PDA

View Full Version : Spell selection help (3.5)

Demonix
2010-12-27, 01:08 PM
I have recently joined an evil epic 3.5 campaign and I find myself a little daunted by the options presented. While they say that they are powergaming this, a guy playing a red wizard of thay thought that Tenser's transformation was a good spell, so...

I am looking for a bit of help in my spell selection. Due to my character's class makeup and specific campaign conditions, I get access to every arcane and divine spell in the 3.5 PHB and spell compendium. This is ALOT of info to process and cross reference and I wanted to tap into the hivemind here to get some ideas. Below are the specifics of my character:

Pixie, 10 wizard/10 archivist/7 mystic theurge
Concept - plays with dead things, coldly analytical, will make things for the sake of making them regardless of possible consequences (let's make a death knight, then use vile death to allow a demon to inhabit it!). Personally focused on necromancy, but is a generalist wizard.
Alignment: NE (due to item possession)

Feats selected (including bonus feats)
Wizard: Scribe scroll, quicken spell, silent spell, spell penetration, chain spell, extend spell
Archivist: Corpsecrafter, bolster resistance, necromantic presence, enervate spell
Mystic Theurge: undead leadership, persistent spell, fell animate

An example of combinations I have thought of:

Persistent Shieldbearer with a DR 25/+5 shield...could probably use the shield for cover, if I make it a medium shield.

Fell animate consumptive field/greater consumptive field - passively increase my caster level and raise undead at the same time? yes please!

Veil of undeath - ultimate in effect defense without the drawbacks of actually being undead

buzzing bee - level 1, annoy spell casters (force those checks! force those checks! even space marine terminators will fall before shuriken catapults if you fire enough of em!)

Greymantle - no healing effects allowed on target, follow with an attack with my vasharan worm pod, you cant get rid of the worm until you dispel the greymantle, and time is a factor (1d4+1 rounds)

Anticipate teleport/greater anticipate teleport - turn the tables by delaying thier arrival and setting up an ambush.

That's just a few examples. I've gone for level draining and stat draining spells over straight damage, as well as effects that will give penalties to saves, attacks and AC.

Demonix
2010-12-31, 06:38 PM
bumping this; I can only assume with no responses I'm on the right track, but let me double check just to be sure. :)