Strike)
Level: Swordsage 2
Targets: One Creature

You punch your foe in the face. From thirty feet.

By punching the air with enough force, you slam it into your opponent's face. When you initiate this maneuver, make a ranged touch attack against the target. If it succeeds, you deal your normal melee damage to the target.

Ki Burst
Ki Fist (Strike) [Force]
Level: Swordsage 2
Area: 5 ft. radius burst
Saving Throw: Reflex half

Waving your hands, a sphere of Ki forms between them and makes your foes suddenly wish that they were elsewhere.

You form a ball of Ki, throwing it at the area that you want it to burst in. When you initiate this maneuver, all creatures and objects in the area take 2d4 +1/2 IL points of force damage, with a DC (12+Wis modifier) Reflex save halving that amount.

3rd
Battle Aura
Ki Fist (Stance)
Level: Swordsage 3
Prerequisites: One Ki Fist maneuver

You grunt, and an aura of energy bursts up around you.

While you are in this stance, you force your inner power out, using it to improve your attacks. You may add your Wisdom modifier to all melee attack and damage rolls. Furthermore, you give off light like a torch.

Ki Beam
Ki Fist (Stike) [Force]
Initiation Time: Full round action
Range: Short (25 ft. + 5 ft./ 2 Initiator levels)
Targets: One creature that you have line of sight and line of effect to.

...Fine. You thrust your hands forwards, and a blue beam of energy flies from them, slamming into your foe and throwing him backwards.

When you initiate this maneuver, you may make a Strength check against the target creature. You gain a +4 bonus on this check. If you succeed on this check, you push the target creature back 5 feet, plus another 5 feet for every five points that you exceeded his strength check.

For every five feet moved in this manner, the target takes 2d4 points of force damage.

Ki Enhancement: You may expend up to three points of Ki when you initiate this maneuver. If you do, you gain a further +2 bonus to the strength check for each point of Ki expended.

Giga Speed
Ki Fist (Strike)
Initiation Time: One full round action
Target: One creature adjacent to your movement.
Prerequisites: One Ki fist maneuver

... You practically blur, slamming your fist into your foe's face as you pass by.

When you initiate this maneuver, you move a distance of up to your land speed. You may, at any point during this movement, make 2 melee attacks, either both agains one creature you pass, or one against each of two creatures you pass.

The maneuver is an extraordinary ability.

4th
Ki Palm
Ki Fist (Strike)
Level: Swordsage 4
Range: Melee
Targets: One creature

You focus your energy and surround your hand with ki, before slamming it into your opponents face.

When you initiate this maneuver, make an unarmed melee attack against the target. If this attack hits, you deal your normal unarmed damage, as well as 5d6 plus 1/2 Initiator levels points of force damage.

Ki Enhancement: By expending a point of Ki when you initiate this maneuver, you may deal an extra 2 points of force damage. You may do this up to five times.

5th
Power Ball
Ki Fist (Strike) [Force]
Level: Swordsage 5
Range: Close (25 feet+ 5 feet/2 Initiator levels)
Target: One creature
Prerequisites: 2 Ki Fist maneuvers

You throw a large sphere of energy at your foe, smirking as he tries to dodge it.

When you initiate this maneuver, make a ranged touch attack against the target. If this hits, you deal your normal melee damage plus 8d6 points of force damage to the target.

Ki Enhancement: By expending a point of Ki when you initiate this maneuver, you may deal an extra 2 points of force damage. You may do this up to eight times.

Bukū Jutsu
Ki Fist (Stance)
Prerequisites: Two Ki Fist maneuvers

You can fly by messing with your Ki.

While in this stance, you gain a fly speed equal to your base land speed, with good maneuverability.

Step of the Vanishing Warrior
Ki Fist (Rush)

Instead of simply walking past your foe, you teleport, ignoring his planned method of obstructing your movement.

When you initiate this maneuver, you may move a distance equal to your base land speed via teleportation, thus avoiding Attacks of Opportunity and other effects, such as traps with a pressure pad activation or symbol spells. Movement may be horizontal, vertical, or diagonal, but you must end your turn on a solid surface.

6th
Ki Blade
Ki Fist (Boost)
Level: Swordsage 6
Initiation Time: One Standard action
Duration: 1 round/level

...You hone Ki into an energy blade, and focus it around your hand.

When you initiate this maneuver, the Ki in the environment coalesces around your hand and forms a several foot long sword. For the duration of this maneuver, your reach extends to twice normal for the purposes of unarmed attacks, and all unarmed attacks you make deal Force damage instead of their normal type. Furthermore, your unarmed attacks deal an extra 3d6 points of damage is they are made at a distance greater than your normal melee range.

The-Mage-King
2010-12-19, 03:14 PM
And one more for good measure. Posts may now be made.

IcarusWings
2010-12-19, 03:19 PM
No idea what to make of this so far, but I have huge respect for you as a homebrewer, so I can safely say it shall be awesome.

Only question though, you say the ki pool functions like the ninja ki pool. Does that mean they stack together? I don't think this would really be unbalanced at all, and could actually provide a fix for the ninja if you gave them limited initiating capacities from only this school (well, maybe shadow hand and diamond mind too, but you get the point).

EDIT: Ninja Ki Fist practitioner'ed by manuever descriptions. Will have critique up shortly.

EDIT 2: Stance of the False Step might work better as a rush. Of course, then you get a lack of stances at first level, meaning no level one Ki enhancements for you. But I'm sure you can probably think up another stance.

The-Mage-King
2010-12-19, 03:24 PM
No idea what to make of this so far, but I have huge respect for you as a homebrewer, so I can safely say it shall be awesome.

Only question though, you say the ki pool functions like the ninja ki pool. Does that mean they stack together?
If you have levels in both swordsage and ninja? Sure. I was using ninja because it's the only class I've found that has a Ki pool...

EDIT: Ninja Ki Fist practitioner'ed by manuever descriptions. Will have critique up shortly.

Actually, it's more like "Instant Transmission'd" than "Ninja'd"...

The-Mage-King
2010-12-19, 03:38 PM
EDIT 2: Stance of the False Step might work better as a rush. Of course, then you get a lack of stances at first level, meaning no level one Ki enhancements for you. But I'm sure you can probably think up another stance.

Hm... Point. Any suggestions for a replacement stance, and any for further maneuvers?

IcarusWings
2010-12-19, 03:43 PM
Hm... Point. Any suggestions for a replacement stance, and any for further maneuvers?

I'm not too sure really, I don't really know anything about DBZ (which I'm certain this is based on) other than the infamous KAAAMEEE-HAAAMEEE-HAAAAA!!!. But I can probably give some generic ideas if I think about it.

The-Mage-King
2010-12-19, 03:48 PM
I'm not too sure really, I don't really know anything about DBZ (which I'm certain this is based on) other than the infamous KAAAMEEE-HAAAMEEE-HAAAAA!!!. But I can probably give some generic ideas if I think about it.

Well, DBZ is the main influence, but any Shonen series where the main characters are throwing large energy attacks around works- Yu Yu Hakusho, DBZ, and the like.

Yeah.

IcarusWings
2010-12-19, 03:56 PM
Well, DBZ is the main influence, but any Shonen series where the main characters are throwing large energy attacks around works- Yu Yu Hakusho, DBZ, and the like.

Yeah.

Is this somewhere where rasengan and/or chidori and/or kaiten will find a place?

In fact, I've been working on a discipline myself inspired by the Buddhist Palm style from Kung Fu Hustle, and it has lots of force attacks. Do you want me to post them here?

The-Mage-King
2010-12-19, 03:59 PM
Is this somewhere where rasengan and/or chidori and/or kaiten will find a place?

My word, no. Chidori is electricity, not force.

As for the other, I'd suggest that you make your own thread for that- that'll split up the weird for other people.

SuperFish
2010-12-19, 04:08 PM
needz moar Hokuto Hyakuretsu-ken

Just sayin'

IcarusWings
2010-12-19, 04:30 PM

What about Rasengan / Kaiten (rotation), they fit into the force theme?

As for the other, I'd suggest that you make your own thread for that- that'll split up the weird for other people.

Yeah, I'll do that when I finish it.

gkathellar
2010-12-19, 04:40 PM

Nope. It's chakra that hardens and spikes erratically, in a pattern similar to electricity, the same way Rasengan is chakra moving in a spiral, not a ball of wind. It has no actual electrical properties, so it's basically just a kamehameha wave that you punch with.

IcarusWings
2010-12-19, 04:43 PM
Nope. It's chakra that hardens and spikes erratically, in a pattern similar to electricity, the same way Rasengan is chakra moving in a spiral, not a ball of wind. It has no actual electrical properties, so it's basically just a kamehameha wave that you punch with.

It's infused with lightning chakra and, yes, is made of electricity. Hence Sasuke conducting it through swords and other metal objects to surprise his opponents.

Morph Bark
2010-12-19, 04:46 PM
This is going to be both hilarious and awesome. But in my eyes mostly hilarious.

Now I want to make a golem that uses this, just because TTGL is basically Mechas going Super Saiyan. :smallwink:

I was about to reply to this, then when I hit REPLY I saw IcarusWings had already done so. Well played, IcarusWings. :smalltongue:

IcarusWings
2010-12-19, 04:48 PM
I was about to reply to this, then when I hit REPLY I saw IcarusWings had already done so. Well played, IcarusWings. :smalltongue:

Shinobi'd :smallwink:

The-Mage-King
2010-12-19, 04:56 PM

It's infused with lightning chakra and, yes, is made of electricity. Hence Sasuke conducting it through swords and other metal objects to surprise his opponents.

...I was speaking of the damage type it would deal, not the actual composition of the technique in question.

This is going to be both hilarious and awesome. But in my eyes mostly hilarious.

As is my intention.

Now I want to make a golem that uses this, just because TTGL is basically Mechas going Super Saiyan. :smallwink:

...I ... I hadn't thought of it that way.

Frozen_Feet
2010-12-19, 05:01 PM
Chidori and Rasengan are created from opposite premises. Chidori focuses on Elemental Composition, turning Chakra into a jolt of electricity - Rasengan focuses on Spatial Composition, making non-elemental Chakra spin in various directions.

Due to specialized natures of the jutsus, it's very hard to add Spatial Composition to Chidori, or Elemental Composition to Rasengan. However, Sasuke has managed the former, witnessed as him conducting Chidori through other objects and shaping it to a spear, and Naruto eventually achieved latter with creation of Rasen Shuriken.

Zeofar
2010-12-19, 05:14 PM
Ki Fist Discipline
AKA: the "Ka... me... ha... me... HAAAA!!!" Discipline

A discipline based on the king responsible for Hawaii's unification and his successors? Huh... I'm not sure where one could go with that. Good luck?

Seriously though, the concept and execution seems solid so far. I can't say I'd ever use it much, for obvious the reason of being just a little ridiculous.

IcarusWings
2010-12-19, 05:21 PM
Chidori and Rasengan are created from opposite premises. Chidori focuses on Elemental Composition, turning Chakra into a jolt of electricity - Rasengan focuses on Spatial Composition, making non-elemental Chakra spin in various directions.

Due to specialized natures of the jutsus, it's very hard to add Spatial Composition to Chidori, or Elemental Composition to Rasengan. However, Sasuke has managed the former, witnessed as him conducting Chidori through other objects and shaping it to a spear, and Naruto eventually achieved latter with creation of Rasen Shuriken.

Shape transformation is part of Chidori from the get go. According to Kakashi at least (and he's probably the one to ask), you get the lightning chakra, and then shape it into the form of a large current.

Anyway, let's not derail the thread with nerdy anime talk (although I still think rasengan and kaiten could fit into this discipline).

Soulblazer87
2010-12-19, 06:33 PM
I foresee Dragon Balls and Kamehameha in the future... Though, it would be fun to see.

Maybe you should add a stance that gives flight? Enhanced it adds a powerfull charge attack or something.

T.G. Oskar
2010-12-19, 09:20 PM
A discipline based on the king responsible for Hawaii's unification and his successors? Huh... I'm not sure where one could go with that. Good luck?

Dude, haven't you heard? The Naha Stone is the new Excalibur. It's a discipline based on religion, leadership, and Hulking Hurler. Favored weapons are scepters and any kind of rock. Preferred skill is, of course, Knowledge (nobility and royalty).

...Good enough? :) Sorry if this derails the topic a bit; really have nothing to say but this was just too good to ignore. If anything...this would be awesome if turned into Psionics, because ki has too little uses and usually doesn't do well for a one-round use unless you go for minutes instead of rounds. Or an ability equivalent to a spell that lasts at least minutes.

Havvy
2010-12-20, 06:24 AM
Just giving what I think can be improved and why. 3:30am and too tired to form a non-objective opinion.

Moving 1/3 your base land speed without provoking an attack of opportunity means taking a 5ft. step in the majority of cases. It might make sense to make that 1/2 or 3/4. Basically, as written, you get a +9001 on tumble checks for the purposes of bypassing AoO, but you lose 1/6 of your movement of just making a normal tumble check. It probably wouldn't even be unbalanced to move your full speed (which costs a bit more in tumble ranks to perform normally).

For the Ki Enhancement for Ki Sphere, might I suggest making it add 2 force damage to the d4 that you roll? A 50% boost on a max random roll that is that low seems underpowered.

Hyperdash is basically a charge that allows you to negate the AC penalty, turn multiple times, and make a strike at the end. Oh, but you lose the bonus on bull-rushing. This is overpowered for a second-level maneuver.

For Ki-Beam, LoS and LoE are already standard (ToB45), so you just need to state "One creature" :smallamused:

The Antigamer
2010-12-20, 07:25 AM
Looking forward to more from this. Also, I think this discipline is suited to including some move action maneuvers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178947).

Prime32
2010-12-20, 09:56 AM
Damage output seems kind of weak. Increase some of the strikes to full-round actions if you need to compensate (or add the option to do so).

Needs a counter which lets you teleport behind someone whenever they move (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoIAmBehindYou). :smalltongue:

Megawizard
2010-12-20, 10:02 AM
About time someone someone did something like this!:smallbiggrin:

Great work here! I can't wait to see the high level maneuvers!

Eldan
2010-12-20, 10:19 AM
Graaaa! Maaaking... smaaaall... roooocks... float... of.. the.. graaaa-ound!

I love it :smalltongue:

IcarusWings
2010-12-20, 10:58 AM
Looking forward to more from this. Also, I think this discipline is suited to including some move action maneuvers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178947).

It already does :smallwink:

The Antigamer
2010-12-20, 04:15 PM
It already does :smallwink:

:smalleek:
*smacks forehead*
:smallredface:
Typing drunk at 4 AM gives me an excuse, right?

Right?

Right?

DracoDei
2010-12-20, 05:45 PM
I recall a class that someone posted directly based on DBZ. It had several very very sparse disciplines that went with it. I am mentioning this only in case it would be worth it to dig through the archives (or just read the Age of Warriors thread to look for where it was submitted, and probably rejected) to see if there is anything worth taking from it.

The-Mage-King
2010-12-20, 05:48 PM
I recall a class that someone posted directly based on DBZ. It had several very very sparse disciplines that went with it. I am mentioning this only in case it would be worth it to dig through the archives (or just read the Age of Warriors thread to look for where it was submitted, and probably rejected) to see if there is anything worth taking from it.

Do you recall the name of it?

Also, the maneuvers are about to be updated- I've completed a new level 1 stance, am removing Hyper Dash for now, and have completed a few more maneuvers.

Soulblazer87
2010-12-21, 10:01 AM
I've seen it too. Ki warrior was the name I think. As soon as you see the first post you'd realize it; it has just about all the saiyan characters in a picture up front. Also, if we're talking about the same class, it also has psionics thrown in. If we're not then ignore the post.

DracoDei
2010-12-21, 11:33 AM
Just giving what I think can be improved and why. 3:30am and too tired to form a non-objective opinion.

Moving 1/3 your base land speed without provoking an attack of opportunity means taking a 5ft. step in the majority of cases. It might make sense to make that 1/2 or 3/4. Basically, as written, you get a +9001 on tumble checks for the purposes of bypassing AoO, but you lose 1/6 of your movement of just making a normal tumble check. It probably wouldn't even be unbalanced to move your full speed (which costs a bit more in tumble ranks to perform normally).
Well, Saiyan armor looks like it is Light (no leg or arm armor, no helmet) and most/all of the other characters are unarmored, so standard movement speed is 30 ft. 1/3 of 30 is 10, not 5.

If I did, I would have said. The guess that someone else gave sounds plausible, and yes, there is a big DBZ picture heading it up.

umbrapolaris
2010-12-21, 11:37 AM

martial warrior

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125838

with dbz maneuvers, and even an epic maneuvers creation rules.

The-Mage-King
2010-12-21, 03:45 PM
martial warrior

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125838

with dbz maneuvers, and even an epic maneuvers creation rules.

Excellent... I'll look that over later.

Also, I have added three 5th level maneuvers and added the maneuver list in post 2. Critique and enjoy.

umbrapolaris
2010-12-21, 09:50 PM
a monk-like class that eat too much steroid ^^

The-Mage-King
2011-04-09, 08:36 PM
Reviving this thread as per the forum rules, so no "NECROMANCER!" shouts and reports, please.

I've added another maneuver (6th level) to this and am reinitating work on it. suggestions for further 6th-level maneuvers, 7th-level maneuvers, and stuff to fill in the other holes in it would be appriciated.

InfiniteNothing
2011-04-10, 12:10 AM
Well, I don't know what level it would be but maybe a counter that allows you to deflect/catch and throw energy-based attacks (like spells, eldritch blasts, and the ranged attacks of this style)?

Lix Lorn
2011-04-10, 08:52 AM
Oh TMK, I love you and your expy-homebrew. xD
...considering one of the strikes says 'Not Kamehameha. Honest.', there is going to be one called Kamehameha, right? :P

It also seems you're a little short on ki. I mean, by sixth level, you can have four. Maximum.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-10, 10:17 AM
Oh TMK, I love you and your expy-homebrew. xD
...considering one of the strikes says 'Not Kamehameha. Honest.', there is going to be one called Kamehameha, right? :P

It also seems you're a little short on ki. I mean, by sixth level, you can have four. Maximum.

There... May or may not.

As for the Ki thing... reread the OP, please. Some slight adjustments have been made.

Lix Lorn
2011-04-10, 10:59 AM
The feat is pretty helpful, I guess. Still seems like a small pool.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-10, 11:00 AM
Also note the "take 30 minutes to refresh to 1/2 capacity" change in the Ki pool part.

Lix Lorn
2011-04-10, 12:44 PM
This is a good point... but half of one is effectively none, so you have one point a day until 6th level minimum, unless you take a feat.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-10, 11:07 PM
Hm... Any suggestions on how to fix that? Maybe base it on strikes known instead of stances or something?

Lix Lorn
2011-04-11, 07:27 AM
Hm. Makes sense, but then you risk letting them have too many...
Not sure. Sorry.

Morph Bark
2011-04-11, 07:31 AM
Hm... Any suggestions on how to fix that? Maybe base it on strikes known instead of stances or something?

Perhaps allow anyone to recover 1 ki as a swift action every encounter, or have Wisdom still factor in anyway.

Also, which of the maneuvers do you particularly want to see tested?

The-Mage-King
2011-04-11, 07:39 AM
To hell with it. Wisdom gives you it's modifier in Ki, no matter how unfaithful to the source material it is.

As for what maneuvers I want tested the most...

The low level ones. Since the majority of completed maneuvers in this discipline are levels 1-3...

Morph Bark
2011-04-11, 07:48 AM
To hell with it. Wisdom gives you it's modifier in Ki, no matter how unfaithful to the source material it is.

If it doesn't work for you, you could make it go off Constitution instead, just like the nen used by Jarian's Ascetic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193791).

The-Mage-King
2011-04-11, 07:50 AM
If it doesn't work for you, you could make it go off Constitution instead, just like the nen used by Jarian's Ascetic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193791).

...Damnit. Change being made.

The_Admiral
2011-04-11, 07:59 AM
Why do you have a power named open spell?

The-Mage-King
2011-04-11, 08:02 AM
Why do you have a power named open spell?

....What? I don't. I checked again, and... none.

The_Admiral
2011-04-11, 08:12 AM
Buka=open
jutsu=spell

The-Mage-King
2011-04-11, 08:22 AM
....The one here is Buku, not Buka. As in, the Dragon Ball name for how they fly.

The_Admiral
2011-04-11, 08:24 AM
Now it is book in malay lol:smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2011-04-15, 01:58 PM
You know, looking this over again right before I want to playtest it... I don't see an associated skill. :smallconfused:

The-Mage-King
2011-04-15, 02:12 PM
You know, looking this over again right before I want to playtest it... I don't see an associated skill. :smallconfused:

I do not comprehend what you are saying. It clearly says that Balance is the associated skill.

Morph Bark
2011-04-15, 02:22 PM
Well edited, my friend. :smallamused:

You can expect some playtesting soon.