PDA

View Full Version : Enchanting the Body

ShiningStarling
2010-12-21, 06:14 AM
Hey, i just had an idea that one should be able to enchant their body (or parts of it) as one thing, and another part different, like armor enhancements on the torso and weapon ones on the hands. Then I also thought that if you enchanted your hands as ranged weapons, that you would use thrown weapons and weapon like ranged spells as "ammo", so the would get enhancements. So if I had a +1 flaming hand, and cast a force orb, that orb would get +1 to hit and deal its damage and 1d6 fire damage.

Comments, help?

Cheesy74
2010-12-21, 06:59 AM
It'd probably have a cost hike along the lines of the Amulet of Mighty Fists for the hand enchants - that's bonus squared times 6000 gp.

As for the body itself, I'd double the price since you're not taking up an item slot. Call it bonus squared times 2000, double price for flat-cost enchants.

Iituem
2010-12-21, 08:35 AM
Hey, i just had an idea that one should be able to enchant their body (or parts of it) as one thing, and another part different, like armor enhancements on the torso and weapon ones on the hands. Then I also thought that if you enchanted your hands as ranged weapons, that you would use thrown weapons and weapon like ranged spells as "ammo", so the would get enhancements. So if I had a +1 flaming hand, and cast a force orb, that orb would get +1 to hit and deal its damage and 1d6 fire damage.

Comments, help?

No. Casting a spell would be independent of the enchantment of your hands. A +1 Flaming Hand would give you a +1 to melee attacks with your hand (a natural melee weapon) and +1d6 fire damage to your strikes. In effect, flaming punches.

What you could do is enchant your hand with a never-ending magic missile enchantment (2000gp base for an unending level 1 spell at caster level 1, x2 for no slot = 4000gp), after which you would be able to cast a single magic missile (always hits, 1d4+1 force damage) per turn as a standard action from your hand.

Now, a throwing and returning enchantment on a melee weapon would together count as a +2 enchantment and allow you to, say, throw a battleaxe and have it return to your hand. Accounting for the +1 enchantment to start with, your +3 boomerang weapon has a base mod of +18,000gp. Double that to apply it to your hand (36,000gp) and you can essentially throw punches from a distance (range increment 10ft) - assuming you're proficient in using your bare fists. Your fists will get a +1 to attack and damage... but will still be fists. It's up in the air as to whether you could do a full attack action with this. Under normal circumstances, no, as a throwing/returning weapon can only be thrown once per round. However, a kind GM might allow you to use your telekinetic fisting ability as a normal attack (so multiple attacks/round if your B.A.B. is past +5).

Your only problem will be if someone cuts your hand off. Regenerating a new hand will not be sufficient - you will have to reattain and reattach the old hand to regain the ability. Similarly, true resurrection and reincarnation will not allow you to keep the ability as it is a part of your corpse, nor will revival a la lichedom.

ShiningStarling
2010-12-22, 06:16 AM
No. Casting a spell would be independent of the enchantment of your hands. A +1 Flaming Hand would give you a +1 to melee attacks with your hand (a natural melee weapon) and +1d6 fire damage to your strikes. In effect, flaming punches.
That's all nice, but i meant if you enchanted your hand as a ranged weapon that uses ammunition, like a bow, so that the enchantment would be placed on things you throw, like orbs and thrown weapons.

boomwolf
2010-12-22, 06:24 PM
Now, a throwing and returning enchantment on a melee weapon would together count as a +2 enchantment and allow you to, say, throw a battleaxe and have it return to your hand. Accounting for the +1 enchantment to start with, your +3 boomerang weapon has a base mod of +18,000gp. Double that to apply it to your hand (36,000gp) and you can essentially throw punches from a distance (range increment 10ft) - assuming you're proficient in using your bare fists. Your fists will get a +1 to attack and damage... but will still be fists.

Then again, you did just become rayman...

Anyways...enchanting the body is generally a bad idea and WoTC stress this out by making all body-enchantments suck. but if you really want to, Lords of Madness offers a few body grafts, and fiend folio offers quite a few too.

Tanuki Tales
2010-12-22, 06:36 PM
Then again, you did just become rayman...

Anyways...enchanting the body is generally a bad idea and WoTC stress this out by making all body-enchantments suck. but if you really want to, Lords of Madness offers a few body grafts, and fiend folio offers quite a few too.

Except Grafts aren't worth anywhere near their price.