PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXVI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

happyturtle
2010-12-22, 03:30 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavernAnimated.gif

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Trog's is a single location that exists simultaneously in the cities of Town and Inside. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog
Manager: El Jaspero
Bartenders: Memzee, Phoebe, Ashna, Ambrosia

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8627338#post8627338) (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
White Russian Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) - for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"

SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

((When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.))

iElf
2010-12-22, 03:35 PM
Din orders a new drink, while glaring at Lauretta
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d22/1200/d512713.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/41304554)

Neon Knight
2010-12-22, 03:35 PM
((I'll repost this from the last page of the last thread.))

The door opens with an embarrassingly loud clunk, obviously caused by someone using just a bit too much force when opening it. The man who comes through the now open portal is appropriately sheepish, rubbing the back of his neck and flushing red in the face as he ducks down into the doorway.

The cause of his misjudgment of force is apparent; the young man is very tall, clearly above six feet and perhaps a little over halfway to his seventh. He seems thin and wiry, yet of undeniable physical strength and power; he has the look of a young man not yet fully grown, despite his already imposing physical stature and prowess. The impression is that he has yet to fully fill out.

His attire is less impressive. Scuffed and worn work boats, a pair of battered and faded denim overalls, and a scratchy looking tartan patterned flannel shirt project the image of a country boy wondering into civilization proper. He isn't precisely well groomed or trimmed, his hair unkempt and scruffy, his chin kept bare more by immaturity than shaving, his fingernails dark with dirt underneath them. Still, he's not un-handsome, and cleaned up he might be rather presentable.

He appears to be properly self-chastising for his faux-paus, muttering, "Pardon me, folks, 'scuse me," as he steps over to the bar, taking a seat while trying not to draw too much attention to himself... and without gawking at everyone and everything, despite the evident interest with which he looks around.

Zefir
2010-12-22, 03:36 PM
The door opens with an embarrassingly loud clunk, obviously caused by someone using just a bit too much force when opening it. The man who comes through the now open portal is appropriately sheepish, rubbing the back of his neck and flushing red in the face as he ducks down into the doorway.

The cause of his misjudgment of force is apparent; the young man is very tall, clearly above six feet and perhaps a little over halfway to his seventh. He seems thin and wiry, yet of undeniable physical strength and power; he has the look of a young man not yet fully grown, despite his already imposing physical stature and prowess. The impression is that he has yet to fully fill out.

His attire is less impressive. Scuffed and worn work boats, a pair of battered and faded denim overalls, and a scratchy looking tartan patterned flannel shirt project the image of a country boy wondering into civilization proper. He isn't precisely well groomed or trimmed, his hair unkempt and scruffy, his chin kept bare more by immaturity than shaving, his fingernails dark with dirt underneath them. Still, he's not un-handsome, and cleaned up he might be rather presentable.

He appears to be properly self-chastising for his faux-paus, muttering, "Pardon me, folks, 'scuse me," as he steps over to the bar, taking a seat while trying not to draw too much attention to himself... and without gawking at everyone and everything, despite the evident interest with which he looks around.

On the seat next to him he will see a man in a gray coat and a scarf over his face, his eyes hide in the shadow of the cape. You may see that his head heads to you but he sais nothing.

happyturtle
2010-12-22, 03:36 PM
Lauretta, novitiate of the Demon Lord Dalachrech, returns to the bar after recovering her stolen money. The centipedes who were after Jack Dodge crawl back into the cracks and crevices of the woodwork, except for the foot long one that she keeps on her shoulder.

She smiles graciously at the newcomer. "It's quite all right."

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1011/d27/0511/e18f307.png

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-22, 03:39 PM
Higgs (a plotclone) grins and walks over to the young man, who he guesses is a giant. As she said, tis quite alright, no-one's gonna get mad at ya for a thing like that. Me name be Higgs de Ser von Marco Ocavio, what be your's? He says, trying to shake them man's hand.

Neon Knight
2010-12-22, 03:42 PM
The young man returns the smile a bit shyly to Lauretta, purely sheepish and innocent. The man seated next to him gets a friendly wave a she takes a seat, his smile still a bit uncertain but his good nature very genuine. "Howdy, friend." He looks all around, taking everything in, smiling again at Lauretta. He's never quite seen anything like her, or anything quite like everything around him, really. "Howdy, miss. I am real sorry about causing that ruckus. I just ain't quite used to things 'round here much."

Higgs is given a firm, strong grip (a bit too strong, but more through an oafish clumsiness rather than intent) and a bright smile. "My name's William, William Robert Henry. Pleased to meetcha, sir, and pleased to meetcha all."

Rebonack
2010-12-22, 03:46 PM
There's a Zee behind the counter!

At present she's in the middle of crafting an absurdly delicate sammich. One of those deals where the customer demands ridiculous precision, flawless perfection with the placement of ever element.

It's really annoying to make.

But Zee, being Zee, doesn't have the sense to pass up a suitably silly challenge.

Once the confectional contrivance is complete the barmaid flashes a friendly grin at the rather hulking, if scruffy, newcomer!

And of course greats him in usual fashion.

"Hiya! Welcome to Trog's Tavern! Can I get you anything today?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-22, 03:49 PM
Higgs returns the handshake, his grip equaly strong despite his lack of muscles, largely due to the three strength increasing bands he wears beneath his sleeves. Good name kid, if you ever need ta go inta piracy, you already have the perfect name for it, not like some poor blokes who 'ave to make up a new one. So, what brings ya ta Inside?

Neon Knight
2010-12-22, 03:54 PM
William Henry laughs at Higgs, taking his remark as some kind of joke that he doesn't quite get (Pirates? Like Blackbeard or somethin'?), and grins. "Well, sir, my Pa reckoned it was time for me to make my own way in the world and see how things were for myself. So I'm looking for work. I can cut timber, that's my pa's trade, but I can do any work. I can take care of horses, and do plantin' and farmin', and a dig with a shovel n' pick and mine like nobody's business. All I need is somebody to give me a chance. I'm a real hard worker."

William Henry keeps up the smiles to Zee, although he falters a bit as he realizes that he doesn't have a clue what to order. Ma and Pa told him it was rude to go into a place like this without buying something, though, so he needs to get something. He rubs his chin and hemms and haws briefly before asking, "You got any cider, ma'am?"

Recaiden
2010-12-22, 03:55 PM
There's a Dan sitting at the end of the bar, drinking slowly and looking out the window. Dark skin, white robes, spinning an extending car antenna in an artificial right hand.

Rebonack
2010-12-22, 04:01 PM
"Cider! Right! We just got in a new cask of it from Taldel's orchard the other day. Haven't even tapped it yet, so it'll be good an fresh! Be right back!" Zee replies with that persistently sunny disposition of hers before bouncing off into the back room.

No doubt to fetch the young man's drink.

Maybe to grab some spiraled ham too...

They're running a bit low. 's been popular of late after all!

It's only a few moments before Zee returns, a clay tankard in hand filled with steaming spiced cider. There's a good chance that William will smell it long before he ever sees it.

*clunk!*

"There you are sir! Please enjoy. And if there's anything else you need just give me a holler!"

iElf
2010-12-22, 04:04 PM
Din sighs, and empties her drink, and looks to order another one

Neon Knight
2010-12-22, 04:05 PM
"Thank you kindly, miss." William Henry takes a good, long healthy drink before setting the mug back down on the bar. He looks to Higgs, who seems to be in a sociable mood. "Beggin' your pardon, sir, but what's your trade?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-22, 04:11 PM
Oh, I been lotsa things. Some of em not entirely legal, but currently my trade is bein rich, sittin ina bar and getting me and anyone nearby drunk. Higgs says, ordering himself a DLB and giving Zee a friendly wink.

Reinholdt
2010-12-22, 04:13 PM
A small cardboard box has been set up in the corner of Trog's. Behind it sits a catboy, his tail swishing behind him as he sips at a Nuka-Cola.
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Avatars/ButlerGaiaFlirtingnormal.png

In front of the cardboard box on a white sign is doodled:

Butler's Tours
Tips Aper Arpe Apprek Liked

The fangirls aren't actually there that I know of, that gag long since dead.

Neon Knight
2010-12-22, 04:14 PM
That sets the young man back on his heels for a second, as a puzzled frown marks his features. He sits back, seeming to try to consider and reason that out, but comes up with nothing. He leans back over and taps Higgs on the shoulder, "Hey, Mister... you mean you don't work or nothin'? Not even just on your own property or anythin'?"

Zefir
2010-12-22, 04:15 PM
Well the shadow man went away from the bar to much people for him he takes a seat at one of the empty tables.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-22, 04:21 PM
Oh, I don't own any property. Used ta own a mansion, but it was burned down. Nowadays I still work, but not on anythin that could be called a job. When people need work done tha's too risky for them ta do, I do it for them, an make good money for it. Higgs says, laughing.

And what do you know, the fangirls are back, trying to hug-tackle Butler

Neon Knight
2010-12-22, 04:24 PM
"A mansion?" The young man's surprise just keeps growing. "Gosh, people round these parts sure live different from what I grew up with."

The young man reflects on culture shock for a bit at the bar, mulling his way through the cider.

((Unfortunately, I gotta deadtime for work for now.))

iElf
2010-12-22, 04:27 PM
Din by now is starting to feel nervous....she needs to know what the creepy lady knows...

Reinholdt
2010-12-22, 04:28 PM
And what do you know, the fangirls are back, trying to hug-tackle Butler

Of course they are...
Butler is hug-tackled. Butler hugs them back!
Shortly thereafter, he returns to sipping Nuka-Cola behind the tour box. :smallsmile:

happyturtle
2010-12-22, 04:29 PM
She could always ask. :smallwink:

Lauretta is paying her tab, with a nice tip, and headed back for the temple. Feel free to accost or follow her.

iElf
2010-12-22, 04:36 PM
Din will pay, get up and follow her

Murkus
2010-12-22, 07:04 PM
Adir the deer-man undeadtimes, eating another bamhacon by the bar, watching everyone with bright, active eyes.

Pregnant_Pickle
2010-12-22, 07:13 PM
Simon woke up. The palm of his glove still felt hot. He felt hopeful that he would find the girl today, but he wouldn't do it by hanging around in the tavern. He could find her through how strongly the glove was glowing. He walked straight throw the bar room and out into the street. Simon hoped that he would find her soon, before the two days were up...

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 09:56 PM
Kara has mysteriously, and soundlessly, appeared in Trog's. Apparently, during deadtime, someone picked her up and dropped her here. She's perusing the menu, chewing her bottom lip, and swinging her legs on her chair.

Sunn's here, too, but she's still in deadtime.

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:01 PM
And now Becky walks in, checking for Flailing Hot Reinholdts and/or Mushroom Zombies.

Seeing neither, she smirks, and walks over to the bar, dropping onto a barstool two down from Kara's.

"Guess you decided to avoid Shroomy too, huh?"

celtois
2010-12-22, 10:02 PM
What a fascinating talent. I'm a bit of a scholar of magic, although I'm no mage myself, and I must say, that is one of the most unique forms of magic I've heard of. Higgs says, finishing his drink. And you're welcome to it, and as many more as you can drink. So, what exactly do you mean by "some of my time"? Are we talking lifespan, age, or what have you?

Another vain little hair flip. "Mhmm you don't say. Well I am one of the most powerful time mages at that so. Your in luck." She's still got a fair bit of drink left being that she is drinking pretty slowly "Ah, now that's were the deal part comes in. I can take some of your life energy, or a small piece of your soul. There are alternate methods as well of paying for smaller magics. Such as indentured labour, either in this life or the next." Her eyes glimmer ominously. "Occasionally if I'm feeling generous I'll even accept items of immense personal value. A little piece of a persons life you know. Still interested?"

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 10:04 PM
Kara nods. Very much so.
Not a fan of mushrooms.
After perusing the menu for a little, she states:
I would like a plate of bamhacon and a Dragon Liver Buster.

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:09 PM
"And I'm not a fan of zombies," Becky says with a shudder. "Which is what that thing sure looked like. No thanks."
She orders bamhacon and a Black Shadow.
"So, whatcha been up to, anyway?"

Becky, for those who do not know her, is a 19-year-old shadowdancer. And Goth. No visible piercings or tattoos, but she does have the whole 'dressed all in black' thing down pat, from the dress to the stockings to the clodhopper boots. And, also, the obviously dyed, raven-black hair, done up in pigtails. And the orange contacts. Wait, orange contacts? That's not Goth-y!

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0901/d22/1415/254c391.png
Candy-corn isn't here though.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 10:12 PM
Not all that much. Been a bit distracted.
She keeps kicking her legs on her chair, humming a little tunelessly.
Once her drink and food arrives, she takes a big bite of the bamhacon and a sip of the DLB; she's not expecting it to dent her rather impressive alcoholic tolerance, but she's playing it safe nonetheless.
Just been hanging around. Wondering where Raril is.

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:15 PM
Becky takes a rather smaller sampling of her own food.
"Eh, I'm sure he's fine. And hanging around to be good. I got involved in a big fight to rescue Jack the Quipper, myself."
Becky grins.
"Oddly, I can't remember how it ended though."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 10:21 PM
Kara shrugs, which causes her wings to twitch. If Becky's perceptive, she'll notice Kara's looking at her and not blinking.
Can't have been that important.

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:25 PM
Becky might notice, but if so, she doesn't say anything about it.
"Probably not. I prefer to remember where I've been and what I've done, though," she points out with a small frown.
And another bite of bamhacon.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 10:26 PM
...considering how much you drink, I didn't think you'd have that as a concern.
Kara sips her DLB again, and has more bamhacon. She's eating it rather quickly.

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:29 PM
"...hah. At least then I know I'm choosing not to remember. I said I preferred it, not that it was a requirement."
Becky sticks her tongue out at Kara, then takes a sip of her Black Shadow. Shivering happily.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 10:30 PM
Kara sticks her tongue out to Becky as a response and smiles.
This is a first...I think I'm getting...tipsy.

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:35 PM
"Thought you were immune to alcohol?" Becky asks, raising her eyebrow in surprise at Kara's pronouncement.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 10:38 PM
Just very resistant. This is strong.
Kara takes another sip of her DLB. Becky might realize that Kara's cheeks are going just a little rosy.

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:42 PM
"I'd say. I'd reccomend you lay off on that after this one, unless you want to get drunk in front of your mother," Becky points out, giving a pointed glance in the direction of Sunn, timed or deadtimed irregardless.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 10:44 PM
Kara shrugs again.
I'm cool with it.
She takes another sip of her DLB before standing up and taking a seat in Becky's lap.
Much more comfy.

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:47 PM
Becky is rather surprised by this.
And, were she truly evil, she'd be taking full advantage of hawt, tipsy half-Valkyrie being plopped in her lap.
As it is, though, she just puts an arm around Kara's waist to keep her in place.
"Heh, I'm glad I'm still comfy," she says, a slight blush in her pale cheeks, as she chuckles. And decides to lay off the rest of her Black Shadow.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 10:48 PM
Kara smiles and relaxes against Becky, putting her head under Becky's chin and wiggling to get even more comfortable.
Much better than your typical barstool.

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:50 PM
Becky's blush gets a bit deeper. And she chuckles.
"That's good to hear. And I'd hope I'd certainly be better than the Killer Barstool. Er, Kara. Are you...sure about this? Since, ah, last time and all, what you said..."

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 10:53 PM
Kara snuggles into Becky some more, not turning around to talk to her.
Since then, I've been distracted and unfocused. I need someone to, ah, help me focus, if you know what I mean...

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:54 PM
"Ah, I see."
Becky chuckles softly, accepting Kara's explanation.
"Well, I'd be happy to help you focus, if you'd like to head upstairs, then?"
And she pays for her meal.

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 10:56 PM
How about this? I'll keep snuggling you, and you can go where you want to go. I'll just be here, huggling on you...
Kara smiles at Becky, turning to look at her again.
Amusingly, Kara's rosy cheeks has extended to being rosy ears, as well. Apparently, that happens when she blushes a little.

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 10:59 PM
Becky can't help but giggle at Kara's adorable blush. And nods.
"You know, I think I like that idea. A lot."
And she wraps her arms tightly around Kara, and goes to stand - heading in the direction of the stairs!

Shadow of the Sun
2010-12-22, 11:01 PM
And Kara just keeps snuggling and cuddling.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-22, 11:13 PM
Who's this entering the Tavern? Some tiefling dude dressed in a sleeveless coat, black jeans and boots and HEY! NIZE HAT!
Because indeed it is, a black cavalier type with a burning phoenix feather on it, sitting comfortably in between two swept-back horns.
Attention may be drawn to the rather intricate looking gauntlets that go up to his elbows, steadily ticktickticking away, the reason for which is clearly evident in the delicate clockwork mechanisms visibly working away behind the armored panels of the gauntlet. And past them, a soft burning glow, that may or may not be countless damned souls burning to fuel the gauntlets' dark unholy powers...

Rough tektek, incomplete, contains link to character page:
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1008/d18/0751/3ee3971.png (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8626258&postcount=9)

Contract in hand, Kal looks around for that one demon he made a wager with, via WallChan.
Come to think of it, it may have been useful for him to ask for a description of said demon. Or even if he'd be in Trog's in the first place... he just kinda assumed he would be. :smallconfused:

VampireRot
2010-12-22, 11:29 PM
Eig'Quzi is suddenly in Trog's!

I refuse to describe him. I'm too tired. Sig link, you lazy peoples. >.<

The purple demon quaintly sips noms some tea. It turns its large yellow gaze over to Kal.

"Ah. Hello. I think I know you..."

Its voice is unnecessarily loud, just as its writing on the wall was unnecessarily large.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-22, 11:37 PM
"Oh! It's you! I... er... recognize your... uh... distinctive speech patterns..."
Even though WallChan is a written medium? Stop cribbing gags from OotS and get on with it. :smallannoyed:
"I wrote up a contract, detailing the contents of our wager, and the conditions of the losing payment. Not that I'd expect a demon to recognize it, but at least I can throw it in your face and set it on fire when you break it."
The contract itself is full of jargon and legalese, but it basically amounts to saying that either player is well within his rights to veto any demand made of their character during their possible 1 year servitude, if they feel it will render said character unplayable or cause unnecessary repercussions. For example, no getting Kal to betray Decker, or do something that would produce the same effect, like betraying the Iron Queen, killing Butler or betraying WATCHTOWER. You know, classless stuff like that, which I'd assume you wouldn't do anyway. :smalltongue:
"So... who are we corrupting?"

VampireRot
2010-12-22, 11:41 PM
Eig'Quzi looks over the contract.

A couple of times.

Before signing. Though, of course, if it loses, Eig's player is perfectly fine with Kal having it do anything. :smallbiggrin: Probably because its lack of relationships and ties to things like Kal has, though.

"I do not believe we had decided. Several people in OOC volunteered their characters I have found several possible targets, however."

And I've totally forgotten em. I think Happy had a doctor somewhere. >.>
Tired! Sleep! :smallyuk:

celtois
2010-12-22, 11:42 PM
Hmm..

Now this was interesting. A wager to corrupt someone.

Well worth listening in on. Much more then the drivel these mortals considered conversation

..Yeah Lily is listening in on the two demons wager.

Better home she doesn't get caught doing so. :smallamused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-22, 11:44 PM
Deadtime then. :smalltongue:
I promise not to have Kal get a head start while you're away... >.>

"Um... what about that guy?"
Kal points to a TOTALLY RANDOM PERSON, who will TOTALLY NOT be COINCIDENTALLY Dr. Fitzhenry. TOTALLY.

happyturtle
2010-12-22, 11:45 PM
And Dr Fitzhenry is totally sitting at the bar drinking a hot toddy.

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0908/d27/2145/f096221.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/30542902)

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-23, 12:11 AM
Another vain little hair flip. "Mhmm you don't say. Well I am one of the most powerful time mages at that so. Your in luck." She's still got a fair bit of drink left being that she is drinking pretty slowly "Ah, now that's were the deal part comes in. I can take some of your life energy, or a small piece of your soul. There are alternate methods as well of paying for smaller magics. Such as indentured labour, either in this life or the next." Her eyes glimmer ominously. "Occasionally if I'm feeling generous I'll even accept items of immense personal value. A little piece of a persons life you know. Still interested?"

Not sure. How much time off my life would we be talking?

celtois
2010-12-23, 12:14 AM
In the time bubble.

"It all depends on many years you want to turn the clock for you boat back. If you want it as good as new. How old is it now?" She's smiling. Aww so innocent looking >.>

She's totally not though.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-23, 12:35 AM
I lost it a little less than four year ago.

celtois
2010-12-23, 12:47 AM
She grins. "Well if all you want is it back the way it was at that point. That will just cost you. Four years of life essence. Or an equivalent chuck of your soul. Though I might also accept four years of your time in the after life spent working for me instead. " She'll flash him a grin. "Sound reasonable enough?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-23, 12:51 AM
And if I prefered something a little closer on the timeline. I had a yacht two months back, one of the finest beauties there ever was, but it got shredded, much like all my ships seem to. Lacked the arsenal of me first ship, but the fact that it was a skyship more than made up for it. Would the cost be the same?

celtois
2010-12-23, 12:54 AM
"The cost would of course be less. It's all a matter of how many strings I have to pull on the web of time, and how far back I have to reach. Just decrease the time span I quoted for the first ship to two years and you have about what I'd be charging you." She'll take another sip of her drink. "So the question is, are you interested?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-23, 01:14 AM
Ah, sure, not like I expect to ever get to use my natural lifespan up. Plus, how could I say no to a beautiful lady like yourself? You're a born saleswoman, if I ever saw one. Higgs says, grinning, then finishes off his second drink.

celtois
2010-12-23, 01:20 AM
"Very good. If you'd like I can get right on to bringing your boat back. Did she have a name?" She smiles and the compliment, but doesn't remark almost as if she just takes it as a given. "I will of course need to take some of your life force now to begin the casting if you'd like. Or our transaction can wait till later, if you wish."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 01:20 AM
((I'm assuming PiP is me? Yep, server downtime issues.))

"Meet me here. I've rented a room upstairs." Simon had his doubts about this. She didn't seem like the trustworthy type. He turned to the boy and his blob. "Swimming along the coastal shelf, eh? What kind of creature is he anyway?"

"Amorphous sugar. Means he's not a solid, and can shift his shape." She can't help but giggle at little at the confusion. Oh there it was. Conformation that he was in fact. Not useful to her. If they where just here for fun.... wait. Problem with a differing life span between the two of them. That might be worth while. "You know, if you wanted I might be able to do something about that age problem you have." She'll toss her hair again, so she's looking her best. "Let me reintroduce myself. Lily, time mage, first class. If your interested I might be able to decrease the rate time flows around you so you'd have a similar life span to your friend here. Wouldn't be too hard I don't think."

(Mhmm you are PiP, Pregnant in a Pickle. :smalltongue:)

"Very well should I encounter your red handed ladies I will inform them to meet you in your room upstairs." She smirks. "I'm sure they'll have a lovely time." Hmm looks like there was no need to inform him further since he didn't press the matter of asking for a favour.

EDIT: I'm going to have to log off really soon. So if you post and don't get a response that's why

((carried over from the last thread))
"Blue's a Glaucei, they're-what?" the man's eyes widen.
"Did-did you say I could live as long as Blue?" he looks back at the creature and his eyes water up, though he's not crying at all, "That's...amazing...Thousands of years...and...and we could explore the whole world!"

celtois
2010-12-23, 01:33 AM
Normal Trogs

"Yes I believe I did say that. It would by no means be a inexpensive transaction. But I could certainly give you a lifespan which is equal to his. So long as you don't do something stupid and get yourself killed." She'll smile at the boy "With that sort of time I imagine you could explore anywhere, and since I like you I'm sure I could make you a special deal." Her special deal isn't any different from her normal deal. It's just when she tells them she's giving them a special deal they tend to be more likely to except. "If your interested I could explain the deal in full."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 01:36 AM
"Huh, noone's ever like me that quickly before," the man smiles (seriously, is this guy more naieve than a freaking 12 year old or what?), "But, uh, sure. Explain hwo the whole thing works, or whatever."
And then I never get old or weak and I never have to leave Blue and we'll fight monsters and everything forever!

celtois
2010-12-23, 01:44 AM
"Well you've got an adorable face and a story that just makes me want to help you. Very well I just need to know how long your friends life span is so I can figure how much I'm going to have to extend yours." She takes another sip of wine, enjoying it immensely. Two contracts in such a short span of time. That would be marvellous "You see in exchange for the extra time I give you here in material form I'm going to have to take some of your time in the next life to help me get the work done. It's basically a year to year ratio. So if I add 2000 years to you life here I need you to do 2000 years of work for me after you've died. Does that sound reasonable to you?" She pauses for a moment. "The other option is we trade in a bit of your soul to get the energy required to give you the life span. It's all and all not a bad deal for you as you'll get to do all your exploring of this world with your friend." She smiles at him, a nice friendly smile. "I just want to help. But if your not interested then that's fine too."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 01:47 AM
The man blushes, then thinks.
Reincarnation? Didn't know that was real.
"Thanks...Your'e...uh...you're really good looking yourself..." he looks at the rest of her (not just her face, like he'd been trained to) and realizes just how true that is.
"Wow...I think I'd prefer the whole 'serve you in the next life' thing, I'm pretty sure my soul wants to stay in one piece. Glaucei normally live for around 3 or 4 thousand years."

celtois
2010-12-23, 01:53 AM
She smiles broadly at the compliment. Though doesn't remark upon it. Or his reaction to looking her over. She enjoys the attention but she's just sort of above commenting on it. :smalltongue: "Very well an options that I must admit I'm more fond of myself, I'll add thirty six hundred years onto your life. In exchange you can serve me in the next for an equal amount of time. If that all appeals to you. Then I can get started right now." She says while pulling out a sheet of paper that looks like it's made of the stuff of stars itself. "All you need to do is sign yourself into my care for the next life and I'll start the enchantments now."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 01:54 AM
"If you don't mind my asking, how do you plan on living that long?" he reaches out to grab the paper and signs it.
IDIOT!

celtois
2010-12-23, 02:02 AM
Mhmm. He just sold his afterlife over to a cat demon. :smallamused:
Still he will have plenty of time to live before it is time to collect. Unless he gets himself killed. :smallwink:

"We'll I'm not what you would call human. So I'm going to be around a very, very long time." She smiles sweetly at him. "Well, excellent I'll begin the weaving now. This should take a little while." She'll say while rerolling up the contract.

And then she'll step a little ways away from him and close her eyes and begin chanting, or her mouth moves like she is chanting but no sound comes out. Her hands move in front of her like she's working a loom.

Like she seems truly otherworldly. As if she is the very night sky itself and all the stars are shining through her.

Assuming the weaving is working on him. The man/boy will start to be surrounded in a pale silver light.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 02:04 AM
The young man stares in awe at the light as it appears around him, and Blue stands up from his seat and walks over.
"What what is is going ing on on?"

celtois
2010-12-23, 02:08 AM
Lost as she is in the weaving of the tapestry Lily is not in any state to actually answer any questions. Or for that matter even hear them. She doesn't seem to even notice that Blue said anything.

And continues to go on with the peculiar ritual.

The light will grow stronger and stronger as the weaving continues.
Until the spell is finally finished and the light will slowly appear to seep into the mans skin, leaving him looking just like before. But with a life span thousands of years longer. And Lily will fall to her knees. Now done the casting. "Huh... did it." She's smiling weakly now. 3600 years was no small feat even for an experienced time mage.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 02:11 AM
The man will try to help Lily up, being very careful about the whole thing.
"She made me live longer, Blue! I'm going to live as long as you!"
Blue's face shows that he doesn't understand the situation at ALL.
"What what?"

celtois
2010-12-23, 02:14 AM
She'll take the offer hand and rise to her feet. Giving a slight nod in appreciation. She just doesn't say thank you very much. Might even have forgotten how. "It's like your friend said. I've increased his life span so he will live for thousands of years. So you'll have a similar length of life."

She'll make her way back to her seat and take another sip of wine. Oh she needed that after that casting. The web had tried to fight back.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 02:19 AM
"Yeah, now we can explore the whole world! And we don't have to rush or anything!"
Blue's eyestalks extend down so that the large, angry black orbs are looking Lily in the face. The entire mass of the gargantuan sea beast shakes as it growls.
"I I don't don't know know what what you you did did to to trick trick him him into to this this but but you you will will give give him him back back whatever ever you you took took in in 'return turn'."

celtois
2010-12-23, 02:26 AM
"Sorry, there buddy. But a deal is a deal. Time for time was the agreement, and there is no going back on one of my bargains" She smiles in a sickly sweet fashion. "Enjoy your life together." She ignore the anger of the beast seeming to be unphased by the whole thing, and takes another sip of her wine.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-23, 02:27 AM
"Very good. If you'd like I can get right on to bringing your boat back. Did she have a name?" She smiles and the compliment, but doesn't remark almost as if she just takes it as a given. "I will of course need to take some of your life force now to begin the casting if you'd like. Or our transaction can wait till later, if you wish."

Well, I've never waited for amything I could have now, so let's keep that record, shall we? Higgs says, getting up and bowing. After you.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 02:30 AM
Blue raises an arm, but the man stops him.
"Don't worry, it's fine. My idea," he stretches to reach Blue's tempanic membranes.
"She thinks I'll reincarnate and serve her in the next life!"
Blue's laughter is a thunderous noise that shakes the ground.
"Very ry well well."

celtois
2010-12-23, 02:35 AM
She rolls her eyes. Poor fool didn't quite understand what the next life really meant. It meant what your soul did after you died. Your afterlife. She'd get her servitude, if he had a soul. :smallamused:

[Time bubble.]

"Very well I can start now then. I'll just need to. Wait go were? I was just going to cast it here unless you had a specific need for it to be elsewhere." She looks a little confused

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 02:37 AM
The man turns to Lily and holds out his hand.
"Thanks, Lily. My name's Boy, by the way. Blue named me, and I named Blue."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-23, 02:40 AM
[Time bubble.]

"Very well I can start now then. I'll just need to. Wait go were? I was just going to cast it here unless you had a specific need for it to be elsewhere." She looks a little confused

Well, Inside has some pretty strict laws about air transport, so I thought it best that we call it somewhere Outside. Otherwise they might ruin the new paint job before I ruined them for it.

celtois
2010-12-23, 02:41 AM
She'll take the hand and shake it. "Yes, nice to meet you. Sounds like a fascinating story let me guess named on account of his blue colour?" Yeah. These two were of no more use to her. She really doubted that they'd be making any more deals with her now that they had what they wanted.

Which meant they were just a waste of time.

Precious time.

[Time Bubble]

"Very well, we can head... outside. Do you have a particular form of transport we'll be taking or shall we walk?" She'll take a final sip of her wine. Finishing it. Mhhm.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 02:42 AM
"How'd you guess?" Boy smiles sarcastically.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 02:44 AM
Chumley slides in. Slides is just the right verb, even if it's inaccurate. "Hiya, Cosmo. Long time." A beat. "Eh, screw it, beer now, please." :smalltongue:

celtois
2010-12-23, 02:47 AM
"How'd you guess?" Boy smiles sarcastically.

"Lets go with the colour. Now I'd love to stay and chit chat. But I'm afraid I have another client with a rather unique request that I need to help with. So I'm going to have to be leaving shortly once, I merge with myself again or course. It's been a pleasure doing business with you and speaking of course. Don't be afraid to look me up in the future."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-23, 02:48 AM
I got a car. 1957 Ford Thunderbird. With all the latest gadgets and gizmos added in, no way I'm driving a car without air conditioning.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 02:51 AM
"You got it," Boy and Blue return to their booth and order some food, looking around for someone else to talk to.
Blue still looks troubled by the whole thing.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 02:52 AM
Chumley is drinking agressively. :smalltongue:

celtois
2010-12-23, 02:54 AM
"Very well. Lets depart."

She'll drop the time field and merge once again with herself, and it will put Higgs back in the current time stream.

XD and he rightly should be. Boy just sold himself into slavery in the afterlife. :smallamused:

"If you aren't too disoriented by the time jump lets go." She's of course addressing Higgs.

@Moff, Hot stuff that. :smalltongue:

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 02:58 AM
Boy will walk up next to Chumley, Blue calmly watching him as always, and peer at the beer.
"Whassat?" the young man asks.

Zefir
2010-12-23, 02:59 AM
Zefir will enter the bar now heading to the bar he orders a Dragon Liver Buster.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 02:59 AM
Chumley is, in fact, female. :smalltongue: She looks at Blue all funny. "'s beer."

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 03:02 AM
((Blue is watching Boy, not Chumley))
"Sorry, I've been underwater since I was six. Beer is?" Boy reels back at the smell of the liquid, but still seems interested.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 03:05 AM
((Oh. >.>))
"Cosmo! Correct this injustice at once!" Erm. "I'll pay." The grumbling gnome slams a mug down in front of Boy. "Beer. Makes the world go 'round. Tasty, once you get used to it. Destroys your liver, you shouldn't drink it." *glug glug glug*

Zefir
2010-12-23, 03:07 AM
Zefir now watches at them looking where this ends.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 03:09 AM
"Hehe. A shark tore out my normal liver, pretty lady, I have one meant for handling box jellyfish poison," Boy says. ((He was trained by the Glaucei to call women on land 'pretty lady' whether they look good or not because they thought it was a faux pas not to.))
He takes a swig of the beer.
"I guess I get used to it quick," he licks his lips, "Because that was [i]good[/i."
((I hate Boy's choice in drinks. GET SOME SOJU LIKE A REAL MAN, YOU FISHY FOOL!))

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-23, 03:10 AM
Higgs will, assuming she doesn't suddenly decide to kill him, escort her to the car. On the way out, he puts a bottle of single-malt whiskey on the table next to the boy. Don't waste your time with that rubbish, this is the good stuff. And judging by the vintage, it is indeed.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 03:11 AM
Chumley's eyes narrow at "pretty lady". "'scuse me?"

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 03:12 AM
"I said it was good stuff. The beer. Are we not supposed to complement the waiter in this country? I'm rather new here..." Boy takes a swig of the whiskey and the beer at once, then licks his teeth.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 03:14 AM
Chumley decides this battle isn't worth it. "Eh, not that Cosmo appreciates it. Whatever." Chumley swipes the whiskey. :smalltongue:

celtois
2010-12-23, 03:16 AM
Higgs will, assuming she doesn't suddenly decide to kill him, escort her to the car. On the way out, he puts a bottle of single-malt whiskey on the table next to the boy. Don't waste your time with that rubbish, this is the good stuff. And judging by the vintage, it is indeed.

Nope no killing.

She isn't really capable of fighting. Usually getting others to protect her when she is in danger or using her magic to get her out of the situation.

Basically she is escorted to the car without incident.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 03:17 AM
Boy figures that since it was given to him by a stranger, he has no claim to it, and lets Chumley take it.
"Who's Cosmo?"

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 03:21 AM
"Typical." Cosmo is the bartender. :smallyuk:

"Eh, bartender. I get to say whatever I want about him because AMEN is paying my tab and they don't even remember it, and I've probably given Cosmo more business than a shotgun during a zombie invasion." A pause. "Bamhacon, Cosmo. Hit me." The grumbly gnome places a huge platter of bamhacon in front of Chumley and Boy.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 03:23 AM
"That. Smells. Delicious," Boy waves to Cosmo and takes a deep whiff of bamhacon smell.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 03:25 AM
"I'd hope so. Food of the gods, at least any gods worth believing in." *omnomnomnomnom*

((Deadtime... in a few minutes! >.>))

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 03:27 AM
Again, something given by a stranger has no claim. Boy reaches in to grab a small bite of the wonderous wonder that is wonderful and bamhacon-y.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-23, 03:29 AM
And, once more asuming he isn't killed, they drive off to Outside.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 03:31 AM
"Mmph, hel' 'urself. Not li' I'm payin' or anythi'." Chumley waves a little bit, mouth full of bamhacon.

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-23, 03:34 AM
Boy grins and grabs a handful of the stuff. He's never been near silverware, so he just digs in with his hands.

celtois
2010-12-23, 03:42 AM
Yeah. just go ahead and post there.

:smalltongue:

iElf
2010-12-23, 06:12 AM
Din enters the tavern , and sits down. she looks more relaxed than usual . almost relieved

Recaiden
2010-12-23, 11:45 AM
"You look calm, child. No more trouble with Dalalrech's followers, I take it?" I'm not sure where Dan came from, but he's now leaning against the bar next to her.

iElf
2010-12-23, 11:47 AM
"You look calm, child. No more trouble with Dalalrech's followers, I take it?" I'm not sure where Dan came from, but he's now leaning against the bar next to her.

she smiles "oh yes...but...I think the worst is over for now"

Recaiden
2010-12-23, 11:49 AM
"Glad to hear it. Tell me, child, how fares Angela's church? It is always good to keep up on one's...competitors sounds so callous. Coworkers, then." The young man smiles back, teeth glinting metallically.

iElf
2010-12-23, 11:51 AM
"Glad to hear it. Tell me, child, how fares Angela's church? It is always good to keep up on one's...competitors sounds so callous. Coworkers, then." The young man smiles back, teeth glinting metallically.

Din frowns " hang on...do we know each other?"

Recaiden
2010-12-23, 11:56 AM
"Know each other? All are known to other thinking beings, deep inside."

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 12:00 PM
Sniper Kitty Reinholdt runs in here screaming.
"AIIEEEEE!!"
Has he... has he been running around the entire town screaming all night long? :smalleek:

Well he finally stops it when he finds a place to climb up to the rafters and hide way up there after a few leaps. Crazy cat.

iElf
2010-12-23, 12:08 PM
"Know each other? All are known to other thinking beings, deep inside."

"how do you know....stuff...about me?"

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 12:15 PM
Meanwhile, Dani undeadtimes at her table shared with the deadtimed Alexis and the deadtimed Ivaz.

Just in time to see the decidedly un-deadtimed Reinholdt come running screaming into the Tavern.

She blinks in shock and surprise, then stares up at the rafters.
"What happened to you?!"

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0903/d31/0944/d3ab997.png

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 12:23 PM
"There was... and then... he breathed... and ZOMBIEFUNGUSMAN OHGODIDON'TWANNABEONEANDDIETOMUSHROOMS!!"
... He sounds exactly like Fez Hat Reinholdt there Dani. EXACTLY.

His fur is all poofy.

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 12:37 PM
I don't think Dani has met FHR yet though. :smalltongue:
And thankfully the hyperredhead, being hyper, is able to understand the yowling kitteh.
"...did you just say 'mushroom zombie'?"
:smalleek:

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 12:39 PM
But... the Oak Tree party... :smallconfused:
Reinholdt doesn't reply. He's too busy trying to exhale all the breath from his lungs. Of course I suppose that means some inhaling too. Which likely turns into hyperventilating...

Oh right. Reinholdt's secretly absolutely terrified of becoming undead. I suppose mushroom zombie qualifies.

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 12:44 PM
Er. That's...later in continuity than this Dani is in? :smallconfused:
Or maybe she does recognise him!
*pokes Dani* *poke poke poke*

"Hey, calm down! You're safe here!" Dani insists as she notes the hyperventilating cat.

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 12:48 PM
"HebreathedonmeandI'M GETTING EATEN BY FUNGI AREN'T I?!"
*hyperventilate*
*run around the rafters in a panic*

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 12:54 PM
"I don't see any fungi on you!" Dani says, getting a bit more hyper as well.
Alas, she lacks any tranquiliser darts!

Cosmo doesn't though. As he emerges from the kitchen, grumbling, raises a blow-dart-gun to his lips, and
pfffbt!

iElf
2010-12-23, 12:57 PM
Din watches the antics of the sniper kitteh!

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 12:58 PM
Cosmo doesn't really need one. Reinholdt was just about to pass out anyways.
I suppose the tranq dart doesn't help though.
Down he falls...

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 01:02 PM
And Dani leaps forwards, arms extended, to catch the kitteh as he falls!

Hopefully nobody will get in the way. Be a shame to have to flag them for pass interference.

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 01:30 PM
*looks*
I don't think anyone is. She probably catches the sniper kitty at this point.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 02:15 PM
Chumley leaps out of her chair, arms raised! "AND IT'S GOOD! The plucky young redhead gets a first down at the fifteen, what a pass! What a catch!" Chumley clears her throat delicately, ladylike, and resumes demolishing her bamhacon. :smallcool:

iElf
2010-12-23, 02:22 PM
Din sighs, and looks around, looking for someone to interact with

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 02:24 PM
*munch munch munch munch*

You know, Chumley spends such a large percentage of her on-screen time eating, it's a shock she's still so tiny. :smalltongue:

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 02:26 PM
The tall, spry fellow from yesterday is still at the bar, mostly ignorant of any excitement around him. William Henry finishes the last dregs of a mug of cider and sets the vessel down, also idly looking around. So far, he hadn't found any leads, but he was certain that he would soon. Surely someone around here could use an honest, hardworking laborer with a strong back and powerful arms. His Pa had always told him that a man that could work and work hard would never have trouble providing for himself.

iElf
2010-12-23, 02:40 PM
Din doesn't look like she could use some hardworking labourer , but she look bored out of her brains for now, she looks at him and frowns

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 02:42 PM
An old woman comes into the tavern, slowly dragging a purse on the ground. It looks heavy.
After a little while, she sits down at a table and puts up a sign.

In need of a strong back for heavy labor.
The purse is still on the floor.

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 02:47 PM
William Henry returns the frown with a bit of an awkward, sheepish smile. Like he's trying to be friendly anyway but his confusion at her apparent hostility sort of saps some of the effort out of it. But then opportunity strikes!

William Henry stands up and walks over to the old woman. "Howdy, ma'am. You need to hire some help, ma'am?"

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 02:53 PM
"Yesss deary. Aren't you sweet? I need you to lift my purse up onto the table for me. I would lift it myself but I'm far too feeble for such a heavy thing. Why back in the day men would offer to help old ladies for free, but there's no such thing as a free lunch. Of course back in the day I was quite the looker and I didn't have arthritis and rheumatism and osteoporosis and boy do those pills look different. But my doctor says my eyesight isn't failing as bad as old Mrs. Petersons, bless her..."
This could go on for a while.

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 02:57 PM
William Henry nods politely as his listens. And listens some more. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't seem to quite get the gist of what is going on, until the joke probably more becomes William Henry's extreme patience rather than the old woman's ability to ramble.

After probably entirely too long of that, Henry finally clears his throat. "So, um, ma'am, you're hiring me to carry that bag?"

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 03:02 PM
"No deary, just to lift it into the table. Kids these days. They don't listen to their elders. Not that I did when I was a kid. Why this one time..."
It starts again.
He should probably consider getting paid by the hour.

iElf
2010-12-23, 03:09 PM
Din groans, and bangs her head against the table "can someone please kill me? I can't go for another round"
"Or Preferably her...."

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 03:09 PM
That wouldn't sit very well with his ethics. You get paid for the work you do, not for the time spent.

Of course, by now he's starting to catch on a bit, and he interrupts quickly at the next opportunity. "Okay, ma'am. Let me get that for you." Taking up the strap, he attempts to lift up the bag with his strength. And he's a pretty darn strong young lad. He might not be the world's greatest strongman yet, but he's certainly respectable. He'd easily manage loads that most people couldn't budge.

VampireRot
2010-12-23, 03:11 PM
Deadtime then. :smalltongue:
I promise not to have Kal get a head start while you're away... >.>

"Um... what about that guy?"
Kal points to a TOTALLY RANDOM PERSON, who will TOTALLY NOT be COINCIDENTALLY Dr. Fitzhenry. TOTALLY.

And Dr Fitzhenry is totally sitting at the bar drinking a hot toddy.

http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0908/d27/2145/f096221.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/30542902)

"Why not?"

"Do you think he might have heard?"

Eig talks rather loudly, after all. >.> And having targets that know they're targets is silly.

:smalltongue:

Haruki-kun
2010-12-23, 03:12 PM
Dusk enters the tavern and orders a drink,then proceeds to observe the old lady. Or rather, the old lady's purse. Man... that purse looks like it contains quite a good bit of gold...

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 03:14 PM
He should be able to lift it, though it is way heavier than it looks. Up on the table it goes!
The old woman smiles. "Thank you deary. Now here's something for you. Buy yourself something nice. Maybe a stick of licorice?" :smallsmile:
She reaches into her pocket and pulls out two copper pieces and puts them down on the table for William.

"Now I can finally work on polishing my rock collection." She opens up her purse and starts pulling out various rocks from the purse, putting them on the table.

Haruki-kun
2010-12-23, 03:15 PM
o.O

Dusk looks at the table. Those are nice stones. What kind of stones are they, I wonder?

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 03:20 PM
William Henry takes his two coppers. "Thank you kindly, ma'am." He starts to walk back to his spot at the bar, but stops near Din. "What's the problem, miss?"

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 03:24 PM
Sadly for Dusk... the type of rocks you get from going outside and picking them up off the ground. :smalltongue:
So there might be one of value in there, but it's highly unlikely.

The old lady waves goodbye to William.
And deadtimes polishing her rock collection.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 03:24 PM
Chumley is still drinking. As if she has something to prove, or rather, something to drown out. :smalltongue:

Haruki-kun
2010-12-23, 03:26 PM
Dusk turns around and looks at Chumley. "Hello, there," he says. Now... does this one have anything worthwhile?

iElf
2010-12-23, 03:26 PM
Chumley is still drinking. As if she has something to prove, or rather, something to drown out. :smalltongue:

Din goes sit down next to her "mind if I join you?" she has two drinks in her hand

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 03:30 PM
Perhaps not being noticed, William Henry clears his throat and follows Din over to the table. ""Scuse me, miss? I don't mean to be prying to be botherin' you or nothin', but I was just wonderin' why you're frowning all the time."

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 03:31 PM
Dusk turns around and looks at Chumley. "Hello, there," he says. Now... does this one have anything worthwhile?

Probably not. :smalltongue: "Hi."

Din goes sit down next to her "mind if I join you?" she has two drinks in her hand

"The more the merrier, I guess..."

iElf
2010-12-23, 03:32 PM
Perhaps not being noticed, William Henry clears his throat and follows Din over to the table. ""Scuse me, miss? I don't mean to be prying to be botherin' you or nothin', but I was just wonderin' why you're frowning all the time."

she lightens up a little as she turns round "not your fault really...i'm just bored, nervous, and haven't drunk enough yet"

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 03:38 PM
The answer is a bit concerning to the young man. "Nervous? What for, ma'am? What's wrong?" In his earnest sympathy and curiosity, he might be overstepping the bounds of politeness, but he doesn't seem to notice.

iElf
2010-12-23, 03:46 PM
The answer is a bit concerning to the young man. "Nervous? What for, ma'am? What's wrong?" In his earnest sympathy and curiosity, he might be overstepping the bounds of politeness, but he doesn't seem to notice.

Din looks down, and drops her voice "I'm not sure...but...I feel that i'm in danger"

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 03:48 PM
Chumley fishes around her backpack, and pulls out a spare crowbar, and wordlessly passes it to Din.

iElf
2010-12-23, 03:49 PM
Chumley fishes around her backpack, and pulls out a spare crowbar, and wordlessly passes it to Din.

Din frowns "...and what am I to do with this?"

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 03:50 PM
William Henry raises an eyebrow, further perplexed. "In danger? From what? This seems like a pretty safe place. I mean, it isn't like we're out in the thick of the woods or anythin'. There aren't any bears or wolves around. What are you afraid for?"

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 03:52 PM
Din frowns "...and what am I to do with this?"

"You have a crowbar. Therefore, any danger you feel you're in is your fault and no one elses." Chumley takes a long, appraising gulp from her mug. And deadtimes. :smallcool:

iElf
2010-12-23, 03:54 PM
William Henry raises an eyebrow, further perplexed. "In danger? From what? This seems like a pretty safe place. I mean, it isn't like we're out in the thick of the woods or anythin'. There aren't any bears or wolves around. What are you afraid for?"

"you've not been much out of the wild have you? In here... other people. other people, or what they create, can be worse than all I've seen in the wild before, and I've fought undead dire bears out there...."

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 03:58 PM
William Henry gives a bit of an exasperated sigh. "Alright, so I don't know what kinda crazy critters you got around here. Maybe you got jackalopes and bunyips and who knows what all. But they don't live in a saloon or a bar. What are you afraid of that's in here? What people? Most of the folks around here are real friendly-like."

iElf
2010-12-23, 04:06 PM
William Henry gives a bit of an exasperated sigh. "Alright, so I don't know what kinda crazy critters you got around here. Maybe you got jackalopes and bunyips and who knows what all. But they don't live in a saloon or a bar. What are you afraid of that's in here? What people? Most of the folks around here are real friendly-like."

Din frowns "right now...yes...but there are people in this city that will kill you for a lump of soggy bread...or because you happen to be there..."

happyturtle
2010-12-23, 04:07 PM
Fitzhenry conveniently doesn't seem to have heard anything suspicious. :smalltongue:

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 04:08 PM
William Henry utters a disbelieving guffaw. "Miss, folks in the city can be a little strange, but most of them ain't crazy axe-murderers or anything."

iElf
2010-12-23, 04:10 PM
William Henry utters a disbelieving guffaw. "Miss, folks in the city can be a little strange, but most of them ain't crazy axe-murderers or anything."

Din sighs "...then you'll have to find out for yourself. don't say I didn't warn you..."

V'icternus
2010-12-23, 04:12 PM
Atoya enters Trogs, looking rather annoyed, and takes her spot at the bar, grabbing a drink.

Her long black hair hangs off the edge of her barstool, brushing it must take hours. Oddly enough it does mean that that's basically all you can see of her unless she turns to face you.

She tosses back a drink almost violently into her mouth.

Neon Knight
2010-12-23, 04:13 PM
William Henry tries to wipe the slight smile off his face and speak seriously. "Ma'am, you really have nothing to worry about. A nice girl like yourself shouldn't get into a twist over nothin'. Now, I'm sorry for taking up your time. I gotta go find myself some good work. I'm sure you'll be fine." William Henry gets up and heads off to find work..

((As his player deadtimes to go to work.))

iElf
2010-12-23, 04:17 PM
Din sighs, and sits back down at the bar

Recaiden
2010-12-23, 04:24 PM
"how do you know....stuff...about me?"

"I've heard of you. And you're quite easy to recognize."

iElf
2010-12-23, 04:25 PM
"I've heard of you. And you're quite easy to recognize."

Din raises an eyebrow "....who do you know who knows me?"

Recaiden
2010-12-23, 04:28 PM
"I know many people, Din. Who do you know, who knows me?"

iElf
2010-12-23, 04:30 PM
"I know many people, Din. Who do you know, who knows me?"

"um....I have no clue...I don't know who you are..."

((and fair point...WHO did tell him?))

Recaiden
2010-12-23, 04:39 PM
"Does it matter? Well, if you wish, I am Brother Danelzes, of Felina." Not that he's a catperson. No, a 'future cultist'.
((I can only assume it was Lily.))

iElf
2010-12-23, 04:41 PM
Din sighs "...you know my name already..."

Recaiden
2010-12-23, 04:45 PM
"And very little else, truth be told."

((Deadtime))

iElf
2010-12-23, 05:08 PM
Din gets away from the deadtimed person, and goes order another drink

Falgorn
2010-12-23, 05:11 PM
Din could see Shas'La, the Tau trying to form an emissary, sitting at a booth, jotting down notes on paper, and cooly remarking how "barbaric" pen and paper are.

iElf
2010-12-23, 05:13 PM
Din could see Shas'La, the Tau trying to form an emissary, sitting at a booth, jotting down notes on paper, and cooly remarking how "barbaric" pen and paper are.

Din looks over ...this is interesting. she decides to walk over

"hey um...pardon me asking...but what are you?"

Falgorn
2010-12-23, 05:26 PM
The Fire Warrior scoffs at Din. "Me? I am Tau, the most powerful, prominent, and precise of all the species in the galaxy. I am the representation of the Greater Good, a weapon of the Ethereals, and...lost
Now tell me, what are you?" Ah, if only the Water Caste were here.

iElf
2010-12-23, 05:30 PM
The Fire Warrior scoffs at Din. "Me? I am Tau, the most powerful, prominent, and precise of all the species in the galaxy. I am the representation of the Greater Good, a weapon of the Ethereals, and...lost
Now tell me, what are you?" Ah, if only the Water Caste were here.

Din grins "an elf. simple as that. island elf if you want the subspecies"

has la ever seen an elder unmasked before?

Falgorn
2010-12-23, 05:41 PM
Maybe once, but it was probably when his/her face was splattered by pusle rifle fire. He wouldn't know an eldar, but he knows humans, and they look close enough.
"'Elf?' Is that some sub-breed of Gue'La that I have not heard about?" Shas'La asks, intrigued by the foreign species.
((Deadtime.))

Zefir
2010-12-23, 05:45 PM
Zefir is still sitting at the bar having his Drink.

The shadow man sits on his table he looks around but there is nothing of intresst for him. If nothing happens he will leave the bar by jumping into a shadow.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-23, 05:45 PM
Trix enters the tavern, her stomach rumbling. She moves swiftly towards the counter.

"I need to, uh, eat somethin'. Somethin' big. Like, um, now-ish."

iElf
2010-12-23, 05:46 PM
again, a lone Din sits alone at the bar

VampireRot
2010-12-23, 05:53 PM
Trix enters the tavern, her stomach rumbling. She moves swiftly towards the counter.

"I need to, uh, eat somethin'. Somethin' big. Like, um, now-ish."

Cosmo gives Trix a look. Great. More customers not specifying food. :smallannoyed:

The NPC sighs and goes into the kitchen. After literally one second, a procession comes out, holding an outrageously large dining plate. A bit larger than the tables around Trog's. It has to be, considering the blue whale steak that is on it. It's only a small section of the whale, of course, but small in relation to the ginormous animal it was taken from.

It is hefted onto the counter in front of Trix, crushing anything in her seat's direct vicinity that isn't taken off the counter in time. The gnome gives Trix the same look. :smallannoyed:

Please note that Rot does not encourage or approve of the eating of endangered animals. Mouthwateringly delicious and blubbery endangered animals.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-23, 06:03 PM
Trix stares at it, hardly believing she could possibly be affected by the ring enough to want to eat that much...

Her stomach growls. An eye twitches.

Soon, her manner of eating begins to look like something out of a cartoon - with a blur of hands and the steady shrinkage of the meal in front of her.

Once she is done, she thanks Cosmo and dashes outside again.

Zefir
2010-12-23, 06:06 PM
Zefir may got take not of her Ring and follow at first.

Zefir takes note of the ring and follows.

V'icternus
2010-12-23, 06:12 PM
Atoya stared at Trix as she ate, in awe of the scene, before returning to her drink as Trix ran off.

Crazy Nexus people...

VampireRot
2010-12-23, 06:20 PM
Cosmo looks disbelieving for a second.

Before throwing up his hands and huffing in defeat. The grumpy gnome goes back to cleaning dirty glasses. Which there always are, even with the brownies that tidy up things. :smalltongue:

Falgorn
2010-12-23, 07:07 PM
Shas'La undeadtimes in the bar, taking another note. "Miniature Gue'La are reserved for culinary duties. This one is unhappy with its position."
Shas'La nods, thinking his information his 100% spot-on.

iElf
2010-12-23, 07:08 PM
Maybe once, but it was probably when his/her face was splattered by pusle rifle fire. He wouldn't know an eldar, but he knows humans, and they look close enough.
"'Elf?' Is that some sub-breed of Gue'La that I have not heard about?" Shas'La asks, intrigued by the foreign species.
((Deadtime.))

Din shakes her head "sorry...i don't know what a Gue'la is"

Falgorn
2010-12-23, 07:15 PM
"It's a term for your, ah, 'mother people.' What do you call it, humans? In Tau language, you are Gue'La. Your kind who choose to help us are Gue'vesa." Shas'La states, happy to spread information about the Empire.

iElf
2010-12-23, 07:17 PM
"It's a term for your, ah, 'mother people.' What do you call it, humans? In Tau language, you are Gue'La. Your kind who choose to help us are Gue'vesa." Shas'La states, happy to spread information about the Empire.

she shakes her head "no...the elves are an older race...but we share a lot of our looks with humans"

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 07:19 PM
Nexus' most hated kitty cat is in your arms Dani! What do you do?

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 07:20 PM
*looks*
I don't think anyone is. She probably catches the sniper kitty at this point.

Chumley leaps out of her chair, arms raised! "AND IT'S GOOD! The plucky young redhead gets a first down at the fifteen, what a pass! What a catch!" Chumley clears her throat delicately, ladylike, and resumes demolishing her bamhacon. :smallcool:

Nexus' most hated kitty cat is in your arms Dani! What do you do?

First, grin at Chumley. And giggle.
Then put the unconsious/tranquilised cat on the chair next to hers, as she slips back into her own seat.
"Guess he really didn't like the idea of mushroom zombies..." she says worriedly.

Falgorn
2010-12-23, 07:23 PM
she shakes her head "no...the elves are an older race...but we share a lot of our looks with humans"

Shas'La tries to think of an older species.
Necron? No, she wasn't skeletal, and she talked.
Chaos? No, they were Gue'La too.
Tyranids? Just...no.
There's only one other species like that...
"Aha, you are an Eldar subspecies! It makes sense now!" Ah, the Eldar, one of the most reasonable species in the galaxy.

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 07:27 PM
First, grin at Chumley. And giggle.
Then put the unconsious/tranquilised cat on the chair next to hers, as she slips back into her own seat.
"Guess he really didn't like the idea of mushroom zombies..." she says worriedly.

Oh. Well then. I see how it is.
In the chair he goes.

I imagine he'll wake up soonish.
Next post.

iElf
2010-12-23, 07:27 PM
Shas'La tries to think of an older species.
Necron? No, she wasn't skeletal, and she talked.
Chaos? No, they were Gue'La too.
Tyranids? Just...no.
There's only one other species like that...
"Aha, you are an Eldar subspecies! It makes sense now!" Ah, the Eldar, one of the most reasonable species in the galaxy.

Din thinks and grins"Eldar....oh...I think I know what you are now...my wife keept talking about your universe...you're a ...tau?"

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 07:29 PM
Well, she could have gotten Cosmo to fetch the washtub to drown the kitteh in...

Dani sits there, looking uncomfortable, and wishing she actually knew how to...heal...people...

O RLY?
YA RLY.

And so she rubs her holy symbol, whispers a quick prayer, and administers a Cure Light Wounds spell to Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Apocastrordinaire!

Falgorn
2010-12-23, 07:32 PM
Din thinks and grins"Eldar....oh...I think I know what you are now...my wife keept talking about your universe...you're a ...tau?"

Shas'La snaps his fingers. "You've heard of our Empire, then? And the Greater Good?" Shas'La asks, giddy as a child.

iElf
2010-12-23, 07:35 PM
Shas'La snaps his fingers. "You've heard of our Empire, then? And the Greater Good?" Shas'La asks, giddy as a child.

she nods "if not a lot...I heard you're a tiny empire lucky enough to be small enough to go unnoticed by the greater evils of your universe"

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 07:35 PM
But Reinholdt was going to wake up this post anyways!
Clearly that means his player PREDICTED Cure Light Wounds.
>>
Yeah. Let's go with that.
Reinholdt wakes up. Slowly. So that he doesn't start panicking again.
"Huh?"

Still sounds exactly like FHR. Sounds exactly like Reinholdt Prime too, but he's not around.

Falgorn
2010-12-23, 07:36 PM
she nods "if not a lot...I heard you're a tiny empire lucky enough to be small enough to go unnoticed by the greater evils of your universe"

Shas'La frowns. "We are a constantly expanding empire, that is going to conquer the universe with the Greater Good."
((Deadtime again. 'Tis the season for family get-togethers.))

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 07:43 PM
But Reinholdt was going to wake up this post anyways!
Clearly that means his player PREDICTED Cure Light Wounds.
>>
Yeah. Let's go with that.
Reinholdt wakes up. Slowly. So that he doesn't start panicking again.
"Huh?"

Still sounds exactly like FHR. Sounds exactly like Reinholdt Prime too, but he's not around.

Reinholdt...is FUTURE PSYCHIC.
:smalleek:
Don't tell Butler.

"Are you gonna go panic again or are you gonna be OK? You were freaking out like crazy!" the tiny (and, let it be known, fully-dressed) redhead asks, looking worriedly at The Cat.

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 07:45 PM
"Ummm... I dunno. Do I have tumors all over and fungus in my eyes?"
Reinholdt must still be a little sleepy. That or he's not looking on purpose...

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 07:48 PM
"Nope! You just look like a cat! A talking cat..."
Dani screams and teleports into the rafters! tilts her head curiously.
"So, not gonna freak out, then? That's good!"

V'icternus
2010-12-23, 07:48 PM
Atoya downs her whole drink in one gulp and walks out of Trogs, flicking her hair over her shoulder.

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 07:50 PM
Atoya didn't note the sound of Reinholdt? Guess he didn't leave that much of an impression on her at the party... Oh well. :smallfrown:

Reinholdt slowly looks himself over, takes a few deep breaths. "No... I think I'm good. I suppose if anything bad starts happening I can turn myself to stone or something."

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 07:52 PM
"Or you could get cured? That would be less painful!"
Dani smiles brightly.
"So! It's good to meet you again. I didn't know you could turn into an actual cat!"

iElf
2010-12-23, 07:55 PM
Din looks over, and sees Dani and the injured kitteh, and runs over

"hi Dani! who's the cat?"

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 08:02 PM
"Well presuming there's enough time for that before my brain gets eaten..."

Reinholdt shakes his head.
"I'm usually a cat when not in humanoid form. But... do I know you?" :smallconfused:

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 08:08 PM
"Oh, hi Din! This is...ummm...wait, what?"
Dani looks from Din back to the Apocakitteh.
"We just met! Back at the Oak Tree! Unless you have a twin brother or something?"

((And, deadtime for a bit))

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 08:14 PM
Reinholdt sighs.
"Identical Triplets actually. I really should just stay in humanoid form. They're unique across the board at least." :sigh:
Wrong about that! But then he doesn't know Prime is only Flaming Hawt Human now and can't be a kitty.
I swear this guy has more AU of himself than a X-Men...

"Umm... thanks. For whatever, you did. So long as it wasn't bad." :smallannoyed:
Suspicious kitty is suspicious.

He looks at Din. "I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." He gives his flourish.

iElf
2010-12-23, 08:17 PM
Reinholdt sighs.
"Identical Triplets actually. I really should just stay in humanoid form. They're unique across the board at least." :sigh:
Wrong about that! But then he doesn't know Prime is only Flaming Hawt Human now and can't be a kitty.
I swear this guy has more AU of himself than a X-Men...

"Umm... thanks. For whatever, you did. So long as it wasn't bad." :smallannoyed:
Suspicious kitty is suspicious.

He looks at Din. "I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." He gives his flourish.

Din nods "Din hylia, priestess of angela...do you still need healing?"

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 08:22 PM
"Did that cat just flourish? How? What? Never mind, I don't want to know. Cosmo, is Moonshine legal in Nexus?" :smallannoyed:

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 08:23 PM
"No. I should be fin-... did you just say priestess of Angela?" Reinholdt seems to know her. Huh.

Surely Chumley's seen stranger stuff than a cat flourishing... right?

iElf
2010-12-23, 08:25 PM
"No. I should be fin-... did you just say priestess of Angela?" Reinholdt seems to know her. Huh.

Surely Chumley's seen stranger stuff than a cat flourishing... right?

Din nods "yes...I'm a priestess of angela...do you happen to know the religion?"

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 08:28 PM
She probably has, but most of it is easy to comprehend, just bizzare. A cat flourishing? That's some Lovecraft stuff right there, man. :smallsigh:

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 08:28 PM
"Not... particularly, no. I know about the pantheon she came from and what she's goddess of. And... I've met her." He admits quietly, looking around.

It's a part of his life he's not proud of.
Well moreso than the rest anyways.

VampireRot
2010-12-23, 08:29 PM
"Did that cat just flourish? How? What? Never mind, I don't want to know. Cosmo, is Moonshine legal in Nexus?" :smallannoyed:

"If it is, I should've been arrested a looooong time ago." :smallannoyed:

Moonshine is provided.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 08:31 PM
"Cosmo, you are truly a hero of our time." Chumley downs it. She's obviously fermented some wierd stuff in her time. :smalltongue:

Gullara
2010-12-23, 09:08 PM
Orak, the kroot, is still sitting at the bar. He isn't drinking anything. He is muttering about the poor meat they have here.

celtois
2010-12-23, 09:09 PM
Xavier somehow manages to make his way to the tavern. After that last fight.

The wounds in his upper body are mostly gone. But there is now two long cuts through his pants.

He is still not wearing a shirt. Though with him that's hardly a bad thing :smallredface:

He plops himself down on a bar stool. "Cosmo drink now!" Not very polite but can you blame him it's been a tough day.

Better hope his enemies don't catch up with him yet.

(So long as there isn't some magical post in outside I've missed that stops this from happening.)

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 09:11 PM
"Kay. I could use it." Cosmo takes a swig from a bottle of coffee liquor. "Good idea. I needed that." :smallsmile:

celtois
2010-12-23, 09:15 PM
Xavier just growls at that. "Look. Just get me a beer." Grrr...surly Xavier is all surly.

He puts a hand to his head, as if trying to stop some headache that keeps threatening to come back.

"Stupid job...."

RabbitHoleLost
2010-12-23, 09:34 PM
The door to the tavern opened, allowing a cold breeze to cut through the nice warm, cozy atmosphere. Inside the door frame stopped a young woman, russet red-brown hair and hazel eyes, a generally handsome pale face set off by bright red lips, inbetween which was an unlit cigarette.
In a slow movement, Rabbit grabbed a silver lighter from within her pocket, grateful for her white silk gloves, which kept whatever blessing there might have been on the object from scalding her undead skin, and lit up.
Only then, taking a deep drag, did she walk in, not bothering to look around before sitting at the bar.
Who cared?
There wouldn't be anyone of interest to her there, anyways.

celtois
2010-12-23, 09:39 PM
(Oh hey Rabbit!)

Xaviers eyes dart to the door as soon at it is opened. All too jumpy after the last job.

Huh.. the lady that just came through it looked like a threat alright. Just not like one of his enemies, or at least one that he knew.

Still it wouldn't hurt to be careful. He made sure the safety was off on his pistol

He took a sip of the beer Cosmo had finally brought for him. And sighs. "Well here's to yet another bloody Thanksmas drunk and alone." He proclaims loudly warranting a few grunts of agreement from people around the tavern.

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 09:43 PM
Reinholdt, ever vigilant in case the mushroom zombies decided to follow him, was quite wary about who came in the door.

The moment she stepped in, all other conversation froze. Whatever he was talking about to whomever. It didn't matter. A dead person just walked in the door. One that couldn't be. It couldn't be...
"Rabbit..."

Slowly... almost mechanically... the cat moved from his current seat, leaving behind Din and Dani, to leap up to the seat across from the ghost which should not be. And look her over to make sure he wasn't seeing things. Make sure it wasn't another trick of his mind.

I know I can't take one more step towards you
Cause all that's waiting is regret

Falgorn
2010-12-23, 09:46 PM
Orak, the kroot, is still sitting at the bar. He isn't drinking anything. He is muttering about the poor meat they have here.

Shas'La, happily drinking the ale that the bar serves, waves to Orak and moves to join him. "Hello, friend. I recently talked to an Eldar, and possibly gained an ally for the Greater Weaboo Good!" Shas'La notes, a small grin on is face. "How have things been going for you, Orak?"

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 09:49 PM
Chumley rolls her eyes. "Drama queens, every one of them." As if her booze would respond.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-12-23, 09:52 PM
Noticing Xavier's cautionary look, Rabbit smirked around her cigarette, chuckles issuing forth with blue-grey wisps of smoke. Silly man.
Smart man, too, she mused. Maybe Rabbit wasn't the most dangerous of the creatures running around the Nexus, but it was generally advised not to irk her, if atleast because she'd make life unpleasant.

"Oh..." The cat... blue. A blue russian.
A blue russian...
"This is going to be really silly if you can't talk, but, er, you wouldn't happen to be Reinholdt, would you?" If her heart beat at all, it would have stopped in her chest with the sudden hope that welled up inside of her.
If this cat was Reinholdt, well, then, her searching and wondering what happened would all come to a swift end, and she could plan on revenge or whatever was applicable.
She was, of course, oblivious to whatever emotional turmoil Reinholdt might be experiencing.

Gullara
2010-12-23, 09:54 PM
Shas'La, happily drinking the ale that the bar serves, waves to Orak and moves to join him. "Hello, friend. I recently talked to an Eldar, and possibly gained an ally for the Greater Weaboo Good!" Shas'La notes, a small grin on is face. "How have things been going for you, Orak?"

"Eldar? Here?" Orak looks perplexed. Maybe it wasn't an eldar, and instead on of the beings that look like them. "I any case another ally is always welcome."

"Things have been fine. the meat here is terrible. It smells weak and docile. Unfit for consumption." He shakes his head in disgust.

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 09:56 PM
She... She... she didn't even know who he was.
Reinholdt felt his chest constrict even tighter. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.
"Yes. I'm Reinholdt." He says before opening them again, willing back any tears that even dared to try to form. He wouldn't allow himself to show her such weakness.

And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore?
You lost the love I loved the most.
I learned to live half a life...
And now you want me one more time.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-12-23, 10:01 PM
Oh.
He was getting emotional.
This was...awkward.
Taking her cigarette from her mouth, she exhaled loudly, a dark cloud puffing along from her crimson lips. How to approach this?
"Er, okay. So, I need to know how I died." Simple as that.
Just get straight to the point.

Falgorn
2010-12-23, 10:02 PM
"Eldar? Here?" Orak looks perplexed. Maybe it wasn't an eldar, and instead on of the beings that look like them. "I any case another ally is always welcome."

"Things have been fine. the meat here is terrible. It smells weak and docile. Unfit for consumption." He shakes his head in disgust.

"Being a tau, I am not used to...consuming the types of meat you do, but I have a recommendation. Take the first Gue'La that insults the Greater Good and feed on him. It seems simple enough." The tau blinks. "But, yes! I found an eldar sub-species, like your Krootox. Except it was more intelligent.
It was called 'elf,' and seemed much more frail than a normal Eldar." Shas'La says, reading from his notes.

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 10:06 PM
"That's it? This is all you wish to know?" Reinholdt asks, remaining unnaturally calm right now. He should hug her and kiss her. He should hurt her and hit her. He should flee. He should be thankful for another chance.
Isn't this what he wanted?

And who do you think you are?
Running 'round leaving scars,
Collecting your jar of hearts,
And tearing love apart.
You're gonna catch a cold,
From the ice inside your soul.
So don't come back for me.
Who do you think you are?

Moff Chumley
2010-12-23, 10:06 PM
Oh.
He was getting emotional.
This was...awkward.
Taking her cigarette from her mouth, she exhaled loudly, a dark cloud puffing along from her crimson lips. How to approach this?
"Er, okay. So, I need to know how I died." Simple as that.
Just get straight to the point.

"Clearly, not correctly."

What? Musta been an NPC or something. Chumley's just glaring at her drink like its got a problem or something, buddy.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-12-23, 10:12 PM
Obviously not correctly. Or good enough.
But she always did things half-arsed anyways, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Least of all Reinholdt.
Why is he so surprised anyways?

Rabbit bristled.
"Well, hells above and below, if you know next weeks winning lottery numbers, I'd like those, too!" She hissed, leaning down to look at the cat eye to eye.
"Listen here, cat. I've been lead to believe I liked you, before, so don't make me irritated, and maybe we'll continue to get along, eh? I died. I want to know how, because, clearly, I can't remember it. Or anything that happened for what I've been told is a year and a half or so before that death. Don't remember you or that lich guy I've been told we both worked for or how I died. Nothin'. And Magtok didn't really share much, and Addy- er, Admiral didn't know much, but they both mentioned you, so, by invisible gods, you're all I've got. Tell me how I died. "

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 10:17 PM
Reinholdt's mouth twitched a bit.
He was quite certain it wasn't an image, imitation, or some horribly done duplicate done by an enemy of his just to screw with him.
Rage built up in him. A recognizable one too. The one Rabbit always managed to provoke. He kneaded at his seat, claws half-out, not caring about the damage to the furniture.
"You killed yourself." He stated, keeping it just as short as the question.

I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

RabbitHoleLost
2010-12-23, 10:23 PM
One auburn eyebrow quirked.
Pulling back from her attempts to threaten a cat, Rabbit sat down on her barstool, replacing the cigarette to her lips, but not until she gave it a small flick, causing the ashes that had crowned the cherry tip to fall.
And there she sat, considering the cat and puffing. Puffing. Puffing.
The smoke cloud around her built.
"Yeah? I killed myself? Bullsh-t. I went through great lengths just to make myself undead in hopes of immortality. Why would I just toss that away? You're lying to me, cat, and I don't like it."

Trog
2010-12-23, 10:25 PM
*The back door to the tavern swings open with a bang, as a scaled foot kicks it clumsily open. The rarely seen troglodyte proprietor* enters awkwardly trying to balance a great metal pole and close the door at the same time as he is fiddling with his iScroll checking out results on HotOrNot.Town.

Hm... this girl's and rather unfortunate looking fire genasai... rating this one's going to be tough. :smallconfused: Unnf Oof! *the multitasking troglodyte finally wrenches the aluminum pole out of the back room, pulling the door half closed with his tail.*

*Turning to get a bottle of something liver dissolving from behind the bar he turns, swinging the pole around and nearly beheading Cosmo who was saved by the fact he was a gnome and also sitting down on the job. Trog wanders over by the fireplace and plants the pole into a potted plant.

Happy Festivus! :smallannoyed:

*lights a Coffin Nail™ brand cigarette and puffs*

Trog would air grievances next but frankly airing grievances is on the list for Trog this year so that pretty much takes care of that.

*plops down at the end of the bar into the stool marked "Reserved for Trog", swigs out of the bottle and pokes at his iScroll*

*TroggyProp - who, if you feed him enough booze would evolve into Troggle who would then oggle things with Charismas higher than 6 and who, if you are really looking to run up your bar tab, would then transform into RegreTrog sometime upon waking the next morning next to a nurse from the nearest Trogémon center or something. For more info consult your Trogédex).

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 10:31 PM
One auburn eyebrow quirked.
Pulling back from her attempts to threaten a cat, Rabbit sat down on her barstool, replacing the cigarette to her lips, but not until she gave it a small flick, causing the ashes that had crowned the cherry tip to fall.
And there she sat, considering the cat and puffing. Puffing. Puffing.
The smoke cloud around her built.
"Yeah? I killed myself? Bullsh-t. I went through great lengths just to make myself undead in hopes of immortality. Why would I just toss that away? You're lying to me, cat, and I don't like it."

Reinholdt slams his paw into the table with a bang, his whole body shaking.
"Lying to you?!"
He takes several deep breaths, slowly removing his paw from the table.
"Would you like me to start from the beginning then? Two years ago?" Had it been that long?

It took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
Cause you broke all your promises

Gullara
2010-12-23, 10:32 PM
"Being a tau, I am not used to...consuming the types of meat you do, but I have a recommendation. Take the first Gue'La that insults the Greater Good and feed on him. It seems simple enough." The tau blinks. "But, yes! I found an eldar sub-species, like your Krootox. Except it was more intelligent.
It was called 'elf,' and seemed much more frail than a normal Eldar." Shas'La says, reading from his notes.

Orak laughs the strange clicking laugh of the kroot, "Sounds like a fine plan."

"Elf, yes that sounds right. They smell different than the eldar, but similar, yes." If there's one thing a shaper knows it's genetics.

"So have you came up with a course of action?"

RabbitHoleLost
2010-12-23, 10:36 PM
Rabbit's eyes drifted along to the troglodyte, for just a moment, and she shuddered, ever the racist...or speci-est. Whatever.
Lizard man.
Ew.

Finally convincing her goosebumps to subside, she only caught the end of Reinholdt yelling at her, and frowned.
"Well, you know, considering I can't remember anything after I shoved a corner of my soul away into that journal, yeah. Yes, why don't you tell me anything? Start from the beginning, don't skip anything, and make it good."
There was an unspoken or else in Rabbit's words, as if she still expected him to be intimadated by her. And, hells, she still did, unaware of just what she had put the cat through before.

Trog
2010-12-23, 10:42 PM
*Trog flinches not at all the bang and the yelling. As long as the place isn't on fire for longer than an hour he never seems too phased by events.*

*iScroll poke*

*The troglodyte, never quite comfortable with magical technology like the other less-cave and/or tavern-dwelling races sticks his tongue out the side of his mouth in concentration as he struggles to purchase an App in the AppBazaar, getting side tracked time and again by games of chance run by the carnies there. The little icon at the bottom corner indicating his remaining gold pieces in his PoorPal account rapidly shrinking with each failed game of Find the Pea or at the girls at the Hide the Lil' Troglodyte booth.*

This is a lot harder than it looks. Trog's avatar has to pee soon. The bladder meter is filling up. Who the hell wrote this crappy spellware anyhow? Jeez. Trog just wants a Bejeweled App fer crying out loud.

*pokepokeguesturerudelywithonefingerpokepoke* P=

Trog likes the gesture feature though. Handy.

*sippuffpoke*

happyturtle
2010-12-23, 10:44 PM
Ashley walks in, looking down and making notes, and bumping into a table because she wasn't paying attention.

"Huh. Festivus." she says, looking at the pole. She glances around the place. Cosmo scowling. Trog smoking. A woman and a cat glaring at one another. A pair of aliens talking.

Is it any wonder she decided to sit down across from Chumley? "Hi, I'm Ashley. Let me guess... you were born under the Minotaur sign, right?"

Reinholdt
2010-12-23, 10:44 PM
Then Reinholdt will calmly tell her. How they met. Thanksmas. The attack on the Citadel. How he tricked her. How they fought. How she joined him and Calublufiok. How they went back in time. The amnesia and the torture. Calublufiok's first death. Kaela. What they finally did together to end the world. All about Shepherd and the prophecy of the key to defeating him. How she begged Reinholdt to kill their son in the end. How he did. How she left for a long time afterwords. How she eventually came back. How they were talking about attempting another family. How he became a paladin and how she attacked him. Finally, how he left and committed suicide.

Far too long to put here. And conveniently missing a lot of pieces about her and Amour, ensuring not only to not highlight those parts, but to not even mention how the temple-burning and the god cared for each other.

He remains very steely during this conversation, even if it's clear at times he'd rather be anything but.

And now you're back
You don't get to get me back