PDA

View Full Version : help please

Kurtmuran
2010-12-28, 01:11 AM
hi i want to made a character focused in crafts ( a blacksmith) but i need some help whit equip ( common or homebrew) or/and spells for improve the smith skills , think i see a spell or something who can boost the craf skill checks but, i dont remember where i see that if some one knows an item or spell or want to homebrew one to help me

Kurtmuran
2010-12-29, 03:47 PM
ok i think you dont know i want to mean i mean something like this

handy carft spell

Level: Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes

The transmuted creature becomes more dexterous, skillfull and coordinated
when doing crafts. The spell grants a +4 enhancement bonus to any craft checks

Vadin
2010-12-29, 04:04 PM
It seems you're looking for advice on how to max out a skill (specifically Craft).
Some tips:

An item: Masterwork Artisan's Tools will give you a +2 bonus to Craft checks.
A feat: Skill Focus will give you a +3 bonus to any skill (in this instance Craft).
Intelligence: Pick a race with a bonus to intelligence (you can find any number of +4 Intelligence races in the various and sundry 3.5 splatbooks). You should easily be able to manage at least a +5 ability modifier at level 1.
Training: Max ranks in Craft, of course.

Those are all just things for level 1, of course (at level 1 you should have at least a +13 bonus to a skill- this can be higher with racial bonuses and feats that give +2 to two skills). Over the course of leveling you should increase your intelligence at every available opportunity, pick magic items that give you bonuses to your Craft skill and your Intelligence. At higher levels there are tomes available that permanently increase your ability scores and Wish can do the same thing.

Does this help? If you gave us some background about your character (race and class, for example), we might be able to help a little more.

Kurtmuran
2010-12-29, 07:57 PM
It seems you're looking for advice on how to max out a skill (specifically Craft).
Some tips:

An item: Masterwork Artisan's Tools will give you a +2 bonus to Craft checks.
A feat: Skill Focus will give you a +3 bonus to any skill (in this instance Craft).
Intelligence: Pick a race with a bonus to intelligence (you can find any number of +4 Intelligence races in the various and sundry 3.5 splatbooks). You should easily be able to manage at least a +5 ability modifier at level 1.
Training: Max ranks in Craft, of course.

Those are all just things for level 1, of course (at level 1 you should have at least a +13 bonus to a skill- this can be higher with racial bonuses and feats that give +2 to two skills). Over the course of leveling you should increase your intelligence at every available opportunity, pick magic items that give you bonuses to your Craft skill and your Intelligence. At higher levels there are tomes available that permanently increase your ability scores and Wish can do the same thing.

Does this help? If you gave us some background about your character (race and class, for example), we might be able to help a little more.

thanks i work in that