PDA

View Full Version : OOTS Wheelchair?

Shades of Gray
2010-12-28, 12:07 AM
Does anyone have a clue on how to draw a wheelchair in OOTS style? (Preferably in 3/4 view, not front view)

From what I understand there is a wheelchair-bound character in Start of Darkness, but I lack that particular book.

References would help. Thanks in advance.

araveugnitsuga
2010-12-28, 02:32 AM
That would be

Proffesor Xavion, leader of the S-Men

His weelchair is in 9/16 actually.

Trixie
2011-01-01, 10:50 AM
You have almost-wheelchair in OotS #122. Just add wheels instead of ribs.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-01, 01:00 PM
If you have SoD, just look at Professor Xavion.

Shades of Gray
2011-01-01, 04:59 PM
I said in the first post that I didn't have the book...

Dr.Epic
2011-01-01, 10:16 PM
I said in the first post that I didn't have the book...

Oh, well, I might upload an image so long as that doesn't violate some rule. I know Rich has said that he doesn't like people messing with his images, but is taking a picture of an image in one of his books, uploading that to image shack and posting it here against the rules?

Cealocanth
2011-01-01, 10:19 PM
Oh, well, I might upload an image so long as that doesn't violate some rule. I know Rich has said that he doesn't like people messing with his images, but is taking a picture of an image in one of his books, uploading that to image shack and posting it here against the rules?

Good call for caution, Dr.Epic. I was just about to do the same thing, but I didn't think that would violate the rules. That must explain why there's no pictures of Xavion on Google Images.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-01, 10:21 PM
Good call for caution, Dr.Epic. I was just about to do the same thing, but I didn't think that would violate the rules. That must explain why there's no pictures of Xavion on Google Images.

I've actually seen images from SoD when I've googled searched. I still am not sure if it's cool though. Someone should contact a mod and see if it's cool.

Trixie
2011-01-02, 05:19 AM
Someone once posted a blurry pic of Wight from Dragon strips, just as Tsukiko begun using them to prove they're in fact wights, not other undead.

He was banned, IIRC.

Kris on a Stick
2011-01-02, 05:27 AM
While directly ripping an image directly from the book sounds like a distinct not-coolity to me, perhaps someone who owns the book and has teh Inkscape could just quickly draw up a copy of the chair and upload that?

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-02, 05:39 AM
I don't have the book at hand at the moment, and I prefer Fireworks for working on avatars (even though I'm using Inkscape for the moment and because of a complex set of circumstances)

I converted a wheelchair photo into OoTS Art the best I could.

Disclaimer: This is NOT Xavion's chair.
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss257/araveugnitsuga/WheelChair.png

Serpentine
2011-01-02, 05:41 AM
I am 98% positive that someone has done a wheelchair-bound avatar. Actually, update that to 100%: one Playgrounder had at least one picture of themself in a wheelchair (see the Unfortunate Events IA, iirc), and I'm sure someone else did Professor Xavier (see... some other IA, and/or the Adoption thread).

Kris on a Stick
2011-01-02, 05:45 AM
Ooooh! There's also this one that Happyturtle had for Steampunk week.
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/mine/rect5628.png
By Slayer Draco.

Serpentine
2011-01-02, 05:46 AM
If it was Happyturtle with that one, it may well have been Happyturtle with the others.

Kris on a Stick
2011-01-02, 05:48 AM
Poking through her avatars on Photobucket, it's the only be-wheeled avatar I could find, so likely not.

Elder Tsofu
2011-01-02, 05:50 AM
I did a professor Bitterleaf (http://media.photobucket.com/image/professor%20bitterleaf/Tsofu/ProfessorBBitterleaf.png?o=1) for an IA. Might be the one you think of Serpentine.

Serpentine
2011-01-02, 05:55 AM
Well. I went looking in the Unfortunate Events IA, and... Well, I found the ones I was thinking of, but neither actually had a wheelchair. On the other hand, I found this, by RPGsr4me:
http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/oots12321/NotAgain.png

Could be Tsofu, though I'm sure I've seen a straight Xavier. I'll have a quick squiz...