PDA

View Full Version : Need help with locating or creating some PrC's

Eikonos
2010-12-31, 01:12 AM
Hello everyone !!

I have skimmed through all my d&d books, both Wizards and 3rd party ones, and couldn't locate even a single prestige class that would require a Warmage, Ninja, Scout or Swashbuckler as a basic class.

By "require", I mean that it specifically needs class features from one of those basic classes as prerequisites.

Help me !! :smallsmile:

boomwolf
2010-12-31, 12:43 PM
Well, the problem with all them splatbooks is that if its not in core, then no book other then the one it's in will ever refer to it, and even in the same book some things that should be obvious are not necessary to work. (like the duskblade spell list, it lacks many gish-intended spells that were published in the very same book.)

Some VERY rare exceptions are draconic feats, that feature two separate feat bundles, one in RotD and the other in dragon magic, and as they were both labeed [draconic] they synergies, or a rare "alternate" to sneak attack requirement in the form of skirmish.

So yea, look in the book the class came from. if its not there, it probably does not exist.

Thats why the core base classes are mostly overpowering. they have ALOT more options, and not only casters enjoy this high verity.

JoshuaZ
2010-12-31, 04:21 PM
Well, the problem with all them splatbooks is that if its not in core, then no book other then the one it's in will ever refer to it, and even in the same book some things that should be obvious are not necessary to work. (like the duskblade spell list, it lacks many gish-intended spells that were published in the very same book.)

Some VERY rare exceptions are draconic feats, that feature two separate feat bundles, one in RotD and the other in dragon magic, and as they were both labeed [draconic] they synergies, or a rare "alternate" to sneak attack requirement in the form of skirmish.

As far as I'm aware almost every single exception is in Dragon Magic. Dragon Magic also contains incarnum material (new soulmelds), binder material (a new vestige), warlock material (new invocations). It seems like that book went out of its way to do that sort of thing while none of the other books bothered.

Now, to directly answer the OP's question: I'm not aware of any good homebrew that requires any of those classes, but you can probably find some stuff if you look through the archives of the PrC contests here. Some of them might be worthwhile (although others like the Ninja Zombie Pirate Robot can probably be skipped.)

So yea, look in the book the class came from. if its not there, it probably does not exist.

Edit: Hit save to early.

Also should consider looking at the long list of goblinoid specific PrCs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75120) some of which I think have skirmish as a prereq.

Thats why the core base classes are mostly overpowering. they have ALOT more options, and not only casters enjoy this high verity.

Well, and that a lot of the stuff in core is just very powerful (druids, wizards and clerics are all very powerful even with just core.)

Bhu
2011-01-01, 03:02 AM
I've made a few that require ninja or scout abilities but they're fairly limited to specific races, or cross class combos. Is there something you had in mind?

PS The Samurai Stuff I've been working on for you will be getting reposted soon.

Eikonos
2011-01-01, 10:31 AM
Is there something you had in mind?

Well...not really, I'm open to people's creativity in this regard :smalltongue:

I'm well aware of several such classes, mostly by Bhu (I bow to your skills yet again :smallcool:), posted here on the boards, and that would be it.

PS The Samurai Stuff I've been working on for you will be getting reposted soon.

PPS Yeeaaahh, you rock :smallcool: