PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy Cheese

WarKitty
2010-12-30, 09:49 PM
I have a challenge for the Playground. I want the cheesiest level 20 cheese you can create. Any and all books are available; the only restrictions is that you must be a cheese.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2010-12-30, 09:50 PM
Psionic Cheese Sandwich?

Ilmryn
2010-12-30, 10:03 PM
Pun-pun?

:smallbiggrin:

I just couldn't resist saying that. Although in terms of cheese you don't get much worse...

I believe there was a build somewhere (called the Word) who was all alignments at once and had an insane caster level; it would insta-kill anything with holy word/word of chaos/dictum/blasphemy.

tuesdayscoming
2010-12-30, 10:05 PM
I believe there was a build somewhere (called the Word) who was all alignments at once and had an insane caster level; it would insta-kill anything with holy word/word of chaos/dictum/blasphemy.

Here (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/The_Wish_and_the_Word_%283.5e_Optimized_Character_ Build%29) ya go!

WarKitty
2010-12-30, 10:05 PM
Pun-pun?

:smallbiggrin:

I just couldn't resist saying that. Although in terms of cheese you don't get much worse...

You missed the point. The character is supposed to be an actual piece of cheese.

Elric VIII
2010-12-30, 10:36 PM
You missed the point. The character is supposed to be an actual piece of cheese.

Wizard 20 is very cheesy, depending on the group and use of splat books, and it gets Polymorph Any Object: Cheese.

mootoall
2010-12-30, 10:39 PM
Psionic Cheese Sandwich?

Seconded. Not much cheesier than actual cheese. No reason you can't just be a Psionic block of cheese though. As a STP Erudite.

The Glyphstone
2010-12-30, 10:40 PM
I think the Psionic Sandwich Cheese Wheel is the winner here.

Polymorph Any Object would give you the mental stats of a cheese, which aren't spectacular. So a Wizard won't be able to do it.

Forged Fury
2010-12-30, 10:51 PM
Are you implying that Pun-Pun could not choose to be a piece of cheese if he so wished?

WarKitty
2010-12-30, 10:56 PM
Are you implying that Pun-Pun could not choose to be a piece of cheese if he so wished?

I'm not sure even the wish spell is up to changing one's form permanently while still retaining one's mental ability scores. So, not sure if he could.

Urpriest
2010-12-30, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure even the wish spell is up to changing one's form permanently while still retaining one's mental ability scores. So, not sure if he could.

One of the SDAs can probably handle it though. Alter Form probably includes objects.

The Glyphstone
2010-12-30, 10:59 PM

A normal psion can pull the Sandwich combo, why couldn't Pun-Pun also do it? Once he's hit overdeity status, he can just rewrite Manipulate Form so that it works on sandwiches (or cheese).

Kalaska'Agathas
2010-12-30, 11:01 PM
A normal psion can pull the Sandwich combo, why couldn't Pun-Pun also do it? Once he's hit overdeity status, he can just rewrite Manipulate Form so that it works on sandwiches (or cheese).

Or just grant himself Psionics.

tyckspoon
2010-12-31, 02:51 AM
Or just grant himself Psionics.

Or just *be* a psion; Metamorphosis + Metamorphic Transfer was one of the ascension techniques used before the absolute race to the bottom produced the level 1 Paladin commonly thought of as Pun-Pun now.

sonofzeal
2010-12-31, 03:24 AM
Or just *be* a psion; Metamorphosis + Metamorphic Transfer was one of the ascension techniques used before the absolute race to the bottom produced the level 1 Paladin commonly thought of as Pun-Pun now.
I still think of the lvl 5 version with Divine Minion as "Pun-Pun", since IIRC it still generally required kobold and was a specific Pun-Pun ascension. The lvl 1 version works for anyone, requires favourable NPC interaction, and leads to a Wish-cycle which can then be used to ascend, rather than leading to the ascension directly. The lvl 1 version really cheapens it for me, and IMHO merely mimics the Pun-Pun ascension rather than actually being Pun-Pun.